Neurotica Cafe

Descargar-American-McGees-Alice.jpg
aliki-300x232.jpg
[dash="pink"]Inara was taken by pure surprise when Dominique reached over and clasped his hand on her wrist. There was a strange warmth to his grasp and to the man in general it seemed. A deep tint of red began to spread across her cheeks as he spoke to her, no to her and Charna, in a manner that made her burn inside almost. What was this feeling? She'd never had it before!

"p...pecan pie? Alright I can get some for you, Dominique." she moved to pull away but he held fast a moment before his grasp gently released. Her heart pounded in her chest, but it wasn't necessarily a good pounding. Though quite smitten and entranced with Dominique, a small voice in her own head felt as if there was something off. A thought also occurred to her that earlier someone else had ordered a slice of pecan pie, but she let that memory quickly fade.

During this exchange, a young man had walked in and attempted to get Charna and Inara's attention. Though most of her attention was on Inara and Dominique, Charna was slightly paying attention to what the male was doing. His actions caused a slight frown to form on her lips as she turned to just watch and see what he was doing. Anubis simply began to laugh when the male turned and blamed Charna and Inara for the mess he'd made, " What a strange, strange man. You best learn to hold your tongue more, and learn some manners" the cat spoke as he purred and began to clean his fur. The glare the man gave set off innocent looking Charna as she stormed over looking on the warpath. Inara had turned to get the pecan pie for Dominique and her eyes widened as she moved to step in and save the man from certain injury. However, Charna surprised her. Stopping in front of the man and meeting his gaze, she raised her hand and smacked him upside the head.

"My cat is right" she took Anabolli by the ear as if he were a small child being scolded by his mother, and dragged him around to the other side of the counter to be seated next to Dominique. "Now then, the proper way to do this is to kindly ask one of us pretty ladies for a cup of coffee. May we try this?" She gave a 'charming' smile with a bat of her eyelashes as she waited. Inara stood frozen in her spot with the pie still in hand, quite in shock really. What the hell just happened? Amun even stared up at his owner in complete shock of her self control, and then Charna seemed to have fallen asleep again without a care. Inara sighed and brought Dominique over his pie then pulled a chair over and put her sleeping sister in it. "My dear sister has a point, what would you like, sir?" she asked Anabolli as she began to clean up his mess.

....what a strange place this was....
[/dash]

A smile came to his lips upon seeing the girls continue to behave ever so strangely. Plus this would be his second slice of pecan pie for today! What a happy occassion. It seemed that Dominique enjoyed this place quite a bit now since the incident in the park. Just when might he ever leave? Maybe he would never leave so long as the girls fawned over him. Certainly he had not finished getting his revenge through romance and his romance through revenge. Eating his pie ever so innocently with the manners of a gentleman, his free hand wandered during the meal to ever so sweetly stroke the cheek of Charna.

"Such lively sisters. . ."

Now his fingers ran through Charna's hair with the delicacy of a feather.

The cat spoke to him, quite rude. He said under his breath, "Best to watch who you talk to before announcing you can talk, gatto stupido..." Then quite a sharp pain came from the upside of his head. "Che fanno male!!!" Now, being dragged and instructed on what to do, the Italian was sitting in a chair next to the other man. Being instructed to ask politely? Anabolli wasn't used to that. And the other man caressing the girl. Couldn't they do that somewhere else? He sighed, returned the exact same expression as the female had given to him, quite mockingly, and said "Would you be so kind as to get me some coffee?" His expression quickly changed to a smirk afterwards.

Instead of keeping eye contact with the girl in front of him, he turned to the other one that seemed to be nicer. "On the other hand, why don't you? Miss...?" Sadly, he didn't even know the name of the sisters. Just that this cafe was quite fun, if not painful. But he would put up with it if the coffee was anything but the coffee he was used to in Italy. "And you, il gatto senza buone maniere, why don't you introduce yourself before... meowing orders about holding tongues?"

aliki-300x232.jpg
[dash="pink"]Inara heard the mans request and nodded. She glanced toward her sister to see Dominique playing with her hair. It was odd, but she felt a slight tinge of jealousy. However, she couldn't dwell long on that. Inara quickly brewed up a fresh pot of coffee, and brought a cup over for Anabolli. Steam wafted upwards along with the bittersweet scent of the coffee, "You can all me Inara" she said politely with a warm smile. She glanced at Anubis who was ignoring Anabolli all together. Inara shook her head faintly at her cat, "Anubis, behave!" she said and seemed to pull out the butcher knife from her coat pocket. Anubis lifted his gaze to her as they seemed locked in some mental battle, but it was soon over. "So, what is your name?" Inara asked Anabolli. Might as well start some small talk. Charna wasn't about to wake up anytime soon unless Dominique tried something really funny with her. Though in that case she felt bad for Dominique, not Charna.

