Nefastus Lupata Academy: The Return of TJA

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahh question! How do you feel about shapeshifting races? I was thinking about having it be a more specific shapeshifting.. like they can strictly only shape shift their age (appearance in age) but nothing like.. they can turn into animals etc. They can simply just be a race of people who have control of their appearance, but they can't exceed their actual age. For example: if their 24, they can't change their appearance to 35.. they can only change their age to anything younger than what age they actually are! It'd be really cool that along with that, they have very vivid memories and can go back to a certain age, and remember exactly the days in between. They'd just be a very aware race of their memory, age, etc! It's pretty simple, but I can put a lot of depth into it! I'd have to think of a name for it..
Would that be alright with everyone? o:
You don't have to ask permission to do things, bud.
Just make sure you're not blatantly copy-pasta'ing and, if, by some chance, you make a race that is very similar to something we already have, we'll let you know.

I suddenly really wanna bring back Aeolus.
But I don't have enough time.
Well, whenever you do have time to bring him in, go right ahead. I'm increasing the character limit to 8, so you've got plenty of free space.
ahh question! How do you feel about shapeshifting races? I was thinking about having it be a more specific shapeshifting.. like they can strictly only shape shift their age (appearance in age) but nothing like.. they can turn into animals etc. They can simply just be a race of people who have control of their appearance, but they can't exceed their actual age. For example: if their 24, they can't change their appearance to 35.. they can only change their age to anything younger than what age they actually are! It'd be really cool that along with that, they have very vivid memories and can go back to a certain age, and remember exactly the days in between. They'd just be a very aware race of their memory, age, etc! It's pretty simple, but I can put a lot of depth into it! I'd have to think of a name for it..

Would that be alright with everyone? o:
We don't really have a limit on shapeshifting. In fact, several races, including Silvers and Eldritch Abominations can shape shift.

If you want, you can go a little farther with it. The concept of age-shifting doesn't seem OP or anything, so I'd say you could pretty much do what you want with it. Hell if their only powers are longitivtiy, age-shifting and superhuman memory, then I don't have an issue with it at all.

You don't have to ask permission to do things, bud.
Technically, everything submitted does have to go through me, though. And I did tell them that they could ask questions if they were unsure of something :P

Reactions: amaiouji
If you want, you can go a little farther with it. The concept of age-shifting doesn't seem OP or anything, so I'd say you could pretty much do what you want with it. Hell if their only powers are longitivtiy, age-shifting and superhuman memory, then I don't have an issue with it at all.
AHH THATS COOL! That makes me really happy//!!
I'll post the cs in a bit because i'm almost done, but i'll be more in depth about their shapeshifting in the cs because i'm adding a bit more to their race! Thank you so much for the help!!

Technically, everything submitted does have to go through me, though. And I did tell them that they could ask questions if they were unsure of something :P
One more quick question! Are you okay with me adding a bit more detail into the cs? I wanted to be a bit more into detail with their appearance regardless of the picture i'm going to be using for them.. but more like descriptive about height (body type), piercings, or any other body details? Sense it's not very obvious in the picture i'm using.. their body type, height, and other cool details. Also! Are you okay with letting me mention their sexuality too? o:

Sorry with all the questions!! Just wanted to be sure!

One more quick question! Are you okay with me adding a bit more detail into the cs? I wanted to be a bit more into detail with their appearance regardless of the picture i'm going to be using for them.. but more like descriptive about height (body type), piercings, or any other body details? Sense it's not very obvious in the picture i'm using.. their body type, height, and other cool details. Also! Are you okay with letting me mention their sexuality too? o:
The more detail the better, generally. Go right ahead. ^^

Posted for Katsuruga. Since Smudge has already posted for Mona, should I be posting for Aiace now as well?

Yea that's fine. As long as everything the CS asks for is there, add what you need to.

Posted for Katsuruga. Since Smudge has already posted for Mona, should I be posting for Aiace now as well?
Yup~

And Kaga, da fuck is up with your signatures?????

....man that was hard to type.....Roo is too drunk to want to bother with these typos....

