Nefastus Lupata Academy: The Return of TJA

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is that character coming along?

@Gwazi Magnum
Being perfectly honest?

All my creative writing juices got side tracked for the last while because a D&D campaign is getting started.
And with those I have the tendency to go through over a dozen characters before settling on one.
Once that settles down and actually get's going (there by locking me into a character) which should be either this Thursday or Saturday depending on how things go I should be able to divert my creative juices into making a CS for this RP.

Being perfectly honest?

All my creative writing juices got side tracked for the last while because a D&D campaign is getting started.
And with those I have the tendency to go through over a dozen characters before settling on one.
Once that settles down and actually get's going (there by locking me into a character) which should be either this Thursday or Saturday depending on how things go I should be able to divert my creative juices into making a CS for this RP.
Sounds like a thing. While I'm not thinking about the various final projects I have coming due, I'll be looking forward to it.

This is the current state of the chart I use to keep track of how long people have been waiting on any particular person to post.

Player Character Waiting On Played By Since
☆Luna☆ Aria Niniane Kaga-kun 4/2/2015
Kaga-kun Niniane N/A N/A N/A
Kaga-kun Orion N/A N/A N/A
Kaga-kun Jared Leru Kuroku 3/27/2015
Kaga-kun Ex N/A N/A N/A
Kuroku Leru N/A N/A N/A
Kuroku Noel Skyfree Wentrek N/A N/A N/A
Gamer5 Eri N/A N/A N/A
Gamer5 Sayengawa Riyako Noel Kuroku 3/27/2015
Gamer5 Death Orion Kaga-kun 4/8/2015
Gamer5 Niko Interaction N/A 4/8/2015
YamiCuoreLaroux Katsuruga Daiki Eri Gamer5 4/3/2015
Moonteller Ki Interaction N/A 3/25/2015
@gamer5 @Kuroku @MoonTeller @YamiCuoreLaroux @Kaga-kun

If you see that someone has been waiting for you, it might be helpful to send them a reply.

Mentioning it now since I mentioned it in all my other OOC's: I'm leaving for a convention next weekend. And while that means I'll need to be really diligent with schoolwork this week so that disappearing for the weekend won't cause me to get behind, I also plan to do some catch-up stuff in all my RP's, and maybe even some GMing stuff, too.

I hope to post for all the characters I need to post for sometime this week. And I might even place that in slightly higher priority than posting on some of my other threads since it's already been so long since my last post (sorryyyyy). I've also got a bunch of stuff I need to do in regards to GMing this place that I've admittedly been putting off for a long time, like re-working some of the room arrangements and helping @MoonTeller out with figuring out what to do with all his characters. Unfortunately, these are things that I can't guarantee I'll get around to. In fact, I can say that I probably won't with how much is on my plate. Still, thought it would be good to let you guys know that I am thinking about them. Feels good to be transparent and all that.

Name: Tavorth Kilarth
Sex: Male
Race: Dragon
Appearance:
2006-red-dragon-wizard.jpg
Anime-Guys-anime-guys-4883750-1024-.jpg

Personality: Tavorth is a proud Dragon. He was raised under the belief that Dragons are beautiful and magnificent creatures, and that this made them better compared to other creatures. He's not a bigot as a result, but he does expect a certain level of respect and awe from others around him as a result. Interest wise his main hobbies tend to be book reading, fencing and football (actual, not american), but he's generally open to other forms of entertainment as they long as seem to be at least somewhat stimulating, may it be for the body or the mind. Classes he excels in includes History, Magic and Gym, but he tends to struggle in the areas of Math and Science. To other's Tavorth tends to come off as one of two ways, either was a talented and charming guy filled with confidence, or someone with an over-inflated ego who is condescending to others and needs to learn from humility.

