1. Intermediate
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Romance, Action, Fantasy, Modern, Magical, Anime, Dystopian, Modern Fantasy
This is for @Brea and I only, thank you very much.

The Nerd Next Door- He’s the nerd, the one who gets thrown into dumpsters and his stuff thrown around. It’s only ‘banter’, but sometimes it sort of hurts. There’s only one person who doesn't treat him like that, so naturally he has a massive crush on her. She’s the girl who lives next door, who he’s known since he was about 6, who came to his family barbecues. The problem? She’s the school’s star girl, the head cheerleader, prom queen so it’s not like they ever hang out at school, and they could never date. (If you want we can reverse the roles,s o you'd be the Nerd instead)

[fieldbox=Alexandria MacKenzie Hunter, #03A89E]
"Who would you be the world never gave you a label?"

• tumblr_o3x0etw9Ye1qd4bljo7_250.gif
    tumblr_o3x0etw9Ye1qd4bljo8_250.gif
    tumblr_o3x0etw9Ye1qd4bljo3_250.gif

[fieldbox=☼ Appearance ☼, #03A89E]
    ☽ Height: ☾
    "I may be short but I can still take you down."
    5'0"

☽ Weight: ☾
    "With small height, comes small weight."
    110lbs

☽ Build: ☾
    "Swimmer's body baby."
    Alexandria has what is known as a swimmer's body (since she is a swimmer). She has broad shoulders and a slim body. Sadly she doesn't have the height but she has a pretty mean kick and powerful legs which allows her to get some power in the water.

☽ Eye Color: ☾
    "Can't ya see?"
    Hazel

☽ Hair Color: ☾
    "Hmm I've dyed it blonde before, but it's usually red. That's right, I'm a ginger!"
    Red

☽ Tattoos: ☾
    "I have one on the inside of my wrist."
    e1cfab3a48c4fff929ddbd8c1b39cbf9.jpg

☽ Distinguishing features: ☾
    "I live in a house of three older brothers, they were pretty rough."
    -She has a scar on her knee from falling off of her bike
    -a small scar above her eyebrow
    -a birthmark the shape of a deformed star on the inside of her right knee

[/fieldbox]

• tumblr_o4p9ynqPLk1v1cdi6o1_250.gif
    tumblr_o4p9ynqPLk1v1cdi6o8_250.gif
    tumblr_o4p9ynqPLk1v1cdi6o2_250.gif
    tumblr_o4p9ynqPLk1v1cdi6o7_250.gif
    tumblr_o4p6u4Mb671v1cdi6o5_250.gif

[fieldbox=☼ Basics ☼, #03A89E]
    ☽ Name: ☾
    "Take a guess!"
    Alexandria MacKenzie Hunter

☽ Nickname: ☾
    "I have a few I guess. Only one is reserved for my bestie!"
    Alex || Hunter (mostly what her team calls her) ||

☽ Gender: ☾
    "Wow, rude much?"
    Female

☽ Age: ☾
    "My age is classified, thank you very much."

☽ Birthday: ☾
    "I'm a Christmas baby!!"
    December 25

☽ Sexuality: ☾
    "That's a rather personal question isn't it?"
    Heterosexual

☽ Grade: ☾
    "Two more years and then I'm gone!"
    Junior

[/fieldbox]

• tumblr_o0jb93tc4H1v1cdi6o5_250.gif
    tumblr_o0jb93tc4H1v1cdi6o7_250.gif
    tumblr_o0jb93tc4H1v1cdi6o6_250.gif

[fieldbox=☼ Mentality ☼, #03A89E]
    ☽ Personality: ☾
    "I like to think I'm nice."

Whimsical || Carefree || Caring || Ambivert || Adventurous || Daring || Charming || Childlike || Protective || Stubborn || Hardworking || Hopeless romantic

Alexandria takes mostly after her father than she really does her mother. She is a very whimsical and carefree girl, loving to pull pranks on others or just goof around when she can. She tries not to let too many things bog her down and if she bumps into negative people she tries to see them in a more positive outlook. This can lead people to think that she is a good for nothing airhead that can't do anything right but she's actually quite smart and hardworking. She's not Einstein smart, but smart enough to pass her classes and make sure she's one of the top students. Like her mother, she's very caring and willing to help those that need help, putting a band aid on their injury or maybe listening to them if they need to get something off their chest, you name it. While her father was more of an extrovert and her mother seemed to be more on the introverted side, this is where she sides with her mother. Alexandria tends to lean more towards the introverted side and going out to parties and hanging out with huge crowds tends to tire her out. She rather stay at home and read a good book, play some music, watch television or just hang out with some close friends. However she doesn't mind the occasional party or two, just the way she recuperates from a night out might be different from others.

Like her father she is very adventurous and this leads her to go on random hikes or just take a walk in the woods nearby her house. There will be times you won't be able to find her unless you know her favorite spots or the types of adventures she likes to go on. Also like her father she is daring; ready to take risks and not fearing the consequences (all the time), charming; sometimes she uses her charm to get what she wants and childlike. She's goofy to a fault and sometimes she gets a bit too worked up on certain things; things that seem meaningless to others but are important to her. Though she comes off as childlike and not afraid of anything, Alexandria is actually quite protective of herself, shielding her heart from those that may want to break it. She knows that it may not be possible but if by chance she wants to avoid heartbreak and be able to find the one that she's meant to be with, without kissing a bunch of toads, she wants the love that her parents have. And she is ready to put up wall after wall to keep her and her heart safe until she finds that love. This also makes her rather stubborn though, and it doesn't help that both of her parents were extremely stubborn as well. She's as stubborn as a mule and if she is against something or there is something she doesn't like, she's willing to put up a fight.

☽ Likes: ☾
    "I really enjoy reading!"

Playing the piano, guitar and violin || Reading || Adventure || Swimming || Stars || Greek Mythology || Fairytales || Rain || Writing || Shopping for books || Winter || Photography

☽ Dislikes: ☾
    "Well..."

Bullies || Drunks || Feeling lonely || Not being able to help || Spicy Food || Sushi || Fish || Being bored || Rude people || Drugs || Boring people

☽ Habits: ☾
    "I'm not too sure."
    -She chews on her lower lip when she's worried
    -She chews on her thumb nail when she's trying to think
    -When she gets angry she starts to cry
    -Rubs her hands together when she's nervous

☽ Hobbies: ☾
    "I have a few hobbies."

Swimming || Dancing || Reading || Playing the piano and guitar || Baking || Searching for books

☽ Talents: ☾
    "I'm good at juggling!"

Swimming || Reading || Playing instruments || Baking || Finding Books || Dancing || Singing

☽ Fears: ☾
    "I don't really like spiders...."

Disappointment || Losing her family || Letting others down || Tests (she has terrible anxiety) || Losing her best friend || Spiders

[/fieldbox]

• tumblr_o4p6u4Mb671v1cdi6o2_250.gif
    tumblr_o4p6u4Mb671v1cdi6o1_250.gif
    tumblr_o4p6u4Mb671v1cdi6o9_250.gif
    tumblr_o4p6u4Mb671v1cdi6o7_250.gif
    tumblr_o4p9ynqPLk1v1cdi6o6_250.gif

[fieldbox=☼ Stats ☼, #03A89E]
    ☽ Strength: ☾
    "It feels kind of awkward to talk about myself."

Swimming || Hard working || playing the guitar || violin || piano || baking || Constellations || Reading || Greek Mythology

☽ Weaknesses: ☾
    "Haha I guess myself."

Public speaking || Sarcasm (she doesn't always pick up on it) || Street Smarts || People's feelings (she's pretty dense) || Flowers (she's allergic)

[/fieldbox]

• tumblr_o5079cWelp1v1cdi6o8_250.gif
    tumblr_o5079cWelp1v1cdi6o5_250.gif
    tumblr_o5079cWelp1v1cdi6o3_250.gif

[fieldbox=☼ History ☼, #03A89E]
    ☽ History: ☾
    "I'm not bad at it...oh you mean my past!"

She's had a good life since she could remember. She is her father's little princess and the precious baby sister that her brothers fiercely protect. She was originally born in London where she lived there for a few years with her mother, father and brothers until her father's job took them overseas and to America. At first she wasn't too keen on going, the idea made her sad and she didn't want to leave her friends behind. However she didn't have a choice but it all ended well. She moved to America and she ended up making some lovely friends and even finding a best friend that she can't live without.

Now of course growing up in a household with three unruly brothers led to some problems of course. She grew up to be a little more tomboyish than most girls considering her brothers were always rough housing and she always wanted to play with them. There were a few times here and there were she got some ouchies or scars from their rough housing but she always enjoyed playing with them. To this day she is still a bit more tomboyish compared to all the girls at school but she has fun none the less and she's glad that her father had moved them to America.

Becoming popular wasn't something that Alex had really worked towards, it just kind of...happened. Growing up her parents put her in all different activities, wanting to try their best to keep her active. She took to swimming like a fish in water and figure skating was another side hobby that she had picked up. Those two sports carried her throughout her childhood, helping her make new friends and pushing her to be more social. When she got to high school, the fact that she was known as the youngest Hunter sibling helped. With her brother's popularity already established, she just kind of fell into the crowd, easily blending in with his own friends and soon creating her own.

Growing up she became best friends with the boy next door, even developing a small crush on him that lasted well into their eighth grade year of middle school. When they got to high school they just kind of started to part ways, at least in her mind, and it probably didn't help that second semester of freshman year she got herself a boyfriend. He was a Senior, and to her it was a big deal. Sometimes she sees his mother and sister around and she makes small talk, asking how he's doing. Rekindling the friendship is something that she would love to do, though she's not to sure if he would like to do the same.

In her relationship it lasted for about a year before she broke it off. Her ex started to become abusive. It was more of emotional and verbal abuse, constantly manipulating and getting pissed if she hung out with other friends more than she did him. There were a few times when it got a bit physical, a couple bruises here and there that she easily passed off from figure skating to which most believed. One night when they got into a big argument he slapped her and called her numerous names. Having had enough she broke it off with him and ran out of the house, calling her brother to come pick her up. From then on she's been afraid to jump back into a relationship for fear that something like that might happen again.

[/fieldbox]

• tumblr_o632tlTTFl1v1cdi6o3_250.gif
    tumblr_o632tlTTFl1v1cdi6o2_250.gif
    tumblr_o632tlTTFl1v1cdi6o8_250.gif

[fieldbox=☼ Family ☼, #03A89E]
    ☽ Family: ☾
    "I love my family!"

James Hunter - Father - 50; Programmer for the government, he hacks into other countries information and retrieves it, very top secret
    [spoili]
    tumblr_inline_nyl4dsjnHn1scq4k2_500.gif
    [/spoili]

Lauren Hunter - Mother - 48; She runs her own little bookstore where it also a small hangout for students to be able to do schoolwork or just grab some coffee
    [spoili]
    tumblr_inline_mptvsy4ubu1qz4rgp.gif
    [/spoili]

Matthew Hunter - Older Brother - 24; Currently in Grad school and working towards becoming a Dentist
    [spoili]
    tumblr_mnc3n1lhy61r032zxo2_500.gif
    [/spoili]

Owen Hunter - Older Brother - 20; Attending Harverd University and working to getting his degree in law
    [spoili]
    tumblr_mte1qlWZt31qmsw7fo2_r1_250.gif
    [/spoili]

Theodore Hunter - 18; senior at the same highschool
    [spoili]
    large.gif
    [/spoili]

[/fieldbox]

• tumblr_od3crzTva41qhgz1ko8_250.gif
    tumblr_od3crzTva41qhgz1ko4_250.gif
    tumblr_od3crzTva41qhgz1ko1_250.gif

[fieldbox=☼ Extras ☼, #03A89E]
    ☽ Extra: ☾
    "Nope, I'm outta here!"
    -She loves to read
    -She has a photographic memory
    -very rarely does she wear her glasses
    -She's had a terrible relationship in the past
    -She wears her contacts basically 18 hours a day
    -She hates the fact that she cries when she's upset
    -She can name every constellation and Greek myth there is
    -She has a small British accent. It's more evident when's she's angry or stressed
    [/fieldbox]

"You don't have a soul; you are a soul. You have a body."
[/fieldbox]​

Last edited:
Reactions: Brea
[fieldbox=Atticus Ashton Miller, #36648B]
"A King strives to be nothing but perfect, but I am not a King. Yet I still need to be perfect."

• tumblr_o7sqtmSHvR1qc4q26o3_250.gif
    tumblr_o7sqtmSHvR1qc4q26o1_250.gif
    tumblr_o7sqtmSHvR1qc4q26o5_250.gif

[fieldbox=◈ Appearance ◈, #4A708B]
    ♕ Height: ♕
    "Uh...I am a little on the tall side."
    6'4"

♕ Weight: ♕
    "That is a little personal, is it not?"
    140lbs

♕ Build: ♕
    "That is kind of a weird question."
    Just a glance at Atticus he looks as if he is a skinny child who doesn't know how to hold his own in a fight. But he does, oh baby, does he. Underneath he is actually has some muscles. He's pretty strong so don't let his nerdy look fool you.