Last edited by a moderator:
Name:
Joel Aedan Darlington

Sex:
DMAB

Androgyne Demiboy (he/him or they/them pronouns)

Sexuality:
Panromantic demisexual

Height:
6'3"

Weight:
130- lbs

Race:

Joel is from a very specific race of shape shifters, but he is a inept kind. The ability to shift his age: appearance wise, emotionally, and mentally. His whole mentality can be shifted to those of a twelve year old, regardless of his appearance shifting along with it. It's rarely done by impulse.. that only being if he is irrational in his emotions, or wounded because it's his bodies natural way of healing itself is the revert his age so it becomes less work to fix a large wound when it's on a smaller body. He can unconsciously shift ages due to emotional instability, due to stress, anger, sadness, etc. These being very simple shapeshifting, with many restrictions such as he cannot toy with his appearance in age very long or he can become stuck, and it might take him days to come back to his present age in appearance. He cannot change his appearance to any age above his biological one, only ages below him. Along with this, he can recollect very vivid memories in which ever age he decides to shift into. Along with the other restrictions that apply to this part of his shape shifting, if he lingers to long in his memories they can become bleary, distorted, and even many occasions he will begin to dissociate present with the past. Due to much exposure to memories, his mind will simply suppress these memories.. keeping them from recurring to avoid anymore trauma and dissociation. Sometimes if a certain memory is pondered to many times, it can be completely erased from the mind and they can never return to, or remember them ever again. His abilities are very opaque, with many faults, but also a lot of beneficial advantages.

Appearance:

epjbxf.jpg

Appearance details:

Joel has deep, chestnut, auburn, hair.. it's relatively wavy or straight depending on how he slept on it. His hair goes past his shoulders and about touches the top of his back, he usually wears his hair in messy high buns, ponytails, or nothing at all. His eye's are a deep hazel nut, sometimes appearing more green in the sunlight. (Regardless of the picture) For facial characteristics.. he has cat rather like proportions with few "flaws" with a buttony profile. His body type is very lanky, angular, and long. His legs take up a lot of his body weight, making him look rather frail and flimsy. His skin is always silky smooth without any effort, leaving him with a really pasty white complexion. It's very hard for him to tan at all, so instead of gaining any color.. he just retains many freckles. Joel has a good amount of light freckles speckled around the bridge of his nose, and around his arms and legs its more spread out. With being so lanky and long, his knees are very nubby and fragile, usually always having some kind of bruises and scratches around them sense he's so prone to accidents from improper footing. As for his clothing choices, he's has a pretty strong aesthetic for neutral based colors.. but black happens to be his favorite. He's very gender neutral in his outfits so he never limits himself to any kind of clothing. Usually it's very layered and well thought out regardless of how messy his hair might be at the time. Joel has are three piercings on his right ear, one on the lobe, one helix, one conch, and a nipple piercings.

Personality:

Joel is a rather feeble, childish, blundering, and humble. He is known to speak his mind regardless of the circumstances and can always be counted on to tell the truth. Joel is a good listener, and he's usually very self confident. He is equally difficult to understand in his need for personal space, which in turn has an impact on his relationships with others. He needs to be able to "spread out"—both physically and psychologically—which generally implies encroaching to some degree on others, especially if he decides that something of someone else's is going to become their next project. Joel's communication also tends to be a key issue, since he generally express himself non-verbally. When he does actually verbalize, he mastered the one-liner, often showing flashes of humor in the most tense situations… making Joel seem thick-skinned or tasteless. Joel loves to explore with his hands and eyes, touching and examining the world around him with cool rationalism and spirited curiosity. He enjoys having other people take an interest in his projects and sometimes doesn't even mind them getting into their space, so long as those people don't interfere with his principles and freedom. Joel may seem very loyal and steady, ever rational, but he can also build up a store of impulsive energy that can explode without warning. He's like a river, calmly going with the flow until enough seismic energy builds up to shift the valleys that guide it. Joel lives in the present and often simply go with the flow, this is one of the main reasons he rarely gets anxious about anything. He can be very stubborn when dealing with conflicts, making him become very blunt and irritated if someone tries to criticize his life style. Joel's mostly very private and reserved about his thoughts and ideas and prefers to keep things to himself, especially when it comes to sensitive matters. He gets bored very easily and finds it very difficult to remain focused on one thing for a extended amount of time. Joel's a big risk taker and may often do certain things simply for the sake of having fun. For instance, he may escalate a conflict with a colleague just to see how they react. Joel is not very emotional and tries hard to conceal and protect his emotions, mostly because he is not really sure how to handle it. Despite this, he's a very well rounded and interesting.

