Yone Tsuji
Genin of Ame Team 19,
Amegakure.

A kick full of reason!

The question of Sho, if Mitsunari had kicked her from the team, made Yone shake her head. She wondered if he really cared as his attitude and choice of words weren't really making it clear to Yone on how he felt about her thanking him. Perhaps she was a bit too late with thanking him or he wasn't just feeling in the mood to have some random person thanking him? It made her waver as he turned around just as she was about to answer his question. Only deciding that she had already commenced the start of the conversation that it wouldn't hurt to try to continue it.
Picking up a pace to catch up quickly with Sho, Yone would place her hands at the back of her head.

"Oh, he didn't. We talked and I made my reasons clear on why I didn't join. You see," she briefly wondered if he was really interested but decided to risk a shot anyways, "I have no real combat experience. Just joining in with people I am not familiar with wasn't really going to be something I would have loved. Not to mention that Kona has pelted a kunoichi that she wasn't certain if it was or wasn't an enemy with kunai. I rather not be stabbed in the back or front, you know?"
The teen said, just talking in a casual tone while walking next to Sho. Figuring that he perhaps just was fine with listening to her talking she was about to continue, wanting to talk about the events at the Imazaki post office. Only for Sho to suddenly shout causing some confusion by Yone.

An Uchiha? Yone stared in the direction Sho was facing and sure enough, another person spoke up. He seemed younger than her or Sho, which made her wonder what an Uchiha was doing here. Fair enough, they were all subjects of the Akinian Empire but didn't the Uchiha reside in general east of the Rain province? As Sho seemed to challenge this kid, who rebuked it, Yone wanted to keep herself out. She wasn't fond of the idea to get involved in some personal matters but that would rapidly change.
An older teen would appear, stating that they had reasons to be here. His manners didn't tick Yone off but it was his phrasing. It came over to her as if she and Sho didn't have. Remembering as well what his eyes entitled Yone narrowed her eyes slightly.

"Hey Hyuuga," Yone spoke up in a loud and challenging volume, "Would think again before stating that reason. Before I will give you a kick full of reason up close."

Making a laugh,
Azumi - Konohagakure, the lounge.

A collab between Icy and Oety.

Summary :
Meilin tries to settle in the headquarters of the Guardians. Sitting down in the lounge a familiar fellow joins her.

[spoili]
This was Azumi, thus? The headquarters of the Guardians. It in a way different from how Meilin had imagined it to be. Perhaps a less relaxing atmosphere as they were a military organisation. Or less 'friendly'. Not certain how to put it Meilin wouldn't try it further while walking through the hall towards the room that was now hers. Her own room. Somehow that had made her excited, while it shouldn't be. At least, she didn't think that she should be excited about it. Bringing just some stuff the teen did spend almost an hour in the small room that she could now consider her own. It wasn't much bigger than the room she had rented in the Cho compound. But it was a start and it could serve to reduce some of her cost, but right now she was just happy to know that she was making some progress.
Once she felt confident enough to head out Meilin wondered if she should perhaps request Hayate now for that tour, but was that really a wise idea? He had it probably quite busy and while the interview had gone in such a manner that Meilin was hoping to meet and talk soon again with the captain-commander she was aware that it wasn't just going to be that easy for him.
Stepping out of her room Meilin took a moment to look at both directions. On her way she had noticed that there was a certain kind of lounge room, so perhaps she should check that out before risking to head to the other departments of the headquarters? Deciding that it was the best choice Meilin did disappear one moment into her own room. Using a small mirror she inspected her look, mainly her hair, before leaving the room again.

Heading towards the lounge she wondered what kind of story each member had with joining the organisation. What kind of motivation drove them and what kind of test or interview that they had gone through. Entering the place she noticed that it wasn't really populated - which she preferred for now. Scratching her left cheek for a second Meilin decided to just take a seat at a table. Being near a window she had a nice view of the gardens.
"Well, I can get used to this," she muttered softly to herself.

Absorbed in a bubble of his own, entertaining a dull mass of vacuous thoughts and considerations, Hideki perambulated the sun-shot Azumi, feeling sluggish in the glare. Hands in his pockets, posture slightly bent forward, hair tousled and unruly as if he'd just climbed out of bed, he focused not so much on where he was heading as on the motoric operation of taking one step, then another, and another, continuing on infinitely... In spite of all the chaos and disorder of the present, it somehow felt as if he inhabited a wholly different plane of existence than the very Guardians whetting their blades and rigourously training their bodies and minds all around him. A more bottomless one, tepid and moist like a cave and seemingly without any material purpose whatsoever. Why were they fighting again? Against whom? This Priest of Threads — and even Ezuri, that puny craven. Was there any point to it all? Sighing, he shook his head a wee bit, just enough to dispel the most tedious of thoughts, and went into the lounge: some tea might clear his head. He'd not taken two steps inside when he spotted Meilin's dark frame lounging by a table. Surprised at first, and flirting with the idea of just snatching his tea and leaving, he eventually trundled up to her table. "Didn't know we were open for visitors today," he said, then, pointing to the seat opposite hers, a tea cup steaming in his other hand, "Do you mind?"

Surprised Meilin turned her gaze from the gardens to a familiar figure. Hearing what Hideki said as well noticing his gesture Meilin nodded to make clear that she wouldn't mind him joining her. A faint smile crossed her lips before answering back.
"I wouldn't really call myself a visitor now. Hmm, I mean," she frowned slightly as she couldn't call herself yet at home. Not enough time had passed and she wasn't really yet known with the whole complex or organisation.
"I joined only like a day ago. But how are you doing?" She asked, feeling slightly uncertain. The whole operation in Keishi was still fresh in mind and Meilin wasn't sure yet how Hideki thought of her. Let alone knowing that he was a member of the Guardians as well.

Slumping down opposite her and lightly sipping on his tea, he cocked his head slightly at her question. "Me? I'm fine. The more important question is how you are getting along. I'm not the one..." He made a vague gesture, referring to the ordeal in Keishi - and Meilin's loss.

For a moment Meilin was at a loss, unsure what he meant. It only dawned on her a second later of what he could possibly convey. Her eyes lowered for a moment as a soft, "Oh," escaped the teen's lips. Taking a short moment before replying back Meilin shrugged lightly.
"I guess I am doing okay. Trying to settle a bit down. You know," rubbing her left shoulder Meilin would raise eyes to look back at Hideki while flashing a faint smile, "I haven't ever put much effort to really get to know Konoha, but no better time than the present right? Heh."
Not feeling more comfortable Meilin decided to bring something else up.
"We had a team training last time. But seeing you're here, I suspect that you've had it quite busy yourself. Didn't know that you were a member of the Guardians or are you like me, a protegé?"

Toying with the seams of his bandages, Hideki listened with his eyes absently scanning the table. A small smile dawned on his lips at the mention of protegé. "I don't know. Maybe I am," he said, blowing some air out of his nose. "And I might just be home-blind, but I'd imagine Keishi the more exciting place - in terms of getting to know... Anyhow, you've my congratulations on nailing down the test. It's harder nowadays; back when I did it, the organization was much smaller and there was a bigger demand for arms. Less militant as well." He raised his head and peered up at the ceiling, inspecting an oblong slant of sunlight, eyes growing a bit distant. "Hmm, it was the Empress then. Inducting me, I mean."

