Naruto, The Story of Team Four & Five!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Neji had thrown the two kunai blades at their sensei who knew very well that they wouldn't work. Neji had jumped up into a tree to hide after he had thrown the kunai. He watched their sensei causally catch both of them as he contiuned to read his book. That made Neji a little angry, he hadn't felt this overmatched since the night Itachi massacred his clan. Neji shook off that thought. He knew that their sensei would outmatch all of them, so Neji had to calm down relax and try to come up with a plan.

He watched as their sensei contiuned to read his book not really paying much attention to them. He then watched Zion rush in for an attack with some clones and looked like he was usually chakra wires but not doing a very good job at concealing them. If Neji could see this plan from up here then there was no way that their sensei would get caught in this trap. For now Neji would lay in wait as he waited to make his move.

Reactions: Iroh
Hideaki jumped on top of one of the main wires and used its momentum to jump backwards to one of the tree branches all without removing his eyes from the pages of the book. As he landed on the branch he folded one of the edges of the pages he was on in the book and closed the book essentially bookmarking where he was so he could read later. Immediately after closing the book he swiftly threw the book towards what he knew to be the real Zion, as Zion had then been distracted by the incoming book Hideaki used his speed to maneuver around him letting the kunai in his hand slide off in mid air so he could use both hands. Hideaki's speed was near the level of guy's if not evenly matched, whenever he moved it was like a flicker which was way beyond the level of genin. The kunais flipped in mid air around Zion to distract him even more, however his disorientation was swiftly ended by a sudden chop to the back of his neck which caused him to black out. Almost immediately after passing out the book had then hit his forehead causing him to instead fall backwards, With swift footwork Hideaki moved away from the falling body of Zion and quickly grabbed the two kunai that was still twirling in mid air.

Hideaki used these kunais to throw them at the bushes of the trees instead of the shadow clones due to the fact that the real Zion had been taken care if it would only mean that his shadow clones would then disappear shortly after, He knew where the others were due to Neji's mistake of throwing kunai at him. Hideaki called his predictions the ''Directory Method'' which used a mix of direction and memory. Since Neji threw a kunai right before he jumped into the trees it was only logical by using his directory method that Neji would be hiding directly above the place that he once threw the kunai. The kunais flew fast towards the direction of neji which left the other two shinobi a very small window to think before reacting if not reacting at all. After releasing the kunai from his grip he caught the book from mid air then opened it from where he left off and continued to read where he would then rest his foot on the chest of Zion.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Akira Inuzuka

The Hidden Mist Village was a deathly silent with the only source of light was a fairly dimmed moonlight, with the villages mist blanketed the houses. Making it easy to not been seen by the authority, Akira remembered the last time she was here, she was given the mission to go to the Leaf Village to murder children, at which she refused. It's been two years since that event, and if found lurking her, they would surely execute Akira for treason. However Akira was not leaving her home without leaving a message.

A young Chuunin watches over the village, a seemingly easy task to do, which made it rather mundane. They looked over the house to spot any unusual activity or suspicious figures out of place. Hours passed making it seem like an eternity at his post, then weather it was a blessing or a curse a woman was holding on to her arm and limping rather badly. He quickly ran towards her to see if she has been attacked, and was in need of assistance. The woman then popped her head straight at him as she stared into his eyes, and at this moment he knew that she was completely fine and that he was the one in danger.
Akira in one motion threw her arm up the guards neck, causing him to be knocked down to his knees, then swiftly moved above the grounded guard and Akira weaved together hand signs before sprouting out, "Boil release: Sinful Mist!" A cloud of mist spewed out of Akira's mouth and quickly spread around the area, soon enough the guard has slowly stop struggling to release himself and fell unconscious. Akira stood up and wiped herself off, she looked down back at the guard and blew him a kiss. She went into his pockets to find a few explosion tags, this gave Akira a idea. She planted all of the tags inside the unconscious ninjas jacket, if opened again would trigger the explosion. Akira the moved her hands again creating a thicker cloud of mist around her, "Kirigakure no Jutsu."
Akira soon was out of the village unnoticed and on a boat going straight to The Land of Fire.

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
Katsumi, the moment she got to witness her sensei's true speed and weaponry skill, there was a glimmer of admiration in her eyes. She trained well in speed and strength, but her most notable feature from the Academy was her speed. Seeing someone so fast gave her a new goal regarding skill and technique.

