2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
yujie-li-matte-painting3.jpg

CHARACTER INDEX

RULES
--------------------
All Iwaku rules apply
Please, no drama in the OOC
Please refrain from IRL political/Religious discussion or other 'hot topics'. It makes me uncomfortable.
I, as GM, have final work on disputes. This includes on if a character is too OP.
Please be reasonable in your powers and your actions in combat (See combat rules below)
If you have a problem, question, or request, please let me know in OOC or PM!
---------------------------------------
POSTING REQUIREMENTS
-------------------------------------------
Please post at least once a week, more often is very much preferred. One post per GM post in most cases
Please do your best with spelling and grammar, it needs to be at least legible.
Please at least one paragraph per post. Do your best to help move the scene forward with your posts
Please do not fill pages with interactions between only two characters. Be respectful of those who can post less often.
----------------------------------
In the urban sprawl of Xenonia, tech has flourished alongside the inception of Neocasting. Utilizing the flow of Nenergy and technology, a near-utopic state has been achieved for anyone able to keep up. Monorail trains ferry people from place to place, raised walkways crisscross above the ground - the higher one's status in life, the higher they live in the skyscrapers that Xenoites call home. And thus the more lavish their lifestyle.

To those who fall through the cracks, they live in the squalor of the lower levels. Below the lowest walkway are the slums, where the dregs of dregs live. To crawl up from ground levels is nearly unheard of, and many in the slums relegate themselves to an existence of always almost enough, but never quite enough.

Firearms have been outlawed in Xenonia, and are the tools of criminals with no regard for human life. The tools of violence in this city are swords, spears, axes, the weapons of old. And among the most skilled in law enforcement, and the most skilled in these weapons, are the Neoknights. Neoknights are chosen from the most promising of Law Enforcement recruits, trained in secret weapon arts as well as investigative skills. Those with the inborn aptitude are taught to harness their energy into Neocasting, becoming Mageknights. Neoknights of all kinds are the highest honored warriors, and are given much adoration by the people for keeping them safe and solving crimes.

In the underbelly of Xenonia, something grows. Crime has become more common on the higher levels, and whispers of a full-on rebellion against the system have reached the ears of high command. This worrying development will soon become the forefront issue of Xenonia, and thus the conflict facing our characters.

Xenonia is an urban sprawl that covers a majority of the planet that shares the same name. Buildings sprout from the ground and scrape the sky. Walkways crisscross between them, while monorails and shuttles act as transport. The higher one lives in a residential building, and the higher one is stationed at their work, the higher their status.

The dregs of dregs live on the ground floor, where they live a relativly meger existance. To crawl from this is rare but not unheard of. This is also purported to be where the rebellion first took root.

The most elite law enforcment in this firearm-forbidding city are called the Neoknights. There are three classifications of Neoknight: Enforcer, Shinobi, Battlemage

Neoknight Enforcer: An Enforcer is a powerhouse, the frontline. They are the ones who charge through the door to make an arrest.

Neoknight Shinobi: A Shinobi is fast and agile, using lighter weapons and mobility. They are the ones sneaking in the back door to prepare the field.

Neoknight Battlemage: A Battlemage is more rare, and are those born or augmented with the ability to Neocast. Trained to utilize the Nenergy in their bodies, they fight as Enforcers or Shinobis depending on their specialty

Nenergy and Neocasting are the names given to the newly rediscovered mana and magic. Most utilizations of Nenergy and Neocasting are found in technology such as the magnetic rails of the monorails, or the special weapons used by Neoknights and otherwise found in the black market.

Some people are born with Nenergy natively inside their bodies, able to Neocast without any augmentation. The surgery does exist to augment a person with Nenergy, but should they be incompatible they are very likely to die.

In most cases, combat will be handled like so:
1- GM Post introducing combat
2- Player Posts stating their combat actions
3- GM Post stating what each action deals
Repeat 2-3 as needed
There may be exceptions, such as with weak enemies where I will allow a number to be killed per character per post.

Often I will allow the group the chance to deal executions in style. If a certain person is granted an execution, please don't steal it unless they offer it up IC or an OOC accord is reached.

Alright, question, what weapons do each class have? Also, can Neoknights come from all walks of life, such as the slums, or is that a no? And just one character per person, right?

consider me interested. Also yeah, I'm also interested in what chaos asked. I was thinking of a character who's a Battlemage Shinobi that came from the slums but was able to climb due to a natural affinity for Nenergy and Neocasting

additionally, if multiple characters were allowed then I'd also be interested in a villain dynamic with that other person that mentioned they were interested in playing that over in the Interest Check

@chaosheart13 @Lore Magus

Weapons for enforcers are generally heavier, Shinobi usually use more agile weapons. There's no real hard limits beyond that

Neoknights can come from the slums, but generally it's less common. More often they are recruited by a Neoknight rather than from the Law enforcement test sending them there - only because it's harder for a slummer to join Law Enforcement because of how the upper echelon have structured things.

