NEVER NORMAL ⌽ LORE + INFO

LOCATIONS

Locations marked as Starting Point are locations available for your character to start at. You can not have your character start at any random point. If there is somewhere specific you want your character to begin, let me know. I may ask you to change your character's location at anytime before the roleplay begins.

MILLENNIUM CITY, NEW YORK
Available for Starting Point: Yes

Millennium City! A beautiful, shining city. Well.. At least in some parts. I could best describe this place as a mixture between San Francisco, Manhattan, and Gotham. Some parts are wonderful; if you've got money. Other parts, not so much. Millennium is known for it's high crime rate, but it's got some redeeming qualities. Somewhere.

Population: 4.2 mil
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA
Available for Starting Point: No

TBD

Population: 3.9 mil

GAINESVILLE, FLORIDA

TBD

Population: 120,000

PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA

A bustling town within Pennsylvania.

Population: 1.56 mil

SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS

Yeehaw.

Population: 1.437 mil
???, ARIZONA

TBD
PORTLAND, OREGON

TBD
ELY, NEVADA
Available for Starting Point: Already pre-determined

A small town in White Pine County, Nevada.

Population: 4000

CloudyBlueDay

consistently inconsistent
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
Online Availability
I check as often as I can.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Realistic/Modern, Magic, Scifi, Romance
OOC | IC | LORE | CS

LORE

[tabs]

[tab=POWERS]
Powers are best described as an extension of one's body. That is, after all, the best way to understand them. The best way to control them, however, that's another story. Powers are specific to their hosts; sometimes they fit the personality, and other times they fit the needs or wants or that person. A person with flight may have the desire to leave their earthly ties, or they may be a rather flighty person. Sometimes, powers don't seem to match the person at all, but there is always some sort of correlation.

Powers grow. They change along with your life, your decisions. Powers react to your situation, your emotion, and your health. They grow stronger with training, and with time. New extensions of the power surface as well, especially in times of dire need. When a person is put under extreme stress, their power can become extremely strong, but with this comes the cost of draining the bearer greatly, to the point of collapse, or perhaps even death. If you ever feel your character is at the point where they deserve a "level up", let me know!

Some people may have secondary abilities, like super strength may have a touch of invulnerability, because how are you going to lift a car without breaking your hand? I'll allow things like this if explained appropriately. However, something like fire manipulation and super speed together, which has no ties whatsoever, won't be approved.

As stated previously, be creative with your powers! I love to see diversity and you can go as wild as you like, to be quite honest, as long as you've spoken to me first. I'll allow most of everything as long as it's strengths are balanced with it's weaknesses. Powers are not "magic", however, so keep the fancy witchy type stuff at bay, but honestly, most anything goes.

The three powers I've banned right off the bat for plot purposes are: Mind reading, time travelling, and instant teleportation.

A topic that is very important is that of glowing eyes. Eyes glow when powers are used to the max in times of dire need, or for some people, when their powers are used at all. But when someone has eyes that glow perpetually, nonstop, with or without the use of their powers, that means their powers were brought to light through experimentation. That means, that the SPME got their hands on this person before they actually had their powers, and forced their abilities out of them in a painful, stressful way. A side effect of this is that the person's eyes glow without stop, forever.

***New*** Sometimes, a person's hair color can begin to change color as an effect of their powers. This can occur after a traumatic event that the own person's powers have caused, or when the bearer of the powers slowly begins to consider their powers an integral, irreversible part of them. Their hair will slowly but surely begin to change it's color, generally matching the person's supercharged eye color.

Things to call people with powers: Superhumans, metahumans, supers, bearer (of power), host (of power)
[/tab]
[tab=SPME]
The SPME, short for Studies of the Physically and Mentally Enhanced,
are a ruthless, sadistic organization of scientists that seek to understand powers to use them for their own gain. The SPME kidnap people with powers or even people they think may have powers, anyone from babies, to children, to adults.

As mentioned in the previous tab, people with perpetually glowing eyes have powers that were forcefully awakened by the SPME. This "forceful awakening" is done by putting the bearer under such extreme amounts of stress that their power reveals themselves immaturely to protect the bearer's life. As well as the constant glowing eyes, these powers are also a little more unstable, harder to control, and stronger.