History:

There is a upperclass society amongst a medium sized race of kin that all have something in common, shapeshifting. They are called Nenrei (which is just age in japanese) a kin of shape shifters who have the ability to shift their age, and if mastered fully... can become immortal. This small town is known to other civilizations, but their race or abilities is kept secret amongst everyone else except their kin. It is known that the Nenrei shift with less trouble as they grow and eventually they master it to a extent. This upperclass system still contains a class system inside of it, consisting of higher status from being much more able to have consciously mastered the ability to shift ages from their biological to younger and even older than their actual age, venture into the memories of themselves and others, and be able to do this without any trouble whats so ever. It is a ability that is rarely seen mastered, and the ones who can are seen as holy shamans in this group of Nenrei. These shamans have the ability to influence and change the very sanctity of their memories, by removing them entirely, or changing the nature of what they remembered to help heal, and give them better and happier memories to replace the traumatic ones. This group of kin are separated between families inside this small town, Joel being born into the shamans close kin, his mother being the shamans first daughter. Joel is the first born of a small family of four, his mother, father, and little sister. He was a assumed shapeshifter like the rest of the kin, but as he grew older his parents became much more aware of his strange quirks and aliments defining the difference between their "normal" born Nenrei and Joel. Joel couldn't control the currents of his shapeshifting, he couldn't consciously be aware of his shifting being triggered when he was emotional.. but it would trigger in even small emotions. Unlike the rest of young Nenrei, if Joel was in any random state of confusion or unhappiness.. he would shift. This became very frustrating for his family because they could never be in-control of his shapeshifting. Being that they were the direct kin of the shaman, Joel's quirks and strange adaptations was something they worked very hard to conceal from the rest of the kin knowing about. Joel grew up in a very isolated environment, only aloud to see his direct kin along grandmother and grandfather, tutors, and servants. His grandfather or the shaman worked very closely with Joel growing up, teaching him, and even trying to manipulate his memories many times to help him get a clearer vision of how to be more consciously aware of his shape shifting. With little to no luck, Joel was left on his own wits in the process of learning how to control these triggers that would always spiral him into more of a weary mess than he had begun with. Times where he would practice so consistently that his memories with disperse, and he would never come in contact with them again. Along with this came a lot of memory issues with Joel, making it even harder for him to tell the difference between actual fact memories and the ones that were distorted between all his bouts of unsafe practice. In his attempts to please his parents, to show them he was in control, it had only turned what was once a aliment.. into a much bigger disability. His parents became so fearful of the other kin finding out, that he would be locked away without any contact or civilization whats so ever. Joel's father and grandmother were very aggressive and frustrated with Joel, knowing that he was the first born child of the direct kin to become the next shaman.. but with little to no avail, it became much more clear to the direct kin, that Joel couldn't take that role. They needed their first born son to be the next shaman because along with being shaman came financial stability, wealth, and to always remain in the upper.. upper class, but Joel could never reach the standards high enough to be a shaman. Through the years his father and grandmother became much more remorseless, brutal, and uncaring about his affliction. With that came physical and emotional abuse from both his father and grandmother, leaving his mother to watch helplessly as her only son became nothing but his defined hardship in the struggle to take control of his abilities. His mother thought he was better off in a ditch instead of the small town, where he was abused by his own family to defy their own selfish needs. His mother thought her son would be better off in a place where he didn't have any of these standards and expectations placed upon him. Where he could live freely.. to be himself without anymore suffering to endure, on his own. So, she sent him away one night in secrecy to a old friend of hers who lived in a large city engulfed by nothing but a modern society, something he had never been apart of before. Joel would never be seen again by his village, and for a year he lived in this completely different world under the care of his mothers close friend. With the stress, expectations, and abuse finally dispersing when he left that village, Joel started to slowly grow into his own skin. A year after, his caregiver decided on moving, and that she would give him away to a school Joel's mother had inquired about her son transferring into. So it was decided on a quick whim that he would leave to live in the dorms of Nefastus Lupata Academy, where he would hopefully start anew once again.