"Keishi has... its charms and vices," Meilin said as she snickered for a second, "But I have to explore Konoha more. It seems to be quite alive as well, that is for certain."
Leaning a bit back in her seat Meilin wasn't sure how to react as he congratulated her. It brought a wider smile on her lips as she lowered her eyes and scratched her cheek. "Thanks, I am really happy that I got this chance, really."
Then when Hideki stated how he got into the order he received her full attention. She was about to ask how it was in the earlier days, but as her lips parted the teen just ended up staring at Hideki. He had mentioned the Empress as if he was a friend of hers.
"Okay, I guess that it is fair to joke a bit around, but the Empress? Come on, how did you join the organisation, Hideki?"

Unable to resist a slightly cheeky grin at her reaction, he quickly wiped his features and returned his eyes to the oblong which had now moved down to the edge of the wall. "Well, I was introduced to the organization by a friend, Lilia. Younger than me by a year or two or three, I believe, but already a Chuunin. We met during the Shoji Opression - I'm not sure how deeply Keishi was affected by that... although I'm sure, he mumbled, going off on a tangent, "The Cho must have felt it, unless you hid or- But I'm digressing... It was nothing special, my joining. But it's a good place - the Guardians. I think you'll like it here."

Listening to Hideki the teen was caught by his answer and story. She could remember the Shoji oppression but decided against answering that. The nights she had spent to try to study and figure out how to master her current techniques and skills had been a tedious one as she had been aware of what it meant if she would be caught. His answer made her also look different at him. He hadn't brought the impression he was much of a veteran but now she was doubting if there wasn't more to the Hyuuga in front of her.
"Not sure how my clan experienced. Never even went to the lands that my clan originate from, to be honest. I mean, yeah..." she answered, deciding to continue on instead of being stuck on that.
"But come on. Are you real or just joking with me? You were brought in by the Empress, herself? If you want to prank with me then you can do much better. Unless it is true..." her voice trailed off as it became evident that she wasn't sure if he was really pranking with her at the moment.
"You're not joking are you?"

"Well, no, but she wasn't an Empress then. Just a contemporary and friend of mine. She showed me the ropes more than anyone else - the ropes of the world, anyway, beyond all the academic and didactic fuss." He rumpled one corner of his nose and made a dismissive gesture. "You'd like her... although she did have that nasty sword..." Melting away into his inner world again, he took a sip of his tea and considered the past for a fleeting moment. Things had been just as hectic then as they were now - but he'd felt younger, he'd been younger, more strong of spirit, more fresh of mind, more motivated. Even the most mundane things had had a gloss that seemed to have worn off with the years.

It didn't seem anymore as a joke. If anything it was really cool that he had such a friend. Who could say that they knew the Empress before her becoming a royalty? Meilin's mind was spinning with all the questions she wanted to ask but doubted Hideki would really find it a great idea to answer everything. Deciding that she should bother him with that at a later date Meilin was for a second at a loss of words.
"Heh, you think?" She asked, thinking about the prospect of meeting somebody as the Empress. There were enough stories that she had heard about the young monarch but never considered the idea that she would get along with her.
"That is really cool, you know. I sadly have no impressive friends but," she added with a cheerful tone, "I am working on that. Anyhow," she paused for a second, "Now, in all honesty, I guess this is kind of a good moment to apologise once again. I mean," frowning slightly as she made a dismissive gesture herself this time, "In Keishi a lot of things happened. I wasn't really thinking enough about some matters and I want to thank you for giving me another shot. Didn't know how to show that I appreciated it but I really do. So yeah, euhm... thanks, Hideki."

"Ah, it's cool. Don't bother too much with the formalities. I've never been any good with it, and, after all, we're colleagues now - twofold. And Kensuke is rather impressive, no? He's got a tonnage of history and achievements on his shoulders. And me? I might as well be a knight in coruscating armour astride a white stallion with a whole procession of stewards and men-at-arms trailing behind, that's how much attention I draw just walking down the street.

"That's true, yeah," Meilin answered, feeling a bit more at ease. When he brought up Kensuke she couldn't help but frown a bit. Her own thoughts of Kensuke didn't align much with Hideki. She was certainly sure that the jounin had earned his title with merit but she wasn't sure if she could label him as a friend or even something close to that. But should she bring that up to Hideki?
"Nimatsu-san has certainly something to him. But can't really be certain if he and I are friends, you know?"
Deciding to just continue on his last comment Meilin visibly eyed him, her eyebrows perking up slightly.
"Then that does mean that I have to address you in a more formal manner, not m'lord? Am certain that you wouldn't look less dashing in a suit of armour. You know," she started, only realising that she was about to ramble, "I think you're just fine. People stare at everything that just looks a bit apart in their opinion," Meilin stated with a casual tone, even making a dismissive gesture alongside her comment.

Tossing away a tuft of hair from his fringe, he nibbled on his lower-lip as she spoke about Kensuke. "Mhm, yeah, I see it. He's a bit strict, if not rather... draconian," he said, snorting at his own quip. "Oh well, some people will never get along with each other - that's just a facet of the world." He smiled faintly at her comment on his apperance. "Well, I'm just a bit self-concious about it. People honestly don't mind - hardly even bat an eyelash in my presence - but this sordid thing," he tapped with an index finger at his pate, smiling somewhat darkly, "is capable of magnifying even the most minutiae of details."

Snickering at Hideki's choice of words for the team leader Meilin nodded. "That's one way to describe him, I guess, hahaha. But I hope he and I will get along. Have to work with him. He already has proven himself to be capable or else he wouldn't be allowed to lead a team. Me, on the other hand, have yet to prove that I can be capable."
As he continued on Meilin considered something.
"Might be a bit rude, but how is it to be a Hyuuga?" Realising how hazy her question was Meilin chose to clarify it better.
"I mean, can you really see all around you the entire time? Doesn't that make it troublesome at times? Like, say," she frowned for a second, "When going to the toilet in an establishment such as a restaurant. I wouldn't really consider it beneficial if I could see what another person is doing in the place next to where I am."

Confused at first, Hideki regarded her with a perplexed look on his face, then, realizing the gist of her question, burst out laughing, drawing some astounded attention from a trio of Guardians at another table - people who had seldom, if never, heard or seen Hideki laugh. "Ah, yes," he said, strugging with a smile, ""The All-Seeing Eye." Very powerful stuff... But no, it's not an idle condition - you need to activate it, like a technique. Don't you remember the veins bunching around my eye?" he asked, pointing to his eye with a more subdued smile.

Surprised as she hadn't expected that it would be enough to cause Hideki to laugh, she was happy that it did. Smiling she heard what he said but would shrug casually.
"That is what they say. Can't say that I really fancy seeing the veins. But was wondering how it is like. Haven't you ever used it for your own... amusement, so to say?" The teen asked in a tone as if they were plotting a murder, though the present smile betrayed that Meilin was just joking a bit around.
"You probably thought of it, come on, admit it. I won't tell, promised!"

Flushing a bit, Hideki cast her a faux-offended look. "Don't be silly. I'd never... The Hyuuga, we..." Finding no words to support his argument, he cleared his throat, nodded twice as if he'd said something profound, and took another sip of his tea, more or less crushed under the silence and embarrassment.

Seeing him blush lightly made Meilin narrow her eyes in delight. As a feline that noticed that her prey couldn't escape her anymore, the grin became more devious.
"Oh come on, you so thought about it. That's okay, I would have likely been somewhat problematic if I had such dojutsu at my disposal."
Leaning a bit forward Meilin brought her tone to a hushed one while her eyebrows wiggled. "Could also be very useful in the art of pickpocketing, you know? What do you say? You could pick out targets and I could then empty their pockets. Together we could make it really work well.~"

Grimacing, he leaned back in his chair and rubbed his temples in a mixture of exasperation and embarrassment. "Oh why did I ever sit down here..." he muttered to himself, then, looking up at his interrogator, scowled. "Hayate let you get away with that, eh? Maybe I ought to make some reports on the sly, about the habits of a certain someone..." he said, whistling demurely and suppressing the shadow of a grin.