♕ Eye Color: ♕
    "I think they are a mix between green and brown."
    Hazel

♕ Hair Color: ♕
    "Some people thing it is sandy blonde, but I believe it is brown."
    Brown

♕ Tattoos: ♕
    "Surprisingly I do, much to my father's dismay."
    He has Aut inveniam viam aut faciam unum written in small letting across his ribcage.

♕ Distinguishing features: ♕
    "I have a scar inside my palm."
    -He has a small scar on his upper lip from trying to eat a stapler
    -He has a long scar across his palm from when he was playing with a knife
    his parents sucked at watching him

[/fieldbox]

• tumblr_o23zprPsPu1rn010yo7_r2_250.gif
    tumblr_o23zprPsPu1rn010yo5_r1_250.gif
    tumblr_o23zprPsPu1rn010yo4_r4_250.gif
    tumblr_o23zprPsPu1rn010yo6_r3_250.gif
    tumblr_o23zprPsPu1rn010yo1_r2_250.gif

[fieldbox=◈ Basics ◈, #4A708B]
    ♕ Name: ♕
    "Oh, it is refreshing to meet someone who does not know my name."
    Atticus Ashton Miller

♕ Nickname: ♕
    "I do not know how you can get shorter than Atticus."
    Atty (by bullies) || N/A

♕ Gender: ♕
    "I...uh though I looked like a male."
    Male

♕ Age: ♕
    "I recently turned seventeen. Lower end of the senior class."

♕ Birthday: ♕
    "I believe my birthday is May 16."
    May 16

♕ Sexuality: ♕
    "I usually do not go around telling people this."
    Heterosexual

♕ Grade: ♕
    "Last year before I leave for college"
    Senior

[/fieldbox]

• tumblr_ofasq1btpz1uehfsxo6_250.gif
    tumblr_ofasq1btpz1uehfsxo8_250.gif
    tumblr_ofasq1btpz1uehfsxo5_250.gif

[fieldbox=◈ Mentality ◈, #4A708B]
    ♕ Personality: ♕
    "I am known as an introvert."

Introverted || Hardworking || Nerdy || Awkward || Business like || Naive || Straight laced || Professional || Charming || Organized || Intuitive || Loyal || Disciplined

There are two sides of Atticus. The side that the high school sees him as and the side that his father's business partners see. It is quite the contrast when you look at it, and if anyone from high school saw the other side of him they may even wonder if Atticus is the same person. Though when you look at how he was raised, it's really no surprise that he has two different sides. The only few things that cross into each other is the fact that he's a hard worker, straight laced, organize, loyal and disciplined. He works hard to get the grades he earns, he doesn't rely on his father's money like some people may at school. Not that many people know about his family's background. Atticus's pretty sure they just haven't pieced things together yet, which he doesn't mind at all. He was raised to be very straight laced so it can be hard for him to take jokes or pick up on sarcasm sometimes. Being organized is quite literally what keeps him from screwing up. He needs to be able to keep his father's work and his school work separate. It would be bad if he went into a meeting with his father and ended up handing his homework instead of proposals. He did that once and it didn't end well. He's extremely loyal whether it be to the few friends that he has or to his father and the company. Atticus knows where his loyalty lies and should someone lose his trust it is almost impossibly to gain it back. Now being the son of an important business man (who will one day take over the company) Atticus is extremely disciplined. He always answers with yes sir and no sir, never goes against what adults ask of him unless he feels the need to.

Despite his professional side, one people his age rarely see, he is considered an introvert. Talking to people for long periods of time, mainly huge groups, tire him out. He just wishes that he could curl up in a bed and go to sleep, but his work is never done. He goes to school to get a better education and then he comes home to learn more about business partners and all that works. Sometimes it's all too much and he gets easily overwhelmed which leads to him to locking himself in his room and refusing to come out. He needs more "me" time than he actually gets. According to society standards he is a Nerd, looks like one and acts like one. He knows a lot of business politics, and everything else that doesn't include talking to people his age. Atticus can come across as naive in the sense that he isn't sure what is up to date with his peers. Sometimes it surprised him that all they do is drink or smoke weed. It's almost like he grew up in a different generation and traveled through time to where he is now. Usually surrounded by other business men, he knows how to act around them. Very professional like, charming even, he knows how to win them over, get them on his side. This in turn can make him persuasive from the professional stand point of things. He knows how to woo people and win them over which pleases his father.

However, if you put him in high school he's the dork that doesn't know how to talk to girl and constantly puts his foot in his mouth. A complete 180 of how he acts around his father. One thing is for sure is that he is very intuitive. He trusts his gut feelings and his gut feeling has yet to steer him wrong. Sometimes his business like person can cross into his regular side of life and he finds himself treating the few friends he has like business partners much to his own chagrin. Despite all this Atticus cares for people deeply. He's willing to do anything for his friends and his loved ones as long as they're on his side.

♕ Likes: ♕
    "I quite enjoy rainy days."

Playing the guitar and violin || Reading || Rainy days || Running || Writing || Bookstores || Winter || Photography || Fall || Stars || Being by himself || music || Studying || Disney movies

♕ Dislikes: ♕
    "Well..."

Huge crowds || all the pressure his father puts on him || bullies || people that use him || kiss asses || sometimes his father || spicy food || His parents together || Spoilers

♕ Habits: ♕
    "I have a few"
    -Tugs at the hem of his jacket sleeves
    -Runs a hand through his hair
    -clenches and unclenches his fist when he tries to control his anger

♕ Hobbies: ♕
    "I can talk to business partners."

Cooking || Talking to business partners || Reading || Playing the violin and guitar || History || Searching for books || playing video games

♕ Talents: ♕
    "That is a tricky question"

Making business deals || Talking about history || Playing the violin || cooking || Reading || Math || reading people

♕ Fears: ♕
    "I do not feel comfrotable answering this."

Disappointment || Letting his father down || Letting others down || Taking over the family business || Screwing things up || drowning || Bees

[/fieldbox]

• tumblr_inline_orpyttsnQw1ucuavm_250.gif
    tumblr_inline_orpyugEY2w1ucuavm_250.gif
    tumblr_inline_orpyvsOpNt1ucuavm_250.gif

[fieldbox=◈ Stats ◈, #4A708B]
    ♕ Strength: ♕
    "I am really good at math."

Math || playing the violin || guitar || cooking || History || reading over business papers || video games || not being a teenager || charming business partners || Fighting (he can actually hold his own) || Classical dancing

♕ Weaknesses: ♕
    "W-well, talking to people my age is hard."

Bees (he's allergic) || Peanut butter (he's allergic) || talking to girls || relating to people his age || street smarts || sarcasm || Standing up to his dad

[/fieldbox]

• tumblr_inline_orpyvgvbOR1ucuavm_250.gif
    tumblr_inline_orpytnRveJ1ucuavm_250.gif
    tumblr_inline_orpyvqsZ7E1ucuavm_250.gif

[fieldbox=◈ History ◈, #4A708B]
    ♕ History: ♕
    "My family is...well it is interesting."

From the day he was born he was raised to take over his father's company. He'd go to school to get a more expansive look on the world and then he'd come home to learn how to take over a business. He never really had a regular childhood. Playing baseball with his father was replaced with learning how to speak to business partners, going to water parks was traded in or dance lessons. He didn't have the usual childhood and growing up that bugged him to no end. He wanted to have fun, be a regular kid. He wanted to go to the park with his father, play basketball, go out for the football team, he didn't want to worry about screwing something up. However, as he got older all of those dreams of living a regular life started to fade. Instead he was surrounded by business men and women that sucked up to him, fancy galas to build connections, finance lessons, and he found himself just going with it. There were days he'd find himself on a few of his breaks just gazing out the window, watching kids ride bikes down the streets and wishing he could be them. His family had money, he lives in a mansion like house and he hates every moment of it. Atticus hates waking up to plush carpets, perfectly white living rooms, a water fountain out front in his driveway, and he wishes he could be normal. His father puts way too much pressure on him and he wishes it would all just stop.

Growing up Atticus was close friends with the girl next door, and it was quite a nice change of pace for him. He never really had to worry about trying to impress anyone, or even her. His father even approved of the relationship, thinking it would be beneficial for him to have a friend of the opposite gender. She was the one person he felt that he could trust no matter what, and he was relieved to have her by his side when he needed a break from all the stupid stuff his father made him do. However as he got older and his father started to pile on more work, he stopped hanging out with her as much as he used to, not to mention she started going in a different direction. Because he's usually so selective with his friends he started shutting himself off, going home alone, denying invites to parties and everything. Not that he could really go. And before Atticus even realized it, the two just kind of drifted apart.

[/fieldbox]

• tumblr_inline_orpyv4mwBc1ucuavm_250.gif
    tumblr_inline_orpyv4mwBc1ucuavm_250.gif
    tumblr_inline_orpyv51VpR1ucuavm_250.gif

[fieldbox=◈ Family ◈, #4A708B]
    ♕ Family: ♕
    "I am closer to my mother than I am my father."

Adam Tate Miller - Father - 50 - President of his own company
    [spoili]
    BlackThoroughImperialeagle.gif
    [/spoili]

Isabelle Elizabeth Miller - Mother - 40 - housewife
    [spoili]
    giphy.gif
    [/spoili]

[/fieldbox]

• tumblr_inline_orpytcSh1u1ucuavm_250.gif
    tumblr_inline_orpytcCiiX1ucuavm_250.gif
    tumblr_inline_orpyvxoYog1ucuavm_250.gif

[fieldbox=◈ Extras ◈, #4A708B]
    ♕ Extra: ♕
    "I do not think I have much to add."
    - He excels at math
    - he has 20/20 vision
    - he's very selective over his friends
    - he has a german Shepard named Jay
    - his father expects him to take over the business
    - he doesn't use contractions, he was told it wasn't proper
    - He works in a small bookshop despite having a lot of money
    [/fieldbox]

"My God, we're just children! So when did just being our best not become enough?"
[/fieldbox]​

Last edited:

[bg=#a8a8a8]

"I'm just excited to see what the future holds."
[/bg]

• tumblr_mrxjc9mPR61qee9ito2_250.gif
    tumblr_mrxjc9mPR61qee9ito6_r1_250.gif
    tumblr_mrxjc9mPR61qee9ito7_r1_250.gif

[bg=#ffffff]

Name:
    "Natalia, not Natalie. I don't know why people struggle with this."

. Natalia Rose Jacobson .

Nicknames:
    "Most people like to shorten my name to Nat."

. Nat, Natty .

. 17 .

Birthday:
    "The cold never bothered me anyway."

. December 12th .

"Don't act like you haven't been staring at my tits."

. Female .

Sexuality:
    "I'm only a little lesbian when I drink enough."
    . Heterosexual .

Grade:
    "Best four years of my life... yeah, right."
    . Junior .
    [/bg]
  •  

• tumblr_mus82w4BcR1qee9ito1_r1_250.gif
    tumblr_mus82w4BcR1qee9ito9_r2_250.gif
    tumblr_mus82w4BcR1qee9ito5_r2_250.gif

[bg=#ffffff]
    Face Claim: Vanessa Hudgens

"Yes, I know I'm pretty. I don't need to hear it again."
    Eyes- Brown
    Hair- Black, Bust Length, Thick, Smells of Vanilla, Always Styled Differently
    Height- 5'1''
    Weight- 108 lbs
    Build- Athletic / Curvy
    Birthmark- N/A
    Tattoos- [spoili]
    362c6cca2bbf1caa8fbbcff0d55ac7f3.jpg
    [/spoili]
    Piercings- Twice in each ear lobe
    Scars- One two inch one on her thigh from a childhood fall, thinking of getting a tattoo to cover it up
    Complexion: Tan
    Bloodtype: O-
    [/bg]

• tumblr_mtq64pBdmZ1qee9ito9_r1_250.gif
    tumblr_mtq64pBdmZ1qee9ito4_r1_250.gif
    tumblr_mtq64pBdmZ1qee9ito2_250.gif
    tumblr_mtq64pBdmZ1qee9ito5_r3_250.gif

[bg=#ffffff]

Personality:
    "I'm very popular, I guess..."
    . Straightforward and honest, Natalia is very much a no-bullshit type of girl. She's thick skinned and her feelings don't get hurt easily, because she honestly just generally does not give a fuck. Although it's not impossible, it's very difficult to embarrass this happy and upbeat girl. She's extremely friendly, often willing to talk to just about anyone about just about anything. She doesn't really care about her image or what other people think of her, because she realized a long time ago that their opinions were out of her control. All she could do was what made her happy and the rest would just fall into place. She's an extreme optimist, and tries not to let the little things bother her. Natalia believes that everything happens for a reason and that things will work out exactly how they're supposed to. She had many great qualities about her, such as her endless confidence and great sense of humor. It's not often you'll see her without a smile. However, a lot of her strengths are also the source of her weaknesses. She always sees the good in people, so she can be very naive. She isn't tactful, often just coming out and saying whatever she wants to without giving it a though. She can be very compulsive, which tends to get her in a lot of trouble, and can never seem to stick to a plan. Truth be told, Natty is not the sharpest tool in the shed. Lots of things go right over her head, but she's learned to just play off these moments. She's happy enough being a straight C student. She doesn't really have any ambitions, she's going with the flow and trusting things will be okay. The young girl can be arrogant and high maintenance, thanks to the spoiled life she's lived .

