[fieldbox="Amegakure Sucks, magenta, dashed, 10, Tahoma"]
Tomiko | Team 2 Genin | Amegakure

A frown grew on her face as Aiko explained why they would be doing nothing to support their allies down there. Tomiko knew she was right, that getting involved might cause more of an issue. Still, she wasn't sure if she felt terribly comfortable just standing here while her brother fought down there. It didn't seem like a problem since he was holding back from fighting, but what if the situation got any worse? She'd already found out that she lost most of her team on this mission; Tomiko was unsure if she wanted to risk losing Hiraku as well. Thinking these thoughts as she watched the police move in and order the people below to stop fighting, she briefly debated moving in despite Aiko's orders.

Yet she couldn't make herself move. Her thoughts flashed back towards the day that she had been kicked out of the Hyuuga. The way Hiraku had just let them kick her out. Then when they had talked about it, Hiraku had hinted that he only let her go because he knew something was going to happen. Turning away, Tomiko decided that just like Hiraku had let her go then; she'd let him go now. Sometimes you just had to suck it up and turn away.

As she walked away, following after Aiko, Tomiko stared at the ground to be alone with her thoughts for now. Eventually, she sped her pace up a bit to catch up to Aiko, looking up towards the woman for a brief moment before speaking. "What do I need to do now, ma'am?" She asked in a quiet tone, a bit scared that her annoyed mood from earlier might be turned onto Tomiko. Still, she figured that sitting around wasn't the best idea while they were still on the mission. She also wasn't terribly sure she wanted to look lazy around Aiko, not with her current mood.

After everything that had happened; between the riots, losing her friends, and now Hiraku being arrested, Tomiko wasn't terribly happy with how the mission was coming along. Reflecting on these as she awaited Aiko's reply, Tomiko came to a small conclusion on all of this.

Amegakure sucks.​
[/hr][/fieldbox]

Neji Uchiha
Konohagakure Genin

Just as soon as the fighting started the fighting ended. Neither Neji nor Sho really got any shots in each blocking each others attacks. And soon enough the police showed up to break them up. Neji sighed and thought to himself "Great just what I need." He deactivated his sharingan and stood up. Not wanting to cause anymore problems then he already had, he was just going to let them arrest him and sort it out when they got to the police station. Neji now not fighting realized how many people had gathered around. There was a pretty big crowd watching Neji and Sho fight. He sighed as he looked around, he didn't see her, but he was sure that Aiko sensei was probably there and probably saw what had happened. Exactly what he needed right now.

Neji stood there as he heard the officers words and waited to be handcuffed so they could go to the police station. Once they got there Neji would explain what had happened with Sho. He figured he would still probably have to pay some sort of fine or something but the damage shouldn't be too bad. Still this was not something Neji wanted to deal with right now. He glanced over at Sho as some anger built up, this was after all, all Sho's fault. Neji was just trying to go back to the barracks before this idiot had to attack him. Neji just sighed and looked back at the police as they were getting ready to take them to the police station.

[fieldbox="Sho Deshuga, lightblue"]
Team Something with Two Numbers Chuunin | On the Streets

The dive didn't work. Unfortunately. The Uchiha shot out of the way and sent a kick towards his now exposed back. When did the little Uchiha get some more fighting power in him, Sho wondered as he dropped low to avoid the kick, his hands and knees burrying in the layers of mud that were covering the streets. That was when the whistle came. Loud and sharp and entirely against Sho's liking. He knew what that whistle meant and had somewhat expected it to happen sooner or later, but not this soon. Usually he managed to avoid that whistle since if he engaged with anyone on the street it was done in the smaller alleys, not out in the open before the barracks. Might not have been the smartest move. Not that he cared. Or well, he cared a little because he didn't fancy going back to prison.

Slowly he rose up, dragging the mud with him, as a strangely familiar voice rang out and called his name. Kids and Sho. The red haired boy slowly turned and looked at the rising figure of Jugo, his interrogator during the whole Post Office incident. Sho rolled his eyes. Great. Of all the guys that could be here, he got this annoying fellow. Resisting would be pointless even though he longed to do so. It would give him great satisfaction to see Jugo's face on the ground as well.

But that would be stupid. And he was not stupid.

So he spread his arms, his hands open, and turned fully to the familiar man with a scrowl on his face. He didn't even look at Neji anymore. The boy wasn't really worth that much attention if he couldn't serve as a punching bag. He let the officer nearest to him cuff him without much trouble, but couldn't help himself from replying to Jugo who kept spouting annoying words at the group.

"Shouldn't you be at your Godai match, pal?" he sneered as the officers pushed him away towards the station. "Clinging to that silly team of yours like some pathetic fangirl." He spat on the ground before leaving Jugo behind him. The prospect of jail was annoying especially since he was pretty sure that he wouldn't have the money to pay the bail. Nor would his mother have anything to spare. And if that was the case, it could be more than a day or two until he would step foot outside again. As such a last insult felt good.

[/fieldbox]

Niji Yakei - Break time
Wolf Country

After goodness knows how long Niji had spent helping with the set-up of the outer walls of the camp, finally the kunoichi felt she'd done a respectable amount of work for the time being, it was high time to take a short break and maybe start reading the new Icha Icha book she brought along.

A quick gaze over the surrounding area of the camp lead her in the right direction to her tent, fortunately she had a small, individual tent for herself so she hadn't needed to worry about making space for others in the otherwise cramped occupation. A quick change into a fresh uniform, Niji sat herself down within the tent and pulled out her newest book. They were in war time, essentially, Niji wanted to get what time she could to herself to just relax and enjoy her own hobbies.
Of course she could be doing more with her time, just as training with the soldiers or seeing if there were any reconnaissance missions to be taken, but surely they could wait for her to get through a few pages of her book... Just a few pages.

Those few pages turned into a few dozen pages before long, which was about when Niji thought she'd spent long enough reading, so she stowed the book away and left her tent. The training ground would be a good idea, otherwise she wouldn't be familiar with the way the soldiers fought. So off she went, merely to watch for now whilst soldiers ran combat drills with one another.​

[fieldbox="Lore Among Leaders, #33cccc, solid"]
A collab between Alice and Zane
Summary: A small talk ensues, before some lore gets talked about. Also Kiyomi is mad no one broke her vase.

A few laughs would resonate among the little group Leo found himself in, with himself chuckling along with the rest. Apparently one of the leaders child broke a vase accidentally and tried covering it up with a blanket. It was an adorable story on the naive personality children had, well some anyway. Taking a sip of his crimson red drink, the others would excuse themselves to go eat. Leo would give them a open hand bow, before walking away himself in search of new conversations partners. He wondered if a Hanta representative was here, a converstaion with them might amuse him knowing where they were currently. He smiled at his own humor as he took anoter sip from his drink before spotting some potential conversation. Might even prove intriguing considering one was her grace, who was chatting away with some other nobles from what he could assume. He would proceed to walk over to the group with a smile on his face, he would do a clenched fist bow to the group although it was more for Kiyomi. "Greetings everyone, I hope you don't mind if I join the conversation?"

It became briefly silent as Leo would join the group. The one who had spoken before threw a slight annoyed glance at Leo, but before he could say anything somebody else spoke up. "Lord Tokuwaga, you're free to join," Kiyomi answered as she gestured to the man who had thrown an irritated look into Leo's direction, "Sir Naohoki just told us about his last plans to make the infrastructure in a few regions better based on a trip he had last time visiting the Grass province." The teen had clearly not missed the annoyance as it was clear that there were people who were seeking to win attention, only growing amused by the appearance of what could be a new 'player' in the the attention game. "I hope that the travel from Vindex was a comfortable one, my lord?"

Leo caught the look that Naohoki threw his way, yet he kept his calm exterior with the same smile, which only grew when Kiyomi said he was free to join. "Thank you your grace." he spoke standing up straight as she told him what Naohoki was just talking about. Making some regions better did sound pretty interesting. "Is that so? I would love to hear about it in more detail later sir Naohoki." Leo said giving the man a polite smile as he sipped from his drink, turning his gaze to Kiyomi who asked about his travels from Vindex. "They were fair your grace. I arrived yesterday so I had time to get ready for the event today. You should come visit Vindex one day. I recommend our fields where our fruit trees grow for Bloody Victory. It's a place where my people cherish as a stepping point."

"I can't say that I had ever the pleasure to visit Vindex," Kiyomi replied back. She thought about it for a moment and slightly tilted her head to the right, "I did have the pleasure to enjoy some of your clan's... export. Am not certain how well received it would be here, but I must say it has a... rich flavour." The teen's left eyebrow perked up slightly. She noticed that Naohoki wanted to speak further, but she was frankly done with listening to the man's rambling. While it all sounded it would provide some beneficial effects for the regions, improving the infrastructure in the said areas would just do his trade network better. Not something she had effort to see through. "I apologise mister Naohoki, but I am afraid we will have to talk later about your plans. Or you can send them tomorrow and I will make sure that I will try to read and write you a response back," the friendly comment was met with Naohoki making a deep bow while voicing his gratitude. He flashed a smile towards Kiyomi but as he turned around, the man shot a quick glare at Leo. "So, Lord Tokuwaga," Kiyomi only said as she would wait.

"Ah did you now? Well I'm glad you enjoyed it. My people work hard to keep it's legacy going strong, yet I can understand why some may not be very pleased about it's appearance here." Leo would reply back when he noticed Naohoki trying to get a word in, which would be shut down by Kiyomi with a talk later. he resisted the urge to show amusement at this, yet she said he could also send the plans to her and she would respond back to him. That seemed enough to please him for now, although he caught that quick glare from him, which Leo responded with a wave goodbye to the man. Her grace would then speak his name, and as he turned his attention to her, he noted thats where she would stop. Well that was of no issue, he was decent enough at making conversations. Besides he didn't need to improve anything for his own benefit, so he didn't need waste her time with so trivial matters. "How are you feeling as of late your grace? I heard about what happened."

Kiyomi's facial expression wouldn't show any chance, but the jade colour of her eyes would darken by a bit as Leo asked the question. "I am okay, thanks for asking," the teen answered. There was the brief thought on what the question would lead up to, what he would want to ask or request from her. "Luckily the culprit was quickly found and the matter solved," Kiyomi added as she would lightly shrug afterwards. "What are your plans now, though? Going back to Vindex soon, now that the clan meeting has ended?"

"I see, well I'm glad to hear that." He would state as she would try to play the situation off, which caused him to chuckle. "Indeed a lucky criminal he was to be caught by others instead of you." He responded with before she asked what his plans were. "Well I have some plans with some minor nobles, so I will be spending possibly a week or two here before heading back. I trust my advisor to keep Vindex running for that long. Simple plans really. Just talks of trade and ideas to improve relations and all that, the typical life of a clan leader. I've in fact been trying to run into a Hanta representative to attempt to get our two clans on friendly terms again, yet alas I haven't meet one yet." Taking a sip from his drink, he would swallow the liquid before raising a finger. "Speaking of the clan meeting, I apologize for not being there in person. I do hope my representative stayed in line."

The fact that he wanted to better the relations between his and the Hanta clan made Kiyomi unsure of how much she should believe of that. Perhaps it was her growing pessmisme that was getting the better of her, but she couldn't fathom a reason why the Tokuwaga would value a better relationship with the Hanta. Seeing their history, which had led to the expansion of the Hon and Tokuwaga on behalf of the Hanta. Something that she didn't think that the Hanta had forgotten yet after all this time. "I am aware that the leader of the Hanta clan is present," Kiyomi started, "Or at least, attending to the meeting. Am not sure where he is now," she further added as she thought about it. It was certainly interesting to see to how a meeting between the leaders of the Tokuwaga and Hanta would transpire. "Though, I doubt that drinking Bloody Victory would be appreciated by Lord Hanta, Lord Tokuwaga."

"Are they now? I'll have to ask around for them then. Yet rest assured your grace, I know they dislike the drink. I'll be sure to finish it before I talk with them, if I even find them that is." He spoke with an amused smile, not hiding the fact that even a simple drink can be used to bother people. Yet he did mean it, since if his people were willing to let go of that past event. Then the least he could do is try to get their relationship on better terms, even if teasing them about the past was amusing to him. "So how has today been treating you? Bet you've been hearing a lot of ideas on how to improve certain areas from various people no doubt."