"Cause we are colleagues, twofold if I remember how you put it," Meilin answered, the sly grin turning into a snicker. With Hayate brought up Meilin couldn't help but let a chuckle escape before replying.
"The Captain-commander did state that I was one of the more pleasant interviews he had experienced. I guess that I was behaving a bit then, heh. Then again," the teen spread her arms for a moment, the sly grin returning.
"I guess if you would report me that I am forced to use my charms. But really, jokes aside," she said, releasing another chuckle, "I am just joking. Though I must confess that I am a bit curious how the Hyuuga compound is like. Am not really that well known in Konoha. Nor certain if I can just up and go towards the Hyuuga compound as an outsider."

"You could try, I suppose. I'm not so welcome there myself - although I'm still allowed entrance. And it's what you might imagine: clean, sterile, fusty, stiff robes and high-flown discussions. Not much to brag about."

Realising that in her curiosity that she had made a mistake Meilin felt bad for Hideki. Wasn't he welcome at his own clan's compound? There had to be a story to it but it was one that wasn't proper for her to indulge in. Biting her lower lip for a second Meilin tried to be lighthearted.
"That doesn't sound like they know how to give a good party. Hmmm, you know," she flashed a smile, "I know some good places in the Cho compound where one can eat quite well. Perhaps... well, it is a silly idea, but," she remembered what Hayate had told her before. About the Guardian units moving out. If it wasn't a joke then she could safely assume that Hideki was a part of that unit. Which meant that he soon would be going on towards the east.
"You know, I heard from the Captain-commander that some of the Guardians will soon head east. When you come back I will make sure to have explored every bit and part of Konoha. Perhaps even have us all together eat somewhere if you would like that."

Hideki smiled bleakly. "That sounds nice." He looked back down at the table, palpating the smooth surface with the flat of his hand, then tapping it with the back of his knuckles. It made a hollow sound. "It does sound nice," he murmured affirmatively, more to himself than anyone else, the image of that foul creature seizing him by the wrists and assailing him with its tiny microbes of memory-devouring evil flaring up vividly in his mind — and all the entrail-squirming sensations associated cascading down. It does sound nice, yes. If survival is due.
[/spoili]

Reactions: Lesli and Gerontis
[fieldbox=Ready for it?, lightsalmon]

Kaya Irozaki

| Genin | Kumogakure Team 13 | War camp, at the training field |

Her gaze was focused at the front. Pushing herself forward the teen felt exhaustion creeping like a menace slowly over her body. It was painful to keep going but she didn't want to give up. Continue to push herself to keep jogging and be in line with the others Kaya didn't think about anything else than to continue on. The others were silent as everybody was focused on being both on their formation and not slowing down. Which would see to it that the formation would fall down into chaos and disorder.

Eventually, the drill was over as the sergeant ordered them to halt. Almost in an instant, the entire formation of participants would slow down to a quick stop. Breathing heavily Kaya tried to recompose herself quickly but found it difficult. Narrowing her eyes she kept her gaze pinned on the man in front of her. If anything it had proven to be difficult to keep up with the soldiers, even these 'greenhorns' as the sergeant called them. Then again the current sergeant in charge of the drilling and training seemed to be calling everybody a 'greenhorn', which made Kaya not pay too much attention to it. The place and exercise provided a way for her to clear her mind of the doubts, questions and worries. To allow her to relax, in a perhaps unorthodox manner. But it was helping.

The drill sergeant would check if everybody was still in place. Content with how it had went he dismissed them, causing a subtle and almost silent relief to originate from the formation. It quickly broke up in groups or pairs of men and women who started to talk with each other as they went their own way. Kaya was the only one who wasn't walking or talking with anybody. Not that she was bothered with that. Her mind was somewhat cleared out and now she could perhaps do some thinking. With her backpack still waiting for her at the edge of the field that was being used for drills, Kaya would pick it up. Instead of heading directly towards the place where she was supposed to put up her tent the teen went towards the smiths.
It wasn't an easy or short walk as there was a lot of activity and everybody was so busy or focused on their tasks that they didn't really pay much mind to the genin. Making sure that she wouldn't cause any ruckus Kaya was forced several times to either wait or step aside for others, which slightly irritated her but she knew that she had some time left.

Arriving at the smith's Kaya wavered for a second. There were a lot of people who were either smithing, helping them or carrying goods. She noticed some shinobi and soldiers standing in respective groups, talking and laughing. Stepping towards one of the smithies Kaya would eye a lone smith behind an anvil, hammering away at some red hot steel. Using the hammer to shape it into the desired form, the genin would wait for the smith to be done. Was hard to talk anyways when the hammer would ring loud noises from striking at the red-hot piece of metal.

"Sir," Kaya would step forwards as she brought up her two trench knives, "Was wondering where I could sharpen these." Her question caused the man to look up from his work. He nodded towards the right, instructing her how to get there and stating that she would be able to sharpen her 'little knives' there. Mumbling a thanks Kaya would head towards the direction given. Once arriving at the place where various grind wheels were stationed and being used Kaya was relieved to see one that she could use for herself. Putting her backpack down the genin would carefully start the process of sharpening her trench knives. They weren't really in need to be sharpened but it provided just some more time that Kaya could ponder on how to approach the entire situation. Knowing very well who was wrong now the genin didn't want to cause any rifts or problems. That was if she already hadn't screwed up any chance of redemption with her past behaviour. Taking it nice and easy Kaya would start to head towards the place where she was supposed to put up her tent after a good twenty minutes. The place where Reyna and Midori would either set up their tents or already had done so. For reasons unexplained, however, the walk towards the spot was both tedious and nerve breaking. Thoughts on how Midori wouldn't wish to hear any apology or laughing Kaya in the face made the latter become afraid. Something she didn't want to submit but knew that she was.

Afraid and guilty.

Spotting Midori up ahead Kaya's pace slowed down by a bit. She was busy with her tent it seemed, which made Kaya wonder if Midori would help her with setting her tent up. The whole process of putting up a tent was never really taught to Kaya and the last time she had tried it wasn't a big success. Closing in the distance she noticed that Midori was approached by somebody else. The unknown person started a conversation with Midori, which was at first a source of relief for Kaya. Only to wonder about something.

What if that person was a replacement? Judging by the present backpack it could be a very plausible option. Stopping for a second Kaya wondered if it wasn't wiser to just turn and set her to tent up somewhere else. Who would mind her doing that? Who would stop her?
Realising that she was behaving like a scared little kitten Kaya bit her underlip, pushing herself mentally to keep walking. Approaching Midori and the unknown person Kaya tried to flash a smile. It probably was more in an awkward fashion than really friendly but it was too late to turn around.

"Hey. Sorry, got a bit caught up in joining a drill and taking care of my weapons. Shall.. I put my tent here, ma'am?"
[/fieldbox]

Meilin Cho
Genin of Konoha Team 7/ Team Meilin,
Konohagakure, Cho Compound.