'Aahhh so cool! Except he knocked out Zion but still!' She thought to herself and decided that now would be a good time to take a course of action. Considering that her teammate's plan was not going to work now that Hideaki had knocked out the "brains" of their team, technically speaking.

'Sensei seems to care more about that book than the bells. I wonder...' With that in mind, Katsumi took out five kunai from one of her pouches and her umbrella. She was predicting that she would need it after giving away her whereabouts.

She quickly aimed the kunai, tossed them in the air, and quickly hit them with her umbrella one at a time. Two of them aimed towards sensei's book, another two aimed for his sides, and the last aimed for where the hip and leg connected (purposely avoiding the "bad" spot). This was more to see which direction he would take to dodge her attack.

@Edward

(This takes effect after Katsumi's Counter attack)

Zion was on the ground, knocked out and his body twitched slightly, as he was in his own mind.... he really wishes that Hideaki didn't knock him out
he was capable of Mukuuken (Fighting while unconscious born through daily and severe training) and he didn't want it to take effect especially not in front of Katsumi, Neji, and Hideaki.

(In his mind)

Zion awoke in his mind and saw a darker version of himself standing before him....
Zion: "No... not this again, damn my Captain must have knocked me out"
Dark Zion: "Bingo, that he did do and you know what that means
I can cut loose and show them how an assassin battles"
he said grinning
Zion: "NO!!

Zion grabbed his darker self's hand.....
"Please I don't want to hurt anyone I just want to help people"
Dark Zion punches his light half in the face
Dark: "Your a Furenji, your made to kill you think you can ignore what you really are"

Zion covers his ears... and shuts his eyes
"YOUR NOT REAL YOUR JUST MY SUBCONSCIOUS DARK IMPULSES DWELLING WITHIN ME" he screams
Dark Zion laughs...
"You think i'm some caged beast that is possessing you, you think I take control when your unconscious" he says
He kneels down to face his lighter half....

"I'm what your truly capable of all that latent talent, that killing instinct the fruits of your
training as an assassin that you neglect... did you think that you'd forget it all

no you just buried it deep within your mind" he says

Zion tries to tune it out but opens his eyes and see's his mother , father and sister
they are staring at him.. and they seem much larger then him.. he falls back trying to get away from them
He backs into a wall and shuts his eye's and opens them and his darker half is staring at him walking closer.

Dark Zion's hands are glowing with a dark purple chakara, and his eyes are yellow... he's getting closer
"STOP TRYING TO KEEP ME CAGED LET THE REAL YOU AWAKEN" he says reaching out to Zion
Zion: "NO! I'M NOT LIKE YOU I ONLY DID WHAT I HAD TO... NO" he screams

In a burst of Chakara Zion wakes up pushing off the ground and to his feet.

Zion is breathing heavy, as his vision comes to... "What... happened... doesn't seem like I attacked while unconscious I must have forced myself to wake up before Mukuuken set in.. what luck ahhh my neck"
he says to himself while rubbing the back of his neck. Zion stands up straight, and tries to put a smile on his face..."You really got me Sensei, I gotta sit out for a moment" he
says faking his smile hopefully no one noticed how scared and disorientated he was when he woke up. He took a knee as indication that he needs to recover and retracted his ninja wires.

@Edward

Reactions: The Dapper Mog
Neji saw Hideaki sensei throw the kunai in his direction. They were coming fast but Neji would have enough time to dodge them. Instead though he let them hit him. Except when they hit a poof of smoke appereaed and the Kunai blades struck a log instead of Neji. The log came crashing down to the ground. Neji had used the subistution jutsu and with the puff of smoke giving him a cover to move to another tree to continue to lay in wait. As he sat In this tree he decided to set up a few traps. He made hand signs and created a shawdow clone. Instructing the clone to set up some wire traps around some of the surrounding trees. Neji set up his own wire trap in hopes own tree. They were pretty basic and for a Jonin wouldn't be much trouble. Just a simple trap they were taught in the acadmey. If the wire should be struck a barrage of kunai and shuriken would be flung at the enemy. They were told this would be a good trap to easily take out some bandits who did not posses any shinobi qualities and would be good traps to set up if you were on the run. These traps could help slow your purser down. The clone came back and reported he had set them up. Neji now waited to make his next move.