History: Tavorth grew up in a pillaged mountain. One that his father had taken from a former Kingdom and occupied ever since. Growing up there Tavorth got few visitors, which left him much time to practice his own skills or study. But much of that time was rather spent leaving the mountain, finding mortals who wandered a bit too close and essentially 'played with his food'. However, his father was a fearsome enough dragon that other magical and supernatural creatures often did not dare come close to his lands, which left Tavorth with rather little exposure to the other kinds of creatures out there other than what he's seen from his books. As he grew up though he showed a innate talent with magic, pyromancy specifically, even in his human form. And his skills had reached a point that his father could no longer train him in the more precise and elegant uses of it. So at the age of 44 Tavorth was sent to the Nefastus Lupata Academy to help him both hone his magical talents, but gain exposure to the other creatures in the world that he could not see much of back at home.

Last edited:
Just posting to let you know I saw this. I'll take a closer look at it later.

Jumping on the con alert train: I'm also going to be very busy until after this weekend. Between rehearsal/fixing everything and school, I might have a bit of a rough time getting on the site. I'll see if I can get anything done during any downtime I have, though. If not, please assume I'm passed out somewhere and will try again once I have regained consciousness/sanity.

Name: Tavorth Kilarth
Sex: Male
Race: Dragon
Appearance:
2006-red-dragon-wizard.jpg
Anime-Guys-anime-guys-4883750-1024-.jpg

Personality: Tavorth is a proud Dragon. He was raised under the belief that Dragons are beautiful and magnificent creatures, and that this made them better compared to other creatures. He's not a bigot as a result, but he does expect a certain level of respect and awe from others around him as a result. Interest wise his main hobbies tend to be book reading, fencing and football (actual, not american), but he's generally open to other forms of entertainment as they long as seem to be at least somewhat stimulating, may it be for the body or the mind. Classes he excels in includes History, Magic and Gym, but he tends to struggle in the areas of Math and Science. To other's Tavorth tends to come off as one of two ways, either was a talented and charming guy filled with confidence, or someone with an over-inflated ego who is condescending to others and needs to learn from humility.

History: Tavorth grew up in a pillaged Castle. One that his father had taken from a former Kingdom and occupied ever since. Growing up there Tavorth got few visitors, which left him much time to practice his own skills or study. But much of that time was rather spent leaving the Castle, finding mortals who wandered a bit too close and essentially 'played with his food'. However, his father was a fearsome enough dragon that other magical and supernatural creatures often did not dare come close to his lands, which left Tavorth with rather little exposure to the other kinds of creatures out there other than what he's seen from his books. As he grew up though he showed a innate talent with magic, pyromancy specifically, even in his human form. And his skills had reached a point that his father could no longer train him in the more precise and elegant uses of it. So at the age of 15 Tavorth was sent to the Nefastus Lupata Academy to help him both hone his magical talents, but gain exposure to the other creatures in the world that he could not see much of back at home.

This is mostly alright, but there seem to be a few issues. Most notably, I feel like the age doesn't exactly line up.

You said that he grew up in a "Castle" which was in a "Kingdom", and those things sound like they imply a sort of medieval setting, though this RP is set in modern day, with the existence of magic and the supernatural being mostly hush-hush amongst humans. So giving Tavorth this sort of backstory might make sense if he was several hundred years old, but since he's only 47, it doesn't quite add up to me.

Additionally, your history also says that he was sent to NLA "at the age of 15", which adds even more confusion as, again, you said he was 47.

And, this isn't exactly a problem so much as something I felt I should clarify if I hadn't already: Classes at NLA are technically optional. You don't have to attend any classes if you don't want to. Lots of students actually don't attend any classes at all, thus making NLA more like a safe-haven for the supernatural than an actual school, which is fine, too.

Lots of students actually don't attend any classes at all, thus making NLA more like a safe-haven for the supernatural than an actual school, which is fine, too.
Safe being a relative term.

This is mostly alright, but there seem to be a few issues. Most notably, I feel like the age doesn't exactly line up.