Don't judge too soon.
Part I

Everything was going great. Much better than she had anticipated. With being accepted into the Guardians Meilin noticed that she looked in a much more positive manner at the future. There was still the trouble of her own personal quest but that didn't diminish the success she was booking so far. Hopefully, it would contribute to more success onwards.
Heading towards the Cho compound Meilin wondered briefly what she should do. She was glad about her experience and opportunities in the Guardians. The people she had so far encountered had proven to be both friendly and capable shinobi - evident either by their positions or even noticing their skill personally. While she doubted if she would rise among them to be equally skilled and experienced one day Meilin pushed that worry away. For today she wouldn't worry about that.
Arriving at the compound of her clan Meilin passed an old man who was reading a book.

"You've been busy, haven't you?"

The familiar voice made Meilin come to a slow halt. Turning around to look at the old man, who was reading a book and seemed to be uncaring for what happened around him, Meilin frowned for a moment.
"That I have, yes," she answered on a slower than usual pace, "I suppose I owe you some thanks. Without your help, I wouldn't have come into contact with the White Blade. So... thank you."

The man looked up from his book for a moment. A casual expression would be replaced by a small smile for a moment. As his eyes lowered back to focus on the book he was reading the man replied back to Meilin.
"I suppose it is fine. Would've taught you a thing or two myself if it weren't for the fact that I could arrange a younger mentor. Anyways, I suppose it is time for your next lesson," the old man said as he would get up slowly, which was accompanied by him softly grumbling.

"My next lesson? I can't just go on and off as some kind of lap dog. Sorry, but really not sorry but you have to find somebody else today to bother."
With that answer given Meilin would turn around and start to walk away again. She wasn't still certain if he was the Jin that was highly revered by the Cho Guard but she considered that she had some right on resting out. The teen would have continued walking until the man spoke up.

"Fair enough. I suppose it is a bit of a waste of the money that I used to pay your sword instructor. Or the fact that I had made arrangments that any of your family could reside somewhere safe. And without you needing to pay for it."

His words caused Meilin to stop. Half turning around she eyed the man. How he was leaning on a cane, a book under his free arm and a calm expression he didn't come over as some experienced and lethal fighter. More as an old man who seemed to think that he knew everything better. Which just saw Meilin feel anger boiling up. Turning around there were already some venomous words at the ready to be shot at the man. Only realising that he was the one who had paid Koike for the lessons he had given her. And so it was also indirectly his work that she had managed to learn and join the Guardians. Biting her tongue for a second Meilin stared at the man.
"Fair enough but before we go," she said as she would walk back towards Jin, "Let us make clear that I never asked you for anything. Don't play games with me, okay?"

The man chuckled as he beckoned her to follow him. Judging from the direction they were walking out of the Cho compound.
"Oh child if you knew what I knew then you would know that life is mostly a game."

Walking beside Jin, Meilin wondered where they were going. Eyeing him for a moment sideways the teen wondered as well what kind of lesson he would teach her. If he was truly the man that bore the name of the renowned Cho then it could explain their first 'meeting'. It would also mean that this whole old-man behaviour could very well just be a facade. A trick.
Approaching the compound of the Uchiha clan, Meilin couldn't help but halt for a second. Causing Jin to turn half around and frown at his 'disciple'.

"What is the matter? Don't tell me that you don't wish to enter in for some reason," the man grumbled as he would nod towards the Uchiha compound, "Unless the lord of the clan has a restrict on you entering due to some crime or other valid reason then I don't think there will be any trouble."

"Why are we going to the Uchiha compound? What is there for me to be taught?" Meilin asked, slightly feeling wary as she started to walk again. Her question caused Jin to scoff and shake his head.
"A lot. A lot. As you might know, a few things about the Uchiha I doubt that you're truly familiar with the clan," was his answer.
An answer that caused Meilin's nose to wrinkle.
"I have been taught and study the Uchiha culture and clan at the Academy. It was required to learn and know the prominent clans and their culture, sir."
Her reply made Jin throw a sideways frown at Meilin, only shaking his head once more.
"Books are great sources of information. They can teach you but it is sometimes better to experience. What you have bene taught is probably right but there is much more than just the books and lesson that you received at the Academy child."

A reply was already at the ready on Meilin's tongue, wanting to discuss back at him. Wanting to state that he was wrong and that she knew enough about the Uchiha. Of their history and manners but she decided against it. Remaining silent the two Cho's would continue walking through the Uchiha compound. During the walk, Meilin cast some looks around. It was different from the Cho compound but it wasn't as she had anticipated. The same serene peace that she had found at the Cho compound didn't seem much different from the Uchiha. A certain unexplained allure seemed to linger around but also causing her to be wary.

Eventually, they reached a place where Jin took his seat on a bench as nearby there were a few stands selling their wares.
"I don't prefer speaking in the commonly spoken tongue. It is too... different from Chonobi," Jin told Meilin as he nodded towards a stand that was selling dangoes while picking out his wallet, "Mind getting us some?"
Meilin threw a look at the stand. Taking the money that Jin held up Meilin would walk towards the stand. Wiping aside a few strands of hair the teen waited as the stand owner was helping another person. The man seemed to be acquainted with the woman as they were just discussing of some 'Utaka' and how he was preparing already for the Initiation. Judging by the pride on how the woman talked to the owner of the stand Meilin estimated that this Utaka was presumably a friend or relative of her.
The owner of the stand noticed that Meilin had been waiting and would round up his conversation with the woman and tell her that she should wish 'Utaka' the best with the Initiation.
"How can I help you?"

Meilin ordered some dangoes and turned half around, throwing a look at the surrounding. Causing the man to speak up.
"Not from around here, are you?"
His friendly tone barely masked the curiosity in his voice as Meilin would turn around.
"Not really, no. Am sort of new, so to say."
Her answer caused the man to flash a warm smile as he would continue preparing her order.
"That's okay. I have been born and raised here. It is a pretty good place. Where are you from?"
Meilin wavered for a second as she wasn't really interested in a conversation with the man.
"Keishi, sir," Meilin would answer.
"Ah, that is quite some distance. Never went there but hear some interesting things about it. Have you been much to this compound, miss?"
"No, sir, this is my first time. Just walking around with my," Meilin paused for a split second as she had no idea what she should consider Jin. She couldn't just call him an old man or pest cause she doubted that would end the conversation. Reluctantly she would admit defeat in silence.
"My mentor. He is showing me a bit around the place."
"Then your mentor has some good taste. Here, it is ready. Enjoy yourselves and feel welcome to come again. You will find no better dangoes in this city than at my stand, miss. Promised."
Thanking the man Meilin would turn on her heels and walk back to the bench where Jin was.

"Ah. These are grand, promised," he said with accepting the share of dangoes she gave him.
"Funny, that is what the man promised as well. Now for real," she said as she would sit down next to him, "What kind of lesson do I get from eating dangoes in the Uchiha compound? And are you the real Jin or what?"

"If you won't mind child I am quite hungry. While I am full of answers, can't say the same about my stomach."

The Aftermath of a Riot
Kona Omari
Ame Genin of what team? (19)

Kona sat on the floor of the kitchen in her home, silently contemplating the ruined splinters of the house that her step parents had left to her. The rioting that had occurred was not something that she had expected to touch her house, unfortunately it most certainly had. The rioters had broken into her home during the riot and made certain nothing was left in one piece. Dishes, furniture, heirlooms, pictures, if it was capable of being broken, they had broken it.

I suppose it could be worse..... they could have burned it to the ground after all.

The feeling that pervaded Kona at the sight had initially been despair. She couldn't afford to replace all of the furniture within her home. She doubted she would have the money any time soon either. Besides that, the entire house and everything in it had been left to her by her step parents. What the rioters had destroyed hadn't been just parts of a home, they had been the final gifts she had received from her deceased step parents, memories she could never recover.