Last edited:
Aoko Harumi
OlderAoko_zpsluq9sa4i.jpg

The Land of Fire. Words hadn't adequately expressed the beautiful landscapes, establishments, and customs of the region. Aoko had been told of the forests and the various bodies of water, the colorful attires, and wonderful sweets, and more. Yet, since her arrival only a day ago, she'd been completely enamored. Now, she stood in front of a small crowd of people. Men, women, and children, all watching her with smiles and looks of admiration. It was a pleasant feeling that Aoko herself was unaccustomed to.

A soothing melody was playing, the flute and the harp working in unison to create a piece of music that could soften the toughest hearts. The long and colorful kimono she wore represented the region well, the various colors of the autumn leaves, the fiery reds and oranges of the will of fire she had heard so much about since her arrival. Aoko's face was painted, but the dark black piercing under her lower lip remained, adding another nuance to the outfit, she had been told.

The young kunoichi moved with a fluid and elegant grace, performing an intricate series of movements and flourishes of her kimono and a pair of brightly colored fans. Her eyes would narrow, her half-lidded gaze falling upon a random young man or woman in the audience from time to time, adding a sense of allure to the already emotional and beautiful performance. She could hear occasional bits of conversation, praise and admiration from members of the audience.

Aoko resisted her desire to smile upon hearing someone say that she must have been a professional, as many dancers practiced these movements for many years. Of course, Aoko had only seen it performed twice. Such was the gift of her mind, yet...the thoughts were pushed aside as she finished the final few movements, dropping low as she pivoted on her heel, spinning around into a low crouch, the fan covering the left side of her face. Her gaze was shifted to the ground, a sign of humility and humbleness that was customary for this act. Applause broke out as the musical slowly faded, and the young woman stood and bowed politely before stepping away from the stage, heading into the back to change back into her regular clothing.

Another young woman greeted her with a smile before erupting verbally.

"Wow, that was amazing! You were great, Aoko! Are you sure you haven't been practicing our dances for years?"

Aoko's cheeks turned a light red as she chuckled briefly, looking to the floor.

"No, I really haven't, Riku. I guess I'm just a fast learner."

The girl named Riku laughed and burst out excitedly,

"I'll say! Would you please stick around and perform again tomorrow? I'd really appreciate it if you'd do a duet with me tomorrow evening. It's a big day, and you're really talented. It'd mean a lot..."

Aoko did her best to keep from looking into the big and sad eyes of the young woman, whom while she'd only met a couple days ago, she was quickly becoming a great friend. Unfortunately, she couldn't avoid them, and sighed softly.

"Oh, I suppose so. I can't refuse that face."

"Yaaaaay!"

Aoko chuckled and her crimson cheeks darkened a bit as she glanced outside, the worries of remaining in the same place for too long Dancing in a contrasting vibrant and erratic manner from the one she had only just performed. A manic battle in her mind, as concern and affection dueled to determine whether or not she could really risk letting her heart expose itself again to anyone.

The kunai flew upwards in the air with grace, the sun reflecting off of its steel as it rapidly tore through the gentle winds of the environment. Hideaki stood on the precipice of a barrage that he didn't expect coming from one of his students, a swift but area sweeping attack made of kunai and the art work of wind; the glories of geometry being used against him by his own students surprised him and at the same time excitement grew in his heart as he prepared into a counter stance. With swift action Hideaki spun left as the first two kunai flew passed nearly reaching Zion before Hideaki then suddenly spun in the opposite direction hitting the two kunai with a vertical strike with his book causing the two kunais to immediately halt its momentum and spin in the air. Preparing for the next counter attack he swiftly grabs one of the kunais in the air and throws it to clash with one of the second barrage of kunai then with the same hand as he previous threw one kunai with he reaches back and grabs the last one that was spinning in the air. As the last kunai of the second barrage rushed threw the air his way he merely struck it with the kunai he had grabbed causing it to immediately shoot to the left eventually getting stuck into one of the trees. As the last kunai flew at him he spun then hit it once more with the same first attack to halt the kunai's momentum then to grab it with the same hand which was his left. At this moment he saw Zion get up and leave casually, ''What does he think this is... casual training?'' He thought to himself as he dequiped his book inside his pouch. He quickly caught up with Zion from behind, with Hideaki's speed a gentle wind followed behind him and as he stopped the gust blew passed the both of them. With swift movement Hideaki passed one of the kunais to his other hand as with his left hand he used the kunai's hilt as a weapon to violently smash into the lower backside of Zion then within the next motion he flipped the kunai around, if it wasn't for him being their sensei Zion would've easily died by a mere thrust of a kunai however that would be too cruel for Hideaki to perform such action. With the momentum of a leftward spin he carried the kunai to run quickly across Zion's upper backside, the sure pain that would follow shortly after would be something of a awakening for Zion to learn from his mistakes of running away in the middle of battle. As Zion fell from the pain Hideaki continued to stand near him, his book away and all attention on the battlefield with two kunai's equipped it would only seem even more difficult now then before. His eyes glared toward the trees as if taunting them to try a frontal assault, his smirk telling them that he was ready for their best.​

