2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. Multiple posts per week
  6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
  8. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Whenever my boss decides to let me go home. (Usually between 5-11 EST)
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
  3. Douche
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Modern, Futuristic, Paranormal, Fantasy, Medieval, Romance, Horror, pretty much everything.
My hubby and I reminiscing about our time dating (Centuries ago by the feel of it....) and we got on the topic of how different we were and how little interest I had in the things he liked. He pretty much admitted that if I hadn't gotten hooked on Stargate after the first time I watched it with him, he probably would have broken up with me. (We weren't together that long so it wouldn't have been a big deal, which is why he didn't get hurt after the statement. XD)

The conversation got me thinking about what rules I would have for someone if I was dating.

• They would have to have read at least one Stephen King book. It wouldn't really matter if they enjoyed it or not, as long as they at least read it from start to finish. Bonus points if they've read the Dark Tower Series.
  • Marvel over DC, although in the DC verse they'd have to like Superman over Batman.
  • Must be able to sing at least one song from Labyrinth. This is non-negotiable. Singing skill not required.
  • Must be able to sit through Gone with the Wind at least once.
  • Must be a fan of Stranger Things and willing to admit that Millie Bobby Brown is the most adorable kid actor on the planet.
  • Must own at least 50 books that have been read.
  • Must tolerate my mimicking of lines in movies.
  • Must accept the fact that Sunday nights are almost reserved for some TV show or another, and that speaking to me during that time could result in a death sentence (Or something being thrown at their head)
  • Must be tolerate being seen with me wearing my Black Butler and Oy tee shirts in public.
Yeah, I'm a bit demanding. It's a good thing I'm married. =D

What rules would you all have?

Drawing blanks on actual 'rules', but I'd find it hard to trust someone who's never fanboyed/girled over at least one fictional character in their life.

Well, I could go for the obvious and say that they have to be a fan of Vocaloids, but I honestly wouldn't care that much if they weren't. The biggest thing for me is that they would absolutely have to be a gamer, no expections. They would need to be a nintendo fan too, bonus points if Zelda is their favorite franchise. I don't really see it so much as a rule as I do a common interest that we must share in order for us to even be remotely compatible. I have other so called rules, but most of them I can deal without, this is the only one that I can't.

Last edited:
Thou must be okay and supportive of my gaming and anime habits or deal's off. They don't have to like genres I like, I understand tastes can vary. But I couldn't handle someone who hates either of these things. They may also join my League of Legend/Overwatch sessions that will undoubtedly happen. These games are my stress relievers. If I am restricted from these things then it's a doomed relationship.

Must Like:
-Dogs (all animals really)
-Video Games (several hours a day playing and playing with me)
-Being Lazy
-Ramen
-Sleeping
-Anime
-Writing
-Don't be rude
-Bob's Burgers
-Studio Ghibli

I'm kind of weird because I'm a nerd who hasn't been exposed to a lot of nerd culture. I've seen almost zero animes, haven't watched nearly as many movies or shows as other people, and while I like games, I think I'd rather design a game than play one, though of course I want to play too, I just haven't had the money to give anything other than Nintendo or mobile games a shot.

- That said, I think a big bonus would be someone who could introduce me to new bits of culture, and that we could watch together, where they would relive the show, and I would be seeing it for the first time.

- Someone who either has or is interested in adventure or puzzle games, preferably ones we could play together in co-op or cheer one another on as we take turns.

- Must be an adventurous eater. I love experimenting with cooking and with trying cuisine at restaurants, so it'd be nice to have someone who could either cook alongside me or try new things in new places. I've grown a love for Thai, Indian, and Japanese foods, so loving those is a must.

- Either a creative artist or writer. With a thousand ideas in my head on a regular basis, it'd be nice to have someone to bounce ideas off of. Would actually prefer someone who's a better artist than me, so there's the potential I could tell them my ideas and they can bring them to life on paper in ways I couldn't.

- loves to cuddle. *blush* I absolutely have to hug something in order to fall asleep, and would definitely prefer a sweet honey over my pillow. And it'd be really nice to watch something together on the sofa or in bed for a quiet evening at home.

- needs a kinky side. I won't go into detail what I mean, since there's a chance for blue stars to come on here, but let's just say I've always wanted more excitement in that department.

This seems like fun as I've never really written down my nerdy rules, so I'll give it a go too. cx

• Playing video games and chilling while eating pizza IS absolutely considered a date.
  • Trade Pokemon with me because it secretly makes me all mush inside. (Making up cute nicknames before trading the Pokemon is a +1.)
  • Needs to have read at least two Harry Potter books.
  • Let me sit on your lap whilst playing video games/watching movies/etc. You shall be my throne.
  • Be open to watching anime with me at least once a week.
  • Be okay with my random spurts of Japanese here and there. I'm a Japanese student and it. just. happens.
  • Costuming/Anime/geek cons fuel my life and you should be okay with me going/dressing up and/or coming with me.
  • OTP's are life, share at least two pairings or we can't get along.
  • Go to sushi restaurants/Japanese restaurants with me because sometimes I just have a crave.
  • Be able to handle me when I play Mario Kart/Party.
  • Don't be a wimp and watch horror movies with me because I love them tbh.
  • Don't touch my Harvest Moon files because I put SO many hours into them.
  • Be okay with my horrible puns.

Hmm...Basically just don't shit on the things I like and put up with my rambling on topics I like, be somebody I trust with my writing, be somebody I can write with or bounce ideas off of or ramble at, be willing to do nerdy things with me when I'm overwhelmed, and share enough of my interests that I feel I can share them without being one-sided.

Reactions: Eru
"Rules"???

Must like
Japan ono dude if you don't like sushi or ramen you're going to hell when you're with me XD
Metal music same thing here you dun like mah metal git out

And then
Gotta be creative dude
And be hella trustworthy & loyal so hard for me to find dudes like that these days ono
Can't be a slob either
And need a good academic standing...
No criminal record obvs

And many other things...

My only real rule, is that you have to consider sitting together doing different task being together. You do not know how many times I have dated someone who is watching a movie. I am watching the movie and reading, then they complain I am not really doing something. Or they get mad when I don't necessarily plan dates. To me a date is simply being there with that person.

They don't necessarily have to like the things I like. But when we share that mutual, passion nerd moments, those are always wonderful and nice. They don't make me feel like a complete and total social outcast.

My "nerdy" rules for dating, based on some things I picked up on over the past year that occurred:

- dine at a theme/maid café on the first date
- wear matching clothes (kimono, yukata, baseball jersey, costume, etc) on at least one date
- attend an anime/comic convention within the first two months
- must suffer from one of the same physical maladies that I did (asthma, allergies, etc) so we can properly commiserate over physical maladies
- must like Laffy Taffy or Sweetarts so that my excess supply doesn't go to waste

Status
Not open for further replies.