To attempt to understand abilities, the SPME force supers to endure extreme stress and go through other trials, whilst monitoring vitals and other areas. The people captured by SPME are held captive for however long the SPME see fit, but it's likely you're not getting out of there just out of the goodness in their heart. Some people have spent years upon years in captivity, and children have been raised to know it as their only home. It is a cruel, cruel establishment, and who runs the whole thing is still a mystery. The public is unaware of the SPME.

Anyone who was once was, or still is, victim to the SPME, would have a trademark crescent-shaped scar on the left shoulder, as well as perhaps those ever-glowing eyes.

The SPME headquarters resides in [REDACTED]. They have multiple locations across the world and are on the cutting-edge of technology, with a range of devices that can monitor and track a super. They are on the scene of every meteor shower, as they have come to learn that meteor showers are always where huge spikes in power occur. When meteor showers happen, people strangely disappear moments later. This is usually the SPME, kidnapping those they believe have gained power from the fallen stars.
[/tab]
[tab=THE UNIVERSE]
The year is 2017. The starting date is January 13th. This roleplay takes place in the United States of America, with one change to the map, a city named Millennium City in New York.

A greatly important thing to this universe and powers are stars. Stars are what fuel powers, but not a lot of people quite know that, or even why. The SPME have come to know that whenever a meteor shower hits an area, people suddenly gain powers. Otherwise, none quite understand where powers even come from. Powers, technically, are quite alien. They come from outer space, they come from the vast universe surrounding the earth. The humans that are granted these abilities are not alien, of course, but maybe a part of them now is.

Some people are indeed born with powers, but most receive powers at puberty and on. You could say people who've had abilities since birth do have pieces of stars embedded in them; and it's likely their parents did as well.

This meteor shower, the most recent one, is bringing the world the most supers it's had, ever. This will be the biggest generation of metahumans ever dated, and it is going to change the world.

Like a lot of the superhero universes we know and love, many stories at many different points in time. That's why Never Normal as an Arc System.

This is not the first roleplay I've run within the Never Normal universe, and in fact, this could be considered something of a prologue. This Arc is known as; Arc: Dawn. Within the Arc system are generally 10+ chapters that divide scenes within the roleplay. I run the roleplay by chapters to move smoothly through time skips and other locations.

[/tab]
[tab=RULES]
1. First and foremost, follow all of Iwaku's rules.
2. I am the GM, and my word is final.
3. Rissa is my co-gm, please treat her with the same respect you would treat me with.
4. I reserve the right to deny anyone from this roleplay at anytime.
5. This is a roleplay of detailed nature, I expect a minimum of three paragraphs per post, and well-thought, detailed characters. This is a collaborative effort and I hope everyone will partake in helping to create and further the story, so if you are not prepared to put such time and effort into this, this isn't the roleplay for you.
6. There will be no fighting or jabs or anything of the sort. We're all friends here and if there are problems I expect everyone to handle them maturely.
7. This is NOT a star roleplay. Fade to black if necessary.
8. My co-gm and I reserve the right to ask anyone for a writing sample. If we do, a notice will be PM'd to said members.
[/tab]
[/tabs]
[tabs][/tabs]
[tabs][/tabs]
[tabs][/tabs]

Last edited:

dawn
character roster

MASON ZETITH
Powers: Pathfinding
Glow: Cerulean

RHEYA CROW
Powers: Personal Energy Manipulation
Glow: Amethyst

LEON ROJAY
Powers: Transmutation
Glow: ???

LEVI LANCASTER
Powers: Ink Manipulation

DAKOTA JENNINGS
Powers: Invulnerability & Energy Transferal
Glow: Pink

HEDIEH REDDING
Powers: Intangibility

ALEX SUMMERS
Powers: Ghost Physiology
Glow: Pink?

PATRICK O'MALLEY
Powers: Gates
Glow: Gold?

CASSIA MUNINN
Power: Hydrokinesis
Glow: Aquamarine

AUSTIN SORENSON
Power: Typhokinesis
Glow: Peach

HANG DAO
Power: Biomanipulation

LISAH KHOURY-SMITH
Power: Gold Manipulation

EVAN ROWELL
Powers: Wound Transferal
Glow: Magenta

JOAN ARDENT
Power: Plant Manipulation
Glow: Dark Green

dawn
npc roster

sapphire finch
Residency: Millennium City, New York
Powers: ???