Katsumi had come up with the conclusion that sensei's book must have been made from special material, like her umbrella was. Was it specially made for Shinobis or did the author of that book demand it have the best cover ever? Whatever it was, the genin didn't want to spend too much time contemplating something she shouldn't really be caring about. As she thought, her sensei used their own kunai against one another.

'Aaahhh, so cool sensei!'

She noticed that Zion had gotten up off the ground after having been knocked unconscious. Had he been faking the whole time? That would be so cool! They could have used it as a "get sensei off guard" kind of thing, but that didn't seem to be the case. During the distraction between Zion and Hideaki, she quickly made a clone of herself and started sneaking through the trees on the branches. She left the clone where it was so that her sensei would think she stayed there and stopped on a branch a bit above Hideaki.

'Sheesh sensei, it's not like this is the real thing!' She thought to herself after witnessing the painful display Zion had gotten. She would have to ask why later. Katsumi hoped that Neji, where he was, could see her intentions. She was moving in to start distracting him, and Neji could come in to try and grab those bells.

She, in one swift motion, leaped from the tree with the sharp tip of the umbrella pointed towards her teacher. Katsumi opened it and used the force from her fall to go faster towards her sensei. She was certain her teacher would dodge, so the momentum would allow her to roll the top of the umbrella so that she could land on her feet.

Neji sat in his new hiding spot with his traps set. He watched Zion get up to take a timeout. This made Neji shake his head as he thought to himself "what a loser. You can't just take a break even if this is just a training exercise. No enemy will allow you to just take a break like that."

He watched as Hideaki sensei swiftly ran at Zion and then stabbed him in the back "jeez sensei that was pretty harsh don't you think so?" Neji thought to himself, but maybe that would be a valuable lesson for Zion. Neji turned his attention to Katsumi he watched as she was now in the tree above Hideaki sensei.

Neji smirked he knew what she was doing and no was his time to come in and do soemthing. He watched as she jumped down from the tree above and began to try and strike Hideaki sensei. With that Neji leaped Into movement as he used his speed to get behind Hideaki sensei. As he was pre occupied with Katsumi, Neji tried grabbing the bells from behind Hideaki.

Reactions: Kame and Iroh
Hideaki saw this coming from a mile away, his kekkei genkai snow white eyes gave him perfect vision all around him; specialized 360 geometric visionary that could not be outmatched by any other eyes. His quick mind gave acknowledgement of the situation around him and in the precipice of conclusion he determined the correct course of action. With swift movement he had immediately flickered side ways and turned to face both of his students, this quick dodge took him out of dangers away between his students and now instead beside of both of them. Amongst the turn two kunai flew out of both hands, one flying swiftly through the air towards Neji and one twirling fast as the sun hit a glare upon its steel as he rushed towards Katsumi. Immediately after releasing the two kunai he back flipped to conceal his actions of grabbing two more kunai from his pouch. At the end of the flip he used his foot to push himself further backwards as he followed up with another two kunai barrage, each one heading for both students swiftly and not too far off from the previous kunais.​

Zion was on the ground after Hideaki's crude attack, but he did not know who he was dealing with,
Zion was a Furenji not some talentless shinobi like Uzumaki Naruto, but he made it all work for him as when Hideaki came in for the attack
he had slipped one wire onto his body. One thin wire that didn't even reflect light thin enough to fool his byakugan well not really
as Zion studied records of the Byakugan and knows it has microscopic vision capabilities but Katsumi did exactly what he planned
for her to do she went in seeing an opening.