"I would appreciate that Lord Tokuwaga. Am not really keen on solving a dispute over a drink this evening," Kiyomi replied back, not hiding her amusement, "As for today? I suppose it has been rather good. The clan meeting was a success seeing that nobody had the urge or nerve to walk away or insult another. Something that had me a bit worried due to the first clan meeting but suppose it is fair to say that some... people don't know how to do politics," the teen further added as she bitterly reminded how the first clan meeting had been both a certain success and disappointment for her, "Luckily indeed I have been hearing such good ideas lately." There was a sliver of sarcasm and amusement ringing through the comment.

"Yet what a story to tell guests." He spoke chuckling as he listened to her say the clan meeting went well, without anyone throwing insults or leaving during it. She didn't say the name but he knew who she was reffering too, it was afterall quite a spectacle to witness. "Well thats good to hear, meeting always have some success when a finger isn't being pointed at you followed by vulgar words. I hope the next one goes just as well." Leo would say as he once more listened to some sarcasm coming from Kiyomi, it was pretty amusing to listen to her. She always knew when to subtly insult people and when to pubically do it. "The perks of being a leader, all the good ideas just magically float your way." Leo said a slight smirk on his face as he spun the red liquid in his glass slowly. "Alas, I have no good ideas to throw your way. All I can throw your way is some war stories or gossip. Spoiler though, if sir Ren comes over. He may tell you about his child covering a broken vase with a blanket."

Kiyomi scoffed in an amused fashion, "Perhaps not now, but it seems lately that I have acquired the ability to inspire ideas for people to share," the teen replied back. Upon hearing that a child had broken a vase, Kiyomi threw a look right and left, as if she was already expecting the Ren to come over and apologise. "Well, suppose that the phrase that shattered pieces can bring luck might help to cool down any frustration sir Ren could have from the loss of a vase," Kiyomi said as she would lightly shrug with her shoulders, "But I wouldn't mind any stories of war or gossip. If I understand it correctly, doesn't the Tokugawa have a small community of Hons in their midst? Is there even a member of the Agnarr lineage still present?"

"He seemed rather amused by it, so maybe it shall. Also could be a story to use against said child later down the line. The amount of times my mother held the I gave birth to you card over me, whenever I didn't do something. I might be on the same wealth level of the Cho." He said chuckling a bit, before she would prompt him with a question. This raised a smile as he nodded. "Indeed, they are still pretty large in number as well. They make up some of my finest soldiers, in fact Mikoto Hon Agnarr is currently the best general I have. Holds our prestigious rank Megalodon. Stories of the Agnarr lineage are plentiful in my lands, in fact during the Tokugawa conquest back in the warring clan period. Mikoto's ancestor Assur, managed to break past even the hardest defense. Something that my ancestor Keiji couldn't achieve. They live up to that name of theirs, they truly are a terror to face."

She flashed a smile, though actually wondering who would be wealthier. The Tokugawa clan wasn't either a small or weak clan. Then again Kiyomi was more than aware of the dangers the peaceful appearing Cho could boast. Hearing the answer on her question, Kiyomi couldn't help but to snicker for a moment. "Heard some stories about the Agnarr lineage. It doesn't surprise me that they are living up to their name even to this date. Am curious to meet some of them, which might just be a good excuse to visit Vindex other than also just taste some good quality of Bloody Victory," Kiyomi replied, not hiding both her curiousity and slight amusement on how Leo praised the Hons. "Though, I haven't managed to hear or learn much about the rank of Megalodon. Would you perhaps be so kind to inform me about it, Lord Tokugawa?"

"I'm sure you would honor them with your presence. They speak highly of you, in fact Mikoto herself probably has the most respect for you. Just a warning though once the Agnarr lineage gets going, its damn hard to control them. So they might be assertive drunks, mostly Bei. I never seen such a small man become that more terrifying with a few drinks." He would state remember the last time the Agnarr lineage invited him to drink with them, was probably the most terrifying moment of his life and he was their at Magnhild when Shoji attacked. She then stated her curiosity in the rank of Megalodon, which made him happy, he was always proud to inform others about his clan's heritage. "You know how my people consider Sharks sacred correct? Well stories have it that Mercury Tokugawa one day while near the water, after a long fight against a minor clan saw this shadow in the water. It was around this time, where my clan didn't really have the generals it does today. Being led by just the clan leader himself. Yet as he stared at this shadow in the water stained red. It would grow, and continue to grow. It was bigger than any water creature he had ever seen, then the corpses of the enemy that floated at the top of the water were suddenly engulfed by this massive shark. It was bigger than any shark he had ever seen, possibly seven times the size of one. He knew just by seeing it, that this creature had to be the strongest shark in existence and would bestow the name Megalodon upon it for its sheer size and strength. Something he thought would be befitting the strongest person in his army. The Megalodon gave rise to the thought of multiple laders during war. To carry the rank means you are thought to be the strongest in the army, possibly in the entire lands. Its a rank my people look up to, as the person who holds it, needs to have no fear of battle." Leo would explain as he paused for a moment giving her a smile.
"Yet of course some people think it to be a made up story, as none have seen this massive shark in their lifetime. No sailors have seen it so some think the story to be just that. Yet I know that somewhere out there, the beauty still swims knowing hes the king of the sea."

If anything it was amusing to hear that the Agnarr lineage and the Hons who had decided to stay at the Tokugawa hadn't lost the habit of drinking. Though she was certain that Katashi, Hiron or Iroh would ever condone her to drink herself drunk, it was a most tempting idea to share a drink with the Agnarr Hons. As Leo Tokugawa continued about the Megalodon, Kiyomi wasn't sure about what to think of it. It sounded surreal. A sea creature that large, it was just something she couldn't imagine. Then again she had never seen a large shark. The memory of Masuba briefly drifted up, but she couldn't imagine a shark just engulfing a man with one bite. But Kiyomi wouldn't question if the story was made up or actually true. It was, at least, quite interesting to listen how the rank of Megalodon had came to be. A small smile crept back on her lips as he continued on how some people considered it to be made up. "Can't honestly imagine a sea creature that big. I like to think I have seen some big creatures, but a fish that can make a man vanish? Sounds quite dreadful, Lord Tokugawa," Kiyomi said as she imagined how it would be to sail on a ship and knowing that such creatures could perhaps lurk in the dark of the water, just waiting for you to make a mistake. To drag you into the dark of the sea, to never return to the surface. "Would be pretty interesting to see what the Tokugawa Megalodon is capable off. Though doubt that I am allowed by my advisors and councillors to participate in a spar against anybody really."

She had some doubts which was fine. it wasn't everyday you hear about shark capable of eating a man whole, that and no one but a deceased man has seen it. "Thats fine your grace, I can see how it may be hard to believe. Yet it inspires my men so who am I to tell them no? Although I must agree seeing such a creature while out on sea would make even the most brave probably accept their end." He replied to her not upset about the bit of disbelief, for all he knew it very well could be a fable, yet he liked to think it was the real deal. Yet she then said it would be interesting to see what Mikoto was amde of, yet ended her sentence with her advisors and council wouldn't allow it. "Is it out of fear for your safety? Or the possible word getting around about such a spar?"

"Perhaps a bit of both," Kiyomi answered, unable to resist to flash a smile, "Would certainly make an interesting gossip if an empress would decide to have a friendly spar against the Megalodon of the Tokugawa clan. But perhaps in the future at a tournament, we could find an excuse to see what your Megalodon is worth. I for one hope there won't be any huge fish that will devour men in one bite. Doesn't sound that pleasing," Kiyomi further added. Now that she thought of it, she wondered if the Hons under the service of the Tokugawa were any different than the other Hons. Not to forget, what kind of fun it would be to have the next clan meeting at Vindex. It wouldn't be a pleasing experience for some people, but perhaps that would only work in a beneficial way for both her and the Tokugawa.

"Well that tournament is a few months away from now, yet I'll make sure to invite you to it when it comes around. Yet I'm sure Mikoto would love to have a spar against you, if your advisors and council ever approved of it in the future. I can guarantee some Agnarr Hons will partake in the tournament. They usually do,although part of me feels they enter just for the combat part. Yet it should prove entertaining. Yet rest assured, there will be no giant shark that I promise." He said laughing lightly at her comments. He could tell she was a bit intrigued which was good enough for him, not everyday your empress spoke about visiting your lands for a tradition you hold.

"Good. Would hate to take a bath to then be surprised with some giant shark. I prefer my baths and swims without any shark in the waters," Kiyomi answered back. The prospect of facing some Hons of the Agnarr lineage was quite fun and exciting. While she had never met one and wondered if they had taken or accepted some of the traditions and manners of the Tokugawa clan, the idea that she was able and allowed to spar or duel was enough to already craft a smile on her lips. "Anyways," she wanted to continue but noticed that there was a pair of people that came towards her. "I am sorry, Lord Tokugawa. But I would like to talk later more about the Agnarr Hons and visiting Vindex," the teen flashed a smile as well bowing with her head towards the clan leader before taking her leave.[/fieldbox]

Kenshin Hishima
Kumogakure Genin

The smell of burning timber filled Baako's nostrils for, the strong scent, tickled his nostrils, almost making his eyes water. The soldiers he saw move up and down seemed stuck in their tasks, to disturb the motion would cause great disrespect, he believed. The boy was a constant victim of shattered concentration, it was at a later age he found a temporary cure, the lollipop. He was collecting dust like a unattended ornament, so now was good time to move, he believed. The boy would make his way to the forge, avoiding any collisions with the soldiers.

Upon arriving to the forge, Baako would hear metal meeting metal violently, also accompanied by harsh exhales. The light of the forge reflected in Baako's eyes as he watched the man's chalky, rough hands beat the hot blade, while the other kept it submissive, clenching the tongs, holding it on the anvil.
Sweat bubbles formed on the man's coal smothered forehead, as Baako drew closer he began to see why, the smith's area of work was extremely stuffy, Baako took no more steps, surprised how the man could still breath.

The grizzled face man's pupils slid to the side from time to time to confirm there was someone watching him, before locking back on to his work, his veins bulging in and out at the process. Baako was mesmerized by the rhythm the man, sadly it would be cut short as the man had paused, his vision fixated on Baako. The man's face was molded by contempt as he shouted to the boy. "You there, headband and white hair." His voice rough and raspy. Baako pointed to confirm the man was calling him, this was out of hesitant. "Well I don't see anyone else with white hair and headband do I?" Baako ignored the rhetorical question, it was better that way, he approached the man that towered over him keeping a two meter gap between them. "You Satoshi Jun? Or some next higher up?" The man asked, releasing his dark red hair from its bun. Baako didn't know how to take the question. "No." His face remained blank. The man scoffed, "Course you aren't, I've seen the man." The man paused to wipe his face with a clean white cloth. "Hell you watching me for?" The Bladesmith's tone was harsh towards the boy, as if he were a grown man. Baako didn't respond, with one nod he turned his back about to make his way somewhere else until he halted again.

The Bladesmith sighed, "Listen, kid". The man's face, filled with shame and regret."I should of known better to tell harmless curiosity from inspection." The man began removing his satchel. ""If you want to make yourself useful, then please, take this satchel to Jun Satoshi, tell him they are sharpened well."

Baako nodded, "Yeah." Baako received the satchel."Thanks kid." Baako had his back to the man, ready to make his way to his Shinobi Idol. "Shinobi...Kids don't belong in war camps." He heard another scoff from the Bladesmith before embarking on his task. The Kumogakure Genin felt blessed, he tried to bury his expectations deeper than a corpse, because life was full of surprises. "Life's a funny thing." The thought echoed in his head.

Reactions: Gerontis
[fieldbox=For who?, lightsalmon]

Satoshi Jun,

Jounin | Kumogakure Team 3 |Wolf country, near the coast | Commander of the host, at the camp.

