Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Fantasy, Sci fi, anything in which the world itelf is extremely interesting.
A pretty cool line recently popped into my head, and I'm not sure whether or not I heard it somewhere else, so if you've heard this anywhere before, it would be nice to know. I don't remember the whole thing, but the important part is this.
"The abyss did not stare back, still, voiceless, it beckoned."

I looked it up and I can't find anything.

Yeah... that could literally come from anywhere. I see alot of similar lines in games and stories that want to try being edgy

Yeah... that could literally come from anywhere. I see alot of similar lines in games and stories that want to try being edgy

I found a University of Hawaii website.

"The abyss did not stare back, still, voiceless, it beckoned."
I searched multiple novel databases, no particular quote of that nature appeared verbatim. Bartleby retorted with just two results, Google Books replied with 851 Results. If the quote exists somewhere (which I'm sure someone, at some point, has likely strung words together in that pattern before by sheer statistical likelihood), it was either not famous enough to be recorded anywhere, or at the very least, not within the vast medium of novels. If it was uttered in an obscure television show or film, there is likely no way to find it beyond sheer, dumb luck.

The closest I could find to this particular quote was a rather popular quote from Friedriech Nietzsche, which has been quoted many times.

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you."

Wait, I think I remembered.

I think it's from a horror game; Albino Lullaby.

So now I won't be using that quote in any of my own works.

Status
Not open for further replies.