"Oh, you know. Normal teenage girl things."

. Celebrities, Rom-Coms, Movies, Chocolate, Dancing, Music, Cats, Dogs, Hair Dye, Shoes, Online Shopping, Malls, Lipstick, Victoria's Secret, Pens, and Late Nights .

Dislikes:
    "No one likes Fireball. Stop lying to yourselves."

. Strong Alcohol (though she will drink it), Missing out, Video Games, Snobs, Riddles, Studying, Overalls, Birds, Rodents, Bad Hair Days, Bad Boys, Super Hot Days .

Habits:
    "I often get complaints about my heels clicking."

. Her heels click when she walks .
    . Twirls her hair when she's thinking .
    . Bounces on her tippy-toes when she's nervous .
    . Very Forgetful .

Talents:
    "Cheerleading counts, doesn't it?"

. Thanks to her mother signing her up for gymnastics and cheerleading at a young age, Natty is excellent at both. She's very loud and knows how to get people excited about something. Natalia is good at baking, and is also gifted at origami. She reads fast, though nothing she reads is ever retained unless she's interested in it. She's also great at improvising .

Fears:
    "I don't fear much, but everyone has something they're afraid of."

. Though she refuses to acknowledge this fear, Natalia is very afraid that she is going to be a failure in life. She's also afraid of monkeys and most rodents. And, even though she knows they probably don't exist, ghosts .

Strengths:
    "I'm just some dumb girl, there's not much to tell here."
    . Natalia has never been one to shy away from public speaking or being the center of attention. She's not easily embarrassed and is able to laugh at her own mistakes. Physically, she's a lot stronger than most girls with her body type. She's extremely flexible and has a great deal of stamina, as well as an exceptionally high pain tolerance .

Weaknesses:
    "Now here's something I have an answer for."
    . Admittedly, Natalia does not always have the best judgement. She doesn't worry about consequences, she just acts. She get distracted easily, never able to focus on one thing at a time. She's not book smart, so she doesn't get historical references or understand math. Easily influenced, Natty often flocks to people who like to have fun .

[/bg]

• tumblr_mox9qposUm1s3d88fo5_250.gif
    tumblr_mox9qposUm1s3d88fo7_250.gif
    tumblr_mox9qposUm1s3d88fo8_250.gif

[bg=#ffffff]

"I've had a good life."

When Natalia's mother was in high school she wasn't very popular, and her mother vowed her children would not suffer the same fate. So, when her children were young she put them each into programs. Natalia's older sister, Taylor, was put into ballet and piano lessons, and her brother, Jackson, was signed up for football and baseball. Natalia picked cheerleading, and her mother chose to place her into Gymnastics for good measure, because to her the two went hand in hand. Natalia made lots of friends through each extra curricular activity, and even quite enjoyed them both. Her mother credits the sport to playing a big role in Natalia's self esteem.

Growing up Natalia was never afraid to talk to people. She made friends everywhere she went. She seemed to excel at everything that wasn't academic, and her parents were very proud of this. In the 4th grade her parents were approached by her teacher, who was concerned that Natalia needed extra help. It was suggested that she be put in a special class or that she get a teacher, but her parents refused to recognize a problem in their perfect little girl. Even when her 8th grade teacher approached them years later they refused to believe that Natalia needed extra help.

Instead of helping her where she struggled, her parents chose to encourage her where she excelled. They went to every cheerleading even, encouraged her to join clubs or have people over to make friends. Her parents believed if they could hone her social skills she could network her way into a good job, she didn't really need school.

Growing up Natalia had developed a strong bond with the boy who lived next door. She had charmed his mother, and so she was often one of the few people he was allowed to go outside and play with. They were the best of friends, but sometime between junior high and high school they drifted apart. She hadn't made a conscious decision to stop being his friend, and she even still smiles at him when she sees him outside his house. To her, the two just... drifted apart. She still maintains a good relationship with his mother, however, often making small talk whenever they run into each other.

In her Sophomore year of high school Natty met a boy name Daniel, and they instantly hit it off. It didn't take long for the two to start dating, and they've been together ever since. He was very sweet to her in the beginning, but lately Natalia has been noticing a few changes. He's overly friendly with other girls in their friend group, and sometimes he says hurtful things to her to tear her down. But, she's been with him so long and is too invested in the relationship. So, she's been choosing to ignore her doubts of him.

[/bg]

• tumblr_molp5nfdUe1qee9ito6_250.gif
    tumblr_molp5nfdUe1qee9ito7_250.gif
    tumblr_molp5nfdUe1qee9ito4_250.gif
    tumblr_molp5nfdUe1qee9ito5_250.gif

[bg=#ffffff]

Mother- Destiny Jacobson - Works part time in a school as a translator [spoili]
    vanessa-hudgens-a-1024.jpg
    [/spoili]
    Father - Karson Jacobson - Finance Director for Google [spoili]
    rs_1024x768-160131094022-1024.vanessa-greg-hudgens.cm_.13116.jpg
    [/spoili]
    Older Sister - Taylor Jacobson - 20 - Lives with her boyfriend, Henry, and works at a bar [spoili](Left)
    452810148.jpg

[/spoili]
    Younger Brother - Jackson Jacobson - 15 - Freshman at same school [spoili]
    d15ef2931990bcd36543d09640fc9ad2.jpg
    [/spoili]

[/bg]

• tumblr_mnfq6rjIqn1qefr98o3_250.gif
    tumblr_mnfq6rjIqn1qefr98o4_250.gif
    tumblr_mnfq6rjIqn1qefr98o6_250.gif

[bg=#ffffff]

~ Her boyfriend is names Daniel, they've been together for almost 2 years. More info on him in biography. He is the quarterback and is loved by mostly everyone. His parents are also rich, though Natalia has never bothered to ask where their income comes from. [spoili]
    tumblr_mmfd210cwO1rmk319o3_250.gif
    [/spoili]
    ~ Drives a purple 2016 Volkswagen Beetle [spoili]
    maxresdefault.jpg
    [/spoili]
    ~ Likes to read, mostly Romance novels
    ~ Is obsessed with reality TV
    ~ Has more heels than any other type of shoe.
    ~ Her bedroom [spoili]
    ca8cd66365046a73b7730dbbefbaaec9.jpg
    [/spoili]
    ~ On the cheersquad
    ~
    [/bg]
  • [bg=#ffffff]

[/bg]

[bg=#a8a8a8]"Everyone is just so fake. We all want to be perfect."
[/bg]

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Stargazer

"Sometimes it seems like everyone knows who I am except me."

• tumblr_nvga2sRP1E1u5tn07o2_400.gif
    tumblr_nvga2sRP1E1u5tn07o5_400.gif

Name:
    "My mom says she had my name picked out whens he was twelve."

. Simon Eugene Holt .

Nicknames:
    "I mean, this had just got to be obvious."

. Si (Pronounced like Sigh) .
    . Perses (Only by Alexandria) .

"I'm an adult. Doesn't mean I can't still read comic books."

. 18 .

Birthday:
    "Wish I was born in the summer, honestly."

. March 22nd .

. Male .

Sexuality:
    "I experimented at my old school. Turns out girls are my thing.."
    . Heterosexual .

Grade:
    "Can't wait to get the fuck outta here.."
    . Senior .
  •  

• tumblr_inline_nkafd0DFoY1s5yvfe.gif
    tumblr_inline_nkahh4uHVr1s5yvfe.gif
    tumblr_inline_nkag1s5oL41s5yvfe.gif

Face Claim: Nick Robinson

"On a scale of 1-10, I generously rate myself a 5."
    Eyes- Light Brown
    Hair- Brown, Sweeps across his forehead, soft, thick, doesn't really have a smell
    Height- 6'2''
    Weight- 138 lbs
    Build- Skinny
    Birthmark- N/A
    Tattoos- N/A
    Piercings- N/A
    Scars- One on his hand between his thumb and his pointer finger from an accident when he was helping his dad move stuff.
    Complexion: Light
    Bloodtype: B+

• tumblr_nv4jurz2911u83jgeo6_250.gif
    tumblr_inline_nqogqgGFBM1s845np_250.gif
    tumblr_nv4jurz2911u83jgeo8_250.gif

Personality:
    "You're about to find out why girls don't like me."
    . Simon can be very hard to get to know. He's antisocial and awkward, and so he purposefully isolates himself from other people. He very much wants to make friends but he just doesn't know how to go about it. So, he avoids social interactions to avoid embarrassing himself. Which is rather unfortunate, because Si has a lot of love to give. He's passionate and thoughtful, and actually cares for the few people in his life rather deeply. He's the kind of guy you could call at 3am in the morning and he'll be there for you. He's a very selfless type of person. He's not exactly depressed, but he's not happy either. Simon is understandably lonely, thanks to his own destructive tendencies. He is a giant geek, and can talk super hereos or video games for hours on end. His people skills are clearly lacking, but where he struggles with street smarts he makes up for in book smarts. Simon has a great memory, which allows him to memorize things very easily. He's very good with secrets, which makes him trustworthy, and is a great listener. In many ways Simon is still trying to figure out who he is, but he sticks strong to his morals .

"I'm a geek, and I am not ashamed... usually."

. Marvel, Video Games, Science, Dogs, Swimming, Rain, Fairytales, Big Blankets, Happy Couples, Computers, Learning New Things, Binge Watching, Tea .

Dislikes:
    "Yeah, social occasions aren't really my thing, for obvious reasons."
    . Sports, Public Situations, Loud Music, Soda, Coffee, The Open Ocean, Blizzards, Strong Perfume, Spicy Food, Drunks, Mud, Getting his Picture Taken .

Habits:
    "My mom is always telling me to stop biting my nails."

. Rolls his eyes, often .
    . Taps his pencil/pen on the table .
    . Leans with his controller when playing video games .
    . Tunes people out when he's not interested in what they're saying .

Talents:
    "I'm very good at video games."

. Simon picks up things very quickly, especially when it comes to technology. He has a very easy time memorizing things, like patterns and useless facts. He considers eating one of his talents, because his stomach is basically a bottomless pit. He's also a decent swimmer, as he spent a lot of his time in the water growing up. He can hold his breath for over a minute, and knows how to sew thanks to his grandmother .

Fears:
    "Honestly, not much scares me. Surprising, huh?"

. Simon is afraid of the open ocean, mainly because the creatures like sharks that inhabit it. He's also afraid of flying. Si fears embarrassment and public speaking, and will avoid both at almost all costs .

Strengths:
    "The public school system is so easy to cheat."
    . Surprisingly, Simon has great hand-eye coordination. He has a great memory, and can think quick when put under pressure. He is very much a planner, always liking to have a game plan. He's crafty and precise, and is only satisfied when things turn out just the way he envisioned them .

Weaknesses:
    "Feel like we've already covered this..."

. Simon has never been athletic by any means, so physical activity takes its toll on him. He doesn't work out, so he's not very strong and he has very weak stamina. When he's the center of attention he tends to get nervous and psych himself out. As much as he wishes he could change, Simon can never seem to figure out how to act in most social situations .

• tumblr_ng6hnofnvD1tnjtx4o7_250.gif
    tumblr_ng6hnofnvD1tnjtx4o3_250.gif

"I could deliver some sob story here, but honestly my life hasn't been that bad. High school sucks for everyone."

The early years of Simon's life were very happy. He lived in a very nice house, had a very loving family, and was quite spoiled. He was one of the happiest little boys you could ever meet. From the time he could talk Simon had an interest in electronics. They fascinated him, and he often got in trouble for breaking open his toys to see how they worked. His parents eventually got wise and put the screwdrivers away in a locked drawer, but that only worked for so long. He was given permission to use the computer when he was in 2nd grade. He mostly watched people building robots on youtube, and when he could read he read articles about it. His parents knew early on that Simon would never be a football star, but he would be smart.

During the summer between elementary school and middle school, Simon learned that his happy little family wasn't as happy as it seemed. His mother had been cheating on his father for years. Even worse, his father knew about it but didn't care because he didn't love her anymore. He was just keeping his mouth shut for Simon, and also because his mother made more money. However, it became too much for him, and after a few terrible fights Simon's parents were divorced. Simon was completely taken by surprise, and as his family went through drastic changes his interest were turned towards video games. They became his escape.

He spent the first two years of the divorce with his father on the other side of the state. His mother got to keep his childhood home, and during the next two years she went on the marry the man she had been cheating on his father with. Simon then alternated living with each of his parents every other year. One year with dad, the next with mom. This made it very hard for Simon to make long lasting friendships, and he struggled in developing his social skills. The only person he truly considered his friend was his next door neighbor at his moms house, Alexandria. The two had been friends since they were toddlers, and he was thankful to have her.