Other:

Joel has a few quirks that some might find a bit strange, but one of them being his memory loss. Due to his traumatic present.. and suppression of these said memories, even the present can become distorted sometimes and can occasional be as loss with the current state. Simply said, he has memory loss issues where he can forget the last five minutes to hour, and rarely he can forgets a couple days. It's very troubling for him at all because he is not aware of it till someone points it out to him.. but till then, he'll just be confused as to how he got from point A to point B without any memory as to how/why. Besides that, Joel has a couple other very insignificant quirks due to his sheltered past.. but those will be revealed later.

-------------
THIS FEELS REALLY LONG, IM SO SORRY. I'M .. sorry.. so sorry for the long.. long cs..
I wanted to keep his background pretty simple so the details can be revealed much later.
I hope this is okay~! ..again.. sorry... ;;;;

And Kaga, da fuck is up with your signatures?????

....man that was hard to type.....Roo is too drunk to want to bother with these typos....

XD They're all from a movie called Hausu (House). I... think it's trying to be a horror film but it comes off as hilariously bizarre more than anything else.

I decided it would make a great Halloween set. ^^

THIS FEELS REALLY LONG, IM SO SORRY. I'M .. sorry.. so sorry for the long.. long cs..
I wanted to keep his background pretty simple so the details can be revealed much later.
I hope this is okay~! ..again.. sorry... ;;;;
Nothing wrong with having a long CS. It's accepted, though I have a few questions about the Nenrei I'll need to ask you later, just for a bit of clarification.

Right now, I need to get ready for class, as I'm either going to be late or miss it entirely again.

That moment when you realize that the really annoying, lengthy book you have to read for a class is about 300 pages shorter than you thought it was.

I am so happy right now. :D

Never before have I encountered something with so much filler.

What book is it?! Lol.

Yeah, I've read my fare share of books with those kinda issues. Granted I can't even write filler into my own stories without it looking like crap.

So let me just make sure I got this straight.

The Nenrei's racial abilities are age-shifting, potential longevity, slight healing and memory manipulation that can be used upon themselves and others. Is that about right?

Nothing wrong with having a long CS. It's accepted, though I have a few questions about the Nenrei I'll need to ask you later, just for a bit of clarification.

ahhh~ thank you!! Of course! Ask all the questions you want!
I'm assummminnngg someone's going to update me on the current events so I can jump in a bit easier, but I already read through it a bit to get a better idea of what's going on and who's who.. but I could still really use a update ;;

So let me just make sure I got this straight.
The Nenrei's racial abilities are age-shifting, potential longevity, slight healing and memory manipulation that can be used upon themselves and others. Is that about right?
Yes! The Nenrei's racial abilities are those exactly, but because Joel has aliments around that ability he can't fully become a "Nenrei" and master all of those properties that come along with that racial ability. So Joel is.. has a lot of work to do around that ability, but he has.. like 1/3 of all that a Nenrei can and could master in that racial ability!

(Sorry I replied right when you did omfg)

What book is it?! Lol.

Yeah, I've read my fare share of books with those kinda issues. Granted I can't even write filler into my own stories without it looking like crap.
Moby Dick.

You could literally cut hundreds of pages out of this and it wouldn't make any difference.

The narrative won't stop going on meaningless tangents. And then, the tangents have tangents...

I originally thought that the book was like 700-something pages long. I realized recently that a lot of the back of the book is just commentary and criticism, so it's really only 400-something pages. As grateful as I am that this is the case, I did not doubt for a second that this book had the capability of being 700 pages long.

Status
Not open for further replies.