Nefastus Lupata Academy: The Return of TJA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Jared Steele

Position: Headmaster

Race: Human

Appearance:
anime_computer_guy.jpg

Personality: Jared likes to think of himself as thoughtful and responsible, and that is somewhat true, though a lot of the time he seems to worry about things more than he really needs to. When things get out of hand, he often finds himself fighting the urge to panic as mind jumps to worst-case-scenarios, but, with Cookie usually there to calm him down, thankfully, he can usually keep himself together for long enough to think of a rational solution to any problem. …Or at least a way to survive, or just get himself away from whatever danger is present. When he's not fearing for his own life, though, he's very protective of those he cares about, especially Cookie. A lot of his worrying is spent on her — with all the dangerous situations she could possibly get herself into.

History: Most of Jared's human life was fairly average. He'd graduated high school and college and was having a little bit of trouble finding a good job when he encountered the thing that set him apart from most other humans. He heard the voice of what he would later understand was a Code Walker calling for help from inside an old game console in his home. While skeptical and confused, of course, he decided to listen to the voice's request and turn the console on, freeing her. That was when he met Cookie, who, after some shenanigans that shortly followed involving a Cannibal Code Walker that tried to devour her, made the leap into Jared's mind. It goes without saying that he kind of freaked out at first, but after some time and some explaining, he slowly accepted the idea of allowing such a creature to live inside his mind. Cookie explained to him that Descendants have a very short lifespan, though, so he didn't expect her to stick around for long, but for reasons that neither of them really understood, living inside a human host apparently lengthened her lifespan, allowing her to live with him indefinitely. Over the years, they developed a strong bond, becoming close friends and companions.

More recently, he accepted a teaching position at the school without really being aware that the school was completely filled with all sorts of supernatural entities. Becoming aware of even the existence of such things was a bit of a rude awakening, and it took him a little while before he was really ok with the idea and stopped fearing for his life on a daily basis, but over time, he started to grow a bit more comfortable with the arrangement, only fearing for his life on an occasional basis.

Even more recently, the previous NLA headmaster, Root, had to leave due to urgent business in the 4th dimension, and left Jared with the position. He wasn't sure if he was really ok with the idea, but Root didn't give him much time to think about it (or much of a choice). He did also leave Chester for him, too, to handle some of the supernatural business that he wasn't quite as adept with, so at least there's that.

Other: While Cookie's existence was completely secretive in his normal, human life, he is aware of the fact that some of the races at NLA can sense her presence, and so she isn't much of a secret anymore. He still doesn't talk about her to just anyone, so she isn't exactly common knowledge, but the subject isn't quite as hush-hush as it used to be.

——

Name: Cookie

Class: Descendant

Race: Code Walker

Appearance:
441677117_1697389.gif

Personality: Cookie is innocent and curious, which often leads her to be just a bit careless. She likes to explore the world beyond her usual host, thinking of all the amazing things she could encounter, but often not thinking of the danger. It's usually Jared's job to remind her not to get trapped or eaten or anything, and she knows that she often causes him to worry a lot, but she's still usually too ditzy and mindless to think before going through with the actions that cause him to worry in the first place. On the plus side, she's fairly experienced at helping Jared relax when he gets stressed out about unrelated things, though. The two balance each other out fairly well.

History: Cookie's average life as a Code Walker was short and uninteresting until, when she found herself trapped and her life endangered, she did the unthinkable for her kind and called out to a human for help, and, some shenanigans later, found herself inside Jared's head. While she originally only meant for it to be a temporary arrangement, she just grew too fond of Jared to leave him, and he seemed to grow equally fond of her. Over the years, not only did her lifespan far exceed what she expected it to be thanks to living in his mind, but she continued to grow close to him and develop a strong friendship with her host. He was never fond of the idea of her trying to eat anything in his brain, though, so she made do with living off of old data on his phone, computer and other electronics that he let her have.

Other: Although Jared's really not a fan of the idea, she will sometimes poke around with things in his brain when she feels the need, often in some attempt to control him and make her do what she wants — which sounds dark, but it's really just her acting like a child and not really thinking through her actions. She has very little control over him, though, and usually undoes anything bad that she does to him almost immediately out of remorse. Additionally, she doesn't have any strong control over what she does, so it's not like she could adequately "possess" him or anything. Worst thing she ever did was leave him paralyzed for like five seconds or something. That's about the extent of her control. (Jared will tell you that that was a very long and scary five seconds, though.)

I would just like to say that the only reason I even have the images for these two characters is because I found them on the Wayback Machine's archive of the old RPG.

And for those of you unfamiliar with the Wayback Machine, let me just tell you that its collection is very spotty for anything beyond the homepage of a website, and with RPG in particular, it usually only has the first page of a thread archived, if anything. Go beyond page one and you'll be lucky if you find a single other page archived.

So, on an OOC that has literally over 10,000 pages, the Wayback Machine just so happened to have the one random page that the original versions of those CS's were on archived.

That luck is so amazing I just can't even.

I would just like to say that the only reason I even have the images for these two characters is because I found them on the Wayback Machine's archive of the old RPG.

And for those of you unfamiliar with the Wayback Machine, let me just tell you that its collection is very spotty for anything beyond the homepage of a website, and with RPG in particular, it usually only has the first page of a thread archived, if anything. Go beyond page one and you'll be lucky if you find a single other page archived.