It was always busy. There was just an endless stream of orders going and requests incoming. Then next to that were the reports. How the drills were going. How each group was faring in terms of equipment and morale. If anything things were starting to look brighter. The entire time soldiers were constantly being drilled. The drills did shift among the formations and units, but with the good morale ongoing Satoshi doubted that a problem would arise within their own ranks. With no troubles so far with the forces of the Republic, Satoshi had some growing hope that they would able to work together to end the trouble in this land. The sooner they would accomplish it then they all could go home. Once he saw the chance, Satoshi geared up. Stepping out of his tent, it felt like it had been two entire decades when he had been able to leave the tent and see the light of day.

Shoving his left thumb behind his belt Satoshi took the moment to just observe the activities he could spot from his tent. There were plenty of soldiers, officers and few shinobi who were going on and about. It was almost if he was back at Kumogakure, where everybody walked the streets. Heading to their work, friends, family or some other place. Few who only seemed to have a casual walk around. The only glaring difference with the army camp and Kumogakure was that here everybody was either armed or knowing how to use a weapon. Frowning Satoshi realised that even while the majority here was armed and trained on how to use them, there was less murdering going on. Before he could ponder, in an amused fashion, about it a messenger walked up to him. Accepting the offered scroll, Satoshi would roll it out and read its content.

"Odd..." Satoshi mumbled as his eyes narrowed briefly. Rolling the scroll up he turned to one of the guards that stood at the entrance of the tent. "Give this scroll to the Saviour. Make it clear I want her and her team to pack light and move to investigate this situation. Make it clear that I want more units on the stand-by and increase the number of the watch," Satoshi ordered. One of the guards nodded in silent as he would take the scroll and jog away. Turning to throw a glance at the camp, Satoshi sighed as he would head inside. Frowning his mind was working at the double to consider what was going on. One of the patrols at the beach had found a dead body with a carved message in wood. Something about that 'they' were coming. Who were 'they'? For who was the message meant for? Who was the dead person? The questions ran through Satoshi's head and the man had for a moment trouble to make them stand in line. It was clear that it had to be an outside force. None of the units that had gone on a patrol, scouting or forage mission had been missing nor been attacked. So what was going on?

"Commander, sir?"

Satoshi was leaning over a table where he had rolled out a map, throwing a look over his shoulder as one of his guards opened the flap of his tent. "Some genin brought you something from the smith's sir," the guard said. Nodding back Satoshi would turn for a moment to stare at the maps. Hoping that they would provide an answer. After a moment of silence, he released a sigh. Turning around he would once more exit his tent while the sight of a genin caught his gaze. "Yes?" Satoshi asked in a polite manner, placing his hands at his back while taking a few steps forward, passing by his guard, who would watch the exchange between their commander and the genin.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=It is time, teal]
Zakito Hon,

Jounin Commander | Major General of the First Division | Akinian Empire, Jounin Commander's office.

This was going to be it then. Zakito stared at the report. It felt odd. He already had written the various messages to make it happen. With the feast at the Royal Palace done, it was now all in progress. Fifteen thousand strong. More than the ten thousand, but he had received the messages from Takeru. There seemed to be going more on at the Wolf country, which was only more confirmation that he and the rest of the higher ups of the Empire were aware of. The Ghost ANBU who had been deployed at the Wolf country had already brought disturbing news and information. There was still little that they knew about the origins of the problems in the Wolf country but it was somehow linked to the Zealots.

The answers, thus, were present in the east.

A reason why there were now fifteen thousand troops mobilised instead of just ten thousand. The fleet had been prepared and expanded in silence. A project that had been going on for quite some time. One to which Zakito had assigned specialised and veterans units as guard to prevent any information leaking out to either an agency of neighbouring countries or worse: the Zealots. But now was the time to launch a major operation. Hopefully, something that would damage the Zealots in the long run and not cause more problems for the Empire. Knowing all too well that this wasn't a war, it felt damn well like one. Secrets, moving against another, forming plans and mobilising troops. It wasn't what peace entitled or was supposed to be. Drifting further into thoughts, Zakito couldn't help but wonder what Daisuke felt on the dawn of the Great War. Had he been afraid? Felt any guilt of knowing that he was about to send men and women, who just wanted to defend their homes or prove that they could fight for their homeland, to their potential deaths? Had he considered to take a step back, hoping that it would preserve more lives and sustain less of a grievous impact that war could bring?

A sigh escaped Zakito as he brought up his right hand and rubbed his forehead. There was no turning back. There hadn't been any turning back for weeks. He knew that, but it was still a tempting thought to consider to call everything off. Getting up from his seat his hands were placed at his back. Turning to the window that provided a good view over Konohagakure, Zakito's right eye searched for any sight of forces on the move. But there would be no military parade. No big event that heralded the movement of troops. There was no need to bring more stress and tension among the people than there probably already was.

The sound of somebody knocking on his door caused Zakito to turn his head, throwing a look over his shoulder. "Come in," he said. The door would open as the jounin commander turned around. A messenger came in and made a deep bow. Presenting a scroll, Zakito nodded as he would walk around his desk and accepted the scroll. The messenger would bow once more before he would take his leave. Heading to his desk Zakito recognised the symbol on the red wax that sealed the scroll. The right eye of the man narrowed slightly upon seeing the symbol.

It was the lord of Ecla, one of the houses within the Hon clan. A house that was led by Ihor Hon, one of the oldest leaders that had earned quite some respect within the clan. Settling down on his chair, Zakito would break the seal and roll out the scroll which contained a message written in Chonobi.

"Good."
At least, that was going as planned.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Travel-Stories-More Travel, gold, solid"]
Flashback a week ago at the old Kumo camp
Under Satoshi's orders several men would indeed be waiting at the exit of the camp, where Genji would arrive looking at all of them trying to guess who the woman could be out of them. To anyone else, it would look like a group of soldiers yet he knew just by looking that she was a bit out of place. Most likely not use to wearing such a disguise. "Try to look like a soldier if we come across anyone out there, they would spot your disguise a mile away with your posture." He would tell the woman who seemingly gave a silent response but a nod to show him acknowledgement. He would then look at the men and give a head nod to mount up, with them getting on their horse. Genji was about to mount as well when he saw the woman struggling to get up on her steed which caused him to sigh. "Going to be a long travel." Genji would mumble to himself as he went over to the woman and helped her up.

They would then set on out on their travel to deposit of the supposed princess. Not even ten minutes into the travel though, she would speak up. "Thank you for doing this." She would say to him, which would just prompt him to give a thumbs up to her causing the other soldiers to start laughing. With one of them speaking up. "Hey boys look at that, our leader trying to look as manly as possible. If I was a woman I'd swoon." The one named Boyd would say, which would cause some more laughter from the others. Except for Genji who just looked back at him and grit his teeth. "When we camp you, me, sparring." Genji said which made Boyd feigned fear as the others would laugh again.

More jabs would continue to be made among the group followed by several declarations of a fight when it was time to camp, yet such a thing never happened. After hours of travel they decided to make camp, allowing the horses a chance to rest, eat, followed by enjoying a well deserved drink by the nearby stream. Yet during the camp which had the soldiers on intervals walking away then coming back a few minutes later. The princess would pop a question. "Ummm, where do I use the restroom?" This question caused them to look at her and point all over the place. "Anywhere?" Klein would say one of the bigger men of the group. "Just dig a hole and go." He'd follow up his statement, expecting that to be an obvious answer. Yet she didn't seem to like that idea. "What!? I'm a lady though!" Which caused the men to start laughing, as Boyd spoke up this time. "Hate to break it to you, yet alas there ain't no private restroom around, closest you get is behind a tree." She pouted and folded her arms. "What if I get captured?!" She said which caused Klein to shrug. "If you want us to escort you behind the tree then by all means, but you are wiping your own ass. Which might also cause you to freak out. Leaves."

She started to sniffle a bit which caused a bit of an unease in the temporary camp as Genji sighed. "Here I'll escort you to the tree, and I'll be within range but unable to see anything. Does that work?" He asked which caused some snickers. "Casanova is at it again. Dropping all the panty dropping lines." Boyd said which caused Genji to smack him upside the head, yet grudgingly the princess opted to just go by herself giving them the command to be on the lookout for any suspicious people. As she went to do her business everyone in the group would sigh. "This is only day one." Ichi said. "Is it too late to pull out of this order?" Klein would state which Boyd would let out a forced laugh. "That's what she said. OW!" Klein would cause Boyd to say with a jab to the side. The rest of the night would progress slowly before they set out once again.

Two days later at night

Camping once more they would no longer have to escort the princess known as Prin to the bathroom no longer, as she felt comfortable doing it all on her own. So after resting the horses like usually, they sat around the campfire eating their food. When Prin would pop a most curious question. "So what is it like to be a soldier? As a princess I don't quite know myself, we aren't allowed to be warriors." She asked which caused Klein to chirp up. "Why not? Anyone can be a warrior. You can take the sweetest child in the world and turn them into a monster to be feared on the battle field." He said to which she would shrug in reply. "Was our law." She spoke which caused a chuckle to escape some of the men's lips.

Genji would be the first to speak up though among the men who seemed quite eager to speak. "To be a soldier is to look death in the face everyday of your life and kick his skeletal ass. It means you risk each day being your last hoping that you die with some pride. It's to risk your life so other don't have to and to not expect a single word of thanks from those that don't serve. It means putting your body on the line and having it changed emotionally and physically." He started speaking which caused some of them to cheer.

Klein would then stand up and raise his pant leg and show a scar near his ankle reaching halfway all around it. "It means you wear your wounds with pride. I received this scar protecting a small family from a bunch of thugs. One had a blade and nearly hacked my entire ankle off, he ran when I went down. It dangled from my leg and I was blessed by a nearby doctor performing the surgery right there. Otherwise I'd have bleed out and wouldn't be here to this damn day."

Ichi would then raise his shirt showing off several scars on his stomach looking like stab wounds. "I received these wound in that ambush that took us by surprise. It was near the end and while everything was going to shit, one of them came and surprised me. Getting a few stabs in before I managed to lop his head off. Even now digesting food causes pain. Yet here I am, somehow alive and kicking. Thankfully the dumb ass didn't know where the vital organs were."

Some laughs would resonate among the group except from Prin who looked a bit shocked, the next one to speak though would be Boyd. He would also lift his shirt except he showed his back which had a huge scar on it narrowly missing his spine by a few inches. "Wife got really mad one day." He said laughing which cause the others to laugh as well before he told the real story. "During an escort a couple years ago. Bandits would swarm the caravan we were guarding, we got most of them but once managed to slice a deep cut into my back before another soldier took him out. Took a lot of rags and first aid to stop the bleeding. Over a hundred stitches were needed to seal it shut."

Then Genji would speak raising his eye patch where his eye was closed a scar was evident diagonally across it. He would then open his eye which caused a few pained sounds from the men and and more womanly shriek from Prin, as they all stared into the empty eye. No eye was there only the inside where it was red as can be. "Lost my eye during the Shoji invasion on Magnhild. Saw thousands of men, women, children die that day. Soldiers, shinobi, civilians. All giving their lives to end Shoji's reign of terror, a cause they all gladly died for. Yet I got lucky with only losing an eye." He would then lower his eye patch and sit back down as some cheers were heard. Then Prin stood up puffing out her chest like she was trying to be manly after her little scream. She then lifted her finger and showed them the tiniest scar on her right index finger. "I got this when I was chopping vegetables one day." Everyone was silent before clapping for her little bravado, even if it didn't quite stack up to their own. She blushed a slight bit and would sit back down, where more stories on there scars would be told.

Present Day

Having dropped off Prin without any troubles, they set back double time and were almost back at the campsite for their forces when a letter was delivered to them stating the camp had moved and where the new location would be found. Some grumbled were had along with how this could have been a funny joke if no letter was sent informing them of the move, leaving them confused. This came from Boyd who was appropriately smacked by Klein. Yet they would continue to the new camp and would arrive on the scene somewhat later in the day, with everyone going their separate ways.

Most of them probably going to eat and drink before taking a rest, Genji however would however seek out Satoshi's tent to give him the report on the success of the delivery of the princess. When he did that he would then go and take a well deserved break, before any other disaster might strike them. When it did he would at least be ready for it to come his way.​
[/fieldbox]

• Love
Reactions: Oetje and Gerontis
[fieldbox=Marching and future investments, grey]
A collab made between Chromehound and Gerontis.