What made matters better was that Neji came out of hiding so Zion knew that this would take Hideaki's mind off of him for a
brief moment. The Byakugan may have had 360 degree vision and all these capabilities but he could not use them all at once
if he was distracted making a counter attack his mind couldn't process in time to use the Byakugan's microscopic vision abilites.
Zion also did not infuse the line with chakara as it would be seen by Hideaki as the Byakugan gave chakara color visible to its
vision.

Hideaki made his counter attack and Zion saw that as his chance as he quickly got up and used his chakara to get the wire to wrap around
the wires of the bell and retract pulling the bells with it. Zion dove for the bells as they were mid -air and soon he would have them
in his grasp. Zion glanced at the timer and saw that it would soon go off but the ironic thing is that all three of the genin were in the vicinity of the bells either one would soon be close enough to
grab them. There was enough time for this one last ditch effort

@Edward

Marui Amearare

At this point, Marui is very late. It'll be easier for him just to just postpone it to tomorrow and have some late lunch instead, but he knows that he needs to make a good impression by at least coming on the day he's suppose to meet them. He's only been a Jōnin for a little over a year, so this is his first students. He'll be commanding an Inazuka girl, and a shinobi from the sand village. What a way to start out a team, and that's just with two genin. But hey, at least he's doesn't have the team with the highest and lowest performing ninjas. Still, he has to figure out how he can greatly train them. He has been spending many afternoons reading books on social experiments and getting advice from other chunins and Jōnins. He came up with his on test to use. Yet, it'll be a useless test until he actually tried it on his genins.

He heads out for a big oak tree out in the woods with nothing more than his usual equipment, a stopwatch from a secondhand store, a dirty orange banner, and two sheets of paper with text on them. He notified his genin students via letter where there were meeting, telling them to come with the stuff they would bring if it was any other day. Hopefully, he's the one late so he won't have to deal with waiting for the others, otherwise how is he late if they're late as well?

@Iroh @The Classy Mog

Reactions: The Dapper Mog
Katsumi's first instinct, seeing the barrage of kunai heading for both her and Neji, was to protect Neji. However, she wouldn't be as good as distracting Hideaki if she couldn't move at her full speed. She quickly ricocheted the kunai that went towards her in different directions, mainly towards the ground and branches since she still didn't have the angling of the umbrella down yet. But with a little more training she could use the ricochet to her advantage.

Katsumi could only hope that Neji was able to successfully dodge those kunais or else it would be something she would feel the guilt for.

Katsumi rushed forward at her sensei again, this time at full speed to face him. Moving swiftly and quickly she tried to strike him in hand-to-hand combat. Did she know this was a bad idea? Yes, considering that Byakugan users were usually talented Taijutsu specialists. But she wasn't thinking about herself right now. She could only hope that her teammates were going to complete the objective before she was completely incapacitated.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: 1 person
Momo Inuzuka
Jukooo_zps037cbf66.jpg~c200

It felt like it'd already been hours. The sun was high in the sky, the breeze felt fantastic, and the warmth from the sun was even better. Momo stretched from the large tree limb, a small.black and brown dog sat atop her head. The small puppy opened its jaws wide in a big yawn before barking softly, his tail wagging wildly.

The young girl giggled briefly, glancing up to the dog atop her head.

"I know, Murasamaru. We've been waiting a while, but, we've always been early pups right?"

Murasamaru barked a happy reply before dropping down into her coat, poking his little head out through the opening. Momo glanced around, noticing that a man had arrived finally. No doubt he was her new sensei. He had something of a strange look about him, more so, his scent was...well...odd. The kunoichi stood, hanging upside down on the tree limb, smiling at him.

"Hello there! You're awfully late, Sensei!"
@OrenjiGatsu

Reactions: Iroh
Neji saw the barrage of kunai coming towards him. Neji quickly grabbed a kuani from his bag and used it to block and deflect the kunai coming towards him. Once he had done that, he saw that Katsumi was in the best position to to actually attack their sensei. She was coming down onto him from above and that would force him to look at her. Neji could attack from behind to provide assistance but he figured that right now would be better to try and grab the bells. Neji saw his chance as he was about to grab at the bells, Zion had thrown a kunai that struck the bells. Nejis eyes widened as he sighed. At this point Hideaki sensei would have felt that and they will soon find out that he used a subistution jutsu and or it was just a clone but for now all Neji could do was try and grab the bells.

