Nefastus Lupata Academy: The Return of TJA

Status
Not open for further replies.
*rakes in all the cookies*

*all your cookies are belong to us*

NUI POSTED :D

And now, I shall wait for Seth's response before posting Nox and Chester's reactions to Mona, Seth and the newly arrived Zix.

Posted again. Now it's back to work in a few minutes.

Okay, Gamer, it seems like Eri just did way too much in one breath....seems a little OP for a human few talismans......especially since it doesn't really make sense how these powers of her's work.

I removed the instant effect of the first two things she done as well as explained how is she doing them. Also made them a significant draw on her power reserves. Hope it is TJA level plausable now.

Last edited:
I'll allow it, but again, it seems a bit ridiculous for a human to summon spirits, create a border and....actually, using a tracking talismans don't sound that difficult....I really don't have any issue with that at all.

Can you give me a brief summary of what powers Eri has, since it seems like right now it seems like she's got magical wildcards, as she just used one to not only create a border, but to cleanse the area of specifically sugar somehow, but also summon a bunch of spirits before anyone even had time to react......in a situation where she chose to act on a whim, no less.

You can do it here or PM me, if you'd rather not reveal her abilities to the world just yet.

This is taken directly from the CS, underline parts are to be noted:
"Eri is a Miko of Ona Shrine marked as a successor to the current head Miko.
This means that she is versed in the following:
Traditional Ona Jinja combat techniques using talismans, blessed items and rituals.
Traditional Unakahi combat forms, primary the Unakahi Devine Naginatajutsu.
The sacred texts of Ona Shirine.
The sacred rites and rituals of Ona Shrine, including long preparation and duration rituals for calling enormous powers from Kami or Kami themselves.
Management skills needed to run a smaller object, like some accounting, storage management, human resources management and so on."

So she can basically do anything as long as she uses an adequate ritual for it. The ones that she specifily used
1. The ones which call upon the Kami of Doors to close the portals and upon various sweet-tooth Kami to eat the fallen stuff. It is a medium level ritual due to not actually materilizing the Kami but just using thier power to do something. But the expanded range (provided with the talismans) makes it a medium level ritual.
2. She simply gathered the nearby Kami to her aid and ordered them to rearange the stuff. Since it involves many Kami actually touching objects it requires more divine energy from Eri.
3. The locator talisma is a simple peace of paper with prayers to the Kami of Truth and Kami of Wind - to find what is looked for and to move to it. Any advanced stealth magic or other supernatural ability will render it useless.

You probably know but Kami are the basic element of Shinto mythology. They are "gods"/"spirits"/"divine spirits" which inhabit everything and control the whole world. By praying to them or by specific rituals it was believed in the Japan of times long past that you cloud control all the aspects of the wrold.

But as a Miko her main job is to bring possitive feelings and things, destroy evil and keep herself pure (by amongst other things, not doing evil or selfish actions).

Okay, so basically they can call upon spirits of all kind to do whatever they want. That makes sense.

However, don't these rituals take time and preparation?

Depends on what you want to do usually bigger (in more than one ways) takes longer to prepare. The same goes with rituals which disrupt the natural order of things. So while moving a pebble just takes a small prayers moving a car takes an actual ritual (altrough short). Even longer takes doing something that heavilly disrupts the order of things like blowing stuff up (stuff not meant to explode like trees). So most rituals take preparation and sometimes even more than one person to be conduted not to metion that doing something completly unatural is even harder.

Note that in this two instances she closed of supernatural portals-completly unatural appereances and removed the sweets that unaturally appeard there. In the case of the things which went flying she asked the Kami to do it for here in the same way a human cloud do it, thous minimaly affecting the natural order of things.

This also points to one of her major strong points - fighting supernatulars since she can seal their abilities with simple sealing talismans. But as long as no one evil crosses her path the major use for her abilities will be restoring what was affected by supernatural powers and limited removal of chaos which bothers or gets into the way of the happiness those which as a Miko is she supposed to serve and protect - all those good people around the world, human or not (Her personal creed is: "I shall make the whole world happy (or at least everyone I know)!".

Your definition of unnatural could be argued here, considering the general nature of the world this roleplay takes place in. In a world where supernatural beings are all over the place, and deities mingle among them at a school, does it really make sense to call other supernatural happenings 'unnatural'?

Note that in this two instances she closed of supernatural portals-completly unatural appereances and removed the sweets that unaturally appeard there.

Kay....noooo.....you can't just undo Zix's handiwork, since you have no idea how it works. And the candy was just candy. It wasn't anything magical.

This also points to one of her major strong points - fighting supernatulars since she can seal their abilities with simple sealing talismans. But as long as no one evil crosses her path the major use for her abilities will be restoring what was affected by supernatural powers and limited removal of chaos which bothers or gets into the way of the happiness those which as a Miko is she supposed to serve and protect - all those good people around the world, human or not (Her personal creed is: "I shall make the whole world happy (or at least everyone I know)!".

Are you saying she has the ability to just turn off people's powers with minimal effort? This girl is sounding way OP :T

Tone it down.

Last edited by a moderator:
OKAY.

PEOPLE WHO OWE ME CS'S:

Kaguya
Phantom Zero

PEOPLE WHO HAVE YET TO MAKE A FIRST POST:

Kaga-Kun
Phantom Zero
Akvo
Flames

PEOPLE STILL AWOL:
Noct
Lexa

For those of you who still have characters to bring in, here's the current characters locations if you wish to search for someone to interact with:

MONA, NOX and SETH are all on the grass.

ZIX is descending on a platform above the front yard.

AIACE is somewhere else in the courtyard.

ERI is speaking with CHESTER, who is sitting on the front steps.

OK, maybe saying that a simple seal will work is not actually true. The further away from a human a creature is the harder it is to grasp it's nature and thous it is harder to seal such creatures. Also the seals can be broken with enough physical force or magic.

As for the "unnatural" I am refearing to everything that should not be happening under the physical laws known to mankind - like tankers floating in the air and so on or things created/transported using non-technological means.

Is the grumpy NPC lady who "welcomes" new students still canon?

FUCK I CAN'T BELIEVE I JUST SLEPT TILL 3 O_O

Okay, I need to go run around and make it look like Iv'e done all my chores and have actually been awake before my mom comes home, but I'll be on to read all the posts, reply and answer all questions....just give me like 20-30 minutes! Sorry about this!!!!

It seems the consensus is it is raining candy again.

I am okay with this if Nui is.

Oh. I didn't realize it was supposed to have stopped.

Oh. I didn't realize it was supposed to have stopped.

Gamer's Eri apparently had the power to close all the portals...I guess you missed the big debacle over that.

But no matter. Like I said, the portals could've started again, but that's up to Nui since Zix would have to go about reopening them.

Status
Not open for further replies.