Sadly, when he got to highschool he could see they were drifting apart. She was a year below him, so they didn't go to the same school anymore. He spent his freshman year with his mom, and as the year went on they talked less and less. He spent his sophomore year with his father, and when he came back for Junior year it was clear to him their friendship was no more. Alexandria had gotten pretty and popular during her first year in high school, and he was still the same geeky kid he had always been. He decided he just wanted to stay with his mom for the remainder of high school, because it was too much for him to keep switching back and fourth.

Surprisingly, Simon and his step father got along very well from the beginning. He really wanted to hate the older man, because he had torn little Simon's family apart. But, they two just sort of clicked. He was a good man, despite partaking in an affair. And Simon loves him almost as much as he loves his real father. Same goes for his younger half sister.

• tumblr_ng6hnofnvD1tnjtx4o4_250.gif
    tumblr_ng6hnofnvD1tnjtx4o8_250.gif

0*TmAKhjrWP2I-9tCU.gif
    tumblr_onwhe5kbZE1v8xl0do8_r2_250.gif
    tenor.gif
    1506d072d29b6aeb985965410013.gif

• tumblr_inline_nkahhu5isp1s5yvfe.gif
    tumblr_nrscpynIFU1uxke6do1_r1_400.gif

~ Has knowledge about cars because his father is a mechanic, but isn't too interested in them.
    ~ Learned how to surf while he was living with his father in Florida.
    ~ Has had 1 girlfriend, Becca, during the year he spent living with his father.
    ~ Isn't a huge fan of his biological father, but doesn't hate him either.
    ~ Is an amateur at coding.
    ~ Isn't sure if he believes in love
    ~
    d8b05fdeb46c9a1a21c16b258f94bbc7.jpg
    ~ Alexandria calls him "Perses" and he calls her "Asteria." Since they were both very interested in Greek Mythology as children

"Most people are stronger than I am."

Last edited:
tumblr_p05jhsgWWa1r6vy8ho7_1280.gif

Character Sheet: Here
Mentioned: Mrs. Erikson, Ms. K, NPCs
Interactions: N/A
Outfit: Hoodie + Jeans and black nikes --> Gym Uniform

d28cfc9f377bbb484a9fb73fef91b2ff.png

For most people, high school was a big deal. Many teenagers knew it was going to be the best time of their lives, their prime. And so they lived young and dumb. Simon knew several old mothers who still looked back at those same four years of their lives fondly, wanting desperately to go back. Some looked back on them with sadness and despair, only wishing they could forget the experience entirely. Simon suspected that he would be a part of the latter group. He was finally in his senior year, and thus far high school has been an utter disappointment.

The young male heaved a sigh as he stepped into the familiar building, greeted by a smiling teacher who was serving as a hall monitor. He had gone off campus for lunch, as he did every day. Occasionally he found a buddy to go with him but most days, like today, Simon had gone for lunch alone. Not that he minded. In fact, Simon quite enjoyed the solitude.

He returned the smile to Mrs. Erikson, the teacher/temporary hall monitor, and continued on his way. He often found it easier to make small talk with teachers than with his own peers, but even easier to skip the small talk all together. He walked to the boys locker room, being one of the first to arrive. He liked to get there early. Not because he was embarrassed by being seen nearly naked by other boys- though that wasn't to say he enjoyed it either. But because as soon as that bell rang the room would be filled to the brim with immature prepubescent boys, and Simon liked to avoid that environment whenever possible.

He was just pulling his gym shirt on as the bell rang. Teenage boys began to flood into the crowded room. Simon locked his locker and moved out of the way before he was trapped, stopping by the wall near the door to tie his shoe. The stream of students entering the locker room seemed endless, and even when he finished tying his shoe Simon had to wait nearly a full minute for an opening to squeeze through the small doorway.

Silently, Simon walked to the gym where his class was held. The school had three separate gyms, so they generally had three or four gym classes running at once. Students were required three different gym credits, and one personal health credit, in order to graduate. Which was the only reason Simon was taking a gym class.

He hated everything about P.E classes with a passion. Being graded by what you can do, and not by participation. But, at the same time being marked down for not participating at all times. The unrealistic labor, the uniforms, the odor he was condemned to if any of them got even a little sweaty. Nothing about this class was making him healthier or helping him to get into shape. It was just a gigantic waste of time.

Heaving a sigh, Simon took his assigned place on the floor beside the wall. This was how his teacher took attendance, she walked down the line and crossed off anyone who wasn't in their spot. It was efficient, but impersonal. Not long after Simon sat down did his peers begin to flood into this room too. Luckily, the gym wasn't as crowded. Instead of sitting in their spots like Simon had many of the students goofed off before attendance was taken. Boys tried to hang from the basket ball hoops. Girls formed their huddles where they whispered and giggled together. Simon found himself wishing his uniform had pockets so he could play on his phone until roll call was taken. Unfortunately, the school had purposefully purchased basketball shorts without pockets for their students.

Idiots, Simon thought to himself as he watched one of his male peers fall from the basketball hoop and land on his back. His friends laughed hysterically, barely offering a hand to help him up. Simon's attention was drawn away as their teacher, Ms. K, blew her whistle. Everyone found their spot in the line, and she began to walk down for attendance.

tumblr_inline_n7swj7nrVH1sfquyp.gif

Mentioned: Gabrielle, Jenna, Faith
Interactions: Alexandria, Daniel, Mr. Young
Outfit: This

1e5f54f371d2cc5e9275c1e6383a8a7a.png

The lunchroom was loud, as always. It was packed during this hour when most students were scheduled for their lunch break. Natalia sat with her usual group of friends. Her best friend, Alex, on her right and her boyfriend, Daniel, on her left. Gabrielle and Jenna were sitting across from them, discussing one of their team members on the Cheer Squad. They'd been trying to get here to quit, because she stole Jenna's boyfriend last year, but so far they'd been unsuccessful. Natalia was only half listening to them.

Daniel was scrolling on his phone, though she couldn't see what he was doing on it. He had bought a screen protector that also made it impossible for people to see what was on it from the side. He claimed he wasn't paying attention when he bought it so it was an accident, but Natty wasn't so convinced. She picked at her fries, glancing up at the clock. Only a few minutes left until her next class.

Turning to Alex, Natalia said, "So Mr. Young is assigning us partners for our next project." She rolled her eyes, clearly annoyed. Mr. Young was her English teacher, and also her least favorite teacher she'd ever had. He caught her on her phone the first day of class, and ever since then she swore he was out to get her. "If he partners me with Faith again I'm going to scream."

Truth be told, Faith was a very nice girl. But she was very lazy. And since Natalia was lazy, whenever they worked together nothing got done at all. Instant F. Natalia ate a few more of her fries, and then the bell rung.

Sighing, the young girl stood up and went to throw away her trash. She left the tray on top of the trash can and returned to her friends. Gabrielle and Jenna bid their goodbyes, and Natalia waved them off before reaching for Daniel's hand. "Meet by my car after school?" Natalia confirmed with Alex, since she had driven her best friend to school today. The two said their goodbyes, and then parted ways. Daniel always walked her to this class, since it was on the way to his.

Outside of her English class Natalia turned to her boyfriend, smiling wide. He slide his phone into his pocket and smiled back down at her before pulling her into a kiss. The two started to make out, until Mr. Young walked past. "That's enough you two," he simply said before continuing on into his classroom.

"See!" Natalia exclaimed before gesturing to another couple across the hall who were also making out. "He targets me!"

Daniel only let out a laugh, deciding not to comment. Natalia suspected that Daniel didn't believe Mr. young hated her. "Try not to let it get to you," He said, giving her hand a squeeze. "I'll catch ya later." Another brief kiss, and then he was on his way to his own class.

Natalia frowned and entered the classroom. Mr. Young assigned seat was in the dead center of the class, because he didn't want her in the back, by the door, or by the window. And he also didn't want her too close to him either. This all, of course, was not confirmed. It was only what Natalia believed to be true.

She placed her backpack down at her feet, not bothering to pull anything out of it. Usually when he was going to start off class by assigning partners they all had to move right away to sit with their partners anyways. There was no point in setting up if she was just going to have to move two minutes later.

tumblr_o3x0etw9Ye1qd4bljo3_250.gif

Mentioned: Daniel, Theodore, Mr. Young, Ms. K
Interactions: Natalia
Outfit: Here

Lunch was always the same, get food, sit next to her best friend Natalia, and listen to the other girls talk about cheering. It actually wasn’t that odd that Alex was quit sometimes, lost in her own little world while her friends talked about something that in all honesty, didn’t matter to her too much. Yeah she went and still supported and would listen to them complain about the complications of routines, but the flips and the whole…everything well it didn’t matter. She was pretty sure they understood too, it was like her talking to them about swimming and figure skating, but good friends just put up with that kind of stuff.

Slim fingers drummed in the table of the lunchroom, glancing between Daniel and Natalia. They were cute, they were, but there was a small gut feeling that there were bumps in the road, and Daniel was hiding something. Call it best friend’s intuition, not to mention he had been acting shady lately, but it wasn’t her full place to say. Though she had to admit that her friend’s relationship made her kind of missing being in one.

It wasn’t even that she had been out of a relationship that long, probably a couple months at best, and it was something she cried over it with Natalia by her side, but as for the reasons that she broke up with her ex, well that had yet to be said. All Alex said was that they simply wanted different things. He was going to be a sophomore in college and freshman year of college just changed his view of things, they simply outgrew each other. The redheaded female though had yet to tell her best friend that it was because he had become far too abusive and possessive, that those bruises she passed off as skating accidents were accidents at all.

Just the thought made her shiver. Don’t get Alex wrong, she wanted to tell Natalia, after all she had been there for her through everything, but she just wasn’t sure how to tell her yet. She wasn’t sure if she was ready to open already fresh wounds. Chewing on her lower lip she blinked when she heard her friend’s voice, turning her attention to the dark haired female and laughing faintly. She would suggest asking Mr. Young if they could change partners, but Alex knew full well that Natalia already felt that he hated her, so that suggestion was a no go.

Sometimes staying silent and just listening also worked best. Before she even knew it, the bell was ringing and she was confirming that she’d meet Natalia by her car after school. Her older brother Theodore needed to borrow her car since his was in the shop, and like any good little sister she agreed. Besides, it gave her perfect and ample time to spend with her best friend.

Letting the place clear out, Alexandria looked around the now nearly empty lunchroom before she got up and threw away her stuff. She was taking an online class so it allowed her to have an off period unlike some of her other friends. Usually she found herself spending time working in the library, sometimes she found herself ahead of her work and so she went to just go sit outside and soak up the sun. Maybe she’d go out to the sports field, hope that the gym classes were going out today, if not that was fine to.

Running a hand through her hair she hitched up her backpack and headed down the halls. She walked towards the doors that led out towards the field, moving to sit on the bleachers, letting her face soak up the sun. The small breeze felt good on her skin, swirling the stray strands around and causing her to brush them out of her line of sight. It was still early enough in the school year that she much rather be outside rather than cooped up in a classroom. The grass was green, the trees swayed peacefully with the wind, the birds chirped and everything just seemed right with the world. Slim legs moved to cross over each other, hands outreaching backwards to carefully lower herself down so she was laying out on the bleachers, it was a nice way to escape her fears and worries.

The sounds of chattering voices, giggles and shouts made her open her eyes and she sat up, hazel eyes shifting over to the group of students dressed in gym uniforms that walked out. Ms. K, like usual, blowing her whistle and telling them to move faster. Alexandria couldn’t help but laugh faintly, watching some groan and roll their eyes, while others actually did get their rears in gear.

tumblr_inline_orpytnRveJ1ucuavm_250.gif

Mentioned: Natalia, Daniel, His father
Interactions: Ms. Hall, Mr. Young

Sitting in the library, Atticus’s eyes scanned over the email that his father had sent him. It was something about wanting him to meet some clients Saturday evening, hoping to probably get them on board with business. Heaving a big sigh he leaned back in his seat and ran a hand over his tired eyes. More things to read. He had already read the numerous pages upon pages of what that company was about, now he needed to read up on their etiquette, what was okay and what wasn’t okay. Great, as if he didn’t have enough time already. He swore, sometimes it was as if his father forgot that he was a student. He expected him to get straight A’s, read over documents, and take over a company. Sometimes it was all too much, but it wasn’t as if he had much say in it.

Heaving a big sigh Atticus leaned back in his seat, glancing up at the clock as the seconds ticked away, chipped away slowly with each move of the small hand. Moving from his computer with a flash drive in his hand he walked over to Ms. Hall, smiling faintly upon seeing a familiar smile on her own face. “Hey Ms. Hall, would you please be willing to print this for me?” He questioned, handing the older female the flash drive, and thanking her when she agreed.

This wasn’t anything new. He usually asked her to print things when he wanted to be able to highlight and analyze everything that his father sent him. Standing up straight his blue hues scanned around the room before back at the lady before him who was handing him the papers. “Thank you very much.” Giving a warm smile he took them and moved to sit back down, pulling out a yellow highlighter and flipping through the papers.

