Never Love Again

X

Xnijmai

Original poster
Okay Uhhh... Some stuff happened... Sasori assaulted Josuke... They are mad at each other... Uhhh... Hanging out with other people... And stuff! Now on with the posting!

"...And then I returned the purse to the woman, she still maced me in the face...Then she dropped her purse again...Turns out that her purse strap was broken...." The young woman was trying to hide the smile she had at his expense with a concerned face. "I can't believe you kept going back to give that woman's purse back to her!" Josuke was smirking as they were walking towards the run down hotel, and back to Mitsuo car. "I mean hell, I was going to get blamed for it anyways since we were going the same way, I might as well as try to do the right thing, right?" They reach her car and Mitsuo turns to face Josuke.

"I've got to admit, Mr. Josuke... I wasn't sure what to expect when I agreed to go with you..." She slightly brushes the hair from the side of her face behind her ear to expose more of her face, her pale, almost translucent complex glowing softly in the moonlight. Her eyes reflected the same light as she stared straight up at Josuke, aligning her sight with his. "But... I have to admit it was one of the most enjoyable nights I have had in a long, long time." Josuke's face slightly flush as she gazed into his, slightly shifting his gaze to the side to try to regain his composure.

"Heh... If that was one of your better nights then you really need to increase your standards..." Mitsuo smiled gently, placing her hand softly on Josuke's chest, which made his face turn even more red than before."Hehehehe... I think my standards are just fine, Mr. Josuke..." She laughed at how flustered Josuke was getting and turned to her car. "... I was wrong about you... In many ways... You... You are nothing like I would expect you to be...I... I would like to see you again...If you would let me."

Josuke was a bit confused at her request. "Yeah, sure... It's not like I am going to go anywhere or anything." Mitsuo smiled and closed her car door. "Good...I will be looking forward to it..." And with that she quickly took off.

Josuke was just in a stupor as she quickly drove off. "But... I didn't even tell you where I live..." She was a bit odd, but she was rather cute, and a good way to get his mind off of Sasori. "..." Speaking of which... "Oi!" He walked over towards to the gate of of the hotel and started knocking loudly at it. "Oi! Open up, Damnit! I know you are home!"

Meanwhile. "Wait... What?!?" The black car nearly came to a stop as Mitsuo almost dropped her cellphone.

"You mean... That man wasn't the Minazuki heir?"

Sasori was sitting on the floor of the study, several books open on the long tea table that sat near the fireplace. There was no fire, no romantic atmosphere, but the man she was tutoring didn't seem to mind.

"So if you divide A from 356 and then multiply it by the square root, what do you get?" Sasori asked, writing down the equation on a notepad for Katsuo to work out.

Katsuo wasn't watching the paper, however. He was moving to take Sasori's glasses and rest them on top her head. She hadn't worn any glasses up until they sat down for study. "You know... your eyes are very pretty. I like that serious look you get while studying."

That came out of left field! Sasori coughed, preying that she wasn't blushing as her eyes darted towards a clock. "Uh... you know, it's getting late. I guess we should head to bed. Do you want to stay here with me tonight?" Katsuo had offered to stay. After that thief had broken in, (and she STILL was so sure it was Josuke!) she was still pretty freaked out.

"Of course! I'd never leave a girl in distress." he replied with a grin. "To bed then?"

"Yeah." Sasori showed Katsuo to one of the empty rooms and left for her own. Tired, kind of annoyed, she changed her clothes and climbed in to bed.

Awhile later there was a rustle. A sleepily Sasori sat up, rubbing her head. "Katsuo..?" Before her eyes could adjust to the dark, a hand grabbed her shoulder! She let out a startled scream!

Just as Josuke had reached the hotel gate and was shouting to be let in, that's when he heard it. Her screaming was loud enough to carry all the way out in to the yard!

“…?” He stopped pounding at the door as soon as the sound of that familiar obnoxious voice rang through the courtyard. It sounded like she was screaming. “Goddamnit…”

Without thinking, Josuke rammed his shoulder into the thick wooden gates. “Ahh shit…”

He reeled back in pain, underestimating the sturdiness of the old wooden gates. “For a goddamn run down eyesore, the friggin’ gate are still in harder to get into than the pants of a Yakuza Boss’ teenage daughter…” He quickly shook it off as he tried again with a running, jumping foot stomp against the the door.

“Grrraaahh!” The wood was slightly splintering as he kept trying, but he was no where near close of breaking it down. “Grrr…” He cliched his fist tighter with each second that passed, know that the longer her took the more danger that smug know-it-all could be in. Hell, had forgotten what happened the other night cause of the little evening he had with that Mitsuo woman, but as his focus began to stem into frustration, he couldn’t help, but wonder why he was trying to help a woman who smashed a chair over his head, even despite him not doing anything wrong… Well, except sneaking in to her place, but that was just to get back his stuff!