Summary :
On the march from Konoha, a part of the Imperial forces that will head towards the eastern continent heads in the morning towards the meeting point. The Sea Keep. From there they are meant to travel towards the eastern continent. During the march, Koike and Hayate exchange some words as it seems that they don't have the best of luck.

[spoili]
It had begun early in the morning and he wasn't sure for how long exactly that they had been on the march now. But he wasn't too worried or even irritated that they had to get out as if they were sneaking out of the city for some unknown hostile force that would else have barred them the way. Being experienced and used to subterfuge operations and knowing that the Zealots were a threat, Koike had already expected that they would move out in such style, trying to not disturb too much of the present 'peace'. Scoffing lightly at his own thoughts as he wasn't so sure if he could call it peace. In peace, it wasn't normal to have an army being mobilised and assemble at a point to go on a campaign. In peace ,there wasn't supposed to be an enemy that kept people on edge. Peace was a time of sweet dreams and spending time with your loved ones and friends. At least, that was what he considered to be truly a time of peace. Marching along side with the troops of the 13th brigade, Koike couldn't help but wonder how the others were doing. Throwing a glance at the men that were marching next to him, each unit in a column. There wasn't much talk or laughter going on. A strict silence was kept among the troops, who were put to focus on just marching and following orders. A testimony of the discipline that was expected from the fighting force of the Empire.

Turning his gaze back at the front of him, Koike couldn't resist to pick up his own pace. "Come Akumu," he mumbled to the large, black dire wolf to his left. Walking past the other troops Koike reached the unit that was marching front of his own. The present unit of his brigade, as the majority would be at the Sea Keep, was placed at the rear of the marching column while ahead of him was the unit of the Guardians. Being led by Hayate. It wasn't easy to just spot his friend and current commander of the campaign as much as one would figure. He did recognise various familiar faces among the troops, but couldn't yet see Hayate. After five minutes of jogging forward, trying to catch sight of Hayate, Koike managed to spot his friend. Catching up with him, Koike would salute by clasping a fist and placing it at his chest. "Morning, sir," a grin would flow on Koike's lips, "What a morning, eh?"

The morning had been a turbulent one indeed. At least for Hayate. With so many things on the go and so many things still left unfinished, the young Hyuzu had felt the strain in full force. He was glad to be leading at the head of the Guardians. It meant that the others could not see the troubled expression that rested on his face. As the march had gotten under way, the strain began lifting. It was a strange feeling, but an odd sense of calm fell over Hayate. Whatever was going to happen, would happen. Things were finally happening and it meant he no longer had to dread their arrival. Wanting to laugh at the strangeness of it all, Hayate simply bit the inside of his cheek, remaining composed.

Hearing someone approaching, Hayate glanced over, relieved to see a familiar face. Returning the salute, the Hyuzu smiled. "You can say that again." Hayate said, shaking his head. Turning to look over his shoulder, he continued, "How are things going on your end?"

"Went a bit rough," Koike admitted as his grin vanished for a moment, "Even though communicating in Chonobi eases the fact that I am not familiar with the 13th brigade and my position in the clan, it isn't that they will accept me just as their acting colonel right away. Not to mention that the large part of the brigade is at the Sea Keep, likely waiting with the other units for us," he reported further to Hayate. Knowing that his friend was likely still stressed, or at least assumed so, Koike wouldn't ask how it was going on his side or go into more depth about his own start of the campaign. "It isn't, at least, raining. We have that going on for us," Koike added as he looked at front where they were marching. "You know, there is a saying that if a predator bird circles above you that it is a bad omen. Have been looking for any predator bird, such as a hawke or anything. Didn't notice one. I did, however," his tone grew a bit amused, "Notice a few ducks. Not sure what kind of omen that might be."

Hearing Koike discuss his struggles with the 13th brigade, Hayate felt a pang of guilt. He understood all too well how Koike was feeling. He had experience with the Guardians, yes, and they would follow his orders down to the letter. But the rest... he was supposed to be leading this whole thing and he had never even met most of these people... Hearing Koike's comments about the lack of rain, Hayate snapped back to the matter at hand and grinned. "Do not jinx us Koike. If I start getting rained on, I'm hunting you down first."

Continuing to walk, he heard Koike's comment about the predatory birds and looked up. He could see nothing in the sky, but wondered what the sight of a dragon might mean as an omen. Pondering for a moment, he heard Koike mentioning his sight of a few ducks and had to choke back a laugh. Quickly raising his hand to cover his face, Hayate snorted. "Perhaps it means we will eat well tonight?" he suggested, his tone full of amusement.

A chuckle escaped Koike upon hearing what Hayate would do if it would start to rain. "Suppose that would be okay, but a bit of rain won't hurt that much, will it now?" He was glad that he could make Hayate release a laugh. Even though the other tried to subdue it. "Never ate duck before. Can't imagine that they taste nice. Imagine eating something that is half of the time you see it on water or being fed only bred by old people. No thanks, I rather have some good meat than duck this evening." Although he doubted that they would have the luxury to pick their dinner. Even while being in command.

"You know," he started, throwing a look at his friend, who was on foot like him, "It might befit a commander of a force more to be mounted. Suppose that a dragon might be overdoing it, but ever considered to use a horse?" Koike asked, slightly amused as he already predicted that Hayate didn't want to stand out from the troops.

"Can't say I've ever had duck myself. Kuromu has though, and he says they taste quite nice when roasted. Though... I find it hard to agree with the tastes of a creature who eats everything, bones included." Smiling, Hayate shrugged. Speaking with Koike definitely helped to ease his nerves and he was enjoying walking alongside him. Things would likely change once they got to the front, but for now he would enjoy it.

As Koike suggested Hayate riding a horse, the boy stiffened. Staring ahead for a long moment, he remained in silence. He was not fond of the idea of being on a mount while the rest of his force had to walk. And a horse... Feeling a light shiver run through him, Hayate glanced down. "I... I cannot ride horses."

"Not sure if I should believe should believe a dragon on its taste. He probably eat everything roasted, doesn't he?" Koike commented back. The idea to go on by the taste of a dragon was interesting and amusing, but also not entirely comfortable in Koike's opinion. Though roasted bones raised the question on what kind of taste they had. The answer of Hayate on the previous question made Koike for a moment frown. Only now it was his turn to choke back a laugh. "You don't?" Koike asked, unsure if he should take it as a serious answer. Seeing how Hayate was Koike grew fairly certain that the answer was genuine. Patting Hayate on the shoulder Koike chuckled. "Perhaps we should see if we can't get our hands on a pony. You know, one of those small horses, so that you can practice."

Turning to Koike with a glare, Hayate held his gaze for a moment. "You wouldn't dare..." After a moment, however, his glare turned into a smile and he shook his head. "I've never actually learned. Which... I suppose may be a little strange as I can ride a dragon... But a horse, I don't know, that is a different matter entirely." Shrugging his shoulders, Hayate looked away. "I do not think it would be the best idea letting the men see me fail to ride a horse. Not the best way to install faith in their commander after all..."

A grin would be the answer on the 'question'. He already knew that he shouldn't, but it was fun to imagine the idea. Where he would be able to get a pony from was beyond him now, but he cherished the idea. Perhaps once they would be on the way back he could lure Hayate into riding on the back of a pony. "One would argue that riding a dragon is a tad more difficult. Seeing that yours fly and spit fire. Never seen a horse doing either of those two, to be frank," Koike would continue on an amused tone, "And that is true. Perhaps we can spin the tale that you want to endure the same that most troops suffer? Certainly can work in your advantage, commander, sir." Koike suggested, half joking but also meaning it. It was his reason to travel on foot instead of having the comfort on traveling in any other manner.

Shrugging again, Hayate sighed. "I suppose also that horses do not spin upside down either. Believe me... that can be a terrifying experience when you are not expecting it." For a moment, the image of a horse flying and spitting fire filled Hayate's head and caused him to chuckle once more. It would certainly be an interesting sight. Glancing at Koike as the older boy mentioned spinning a tale, Hayate scratched behind one of his ears. "Truth be told, that is one of the reasons I do it. I do not like to be separated from the troops. Being mounted would add a layer of separation that I do not feel is necessary. I can understand the idea behind it but still..."

Koike feigned he seriously thought about it. "Doubt that they do that. Perhaps some might try, it. That having said, I don't think I would fancy riding on the back of a dragon. Rather stay close to the ground," he replied back to Hayate. When Hayate stated that he didn't want to be separated from the troops Koike grinned. "I am not certain of the other units and brigades, but I am aware that many of my clan's great commanders used to bear the same suffering as their troops. Creates a good bond of trust of the troops in their leader. Though," the grin vanished as Koike's eyebrows would slightly raise, "Let's not have you be always in the thick of battle. Can't let you have all the fun now, I fear."

"Heh," Hayate said, raising an eyebrow teasingly. "Gonna be hard to pull me out of the thick of battle, isn't it? Besides, you'll need me to look after you!" Grinning, Hayate pushed away the voice of doubt in his head. He knew he wasn't going to be able to participate in every battle. Something he was not fond of. Truth be told, he would rather be at the front with all of his troops. Sitting at the back was not something that felt right to him.

He raised slightly his hand to point with his thumb to the silent dire wolf at his side. "I think I have enough help if it would come to that. The only problem is that it will not just be me that will try to drag you out. Fear that Saki might beat me to it," Koike replied back. He was hoping that the Yamanaka had an easier time. Confident that they would be able to get things to work, it was just slightly frustrating to know that they were all part of this and had an important role. Yet, they were also seperated in a way. Something that didn't sit really well with Koike. "But as I told Katsu before," he hooked one of his thumb behind his belt, "I hope that we will just do some simple operations and be back at home within two or three months."

Nodding slowly, Hayate looked away. He had forgotten, for a moment. just how long they might be away from home. While he was never one to be tied to a specific place, there were a few people back home that he would miss immensely. Being a part from them for such a long period of time was not something he was truly prepared for. Looking back at Koike, a halfhearted smile on his face, Hayate shrugged. "I would say then that you have a mighty fine companion to keep you out of trouble." Glancing down at the large dire wolf that stood obediently at Koike's side, Hayate was glad his friend had such a loyal ally. While it was true that he had Kuromu, who was oath-bound to be as loyal as they come, it wasn't like he could just summon the dragon whenever he wanted. The damned thing kept growing and wasn't the most subtle of creatures. Even so... Hayate hoped that he might be able to spend some time with the dragon. Though he could very often be grumpy, he was also Hayate's oldest friend, and someone who he could confide in.

He felt confident that he could confide in Koike, should it be needed, but he did not wish to add anything else onto Koike's shoulders. The Hon was already shouldering so much as it was. And Saki... She was also handling her lion's share of responsibility. Two of the people he felt most comfortable with... they would be together and yet it almost felt as if they would be world's apart. "I dare not get my hopes up that much Koike, but by the Dragon I would very much love that."

"Oh, you would think that. He barely ever barks or make much of a growl. Silent fellow, really," Koike began. The creature shot a sideways look, with a clear expression of irritation, but no other signal would come from the wolf. "See? You know what they say about his kind? Smart enough to understand what is being said, but wiser to remain silent. It should be that he eats more than he can really take. Last week he kept on eating and it took him two days before he was able to walk again," Koike continued. A soft sigh escaped, though it was clear that he enjoyed talking a bit about something different than that what they were dealing or doing right now. Something that reminded him of home.

"Think we all would. Know what I will do once we get back home? Probably buyi---" his voice trailed off as he would look up. Something fell on his face, causing a smirk to grow. "An umbrella, that is for sure. I will buy perhaps even for you as well," he finally said as it started to pour a bit.

Chuckling as Koike spoke of his dire wolf eating so much that it could not walk, he imagined Kuromu doing the same. The dragon had a voracious appetite, for sure, but he could not imagine there being enough food to stuff him so much that he could not move. Finding the image both amusing as well as disturbing, Hayate did not know whether to cringe or laugh. As Koike continued, Hayate was curious to hear what he had to say, only to be interrupted by the first of the rain drops. Turning silently towards Koike, Hayate glared at the Hon. "Just haaaad to say it, didn't you?"

