Netflix's Daredevil

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's also worth noting that Kilgrave is meant to be a One off Season Villain, as many have stated before, his arc isn't meant to be extended beyond the length. I mean sure, you can bring him back, but then like much comics, what do you do with him? give him a family of villains called "The Purple Children" or introduce his daughter? You'd really skirt the line of bad to rehashed Season 1 for whatever Season Jessica Jones continues up to. Whilst Fisk is meant to be a multi-Season Villain, so while Daredevil grows further in Season 2, off screen antics will grow Fisk into more of the villain he is seen in other source materials.

another worthy note to keep in mind is that all of his tantrums? were due to his subordinate's and partner's incompetence in stopping Daredevil, despite how close they got. From what I learned watching Season 1 is that Fisk wasn't really challenged by anyone, so he could easily let his underlings do everything, thus keeping to his rather un-social tendencies throughout. Daredevil throws a spanner in his machine of Criminal underworld shenanigans, and he just doesn't know how to really handle a Vigilante like him.

Like I said, Season 1 of Daredevil was as much of an origin story for Matt Murdoch as it was for The Kingpin, or at least Fisk becoming the Kingpin.

As much as I love Kilgrave I'm still glad he died.
He was an amazing villain, and he went out with a bang.
The worst thing a show can do is to drag something on to the point that it simply fizzles out mediocre.

Breaking Bad, IT Crowd, Spaced? All examples of shows I'd point to where the creators clearly knew it was better to end it right than keep it going for extra views.

As far as Fisk is concerned though? I still stand by that I don't much like nor care for Fisk given all we have so far is Season 1.
But I will admit I do see the potential for growth to build up to a much better Season 2.

So I'll to wait and see how Fisk carries over.
Plus Season 2 isn't really plagued by my only other criticism of Season 1, too many villains.

+Funny enough I can say the same with Kylo Ren. Can't stand him in Episode 7, but there's potential in Episode 8 depending on how they go about it.

Reactions: Darog
Full trailer coming tomorrow. Until then:

Season 2 definitely has some promise there.
Epic Trailer. :3

Ok, so for now it's presenting as "The Punisher" season in the same way that The Dark Knight was "The Joker" film. Though there seems to be another trailer to come. It's going to be a slow month in the lead to the season!

New promo images:

tumblr_o2p04wud9l1uqfsrjo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o2p04wud9l1uqfsrjo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_o2p04wud9l1uqfsrjo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_o2p04wud9l1uqfsrjo2_1280.jpg

Cbb0VV8WAAAN6ko.jpg:large

I think the following will divide the fanbase somewhat.

Elektra costume in full:

12764578-1716859628550273-6556048094916967473-o-171417.jpg

I personally like it because of its simplicity, but I also anticipate this is why some fans will despise it because it is a radical departure from the graphic novels. I've never read the comics so my personal opinion probably won't align with those of some long term fans. But much like the Hathaway Catwoman costume from Dark Knight Rises, i'm glad the costume doesn't precede the character. It's both sharp and simple, i'm happy with the look of the outfit.

Elektra costume in full:

I personally like it because of its simplicity, but I also anticipate this is why some fans will despise it because it is a radical departure from the graphic novels. I've never read the comics so my personal opinion probably won't align with those of some long term fans. But much like the Hathaway Catwoman costume from Dark Knight Rises, i'm glad the costume doesn't precede the character. It's both sharp and simple, i'm happy with the look of the outfit.

I like it, it fits well with the tone of the show, and the comic costume would look really out of place and kind of ridiculous in a live action setting when compared to the other characters (remember the Jennifer Gardner movie?).

Only thing I'd change is have a bit more splashes of red, maybe her bandana, and jeans seem really strange attire for an assassin character like Elektra.

I like it, it fits well with the tone of the show, and the comic costume would look really out of place and kind of ridiculous in a live action setting when compared to the other characters (remember the Jennifer Gardner movie?).

Only thing I'd change is have a bit more splashes of red, maybe her bandana, and jeans seem really strange attire for an assassin character like Elektra.

Interesting.

I posted this on another forum of which I happen to be a member and one of the first things pointed out, much like your post, were the jeans. I'm fine with them because the costume in the shot could be to Elektra what Daredevil's all black outfit between episodes 1 and 12 were in Season 1 - a transition between her everyday self and her fully fledged future vigilante/antagonist. But, if that's Elektra in her final form, i'm still happy.

Interesting.

I posted this on another forum of which I happen to be a member and one of the first things pointed out, much like your post, were the jeans. I'm fine with them because the costume in the shot could be to Elektra what Daredevil's all black outfit between episodes 1 and 12 were in Season 1 - a transition between her everyday self and her fully fledged future vigilante/antagonist. But, if that's Elektra in her final form, i'm still happy.

THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM

And that's a fair observation, could be a more refined look later on, but Matt's costume was kind of a part of his origin story, so I can't imagine they'd do the same thing with a supporting character.

But yeah, my main thing about the jeans is they aren't the most flexible matterial out there. It just seems like an almost casual piece of attire for her character. It's hard to put into words. I mean, I don't mind it at all, but it seems like there's better choices, if that makes sense.

Could be a stretch fabric? Plus she seems to be wearing sneakers or trainers of some description, not boots.

Elektra costume in full:

Only thing I'd change is have a bit more splashes of red
I agree with Dervish, more Red would be my main suggestion.
Otherwise I like it.

Also, why is she standing over a dead Punisher?
Is that just teasing us, or did we just get a spoiler?

I don't think that's Punisher. It looks more like Yakuza as I think they're a main villain for this season as hinted by the presence of Nobu while Stick also will be returning to Hell's Kitchen with some unfinished business with the Japanese criminal underworld.

I'ma be honest, I'm heaps more excited to see The Punisher out of everyone else in Daredevil.

Reactions: Dervish
I'ma be honest, I'm heaps more excited to see The Punisher out of everyone else in Daredevil.
That seems to be the consensus on the Internet. He seems to be getting the attention that Heath Ledger's Joker was receiving back when The Dark Knight was released. To be honest, i'm unsure why this is the case. Punisher looks like an excellent character and, to some extent, will form the staple of Season 2. But i'm looking forward to Matt's evolution.

Becouse Punisher has never been given a proper movie/series. Even when the actor protays him well, the stuff around him and writing have been garbage.

Becouse Punisher has never been given a proper movie/series. Even when the actor protays him well, the stuff around him and writing have been garbage.
^ Pretty much this. Though admittedly I enjoyed War Zone for it was.

Plus he's always been one of all time faves, honestly, and so I often side with them xD.

Part two of trailer. It looks amazing:

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Status
Not open for further replies.