NEED TATTOO ADVICE PRONTO

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Temet Nosce

Original poster
So basically, my parents are allowing me to get a tattoo, but the catch is that I have to get it by noon tomorrow. So post away your dopest ideas and let's get something rolling if we can. Keep in mind it can't be larger than a fist and it will most likely be between my shoulder and bicep.

The more images y'all post, the easier this is.

A Sherman Tank and American Flag. Nothing's cooler than those!

• Useful
Reactions: Temet Nosce
You know you could probably look up "tattoos" on google. I'd put stuff here, but I'm on my phone and that's a nope.

Plus, I think it'd help if you posted what kind of style tattoos you like, if you prefer black or colored tattoos, and what kind of images/theme you'd like.

Oh, and don't get tribal. Please. That's the dumbest shit I've ever seen.... No offense to people who have tribal.

Edit: Also, lucky you man.

You know you could probably look up "tattoos" on google. I'd put stuff here, but I'm on my phone and that's a nope.

Plus, I think it'd help if you posted what kind of style tattoos you like, if you prefer black or colored tattoos, and what kind of images/theme you'd like.

Oh, and don't get tribal. Please. That's the dumbest shit I've ever seen.... No offense to people who have tribal.

Edit: Also, lucky you man.

You know there are different versions of tribal that actually look good right? lol

But fer reals, this is the tatoo I want :)

Attachments

• 8aac14a68cb4f73fb9c77a5ed062ac90.jpg
    8aac14a68cb4f73fb9c77a5ed062ac90.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Useful
Reactions: Temet Nosce
I know your deadline is in an hour and all..

But aren't you an adult who can make their own decisions about their body without your parents consent?

Also, a tattoo isn't something you pick in a day unless you're one of those people that gets one for any occasion and on a whim of 'that looks cool better ink it into my skin for the rest of my life'.

Take your time. Find something that's meaningful to you. Find a good artist. Do your homework. Read reviews. Get to know your tattoo artist. Don't rush into something permanent.

That would be magnificent advice Windsong if my parents weren't paying for my education.

I didn't really go into much detail about the situation, but basically the stars aligned perfectly for this and I'd probably have to wait until I graduated otherwise

Sounds like awfully strict stipulations for schooling. All folks are different though.

Would say you're better off waiting if time is such a constraint. Like it's been said already, tattoos aren't a good thing to rush into.

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Sounds like awfully strict stipulations for schooling. All folks are different though.

Would say you're better off waiting if time is such a constraint. Like it's been said already, tattoos aren't a good thing to rush into.

I second this.

Trying to get a tattoo after only being able to think about what you want for, like, a day really doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

If you're going to get a tattoo, give yourself some time to really think about what you want. I'd say it makes more sense to wait and get something you know you'll really like than get something on a whim and regret it soon after.

I agree with @Windsong and @Kaga-kun.

Maybe waiting until you graduate is the best decision. It gives you more than enough time to plan out just exactly what you want.

I mean, it kinda says something if you already didn't have an idea and were asking us to pick one for you, don't you think?

Personally, I've been thinking about getting tattoos since I was like, in 7th grade. And it's given me more than enough time to pick at least three ideas and three body parts to go with. I want a Mayan tattoo on my right pectoral, the head of an Aztec Eagle warrior on my left, and something with the grim reaper on my right forearm.

And those aren't just cuz I think they're cool. The ones that'll go on my pectorals are part of my heritage. I come from Mexican and Guatemalan decent, and they both come from Aztec and Mayan blood respectively. As for the reaper, I've always been fascinated with the idea of death, and my uncle on me dad's side (who shares my name) has one that I've always thought was cool. I don't see him much anymore, and that's more of a sentimental thing.

But even though I have these ideas, I'm not going to rush into getting them. Like windsong said, I'm going to have to find an artist who'll be able to do the designs I want well. On top of that, there's no way I'm settling for any shop/tools/etc that are any less than perfect. Having a tattoo is cool, but having Hepatitis or some other disease isn't.

Hopefully you haven't gotten one already, and you decided to at least wait and think about this a little further before making hasty decisions and ending up with something you'll hate in the long run.

You know there are different versions of tribal that actually look good right? lol
Oh I know that haha. But I figured most people would have known what I'm talking about.

Like was already said, don't get the Tattoo.
That is permanent body alteration, not something you want to do if you don't have 110% (consistent) certainty about what you want.

Well, I went against everyone's better judgement and I must say the tattoo looks dope.

Thank you @The Silver Paladin and @Vio for actually following the thread instructions. I have no qualms about getting a tattoo on the fly, I just wanted ideas.

I had already gave my word I was going to do it, and where I come from, a man's word is more permanent than any ink.

@Cowboy pics or it didn't happen 8D

Status
Not open for further replies.