NATIONAL NOVEL WRITING MONTH! THE NANOWRIMO!

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life

Every November is Novel Writing Month, where lots of people try to speed write a 50,000 word novella and most of us fail spectacularly!

I've never actually managed to write a book during Nano. BUT every time I try it out, I do learn some really great things to help my writing processes. I've used it as a fun roleplay challenge, a way to plan novels, and building a daily writing habit.

This year I'm gonna try to write a bunch of short stories. O: I NEVER write short stories, but Iwaku's cool writing events have i n s p i r e d me. I'm always creating writing prompts on Muse Inspired but I don't have any short stories to share on my blog? How lame is that. >:[ SO THAT IS MY GOAL THIS YEAR.

Are you participating in Nano this year? What are you plans?

• Love
Reactions: PoetLore
I've never managed to finish a novel for NaNo either. The closest I got in WC was 31,154, but school became too overwhelming at the time. Plus, that novel had so much planned it would've been far more than 50,000 to finish. I agree that it is great way to build daily writing habits and I've definitely learned a lot from doing it. Like every year I'll be participating and trying to write the first draft of a new project. I've done more planning this time and I think my muse will hold out, so hopefully, this will finally be the year I hit that big 50k.

p.s. nano took away my buddies, add me if you want: [removed for privacy]

Last edited:
Today I did not get to work on a short story, as I have run out of time, BUT I did push out 135 writing prompts for Muse Inspired and I feel accomplished. O:

• Love
Reactions: PoetLore
I've never tried to write a novel during November for this event, but maybe it's time I did try it. I've learned a lot sine the first thing I wrote so many years ago, I dare say I could do something someone besides me would like. (Maybe)

Good luck @Diana on the short stories! I SUCK at that so bad it's ridiculous. I tend to be verbose in every form of expression, whether written or oral, so yeah...I wish you great success and I think that's a seriously worthy goal for this month!!

• Love
Reactions: Diana
I haven't written any stories yet, but I was inspired by some nonsense in the discord chat last night and a dumb youtube I watched today, so I have 5 short story ideas to play with now. O,O ...and all of them are horror D:< not sure how that happened but well.

I also put together 90 more writing prompts, so I have finished out everything I need on Muse Inspired through 2019. 8D I'm crossing fingers that I can get all of 2020's writing prompts too.

i probably won't get to 50000 words, as i'm mostly just writing poems

but i am using this november time to hunker down and write, and iterate, and break, and re-write poems for literary mag submissions

Last edited:
I've always been in the "November is an odd choice of month for this camp" and I'm probably not participating fully this year. Although I should take the inspiration and try to crank out a bunch of updates to my Let's Play during this month.

I have my story idea for a novel called The Goldilocks Theif planned out w post-its for each chapter and I've written a few chapters on my phone. Though I have a NaNo acct I would rather wait until I have a laptop to write it all out. I can't write long stretches of writing on my phone (it lags) I've always wanted to participate though.

@Diana show me the prompts!

(Also I think I used to chat w you way back when in the chatbox I used to be angel chii btw. Your name looks so familiar.))

BEFORE SUDDEN FAMILY DRAMA TOOK OVER MY LIFE AND RUINED EVERYTHING LIKE IT DOES EVERY YEAR I ACTUALLY MANAGED TO SUCCEED IN DOING ALL OF 2019'S BACKLOG OF PROMPTS, FINISHED OUT THE YEAR, AND GOT HALF OF 2020'S PROMPTS WRITTEN. 8D

So, I think I might make NaNo my content queuing game each year. O_O That was way more successful than me trying to write my stories. >_>

@secret angel ALL OF THESE PROMPTS ARE ON MuseInspired.net Writing Prompts, Character Help, and Inspiration

Pls enjoy. 8D Even comment on ones you do and share links and stuff, I would love to see people actually using stuff.