NASA just announced that there is in fact water on Mars

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, Destiny (the Game) predicted this wrong. In their future models of Mars, there was no water on Mars. Which actually made it
the most boring planet to play on. Now they need to go back and re-make the entire planet for the game!

Ah...

I think I'm referencing the wrong reference.

*cries briny tears while using a rover to dig John Carpenter's grave*

Reactions: Darog
Mars still isn't the type of place to raise a family.

I think it's gonna be a long, long time till touchdrown brings us some of that sweet brine.

I think it's gonna be a long, long time till touchdrown brings us some of that sweet brine.
I mean, if it has some sort of alcohol in it, bring it all over here. If not... Then I'll just float a salt cube in my tap water.

You could also add ordinary Terran alcohol to your water.

Unless you're saying that you would sign off on a massive extraction mission ONLY if it's Martian alcohol at stake and not Martian salt.

But that's pretty discriminatory, and your business case would probably fail based upon this erroneous budgeting rationale.

You could also add ordinary Terran alcohol to your water.

Unless you're saying that you would sign off on a massive extraction mission ONLY if it's Martian alcohol at stake and not Martian salt.

But that's pretty discriminatory, and your business case would probably fail based upon this erroneous budgeting rationale.
Since when has wanting alcohol ever had any legitimate rationale? LOL

I'm not saying don't go unless its alcohol water. I'm just saying I personally would be more interested if that were the case! XD

I see. So you're not trying to dictate NASA policy?

I'm not invested in NASA at all. NASA should do its own thing. If I were to dictate things for NASA, It would be to do more NASA type things. Unlike a certain current president who literally tried to change NASA's goals from "Space Stuff" and turn it into "Muslim Relations" stuff. That isn't NASA's job, thats his administrations job. XD

So you're trying to dictate the president's policy - not NASA's?

Yep. NASA has no reason to be worried about our relationship with other countries. Many technological advances that we enjoy today were from NASA pursuing its original goals of space exploration and understanding, not from our relationship with countries that largely like to beat women and push gays off of buildings.

I'm pretty sure that race relations is what our president has a gauntlet of minions for.

Unlike a certain current president who literally tried to change NASA's goals from "Space Stuff" and turn it into "Muslim Relations" stuff. That isn't NASA's job, thats his administrations job. XD

Wait, what?
When? How?

Wait, what?
When? How?
I don't remember all the details. I think it was about 2 years into his administration via executive fiat.

Personally, I don't think he should have any say, considering that funding for NASA comes through Congress and not the Executive branch.

But what if the president wants to mine Mars for alcohol? Wouldn't that entitle him to ramble on about his opinions far beyond the acceptable parameters of etiquette?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. It does not entitle him to change the functionality and purpose of NASA for his personal desire.

But since when has wanting alcohol ever had any legitmate rationale?

You are asking a question that I have already posed. Whats the point?

Rover Maaaan! Brining up his shoes out heeeere alooone!

Status
Not open for further replies.