Neko's FIght Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Night snapped out of her dreary daze as she looked at Adint. it took her a moment to answer. "Yea... Just a little lost in old memories I guess." Night begin to slowly walk past him towards the room before she stopped. "Hey... She spoke to me and I finally got a name out of her." Night smiled softly as she let the name roll off her tongue. The name as light and as beautiful as the owner it's self. "Aria. Try talking to her. I'm pretty sure she wants to thank her hero."

Adint watched Night closely and gave a small nod, "Okay ... I'll talk to you more later though ..." He whispered turning away from the girl, "Making sure that's okay and all ..." He whispered softly, shaking his head a small bit as he walked into the other room. He watched Aria closely and offered a small smile. "Hey ..." He said gently, watching her closely, he sat down beside her and looked into Aria's eyes. "How are you feeling?"

She cocked her head gently to the side, watching him now, she gave a small smile, "I'm fine, my name is Aria." She gave a tight lipped smile, "And you?" She asked, now standing and moving away from him. Slightly uncomfortable by his closeness.

He leaned back as she moved away, "It's Adint ..." He said, and gave a small nod, "Don't worry though, were safe for now ... no one know's were here ..." He said, watching the small girl as she went to the corner.

"Thanks or saving me and all ..." She said, "But I have some stuff I want to think on." She said and turned her head away.

He gave a small nod, "Well ... um, I'll be on the couch if you need me and all ..." And with that he left.

Night came into the room with the blankets. She looked at Aria in the corner and said nothing. Instead she laid the blank on the floor and ordered the tiny girl to lay down and sleep. Aria sat there for a moment but slowly got up and did as she was told. Night placed a blanket under her head and then covered her with the remaining blanket. After that she got up and whispered a quiet "Goodnight." She thought the girl didn't hear but as she was closing the door a tiny voice returned the favor. "Goodnight Night." Night went down stairs to see Adint. She thought to herself with these people around this place almost feels alive again...

Adint laid on the couch and watched Night as she descended the stairs, he looked at her and gave a small nod, his face not showing any sign's of emotion, not yet anyways, he didn't like talking to people all too much, those he didn't know, but this was different, after a moment of the strange silence he patted the spot beside him and sat up, now offering a kind smile. He flipped on the television, the news showed Neko's being beaten, which was a common day occurrence. He quickly changed the channel to something more moderate, some cartoons. He gave a small sigh, "At least the kids still have a good view of the world ..." He whispered softly, children were not corrupted to harm neko's until their teenage years.

Night returned the smile as she sat beside him. She still wasn't sure how to be around him though. So instead she gave him two blankets. "Here." Night looked down at her hans as he talked before she responded. "But the adults are even worse than the teenagers. I'm sure even you can agree with that." She slowly stole a glance at Adint, taking in how he looked. "Where you from?"

Adint turned his head to her, "Came all the way from Florida ... it was beautiful ..." He whispered softly and then gave a small shake of his head. "And you if I may ask? Where are you from?" He asked watching Night closely, he turned the TV volume lower and watched her closely.

Night smiled brightly, unable to contain herself as she spoke of her far off home. "I am from Alaska. I was born there and raised there a good couple of years of my life. It was beautiful. A land of snow and ice." Before Night realized it she had begun to giggle.

Adint gave a small nod, "Alaska eh?" He asked, and then gave a small chuckle at her giggling, "Sound's fun ... what made you come here then?" He asked, his expression still soft but turning a hint more serious. He looked in her eyes softly, focusing on how she acted, trying to get a good feel of her personality, and the way she did things.

Night's giggle ceased and her face went back to cold and hard. "My sister got sick. Our winter wonderland home was a risk against her fragile health. I wonder if we broke her heart doing that..." Night was almost lost in her own world. It was so easy to get lost in her memories. They were haunting but they were all she had now. It was easy to see the pain on her face.

Adint looked into Night's face and gave a soft nod, he wrapped one arm gently around her and gave her back a soft pat before releasing. "I see ..." He whispered softly and shook his head small bit, "Sorry ..."