A strong young woman, Sapphire thrives in the light of her father's high position, using it to scale her way to the top. Despite being a bit feisty, she is no doubt an excellent leader, though her mysterious past keeps her from trusting easily.

makoa kalani
Residency: ???
Powers: Forcefield Manipulation
Glow: Lavender/blue

A motherly figure to the team, Makoa's soft but strong disposition makes her the
perfect person to mediate an argument. She hopes to find the best in everyone, but can learn very quickly how to push buttons.

archer jenson
Powers: Super speed
Glow: Electric Orange/Yellow

A dashing jokester, Archer's quick quips and eccentric personality match his powers perfectly. A bit of a mischeifmaker, Archer loves to see people squirm and make the ladies melt, but it might just all be a facade to cover up his dark past. His fingers are a bit sticky and if you've lost something it's commonplace to wonder if Archer "borrowed" it.

willow castaronez
Powers: Void Manipulation
Glow: Dark Purple

Taken from her family and her friends, Willow struggles to find her place in the hands of her enemies. A good person with a bit of a mixed up moral compass, Willow aims to do the best but usually ends up in the worst, and she does have a thing for the 'thrill of the moment'. The void of time and space is daunting to her.

ivory whittier
Powers: Ice manipulation
Glow: Ice blue

Though once a somewhat decent person, time flies in an empty cell. Ivory has fallen into the trap of what people want her to be, and her dark side only continues to be fed. She was always a little cold anyway.

fire gal
Residency:
Powers: Fire Manipulation? Fire Form? Fire what the fuck is going on?
Glow: RED RED RED RED RED

Has a large temper.

jace diamant

A trademark smirk is all that Jace wears, and he does quite enjoy sporting it when he can make people blow steam from their ears. He and Archer bicker endlessly, two sides of a very similar coin, and he seems to enjoy paddleball.

ayla finnegan
Powers: Clairvoyance
Glow: Gold (perpetual)

A fragile little thing, Ayla has a shy persona with a big heart. Though she usually won't voice her opinion,
she believes in the good of man despite all that has happened to her, and finally, in the comfort of people she trusts, Ayla is beginning to bloom. Speech takes a bit of practice. She gets nervous.

aaron foster

A bad egg gone rotten, Aaron never had a chance at life. Driven to insanity in an empty cell, he is but a shell of a boy who's only path in life is hell and havoc.

parker peterson
Powers: Electricity Manipulation
Glow: Electric Blue (perpetual)

A good kid caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. Parker was nothing but a simple boy with a simple life, a fully grown nerd and family guy at heart. He loved his siblings and he cared about his parents, and was hoping to at least do right by them by attending college and supporting the family. Unfortunately, things got a little side tracked when something was shocked out of him.

darius finch

A just and levelheaded man, Darius is no short of an all around intelligent person. He leads with grace and warmth, and is almost a fatherly figure to all of his members, perhaps excluding his own daughter. Though he does try, she's just a little hard to reach. Darius may keep secrets of his own but he will constantly put others before himself.

basil castor
Powers: Blueprint

Basil's disposition radiates sunshine and happiness. Her quirky demeanor is quite uplifting to the rest of the group and her skillset is just as necessary. She is a wonderful cook, and tries to befriend most everyone.

silas silvestre
Powers: Plant Form / Plant Manipulation

A strangely emotionless person, Silas has the social skills of a tree. Which is forgivable, considering he spent quite a few years being one. A very powerful meta, almost entirely for the fact over the intense control over his abilities, Silas is both feared and underestimated. Quite dense.

casey rezona

If someone were to use one word to describe Casey, it would be utterly bitter. No person hates the world like Casey does. Poison rests on her tongue, ready to harm. No one can quite seem to reach her,
but she won't leave, either.

victor mccor

Darius Finch's right hand man, he assisted his best friend in building the Protectors (quite literally) from the ground up. A rather calming yet mysterious presence, Victor doesn't talk much but is widely appreciated among the group, and well respected.

perseus finch

Darius's son and Sapphire's younger brother, Percy is a bit of a handful in which the team all shares parental duties. A bit of a crybaby, he depends quite heavily on his "uncles and aunts", especially his idol, Sapphire. His powers are beginning to bloom, making him that much more of a handful. He doesn't leave his room without his stuffed reindeer.

christina capra

A dainty and somewhat flirtatious person, you would never hear Christina coming, her footsteps light as snow. The only thing jarring about her presence are the large, goat-like horns that sit atop her head. She's got an on-and-off thing going on with Jace that nobody approves of.

mirra mileson

A new addition to the team, Mirra is a shy and humble presence. She keeps to herself.

Last edited: