Nefastus Lupata Academy: The Return of TJA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Office? is he now the principle?

Headmaster.

Which is incredibly ironic, given the fact that he's human and still isn't even totally comfortable with the idea of a school full of monsters. XD

So @Kuroku, which one were you planning on interacting with?

Well Ill do what i did originally with Leru in 2 and interact with jerad & cookie

do you know what page his last post was on?

or just head to the office

do you know what page his last post was on?

or just head to the office

I haven't posted for him yet at all, actually. I was waiting till I could give him something to do. So yeah, just head towards the office.

Okay, so I completely lost Aiace. I have no idea where he is except for "vaguely wandering around out of his body" at the moment, so it might be a bit before I can post properly for him. I'm going to keep looking to see if I can find the last post I made for him, but I'm pretty sure he's just practically floating through random walls as a 'ghost', so...um...

Okay, so I completely lost Aiace. I have no idea where he is except for "vaguely wandering around out of his body" at the moment, so it might be a bit before I can post properly for him. I'm going to keep looking to see if I can find the last post I made for him, but I'm pretty sure he's just practically floating through random walls as a 'ghost', so...um...

@MoonTeller was wondering if he was still doing anything with you. I guess since you're both still here, you can just pick up where you left off...? Once you find where you left off, anyway.

Unless you both just wanna time skip out of that.

Whatever works, I guess.

@MoonTeller was wondering if he was still doing anything with you. I guess since you're both still here, you can just pick up where you left off...? Once you find where you left off, anyway.

Unless you both just wanna time skip out of that.

Whatever works, I guess.
I'm pretty sure that Seth is still in possession of Aiace's body, if that helps. I think he just brought it to the office?

Niko

Name:
Niko (Niko) Arria Calas Sagar
~ 2050 / Appears in her late teenage years.
Sex:
Female
Class:
Magician, Alchemist & Witch
Race:
Human (Immortal)
Appearance:
laura-73207797959.jpeg

Personality:
Niko usually has a emotionless and cold approach to events and others, but is not a person not to talk. Actually she is quite (in)famous for her poisonous tongue that doesn't spare friend or foe alike. She is also, bellow this colder and harsher outside, quite a normal person, if we exclude her big love for adventure and cats

History:
Niko was born as a daughter of a well-standing Greek family somewhere in Asia Minor during the 1st century BC. Trough she lived her childhood normally, somewhere around her twelfth birthday her parents died and she was orphaned with nowhere to go. Under this circumstances she somehow ended in the hands of a powerful Alchemist that needed a human guinea pig, and Niko, forgotten by the world, was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. The next five years she had to drink various substances, many of which were poisonous, that the Alchemist made in his pursuit of the Philosopher's Stone, in which she used her ability to read, which was kept from the Alchemist, to learn many of the secrets of Alchemy that the Alchemist written down or had in books he found.
As she reached adulthood in all senses she used the accumulated knowledge to create a poison solution and an agent to neutralize it, which she exchanged with one of the Alchemist's that she had to test. Upon bring handed the cup she put the neutralizing agent, a powder, into the potion and drunk it, not knowing that amongst the composition of this powder was a crushed Philosopher's Stone or at least something similar. Upon reacting with the poisonous solution the Philosopher's Stone turned the elixir into a potion that gave her eternal youth when she drunk it, as well as neutralizing the poisonous substances that she had accumulated during the years and granting her resistance against most poisons. Surprised and overjoyed at the result the Alchemist drunk the same potion. Moments later he stopped in his tracks, stood there for a few moments before he fell, dead from the drink he just taken. With her freedom restored Niko set on a journey trough the world and ages.
First she moved to the Levant, to be precise to south Lebanon and lived there for years, learning the rest of the Alchemist's secrets and a few other arts, including the basics of Astrology, Astronomy and Magic. It was during a trip to Jerusalem that she run into an adventure which lead to her moving to Rome. For the first few decades in Rome she refined her knowledge of Medicine, Alchemy and Magic by learning from other people which dwelt in those fields before settling into one of the Roman families for a few decades. After the death of her husband and with no children she meet with a certain mage, a person which called himself "Traveler", a words still unknown and non-existent at that time. With his company she moved to the modern-day French Alps. There with Traveler she learned much about Magic and Alchemy, finally creating her own Philosopher's Stone and perfecting it, but destroyed it, not using it at all, and keeping the knowledge on making it to herself. Centuries passed, Rome fell and the Franks and then French took control of the area in which she settled.
Sometime in the tenth century Niko started to interact with the rest of the world more again, something that was probably a result of her finishing all the Alchemical research that interested her, which lead to her to look for now things to explore. It was during this time that she took/changed another to another surname, Calas, to fit into the establishing Medieval Europe. Now fitting in the newly established society she traveler across modern day southern France and upon coming in contact with various witches, became interested in their crafts and arts. For the next four centuries she traveled across France learning from witches. Then, exhausting the well of knowledge in France she moved to England, going trough Germany to avoid troubles. Upon reaching England she shiftily changed/added another surname, Sagar, and moved to gather knowledge from English witches.
Years passed and the world moved our of the Middle Ages into age of discovery and exploration. But as the world became more active Niko wanted a bit of rest for herself so she married into the family of a baron and settled there for five or six dozens of years before leaving after the deaths of her husband and friends. From there she traveled to and through the newly discovered parts of the world while learning abut the new discoveries that mankind made. From the Americas, over Africa to Asia, Niko traveled the world, her old memory of Traveler resurfaced and made her wonder where the mage was and if the two were to ever meet again. Finally she returned to England a few years before WWI and stayed there reestablishing contact with the descendants of her old witch friends that still practiced witchcraft. As WWI broke out, she moved from London to Edinburgh at first and finally from there to Canada. She spent the inter-war period writing books and publishing them under a pen name. When WWII broke out she moved again, to Boise, Washington, USA. But when the States entered the war she had enough of not getting involved with the conflict and joined the war as a nurse and served trough most of the Pacific War. With the end of the war and the start of the Cold War, she moved to Switzerland, and lived a peaceful life there for years. Finally, upon receiving the invite to NLA, and with her batteries charged for another adventurer she accepted the invitation.