Shrugging lightly Koike couldn't hide his grin. "It is so far not a bad omen such as a predator bird circling above us. Perhaps somebody in this force grew up in the Rain province. There are plenty of sayings about rain pour from that place," he answered back, trying to subdue a laughter. Not being too sure how long he would able to hold it back, Koike snickered for a second. "Besides, it isn't so bad. Just a light pour. Can be much worse than this."

As if on cue, a loud thundering crack could be heard up above in the sky and the floodgates opened. Rain poured down from above in buckets, quickly drenching the troops. Closing his eyes, Hayate let out a sigh. "Why do I bring you places?"

Hearing what Hayate said, it remained silent for a moment between them. "For the extraordinary company, what else---" he was about to say more, but it started to rain more than it already did. "I might need to invest into some umbrellas before we will arrive on the eastern continent, don't I?"

Turning towards Koike, his face set in a glare, Hayate slowly raised an eyebrow. With a glint in his eye, he started to laugh, shaking his head. "I think that would be wise." Shaking the rain from his face, Hayate continued laughing as they marched on into the horizon.
[/spoili]
[/fieldbox]

Yone Tsuji
Genin of Ame Team 19,
Amegakure.

Another time, perhaps?

Was he calling for help? What a wuss, Yone thought to herself. So much for the leader of the Hyuuga. It wasn't her image that she was screwing up, the teen thought amused as she would let the other guy call for help. A quick glance thrown at Neji and Sho made it clear that the two were already in a fight. Realising that she wasn't here anymore just to repay Sho a favour but that she felt that this Hyuuga acted as if he was entitled to do what he liked here made her stick around. Turning her attention on the Hyuuga 'leader' Yone would take a step sideways, readying herself to jump in if that guy felt like it.
It wouldn't, however, come to it. The sound of whistles resonating through the air in a sharp tone alerted Yone. In a quick movement, she would move closer to the crowd, trying at the same time to gauge what would happen.

The fact that the Hyuuga and Uchiha were getting arrested was quite amusing for Yone. Only Sho was being arrested as well.
That was less fortunate or amusing.
Judging from the officer's words it was evident that she was safe. Only because she hadn't used any chakra. Knowing that she shouldn't poke her luck further Yone would blend into the crowd. She reckoned that she could think of something to do something for Sho if she wasn't in plain sight.
Scratching the back of her head once blended in, Yone wasn't certain yet on how she would be able to help Sho. He could be put into jail or need to pay a hefty fine for breaking the order on the streets. And neither was her word worth anything to get him out of jail or did she had the resources to bail him out. Following the group of police officers and the arrested boys, Yone came to the conclusion that there was no way that she would be able to do any help.

Perhaps she could repay Sho a favour once he would be free, again.

Kenshin Hishima
Kumogakure Genin

The Commander towered over the boy, he was a like a beacon, a beacon of light that Baako himself wanted to be. "A Bladesmith requested me to deliver your tools. " He kept it nice and short, but he believed it wasn't enough. "He had a grizzled face, and dark red hair...Shoulder length and straight, often wears it in a knot. I believe he's Sanosuke. He looked like he'd been slaving over the anvil all day, didn't think he had time to deliver this himself." He foolishly usually stereotype that the Sanosuke were use to hearing, but it didn't matter much, Satoshi Jun was no Sanosuke. He gently moved the satchel strap over his head, and would hold it out to Commander Jun.

It had taken quite some time for the Genin to fulfill his given task. It was quite a big camp, he had been asking a lot of soldiers where Commander Jun was stationed, some ignored him, while some would give him complicated directions. But he did it , he managed to complete his small task. In his head he compared it to a D rank mission, this made him feel less like a mere delivery boy. He felt the gaze of the guard watching him, it made him feel uncomfortable deep down, but he dealt with it, these were difficult times, its too dangerous to let your guard down.

[fieldbox="Learning to Heal, skyblue, dashed, 10, Tahoma"]
Ryu Uchiha | Team 11 Genin | Amegakure

This post will contain a brief summary of the trainings Ryu went through prior to the training the main body of this post will occupy. Why? Because I mostly forgot where Ryu was at in her Medical Training, and this idea was Bearo approved.

Heading out to the hospital, the girl cast a brief look towards the sky. Only to be greeted by the usual clouds hanging over the city, and a small sigh escaped her lips. Pushing her hands into the pockets of the leather jacket, which she had long stolen from John, Ryu closed her eye for a moment as she walked. Allowing her mind to slip to the previous training she had gone through up until now. It had been a while since she had visited the doctor after all.

The trainings had certainly not been the most fun of things that Ryu had engaged in. First had come all of the boring academics, learning about the body and how it worked. Doctor Tsubaki had thoroughly covered every aspect of that field, claiming that Ryu wouldn't be able to properly use medical ninjutsu without understanding how the body worked. How she had hated the constant studying the stupid book that she had been "gifted". Either way, she eventually did manage to move past that stage and started learn a bit about first aid. That had been one Ryu's personal favorite parts, learning about the different techniques she would need, as well as how to utilize the medical tools she was given on the field.

Afterward had been the more tedious act of learning how to more finely control her chakra. The mixture of exercises, starting out with easy techniques such as walking on water or trees (the latter of which had given her plenty of bruises all over). The cutting of leaves with only using her chakra, and that really odd chakra molding exercise. Those had taken seemingly forever, but Doctor Tsubaki has promised her that she had been making good progress. But then... everything else began happening. First Suguha, then the riots. Hopefully, she hadn't lost anything in the time between the last training and now, she had certainly been practicing to keep herself knowledgeable.

Arriving at the hospital, Ryu offered a friendly smile and wave towards the nurse in the lobby. "Is he up in the office like usual?" The girl asked, getting a nod to confirm from the other. "Thanks." Ryu said, before turning towards the panther following behind her. Holding up a single finger towards the panther, the Uchiha spoke softly. "You know you can't follow me in here, Naomi. Wait for me like usual, okay?" She said, getting a low grumble by way of a complaint from the animal who turned around and went back outside.

Not long after that, Ryu found herself heading into the man's office, looking towards the guy who had been training her in medical ninjutsu. Giving him a polite bow before heading over to the chair opposite of him, Ryu wondered a little bit what she would be learning today. It wouldn't take long before she would find out, hopefully, as the man would look up from the paperwork he had been filling out. "Hello, Ryu, have you been keeping up on your studies?" He asked the girl, standing up to walk around to be on the same side of the desk as her. For a brief moment, he stopped to look at the girl's eyepatch, frowning before speaking up again. "How is your eye? Isn't hurting or anything, correct?" He asked, crossing his arms as he awaited her response.

"Oh, uhm, yeah! Its not hurting anymore, and I've been keeping up with my studies! I even practice some of the first aid, without injuries or anything. Anyways, what are we doing today? More theory or..." She asked as the man smiled over towards her and spoke softly. "Tell me Ryu, what is it that we are doing with medical ninjutsu? Actually, let me rephrase that question, how is it that medical ninjutsu actually works?" He asked, a simple enough question if she were paying attention during their training sessions so far. The girl thought for a few seconds before giving an answer. "Well, in a way aren't we using our chakra and using to accelerate the body's natural healing process? Sometimes even spurring it to do more than it could do on its own?" She said, thinking back to what she had learned so far.

The man gave a small nod in return to that. "In a way, yes we are. Now then, why would something such as precise chakra control be important for something like this?" He asked the girl, wondering if she would pick up where he was going with this. "Chakra control... because too little chakra flowing into the body and you don't do anything. Too little, and we could cause more harm than good. No to mention having to be precise with what we are doing in order to target a specific ailment, right?" She said again. To which the man nodded once more. "Then it seems like you're ready to start learning the basics." The man said once more. To which, Ryu looked at him in silence for a bit before breaking out into a large grin. "Really? Finally?" The genin asked happily, to which the man nodded once more.

"Seems to me like there is no point why we should be waiting any longer. So, without further ado, let's start with a more simple technique. Sort of, a technique that works as a step to get to the main technique we use. Now, what we will do first is work on turning your chakra into something that can be used to heal others. Healing chakra if you will. So first, we will start by converting the chakra into the Yang release. That is, the release representing the vitality of all shinobi. This is where the healing properties come from. Then you'll gather the chakra into palm, like so," the man said as a small orb of glowing chakra gathered in the palm of his hand. "It isn't as potent as the mystical palm, but it is a good start for learners such as yourself." He explained calmly, taking Ryu's arm and running the small orb over it. The girl shivered slightly as she could feel the chakra trying to heal some of the burn scarring running along it. Yet seemed to have no effect on the scars.

"Now, let's first get to converting your chakra. Just like I've taught you before." He said in a calm tone as Ryu nodded, staring down at her hands for a moment before closing her eye. To form the yang chakra needed, Ryu need to focus more on the physical energy of chakra. In her mind, she slowly began to see herself standing alone on a large Yin-Yang symbol. Something she had started imagining in order to help with creating the yang chakra that was needed... not that she had ever been successful with doing so. Still, she felt like progress had been made using this way.

Slowly, she crossed to the white side of the symbol, looking down at it. She imagined a warm feeling as if the sun were bearing down on her skin. The feeling of her life, her vitality and physical strength, that was what the yang release was for. She imagined letting this feeling start to grow stronger, to take over her chakra more than the opposing force of Yin. Not completely, but enough to become a dominating force. She made the chakra inside of her focus more on her strength than her spirit's. Slowly, she saw the white below her beginning to grow larger than the black opposing her. It was working! The genin could feel strength in herself and kept pushing. She could imagine it and tried to force the change to go a bit faster.

It was then she hit the wall she had become familiar with since she had started attempting this type of training. She had stalled out, and the white wasn't overtaking the black anymore. She could feel herself straining as she tried to force the yang out, and the yin to fall away. Why? Why was she hitting the wall? The girl grew frustrated as she strained more, and tried to force the yang release out of her. But to no avail.

Her eye opened slowly as Ryu wore a pout now and looked towards Doctor Tsubaki. "I hit the stupid wall again." She complained, and the man simply raised an eyebrow as he watched her. "Tell me exactly what happened then." He said and listened closely as Ryu spoke in return. Closing his eyes for a brief moment, the doctor let out a small sigh. "Could it perhaps be that you were trying to exert your will a bit too much in there? Think about it Ryu. The yang is your physical strength, vitality, and that which breathes life into all things. Meanwhile, the yin release is something based on your spirit, your imagination is governed by it. Perhaps you're getting too eager, and trying to create more of the yang by will, and not by letting the physical strength take over. Perhaps try restraining the yin, to create a new balance? We will figure it out. Either way, try again. We still got a bit of time." The doctor ordered, moving to lean against the desk once more as Ryu closed her eye once again.

However, it came two hours later and Ryu would still have been hitting the same wall. Now visibly annoyed, and a little tired from all the effort, Ryu stared at Doctor Tsubaki. "It is impossible!" She complained, to which the Doctor simply laughed. "I can do it. It takes practice, a lot of it. You're probably not going to get it for a while there Ryu. So for now, I think we will call it for today. You keep practicing on getting the chakra changed over. Got it? For now, however, go home and relax for a bit. You'll get it though, you're a smart girl." He said, and Ryu simply gave a nod before getting to her feet and offering another polite bow to the man. "Yes sir, thank you. I'll make sure to practice!" She said before heading out of the room and making her way back home, Naomi the panther rejoining her as she left the building.

Casting a look towards Naomi, Ryu asked the panther in an annoyed tone. "Why is it so difficult? It shouldn't be this difficult. He makes it look so easy!" To which the panther gave her a look going something along the lines of 'I am a large cat, do you think I know or even care about this?' To which Ryu simply rolled her eye and turned for home. Might as well relax a bit before practicing some more.[/hr][/hr][/hr][/fieldbox]

Niji Yakei - Getting acquainted with the troops

Wolf Country

The walk to the training fields didn't take long and once Niji found herself there she quietly gazed over the area, all the soldiers were in matching uniforms and armour, had pretty much the same sort of weaponry and all seemed to be getting along pretty well. Perhaps, if she were to be fighting beside these folk in the near future she should make herself fit in, she wasn't a young kid like some of the other shinobi who were here and she presumed that she at least looked like she knew what she was doing.

