Negai-bu! OVA: The Ferris Wheel Wish (An Hero X Vivian)

Wryneck

Don't jinx it.
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
8 a.m. to 3 p.m. EST
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Modern Fantasy, Fantasy, Psychological, Action, Steampunk
Tick. Tock.
Tick. Tock.

As the seconds passed me by, I smiled towards the door. She'd be here any minute now.

Today marked it as a month.

While that may not seem like an accomplishment to most, to someone like me, it was a long time. The others probably knew that, hence why they'd kept themselves busy for today. Well, minus Fuyo-chan. We really just got lucky with her deciding to stay in the shrine today.

Excitement filled every fiber of my being. She had no idea that no one else would be showing, so having a day off just for us would be a wonderful surprise for her.

I didn't have to wait much longer. Soon, the door slid open, and the one i was waiting for stepped through. "Mi-chan!" I exclaimed, practically jumping out of my seat and rushing over to her with my arms extended. I trapped her in a hug for a few good seconds before releasing her and looking into her eyes. Such beautiful pupils, it was easy to get lost in them.

Skipping the fact that half our group was missing altogether, I jumped right into action.

"Do you know what today is?" I took her hands in my own and beamed a smile.

I stood in the girl's bathroom and fixed my perfectly placed hair, one time, now twice, let's make it a thrice while I'm here. I took a shuddered breath and adjusted the bow on my uniform. For, what I prayed to Fuyomi, was a final time.

It's not like I never liked anyone.

I opened the door to the bathroom and walked down the hallways, carrying myself with a kind of pride. Despite the fact, no one was looking.

It's just I never really cared enough to try for them.

I paused for a moment outside the door of our clubroom and took a deep breath, psychologically preparing myself to greet Chiyo and the rest of the group. I didn't linger too long; I'm sure the shadow of my body was reflecting in the glass, and it would be creepy if I just hung around.

Once I slid open the door, the bob cut cutie took me into a hug, for a moment I hesitated, preparing to throw a chair at Kappa and then return the gesture. Emotions got the better of me though, and I ended up wrapping her in my arms and holding her back for a few seconds when she tried to pull away.

I didn't hear what she was saying; I was too busy admiring her face. I grabbed her cheeks and squished them gently while I nodded along with whatever she said. "Mm, yes, yes, Chi-chan." I didn't realize the literal another half of the club was absent until I looked up. I was usually teased at this point, and the silence had shocked me for a brief moment.

Right, but none of them were Chiyo.

My face lit up as soon as I saw a shadow beyond the glass window of the door, and I struggled to not bumrush the door. Thoughts of rushing up and embracing the wrong person ran through my mind.

I lost myself when the door finally opened though, practically jumping into my girlfriend's arms.

My girlfriend.

I liked the sound of that, so I repeated it to myself several times. "Good morning, Mi-chan! You're as cute as ever!" She pinched my cheeks as she always did in greeting me. As soon as she released me from her warm embrace, I made my attack, stealing a kiss from her lips. The way her face became flushed with red never got old.

It reminds me of that sleepover that seems like forever ago now. Taking her hands into my own, I backed her up into the club room, twirling around only for a moment to shut the door behind us. The way our fingers interlocked so perfectly always made me happy. "It's just us today, Mi-chan, so let's try our hardest today to grant someone's wish!"

While it was doubtful we'd be able to completely grant someone's wish in one afternoon was highly unlikely, I was confident we'd do as much as we could today.

Reluctantly releasing Mi-chan's hands, I went to retrieve the bin full of wishes from the secret storage we kept it in. "I'll leave it to you, Mi-chan!" And so I waited to see what wish we'd be tasked with granting today.