Now however, as she sat down and looked at all that had been destroyed, she just felt helpless. Kona was just trying to get by, trying to succeed on her own when she had no one around to help her. But when something like this came by and trampled her, what was she supposed to do? Who was she supposed to turn to for help? Her teammates? The new girl had run away at the first sign of battle, not someone she wanted to deal with, not to mention a stranger. Sho? She didn't know him enough to ask him for help. Her sensei? He thought of her more as a murderer who needs to be watched carefully then a student. Not to mention he was the Jounin Commander now. Besides that, she couldn't count on them to help her anyway, they barely knew her. Her neighbors? She had tried to turn to them for help, but she had found only cold shoulders. Her family? She had none.

The cold, hard, difficult reality was that she was on her own.

Kona continued to stare at the broken dishes that littered the floor, thinking, trying to decide what the best course of action would be. She could report it to the authorities of the city of course, but what would that do to help her? There were likely hundreds of cases similar to hers all over the city, it'd be a waste of time. Better instead to steer clear of that potential mess. Of course, she couldn't just stare at the fragments of her wrecked home forever. She had to get up and do something.

With a sigh, Kona stood and walked over to the corner of her kitchen, and picked up the broom that lay leaning against the corner. Then she began to sweep up the mess of her kitchen, moving shards of wood, glass, and pottery into a pile in the middle of the floor.
She quietly went about her task, not really caring about the passage of time. Eventually, the long day would come to an end.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oetje
[fieldbox="When We're Together, Orange"]
Yamada Suzu "Rabbit" | Sworn Sword | Konohagakure, The Thirsty Donkey
A collab between @Aliceee and @FrostedCaramel, Suzu and "Lee" meet at a local Inn to discuss the outcome of her trip to the Grass Province and her next assignment.
In the morning there wasn't much activity in the streets near the meeting place. Not very surprising as probably only a few would feel the need to have a pint at an inn. The few patrons that were present were for either some breakfast or having dubbed the Thirsty Donkey as a meeting spot. Behind the counter was a large man, cleaning a glass as his stern gaze moved over the interior. The Thirsty Donkey wasn't much of a large or particularly well known inn in the city, but those who knew of it appreciated it for the services it offered. It was one of the few spots that had a 'pit' in which at nights people gathered to place bets or even themselves participate in the fist fighting. An activity that wasn't entirely legal, but neither really being punished as long as nothing too bad happened. Which surprisingly rarely ever happened, other than a broken nose or arm.

A man entered the inn, his right thumb hooked behind his belt. A quick look made it evident that he wasn't here for some breakfast, but clearly in search of somebody. Taking a place at a table, the newcomer ordered some water and bread. Scratching his chin, another glance was made by the newcomer. In particular at the door.

Suzu stopped outside of the Thirsty Donkey, taking a moment to pull a lollipop from her pocket. As she did so she made sure for about the fiftieth time that no one had followed her, and just as the other fourty nine time she had checked, no one had followed her. 'Not as if anyone would even suspect me of anything the way things stand...'she thought as she turned back to the inn.

Taking her hand from the lollipop in her mouth, she pushed the door open. On the other side she found a rather dimly lit common area for eating and drinking, brought together by a bar lining one side of the room. The bartender shot a look in her direction that clearly laid out the rules of the inn known as the Thirsty Donkey without having to say a word. Suzu forced herself to give the large man a short smile before she let go of the door and let it close behind her. With the early morning light gone it became immensely easier to find who she was looking for. He was just a few tables from the door, about equidistant from the back exit and the front, and about as close to the stairs as you could get without being under them. 'Exactly where I'd have sat.' she thought as she made her way over to him.

Taking a seat at the table, she waved toward the bartender pointing to one of his patrons at the bars glass and signaled for one as well. He quietly nodded his acknowledgement from across the room and Suzu turned toward her companion for breakfast, "Long time no see Lee, everything holding up well I imagine?" she asked, badly feigning curiosity as she twirled the lollipop between her lips.

Joined by Suzu the man would lean a bit forward. "So far yes, so far," was the short answer of Lee. Eyeing Suzu quickly the man frowned for a moment, but wouldn't speak what he had on his mind. Instead, he would turn his head as the bread and drinks were delivered. Picking up a piece of bread Lee broke a piece off. "I hope that you're doing okay? Imagine that with the cold and weather that travelling to meet your relatives wasn't a really... enjoyable journey. Perhaps heard of anything exciting on your travel?" Taking the broken piece of the bread into his mouth, the frown on the man's brow would vanish.

Grabbing the drink placed in front of her, Suzu let her lollipop fall into the glass before taking a drink. The burn of the liquor was soothing as she drank it, the earthy flavor of what she decided was likely some mediocre alcohol made in a surrounding village brought the sweet taste of the lollipop from earlier to a stark contrast. She put the galss down as she leaned forward a bit listening to Lee talk, "Well... I guess you could say that, although I'm not sure interesting would be the best word---" she pulled the lollipop from the glass of alcohol and placed it back in her mouth, "--tragic would be more like it. A distant uncle of mine had some sort of an allergic reaction to the shellfish at our get together." she took a moment to grab a piece of bread, chewing on it for a bit before swallowing.

She lifted a hand up nonchalantly, "He didn't make it to the hospital from what I heard... But I didn't really know him too well so it's just a bit odd if anything.". She leaned a bit back again, allowing the back of the chair to fully embrace her as she relaxed into the wood softened by use, "I think another man may have passed as well, also some sort of allergic reaction at the same party. But I only heard about that in passing a few days after the original death." she took the lollipop from her mouth again, holding it in her hand as she lifted the glass up, "Shocking all this is, puts into perspective how fragile life really is huh." she said before finishing off the glass.

For a moment Lee glimpsed at the drink, clearly not entertained with the choice of the woman, but he didn't voice any opposition nor his view. Taking a sip from his water he would listen to what she told him about the events of the gathering she had gone to. For a second his eyes moved his gaze to check if there wasn't anybody nearby, so far he could subtly spot, wasn't eavesdropping on them.
"Ah, you have my condolences never the less," Lee said, nodding once, "Just shows how fickle life can be, sadly enough, yes."

After agreeing the man took another sip of his drink, pondering visibly on something. "Suppose you won't be interesting in running an errand for me? It is a bit far off, to the west. Nothing too challenging, really." Without pausing for her answer Lee continued on in a rather relaxed tone. "There is a fresh load of shipment that I am expecting from the capital of the River province. Should be around fifty units, each of good quality. Need somebody to be convinced that the wares come here. Unspoilt and as fast as possible," although the man continued on in a casual phrasing and tone, his eyes shot a strict look at Suzu.

For a moment Suzu understood that Lee was not particularly approving of her choice of early morning drink, but shooed the realization away as she lifted the glass and downed its remaining contents. The last of the liquor disposed of, Suzu felt her lips curl as the after taste reared its ugly face. With a small shake of her body the feeling dissipated and she honed back in on Lee's words.

With a small smile creeping across her lips she answered his question, "Fifty units. Well, I'll still be alone then I assume... Or should I expect some more, sub-par help?" she asked remembering the oddball that had helped her through the Grass province capital. She leaned back in her chair and grabbed another piece of bread, chewing it slowly as she thought about what the mission would really consist of, "How long do you think it'll take, I need to know if I should pack light or not... A woman needs her clothes to look good you know Lee? The longer I'm there the more I'll need." she asked tentatively before popping the lollipop back in her mouth.