“Started from the ground up…made it to the top within three years.” He muttered to himself, brows furrowing ever so slightly. “Kyosuke Hashimoto and Ichigo Tachibana are the founders of the company…” Upon hearing the sound of the bell he blinked and his head shot up, looking back to the clock on the wall.

English. With a heavy sigh Atticus packed up his things, and stood up, long legs striding to the door. It was kind of funny when he thought about it, he didn’t necessarily fit the stereotypical look of a nerd, at least in his opinion. He didn’t wear big framed class, he wasn’t a skinny bean pole either, but rather tall and muscular. However, Atticus chose to separate himself from kids his age, not to mention the work his father constantly piled on him kept him from making friends his age. It wasn’t any skin off his back either, considering the fact that most people would probably just use him.

On his way he noticed his neighbor Natalia making out with her boyfriend, a tiny sigh leaving his lips. Sometimes he wished he still talked to her, tell her about all the pressure that his father put on him, but that was probably something that wasn’t going to be happening anytime soon. They both had gone their separate ways.

Walking through the door to english he greeted Mr. Young, moving to take his seat and pull out his textbook for this class. Upon feeling his phone buzz he pulled it out of his pocket and read over the text, brow furrowing ever so slightly at the message from his father. There was a part of him that honestly wanted to block the man’s number.

You got the files correct? You better read them or else. Turning his phone off and shoving it in his backpack he knew it was best if he didn’t reply, at least his father would think he was in class. Saved him the trouble of getting yelled at later on for being on his phone and in his father’s words, so downright disrespectful.

Atticus watched as other kids filed in, some boys pushing and shoving each other with a laugh, others commenting about how they screwed their girlfriend into next week. Some girls followed after, giggling about whatever it was that was said, probably wasn’t that funny in all honesty. Most kids thought that what was said was a lot funnier than it actually was. His eyes caught onto Natalia as she walked through the door and took a seat, a small part of him wanting to talk to her and then another part of him believing that he had no right to. She was in the spotlight of popularity while he himself was in the shadows of loserville.

The male honestly couldn’t wait to get out of high school, go to a different college and learn how to take over the business far away from his father. He couldn’t wait to get away. He needed to get out of this place, get away from these kids and everyone that knew his family. He wanted to make a name for himself.

Last edited:
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f2d505f6e67316859574c4b635f413d3d2d3130352e313464353565396261616438363666653339323530353530323935332e676966

Mentioned: Ms. K, Cory, Hunter, Alexandria
Interactions: Theodore
Outfit: Gym Uniform

"Sup Simon?" Theodore asked as he came to stand beside him for attendance. Theodore's last name was Hunter, and Simon's was Holt, so it made sense that they stood next to each other for roll call. Theodore was his next door neighbor and Alexandria's older brother, so Simon had known him pretty much his whole life. When he was a child Simon was more friends with Alexandria than he was with Theodore, but things were different now.

"Hey Theo," Simon greeted the other male with a smile. Truthfully, Simon was thankful to have a friend in this class. Usually it didn't matter, but it saved him from being paired with some over achiever jock whenever they needed to work with groups. Theodore is captain of the track and field team, so he's very athletic, but he's also easy going enough that he doesn't get upset when Simon doesn't try too hard.

Ms. K walked pass them wordlessly, though she did offer a smile as she did. Honestly, if she weren't a gym teacher Simon would probably like Ms. K a lot. She was a simple teacher who refused to form personal bonds with her students, so she never had any favorites. She only took a few seconds to get the end of the line. There, she tucked her clipboard under her arm and blew her whistle to get everyone's attention. "It's a beautiful day, and I've got the football field reserved for us," She announced, earning some cheering from her students. "You know the way, let's move out!"

"What do you think we'll be doing today?" Theodore asked, seeming slightly excited.

"Oh, um," Simon faltered. Even with his friends he struggled to make conversation. "Honestly as long as she doesn't make us run laps I'm fine with whatever." Not exactly true. Simon was dreading whatever physical labor she was going to subject them to today, but there was nothing he could do about it. Might as well deal with it. I wonder if I could get away with faking fainting...

A few other boys, Cory and Hunter, met up with them as they walked up the sidewalk to the football field. They were Theodore's friends, so they completely ignored Simon as they began their conversation with the former. Simon didn't mind at all, he much preferred to be ignored. Whenever he did get attention from other's it never ended well for him. Though, Cory and Hunter were usually nicer to him than most.

The class filed into the football field, walking across the track that surrounded the actual field and into the grass. They all spread out, knowing that they would start with stretches before Ms. K revealed what she had planned for them today. Looking over, Simon could see the other Gym classes walking past them, probably heading for the soccer or baseball fields. Then his eyes swept over the bleachers, noticing a few students hanging out there. Not surprising, it was a nice day. All the smart people came here for their off period instead of hanging out in the crowded courtyard. Simon was usually among them before he got his car, now he just left during his off hour.

Simon's brown eyes landed on Alexandria. She was unmistakable, even with a crowd. Her hair tended to stand out. His gaze lingered for just a few moments before he turned around entirely, not wanting to get caught staring.

If Simon was being honest with himself, he had a crush on her. She was the stunning, popular girl next door. Completely unattainable, which only made her more desirable. Simon always told himself it was just a lingering crush he had from when they were kids, which was completely true. Simon hadn't realized Theodore was still beside him until he called out to his sister, "Hey, Alex!" Simon glanced over at Theo, noticing that he was waving to his sister.

Ms. K gave another blow of her whistle, and the class turned their attention back to her. She used her whistle more than most gym teachers, in Simon's opinion. Simultaneously, the class joined in on the stretches. They were the same every day, so they had all memorized the order by now. "She brought a bag of Frisbees," Theodore said, leaning towards Simon to make it obvious he was speaking to him. "And the soccer goals are set up. You know what that means?" He seemed excited.

Resisting the urge to groan, Simon let out a sigh instead. His face twisted in slight horror. "Ultimate Frisbee," He said. Great.

tumblr_m3u3es6x8u1r4kfic.gif

Mentioned: Faith, NPCs
Interactions: Atticus, Mr. Young

One by one Natalia's classmates came into the classroom and took their seats. Natalia smiled at all the ones she made eye contact with, silently deciding whether or not she'd mind partnering with them. Bet he'd do all the work... no, not her... she'd be okay... is he even in this class?

After a minute Natalia's mind began to wander. Her head was turned to look out the window, her eyes going blank. She was fixated on a bird perched on the tree outside the window. It wasn't doing anything interesting, but it held Natalia's attention as if it were. "Okay class," Mr. Young's harsh voice drew the young girl back to reality. She shifted so she was facing Mr. Young. He was passing stacks of papers at the desks in front of the class, and the students there picked them and and passed them down the rows. "It's been a while since we did an oral report, it's about time for another."

Natalia joined in with the classes collective groan. This was not an assignment she could sign her name at the top of and get credit for. "I have a list of books on the cover of this packet you're receiving," Mr. Young continued. Natalia took the stack from the person in front of her, placed one packet on her desk, and passed the rest back. "You and your partner will select one of these books. You'll need to read it, preferably together, and then write a report on it."

"Easy enough," Natalia heard a male in the back of the class say. She wondered if she could convince her partner to write the report if she offered to read it in front of the class.

"Yes, the written report should be," Mr. Young agreed. "It's the next part I think you may struggle with." He flipped his packet to the second page, and the rest of the class followed his lead. "As you can see, this project consists of two separate assignments. Your written report will be worth fifty points. Your oral report, one hundred." Another collective groan.

"Each of you will take on the role of a character from your book, and yes, dressing up like them is part of your grade." This time Natalia noticed Mr. Young smile as the class groaned, only confirming her suspicion that he got joy from making them miserable. "Then, you'll stand up here and tell the class about the book from their point of view."

"It's probably best that you all know I am very familiar with all of the books on the list," Mr. Young added. "So, if you're not in character for your entire report points will be docked accordingly." Natalia rolled her eyes. "Now, for your partners." He picked up a piece of paper from his desk and began to read from it. "Jason, you're with Miranda. Tony, with Alice. Katie with Bella..."

Natalia listened as all of the good partners began to be paired away. Not Faith, she pleaded silently, gripping her packet firmly. Not Faith, not Faith, not Faith.

"Faith," Mr. Young said, and Natalia could feel herself holding her breath. "You're with Mason." Natalia felt instant relief, a smile forming on her lips. "And Natalia, that leaves you with Atticus."

Instantly, Natalia turned to where Atticus was sitting. She hadn't realized she knew exactly where his assigned seat was before this moment. He was her childhood friend, but they had drifted apart a few years prior. She smiled to him warmly, he would make a good partner. And it might also give the two a chance to catch up a little. She knew a few things that were going on with him, thanks to chatting with his mother outside their houses. But, it might be nice to talk with him again. She was never sure why their friendship died like it did.

"Well, what are you all waiting for?" Mr. Young asked annoyingly. "Get with your partners, pick a book. I don't want anyone to double up on books so once you've decided come tell me. They'll go on a first come first serve basis." All at once everyone was moving. Natalia picked up her back and swiftly moved to take the now empty seat beside Atticus.

"Hey, neighbor," She greeted him with a smile. "Just so you know, I really don't care about the book, so you go ahead and pick it." She wanted to get straight to the point, so he could be among the first to reserve their book with Mr. Young.

tumblr_o0jb93tc4H1v1cdi6o7_250.gif

Mentioned: NPCs
Interactions: Theodore, Simon, Ms. K

With the sun on her face, and the wind carefully sweeping through her hair Alexandria was enjoying herself. She had moved to pull out her computer, booting it up and pulling up her class. This was the perfect place to do some schoolwork, maybe get ahead, then again it was far too nice to focus on wanting to just do schoolwork. Pursing her lips, hazel eyes scanned the screen, making sure she had completed everything that she needed to have completed.

Screw trying to get ahead on work, today was too nice and she much rather be doing something else. Shutting her computer she placed it back in the bag and pulled out a book. It was the last book in the series and she was hooked, it was so good. The sound of everyone walking out caught her attention and she shifted it to watch and different classes moved to the different fields, her gaze landing on her brother.

They stuck out, there was no doubt about it, with their red hair amongst a sea of black, brown and blondes. It wasn’t hard for her friends to look for either, sometimes they just had to say Oh did you see a girl with red hair go by and people would either say, yes, no or which one. Though it was either yes or no most of the time. However, it wasn’t necessarily her brother that got her attention, more like who her brother talking to. Simon Holt. He was their neighbor, so it wasn’t that surprising that Theodore was being buddy buddy with the guy. It was just that…she hadn’t talked to him in so long, and she missed it, gods how she missed it, especially now since she felt like she had no one to talk about the ending of her relationship, or at least the true reason that it ended. There was just something about Simon that she felt comfortable around him enough to open up to him about it.

She wished she could go back to the more simple days, when all you had to worry about was the monsters under the bed.

Alexandria couldn’t help but wonder how he was doing, sure she talked to his mom from time to time but it wasn’t the same as actually talking to Simon himself. She rarely ever saw him, which made sense since he was a year older than her, though she could also claim that it was unfair that Thedore got to see him and interact with him much more than she did. then again she could also try and strike up a conversation with him, but at the same time she kind of felt as if she didn’t have a right to.

Which was strange because it wasn’t as if she had gotten into a fight with him and told him to never stop talking to her, they simply went their separate ways. The divorce of his parents had him bouncing between the two and freshman year she managed to land herself a boyfriend while Simon was at his dad’s. It’s not wonder that they started to drift, they just didn’t have the time to hang out like the used to growing up, it was natural. So then she shouldn’t feel out of place wanting to strike up a conversation with him again, and yet she was.

Hearing her name she glanced up, smiling brightly and waving back to her brother. “Hi Theo!”Tearing her eyes away from the field she returned her gaze back to the book at hand, listening to the whistle, the hoots of some kids and groans of others. She had noticed that there were frisbees in a bag so she could only guess that those were being used, but it wasn’t too much of her concern. Right now she really wanted to focus on this book, but then again sometimes it was fun watching the guys get into the actual game. With her knee bouncing she looked up from the book before she put it away. So much for reading.

By the looks of it, they were well underway, jerseys vs. non-jerseys, the more athletic ones going for it and the ones that wanted to shy away from it hung in the back. The ones who really got into it made it interesting, and it was fun to watch.

However what happened next honestly surprised Alex, and she didn’t see it coming, and by the looks of the other’s faces they didn’t either. Simon was down on the ground, holding his face, what part well she couldn’t see from here. Some stood around laughing, others looked concerned, the few that were laughing were told to shut up by Theo. Noticing him waving her down she zipped her her backpack and raced down the steps of the bleachers, speed walking to to where everyone was standing. Ms. K, Alex can take him.” She heard her brother saying just as she got there.