But here he was, slamming his foot repeatedly into the thick, antique wooden gates of her house, cause he thought he heard her scream. He thinks that he may have fracture something in his foot, so he starts using his shoulder to ram against the gate once more. “Huuu…” He hurling himself a fifth time, he found fatigue catching up him as he leaned against the gate, which suffer fracturing, but still was no where near breaking. “God…Goddamnit…” The extraneous activities has caused the little golden crucifix he has been trying to hid under his shirt to slip out , dangling off his neck as he leans his head against the wall.

“Come on… You know I am not doing anything bad… Just give me a break, will ya…” And just as soon as he finished his sentence, the gate started moving, falling back as Josuke nearly fell with it. “WATDAFAWK!?!” The gate itself was very sturdy and could have withstood Josuke’s assault until he passed out… But the hinges themselves were pretty badly rusted, snapping off from all the force being extruded on it.

“…So you wait until I beat the shit out of myself to finally help?” He scoffs as he once the strength to start running again, moving his way up the stairs to the hotel. “Moves in mysterious ways, my ass. Seems like he just likes watching me suffer…”

Meanwhile, inside the hotel there was more continued screaming! Loud thumping! Something heavy falling over and breaking! After a few moments there was silence. The hotel fell quiet as a mouse. Not a thing was stirring inside and no lights had come on. From Josuke's perspective everyone inside might have already been dead!

“GWAH!” Instead of kicking out the frame, Josuke’s foot just merely punctured throught the through the old Fusuma door, it being traditionally made from rice paper instead of the modern reinforced ones made with enforced wood. “Damnit all… Stupid traditional building with its integrity to preserve historical architect…” Josuke just leaned forward and sort of just fell into the hotel, ripping a large hole in the doors.

Josuke quickly got back on his feet, stumbling blindly within the darkness. “OWAH!” He stubbed his knee against something solid and caused something to crash into the ground. “Aw shit…” Josuke continued on blindly, trying to get to that high-maintenance woman before anything bad happened to her.

“OI! SASORI! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU, DAMNIT?!?”

He searched around blindly, knocking countless things over in his wake.

“WHAT THE HELL WAS WITH ALL THE SCREAMING?!”

Nothing! Not word! Only silence replied to Josuke.

But then there was the soft sound of sneaky footprints nearby. Step. Stepstep. Step. Stepstepstepstepstep. WHAM! A body rammed in to Josuke at full speed!

Both forms went crashing to the floor, the other giving a manly grunt and a groan before seeming to jump back up to his feet. It was Katsuo!

"What the fuck, dude!"

Josuke didn't even take a second to let his brain register in who the person his fist was flying into. "...Oh." But man, did he feel great when he saw that he had decked that smug jerk that was here early.

Wait, what the hell was he doing here. "HEY! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING YOU HERE?" Josuke leans down to grab Katsuo by, what he hoped, as the collar of his shirt and shook him violently only to find that he was unconscious.

"Damnit..." He carelessly dropped the guy back on the ground and stood back up. "OI! SASORI! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?" He crosses over the jerkass and continued to muddle around in the dark. "SASORI! WHERE ARE YOU!"

Katsuo was now sprawled out cold on the floor! No answer coming from anywhere else in the house. But then, there came another scream from down the hall and in Sasori's room!

There was a loud THUD and then her bedroom door swung open. The girl came stumbled out of her room and running down the hall, with her head still turned to look behind her. She ended up tripping over the body of Katsuo and crashing on to Josuke! Another drop to the floor!

Sasori seemed to have the sense knocked out of her from the surprise. She blinked a few times until it registered that Josuke was the one she was now sitting on.

"Josuke! What the hell are you doing in here?!"

"Oi..." Josuke was taken by surprised when Sasori collided into him, if he saw it coming, he would have totally not fallen over at all, totally a lucky tackle.

"What the hell were you doing screaming like someone was trying to kill you?!" Sasori sat on his back as if he was some sort of damned beanie bag. "And what the hell is that tool doing in here with you alone, in the dark?!"

Josuke totally wasn’t jealous in the least sense… He was just trying to look out for her! That guy totally couldn’t be trusted! “What the hell were you guys doing?!”

Sasori looked pissed off for a second, but then she was looking over her should again, scared as could be! For the moment, she was going to forget how much she wanted to kill him!

"Josuke, there's some kind of monster in my room! It's freaking huge and it was going to kill us!" she almost sounded crazy, but there came another weird noise from Sasori's room! Sasori hopped off Josuke, and dragged him back to his feet with lots of poking and prodding. "Do something! Go in there and kill it!"

"...What the hell happened to Katsuo?!"

"He bumped into me..." Josuke cleared his throat causally crossed his arms. "... Then his face bumped into my fist..." He slipped in a quick kick to Katsuo as he laid passed out on the floor still.