"Sadly, you will be alone. Can't really inquire others to help you out on this one. Already have some of the others work on a shipment from the south, which is a tad bigger," Lee replied. He would pick up another piece of bread and shrug casually. "Don't know how long it will take. Considering the circumstances around the wares and that I rather have them staying whole it might take up to a week or two to travel back."
Taking the piece up to his lips Lee chewed on a bite as his right hand would take a sip of his water again.

"With winter approaching, you might best get geared a bit warmer. You're going towards the capital of the River province. Can have a horse arranged within a day, together with some rations. In a good pace, you'll be in the provincial capital in a week, but I will give you two weeks. Just remember that the sooner you're back, the better. Other than that, the one who is handling the transfer might be a bit... difficult. If he has any complaints or desires then he should write me. No need to waste your time to listen to the complaints of a grumpy old fool, got that?" Lee further explained after clearing his mouth. He seemed to be uneasy for a second, leaning a bit forward and thus closer to Suzu. His tone grew softer, but there was a clear undertone that would warrant Suzu that the man wasn't joking.

"I want them all unspoiled. If there is any hazard on the way, then get around or rid of it. Can't really say I have any patience seeing I need those wares. It is important."

Nodding along as Lee laid out a few more details, Suzu would grab another piece of the bread as he spoke. Chewing it quickly she made a small list in her mind of items she would need to bring along as he confirmed her need to pack heavier, and even offered a horse for the trip, 'That will be useful.'she thought as she remembered the long walk to the Grass province. "I'll take the horse for sure, and I'll pack a bit heavier." she said as Lee continued talking, she paused as he leaned in again.

Feeling her heart beat rise as he told her to handle any hazards she encountered on the way back she knew it wasn't what most people would feel at the prospect of having to deal with any hazards, but she couldn't help but think she was being afforded a chance to feel fulfilled again. "I'll be sure to handle anything that gets in the way Lee. You know you don't have to tell me something as simple as that." she said as she pulled the finished lollipop from her mouth and wrapped it in a napkin.

"So where do I meet the horse?" she asked as she readied to leave the Inn.

"I know, but remember," the man's tone became somewhat stricter as he continued, "Only hazards. Time is of the essence, so any trouble that can be avoided should be avoided." It was clear that the man was becoming worried that the woman would now just try to clear any 'hazard' on her way, but he didn't state any rule or word about it again.
Noticing that she was already ready to leave Lee replied back on her question. "The horse will be at the Merchant District, at the Flying Hoobes stable. The name on which the mount is readied should be Fumiko, paid by my name. If everything is correct and arranged, you will be given the horse without any questions."

Everything seemed to be nicely arranged for her, 'Good, I won't have to wait too long then.' she thought as Lee told her the horse would be paid for ahead of time and, barring any setbacks, she could be on the road to the River province just minutes after picking up the horse.

She grabbed a lollipop from her pocket and tossed it to Lee, "Seems like I'm getting everything handed to me for this trip. I'll leave first light tomorrow if that can be arranged." she said before pulling a lollipop for herself from her pocket and placing it in her mouth. "In the meantime I'll go and make sure I'm packed for the weather. Enjoy your day Lee." she called out, talking around the lollipop in her mouth as she backed away from the table. Once she was a few steps away she gave him a wave and spun on her heels for the door.
[/fieldbox]

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Gerontis
[fieldbox=Where can we get more?, wheat]

Arriving at the feast,
Konohagakure - Royal Palace.

A collab made between Sketching and Gerontis.

Summary :
Koike and Katsu meet together to then head towards the feast at the Royal Palace. They discuss about what they are hoping to do at the feast and some small chit chat.

[spoili]
He had taken his time heading towards Katsu's house. Not entirely certain how long he had taken over it the young man was sure that they would still be on time. Then again, he had heard about that it was starting to become a kind of fashion to be just a bit too late but not too late. Something that he didn't really understand, cause who wanted to arrive late at a fun event? Deciding to not really spend too much thinking on it Koike would walk into the Cho compound, straight towards the place of Katsu. Wondering how his friend was going to the feast Koike had opted for something simple, but had considered to go in his guardian flak jacket. It was, after all, going to be in the name of the unit and the last couple of days he had grown prouder of how the unit was assembling together. But there were going to be more guests, he wagered, which had witheld him from the choice he prefered. Arriving at the door Koike would knock several times. Hopefully, he wasn't really too late.

Accompanying the knocks, some rash footsteps could be heard moving closer. The door swung open right as the last knock hit it. Behind was Katsu dressed in a jacket over a vest with the red scarf tucked in such a way that the white shirt couldn't be seen. He flashed his friend a smile before turning around and walking backwards outside. He leaned his head back inside the house as he slowly closed the door. "See you later Tanpo!" He turned back to Koike and shut the door. "Ready to go?"

"I guess so, aye," Koike answered. He eyed Katsu and now regretted that he hadn't brought his red scarf with him. It seemed to work fine with Katsu's outfit. "Ah, I hope that there will be some food present. Honestly," Koike threw a look sideways at his friend, a grin shown on his face, "I haven't eaten since noon. Considering this is going to be the last party we will enjoy before heading out, I intend to stuff myself full. What about you?"

"I'm gonna pig out! All I ate today was a big breakfast, so I'm looking forward to clearing my plate clean," Katsu said with a childish grin. After a moment, the grin faded into a light, solemn smile. "I'm gonna miss home, y'know. Not because of the party or anything, but... just the... er... I don't know how to say--normality I suppose."

"Hahaha, knew I could count on you," Koike laughed out loud as he patted Katsu's shoulder. His own grin also vanished upon hearing Katsu's second comment. He thought about it and nodded. "Aye, so will I. But it is going to be just fine. We will go to the east. Show our faces, march around, impress some people and keep order. Then before you know it we will back home in time to enjoy the start of Spring. Perhaps," he nudged Katsu, "We will come back and be hailed as heroes. Some 'people' like heroes, you know? Such as that girl that we saw last time."

"I don't know... We're marching into the unknown. It's kind of unsettling," Katsu said quietly. "Bah! What's your obsession with women? It's unhealthy!"

"To be honest, when didn't we? We have done nothing but marching and heading into the unknown. And we survived quite some bad scenarios. If the east will bring us down, then it better be something good, eh?" He said, trying to sound quite optimistic in order to brighten his friend. Understanding that it would take more than just comforting words Koike wasn't sure what else he could provide. Certainly not when he felt a bit of fear as well. "My obession? Beg my pardon, but I wasn't being eye-oggled by somebody else."

"Uhhhh-Yeah, you were! You were the one who noticed her in the first place," Katsu objected vehemently. He let out a sigh and shrugged. "The day I thought would never come is almost here and we're celebrating it," he mumbled. He straightened his back and looked forward, flustered. "It'd better be a damn good celebration!"

"That is cause I actually look around," Koike replied casually back. "Oggle-eyedly." Koike hooked his thumbs behind his belt and snickered as he wouldn't react to what his friend just mentioned. "Don't expect too much. It is a formal feast. For all we know we will be surrounded by nobles and clan representatives. Though I hope that we can spend some time with Kiyomi." Becoming silent for a second he remembered something. "You know, it is odd. Remember the first time that we went to the royal palace? When I was actually doing all the hard work while you were just partying with the high class?"

"Psh! I'd hardly call being in the company of Yukara and waiting for you to come back partying with the high class!" Katsu shuddered as he remembered that day. "Plus, who wants to mingle with some rich fatasses? Well... at least most of them were."

