Naruto: The Rookie Nine | Looking for Players!

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PastaSentient

Original poster
0eKDqEZ.png

20121105181011!Losnuevenovatos.jpg

gr0msYN.png

OOC Link. Post your apps here!
Greetings! Welcome to a brand new Roleplay that I hope will be enjoyable for everyone. The goal of this roleplay is for each player to take on the role of a member of the Rookie Nine starting the morning of the Academy Graduation. Canon history for each character is in place, but will allow for slight adjustments that would make sense in character. For example, Shino having knowledge of ROOT or Hinata already knowing how to Tree Walk. If it can be argued from a world state that they have these skills, I'll most likely allow it.

I will be needing a minimum of eight other people to join as a genin, and would greatly prefer another three in order that we might have actual players take control of Kurenai, Kakashi, and Asuma. The Jounin Sensei's will act as assistant GM's. If we are unable to find a full twelve roleplayers for this RP, I will do my best to GM the Senseis. Additionally, the rookies are allowed full control over their families/clans. The player in control of Kiba will have full control of all Inuzuka characters for example.

The story direction for this RP will be similar to canon, however it will deviate in both tone and direction as the plot progresses until it eventually becomes a true Alternate Universe. Tone will hopefully be more in line with the gruesome world of ninja and there will be no talk-no-jutsu/deus ex machina. On this note, anyone applying for the role of Naruto will be held to a higher standard in order to avoid Godmodding or the like. I will be playing the role of Sasuke in order to help with this. My goal is to develop the internal military system and political standings amongst the factions of Konoha. The genin will be trained as actual soldiers. This will allow for more interactions between the teams and character development.

Every character will start with canon jutsu, but will be allowed to develop custom or canonical jutsu as it makes sense within the RP.

One final note in order to shake things up a bit from canon, Teams will be a first come/first serve basis. Your character is not relegated to their canonical teams. For example Shikamaru could end up being on Team Seven with Hinata and Shino. In order to allow everyone the best possible choice, I'll choose my team last.

Anyways, it is my hope that this will become a great story we can all develop together. Onto the rules!

4adgpKU.png

-All IWAKU Guidelines must be followed.
-My word is law. I will always strive to hear everyone out and provide a drama-free forum, but at the end of the day I am in charge.
-OOC drama/conflict is forbidden. If you are concerned about another player, please contact me privately and I will do my best to help resolve the situation. Let's keep the forum clear of such pettiness.
-18+. This Roleplay will become somewhat dark and mature. Romance is freely allowed, but please fade to black during the actual forum. Take all sexy times to private chat. Sexy time is prohibited for genin until after they reach seventeen years of age. No underage erotic roleplay.
-Quality. This RP is for at minimum, intermediate role players.
-Posting. I request that all who join post a minimum of 3-5 paragraphs and do so bi-weekly. Players will be contacted at one week of inactivity and dropped at two weeks. Please let me know if something happens and you will not be able to post. Real life happens.
-No God modding, OOC in the IC, or any other newbie RPer blunders.

OlN1a3U.png

-Jounin/Naruto Applications. Jounin will be considered assistant GMs if chosen. The Jounin/Naruto application will be held to an advanced RP standard.
-Players are limited to one character. Two are only allowed if playing both a Jounin and Genin. Players control the family members of each rookie.
-Applications are to be submitted on this forum.
-Custom Jutsu will be allowed as the RP progresses. I reserve the right to nullify any jutsu that is ridiculously overpowered.

cHlXY6l.png

Kakashi (Available/Team 7)
Asuma (Available/Team 10)
Kurenai (Available/ Team 8)
Sasuke (Pastasentient/Unknown)
Naruto (Available/Unknown)
Sakura (Available/Unknown)
Hinata (Available/Unknown)
Shino (Available/Unknown)
Kiba (Available/Unknown)
Shikamaru (Available/Unknown)
Ino (Available/Unknown)
Chouji (Available/Unknown)

