Need a partner-prefix

W

Winterwings

Original poster
I read that there is something called "need a partner"-prefix. I read it in the onexone-forum. Anyways. I'm wondering how to use this kind of. I mean, like, what's the point? It's not like I think it's useless, of course it isn't, but I don't understand how to use it. That's the question, I guess.

Is it like this:
The girl with brown hair (example thread-title for a onexone rp) need a partner-prefix (guess it's added before/after the title?)
And then, the loooong post. Like this:
Once upon a time, there was a girl named Lucy. She loved flowers and went outside to get some everyday four minutes after four in the afternoon, wich she also did this day. The sun was shining and... and so on, and so on.

And after the post, anyone can post an answer? And then it's the person who wrote the first post turn to write an answer to the replier's post and so on, right? I just want to make sure that I've gotten this right.
So, you write a post wich you want someone (anyone) to answer at, and then you answer it yourself and then you have an onexone-rp. And all by adding the "need a partner"-prefix. Am I right?

This is the text about it that I read and am wondering about:

I read that there is something called "need a partner"-prefix. I read it in the onexone-forum. Anyways. I'm wondering how to use this kind of. I mean, like, what's the point? It's not like I think it's useless, of course it isn't, but I don't understand how to use it. That's the question, I guess.

Is it like this:
The girl with brown hair (example thread-title for a onexone rp) need a partner-prefix (guess it's added before/after the title?)
And then, the loooong post. Like this:
Once upon a time, there was a girl named Lucy. She loved flowers and went outside to get some everyday four minutes after four in the afternoon, wich she also did this day. The sun was shining and... and so on, and so on.

And after the post, anyone can post an answer? And then it's the person who wrote the first post turn to write an answer to the replier's post and so on, right? I just want to make sure that I've gotten this right.
So, you write a post wich you want someone (anyone) to answer at, and then you answer it yourself and then you have an onexone-rp. And all by adding the "need a partner"-prefix. Am I right?

This is the text about it that I read and am wondering about:
There is a new "NEED PARTNER" prefix! You can now start an rp thread as mark it as "Need Partner" to lure in potential partners. Once you have a partner, go to Edit Post -> Go Advanced To remove the prefix.

I hope that I explained it good, so that there are no confusions about my question. Thanks for reading and, hopefully, for answering as well!

~ Niw ~

Repeated twice, for good measure? xD

Let's see if I can explain this...
Some people want to get their ideas out for a one on one roleplay and they don't have a partner (awww :< ).
With the "need partner" prefix, they can start their one on one roleplay in the designated section and hopefully, someone will see that, and become their new posting partner!

Typically, they just want one partner, in a one on one, so if you see two people posting in one of these threads, it probably has been answered by someone who saw the thread first (darn!).
Roleplays that want more than one partner go in the other sections, typically. Jump-in, modern, mature, etc.

The prefixes are added when you start a roleplay thread, it's an option near where you input the title of your new thread.
Does this help you? :]

I was also a bit confused; thanks for clarifying, Kitti!

So you mean that it's like a jump-in roleplay but for onexone?