"What the hell are you talking about..." She was dragging him like she was serious about this. "Feh... Why don't you just hit it in the face with a chair when it's not looking?" Okay, Josuke still was a bit bitter about that one, BUT SHE SLAMMED A CHAIR ON HIS FACE! A CHAIR!

"You're going to pay me extra for this right?" Before he could really get an answer she shoved him into the room and backed away. "..." The room was still a bit dim, with only the moonlight leaking through the paper window. "What the hell are you talking about... Crazy ass... Pffftt... Monst-" Then something moved within the darkness, breaking off the weak moonbeams that leaked through. "Oh...Shit..."

Josuke, now a bit hesitant, inched forward, his fist clinched tightly as continued. "..." it seemed that whatever it was, it seemed to notice Josuke there as well and had retreated into the corner... As if it was waiting for the perfect time to strike.

Josuke worked up all his courage by trying to remember all the Shounen Jumps he had read over the years and talking himself into believing that if shit really went down, that some sort of secret power within him will awaken and totally kick the ass of the monster in the dark.

At least that is what he wanted to happen...

"Oi..." Even though it was dark, Josuke did his best 'Scary Thug' face and inched forward. "YOU THINK YOUR PUNK ASS SCARE ME? OI! WHO'S BEING THE LITTLE BITCH HIDING IN THE CORNER, HUH?! CHICKEN SHIT! YOU AIN'T NOTHING BUT CHICKEN SHIT!" Josuke prodded whatever it was in the corner with his foot, feeling all brave and bold. What he didn't expect was it shrieking and moving as fast as it did.

What he really really didn't expect was the 'monster' leaping up and latching onto his face. "GGWWWAAAAHHHHH!!!!"

Sasori started screaming when he started screaming! How could she help it? It sounded like he was getting murdered by the monster in there!

"Josuke! Josuke?!" There was more loud thudding and growling coming from the insides of her bedroom! "Josuke, are you okay?!" She wasn't getting any CLEAR replies for him! Just weird yelling and the sounds of lots of stuff breaking!

Oh gods, he was getting ripped to shreds by a demon and she just shoved him in there! Sasori near stumbled down the hall until she managed to dig out one of the brooms from a supply closet. When she came back to her bedroom, she was still hesitant to enter, but she couldn't just let him DIE in there!

Sasori stormed in to the room, seeing a taller form wrestling around in pain! "WATCH IT, I'M GOING TO HIT HIM!" CRACK! She hit him with the room! Only.. HIM was Josuke as the beast attached to him seemed to have lept off!

SNAP

The broom broke as it struck the back of Josuke's head, flaunting the monster-like strength that Sasori must have sold her soul to posses.

"OHGAWDWATDAFAWK!" The 'monster' seemed to be spooked by the blow that Josuke seeming took for it and skitter off into the hallway, the moonlight leaking into from the open door way revealing it's true form; a lone Snow Macaque Monkey that had wandered it's way down from the nearby mountain.

Josuke, still rolling around in the dark from the pain of having a broom smashed against his head, manage to catch a fleeing glimpse of the monkey as he made it's get away, hoping that he wasn't hallucinating from possible concussion that was delivered to him.

"DAMNIT, SASAORI! STOP HITTING MY HEAD WITH THINGS!"

...a monkey?

It was a snow white monkey. A pretty animal really! Aside from that crazy scared look in it's eyes and the fact it probably just mauled Josuke to pieces. She stepped out in to the hall after it to make sure she wasn't just seeing things. Yep! A cute little monkey! ...Wait, wasn't Katsuo passed out on the floor? Now he was nowhere to be seen!

Sasori stepped back in her room to have Josuke screaming at her again!

"I was trying to SAVE you stupid! I thought it was trying to eat your face off!" Grrr. Ungrateful jerk! Sasori leaned down to help him get back to his feet, when she suddenly paused.

"Wait a minute, what are you doing back here?! I kicked you out for holding me hostage in the basement, you jerk! Were you coming back for seconds?! I can't BELIEVE you!"

"What?!?" She dropped him as she was blathering on about some crazy shit about how he held her captive or something. "I HEARD YOU SCREAMING AND THOUGHT YOU WERE IN TROUBLE! SO I TRIED TO HELP YOU OUT CAUSE YOU SEEMED LIKE YOU WERE BEING KILLED OR SOMETHING!"

Josuke helped himself up and stared at Sasori, or rather where he suspected where she was, with a pissed off scowl. "AND I JUST CAME BACK TO GET SOMETHING I LEFT HERE BEFORE YOU SLAMMED A CHAIR OVER MY HEAD FOR NO REASON! I WOULDA KNOCKED OR SOMETHING, BUT YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN TOO BUSY MAKING STUPID GOO GOO EYES FOR THAT ASSHOLE TO NOTICE!"