"Ah yes, Yukara. Didn't you two use to be kind of... having a click?" Koike thought out loud, but shrugged the thought off. "Well, that depends on what kind of nobility you mingle with. I know... well, not important," he said as a dismissive gesture followed. "But I am hoping that there will be enough food. And, of course, the good kind. Am not interested in small bites or snacks, you know? Though suppose that it would be proper if we don't drink too much. We have to save some face, after all."

"Ugh! No! You-- AAAGH!" Katsu drove his hands through his hair frustratedly. "Pshh... Whatever." He crossed his arms, grumbling. "It's a feast, isn't it? There's definitely gonna be lots of food... If not... Uh... We could spend some time there and then get something to eat afterwards. Also, drinking's hardly my problem!"

"Hehehe," Koike chuckled as Katsu became frustrated for a moment. Hearing the suggestion of his friend Koike considered it for a second. "Yeah, that's true. Just what kind of food. I am not in the mood to eat the type of food of what I like to eat myself," briefly the young man frowned upon the thought of such possibility becoming reality. "And come on. One won't hurt. It is thrown in our name, basically. Know what? If you try one drink then I will.. hmmm, suggest something."

"I just hope there's lots of meat..." Katsu said, feeling his mouth get watery. "Huh?" He turned to his friend, curious. "What do you mean 'suggest something'?"

Nodding in agreement regarding the meat Koike threw an amused look in Katsu's direction. "Just as I said so. I suggested you trying a drink. Now if you can think of something to suggest back then by all means," the grin returned on Koike's features. It was still a bit of a walk towards the Royal Palace, but judging by the darkening sky there weren't many clouds present. Perhaps they could even take a drink outside with some people, watching a obisidian coloured sky lit by the stars?

"Hm... I'm just gonna have to think about it," Katsu said pensively. He cupped his chin and lowered his head, thinking. As songs were finally being heard, Katsu's head rose again, seeing they were but a few dozens of meters away from the gate to the palace's perimeter. "Ah, we're here!"

Spotting the guards at the gate Koike noticed some musicians being allowed to enter. "And seems we're not too late," he stated as well thinking back to what had occupied his mind before - about coming late in a manner that was considered in line with current fashion. "Now where is my..." Koike grumbled softly as he would search briefly for the invitation. Wiping it out he briefly inspected it, only to grumble content that it hadn't been damaged with being folded into his pocket. "You know," he started as their invitations were checked by the Sworn Swords present, "I wonder who are all already present. Then again, if we are one of the first then that means we can already start to dig in." As they were being checked if they weren't wearing any weapons, the two were being allowed to pass through.

"I guess we'll see, won't we?" Katsu said with a smile as he looked around curiously. After a few minutes of wandering, they arrived at the site of the feast.

Entering the spacious hall Koike threw a look around. There were already quite some people around but nobody that he could just recognise from a first look. His right eyebrow perked up slightly as he would shift his attention to try to catch on where the food would be. Spotting a servant with a tray Koike patted Katsu on the shoulder before picking up a quick and brief pace. Picking up what seemed to be a small treat Koike would take the entire treat in his mouth. "Ah, not bad," he mumbled after clearing his mouth. "Now where can we get more?"
[/spoili][/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Gavin Otonari, plum"]
Kumogakuri ANBU | In Ranzaki

It was easy to slip in the role of guard since honestly it wasn't that much different from the role he normally had as an ANBU opperative. He had guarded the Raikage on multiple occassions and had also spend time with other high ranked opperative. Once you knew how to stand guard it was easy to repeat over and over again. Most people just wanted guards that shut up and stood behind them without listening. You were not supposed to remember what was being said to the person you were guarding in case it was sensetive information that should not be heard by anyone than the receiver.

Gavin was fine with standing and pretending not the listening while at the same time soaking up all the information he could. He would work regular hours and would spend an excess amount of time with other guards in either the break room or outside of work. All the while he made sure to drink copious amounts of tea with honey. Not that he particulary enjoyed the beverage, but he had to keep up the fake voice and honestly it was starting to severly hurt his throat. During the day he was mostly fine because as a guard he was not supposed to talk much, but during break he would chat amiably in the voice of the recently deceased Hiyuri Takeda. Sure, the technique he used to copy voices was neat and he had practiced with it extensively, but to keep it up long was a recipe for disaster. So tea with honey it was. Everything to keep his throat oiled and healthy.

The group of guards that he was suddenly friends with weren't a very easy going bunch. Or maybe they had been, but now a blanket of unease rested on their shoulders. When he tried to figure out why it seemed that most were troubled by the fact that there had been new guards appointed recently.

"Afraid to lose your job?" Gavin had once jokingly asked, but they had all shaken their heads. They were pretty sure that their jobs were secure. It was just that these guards were different. Not from around here. And Gavin had to give it to them, he had seen some of these guards and had even gone out of his way to follow one of them at some point. They were different. The way they moved about the place just indicated that they weren't from around here.

"I saw one of them pray once," one of Hiyuri's friends confided in him during one of their lunch breaks. They were sitting at one of the long tables in the barracks that was build nearby. Bowls of rice in front of them alongside some well earned cod. "Or at least it looked like he was, but he was mumbling about this Maker."

Gavin frowned. "Maker?"

The friend shrugged. "That's what I heard."

"I heard someone else talking about this too." Another guy sitting next to them chimed in. "He said they pray to some foreign deity or something."

"What's up with that..."

"No clue, they are just a bunch of weirdoes if you ask me. Having some fake mystery person to pray to. Always moving together. They don't even really talk to us even though we were here first, clearly." The man seemed seriously offended. "First the whole issue with the Mr. Ranzaki and his son and now these weird guys. Something is afoot, I tell you."

"Still can't believe that Mr Keitaro would do such a thing..." Gavin mumbled as brought the bowl of rice closer to his mouth, his eyes hovering over the white grains as he looked to his 'friends'.

The first one shrugged. The second one kept quiet.

"People change," the first one said, poking at his food. He shot a look to the second guy.

"I don't know... I still find it extremely strange. Why would Mr Keitaro do something like that?"

"Are you going to bring up the Country of Earth theory again?" Gavin said amused even though he wished the man would continue talking.

The man looked annoyed. "All I was saying with that was that it could have been someone else."

Gavin looked unimpressed. "Like who?"

"I don't know! Just someone else who hated the old man. There are plenty of people like that I am sure."

Gavin let it slide, but didn't forget. He had heard it before in various corners. People weren't so sure it was Keitaro who had killed his father. Some said it was out of character. Some were just paranoia about an attack. But there was doubt and Gavin had learned that doubt was usually an interesting indicator to follow. That alongside the fact that messengers had been leaving the building at a much more frequent rate than before.

As Gavin walked home that day he realized that at some point the cover of guard wouldn't be enough. He would have to go back there and actually do some digging. And get that information to the Raikage. All of it even the rumors. The man had to be informed somehow about his opperatives in Ranzaki. But before he send it he should probably figure out of his fellow opperative had figured something out. Comparing notes was never a bad thing.

[/fieldbox]

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Gerontis
[fieldbox="Corpse hunting, royalblue, solid"]
Aya Oda
Kirigakure Genin of Team 14

That was sensei for you, as soon as everyone arrived she got right to the point, starting out with stating they had a new team member and that Nami was just an aid for that one mission. She then would proceed to tell them what they would be doing today, which Aya was well aware of as she was told to be ready for this mission. Any dead bodies we bring back ourselves huh? Aya would mentally smile at this, as she would finish listening to her sensei on where they would be going and to be ready for anything, only they could watch each others backs for this mission. With the important information handed out, they would head out themselves. Leaving the walls of Kirigakure behind.