His small touch seemed to bring Night out of her state. She stared at his blue eyes half tempted to return the touch but instead gave a soft small as if to say thank you for the comfort. Night was beginning to almost like Adint which was hard for her to like people since she normally pushed them away. "What about you? What happened to you?"

Adint stayed silent forca moment, "I was ..." He thought of a good way to put it, "Taken away ... when I was a small boy." He whispered softly, "My parents ... they weren't so lucky ..." He gave a small sigh and pulled a golden locket out, it held a picture of all of them inside. "But I managed to eacape ..."

Night lightly placed her hand on his shoulder. Understanding all to well of losing the ones you love in this world. "I'm sorry for your loss." She sat quietly for a moment trying to think of comforting words to say. "But at least they still live on in your mind and heart... right?" Night was a little frustrated at herself for what she felt was a lack of sympathy and ability to comfort a fellow in need. Mentally she smacked her forehead but physically she was just frowning softly.

He looked up to her, his eyes were soft, and not judging. He gave a small nod, listening to her word's, "Yeah ... I suppose your right." He whispered softly, he cocked his head gently to the side, and then turned away from her face. "Night ..." He whispered gently, laying his head down on his pillow, facing the wall.

She nodded her head softly and silent got up. Taking to blankets with her as she went back upstairs to sleep next to Aria. AS Night laid down and looked across to the tiny sleeping Neko she only had one thought in mind. "I will protect her. This time I'll make amends." Night drifted off to sleep with peaceful dreams. Something she had thought no longer existed. But was happy to see they still do.

Adint woke up early that morning and wandered around the house for a few moments, trying to see if he could find anything interesting, after a few moment's he looked out the window and shook his head, "Damn ..." He moved away and then went upstairs, cracking the bedroom open he peeked at the two still asleep and then closed the door to let them rest.

Night hear Adint moving around. In a way she had trained her body to be on edge with new people. When he left the room she opened her eyes slowly allowing her eyes to adjust to the bright beaming lights. Night sat up and stretched her arms and fingers a bit. Letting up a silent yawn before she looked over Aria. She sighed heavy as she spoke to herself. "Well tonight's the night... If I'm gonna be around them they at least deserve to know what their getting themselves into..." Night moved closer to Aria and lightly shook the girls arm. Strains of her blondish brown hair had fallen loose and she murmured to Night softly in that sweet tired child like voice. "Just five more minutes..." Night giggled softly. "Get up sweet pea. I... I need to tell you both something" Aria seemed to sense the importance of the matter and opened her eyes fully. Night got up and and was head to the door. "Met me down in the living room and bring Adint..." She looked one more time at the girl and offered a smile. "And please.. keep an open mind."

Adint looked up as the girl entered the room he was in. "Yes Aria?" He asked softly, watching the girls form as she walked in the room. A small look of satisfaction on his face at being able to find someone else the two of them could stay with ... but ...

Aria smiled softly, "Night want's to talk to us in the living room." She replied softly, putting her finger to her lip as her eyes darted upward in thought.

Adint thought it was a bit cute and couldn't help but chuckle at the tiny girl. "Alright, give me a minute okay?" He whispered softly, watching as the door closed. He gave a small frown and turned his head now, "Hmm ... wonder if there's something on her mind ..." He said, beginning to dress.

Night was pacing back and forth, no doubt wearing the boards thin. She was nervous and it showed. Aria had joined Night and was sitting on the couch watching her almost unravel. Night's mind raced back and forth like her feet and her tail swished wildly through the air. She was biting her thumb, recalling the last time she showed people this form. Aria suddenly not liking the uneasiness that had surrounded Night; suddenly grabbed her black fuzzy tail and tugged lightly. The action shocked Night and made her gasp loudly, sucking in deeply for air before she froze. She looked back at Aria after she caught her breathe. Her cheeks turned beet red and she looked down as she muttered a soft "Sorry.."

Adint came in and saw Night's tail in Aria's hand, he raised an eyebrow quizzically and cocked his head a small bit to the side in unease. "Um?" He shook his thought's away and gave a small shrug, moving past Night he sat down beside Aria and made the girl remove her hand from Night's tail. After that was done he looked at Night, watching her closely, "What is this about?" He asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.