You said that he grew up in a "Castle" which was in a "Kingdom", and those things sound like they imply a sort of medieval setting, though this RP is set in modern day, with the existence of magic and the supernatural being mostly hush-hush amongst humans. So giving Tavorth this sort of backstory might make sense if he was several hundred years old, but since he's only 47, it doesn't quite add up to me.
Oh... :/
Would a Mountain work?
Additionally, your history also says that he was sent to NLA "at the age of 15", which adds even more confusion as, again, you said he was 47.
Woops, I was thinking in physical/human appearance age there. :/
*Goes to fix*
And, this isn't exactly a problem so much as something I felt I should clarify if I hadn't already: Classes at NLA are technically optional. You don't have to attend any classes if you don't want to. Lots of students actually don't attend any classes at all, thus making NLA more like a safe-haven for the supernatural than an actual school, which is fine, too.
He'd probably be in 'some' classes then.
Why turn down at least some free knowledge?

Oh... :/
Would a Mountain work?

Yeah, that would work.

Woops, I was thinking in physical/human appearance age there. :/
*Goes to fix*

Well yeah, lots of students do take classes for that exact reason. But since you put down "struggles at X and Y", I figured I should point out that no one really needs to pass or even take any classes, in case you weren't aware.

Some might already have the knowledge they need, and would learn more simply roaming around campus. With Gods and all sorts of different races roaming about, the classroom might not necessarily be the best place to learn.

So assuming those are the only concerns with the CS, what's going on in the RP atm so I can get involved?
Yeah, that would work.
kk, I'll go add that in.
Well yeah, lots of students do take classes for that exact reason. But since you put down "struggles at X and Y", I figured I should point out that no one really needs to pass or even take any classes, in case you weren't aware.
Ah.
Then I will gladly avoid those classes like the plague. :P
Some might already have the knowledge they need, and would learn more simply roaming around campus. With Gods and all sorts of different races roaming about, the classroom might not necessarily be the best place to learn.
Like I said, "some" classes. :P

So assuming those are the only concerns with the CS, what's going on in the RP atm so I can get involved?

I plan on sleeping soon, so I can't give you a ton of detail, buuuuut basically, you can just have your dude arrive at the school and try to make it to the main office to register as a student.

This will be complicated by the fact that all the hallways in the school are still scrambled.

I'm sure he'll run into some other free character in the halls soon enough. ;)

However though while you think about that, I should probably give your CS a final look-over before you go on in. I suppose I'll do that in the morning.

Updated the rooms list. Hopefully, with more non-NPC roommate pairs, we should see a bit more interaction.

However, I also feel like there are a number of characters in this RP who never received room numbers at all... bleh, I'll mess with it later.

@MoonTeller -- Did you still need help figuring out what to do with your characters?

However though while you think about that, I should probably give your CS a final look-over before you go on in. I suppose I'll do that in the morning.
*nudge* *nudge*

@Gwazi Magnum -- Eeeeyup, looks good to me!

I'll add you to the OP (or, at least, like... oh you know) and then help you into the IC... at some point.

Actually, if you want to respond to Gamer's most recent intro post, that would work great. Otherwise I suppose you could interact with one of my characters, but I probably won't be able to post for them until after my short hiatus this weekend.

Aye, I didn't forget!

Going back to that now...
You should probably also nudge Noct into actually posting with his character.

@MoonTeller Niko is free for the moment, but I will probably make her move on soon. Anyways if you want you can make Ki interact with her. Or @Gwazi Magnum can do that ... it is first come first served or maybe it will just end up in the three characters interacting?

@Kaga-kun, even after your room rearrangement, Eri is still with Nox, a NPC, I know that Roo said it might return but I doubt that will be anytime soon ... well not like I am complaining or anything but it will leave Eri without a scene partner for her room, and thous probably the best way to peek into the mystery surrounding the Miko.
Well I think that Riyako and Moon will get along without troubles, as they are both pretty much lone wolf characters. As for Deah and Orion ... well there should be no troubles there ... let's just hope that Deah doesn't pick up Orion's bad habits...

I'll probably try to respond to Gamer's most recent intro post then.

Status
Not open for further replies.