Amun hopped back and was jumping in front of Dominique, "what." hop. "are." hop "you." hop "doing?" he finally stopped panting faintly as he looked up at Dominique with what appeared to be a scowl on his rabbit face.
[/dash]

Anabolli leaned back in the chair, the front legs coming up. He sipped on the coffee and nodded. Black. Not sweet. Not filled halfway with steamed milk. And very strong. "My name is Anabolli Venici. I come here to Somewhereville to see about getting out of Italy. Though, I stumble upon this weird cafe with strange mechanical men and talking animals, I wonder where the sense in the world has gone." He shook his head and took another sip from the cup. "Though, the coffee is quite a treat, nothing like my home town. Which is what I want to get away from!" He seemed tensed up a little then relaxed, almost broke the cup. "You said your name was Inara?" Her name rolled off of his tongue with his slight accent. He was trying to get over that, trying to blend in to the local society more.

"Well, miss Inara, if you could, could you put a muzzle on that gatto? It doesn't open its mouth much, but when it does all that comes out are rude things about Italians." He sipped on the coffee again. There was something different about it that didn't taste like coffee at all. What was it? Coppery? He looked into his cup, then felt his lip. It was bleeding from that slap he had so rudely received.

Facocne had been silent the entire time, seeming to focus completely on his coffee and cake. This however was not what he was doing, as behind his very eyes it seemed, (if one were to look close enough that is) that numbers were flashing wildly as complex mathematical problems were solved, tweaking the very systems of his mechanical body right from his own mind. Then as the Italian was ranting about getting away from somewhere something snapped. In the blink of an eye Facocne tensed up and fell out of his chair, he landed on the floor sideways with eyes open staring at nothing, and unmoving.

Luka wondered into the Cafe siting down in one of the chairs she spotted some one working and waved atthem.

"Um, excuse me may i have a pickle and Sugar coffee" she asked her she thought it was just another cafe that any one went to she didnt mind what it looked like she didnt care what people looked like either as long as she got what she ordered.

She sat their wearing a pair of scared up jeans and a tank top that had a popular band ingaved in its back but her long black hair covered it from veiw.

Well, this is an interesting group that we have gathered at Neurotica Cafe. The twin sisters who really look nothing alike, and their personalities seem completely opposite their complexion. Their curious pets who seem to have the ability to speak and function as a normal human might. A 'young' man who once was old, and may have found the answer to the 'fountain of youth' (or perhaps fires of youth). A young mechanical (literally) boy who seems to have a short circuit or two. A disgruntled Italian who does things his own way, but can still be put in his right place by a guiding hand. Ah yes, never a dull moment in the land of Somewhereville. And what's this? A newcomer, oblivious to the curiosities of Neortica Cafe. How interesting.

However, with all this hullabaloo, there's bound to be consequences. Things must make SOME sense now and then, surely? One could only hope. As the saying goes, what goes around...comes around. I wonder if karma will shine kindly upon the patrons of this little cafe...

[rainbow]What Goes Around Comes Around[/rainbow]
aliki-300x232.jpg
[dash="pink"]Inara gave a polite and apologetic smile to Anabolli, "eh, Charna is just brash like that sometimes. You'll have to forgive her rudeness. I--" she stopped as suddenly the young mechanical man seemed to short circuit. He fell to the ground with a soft thump. At the sudden noise, Charna awoke and quite almost knocked poor Dominique off his chair from the jerking motion. Blinking, Charna looked around.

"What happened? Who did that?! ANSWER ME!" she said angrily. Inara went to calm her sister down. Meanwhile, Anubis sauntered over toward the mechanical boy and purred softly as he examined him, "Little boy, little boy. You have fallen down, it seems...such tragedy." the cat, if him speaking wasn't curious enough, suddenly sat on his haunches and took hold of the boy's head in both his front paw, lifting the kid's face to examine him. It was quite the odd appearance to anyone not expecting such things. Amun, who had given up trying to get Dominique's attention watched as a new girl came in. Inara was busy trying to calm Charna down again, Anubis was looking over the fallen boy, and the moody Italian man seemed to be moodily drinking his coffee.

Sighing, Amun hopped behind the counter to get the girl her order. It took a few jumps for him to reach the pickle jar, but he got it, unscrewed the lid, and got the girl a pickle as he slid it across the counter with his little paws. Climbing up onto the counter ledge, he began to pull the coffee closer so he could get the girl her drink. Amun was actually quite handy in the way he did things. First pouring the cup of coffee he looked up and sized his jump onto the next counter before the girl. Jumping high into the air, the coffee comically flew up out of the cup. Amun landed on the counter and held the cup out to the side as the coffee neatly came falling down in a single lump into the cup, good as new. It sloshed a bit, over spilling, but the coffee was there. Adding the sugar, he stirred it in with a little spoon and nudge the coffee next to the girl who was eating the pickle. Or attempting to eat the pickle as she watched him.