Maybe it would be easy. But firstly she'd need to dress like them so that she could fit into the group, so she calmly approached some of them, a couple looking surprised at her appearance. "...Hi, I figured since we're all going to be on the front lines, it'd be a good idea to get to know some of the soldiers and... well, get used to the military." Niji continued with a small smile and bowing her head slightly. "So. I'm Niji Yakei, a kunoichi of the cloud, if it's not much trouble could you help me with all of this? I should get used to your weapons and armour if I'm going to be fighting alongside you and what better way than to get help from the soldiers themselves? I can handle most weapons so training isn't a problem."

The soldiers themselves looked bemused at the request, but one shrugged and smirked a little bit. "I don't see why not, chest aside it shouldn't be hard to find something your size. But that's no problem. Let's go, there's plenty of chain to spare." With a wave they lead Niji to the smithy and armoury. "Just put the padded jacket and a hood on first, otherwise it'll pinch your skin like hell, you don't want that. And tie up that hair, can't have that loose under all this stuff."

After a few minutes Niji was in a set of chain armour that matched the other soldiers that fit more or less, she patted herself down and looked to the soldiers after adjusting her belt. "This isn't too bad, heavier than my usual armour, but it seems better. Thank you for the help, what about weaponry, is there anything specific that is used?" Niji piqued her brow as she asked this question, looking between the soldiers she'd asked for help.
"Hmm... What sort of weapon do you prefer using? Theres, spears, pikes, swords and shields, axes... a lot of things really."
"A spear sounds about right, it's close to a staff so it should work."
A small nod in response from the talkative soldier before he grinned again. "Alright then, you're a spearman, it's not a bad choice, but if they get in too close you're done for."
"Oh, don't worry about me, kunoichi, remember? If they've gotten that close and I've not put them down already I'm not doing my job properly." She replied, bowing before the group of soldiers. "Thank you for the help, I'll be there for the next drill, got to get used to fighting in this mail before I actually go out there." Niji continued, righting herself and smiling. "When is the next combat drill?"

"If you hang around the field for a few minutes there should be one starting, we're taking a break, we just finished our drill. Best of luck, eh? One more soldier on the field means one more person between me and the enemies, same goes for you." The soldier waved Niji off whilst him and his friends turned and left.

And so Niji approached the training field and started to look around, there was a gathering of soldiers here and there, all in identical armour to her with blunted practice weapons all over the place. Now she had to wait for the next drill... And maybe the one after that.​

Reactions: Melancholy Boi
[fieldbox="Cabbages?, Orange"]Yamada Suzu "Rabbit" | Sworn Sword | Akinian Empire, River Province Capital
A Collab between @Aliceee and @FrostedCaramel

Suzu has finally made it to the River Province Capital and meets with her contact, the Cabbage Vendor. The Vendor gives her the information she needs to continue and she begins to collect her charges for the coming trip back to the Fire Capital.
[spoili]
Twirling the unopened lollipop between her fingers, Suzu couldn't help but to think about the wolves. It didn't come as a surprise to her that she was thinking about them, it had been almost four days since that night time encounter and the only thing she had been able to think about during her waking hours was the wolves. But now wasn't the time. She pushed the wolf to the back of her mind, back with the things she didn't understand or have the time to figure out.

The wolves out of the picture Suzu took in the busy market of the River capitol. The area was large, roughly square in shape with enough room to accommodate hundreds going about their business and buying items at the many shops of the market. She made her way through the crowd that she could only imagine was slightly smaller than usual thanks to the encroaching cold of the early morning that was currently biting at her fingertips. She unwrapped the lollipop and popped it into her mouth before balling her hands into fists and shoving them into her coat pockets, the comforting warmth promising to protect them from the cold for the time being she moved back to her reason to be at the market in the first place.

She scoured the stands as she walked, moving from clothes to pottery and hand crafted goods and finally to the produce area. She dodged two kids playing tag and rounded a corner to find her self head on with the shop she had been looking for, average in size and with nothing too fancy to make it stand out from the other shops around it other than the glaringly obvious fact it only sold cabbages. Nailed at odd angles on the shops wooden poles were signs reading "Best Cabbages in the River", "A Cabbage a Day Keeps the Doctor Away" and "CABBAGES! CABBAGES! CABBAGES!" just to name a few.

Suzu let out a long sigh as she rubbed her temples and decided whether or not the owner of such a thing could really be an agent of the Sworn Swords before making her way to the stand and the shopkeeper. "Good morning, I've got a few questions about what you're selling here." she asked as she leaned on the shop table at the front.

Behind the counter was a man, around the age of forty, whistling as he was occupied with preparing likely an order. Putting some cabbages in a basket, so that it was easier to carry them, the man threw a curious look at Suzu. Clearly trying to gauge if the woman was wanting to buy some of his cabbages, a friendly smile crossed the lips of the man as he would spread his arms to make a welcoming gesture. "Welcome! Welcome! A new face, aha! If you're looking for the best quality and for the right price then you have arrived at the right place, miss! Am happy to answer any questions you might conjure about my wares!"

Giving the vendor her best smile Suzu leaned a bit off of the table, "I'm sure they are!" she said in reply to the mans claims about his cabbages, "But unfortunately I'm not here to buy any of your vegetables." she said as she quickly checked to see if there was anyone around that was close enough to hear them talking. Satisfied that no one seemed to be listening in on them she leaned forward once more and lowered her voice slightly, "'I've been sent from the Capital, to be sure a certain shipment makes it back safely. I was told you'd have the information I need, if you could point me in the right direction it'd be much appreciated."

"A shipment? Capital?" The man behind the counter seemed confused as he also lowered his voice, but his right hand would travel to his belt, slowly sliding to the back as he was clearly reaching for something. "Might I know who is associated with the shipment back in the capital?" He would ask back, the friendly tone in his voice not fading by a bit - as if he was ready to talk about his wares in an instant if it would make her potentially more interested in the cabbages.

Happy to see the vendor was suspicious of her, Suzu smiled as she knew for sure that she had the right cabbage vendor. Placing both her hands clear on the table in front of her and giving the vendor a small laugh as he reached back behind his belt, 'Cute.' she thought mockingly before speaking, "Relax, if I had come to attack you I doubt you would have been able to retaliate." she said, keeping her hands placed on the table, "I've been sent from the Sworn Swords, you can call me Rabbit. Was told you'd be the guy..." she motioned to his right hand with her chin "...judging by your reaction the information was correct." her smile dissapearing from her face and any hint of emotion gone.

"I doubt that you would have been quick enough, miss," the man flashed a cocky smile back to Suzu as he would retract his hand away from the back of his belt, "Good. Was wondering when the next shipment would get going," the man spoke in a different manner. More casual and with a slightly deeper tone in his voice. "Well then, Miss Rabbit. Currently they are spread all over the city. Waiting to be heading out," the man told Suzu as he would kneel down and continue, "I can call the majority within a day together. If you want to travel as soon as you can back to the capital with the 'wares' then I suggest you round up the other part of the entire... package." Straightening his back the man would place a small scroll on the counter. Rolling it open, it would reveal a map of the city. Various markers could be spotted. Placing his finger at one of the markers he continued. "This is at the bookstore. Can't miss it. An old lady is in charge of it, but her grandson is a member. Ask her where he is. Though," a smile crept on his lips as he would shove the scroll towards Suzu, "Beware. That old lady can talk more than you can ever anticipate. As soon as you drink tea with her, your ears might start to fall off."

The bells hanging above the door chimed softly as Suzu pushed it past them. The interior of the bookshop was cramped, the walkways between the shelves piled high with books and scrolls, every now and then accentuated by a small avalanche where a book had gave way to the weight of those above it and yet somehow there were no total blockages in the path that led to the unattended counter at the back. She let the door shut softly behind her with another chiming of the bells above before she began to move across the bookstore.

As she picked her way through the path leading to the empty counter she spoke aloud, "Hello? Anyone here?" she asked into the air of the store as she stopped at the counter. It was covered in half unfurled scrolls and books and was about as organized as the rest of the store. She liked the appeal of it though.

After waiting a few seconds at the desk she spoke again, "Anyone home?" she asked louder than before. There was a crash of books off to her right followed by a string of curses that came quickly to an end as a lady, nearly a head shorter than Suzu and far past thirty years her senior appeared from around the corner of a bookcase.

"Aaaah haha. Walk can I do for you miss?" she asked as she scooped up some books on the counter top and simply deposited them to the other side of of the very same counter. Suzu smiled at the woman to which she got an equally warm smile in return, "I'm here from the capital to pick up your Grandson, hate to be the bearer of sad news." she said as she watched the lady.

The woman's brow furrowed slightly and she seemed to think hard for a second before turning back in the direction she had come. The woman cupped her hands over her mouth and took a deep breath, "AKITO! THERE'S A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN HERE TO TAKE YOU AWAY!" she yelled as Suzu continued to watch, "DON'T MAKE SUCH A LADY WAIT FOR YOU HOW WOULD THAT SHOW UPON HOW I RAISED YOU!?" she exclaimed to the area she had come from.

Suzu dropped the smile and simply waited as she heard a small amount of movement and what sounded like some metallic objects being thrown together. After less than a minute a boy no older than nineteen seemingly exploded around the corner, knocking a small stack of books from the shelf before dropping his bags at his side and popping to attention.

"Miyazato Akito reporting Ma'am!" he announced before waiting for Suzu to reply. She watched the boy, the manner in which he held himself, in which he took each breath, how he had allowed his eyes to focus on something far in the distance that he couldn't see, something that wasn't actually there. 'Good' she thought, 'If all of them are like this there will be no problems.' she gave the older woman as sincere a bow as she could, noting the sadness in her eyes as she did and the lack of conversation that she had been warned for.

Righting herself from the show of respect she moved for the door, "I gather you've said your goodbyes. With me Akito." she said as she walked, behind her she heard the boy gather his bags and scramble to follow. The bell rang this time, harsh and unforgiving in stark contrast to the chiming it had been afforded to when she had taken care to open the door. No there was no time, if she wanted to spend as little time on the road as possible, as little time with another chance of running into them then she had to move quickly and so did the recruits. Even if it meant breaking a few common courtesies along the way.

[/spoili][/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Meeting the captains, wheat]

On the march,
A collab between Sketching and Gerontis.

Summary :
During the march Koike and Katsu exchanged some words. During the evening they have a meeting with the captains of the 13th brigade. Things don't seem to go smoothly, but without any major problems the meeting ends.

[spoili]
The brief exchange with Hayate cheered Koike a bit up. The rain caused some troops to grumble, but the morale seemed still high. The metal rhythym of armoured men and women marching together was somewhat comforting, in a strange way. Waiting to walk with his own unit, Koike wondered briefly if things were still going good. With the men of the 13th Brigade passing by, Koike eyed the members of the brigade. Unlike other brigades, there were only men present in the special unit. Then again, the composition of the brigade was also made up from two specific clans, so Koike wasn't too surprised about some facts. The only person that wasn't Chonobi from origin should thus not be too hard to spot. Or so that was what Koike imagined. It took several minutes before he spotted Katsu at the side of the column of troops. "Seems we have some bad weather going on," Koike pointed up as he spoke to his friend in a rather cheerful tone. He couldn't help but wonder if there wasn't a chance to go through the unit, but that wouldn't likely be a possibility during a march. "How are you holding up?" Koike asked Katsu, waiting to walk with his friend.

As the rain weighed on his shoulders and brought his hoodie further down, Katsu marched with a good, strong pace, taking deep breaths once every few seconds and rubbing his neck. The environment seemed lost to him, his focus only on the road in front of him. After Koike spoke, he didn't react for a moment before realizing that Koike had spoken. He pulled down his hoodie to better hear his friend. "Oh, swell," he said with a smile. "We had quite a good-bye party, huh?"

Once more today a grin spread over Koike's lips as he would march next to Katsu. "You can say that," he replied. For a moment he threw a sideways look at the troops that were under his command. It was surreal whenever he thought about it, but he wouldn't let that known through his body language. "I just spoke with Hayate. Seems that so far everything is going fine. If things will go like this then we will reach the Sea Keep in a week and then..." his voice trailed off for a moment. "I kind of owe Hayate an umbrella, though. Talked about the rain and then it started to pour. Oh," turning his gaze at Katsu, Koike added, "This may sound odd but have you by any chance noticed a predator bird circling above us?"