Does that make sense?

additionally, if multiple characters were allowed then I'd also be interested in a villain dynamic with that other person that mentioned they were interested in playing that over in the Interest Check
One character with possible exceptions. Like, for example, you have a main character and a possible villain side-character? We'd need to figure out PvP rules in this case...

Weapons for enforcers are generally heavier, Shinobi usually use more agile weapons. There's no real hard limits beyond that

Neoknights can come from the slums, but generally it's less common. More often they are recruited by a Neoknight rather than from the Law enforcement test sending them there - only because it's harder for a slummer to join Law Enforcement because of how the upper echelon have structured things.

Does that make sense?

One character with possible exceptions. Like, for example, you have a main character and a possible villain side-character? We'd need to figure out PvP rules in this case...

A bit yes, but...what weapons do Battlemages have? Staffs? Wands? Swords? Wants a battlemage with a sword.

That makes sense. What if it was someone who lived in the slums and whose potential got noticed by a Neoknight while they were running an operation, and that led to the character being recruited?

One character with possible exceptions. Like, for example, you have a main character and a possible villain side-character?
Yeah, having a villain side-character is along the lines of what I was thinking

Does that make sense?

A bit yes, but...what weapons do Battlemages have? Staffs? Wands? Swords? Wants a battlemage with a sword.
Battlemages don't have a real weapon type, they use whatever their Enforcer/Shinobi would use

Also, I should say that I don't want too many Battlemages. (Should maybe also say if you were born or augmented

That makes sense. What if it was someone who lived in the slums and whose potential got noticed by a Neoknight while they were running an operation, and that led to the character being recruited?
That's possible, yes

Possible, along with @Glass

I will also say that neither side is actually evil, they just want different things. But Villain characters I might want to be actually just.. like villains, not in the grey. Does that make sense? Not set in stone, mind you

Reactions: Glass

Does that make sense?

Battlemages don't have a real weapon type, they use whatever their Enforcer/Shinobi would use

Also, I should say that I don't want too many Battlemages. (Should maybe also say if you were born or augmented

That's possible, yes

Possible, along with @Glass

I will also say that neither side is actually evil, they just want different things. But Villain characters I might want to be actually just.. like villains, not in the grey. Does that make sense? Not set in stone, mind you

Gotcha, thanks again!

Thanks, sounds good!

how do Nenergy and Neocasting stand out vs traditional ideals of magic? did you have any distinct vision for it in mind for us to consider?

how do Nenergy and Neocasting stand out vs traditional ideals of magic? did you have any distinct vision for it in mind for us to consider?
Honestly I feel like there should be *something* to distinguish it, but I can't think of anything. Help?

having a hard time picturing what kind of powers to have without a clear idea of how you feel Nenergy would be used. Have you figured anything out for it yet?

Nenergy sounds like a type of energy or negative energy; so bolts of electricity and waves of energy and stuff? Project magnetic fields and such maybe?

Well, seeing as how nenergy is utilized for things like thew monorails I think I said, something regarding electricity makes sense. So yeah, probably blasting bolts, waves, etc of an energy similar to electricity. Impulses, possibly manipulation/hacking?

another question: I noticed that there are ranks in the CS outline, so I was wondering how teams/squads would be set up. Would it be anything similar to Fire Force or similar? What would typically be the rank of someone in charge of a squad or company or so on?

Would it be anything similar to Fire Force or similar?
I'd need that to be explained.

The letter grades I was thinking of having be the 'ranking' of their skills, but now I wonder if it would be more interesting to be a 'danger' class. So, for example, with the line-skirting hacker that I was going to have Jendon be, he's a C-grade because he could, for example, hack into the governmental systems. But he wouldn't without a reason, due to his moral code. The higher their grade, the higher their danger to the people/status quo, and thus the more oversight and consideration they incur and the less likely they will be sent on normal jobs.

I would say that, as a rookie, Jendon needs an officer mentor. And then we might need a detective to lead the squad, or just a squad of officers.

Does that all make sense?

Would it be anything similar to Fire Force or similar?
I'd need that to be explained.

The letter grades I was thinking of having be the 'ranking' of their skills, but now I wonder if it would be more interesting to be a 'danger' class. So, for example, with the line-skirting hacker that I was going to have Jendon be, he's a C-grade because he could, for example, hack into the governmental systems. But he wouldn't without a reason, due to his moral code. The higher their grade, the higher their danger to the people/status quo, and thus the more oversight and consideration they incur and the less likely they will be sent on normal jobs.

I would say that, as a rookie, Jendon needs an officer mentor. And then we might need a detective to lead the squad, or just a squad of officers.

Does that all make sense?
makes sense to me! To others; I was already discussing with Mythy for my character to be Jendon's mentor and that's why he mentioned it ^-^