FIa4iEr.png
General
Name:
Sexual Orientation:
Blood Type:
Birthday:
Good Trait(s):
Bad Trait(s):
Hobby(ies):
Personal Quote:

History:

Clan Info
Clan Name:
Symbol:

History:

Kekkei Genkai:

Looks and Appearance
Place an Image

Ninja Information

Village:
Academy Graduation Age:
Chakra Element:
Databook Stats (Found at the naruto wiki):
-Ninjutsu:
-Taijutsu:
-Genjutsu:
-Intelligence:
- Strength:
-Speed:
-Stamina:
-Handseals:
-Total:

Jutsu's

Name:
Type:
Effect:

SAMPLE POST (2-4 Paragraphs)

CHARACTER DIRECTION (3-5 Paragraphs)
This is essentially where do you want to take this character? How do you wish to differentiate them from Canon going forward?

DID YOU READ THE RULES?
At what age is sexy time allowed?

General
Name: Sasuke Uchiha
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Blood Type: AB
Birthday:July 23
Good Trait(s): Ambitious, Genius, Handsome
Bad Trait(s): Selfish, Cold, Distant, Obsessive
Hobby(ies): Training
Personal Quote: "My name is Sasuke Uchiha. I hate a lot of things, and I don't particularly like anything. What I have is not a dream, because I will make it a reality. I'm going to restore my clan, and kill a certain someone."

History:

Sasuke is the second and youngest son of the Uchiha clan head: Fugaku Uchiha, and his wife Mikoto. During his early childhood, Sasuke greatly admired his older brother Itachi, wanting to be more like him. Even though he would often be too busy to hang out with Sasuke, they would enjoy what little quality time they could together. Despite his love for Itachi, Sasuke constantly lived in his older sibling's shadow, who was an acknowledged prodigy viewed by the Uchiha as a genius, and whose work would further strengthen the bonds between the village and the clan. Sasuke's father in particular took an active interest in Itachi, thereby neglecting Sasuke. Itachi, on the other hand, was rather ambivalent and full of oddly conflicting undercurrents, acknowledging Sasuke by taking interest in his progress as a ninja and spending time playing with him when even their father did not. Despite consistently scoring at the top of every class, Sasuke failed to receive any recognition from his father beyond comparing his success to his older brother. Itachi acknowledged the rivalry Sasuke felt telling him: "We are brothers. I am the wall you must climb over, so you and I will continue to exist together."

When Sasuke was at age 7, the relationship between Itachi and his father deteriorated after Itachi was questioned by other members of the Uchiha clan regarding the apparent suicide of his best friend, Shisui. As Itachi's behaviour became increasingly bizarre, Sasuke's father began spending more time with Sasuke, and began teaching him the Great Fireball Technique, a common family technique seen as a sign of coming of age in the Uchiha clan. When Sasuke first tried to perform the technique, he only produced a small flame and after that, some smoke. His father said that Itachi was able to do it on his first try at Sasuke's age, which disappointed him. Later, with one week of training, Sasuke performed the technique in front of his father, proving himself a prodigy as well in his own right and finally receiving his father's individual recognition rather than comparison to Itachi. Sasuke's father told him that he could now proudly wear the clan's emblem on his back. Following this, Sasuke also received a stern warning not to follow in Itachi's footsteps any further, surprising him as before, he was told to be like him; and his father showing he was proud of Sasuke for the first time the same way as he used to with Itachi.

On one fateful night, Itachi slew the Uchiha Clan, sparing only Sasuke, saying that he was not even worth killing. In addition, Itachi told him, "You've always wanted to surpass me. That's why I'm going to let you live… if you wish to kill me, then hate me, despise me… and by all means flee, cling to your wretched life." He told him that "to awaken the Mangekyō Sharingan," he "had to kill the person he was closest to", and that "when we battle, we should have the same eyes".