Katsu stared at his friend with a raised eyebrow for a few seconds before looking up with his hand raising as well to shield his eyes from the drops. He looked back at Koike. "Ah... Sorry, I haven't been paying much attention to anything around me," he said with a sheepish grin. "Why do you ask? Did you notice something?"

The older teen shook his head. "No, but overheard some soldiers joking about that it is a bad omen if a predator bird circles above you right before you go on a campaign. I did catch sight of a few ducks, but don't think we can count those as predator birds," was Koike's response. While the rain was cold Koike actually was enjoying it. It certainly made the marching troops appear in a much grimmer fashion but it was in a certain way refreshing. "Once we going to make camp, I will need to speak with some officers and captains. Want to join in? It isn't going to be really exciting, but considering that we will be working with them for some time I think we will need to get to know them."

A wide, joyful grin perked up on the young nin's lips. "Sure! It'd be interesting to meet the people we'll be working with," he said enthusiastically. "Just don't speak in Chonobi while I'm there. I'd like to learn a thing or two if I can and I can't do that if I don't understand a word you say."

Glad that Katsu was open for the idea, Koike wasn't sure if he could make that happen. The reputation of the 13th brigade wasn't really making them appear as a lot that would be willing to step away from their own manners. But seeing he hadn't tried it, Koike wouldn't mind to give it a shot. "Will see what I can do. I just hope that there won't be any problems. Anyhow, suppose that is the only thing we need to attend to." Briefly he wondered if it would be a good idea to let Katsu bring Tanpo to the meeting. It could give a positive impression but there was the chance it could fire back. "I am going to bring Akumu to the meeting. Feel free to bring Tanpo with you. Though," the tone of Koike's voice became a bit sterner, "Make sure that the rascal doesn't do any harm."

"I'm sure Tanpo would get a bit restless," Katsu said, lowering his head and thinking for a moment. He ran his hands quickly through his hair in a futile attempt to dry it. "I think it might be better to keep him in the tent. I doubt he'd want to listen to old people talk about tactics and ettiquette anyway... He's immature that way."

"Your choice. Well, let's keep up the pace. This evening we are going to have it busy as well. Hopefully, some better weather before Hayate will really blame for this rainpour."

The sky started to darken as various fires were being lit. Troops set up tents as watch posts and patrols were set out. Even while being present in their own homeland, no risks were taken. With some of the camp followers dealing out simple soup that served as the evening dish for the troops, various officers and captains of the 13th brigade headed towards a larger tent. They spoke in Chonobi with each other, discussing clearly something that they didn't all agree on, if one had to judge it by their tone and body language. Entering the tent they would be greeted by Koike, who hadn't changed from his gear into something more comfortable. Akumu was laying in the corner of the tent, almost unnoticable as a large shadow. With Katsu at his left flank, Koike nodded towards the men who had entered the tent.

"Evening," he said in a respectful and stern tone to the men, "I already had contact with some of you, but was hoping to have a sort of introduction done now." Turning slightly around Koike gestured to Katsu as he would continue. "This is Katsu Uchiha," turning back to the men Koike's tone didn't shift, "My sworn blood-brother. He serves as my aide." Waiting a moment, it remained silent in the tent. The men who were present were clearly much older than Katsu and Koike. A few of them seemed to be reaching the age of forty while others had enough scars that even made Koike's 'collection' seem tame.

"An Uchiha?" One of the men spoke in Chonobi, clearly not that pleased as he eyed Katsu, "Well have I ever. To think that they make excellent aides as kids, who would have thought that?" The other men chuckled as one even laughed out loud. The man nodded towards Katsu as he would shift from Chonobi. "You, pipsqueak, how much battle experience do you have under your belt? We don't count fights at the playgrounds."

Katsu bowed his head before raising it once more, bringing his hands together behind his back. With a plain smile that revealed no contempt or annoyance, he spoke up. "Not enough that my experience would count impressive, sir," he said, concealing his irritation without a tell.

Koike shot a sideways look at Katsu, hoping that the latter wouldn't go into a verbal offense back. The answer of Katsu caused the laughter to stop as the man who had asked it, raised his chin towards the Uchiha. "Huh, expected something smart. Well then," the man hooked his thumbs behind his belt as he shifted his gaze back at Koike, "We already met, but for formality and all that, Captain Skuli Hon. At your service, colonel, sir," Skuli said with a grumbling voice. The others followed in suit, introducing themselves. Glad that there wasn't any verbal skirmish ongoing Koike wouldn't wait long after the introduction to give chance for another to take place. Gesturing to a small table where he had laid out a scroll with some details he would gesture the others to gather around it.

Starting to explain what he knew of the way how the unit fought and what usual tactics they employed, Koike kept talking for several minutes until one of the captains suddenly spoke up. "Can he speak Chonobi?" captain Torrad Sarutobi asked, frowning towards Katsu, "It might be problematic if he is the sole member of this brigade that can't even understand a word. And I am not going to command my men different because of one Uchiha." There was a clear sliver of hostility in the captain's tone. Instead of letting Katsu try to fend for himself, Koike would frown back at Torrad. "Think that if I order you to do so that you will do so, captain Torrad," speaking back with the same tone, there was a dreadful silence following Koike's words.

"It is just absurd that this... boy," the last word spoken with a negative emphasis, "Is part of this brigade. What has he done to be fighting with us? Unless he forgot how to speak for himself," Torrad said, turning his gaze at Koike.

Katsu glanced at Koike, wondering if he should speak or not. He turned to the man who had last spoken. "I see my presence might be a bit vexing, but I hope you'll bare with me to judge my worth once an opportunity arises," he said with the hint of a cheeky grin. "Until then, I'm not sure if I can say anything that will change your... prejudice."

Somebody snickered. "Torrad, doubt you got something clever to say about that. Granted, he is as small as the runds we trained before, but he has a sharp tongue," one of the captains said. It was one of the more older men present with a lot of scars on his forearms and a few even on his face. "Perhaps you lot should even have a fight going on. Though," a cheeky grin appeared on the man's lips, "If he does manage to beat you, not sure what the men will say about that."

"And enough," Koike ordered, looking at the present men, "Katsu Uchiha will be my aide. He will serve the duties that are appointed to his rank and position. If he brings you an order then I expect you lot living up to the reputation that the 13th brigade has to do it. Now, before you lot will continue as some little brats, can we continue with the more important matter?" It remained silent as some of them nodded and grumbled. The discussion continued on and as it reached an end, Skuli turned to Katsu as he frowned. "So, Uchiha aide, what kind of stories can you tell us?"

The smile on Katsu's face faded as he took a more serious visage as Koike spoke up. For the remainder of the meeting, Katsu remained quiet, listening with intent.

As the meeting came to an end, Captain Skuli spoke. Katsu looked at him with a hint of skepticism before responding. "Not many, really. I don't really think I've experienced anything that would be too interesting."

Most of the captains left, but Skuli remained as Katsu answered the captain's question. The older man frowned upon hearing the answer. "You are telling me that the 13th isn't just going to have its first Uchiha member, who seems barely old enough to holding a sword, and don't have experienced anything?" The man shot a look at Koike, who seemed content with observing the two exchanging words for now. "You're either a bad liar or I am growing too old for this. Come, what kind of battles have you fought. And I don't know much about you Uchiha but," the frown on Skuli's brow vanished as his eyes slightly narrowed, "We don't take it too kindly when stories aren't being exchanged. Now, come on. Interesting or not, I think that I can only judge once I have heard a few!"

Katsu thought back, wondering what he could -or rather was allowed to- tell. After a few moments of contemplation, he sighed and started. "Well... A few months ago--" he paused for a moment. "--the colonel and I were in the River Country for an operation..." He went on to tell about the cultists of Jashin, their 'shrine', and the way the two had went through the entire group of worshippers there, but he felt it worth omitting Ha. "... So at the end, we met their leader. Some sort of priest, I suppose. We both went up against him, but at the time we weren't as experienced. The others simply didn't feel any pain, so they were easy to deal with using precise strikes, but this man had skill too. That day Koike lost someone dear to him to that man... Towards the end of the fight, after we'd been beaten down, the man had me by the throat, but Koike cut the man's hand off. After that, everything's a bit of a blur for me. Koike had dealt with the man, and we were ready to go home."

A silence briefly plagued the interior of the tent after Katsu concluded the story. Koike was more or less busy with packing in the scrolls and maps in the discussion with the captains, but he had listened into what Katsu told the captain. Skuli kept his eyes locked on Katsu, but there was only a blank expression visible on the man's features. Suddenly Skuli would release a chuckle. "That was interesting. And gave me insight that you weren't speaking the truth before. You stated that this... cult leader was more experienced and yet you bested him. If anything I would like to throw you into a duel against of my boys. Then again," the man sighed out loud as he threw a look over his shoulder towards the exit of the tent, "Doubt that we will have the time for such a matter. Would be interesting to see an Uchiha fledgling against one of us. Do you have that sharingan thing going on?" Skuli asked, a grin becoming slowly visible.

"Captain," Koike suddenly spoke up, "Think that tomorrow we will be marching quite early. I would advise to get some rest," the words of the young colonel caused Skuli to turn towards Koike. He seemed ready to argue against the decision of his superior, but a stern gaze caused Skuli to drop it. Nodding slowly he would bid them both in his grumbling voice a good night before taking his leave. "Well then, that went better than expected. Rough bunch, but think they will eventually warm up."

The young nin looked at his friend with a weary smile. "Haha... Yeah. I hope so," he said with a light chuckle. He looked over at the entry of the gate for a moment before turning back to Koike. "Ah... We really do have a long road ahead of us. It's kind of exciting, though. Terrifying, but exciting. Being with new people, going to a new place." He paused, remembering what had happened at Amegakure. "Fighting new enemies."

Unable to resist, Koike smiled a bit. He was glad that Katsu seemed to be less tense than before, even when they had just met the captains that they would serve with. "You can say that again. Kind of wonder what the east will be," he said while continue to pack up, "If anything I do hope that the weather will be better than the pour we are suffering now. Would be really nice to go somewhere warm, where the people are all nice and polite and no need to watch each other's back. Hopefully, it is just like that."

"Yeah, sure, their envoy was really nice, wasn't he," Katsu grumbled, crossing his arms. "We'll be stronger... We'll have to be to survive if they have monsters like him over there." His gaze snuck away. He looked back to Koike with a smile. "It'll be fine as long as we've got each other to look out for us, huh?"

Realising who Katsu was talking about, Koike felt a sting of guilt and anger. Looking down at the bag in which he had stored the maps and other documents in, he nodded. "Yeah. Besides, we have faced worse threats before. Faced an entire cult, enemies that had more experience and some less fortunate allies. Suppose we can endure a campaign in some unknown land as well." Getting up and straightening his back Koike released a loud sigh. "But think we will need to catch some sleep. Tomorrow we will be marching all day, again. And after tomorrow, another day. And... well, you get the picture."

"Yeah, that's a good idea," Katsu said, not moving for a few seconds before sighing. "Good night, Koike." He flashed a smile before walking outside and ran through the rain to get to the tent Tanpo and here staying at.
[/spoili]

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="A New Player Enters the Stage, red, solid"]
Mentioned: Kona Omari, all of the hooligans fighting near the barracks, the police guys.

Chu Omari, the Chuunin of some team, he's sure.

Chu stood from the desk he was sitting at, setting the pen down on the wooden surface and stretching. He'd been writing and sealing letters for almost two hours now, ensuring that his handiwork was immistakable and easily identified. He'd found the addresses of several former clan members, and now it was his duty to send them his offer of returning to their former home. Perhaps his hands felt like it was a mistake, but his clan was starting to regrow and reclaim their old clan compound. Overgrown though it was, generations of additions and improvements had seen that it was sturdy and durable, and the returning clan members were allowing it to slowly show its former shine and glory.

Though that didn't mean his hand was any more grateful for the cramping that came from writing a different letter apologizing to a different person for wrongs done in the past.