Josuke then made his way out to the hallway to see what that douche was doing. "WHAT THE HELL WAS HE DOING HERE AN-" He was... Gone? "WHERE DID HE GO?" He still had his YELLAN voice going. "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!?"

"I DON'T KNOW WHERE HE WENT. GOD, HE RAN LIKE A FREAKING COWARD!" She had been screaming her brains off and Katsuo just up and rain away when a monster could have eaten her alive! At Josuke had co-

...Josuke had come to the rescue. He stomped in there to his doom without even a second thought.

Sasori's shouting suddenly stopped as she went silent. The realization hitting her like a ton of bricks! Did she... did she get the whole thing wrong and it wasn't Josuke that tied her up at all? She clobbered the wrong guy over the head with a chair? There was a faint squeak of her bed as Sasori dropped to sit on the edge of it. The whole thing had been a total misunderstanding! She screwed up big time!

...but there was no way she could say she was sorry! Nu uh! So Sasori sat there in silence trying to figure out what she should do!

The sudden silence that struck the room seemed to carry along a strange, unsettling feeling with it. "Oi..." He suddenly felt like he missed out on some point and felt a little stupid at the moment.

"What the hell was with that damn monkey? Damnit, don't you clean this place at all?" Josuke found himself leaning against the wall that was across the doorway, the moonlight that was poking through the hotel's main doors making it easier for him to see Sasori as she sat on the bed.

"I know you stuck up smart ass types don't like to get your hands dirty, but shit, not checking to see if you have a squatting monkey in your house? That is just sloppy ass workmanship there, Sasori."

He sighed a bit to himself as he pushed himself off the wall. "Oi... I'll get to fixing the door tomorrow... And the gate too..." He smirked a bit as he turned to walk out. "Oi, try not to smash my head open next time you see me, okay? I think one more household appliance to the head and I'll get some sort of brain sprain or some shit...And I doubt that pompous chickenshit will know that much about carpentering..." He had lift up the broken door screen and placed over the door frame as he was leaving, giving the hotel the needed touch for that 'Dilapidated' theme it had going.

"You idiot..." was all she said. Soft and barely audible.

After a deep breath she had hopped off the bed to stomp in the hallway to shout after him. "Get your ass back in here! I already had someone break in once this week, and now you've busted down my gate so they can walk in here whenever they want! You have to sleep in here and be a bodyguard until you FIX it!"

Sasori wasn't going to say she was scared. Especially now that she knew that she didn't know who broke in. And he DID go and destroy her door, so it was his duty as a man to protect her!

"I'll let you have a pillow if you stop complaining about that monkey."

"FEH!" Josuke gave a dismissive hand wave at her offer. "Oi, you seem to be able to handle yourself well with those chair and broom wielding skills of yours! I am sure you will be fine!" He slightly touched the scratch marks on his face, slightly flinching as the stinging sensation settled in. He seemed more worried about the monkey scratches rather than the slight bleeding that had began from the back of his head.

"And why the hell would I settling for your dirty monkey infested dirt shack when I got me a nice, warm, monkey free house to sleep at?" Josuke reached the wooden gates he broke earlier and tried to lift it back up. "HOSHIT-" It seems it was heavier than gave it credit for, realizing this too late when his knees buckled after slightly lifting it up off the ground.

Not wanting to look uncool, Josuke nonchalantly places the gate door down. "I'll deal with this shit tomorrow..." He gave Sasori a mocking smirk as he walked over the gate. "GOOD LUCK!" He said in a taunting tone before laughing to himself.

He walked abit further down the street, just enough so that he was out of Sasori's view, and sat down. "Jeez... That stupid girl can't even handle one damn snow monkey... All wordy talk and no balls... Can't do shit in the real world with just big words..." He leans against the gate walls and stared up at the star filled night sky. The lack of modern buildings around the area always made it a near perfect place for star gazing. "..." Josuke sighed to himself as his eyes reflected the gleaming pinpoints with in the darken sky, unable to stop himself from smiling as he stared.

"Totally lucky that she got someone with balls to look out for her..."

He couldn't just LEAVE like that! Her gate was on the ground and her door was busted, Katsuo was no where to be seen, and.. and...

Sasori almost started crying! From anger! Yes! Pure anger and not because she was turning around to stomp back inside the house by herself. He was right. She didn't need any stupid asshole guy here to protect her. She was a grown woman. Could kick someone's ass in a heartbeat. No one was going to come sneaking in here again and live through the night!

She was just going to pretend like it hadn't happened twice this week, not counting Josuke totally demolishing the gate!

Inside the hotel, she got herself a flashlight, the telephone, and a kendo stick. Then she crawled herself in to her bed and hid under the covers with the flashlight still on. Forcing herself to sleep didn't come easy, but she did eventually drift to dreamland, clinging to her kendo stick with the grip of death!