"Here you go, Mary Jane" he said with a sheepish grin. Moments later, Anubis seemed to appear behind Amun with a chesire grin once more, "You're going to frighten the poor girl" he impishly spoke, scaring poor Amun. Amun let out a little shriek before falling backwards stiff on the lower counter. Anubis turned and looked down at his old friend with the same grin, his tail swaying coyly back and forth. A disgruntled appearance came to the rabbits face as he began to berate Anubis (whom just sat there staring and taking it). Well, this certainly was an interesting cafe...
[/dash]

She blinked munching on her pickle watching the cat and rabbit with amuzement wondering how such animals could talk was one thing but geting her pickle and coffe was another all to geher she smiles.

"That was extrodinary, may i ask how you did it theirs not a drop on the counter." she didnt even look down as she picked up her coffe coffee cup and tasting the amazingly sweetness of the coffee it was like heaven in a cup.

She tossed her hair behind her back the coffee mad her sleepy but she diddnt show it as she watched the animals and looked around breifly to see where she was and what she had gotten herself into.

Charna's sudden awakening did indeed knock Dominique straight off of his stool only to have something miraculous come next. From his perspective time seemed to slow down while all four limbs briefly flailed mid-air before somehow righted himself. Specifically, somersaulting mid-air led to him landing in a kneeling crouch on the ground. Visibly he shook with a minor showing of rage. Apparently he had grown a touch more hot-tempered since gaining his newfound youth.

Standing up, Delacroix brushed himself off angrily.

In no time at all a heated glare was sent in the direction of Charna, possibly giving her the feeling of being near a roaring fireplace. Even more than that it seemed focused on her backside. Perhaps that was where his eyes were focused at the moment. All around him the heat haze of a mirage distorted the air now.

Anabolli saw that there was a bit of chaos happening. People falling over, a new girl coming in and being served by the strange rabbit, and that one man doing some strange action to pull himself back up before touching the ground. Now he looked kind of angry. So, Anabolli flicked a cube of sugar at the man. "Calm down. Chaos happens here daily, from what I've seen." He sighed and went back to his coffee. It was really enjoyable.

Though, the new girl was kind of interesting. More polite than any of the other people in this estupido cafe. "Miss, I didn't catch your name." He leaned back on his chair, using his foot to hold himself up by hooking the table. "The rabbit seems to think every girl has the same name, so I want to learn yours." His little stray hair quivered a little bit. "You like the coffee here? It's nothing like Italia. Which is what I want right now." He seemed annoyed by his own words, but calmed down pretty fast.

aliki-300x232.jpg
[dash="pink"]As the heat began to rise nearby, Charna turned and looked Dominique over. Though her heart fluttered and her cheeks flushed, her legs wanting to give out at the pure sight of him, she still had some control. In her usual fowl temper she raised an eyebrow at him, "Uh...you're on fire" she commented blandly pointing to his shoulder, "Does this happen often?" she hopped from the stool and made her way to the counter to grab some water. Couldn't have the place burning down now could we? Inara went back over to the mechanical boy who had fallen over a bit ago. She began to carefully examine him, "I wonder what's wrong..." she poked and prodded around trying to find a reason for this sudden malfunction.

The rude Italian and the new girl seemed to be hitting it off well enough, so they were left to their own dealings. Anubis went back to sleep and Amun had run away into the back once again. All seemed to be slowly quieting down in the cafe...if only for a brief moment. The radio crackled and fizzed as it came back to life with Caterpillar on the air chatting about this and that and playing his usual cooky tunes. "...well ladies and gents, the heat seems to be going away, but now we're in store for some cooler weather. Be prepared....seems like mother nature is out to get us today! Record highs and records lows in the course of one day! Who would have thought!"

Anubis got up and jumped to the radio, turning it promptly off. As he did there was a soft sigh of wind outside and suddenly it was snowing. Things were getting very curious around here it seemed. More so than usual. And strange things very rarely happened in this cozy little town, save for inside the walls of neurotica. This could be a bad thing. Was Neurotica expanding? Inara shook her head.

"I can't figure it out. Little boy, are you okay...what is wrong" she frowned deeply. Charna was still staring down Dominique, after having come over to put out the fire. It was warm near him but cooler once she moved away. Something about him was off, even her senses could tell this. However, she still couldn't help but be completely infatuated with the man! Woe is the girl with a smitten heart! Charna took her seat once more and forgot all as she just gazed upon Dominique (disgruntled he may be or not). Leaving poor Inara to tend to the cafe herself. Typical.
[/dash]