Chu rolled his shoulders before grabbing his sword from where it was leaning against the desk nearby and latching it onto his belt, then grabbed the letters he'd written and slipped them into his pocket. He also grabbed his umbrella from nearby too. He walked to the door of the small apartment he was living in and stepped outside before shutting and locking it. A walk would do him some good, besides, he needed to mail the letters at the other post office.

The aftermath of the riots had left the streets eerily quiet in his corner of the city. Few people walked about here, though he knew life carried on in other areas of the city. Still, it almost gave the illusion of the place being deserted. It reminded him of his clan compound.

The post office he would generally have gone to was closed, the attack before the riots had seen to that, and as annoying as that was, he'd just have to take a longer walk to get to the other post office in the city.

Though of course that gave him the opportunity to look in on one of his cousins. The girl had been arrested in the aftermath at the post office, and apparently had killed someone in the process of the battle. He couldn't exactly approach her though, due to the wish left behind by her step parents in their will. Still, that didn't mean he couldn't check up on her to make sure she wasn't starving to death. He quickened his stride to make his walk faster.

As he reached the home of the girl, he was shocked at the scene. The door showed signs of having been forced, and while hasty repairs had fixed it, the house had curtains drawn over windows that had been shattered. As he peered inside the window, he could spot the splintered remains of a table, and shattered glass decorated the floor. In a pile in the center of the kitchen he could see raw food and other perishables lying together, spoiled or spoiling.

So she was a victim of the attacks then?

Chu didn't linger long. The glances inside told him what he needed to know, and what was revealed to him was quite grim. The girl's home was in ruins. He sighed as he continued walking, as there really was nothing he could do for her right now. After spotting congestion in the streets already, Chu decided that it would be best if he just went around the business district entirely, instead deciding to pass by the barracks, and perhaps check and see if he had been assigned a new team yet. His walk didn't take long and before he knew it he was in sight of a crowd circled around.... something.

Now, in Chu's experience it meant one of two things when a crowd circled around something. One, a politician or local leader was making a rousing speech, or two, someone was fighting, and Chu didn't think the best place for a politician to make a speech was in the middle of a street. Then he heard the police whistle sound near the center of circle, which meant the police were already involved and this definitely wasn't a speech.

Because Chu didn't want to deal with the hassle of pushing through a crowd to see the combatants, and because he'd rather assess the situation somewhere he could get a proper view of everything, Chu slipped up to the top of a nearby home, and squatted on the roof, surveying the scene. Four members of whatever was going on in the center, and from what he could see they were shinobi, genin likely if they were willing to fight in the street in the front of so many regular citizens. The police were already involved and making arrests too.

Chu scratched the back of his neck, and made the judgement call not to get involved. Whatever was going on, the police seemed to have it handled. He considered briefly just slipping off to go back to mailing the letters he had written.

Then again, there was that whole deal with the post office, and the recent riots...

Considering the crowd, and the involvement of Shinobi, plus the police, Chu considered whether it would be wise to just sit and watch for the moment. Of course though, things were boring. It didn't take long for the Police to start pushing the shinobi away towards the station, which reminded Chu that at some point he ought to go and see if that entire situation got resolved. Best to save that for another day though.

Chu hopped off the roof quietly and quickly, abandoning his vantage point so that he could continue on towards the barracks. As he walked towards the barracks, Chu decided that perhaps he didn't really want to check if he had been assigned a team or not. After all, it was likely that the answer would be more depressing then one he wanted right now. Moving around the dispersing crowd, Chu continued his pace towards the other post office.

It didn't take much longer for Chu to reach the other post office and deposit the letters, paying for stamps and the postal fee. On his way back, Chu briefly considered a meal from one of the local diners, but also considered that many of the citizens were still upset with the Shinobi, and in light of the recent events, Chu decided to take his meal at home.

Chu's walk home was far shorter then his trip to the post office. His thoughts turned briefly to the girl as he passed her home, but for now, decided against helping, after all there was the will from her step parents. Best to keeps his distance.
[/hr][/fieldbox]

Etsu Yabut,
Jounin of Ame Team 22
Amegakure, on the streets.

That had been quite delicious. Once more Etsu couldn't bring up any doubt about Ikaru's food. Pushing the bowl, that had contained a recipe of delicious sweet-sour, chicken ramen, Etsu released a soft sigh. She leaned slightly back while pondering. The meeting with her team had so far gone well. In her opinion, at least. There hadn't been any questioning of her position or leadership, always a good start, nor any attempts to test out the limits. Something she always expected when it came down interacting with teens. Deciding to not break her head over an issue that wasn't there Etsu would get up to pay the bill for her lunch. As she did so, the woman overheard a pair of men talking about something that piqued Etsu's interest.

"Told you. The kid is up to no good. Wouldn't surprise me if anybody with the name of Deshuga is nothing more than a problem case wandering around."
"As if you never got into a fight before? Remember that evening at Youski's bar? Unless you were punched so hard that you couldn't remember it."
"That is so different! I never picked a fight with people on the street."
"Mhmm. But heard that he and this... leader of the Hyuuga?"
"Yeah, kind of odd. What would a leader of a clan that resides in the Fire province do in the city? Makes you almost wonder what or who is going to be next."
"Heh, though I don't think that the boy should be thrown into jail. Won't do him any good. Will just end up like his father, but that is my opinion."
"Exactly, your opinion. Think some cold nights in a cell will remember the punk to cool down."

Etsu eavesdropped without letting it be known. The opinion of the men didn't matter to her. What did was that the son of Soru Deshuga got arrested and likely thrown into jail, again. Not that the jounin was personally interested into the boy. He meant nothing to her and she doubted Soru's son even knew about her. Let alone care if he did.
Yet it was interesting. When the whole attack on a post-office had occurred Sho had been there. Of course, only getting in more trouble by being caught of assaulting an innocent man. And then being released even while there was enough evidence to make him enjoy jail for more than just a few days.

Walking out of the restaurant Etsu pulled up the hood of her raincoat. There was something amiss. It was already strange that the boy had been released quite early after the whole attack, but the longer she thought about it, the more it reeked of something foul. And it wasn't the turd of an animal, likely a dog or a cat, that Etsu had to avoid stepping on.
The only problem was that it wouldn't be easy to just investigate into the case. Questioning the police corps was never something that went well. And asking a boy that was notorious for his foul mood and aggressive personality? Not that she hadn't suffered such hotheads before, but she rather avoided a collision that would put her into some attention.
Thinking further Etsu decided that it was perhaps a good start to assemble her team together. Perhaps one of her adorable students could conjure a good plan. Or serve as bait?~

[fieldbox=GM post - Amegakure police station]

Amegakure Police station,
Jugo, police officer.

It hadn't gone as smooth as he had hoped for. It actually never went smooth when it came down to arrest teens who had been caught fighting. Certainly, teens who had a foul mood and weren't very happy to see the police breaking up their fight. Jugo just sighed as he entered the station. The three arrested shinobi teens would be placed in separate cells. Wouldn't do much good to have them continue fighting in one of the cells. Even though Jugo wagered Sho would have loved a boxing ball in the form of another person. Running a hand through his hair Jugo would release yet another sigh. He had to do some paperwork, to make it clear that the three weren't just arrested for nothing. Not that their 'crime' would lead them to be put in jail for some time. Even though Jugo was certain that it would do some good for the city. He still couldn't fathom any logic behind the fight. The riots had been over, that was for sure, but that didn't mean that the unrest was just over and gone. If that was the case then his life was much easier. And sadly, that wasn't the case.
Seeing that the two others weren't locals, but operating from a shinobi cell from the imperial capital of Konohagakure, Jugo couldn't make them sit out in the cell. They wouldn't have enough on them to pay the hefty fine, but that didn't mean it wouldn't be that they would get away with it all. The fine would be sent over to the capital and taken from their salary. Regardless if they liked it or not. Or being the leader of a clan. Now it would come down to Sho. He was a local but neither did he have enough money to pay the big fine. The problem for the teen was that the fine wouldn't go and be pulled off his salary. He would be put back into jail for it. Something that wouldn't sit well with Sho, but Jugo didn't really care for what the boy wanted. It was all for good of his plan, after all.

It was quite simple. He had discussed the plan with Komei. While she would try to find some more evidence and tracks of any corrupt element in the police corps, Jugo would see if he could try to lure out the corrupt element. Doing so by trying to see if he could catch a bait that the corrupt element wouldn't be able to resist. With Sho and that girl, Kona, being released without much counter-evidence against their actions during the surprise attack on the whole Imazaki post-office, Jugo suspected he could use Sho. The plan wasn't really that fair towards Sho, but this wasn't the time to play fair. Besides Jugo doubted that Sho would be willing to work on this plan. He couldn't think of anybody who was willing to go to jail, just to try to see if they could lure out a corrupt element in the police corps. So Jugo saw himself forced to keep an eye on Sho. With the establishment where Sho worked having been wrecked, it didn't take a genius to anticipate that Sho would be quite pissed. And neither would a genius be needed to guess what the boy would do.
Now the next action would be to try to speak with the boy, just to try to play the next part of his plan and wait. Which was, not his favourite part.

And neither was the waiting.​

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=On the march!, chocolate]

Saki Yamanaka

saki_yamanaka___armor_by_sketching101-d9rc2do.jpg

Yes, shameless advertising Sketcher's work. Check it out!

| Spc. Jounin | Konohagakure Team 6 member | Captain-Major of the Guardians | Second-in-command of the Tiger Claws |
[ Akino, Fire province, on the march with Hayate's detachment ]

A sigh escaped the young woman. While she was unlike most not on foot, it wasn't easier being mounted. Probably less exhausting but never the less, Saki couldn't state that she was having the time of her life. With the majority of the detachment from Konohagakure marching towards the Sea Keep, which functioned as the location to group with the other detachments for the campaign east, Saki and most of the 200 Tiger Claws were operating as scouting force. This made her and most of the present Tiger Claws on the march away from the detachment, operating in packs of making sure that anybody that was hiding would be apprehended. There were various times that caravans and another folk on the road were being guided away. Even if they didn't like it, orders were orders. The fewer people saw of a force mobilising the better. It, however, did make Saki's work to a living hell. Already she had to deal four times with merchants who claimed that they had full right to be going the direction they were heading. It took usually a bit of persuasion to make them cave in, but just an hour ago she had to verbally threaten a person that he would be arrested if he would go against her orders.

Sitting on top of Duion, the large tiger yawned. Patting the large feline Saki released another sigh. Through the telepathic technique, it was relatively easy to coordinate and work together with the tiger. Sometimes it felt like he could read her mind without even needing the link. Hopefully, Hiroshi wouldn't mind it that she hadn't brought the armour that he had arranged for Duion. The saddle was already something that the tiger didn't seem to be fond of so Saki didn't want to press her luck with also bothering him with armour.
Waiting on top of a hill she had some good vision on the surrounding area. Soon enough they would encounter rougher terrain as they would make quite some distance from Konohagakure. Throwing a look over her shoulder Saki was hoping that Hayate and the others weren't suffering any problems along the way.

"Let's go, big boy," Saki muttered as the tiger would start to walk forwards, "Let's hope we won't be encountering any pesky 'obstructions' anytime soon."

The camp was already set. That didn't mean that the work of the Tiger claws was done. Shifts were taken to perform 'perimeter control'. Not any longer mounted the members of the unit would perform various scans and scoutings around the perimeter of the camp. Luckily, Saki could stay at the camp. In a tent of her own, she was busy with cleaning her tools and weapons. Not the most exciting way to kill time, but there wasn't anything else but waiting for any news from her own troops that were on their tasks or a command of Hayate.

It did occur to her to see if she couldn't visit Hideki, Hayate or anybody else. As time slowly passed by the temptation was growing, but Saki would stay. The chance was getting quite slim that something would happen but the thought of that something would happen and she wasn't where she was supposed to be? That was enough to keep her inside of her tent, continue to wait and try to kill time. Once done cleaning her gear Saki would make use of the time to attend to her gear. Duion was outside of her tent, asleep. The big feline hadn't made any action that had made Saki think that he had enough of it. In a way, it was even now a good way of spending time with her summoning. Even though they were already at the level of trust and capability to cooperate without much communication. Or was that just her own misplaced arrogance? Recognising that she was starting to drift in her own thoughts, Saki would just continue.

Waiting.​

[/fieldbox]