Wait, what?” She questioned, glancing between Ms. K and Theo. “I mean uh, yeah I can, don’t have anything to do.” Giving them a faint smile she looked at Simon. She watched as her brother helped the other male up. She herself was hesitant to touch him, not even sure if he wanted it, but by the looks of it he seemed a little out of it. “I got it.” Alex muttered softly as she helped him support his weight and helped him off the field. “Don’t worry Perses, I’ve got ya.” The words were low enough so that only he could hear, a nickname she hadn’t called him in forever. She wasn’t sure if she’d ever call him it again, but right now felt right, then again she was also kind of an awkward person, saying things at the wrong moment.

tumblr_inline_orpyvqsZ7E1ucuavm_250.gif

Mentioned: Faith, Jason, NPCs
Interactions: Natalia, Mr. Young

Group projects, honestly Atticus didn’t like them. He sucked it up usually, but he didn’t like it. He was used to doing all the work, more work piled onto all the business work his father handed him. It was almost as if the world was trying to see how much it could give him before he broke, but he wasn’t not going to break.

With the start of class he glanced up at Mr. Young, slouching down a bit in his seat before he sat up pin straight. Don’t slouch. Never slouch, the President of a company never slouches. His fingers drummed on the desk, glancing around at the people in the class, understanding full well that all of them would make him do the work. He’d been paired up with Faith, she batted her lashes and pleaded with him. that was fine. He’d been paired up with James, who just shoved all the work loud on him, saying that he couldn’t do it and he was just so busy. That too was fine, sucked but it wasn’t anything he wasn’t used to.

What Atticus liked about Mr. Young was that he always tried his best, even if it came across as being an asshole, to make sure that everyone was involving themselves in the work, there was something one little thing that they had to do. Even the laziest of people, which he had been paired up with in this class had to do something. Sure they passed off the majority of the work onto him, but it was still something at least. With the sound of this project though, it sounds like the most notorious slacker couldn’t just sit back and watch someone else do all the work.

It was going to be an interesting project too it seemed like, and it was already starting to work through in his head on how he was going to split up the project, if there were even places that it could be split up.

Pulling out his agenda he ran through what he already had, finding time to squeeze in this assignment, along with the practice time it would take to rehearse and make sure everything was to Mr. Young’s standards. He’d also have to factor in the time that his partner would probably blow him off and/or just complain about how stupid it was. Dates and times were flying through Atticus’s head as he sat there, penciling things in here and there.

“Can’t forget about the meeting.” He muttered as he squeezed it in for this Friday night, glancing up when he heard his name. Natalia. It was even amazing he managed to catch who his partner was, so lost in his own world, but hearing that name caused him to freeze. His pencil stopped midway and he looked up for a brief second before shifting his attention back to the list of the books.

To kill a Mockingbird, easy enough. He could figure out what to write about for the paper and not to mention, there were some scenes that would be easy to portray, such as the father talking to his children, or other things like that. Hearing the sounds of people shuffling, Atticus moved to circle the book, chuckling faintly to himself that the name of the father was the same as his. What a trivial little thing to laugh at, maybe even a bit nerdy.

Hearing a familiar voice he looked up to find his neighbor, greeting him with a bright smile and getting straight to the point. Good he liked that, after all he didn’t have much time to waste.

“Perfect, makes it all the easier. I have chosen To Kill a Mockingbird” He responded as he gave a curt nod and got up to go talk to Mr. Young about the book that they were going to do. First one at the desk and first one to be able to pick the book.

Thanking the older male he moved to sit back in his seat, going over the instructions and highlighting a few of the important parts that he would need to write the paper. “Here is what I was thinking. I can do the research paper, all of it, do not worry about it. You can do the script for the scene that we act out, you can choose the scene, I do not care.” He briskly spoke, checking off things as he went.“Make sure it is five minutes long, no more and no less, stick to the rules or we will be docked points. If you have questions you can ask, but make sure they are valid. The sooner this project can be completed, the better. We will have more time to rehearse and make sure everything is within order.”
He glanced up, before turning his agenda around and slid it towards her.

“These are the times I am free, look at it please and try to line your schedule up with me. If that does not work, then we can work something out.” He let her look it over, pulling out his notebook as he already started the rough draft for the research paper, thankful that he had read it before. “I do believe that the scene should match up with the paper, that way it can put extra emphasis on what we wrote about.” He didn’t even glance up but he paused.

He had switched into business mode…he could tell with the way he was racing through things and just giving orders. Glancing up, he looked at Natalia, clearing his throat and moving back to lean in his seat just a tad. “I apologize if that was all too fast. I can repeat things if you need.”

tenor.gif

Mentioned: Ms. K, Cory, Hunter, NPCs
Interactions: Theodore, Alexandria, School Nurse

The class finished their stretches in about 4 minutes, and then gathered around Ms. K. She confirmed what Simon already knew, they were playing Ultimate Frisbee today. She instructed them to split into groups of four. As usual, Simon ended up with Theodore, Cory and Hunter. They went to grab jersey's and then found a team of shirts to play against.

The team had two girls, neither of which Simon ever saw participating, and two boys. Unfortunately, the two boys were both football players, and Simon suspected they would get pretty intense once the game was going. He decided to hang back, and only touch the Frisbee enough to get his participation points.

At first things were going well. Simon had great hand-eye coordination, so catching the Frisbee had never been a problem for him. It was passing it to his teammates where he ran into issues. Luckily, Theodore caught on pretty quickly that Simon couldn't aim the Frisbee at all, and got into the habit of staying close enough to him that he just had to pass it a few feet. Their team was doing surprisingly well.

That is, until Simon actually started to get into the game. He allowed himself to have some fun. A fatal mistake. He was jogging to get closer to the goal zone when he tripped over one of the girls on the other team. She managed to keep her balance, but Simon fell to the ground. And, as if falling wasn't good enough, on his way down he was struck in the eyeball by a Frisbee. Not even their own Frisbee, but one from a neighboring game. Perfect, Simon thought to himself bitterly as he laid on the ground for a moment.

As he laid there on the ground, hand over his wounded eye, Simon could hear the sounds of people surrounded him. One person apologized multiple times, though Simon did not look up to see who it was. What stood out the most was the laughter that filled the air. So glad my pain brought you all joy, Simon thought to himself. He pulled his hand away and tried to blink the pain away, but this just caused his eye to gush tears.

"Oh, shut up," Simon heard Theodore shout, and if he weren't in such pain he probably would have smiled. Theodore was by no means is best friend, but that didn't stop him from being a good one. That's what Simon thought, anyways, until he heard the next thing his so-called friend had to say. "Ms. K, Alex can take him."

Simon's initial reaction was about the same as Alexandria's. Wait, what? He tilted his gaze upward, his good eye landing on the familiar girl who stood above him. Though his vision was blurry there was no mistaking Alexandria Hunter. Oh no, Simon thought in immediate horror. No, no, no, no. Not her. Anyone else. "I can take myself," He offered, twisting to try and find Ms. K in the crowd surrounding him.

"No," Ms. K shut him down. "Alex can take you. Doesn't look like you're seeing too well."

Damn, Simon thought to himself in defeat. Theodore helped Simon to his feet, and he felt the strange urge to throw him down to the ground. Why was that? It wasn't as if Theodore had wronged him in any way. Or, at least he didn't intentionally. It wasn't until Simon was on his feet that he realized he was dizzy, a side effect from the blunt force trauma he had endured. He felt himself being passed over to Alexandria, she smelled nice. Wonder what kind of perfume she wears...

Don’t worry Perses, I’ve got ya.

This almost made Simon freeze. He couldn't remember the last time she had called him that, though it was probably the last time they spoke. Growing up she always called him Perses, for his love of the sea. And he called her
Asteria, for her love of stars. They both had been little Greek Mythology buffs. Simon swallowed hard, choosing not to comment on what she had just said. He had no idea how he would even begin to respond, anyways.

The two had to walk around to the entrance of the school, since the gym doors were locked, so the walk was a few minutes. Simon wanted desperately to say something to her. Even something small, just to ease the tension between them. But he couldn't seem to force any words out of his mouth. Before he even found the courage to try the two were walking into the nurses office. The situation was explained to her by Alexandria, and she had Simon sit down in a chair.

The first thing the nurse did was give him an ice pack, told him to hold it to his eye. He did as he was told, and she informed them she'd be back in a few minutes to check on them. Simon watched the nurse head into the other room, where he was sure she already had a student she was attending to. Busy day for the school nurse, he thought.

Simon then looked over to Alex, forcing an awkward smile onto his lips. He cleared his throat, suddenly aware of how sweaty his hands were. At least his vision had cleared up some since they got back inside. "Uh, thank you," Simon said, sounding tense. "For helping me get here, I mean. Truthfully I don't know how long it would have taken me to find my way alone." He consciously closed his mouth, knowing that if he didn't he would go on forever just blabbering about nothing.

tumblr_mv8bs8GmCa1sm9o5to1_500.gif

Mentioned: Faith, NPCs
Interactions: Atticus, Mr. Young

Natalia felt her eyes widen as Atticus got up immediately to go to Mr. Young their book selection, it seemed as if he had decided before she even came over. She had read To Kill a Mockingbird before, and was unimpressed by it. Then again, she usually was with the older books that they had to read for school. That wasn't to say To Kill a Mockingbird didn't tell a important and interesting story, because it did. She just wanted more from the book than she got.

So, she felt a little of regret that she hadn't taken part in helping him pick the book, but there was nothing she could do about it now. No matter, it was just a book report. Natalia offered Atticus another smile as he returned to his seat, admittedly a little hurt that he hadn't even greeted her when she came over. She had just dismissed it, figuring he was only excited to reserve their book as soon as possible. However, when he came back he got straight to business, and she couldn't ignore it a second time.

What the hell? Natalia wondered to herself as she watched him slide his planner over to her. Her eyebrows knit together in frustration as she looked down at his openings. Why was he acting like this? She didn't understand. Sure, even as kids he was a little more serious than most, but it was never quite to this extent. Maybe this is why we stopped being friends?

I apologize if that was all too fast. I can repeat things if you need.

Natalia looked up from the planner, meeting his gaze. At first she wasn't sure how to react to him. Her feelings were hurt than he was behaving so... professional. She knew his father brought him along to business meetings and whatnot, but she wasn't a client. She was his peer. She used to be his best friend.

"The oral part isn't about acting out," Natalia chose to correct him, her tone slightly defensive. "It's to tell the story through the character's eyes. But, yeah, sure. You can do the written and I'll figure out the oral. Seems like I understand it better anyways." She looked back down at his planner, rolling her eyes to herself in the process. "All of your open time looks goo to me, but after school I'm not available until 6. I have cheer leading. Except for Wednesdays."

Today was Wednesday, which was why Natalia was able to take Alexandria home. "I guess just text me whenever you want, and I'll let you know if I'm home or not," Natalia said, taking out her sparkly pink pen and writing her phone number on some empty space on the side of his planner. While it was clear Atticus liked to work on a very specific schedule, Natalia didn't operate that way. And, if he wasn't going to be friendly to her at all why should she accommodate him in any way?

Mr. Young walked around the room with a tote filled with books. When he got to their table, he dug out two copies of To Kill a Mockingbird and placed them on each other their desks. "One of my favorites," he said as he did so, "I'm expecting a good oral report from the two of you."

Natalia smiled at him sweetly, though as soon as he turned away her smile dropped. Why is everyone in this classroom so insufferable? She wondered as her gaze swept back over to Atticus. She pushed his planner back to him, leaning back in her chair. "Boo Radley or Atticus Finch?" She asked him, thumbing through the pages to look for any writing on them. "For your character."

• Love
Playfair Display Cardo [font=][/font]

Alexandria Hunter

Mentioned:Theodore
Interactions: Simon

For you, I'd steal the stars

It was kind of like watching a small collision. Two cars that were heading straight for each other at full speed and no one could do anything about it. Simon had fallen while the girl he tripped over managed to stay up right. Hazel hues watched as a frisby made it’s way in the male’s direction before connecting with his face. That didn’t look good…probably didn’t feel good either.

Quickly gathering her things she bounded down the steps of the bleachers, ignoring the laughs coming from there. “What a nerd!” A guy she knew by the name of Marcus, howled, slapping his knee. People could be real jerks sometimes. Giving a shake of her head Alexandria made her way over to the field.

Just as she got there her brother was already telling Ms. K that she could take the older male. “Wait, what?” Tumbled out of her mouth as she stole a glance at him, and then at the teacher who shut him down. Well okay, guess they were going to the nurses’s office. Taking him from Theodore she helped him back inside, calling him by the nickname she did so long ago.

If she was being perfectly honest, and she was, she kind of wondered what he was thinking. Sometimes late at night she’d sit at her desk, looking out the window that was directed towards her childhood best friend’s house and she couldn’t help but question what happened. When did it all end? When did the late night chatter and small laughter stop? When did the awkward comforting when the pain and tears spilled over come to an end? Alexandria wasn’t sure, but she could easily say that she missed it all.

Her mind bounced from one topic to another, how despite already being outside for a bit, he still smelled nice. How he had gotten so much taller than her. The redhead could still remember when she was taller than him by an inch, maybe three and she would constantly brag about that. Now it seemed that everything had reversed and she found herself strangely self conscious about it. How weird it was to grow up.

The walk to the nurses’s office was silent, Alexandria’s mind running through different questions that she could ask herself. Finding ways that she could strike up a conversation with Theodore and always falling short of something. When they made it she carefully helped set him down in a chair while explaining what had happened to the nurse.