Other:
Trough gifted with eternal youth and considerable resistance to poison, Niko is otherwise as durable as a well-trained (human) athlete.
Her real power are her artifacts and magic powers, backed up with her superb knowledge of Alchemy. She has finished elementary and high school education in Switzerland from 1972-1984. She is a Licensed Practical Nurse in USA. She has dual USA/Switzerland citizenship.

Magic
- Elemental (Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Ice...) magic of basic to intermediate levels.
- Transmutation (changing one material to other) and Transfiguration (changing the shape/form of materials) magic of higher levels. Think changing iron to gold or hydrogen to carbon for the first one and for the second changing several iron ingots into a sword or steel rails into spears.
- Illusion magic of mediocre level, enough to allow herself to appear old when needed or appear invisible in shadows or create magic visual clones.
- Summoning magic of basic level, enough to summon a imp or some other lesser demon/creature.

Artifacts
"Workshop"
A magical construct connected to Niko which has a multiple abilities named "Rooms". Each "Room" (read: ability) has a different strain on the user upon being used. The "Rooms" are:
"Arsenal" - A "Room" which stores weapons and ammunition, allowing the user to create copies of any weapon it has "Stored" into the "Arsenal". The strain of using "Arsenal" is meager, at the level of walking at a moderate pace.
"Forge" - This "Room" allows the user to copy any weapon that it has knowledge about. The better the knowledge about the weapon, the better the reproduction. The "Forge" is a tasking "Room" to use, with a workload about as hard as a running at a mediocre pace, trough the actual burden is dependent on what is being created.
"Warehouse" - "Room" which allows the storage and retrieval of items (but not their copying). "Warehouse" causes little to no fatigue. It also has a function called "Wardrobe" that is used for easy storage, search and changing of outfits.
"Crafts" - Just like the "Forge" this allows the creation of copies, but this time of any item. If the item is in the "Warehouse" or "Arsenal" that is used as basis for the copy, otherwise the same principle as for the "Forge" is valid. "Crafts" strain depends if its used to create or to copy from one of the storing rooms. The first is about as fatiguing as using "Forge" while the second is much less of a strain.
"Gate" - The most powerful of all "Rooms" which allows one to call upon items that no longer exist, or have been lost, in this world like legendary swords or cloaks of invisibility. "Gate" is extremely straining, draining much stamina from the user, almost like an all-out sprint.
"Calculus" - This "Room" allows for complex calculations to be carried out at the speed that would shame most computers. Causes light to non-existed fatigue for the user.
"Reactor" - Special "Room" which is a magical reactor of a output several magnitudes above Niko's. It provides power for the "Workshop" but can be also used as an emergency source of magical power (trough this is not recommended as it was not designed for that).
The "Workshop" was created by Niko and Traveler working together, trough the most important part and most powerful ability (magical construction, "Reactor" and "Gate") are Traveler's work with Niko creating the procedures for storing, copying and creating objects and weapons.