Clan Info
Clan Name: Uchiha
Symbol:
Uchiha_Symbol_Wallpaper_by_Kiri_Yuri.jpg

History: The Uchiha clan was one of the four noble clans of Konohagakure and was also reputed to be the village's most powerful clan producing shinobi that were exceptionally talented and battle-oriented, and in possession of the renowned Sharingan. Together with the Senju Clan, they founded Konohagakure, but is now almost extinct after the events of the downfall of their Clan.

Kekkei Genkai: Sharingan.

Looks and Appearance

7A5iG73mv-Q.jpg

Ninja Information
Village: Konoha
Academy Graduation Age:12
Chakra Element: Fire/Lightning
Databook Stats (Found at the naruto wiki):
-Ninjutsu: 2.5
-Taijutsu: 2.5
-Genjutsu: 1.5
-Intelligence: 2
- Strength: 2
-Speed: 3
-Stamina: 2
-Handseals: 3
-Total: 18.5

Jutsu's

Name: Great Fireball Technique
Type: Ninjutsu/Fire
Effect:A technique where chakra kneaded inside the body is converted into fire and expelled from the mouth either as a massive orb of roaring flame or as a continuous flame-thrower. The scope of the attack is altered by controlling the volume of chakra that is mustered. The released flames will engulf their target, and leave a crater on the ground's surface. This technique apparently requires more than average chakra reserves and most genin should not be able to do this technique.

SAMPLE POST (3-5 Paragraphs)

Sasuke struggled to keep his face neutral as his knees and back muscles groaned in protest at the awkward position. He had been seated in meditation for some time now, waiting for his sponsors to summon him to their audience chambers. Homura Mitokado and Koharu Utatane were not known for their kindness despite their advanced age. Sasuke suspected that such age had simply made them bitter. Tragedy had a way of hardening the heart as he was well aware. His eyes remained straight forward even as numerous candles flickered along the walls. It gave an ominous gloom to the lightly darkened room.

His mind wondered as to the reason for his summons. Since the...massacre of his clan five years ago, he had only spoken with the two elders a few times. Mostly updates on the status of his Clan's financial holdings. The first meeting had left him bewildered...a young child with the barest knowledge of mercantile dealings and backroom politics. The second time had been different. He would not allow a lack of knowledge to prevent him from restoring his clan's fortunes. The Uchiha Clan was more than merely flesh and blood. It was money...and influence. His father's journals, dull as they were, were a gift sent from Kami when it came to the managing of the Uchiha wealth.

Now, here he waited for what would be one of his last meetings with his sponsors. Today he had graduated as rookie of the year from his Academy class. The smallest sneer passed beneath his placid face at the thought of his fellow students. Certainly there were some with potential, but the majority were mindless psychophants. He hoped that his future team would be at least tolerable. The young boy sighed. In the end it wouldn't matter. If he had his way, he would be Chuunin within the year and applying for ANBU.

His musings were cut short by the opening of a door. Onyx eyes observed the cloaked ANBU that had appeared. With a silent gesture, the ANBU motioned for Sasuke to rise and follow. The young Uchiha rose gracefully from the floor and nodded as he walked forward. Today was the start of something new. He would not waste this chance.

CHARACTER DIRECTION (2-4 Paragraphs)

My goal for this version of Sasuke is to have him more attached to the Uchiha Clan as a more political scion than simply desiring to kill Itachi. His primary focus is restoring his clan as opposed to killing his brother, though that is a major factor. I hope to develop him as a political creature and somewhat similar to Danzou in the subtlety of his methods. He will not be as opposed to romantic relationships, knowing the need for such things later in life. That said, any romantic relationship will be hard fought and almost cold unless the girl is able to break through his professional shell.

As a shinobi, I hope to develop Sasuke as more of a Tobirama styled fighter. More focused on the esoteric shinobi arts as opposed to devastating ninjutsu as in the manga. Though those will probably come with age. I hope to make him less reliant on the sharingan and am leaning towards not giving him the Mangekyou entirely, though it once again depends on how things progress on the Itachi factor.

And once again, here's the OOC Link.

Status
Not open for further replies.