10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
Check out National Novel Writing Month!

Every year in November you have a month to try and write a 50,000 word novel. No editing, no nitpicking, just sitting down and WRITING 50,000 words in 30 days. It's a fun exercise for writing hobbyists and serious authors alike.

Are YOU going to participate?

Reactions: 1 person
I already have. I started last Friday. :P

The chance to show off how better I'm at english than some americans?

Cont mi de FUCK in.

Shuddup Asmo, starting early is cheating! ;__;

...Plus your that's your ACTUAL novel! XD Wouldn't it be cool if you finished by the end of the month though. >:D

MAN... I try it every year, but I never get past the first chapter. I always end up distracted with real life stuff right about this time of year. >:[ Holidays and other nonsense. I'm going to try again though.

Maybe I'll try writing a series of short stories instead of a full length novel. c__c; I can write short stories...

Sounds fun! I'll definitely try it.
We should post what we end up writing. ^_^
Mine will probably consist of teen drama and romance. lol

Ah yes a perfect way to restart my Shintaion Rebirth story. I lost it in the crash of 4.0 but now I will have some true motivation to remake it. And no background story needed woohoo!

I would love to...honestly I would. To work hard and actually script something out would be awesome for my eventual goal...but with so much rp commitment I would have to go under the radar in order to undertake the task.

I don't want to abandon my modly duties nor leave people hanging...so I might have to bow out by default.

*Stares at Asmo* I know YOU can manage it...and I have yet to figure out how.

Well okay, it's only about 17,000 words, so maybe 40,000 by the end of the month.

And it's a novel about vampires, zombies and Victorian serial killers. It's IMPOSSIBLE to get writer's block on something like that.

Very cool... because it has reminded me that I need to proof read my rough draft, and then revise it. I'm really not looking forward to going over all five hundred pages give or take a dozen.

I've heard of this before. I attempted to try it out and failed miserably. I just became too distracted with school and the like. So good luck to anyone who participates in this event!

I heard that this contest is more fond of stuff that tries to be philosophical or pretentious. Forget that.

Besides, I don't have time to write novels! I'm writing essays here! Essays that actually determine my final grade in a course that's important for my GPA! Unless I can lengthen one of those out to 50,000 words, I really don't think I'd have the time.

It's not a contest though, Mister Palonis! You don't win any awards (besides a little button that says you reached your 50,000 goal), nor does anyone on the site ever have to see your novel unless you share it. >:D

So I have no idea where you'd hear that it's about any specific writing topics... o___o; Got the right project?

....and I STILL can't settle on my story. >:[ Looks like I'm going to be a failure AGAIN.

You'll fine me right here!

....I still have no idea which plot to role with. Likely the one I was attempting last year. >>;

Cool. I've added you two to my Writing Buddy List. Seeing as Pirogeth is pretty much a taken name I went and used the name that nobody has to date, Pseudoping.

You can find me Here!