"Late late late! So very late!" The sounds of crashing boxes, items being thrown about, and the occasional audible sound of a painful fall could be heard coming from the house that held one, Amari Nara. Currently the poor lad was making a mad dash across his entire household trying to get everything in order for his meeting with his new squadmates and sensei. After spending the past 20 minutes untangling himself from some wires he stumbled into by accident, Amari dashed outside his house to go towards their planned meeting spot...but quickly ran back to grab his fan placed near the doorway to prevent himself from forgetting said item.

While making his run through the village to get towards his destination Amari didn't forget to wave at everyone he met along the way. This had become quite the common sight amoung the village to see the bright ball of youth dashing to and fro to his destination, with the occasional trend of getting lost and needing directions, that many had grown fond of seeing over the years. Amari for the most part couldn't contain the clear joy expressed upon his face to finally be given the opportunity to join a real team, and hopefully make quite the lasting impression which he silently prayed wasn't his usual kind.

Finally arriving at his destination with a few side trips to help out here and there Amari paused to regain his breath while taking a seat upon the ground. A few moments later he had rested enough to stand upright again and take notice of his surroundings. He didn't really take notice of anyone until he decided to look up hearing the slight sound of leaves rustling, and spotted someone lying upon a tree branch. He gave her a wide smile and waved up to try and get her attention. He then turned his attention to his right where he saw his new sensei standing, and wondered just how had he overlooked someone like him.

He sighed in relief to see that only 2 of them had currently arrived which meant he wasn't the last to arrive as usual and saw this as a minor victory within his book. Amari then toon his seat upon the ground back, and simply waited until their sensei gave the orders. He didn't want to make a fool out of himself by giving a terrible introduction right off the bat.

Hideaki glanced praise at Zion as his smile reflected off of his face in response to his counter attack, ''Smart...'' He thought as he closed his eyes for a second. His boots scrapped the ground as he slid backwards eventually stopping and fixing his posture before he saw Katsumi rush at him. The will and determination that carried behind her as she rushed to attack him surprised him the least, Hideaki knew from the start that his students had what it took but it needed to be improved for the future. With every step Katsumi grew closer and with every breath Hideaki prepared as he reached behind his waist length cape to his kunai pouch, as she finally arrived within reach Hideaki reached out with the other arm and flicked her forehead. ''Knowing you're surroundings is a very important aspect of being a ninja... Katsumi..'' He said with a smirk right before he looked back over at Neji, ''You too.'' As he got the two's attention he pointed over at Zion as he had the bells for himself, He looked over at Zion a serious face displayed ''Nice work.'' A sigh overwhelmed him, his hands comfortably grasped on his waist and his eyes glared peacefully at the sky, ''Its a start'' he mumbled with his eyes eventually closing. A swift clap of his hands surprised the others as sensei turned to face everyone, ''Congratulations.. You all pass'' a smirk and closed eyes faced all of the students as the sense of accomplishment overwhelmed the area. ''Now... About those dumplings'' He asked the others to join as he turned around and started walking off, ''Dinner is on me tonight'' His head turned around as he continued to smile back at the students.

Meanwhile at the dumpling stand they sat carrying out conversations and all smiling and having a good time, a bond which might never break as the strength of all whom are in team four is as strong as the will of fire itself. As night drew closer and everyone began to head home for the day Hideaki stopped Katsumi right before she left and handed her the red book he used in the test. ''Congratulations'' He spoke softly in a proud tone, ''use it well.''

The next morning the sun shined and the wind was just right which made it even a more beautiful day than before, The birds chirped and the leaves fell gently on the walkways and rooftops. Today the Genin would take upon their first mission, a very surprising and exciting day as team four was directed to the mission room held by none other than the Hokage, Hiruzen Sarutobi. A mission yet simple but complex but worthy of Genin and their sensei, a rescue mission nearest the mist village. A village called ''Fudai Village'' and the home of ruthless bandits and prized mist village shinobi. Konoha gate opened as they all packed and set off on the road ahead!