"Three Crosses"
Three Cross-shaped artifacts that are attached to a ring. Used to store reserves of magical power for use when needed. Each holds roughly the same amount of magical power as a quarter of Niko's full capacity. They can also be used to absorb weaker spells (up to intermediate strength). Niko build them herself.

"Enchanted Clothing"
The standard outfit that Niko wears (the one in image provided), enchanted with protection against magic, curses, divine and material (physical) attacks of intermediate strength. Also has a slow self-repair function (the clothing will slowly repair itself using ambient magical power), the ability to stop bleeding of the wearer and protect from biological/chemical attacks. Roughly provides the protection equal to modern Kevlar vests against physical attacks. Niko has stronger clothing in the "Warehouse" for use but none with such a wide variety of protections and functions in one package. The robes were made by Traveler and straightened by Niko later on.

Abilities

"Eyes of Niko"
Born as a combination of alchemical experiments by the Alchemist, Niko herself and the influence of the Philosopher's Stone, Niko's eyes not only changed their colors into their current one but became able to "see" magic, or to be precise the distribution of magical power and its flow. This allows her to for example, find source of barriers, recognize between magicians and ordinary humans or simply direct her magic more efficiently towards the goal she is aiming to achieve.

X-X-X

Will be waiting for feedback/approval.

A few quick issues/questions;
She has finished elementary and high school education in Switzerland from 1972-1984.

I was going to ask how she managed to get through a full 12 years of school without anyone noticing that she never aged (or that she started as a teenager), but you mentioned her being able to use illusion magic later on, and said that could make her look older — I'm assuming she can use it to appear younger, too?

I then realized, though, that starting all the way back in elementary school doesn't make a ton of sense and doesn't seem completely necessary. I feel like, having lived as long as she has, she'd have gained enough knowledge about the world to enter school at a high school or maybe even middle school level (or whatever the Swiss equivalents of those are) and be just fine.

I'm also a bit confused about her "Workshop" and how it is a "magical construct attached to her". Does this mean it's a physical object? Or is it just something made up of magical energy (for lack of a better term) that she can control with her mind?

Also, the "Rooms" that allow her to store objects — are those essentially like hammerspace, allowing her to pull items out of thin air? Or is there something else going on?

I was going to ask how she managed to get through a full 12 years of school without anyone noticing that she never aged (or that she started as a teenager), but you mentioned her being able to use illusion magic later on, and said that could make her look older — I'm assuming she can use it to appear younger, too?
Of course.
I then realized, though, that starting all the way back in elementary school doesn't make a ton of sense and doesn't seem completely necessary. I feel like, having lived as long as she has, she'd have gained enough knowledge about the world to enter school at a high school or maybe even middle school level (or whatever the Swiss equivalents of those are) and be just fine.
That is because faking/obtaining a document that show that you actually passed elementary school is not a easy thing. She could have tried but she was never a person to do something so illegal. After her last surname change/add-on she lived under the name Niko Sagar for a long time (and her last surname change was long before anyone actually started caring about keeping the records of names and surnames of commoners) so she had little trouble with her identity (she would just register a daughter named Niko using a illusion of a child and would take over that identity when the "new" Niko's age reached adulthood).
I'm also a bit confused about her "Workshop" and how it is a "magical construct attached to her". Does this mean it's a physical object? Or is it just something made up of magical energy (for lack of a better term) that she can control with her mind?
Most of the "Workshop" is just a complex magical structure, but the storage space and "Reactor" are located in a different plane of existence - one created by Traveler and integrated in the "Workshop" to allow roughly 1,000,000 km3​ of storage space plus enough room for the "Reactor", magical circles that make up the magical base of the "Workshop" and storage for the fuel powering the "Reactor".
Also, the "Rooms" that allow her to store objects — are those essentially like hammerspace, allowing her to pull items out of thin air? Or is there something else going on?
Like mentioned above, the "Rooms" that have a storage ability store it in the mentioned different plane of existence. Note that due to massive magical circles attuned to deities/spirits related to weapons and/or warfare the "Arsenal" usually just copies weapon (and ammunition) instead of actually taking them out of its storage space, to allow the user increased firepower (by creating multiple magic-manipulated copies of the same weapon) if the user wishes so.

