Netflix's Daredevil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot to point out - I declare spoiler tags until April 1. That's plenty of time to allow people to see it.

Just finished the season opener, Bang.

Pretty much from the pre-credits scene you can already feel the difference in pacing and tone. Yes, I mean that as if to say it's an improvement. That's not to say that is doesn't follow thematically or artistically from where Season 1 finished. It's still hardboiled and gritty, but it's fun. Season 1 got so entrenched on the gloom and darkness that it, at times, suffered from Battlestar Galactica syndrome in that the journey felt dour. This time around, even when violent, there's a flair to the pacing that keeps you watching and rooting for the character. The banter between Matt, Foggy, and Karen is great while even Turk (the arms dealer) is great to watch. Meanwhile, Punisher is the thrill ride that was promised in the trailers. Again, as dark and intense as his character is, he is fun to watch which is a contrast to Fisk. Fisk was an excellent character, but I felt sad for Fisk most of the time. With Punisher, i'm punching the air in the same way I was for Heath Ledger's Joker in The Dark Knight.

Cannot wait for the remaining 12 episodes.

I'm wondering how he plans to take that Prison power and turn it to New York power though.
They demonstrated he still had reach within the underground as well as bribing and controlling people in the judical system. ANd punisher helped knock people off for his return.

Also something else I noticed on Fisk. He spoke a lot more loudly and clearly this Season.
The last season is far more quiet and soft, likely another way to show he's becoming Kingpin.

They demonstrated he still had reach within the underground as well as bribing and controlling people in the judical system. ANd punisher helped knock people off for his return.
Wouldn't most of that reach and bribes be lost though given that he used up all of his own cash?

Last edited:
I am almost done with Season two (one episode left) and I've gotta say, I love this show SO MUCH. That is all.

Also something else I noticed on Fisk. He spoke a lot more loudly and clearly this Season.
The last season is far more quiet and soft, likely another way to show he's becoming Kingpin.

Wouldn't most of that reach and bribes be lost though given that he used up all of his own cash?

The money flow is back though. Now that he controls all of the prison's criminal enterprises (due to Dutton's death), who knows the amount of money he has coming in? Drugs are not cheap, period, and he's managing drug trade from prison, not just what goes in/out of it. Remember, Dutton orchestrated the three gangs meeting in Central Park-- from inside the prison.

The money flow is back though. Now that he controls all of the prison's criminal enterprises (due to Dutton's death), who knows the amount of money he has coming in? Drugs are not cheap, period, and he's managing drug trade from prison, not just what goes in/out of it. Remember, Dutton orchestrated the three gangs meeting in Central Park-- from inside the prison.
I was under the impression that Duttons work there was before going to prison.

I was under the impression that Duttons work there was before going to prison.
Nah, the timeline is too tight. Dutton's already in charge of the prison by the time Fisk is there, which was 6~ish months before Season 2 begins (the timeline is only ever addressed by Fisk, I believe, when he tells Matt about how he sent him to prison some months ago). Castle's family is killed sometime within that time span. Also, the timeline of the show is really weird too-- episode 1 is a heatwave, so summer time, but the last episode is Christmas, so... Do with that what you will.

Nah, the timeline is too tight. Dutton's already in charge of the prison by the time Fisk is there, which was 6~ish months before Season 2 begins (the timeline is only ever addressed by Fisk, I believe, when he tells Matt about how he sent him to prison some months ago). Castle's family is killed sometime within that time span. Also, the timeline of the show is really weird too-- episode 1 is a heatwave, so summer time, but the last episode is Christmas, so... Do with that what you will.
Wait, how do we know Punisher was attacked in between seasons though?

Wait, how do we know Punisher was attacked in between seasons though?
Because no sight/sound of Punisher in season 1 of DD or JJ. Then we get a bunch of stuff all at once in early DD season 2. Now, we're not told explicitly that it happens between seasons, but I simply use Occam's Razor to fill in this story gap; it's a safe thing to assume.

We also see all of the Punisher's attacks happening all within a very tight timetable, and the only other attack we hear of is the Dog's of War along the highway in Delaware, which we can also assume happens between seasons, even just prior to episode 1. Why suddenly attack out of nowhere, and so harshly? So rapid-fire? My answer: he just woke up, and he just put together the puzzle pieces.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Because no sight/sound of Punisher in season 1 of DD or JJ. Then we get a bunch of stuff all at once in early DD season 2. Now, we're not told explicitly that it happens between seasons, but I simply use Occam's Razor to fill in this story gap; it's a safe thing to assume.

We also see all of the Punisher's attacks happening all within a very tight timetable, and the only other attack we hear of is the Dog's of War along the highway in Delaware, which we can also assume happens between seasons, even just prior to episode 1. Why suddenly attack out of nowhere, and so harshly? So rapid-fire? My answer: he just woke up, and he just put together the puzzle pieces.
It's possible he spent some time planning it all out and preparing, which would help explain how he was able to keep it up for consistently.
But yea, it happening just before Season 2 does seem more plausible.

Just saw New York's Finest. This is now my favourite ever episode of Daredevil.

Also, fun thing.

Dogs of Hells ties DD with Agents of Shield, where the gang was first invented/mentioned/Seen !

Also, fun thing.

Dogs of Hells ties DD with Agents of Shield, where the gang was first invented/mentioned/Seen !
They were sort of already tied though, with DD Season 1 making several avenger references, and Agents of Shield being directly off of Avengers.

They were sort of already tied though, with DD Season 1 making several avenger references, and Agents of Shield being directly off of Avengers.
Well yeah, they all take place in i nthe same universe. But Dogs of Hell is a specific AoS creation, and the first direct link outside the Big Screen references.

Well yeah, they all take place in in the same universe. But Dogs of Hell is a specific AoS creation, and the first direct link outside the Big Screen references.
True.

Though considering I haven't seen AoS yet, are there any other references to it in DD?

Not really. BUT! The Saint Agnes Orphanage is a reference dropped in AoS. It is the Orphanage that Matt grew up in. He and Skye (One of the protagonists of AoS) both lived there during parts of their childhoods.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Status
Not open for further replies.