[warning=red] @Ginutusu and @The Classy Mog have your enemy character(s) either find us on the road or when we get to the village.[/warning]

Katsumi took the advice Hideaki told her and Neji to heart, though it wouldn't be something she would let herself live down. That little piece of advice also went into her diary, as well as the precise description of the battle from her point of view. As she wrote about it on their way to the dumpling stand, she had given Zion praise and congratulations for being able to get the bells from their sensei's belt. She had also praised Neji for his quick thinking and ability to understand what his teammates had in mind, which had been really helpful. Katsumi herself had come to the conclusion that Zion had come up with the entire plan; feigning that he had been knocked out, pretending to throw away the training session by asking for a break, allowing himself to get hurt, then did what he did to get the bells. It was genius!

Though before she could go home, her sensei stopped and handed her the very same red book that he had used during the session. Her eyes lit up and a look of awe came over her face, even though it was a little much for just a book. She happily took it and gave a quick yet deep bow in gratitude, "Thank you, sensei! I'll use it well! I promise!" She had told him.

When she took it back with her, many thoughts came over her head about what was in the book. Was it a diary that Hideaki used as well with recorded events he had gone through from Genin to Jonin? Were all of his ninja secrets in there? Maybe some hidden techniques or something that he didn't want Zion or Neji to find out? Or perhaps the same book she had seen adult men reading out in Konoha?

Katsumi had been in her room, holding the red book in her hands. It was surprisingly clear of dents and cuts despite Hideaki having used it the way he did. There were no words on the front of it, nor on the spine which was strange for a book. "How can sensei find the right book he's looking for if the name's not on the cover? Maybe an error during publishing?" She wondered to herself.

Katsumi kept note of it, though then came the time she would need to open it. The very first time she would open the book to unveil the very contents that her sensei was so enraptured in during the very first battle of Team Four! The Genin grinned and took a breath, readying to open the book to the first page. Since she wore her heart on her sleeve, it was very clear from the very wide smile that she was excited about this.

Katsumi opened the book and looked at the paper. There was nothing.

"Wha..." Katsumi's face went from excited to confusion. She flipped through the entire book and saw that there was absolutely nothing on any of the pages. All were absolutely blank. She couldn't believe it! "Sensei!" She exclaimed out loud with an angry pout following after, flipping through the book again to make sure her keen eyes weren't deceiving her, but it was still just blank front and back.

While she was glaring at the book, it was then her eyes widened and her mouth dropped as she came up with two separate conclusions. Either this book was under a seal Genjutsu thingy to make it look blank, or their sensei had never been reading anything. Perhaps him pretending to read something was meant to motivate his students to do better! By making them work harder to make him pay attention to them, but the whole time he was paying attention!

"Aahhh! That must be it!" She said to herself, deciding the second guess must be right though the first one wasn't completely dismissed. "Sneaky sensei. But that's why he's a Jonin!"

The following morning, Katsumi was with her teammates and sensei again. This time, they were going on their very first mission! She was noticeably the most excited out of the rest of the team, considering her wide grin. Though Katsumi did her best to keep from looking too childish. This was still a mission; they had to look and act like ninjas! She had scribbled down about how she and her team were going on their first mission prior to arriving, but because they hadn't actually done it yet, she couldn't write more details. The little section she had was enough for now.

She had done a little bit of practicing, such as throwing kunai up into the air then hitting it with the book to try and make it spin like her sensei had done the previous night. But by the looks of her bandaged hands and arms, there were a lot more failures than successes. One day, she would get it right!

• Love
Reactions: Kame
Neji didn't really say much while they went out to eat. He mostly kept to himself and thinking about their training they had done earlier. Neji was not going to let himself get embarrassed like that again. He had graduated number 2 in their class just behind his cousin Sasuke. And if Neji was ever going to be strong enough he could not get embarrassed like that anymore. After dinner Neji had went off by himself and trained for a while. Working on some new jutsu and working on his skills.

Neji awoke the next morning as he prepared himself for their mission. Neji had been told by Sasuke that his squad was heading to the land of waves to protect a brige builder. Nejis squad would be heading to the fudai village for a rescue mission. It was quite a mission for their first mission but apparently there were a lot of expectations for this squad. Neji arrived at the gate with all of his gear packed and everything he needed ready to go.

Reactions: Jessica
Status
Not open for further replies.