So, on an OOC that has literally over 10,000 pages, the Wayback Machine just so happened to have the one random page that the original versions of those CS's were on archived.

That luck is so amazing I just can't even.

For future reference, I have like 90% of the character images from TJA4 saved on my computer, if you or anyone else needs them.

For future reference, I have like 90% of the character images from TJA4 saved on my computer, if you or anyone else needs them.

I thought you might, and I considered asking, but I wanted to see if I could possibly look for my old CS's anyway to see if I could salvage any of the actual written portions even though I was highly doubtful that they'd be there BUT THEY WERE and that was cool.

But then my old CS's were awful so I just grabbed the images and re-wrote the rest from scratch.

I have managed to salvage most of my characters from the Old Guild. But I am not using any because I don't see a reason for not try to use different characters this time~

>< I apologize for the writer's block. It might take me a bit to get around to posting here.

So, ummmm. Its been awhile since anyone has posted. Is there going to be another large lull?

So, ummmm. Its been awhile since anyone has posted. Is there going to be another large lull?

Sorry. Like I said, I've kind of had some writer's block, plus I've been busy with schoolwork. I know I have a lot of poking to do as well but, again, busy. ><

I'll get around to it when I can. Don't worry, though -- I don't expect that this lull will last, like, months or anything.

Sorry. Like I said, I've kind of had some writer's block, plus I've been busy with schoolwork. I know I have a lot of poking to do as well but, again, busy. ><

I'll get around to it when I can. Don't worry, though -- I don't expect that this lull will last, like, months or anything.
Is everybody waiting on your characters?

Is everybody waiting on your characters?

No. Only you and Nv are, I think, though it is still my fault for holding you two up, at least.

As for everyone else, I still have poking to do, like I said (in fact I think some of the stagnation is leftover from my first attempt to get things moving again, when apparently I didn't get replies from everyone involved and never did follow up with the necessary un-freezing of characters).

Hopefully I'll get around to that on Friday. Currently, I have a paper I really should be working on, and while I've already been using one of my roleplays to procrastinate on that, I probably shouldn't add a second one.

No. Only you and Nv are, I think, though it is still my fault for holding you two up, at least.

As for everyone else, I still have poking to do, like I said (in fact I think some of the stagnation is leftover from my first attempt to get things moving again, when apparently I didn't get replies from everyone involved and never did follow up with the necessary un-freezing of characters).

Hopefully I'll get around to that on Friday. Currently, I have a paper I really should be working on, and while I've already been using one of my roleplays to procrastinate on that, I probably shouldn't add a second one.
Gotcha. Let me know if you'd like temporary help with that.

Gotcha. Let me know if you'd like temporary help with that.

Actually, if you could go through the IC and the character list and sort of map out who's waiting on whom, I would greatly appreciate that.

As long as it's not too much trouble, of course.

Actually, if you could go through the IC and the character list and sort of map out who's waiting on whom, I would greatly appreciate that.

As long as it's not too much trouble, of course.
Gotcha, I'll go look through. Sorry I saw the message so late.

Gotcha, I'll go look through. Sorry I saw the message so late.

No no, it's fine. Still sooner than I could take any real GM action.

☆Luna☆: Waiting on Kaga
ProfessorNv: Waiting on Kaga
YamiCuoreLaroux: Waiting on Gamer5
Kuroku: Waiting on Gamer5
MoonTeller: Waiting on Gamer5, seemingly heading into the office

Anyone else hasn't posted in a considerable amount of time. I assume they have left the RP. We should really think about reducing the scale, there is not a considerable number of players left.

☆Luna☆: Waiting on Kaga
ProfessorNv: Waiting on Kaga
YamiCuoreLaroux: Waiting on Gamer5
Kuroku: Waiting on Gamer5
MoonTeller: Waiting on Gamer5, seemingly heading into the office

Anyone else hasn't posted in a considerable amount of time. I assume they have left the RP. We should really think about reducing the scale, there is not a considerable number of players left.

Yeah, it's the people who haven't posted in a while who have presumably dropped out that I've been meaning to do something about.

I don't know what you mean by "reducing the scale", though.

Yeah, it's the people who haven't posted in a while who have presumably dropped out that I've been meaning to do something about.

I don't know what you mean by "reducing the scale", though.
What I mean is that currently our characters are all over the place because the current explorable area is so large. Since there aren't a ton of characters, maybe now is a good time to get them involved with each other. Though, looking back, that was probably a confusing way to say that lol.

What I mean is that currently our characters are all over the place because the current explorable area is so large. Since there aren't a ton of characters, maybe now is a good time to get them involved with each other. Though, looking back, that was probably a confusing way to say that lol.

I'll think about it more when I'm not busy. For now though I'll say that I don't think that forcing our characters into a bigger group is a good idea. If anything, groups of two tend to be better for slower threads. Big groups will just get tangled up and trip over each other when things are slow, making them even slower.

I'll think about it more when I'm not busy. For now though I'll say that I don't think that forcing our characters into a bigger group is a good idea. If anything, groups of two tend to be better for slower threads. Big groups will just get tangled up and trip over each other when things are slow, making them even slower.
Sounds like a plan. I guess I'll just have Aria enjoy some company for a while then.

Status
Not open for further replies.