Nefastus Lupata Academy: The Return of TJA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to say that I started reading Axe Cop today.

And it is definitely the second-best webcomic ever.

Wouldn't know. Have been "eating" light novels on Baka Tsuki at night (just finished Mimizuku to Yoru no Ou), mangas at day. As for webcomics - well I am still following Misfile.

I don't read a ton of webcomics, but I'd known of Axe Cop for a while - I'd been told the entire story is thought up by a five-year-old and then illustrated by the kid's 29-year-old brother.

This results in Axe Cop having the most ridiculous story/characters/universe I have ever seen.

I would like to say that I started reading Axe Cop today.

And it is definitely the second-best webcomic ever.

You should give Dr. McNinja a try if you haven't.
He collab'd a few times with Axe Cop.

I don't read a ton of webcomics, but I'd known of Axe Cop for a while - I'd been told the entire story is thought up by a five-year-old and then illustrated by the kid's 29-year-old brother.

This results in Axe Cop having the most ridiculous story/characters/universe I have ever seen.

I might have to go find this.

You should give Dr. McNinja a try if you haven't.
He collab'd a few times with Axe Cop.

XD

I've read just about all of both, love em!

Webcomics are pretty great if you find the right ones.

Name: Aria Windlock
Sex: Female
Class: Aura Mage
Race: Human
Appearance:
Anime-azusa-big-eyes-black-hair-cute-girl-Favim.com-44194_large.jpg

Personality: Aria is friendly, curious, and experimental. Although open to new experiences, she usually finds herself overwhelmed by the situations she throws herself into. She is quick to abandon conventions, especially when given an example to follow. She often likes to try living like others, usually out of admiration. Aria sometimes has trouble establishing her own identity, as she is so dynamic, but regardless tries her best to grow as a person and learn what she finds important.
History: Aria comes from a village known for its magical academy. 95% of the population has magical abilities, and the remaining 5% are traveling merchants who deal in magical wares. Children born here always develop magical abilities due to the large intersection of laylines influencing the birthing process. Usually, this means that the children spend their days learning from magical tomes, and becoming wiser. However, Aria couldn't learn magic in the traditional way because she was born an aura mage, so she was always behind her class. Aria's parents, being adept mages, didn't understand why Aria had such problems with controlling her mana. They were among the first to understand that Aria's magic didn't work like her peers' through an extensive experiment, though the study failed to yield why. Most peculiarly, when casting magic, sometimes her mana didn't even leave her body at all. These differences, coupled with Aria's interest in girls lead to an overall confusion in Aria's life. Her parents were accepting enough of both issues, and although she was teased occasionally, Aria knew how to handle toxic people. However, she naturally wanted to understand why she was so different from everyone else. She spent a lot of time at the library and exploring through town, but couldn't even find hints toward the answer. Eventually, Aria learned from a passing merchant about aura mages, about how she was among the rare examples of them, and that she would be better suited learning through immersion with other races. After discussing the matter with her parents, a bit of debate and research, and some time, her parents agreed this was the correct course of action.
Other: Aria is lesbian.
Aura Mage Explanation: Aura mages are similar to regular mages, but derive their power from the aura; the energy exerted by something's existence. Aura is radiated by all living things, and Aura mages have the unique ability to utilize this power. Aura mages are an exceedingly rare class of human due to the highly particular nature of their birth. They can only be born on the intersection of magical leylines during a mana storm if both parents are accomplished mages. Even under these conditions, there can only be one aura mage born in the area of occurrence, and the chances of this occurring to anyone in the area of occurrence is only 5%. Not many, even among the magical community know how to properly identify an aura mage, so they are often mistaken for untalented mages.

Aura mages have widely varying and dynamic abilities. Because they draw their power from the aura, they are able to cast spells with greater freedom. Aura, unlike mana, doesn't require much instruction, and instead makes judgement calls like a sentient creature. The downside to this is that sometimes aura ignores the wishes of the user, especially if the user doesn't understand or accept it. Also, aura mages rely on aura to use spells, so if they don't stay near the source which they gained the spell, they can lose access to that spell. As a last resort, aura mages can still draw on mana to cast spells, but generally suffer from low mana output.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alrighty....

Gamer and Canoodles, if you two could wait a bit before posting for the tengu + miko duo, I'd greatly appreciate it. I just got to figure out what we're going to do for the secretary, but I will try and take care of that today.

Kags, you can post for Orion whenever....though Moky should probably post for Zix (and Root) before you respond for Ex again.

Luna, go ahead and enter the school grounds whenever you're ready....I already gave you the low down on the weather, who's outside, etc.

Aaaaaand I guess I shall continue to pester the others to get moving......

Oh, also, since Keef quit, I need to figure out a new Vice. I'll get to that by Wednesday or Thursday.

Oh yeah Luna I should probably mention before you get too far;

Any map of the Academy you have is likely going to be completely wrong.

Oh yeah Luna I should probably mention before you get too far;

Any map of the Academy you have is likely going to be completely wrong.
Yup, the entire point of the map was to give my character a false sense of security.

Yup, the entire point of the map was to give my character a false sense of security.

Awesome. Just want to make sure we're on the same page.

Finally reached the end.......about to see Vash finally meet Knives again.....

Finally reached the end.......about to see Vash finally meet Knives again.....

What? You're on episode 26? I thought you just finished episode 23...

NO WAIT WHAT HAPPENS WHEN HE BRINGS KNIVES BACK YOU CAN'T JUST END IT LIKE THAT WHAT

Status
Not open for further replies.