There was a small part of her that was cursing her brother for suddenly just offering her up like that, despite the fact that she was going to help anyway. But still, what if she wanted nothing to do with the older male? Then again if that was true she wouldn’t have even headed down to the field, knowing full well she could have turned away from her brother waving her over. So then what did possess her to help out?

Stepping aside Alexandria leaned against the wall, her hazel hues searching around the room and focusing on a small spot as if it was the most interesting thing in the world. She only glanced over at the nurse briefly when she mentioned that she’d be back before her gaze switched over to Simon’s to catch the small awkward smile he gave her. Seemed he hadn’t really changed, which was nice in itself. Maybe they could be friends again? And maybe she was just being stupidly naive.

“Oh uh, yeah no problem.” She offered up her own awkward smile, moving to run a hand through her hair. “Are we talking because you couldn’t see out of one eye or you would have just gotten lost in general?” She questioned, trying to lighten the mood. “Because if you would have gotten lost in general, then we might have a problem considering that you’re a senior and everything. And I’ll uh, just stop talking now because it was a lot more funny in my head than it was when I said it out loud.” She laughed faintly, albeit awkwardly. Alexandria moved to scratch the back of her head, her gaze drifting away from Simon.

It seemed that her consistent babbling and awkward small talk never really faded either. At least when it came talking to cute guys. She wasn’t blind. Though her ex-best friend was probably considered a nerd in social standards, he wasn’t bad looking. He had gotten tall, and well puberty had done him a kindness. And here she was mentally cursing herself over the fact that she was rambling and in her opinion, putting her foot in her mouth. Sometimes she wished she pressed the abort button a little bit sooner. Even then she knew that it wouldn’t really work until she made a complete and utter fool of herself.

Atticus Miller

Mentioned: Faith, Jason, NPCs
Interactions: Natalia, Mr. Young

I am not perfect

Atticus could sense the change in Natalia, and the way she replied to him. He must have hurt her feelings, or stepped on her toes at the very least. Honestly going into business mode wasn’t something he purposefully did, sometimes it was just so ingrained in him that he just switched. A habit he would like to break, then again it’s not like he was ever given a chance to be an actual high school kid. His father didn’t prep and preen him that way.

Chewing on his lower lip he eyed the sparkling pink ink that stood out on his rather dull planner. It was a grayish blue color, with black ink and perfectly scrawled handwriting small enough to accommodate his appointments, assignments and everything he needed that the little boxes confined. “Ah, yes…okay.” He muttered out softly, his rigid posture relaxing ever so slightly, and his business persona slowly disappearing. He didn’t go about this the right way, even he could tell now that he was back, as his father put it, to being his childish self. Should he apologize? That would be the right thing to do, that’s what he did when he messed up in the business realm. Sometimes it didn’t work but it was always better than nothing.

Wouldn’t it be weird though? To suddenly backtrack and just be like, hey neighbor, how are you doing? Especially since he had gotten so far into his spiel before he even realized how cold and standoffish he was being. Was being a teenager supposed to be this hard? Probably not, but for him he couldn’t even begin to fathom how to repair the damage he had already done. Unless he was reading too much into it, but there was a small part of him that was telling him he had already screwed up.

“Oh…uh Atticus Finch is fine.” He muttered as he ducked his head a bit and looked over his planner once more.

Atticus had time today to talk about the oral presentation, in fact today was the most free time he had since he could remember. Drumming his fingers on the desk he snuck a glance at Natalia out of the corner of his eye, wracking his brain for a way to apologize. Should he just come out and say it? Probably, the worst thing she could say is I don’t forgive you or don’t ever speak to me again. What did it matter anyway? It’s not like they were best friends anymore. Not only that, but he wasn’t the same little kid that she used to know, so what did he care?

“I apologize for my insensitivity Natalia.” The words just tumbled out of his mouth and hazel eyes moved to look at her. Was he supposed to offer her a slight smile? Was he supposed to keep a straight face? “I suppose we…or rather I, got off on the wrong foot, and I do not expect you to forgive me or…” He trailed off trying to figure out what else he wanted to say. Or what? Be his friend? No he was pretty sure that was never going to happen. “Er…well I apologize, and even though you said I could choose the book, I still should have talked to you about it.” He licked his lips. “Not only that, but I treated you as a client and not my peer, which by no means do you deserve.”

This was just awkward and Atticus seriously wanted to smack himself for being such an idiot…or coming across as an asshole, whichever one everyone saw most. He wanted to plan a time of when they could get together, but he also wanted to respect the fact that she said to text him and she’ll tell him when she was home. Not that he didn’t know when she was home or when she wasn’t, not to say he looked out his window for her car. His mother did though, constantly commenting that Natalia is such a sweet girl, and that she misses having that girl over, as if that would do anything. As if they would suddenly become friends again.

Running his finger over the sparkly ink, he let out a small sigh, frustrated with himself for being a complete imbecile. “Well then, I guess I will text you to see if you are home…” He paused. “If you would like, I can also send you a copy of the report so you can read it over and suggest anything that you think might be important…only if you would like though.” Instead of the commanding and authoritative voice he had used earlier, it was now a touch softer, a lot less commanding and in his hope, more teenagerish.

Last edited:
  • Love
PertinentMessyBelugawhale-max-1mb.gif

Color Ref: 006633
Mentioned: NPC
Interactions: Alexandria, Nurse

Pulling the frozen ice pack away from his face, Simon blinked his eyes to clear his vision. He could still feel the exact spot where the Frisbee had collided with his head, it was now throbbing. Slowly his gaze shifted to Alexandria as she responded to him, fighting a wide smile that threatened to form on his lips. She was just as he remembered her to be. Clumsy with words. It was amusing.

"Because I couldn't see," He assured her, his tone surprisingly playful. "Though, I've never actually been to the nurses office before. So..." Simon's voice trailed off as he watched her gaze wander away from him. It was at this moment that he noticed how awkward her body language was, almost as if she was uncomfortable.

Stupid, Simon scolded himself. It was so easy for him to fall into old habits as soon as they got passed the awkward silence. He was foolish to think she'd want to have conversation with him, however. It'd been almost four years since the last time they had a real talk. Nothing was different than it had been that morning, they still were just ex-friends. Alex just so happened to be a good person who was willing to help him to the nurses office.

Clearing his throat, he looked away too. Luckily, the school nurse returned a few moments later. "Now, you got hit in the head?" She questioned him as she approached.

Simon gave a single nod of his head. "Yes," He told her, feeling suddenly bashful about the situation. "With... a Frisbee."

"Did you loose consciousness at any point, Dear?" She continued, looking around on her desk. Simon assumed that she was looking for a pencil. She looked up briefly, just long enough for Simon to shake his head no. "Do you feel nauseous? Or have a ringing in your ears?"

"No," Simon said with another shake of his head. She went on to ask him a few more questions, about confusion, amnesia or vomiting. All of them Simon said no to, and it made him feel very silly for even coming to the nurse. Clearly, he was fine, right?

"Okay, well, it doesn't sound like you have a concussion, just a nasty bruise on your forehead," The nurse concluded, motioning her hands towards his face. Feeling suddenly more self conscious, Simon raised the ice pack back up to his face. "But, you're welcome to lay here until you feel better, and-"

The sound of someone throwing up in the other room caused the school nurse to stop and listen. Heaving a sigh and offering Simon a sympathetic look she pointed to one of the thin beds she had along the wall. "Just, lay down for a moment and I'll write you a pass when I get back." Simon watched as she went in the other room again, closing the door behind her. With a quick glance at Alexandria, Simon went over to the nearest bed and slowly laid down.

original.gif

Color Ref: FF26BF
Mentioned:
Interactions:

As her childhood friend answered her question she wrote down which character he wanted on her pad of paper, only realizing afterward that she probably didn't need to do that. It would be a hard thing to forget, they had the same name. She only looked up to him as he began to apologize to her, brown orbs scrutinizing every feature of his face.

She looked at him for a long moment, and from what she could tell his apology seemed genuine. Licking her lips and looking down briefly, she decided to just forgive him. It didn't appear like he meant to be so rude to her. And, truthfully, he hadn't done anything technically wrong.

She reached out and slid his planner back over to her, forcing a smile onto her lips. "I would like that copy, yes," She told him as she added her email address underneath her phone number. She looked over his planner again, eyes landing on their current date. He didn't have any appointments, unlike most of his other upcoming days. Without a second thought she wrote Book Report w/ Natalia in the free space, absentmindedly adding a heart as her period.

"I'll be home probably four-thirtyish, I just gotta drop Alex at home after school," She told Atticus as she slid his planner back to him, gaze shifting back up to meet his. "So, don't make any other plans." Her tone had turned friendly, it didn't take much for her to get over her hurt feelings. She wasn't one to hold a grudge over something so small.

"We could honestly do most of it tonight, actually," She added as she went back to flipping through her book. That way Atticus wouldn't have to worry about fitting more time with her into his busy schedule. "Oh! What should we get for dinner?" She asked, looking back to him with an excited expression. That was her favorite part about any study group, getting food.

Alexandria Hunter

Mentioned:Theodore

The playfulness she could hear in his tone surprised her, and it took all of her will power not to snap her head back towards Simon, for fear of giving herself whiplash. She wasn’t quite sure why it seemed to matter so much, but to her it did. Maybe there was a part of Alex that felt or thought her childhood best friend hated her or wanted nothing to do with her since they went their separate ways.

“So…you might still have gotten lost?” Alex slowly spoke up, a tiny smile tugging at the corner of her lips at the thought. How she missed stupidly joking about things or not being afraid of rambling for fear that someone is just going to tell her to shut up. Being “popular” isn’t all that is cracked up to be.

Noticing the form of the nurse, she petite female quickly stepped to the side, making sure not to get in the way of the lady who was doing her job. Shifting her backpack, her gaze drifted around, taking in the other bed, to the box filled with epi-pens, moving to the sink nearby, whatever her eyes landed on. The sound of someone throwing up signaled that time with the nurse was up and she quickly hurried out of there.

“Truthfully, I can’t really remember the nurse ever being this busy.” Alex commented as she eased herself down into the chair near Simon’s bed.

Truth be told, there was a sort of comfort that the male emitted. Which was strange to her since they hadn’t talked in so long, and yet she found his presence comforting.

Though trying to talk to him was a bit awkward. As much as she wanted to strike up conversations, she wasn’t quite sure what to talk about or where to start. “Uhm…” The small word slipped past her lips, different topic ideas running through her mind. What could they possibly talk about?

“You excited to be a senior?” Almost immediately, Alexandria was mentally slapping herself on the forehead for settling on something so trivial. He probably was, after all who wasn’t excited to graduate and move on with their lives? Move on to something bigger and better outside of a small little high school bubble.

With her hands in her lap, she fiddled with her fingers, briefly glancing at the male laying down before her gaze flitted back to her hands. Her gaze then shifted up to the clock on the wall, taking in the time and noting there was about forty five minutes left of class. She racked her brain for other things she could talk about with him, but there was also a part of her that was thinking it would be best to just get up and leave him be. After all, it wasn’t like they were really friends anymore…even though she would love to rekindle what they once had.

Atticus Miller

Mentioned: N/A

I am not perfect

He felt a small wave of relief rush through his body. Oh good, she seemed to have forgiven him. He made a mental note to keep his “mature” persona, as his father would call it, in check. This was high school, and though it may call upon business interactions sometimes, there were other times when he needed to just be a kid.

Not that he really knew how to do that to begin with but that was an issue to sort out later. All he needed to do was keep his head down and stay out of trouble until he graduated and then he could move on and take another step in the direction of taking over the company.

Taking the planner back, he returned the forced smile with another forced smile, albeit awkward, one of his own. “I will get that to you when it is finished.” He gave a nod of his head, hazel hues reading over the email and phone number once more. Just as he was about to put it away, Natalia quickly jotted down Book report w/ Natalia, in the free space. He watched silently as she drew the period in the shape of a heart. How strange, was that something people normally did?

“Alex, right…” He muttered, picturing the redheaded girl he constantly saw over at his neighbor’s house. Though they were no longer best friends, it was nice to see that Natalia was happy, or at least appeared to be, and that she had made other friends. “I can do that, I will make sure to keep it open for four-thirtyish.”

“Dinner?” A look of curiosity passed over Atticus’s features, his eyebrows scrunching together in the middle. “Is that what people do when they work in a group project?” He questioned, leaning forward a bit and whispering. “I was unaware that was something people did when they studied.” Then again if they were going to aim to finish most of the project by the end of tonight then maybe that wasn’t such a bad idea. Not to mention most of the groups he worked with never came over to his house. They sometimes made comments about how they couldn't make it, or they flat out just told Atticus to do all the work himself. His mind started to sort through all the possibilities of food. “Hmmm what do people usually eat for dinner when they study?”

PertinentMessyBelugawhale-max-1mb.gif

Interactions: Alexandria

Simon was struck with surprise when Alex came over to sit beside him. What was she doing? Why was she doing it? His eyebrows knit together as his brain tried to sort it out. He paid no mind to her comment on how busy the nurse was. In fact, he hardly even heard her.