The "Workshop" is meant to be provide all the needs (and does that pretty well) a mage might have - for combat, items, tools or calculations trough the "Arsenal", "Forge", "Warehouse", "Crafts" and "Calculus". The fact that is was meant for a mage is show in it rather draining stamina then magical power from the user - a mage would usually not really on stamina in combat but rather on magical power to cast spells while being aided by the "Workshop" to increase his damage output/area of bombardment. As for the two other functions; the "Gate" is an emergency solution for dire situations and the magic replenishment of the "Reactor" is not actually meant for human usage altogether due to the possibility of overloading one's magical capacity - which causes damage to the neural system. The ability to channel magic out of the "Reactor" into the real world is meant for restoring magical power over large/massive areas, to power up magic-driven devices or to provide power for large-scale rituals which usually require multiple mages without the need for more then just the caster.

Of course.

That is because faking/obtaining a document that show that you actually passed elementary school is not a easy thing. She could have tried but she was never a person to do something so illegal. After her last surname change/add-on she lived under the name Niko Sagar for a long time (and her last surname change was long before anyone actually started caring about keeping the records of names and surnames of commoners) so she had little trouble with her identity (she would just register a daughter named Niko using a illusion of a child and would take over that identity when the "new" Niko's age reached adulthood).

Most of the "Workshop" is just a complex magical structure, but the storage space and "Reactor" are located in a different plane of existence - one created by Traveler and integrated in the "Workshop" to allow roughly 1,000,000 km3​ of storage space plus enough room for the "Reactor", magical circles that make up the magical base of the "Workshop" and storage for the fuel powering the "Reactor".

Like mentioned above, the "Rooms" that have a storage ability store it in the mentioned different plane of existence. Note that due to massive magical circles attuned to deities/spirits related to weapons and/or warfare the "Arsenal" usually just copies weapon (and ammunition) instead of actually taking them out of its storage space, to allow the user increased firepower (by creating multiple magic-manipulated copies of the same weapon) if the user wishes so.

The "Workshop" is meant to be provide all the needs (and does that pretty well) a mage might have - for combat, items, tools or calculations trough the "Arsenal", "Forge", "Warehouse", "Crafts" and "Calculus". The fact that is was meant for a mage is show in it rather draining stamina then magical power from the user - a mage would usually not really on stamina in combat but rather on magical power to cast spells while being aided by the "Workshop" to increase his damage output/area of bombardment. As for the two other functions; the "Gate" is an emergency solution for dire situations and the magic replenishment of the "Reactor" is not actually meant for human usage altogether due to the possibility of overloading one's magical capacity - which causes damage to the neural system. The ability to channel magic out of the "Reactor" into the real world is meant for restoring magical power over large/massive areas, to power up magic-driven devices or to provide power for large-scale rituals which usually require multiple mages without the need for more then just the caster.

*nod, nod* Alright, then. Makes sense to me. Accepted!

Well, I certainly got behind on NLA stuff. I did the post thing though. I'll update the excel sheet.

Right, I'll be posting for Aiace tomorrow.

@MoonTeller , do you just want to continue from where we were or do the time-skip Kaga suggested? I'm open to either, I suppose.​

Right, I'll be posting for Aiace tomorrow.

@MoonTeller , do you just want to continue from where we were or do the time-skip Kaga suggested? I'm open to either, I suppose.​

Uh, I don't really have any idea. What do you guys believe would be easier? Seth does actually have business with the office..... I could do that bit later after things are settled down.

I guess that I should post sometime soon. Was hoping that @Kuro would post so I could post with all charas at the same time but for now I will content myself with all but Riyako.

I guess that I should post sometime soon. Was hoping that @Kuro would post so I could post with all charas at the same time

Seriously. Please stop doing that. I know I briefly mentioned it before, but now I'd like to call a bit more attention to it.

There is no reason to wait until you can post for all your characters at once, especially when things are so slow. While you're waiting for Kuro, you're holding other people up unnecessarily. And if everyone else took the same approach to posting, then you holding people up would also mean that everyone you were interacting with who also played multiple characters would be needlessly holding people up in the same way, despite the fact that you don't need to wait for Kuro for all your characters. And then we have everyone waiting on Kuro when really only one character was.

If you can post for a character, please go ahead and post when you get the chance. There's no reason to wait for all of them at once. Better one of your characters stuck than all of them (and everyone else's), right?

Status
Not open for further replies.