Naruto: The Motley Crew of Konoha

Philosopher; Crimson Text;
Uzumaki Himari

"Since I'm an overconfident ex-shinobi loser, I should show you that my retirement didn't have anything to do with my abilities as a shinobi, but family reasons."

Oh, he had heard that huh? Himari's eyes looked to the side guiltily, until she remembered never to take her eyes off the enemy. And Yuki-sensei happened to be a very capable one. Also, she wasn't sorry. So, she stared straight at him, narrowing her eyes suspiciously. He had taken down Moriko in what seemed like half a second, as long as she kept a close eye on him then she would be okay. Of course, that was easier said than done. A lightning jutsu that blinded them all was the last thing she had been expecting. So much so, she hadn't even paid attention to the chakra sources around her to navigate her way to their opponent even blind.

Instead, she received a kick to the back and a lecture. It couldn't get more annoying than this. This entire training session was nothing but Himari being kicked in the butt and it was frustrating to say the least. Not as frustrating as removing the paper from her back reading "badger". "What! Why am I the badger?" She huffed and balled the paper up in her hands before tossing it aside.

Initial reflexes told her to charge and attack, but Himari wasn't a fool. They had to think this through. They. As a team ... The idea was very bitter to the Uzumaki. But she had something to prove and she hated losing more than she did Itsuki's idiotic face. And as for the cat girl, she didn't know what to make of just yet. To be a team, they had to have trust. How could they trust one another if they only just met? They didn't have any choice but to, and if they wanted to win this as much as Himari did, then she was willing to give it a try if only just for now.

Itsuki was good at clones, but he was also good at being a little shit. Himari decided to keep that bit to herself. She'd have time to tell him later.

Taking a deep breath to calm herself, she crossed her arms over her chest. "I'm good at many things, too many to mention in one sitting." It came off as a brag, but she was simply stating facts. "I'm really good at taijutsu and sensing chakra." Hell, Himari sensed others chakra naturally as an unconscious ability.

"Tch, what a know-it-all jack-ass." Itsuki muttered about their sensei as he rubbed his head. That smack didn't hurt that much, but boy, did it smart! "Running off alone puts yourself at risk!" He mimicked Yuki's voice, mocking it while rolling his eyes. His hand reached around to his back and yanked the sheet of paper off to read. "Wow." He scoffed, crumpling the sheet of paper up and throwing it away. "A rabbit? Really? Now he's definitely going to pay for that. I am no rodent, I'ma fox!"

Now that he had vented his irritation, he turned around to look at Himari and Moriko. Gone was his irritated look, and in its place wasn't his usual smug smirk, but a rather serious game face. "Okay. I'll play this game your way this time." He told the two of them, plopping onto the ground and crossing his arms and legs. "Moriko, you mentioned you're really good at stealth, right? Since we're obviously not fast enough to catch him, we should probably use that to our advantage. I'm pretty tricky with wire, so maybe we can use that to control his movements some."

He then shifted his gaze to Himari, clearing his throat in a rather obnoxious fashion as he tried to squeeze out his next few words. "Himari...you can sense his Chakra and you're strong...you can help us track him. He won't be able to hide from you easily, and he'll want to avoid getting punched by you. If we can trick him...set him up...then maybe Moriko can score a hi- I mean grab the bell with your amazing stealth." It was a pretty small plan, but it was the best plan he could come up with at the moment. Maybe they'd come up with something better or not, but they had to do something.

"I used to play this prank on people all the time. It was great." He couldn't help but grin a little at the memories. It was a sad grin, but a grin nonetheless. "Any questions? Suggestions?" He asked, looking between them. "Himari is the frontliner, I back her up with wires, and Moriko strikes from the shadows when he least expects it."

"No objections?" Itsuki looked at his squad mates, waiting only the smallest fraction of a second before clapping his hands together, taking their brief silence as agreeance. "It's decided! We'll set Moriko up to grab the bells, and tomato-hair and I can steal some hits in on this jerk, hopefully." That was the best way for him to justify this. At this point in time, he truly just wanted to punch their Jonin at least once. And if he couldn't do it, then hopefully Himari could. He had a sneaking suspicion that she would hit harder than him anyway.

"Kage Bunshin No Jutsu!" The boy formed a hand sign, and in a cloud of smoke, two copies of Itsuki appeared, wearing the same smirk on their faces as the original. The clones pulled a wire from their tool pouches and scattered, lacing a few wires along with the trees and forest life. "They're going to get me started, but to make sure you don't get caught up in the wires, I'm going to go as you do." He told Himari. The last thing they needed was for their muscle to get caught up in their own trap.

"Cat chick," He turned to Moriko, "Don't really know how to keep you out of the wires, so...if you pick a spot for the ambush, we can work around that." It would be better if she chose the location and they forced Yuki in that direction, after all. "And if you can't get the bell....then kick him in his nuts." That was close enough in his opinion.

The plan seemed pretty good to him, enough so that he was pretty proud of it. It was almost like coming up with a prank, except with a team, and he wouldn't get in trouble for it. Maybe this teamwork thing wasn't all bad, especially if everything worked out for them. But he was smarter than to count his chickens before they hatched.​

@MaryGold @CrystalTears @Greenie

wYDgLwQ.png

"Sounds like a fine plan to me," Moriko replied with a nod. Working in the shadows was her forte after all; it was nice to see that Itsuki seemed to have taken some note of that at least. "No need to worry about the wires, I'll be keeping to the ground, and Kuro will be able to warn me if anything's coming my way." At least she hoped he would. "Also, the name's Moriko..." She ended that with a small chuckle, unsure if he had forgotten her name or not. She didn't actually take offense to be calling any nickname- it was more a just in case second thought.

She turned away from the two, brow furrowed as she tried to assess their surroundings and see where their jounin may be hiding. It was difficult to say, but if it would have been easy to find him, then he wouldn't have been move of a jounin. She paused a moment before looking for Kuro, raising an eyebrow.

"Sure, I can find him for you, but what you be the fun in that?" The cat flicked its tail, looking down at Moriko from the branch upon which it sat. He blinked slowly before bringing a paw up to his maw to lick.

There was a disgruntled look on the girl's face; she stuck her tongue out at the cat and then turned to look at Himari. "You can sense chakra, right? Point me in his direction and I'll head the opposite way..." She made symbols with her hands and there appeared a clone. "This one'll go with you two."

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: MaryGold