As he laid there, staring over at her, Simon recognized the unmistakable ques that she was uncomfortable. She could hardly maintain eye contact with him, and was obviously struggling to find something to talk about. So, what was she still doing here? Eventually Alex landed on asking him about his excitement level regarding graduation.

After a moment's hesitation, Simon answered, "More excited to just get out of this place." Being a senior meant nothing to him, really. He wasn't at the top of the food chain, he still had lot's of schoolwork to do. For him, senior year was just like any other year. The only difference was that it would be his last.

It dawned on him that she probably couldn't relate. She was beautiful and popular, which lead him to the belief that Alex thoroughly enjoyed high school.With her social status, who wouldn't? At least, he hoped she did. She deserved to have fun and enjoy herself. She had such a kind heart. If her sitting here, out of her comfort zone, with him just because he was hurt didn't prove that, he could think of a long list of other things that would.

Simon realized silence had fallen over them again, and he contemplated what to do about this. He could ask her about her school year, she was a Junior now. As he was trying to decide how to proceed, Simon noticed Alex glance over at the clock. This caused his chest to burn, though he didn't understand why. Of course she wanted to leave, why would he have expected anything else? Her kind heart could be so misleading for the teenage boy.

"You, uh," Simon began, wanting to pick his words wisely as not to hurt her feelings. "You... don't have to stay here with me. I'll be fine, really. Though, I do appreciate you helping me here... thank you." He didn't want Alex to feel held hostage in the nurses room with him. She probably had somewhere else to be, anyways.

original.gif

Mentioned: Caitlin, Daniel
Interactions: Atticus

Natalia couldn't hide the confused expression that took over her face as Atticus asked about dinner. Had he never been to a study party before? Actually, now that she thought of it, she didn't often see people over at his house. But, even if Atty wasn't the one hosting, surly he went out sometimes. Right?

"Food is good for the brain," Natalia stated, still taken aback by his surprise of the topic. After a moment of silence, she added, "We can just do pizza, it's easy. What do you like on yours?" Natalia pulled out her phone and opened up a note tab to take his order. She'd probably put it in a little after they got together later on.

After jotting down what Atticus liked on his pizza, Natalia saved the tab and switched over to Snapchat. She turned her volume down, clicking on her the first of her friend's stories. It started off with one of her friends, Caitlin, whining about going to school today. Then, it turned into a montage of hallway pictures where she complained about how slow freshman moved. Natalia clicked through, until she came across a picture of Caitlin and Natalia's boyfriend, Daniel.

They took a simple selfie together, with Caitlin's arms draped over Daniel's shoulders. The caption read, "The only guy who makes this class worth going to!" Though, Natalia didn't really read the caption. A frown pulled at her lips as she stared at the photo for a moment longer, and then locked her phone and gently sat it face down.

Brown eyes drifted up towards Atticus, and the young girl shook away her frown. "Have you read To Kill a Mockingbird before?" She asked, realizing that sitting in silence might be awkward for him.

Alexandria Hunter

Alexandria drummed her fingers on her thigh, her teeth catching on her lower lip as she looked for something to fill the silence. It only seemed natural that she would struggle trying to make conversation right? After all, it wasn’t like they talked everyday.

Though she wished they did. She missed those late night chats, though they were young, and the times she felt she could go to him when it felt like no one else was on her side. Simon seemed to understand her in ways others couldn’t, at least it felt like that to her. She wasn’t so sure if that was the case anymore, but he still had a comforting presence.

Hearing him speak up, she nodded her head. That’s right. Even though she knew he was a senior, the realization that he’d be leaving dawned on her. The friendship and closeness they had was gone and it seemed that no matter how hard to tried to gain it back, even if she tried, time wasn’t on her side.

She also wasn’t naive enough to think that if she did try, Simon would willingly jump back into possibly being her friend. Silence fell upon them again and the redheaded female wracked her brain for more things they could possibly talk about. “You, uh,” She shifted her gaze to look at him, and her eyes widened ever so slightly as he continued. Did he not want her here? Was this too awkward for him? “Oh, uhm…” She looked down at her lap and gave a small shake of her head. “No, yeah of course. It wasn’t a problem at all.” Alexandria glanced up and gave him a tiny smile as she grabbed her bag and awkwardly stood up. Guess it was time to go.

Heading towards the door she was just about to pass through until she paused. It wouldn’t hurt. It honestly wouldn’t hurt to try. “Actually,” She turned to face Simon. “I was kind of hoping I could stay?” She offered another little smile, albeit awkward. “I mean, I understand if you’d want to be alone, and feel free to just tell me that, but I was just kind of, uh…” Briefly her eyes flickered towards the ceiling and reminding herself to take a deep breath before returning her gaze back to her old best friend. “I was also maybe hoping we could catch up? I know this is awkward, so again feel free to say no, I won’t be hurt, but it would be kind of nice to catch up possibly?” The ending sounded more like a question than an offer, but at least she was trying and in her book that was an A+

Atticus Miller

Mentioned: His Father

I am not perfect

Atticus watched a confused expression pass over Natalia’s face and that alone was enough to confuse him even more. Had he said something weird? Did he do something weird? He retraced his thought process, going over anything that might have seemed out of the ordinary.

“Ah yes, I do believe you are right.” He nodded in agreement, tilting his head to the side. “Pizza?” That word alone brought back memories and a flicker of a smile ghosted over his features. “I cannot remember the last time I had pizza, maybe sometime when I was over at your place when we were younger?” He leaned back to tap his chin before realizing now was not the time to be taking a walk down memory lane. “Oh, my apologies. I think I like pineapple pizza? Though I know that is not a food combination most like, so cheese is also good.”

He watched as she jotted down what he liked before switching over to Snapchat. This time he shifted his gaze away, not wanting to pry into her life. It wasn’t his right, plus it would be rude to just be looking over her phone while she was using it. Instead he thought back to one of the few times he was allowed to have fun, the last few times he was allowed to have junk food or food that wasn’t ordered from an expensive place. And when he thought about it, he couldn’t really remember the last time he was allowed to just be a kid.

Glancing out of the corner of his eye he noticed the small frown tugging at the corner of Natalia’s lips and he couldn’t help but wonder what made her smile vanish. He always did love her smile growing up. It made him feel like his days were carefree and he didn’t have a strict father waiting for him at him. Shifting his gaze away, Atticus found himself lost in his own thoughts once more until Natalia pulled him out of it.

“I have, I think if I remember correctly I read it when I was maybe in sixth or seventh grade?” Leaning forward and resting his chin in the palm of his hand he looked at the girl before him. “What about you? Have you read it before?”

LeftBlushingArrowcrab-small.gif

Interactions: Alexandria, Nurse

As Simon watched Alexandria gather her things he felt sad, but also more at ease. This seemed more natural. They weren't close enough to even make small talk, there was no reason for her to stick around. She'd done her kind deed. His brown eyes followed her as she headed for the door, smiling kindly to her. Even as she left him she was so nice about it, though he couldn't help but feel like he may have upset her. It must have been something he said, even though he had tried to be so gentle with the way he worded things.

Then, something unexpected happened. Alex turned around at the door, asked if she could stay with him. The teenage boy suddenly became extremely aware of his heartbeat, he could feel it pounding in his chest. Was it always this fast? Simon swallowed hard and then smiled at her nervously.

"Uh, yeah," He began, nodding his head a little more eagerly than he meant to. "Yeah... that would be, nice." His smile grew wider with excitement. He could feel himself behaving like an idiot, and yet he couldn't wipe his silly expression off of his face. Get it together, he thought to himself desperately. Simon didn't want Alex to see how excited he was about her sticking around. Though, he couldn't help but wonder why she would even want to...

Thankfully, the nurse popped back into the room at that moment. Simon felt incredibly relieved as the nurse asked, "You doing okay?"

Clearing his throat, Simon nodded to her. "Yes, thank you. I think I'm going to stick around for a while," Simon told her, shifting to make himself more comfortable on the nurses bed.

The nurse smiled warmly to him. "Alright, I'll be in my office. Let me know before you leave and I'll write you a pass," She said, to which Simon nodded. His gaze followed her as she crossed the room to her little office, noticing that she kept her door open as she sat at her desk. Likely so she would notice if another student came to visit.

Slowly, Simon's brown eyes drifted back to Alex. Awkwardly, the teenage boy shifted again to sit up and make room for her before reaching out and patting the empty space he had made for her. He hoped it came off as friendly as he had meant it to be.

tenor.gif

Interactions: Atticus

It was no surprise that Atticus had previously read the book, she had suspected he read and, probably, enjoyed it. It only made sense, considering how eager he had been to reserve the book. Plus, Atticus had always been the over-achiever, he'd likely already read most of the books that would be required in their high school curriculum.

"Yes, a few years ago," Natalia responded, picking up her book and flipping through the pages. "Not my favorite, though. I'll probably just read the Sparknotes to refresh my memory." It was nice that they had both already read the book, it would help them get the project done in a timely matter. Which she was sure Atticus would appreciate, considering his busy schedule.

Natalia looked up towards the clock, realizing they still had some time left in the class. She then looked around the room. It seemed like most of the other groups were using this time to collaborate and figure out their plan. But, she and Atticus had already done this. Still, she didn't want to just sit there quietly while they waited for class to end.

So, Natalia cleared her throat and looked to Atticus again. "How have you been?" She asked, hoping that they could just fall in to comfortable conversation. It used to be so easy for them, what happened to that? "Most the time when I see you, you're leaving with your dad. And always dressed nice... you go on his business trips and stuff with him, don't you?"

She hoped this would prompt him to tell her about what he was doing lately. About his meetings, what he's been up to with the company. She was truthfully very curious. Growing up, it had always been clear Atticus would be expected to take over the business, but it didn't always seem like he was looking forward to it. She hoped he enjoyed it now, since he was putting so much time into it. It would be such a shame for him to waste his youth away on something he didn't truly want.

• Love

Alexandria Hunter

Color ref 03A89E

A hard no was the answer that Alexandria was expecting, however she was treated with an eager head nod and a smile that caused her stomach to flip. She felt relief spread through her body, and she slumped forward a bit. This time a genuine smile stretched across her features with ease, and before she could say anything ( probably for the best ), the nurse came in to check on the boy. Standing up straight she watched the older female before she took her seat in her office and the red head let her hazel hues shift back to the male who was patting the spot next to him.

Mentally telling herself to calm down she set her bag down and sat in the open spot besides Simon. She racked her brain, looking for something she could latch onto and just talk about. The only thing that came to mind though was simply pleasantries and small talk.

She wanted so much more than that though. She wanted to be able to tell him anything, the thoughts that plagued her mind recently, anything.
Alexandria did not want to sit and discuss how the weather was, how his family was, though she did care for them. “How’s your mother?” The questioned jumped out of her mouth before she could stop it.

“Is she doing well? She looks like she’s doing well.” She offered a faint smile before realizing what she said could have been taken as wrong. “That’s not to say I just creepily look out my window and wait for her or anything. That would be weird, and wrong and…” She trailed off, biting her lower lip and scratching the back of her head.

“Wow, I remember when we used to be so close that small talk wasn’t really a thing and the only reason I rambled was because I was trying to explain an awful thought process and not because things were awkward.” In her mind this was just going downhill Shut up, shut up, shut up, she shouted at herself mentally, trying in vain to get her mouth to stop working, but it did the opposite. “Not saying you’re awkward, it’s me, you’re totally cool. And I really haven’t let you get in a word edge wise…” Letting out a long groan she let her head fall into her hands, hiding her face. Way to go idiot.

Atticus Miller

Color ref 36648B

I am not perfect

“I must admit, sometimes it is a hard book to take a liking to.” Atticus admitted as his eyes scanned over the cover. Knowing that Natalia had already read it put him a bit at ease as well. That meant she’d have a general understanding of what was going on, not that he didn’t have faith in her to begin with.

Flipping through his planner he refreshed himself of some of the upcoming events and things he had to do for the next week. He bit back a sigh, already feeling exhaustion start to settle into his bones. Gods, he was only seventeen and he already felt this weary. There was something wrong with that, at least he felt so. Shouldn’t he feel weary from having too much fun and making stupid choices, not from reading paper after paper about different companies? He didn’t know.

Hearing her pipe up, something he honestly thought wasn’t going to happen, Atticus redirected his attention back to his neighbor. “I have been well,” he pursed his lips, a frown tugging at the corner of his lips at the mention of his father. “I do. There are same days I have to miss school for it, but those are usually the days when I am not missing anything important.” He ran a hand through his hair.

“How are you doing?” He questioned. “You are on the cheer team, correct? It seems like it is a lot of fun.” Atticus gave a tilt of his head, shifting in his seat so that he could sit up just a tad bit straighter. There were so many more questions that he wanted to ask, and yet at the same time he chose to take those questions and lock them away. They weren’t friends anymore and after this project she probably won’t want anything more to do with him. Atticus deemed it best if he didn’t bombard her questions and the hope that they can be friends once more; even if he wanted to.