Sensei would proceed to give them a couple of breaks along the way, which was nice but one was all that was really needed. Yet it was still a kind gesture even if she did it, because she thought they would need more breaks for their inexperience. She spent the first break doing some simple sword swings a bit away from the group, so she didn't accidentally slice an arm off. Then the second break was where she actually took a break. After the second break was done and over with, they would continue on once again where after several minutes houses would start to become more frequent to them.

Eventually they would enter a small hamlet where they would meet up with a man in his thirties, he would proceed to explain some events that have transpired as of late. It almost sounded like a prank the way he explained it. They only showed up during the evening when the night sky made it hard to see them, or when heavy fog set in which also made it hard to see them. Yet the way he acted made it seem legit, that or he was a great actor. Almost begging them to get rid of these walking corpses. That is when sensei gave orders her and the new guy would head out to the forest and some sites, while Shin and Aya would head around the village, attempting to get info from the villagers. Just to be tame about it as it was a uncomfortable subject, so if they got punched it was their own fault really. Then followed up with stating she would hang them upside down from a tree to teach them to be cautious in their approach.

With that said Shin and her would move away a bit, where Shin would ask her the question that got them in trouble in the first place. She would sigh as she looked at him. "Yes freezy I swear I did. If it's connected I don't know that's what we are trying to find out right now. So lets start asking people. You ask the first one I'll ask the second and we will keep switching off until we got a good general idea." She asked as she awaited him to approach the first person.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Looming woods - Part 1, green"]
A collab between Lilly, Alice, Nim, Oetje and Roran Hawkins
Blackroot woods

Team 7 ventures into the Cursed Woods to find the elusive Blackroot clan and deliver a scroll containing important information. They quickly discover this is not as easy as it sounds.
After a few days' travel immediately West of Konoha they finally reached the looming edge of the 'Cursed Wood'. It was so densely packed with trees only little light made it towards the forest floor, making the forest look very dark. The place looked like a forest where your bad dreams came from, and despite years of grim experience Kensuke felt uninclined to head inside. The forest continued over rolling hills in the distance and from their vantage point high up in a tree none of them could see even a single clearing.

"Alright. There's the forest. Let's go over the rules one more time." He said, turning towards Team 7 minus Hideki, who was on a mission with Kiyomi's guard. "We are to deliver this scroll to the capital of the Blackroot branch of the Sarutobi clan. Named Blackroot." He said, pointing to the scroll he was carrying in the scroll pouch on his chest. "They're very secluded folks and aren't too eager to receive visitors. Like their forest. They mostly speak Chonobi and they'll be watching us closely while we're there, so be on your toes. If they find our help, Konoha's help, undesirable, they have every right to send us back." He continued, looking in the eyes of every member of his team.

"We don't want that." He added, looking at Meilin in particular. "That's because they're fighting the same religious zealots we encountered in Keishi. They have been trafficking their victims through these woods and have been fighting the Blackroot eversince. We'll help them do that and crush this local cell." He finished.

"Any questions?"

Remaining silent, the face of Meilin was pale. While no word of protest had left her lips, she was aware of the rumours and tales that she had been growing up with regarding the Blackroot Vale. Her left hand rested on her hip, while her right hand was gripping the handle of her sword. There was no way that she would agree to even come this close to the dark woods and home of the Blackroots if there wasn't a slim chance that she could make those bastards pay and get her family back.
In a normal situation, Meilin would've scoffed at Kensuke or made it clear that he was the one who should likely be on his toes when it would come to interacting with Sarutobi, regardless of what origin they were, as she was certain that he couldn't even speak a single sentence of Chonobi. Now, however, she was more distracted with keeping her gaze focused on the woods. The teen wouldn't find it strange at all if some large, dangerous beast would snatch at them the moment they would take another step towards the woods.

Listening to Kensuke's briefing, Meilin just remained silent. She decided that it would be in her own best interest to be focused on her own. Being send back was the least of their worries in her opinion as there were enough horrible tales about the woods, but she doubted that the others would take her warning or advice serious at the current moment.

Karma kept quiet, only listening to what Kensuke had said the entire way there. Upon hearing his most recent briefing, she wondered why would he even decide she is needed here, She did not know Chonobi, nor did she know anything about the Blackroot branch of the Sarutobi clan. All she did was nod slightly as an indication of understanding his words.

The red headed genin didn't say anything as the team was brought up to speed on their mission. Sen had heard some interesting stories regarding the forest they were to enter, and as frightening as those stories were there was no point in trying to get out of it. This was their mission, and her first mission. Sen was determined to do well on this mission and help however she could.

Kensuke gave the members of Team 7 a final glance before he nodded and turned towards the dark woods. Somehow they looked even less welcoming than a minute ago. He shrugged mentally and reached for a rudimentary map that was given to him upon the start of this mission. It vaguely described a path leading towards the Blackroot hidden village.

"Let's go then."

Traversing the dark forest was everything he'd expected it'd be and more. It was disconcerting to say the least. While the wind was clearly audible as it made the dense crown of leaves above them move and rustle in an infinite rythm it barely reached under the foliage. What little light made it through the same roof of leaves was constantly moving and flickering because of that same wind, making it seem as if every little dark corner hid a lurking creature poised for attack. The lack of sunlight also meant it was surprisingly cold inside the forest. It made you more conscious of your own warm sweat. Sounds were also strangely muffled by the overgrowth. They didn't reach very far and sounded distorted. Sounds that small, innocent animals made suddenly took on the proportions of that of unknown lurking dangers. Kensuke's body told him everything about this forest said he wasn't welcome here, that there was a predator nearby. That the forest itself was a predator.

Then he smiled. He was a predator too. His trust in his ability to kill that was the source of his shame on other days now became his ally again. Moving with the shadows of the ever-moving pattern on the forest floor he led his team through the forest.

They were actually doing this. She wasn't sure what was worse. The fact that they were trusting on some map in the forest which had the reputation for making people who trusted on maps vanish or that they weren't even considering to get a guide. Trying to be on guard of their surrounding, Meilin narrowed her eyes. The idea of just turning around and going away was big. Not because she was scared, but her trust in how this was going already made her doubt that they would get any success.
"Know what is interesting about this woods?" Meilin spoke up while trying to stay on guard. The whole sensation that they felt while being in the woods pushed her to the edge. It was just a question of how long a person would be able to endure the atmosphere before likely turning insane or desperate. Just a matter of time before a mistake would mean their end.

Following Kensuke and Meilin, Karma merely shrugged at the question her teammate brought up. The place gave her an overall bad feeling, so she felt it would be best to keep quiet, in case anything may try and sneak up from somewhere, or if perhaps something was already lurking around, then she wanted to make sure she makes the least amount of noise possible, as to not attract anything. And that was before she thought about the fact the Blackroot branch of the Sarutobi clan may very well know the forest like the back of their hands and thus be capable of setting traps for anyone that does not follow a specific path.

She followed her team into the forest and upon entering she started to feel unsettled. The unsettling feeling only grew as they continued to go travel through and Sen's eyes darted around nervously. After a few seconds of her eyes darting around the genin decided that she needn't let the unsettling feeling distract her from following her team. It was her best guess that if she allowed herself a second to stumble and pause that she would most likely lose her team. Shaking her head, she put all her effort into keeping her eyes trained on Karma and Meilin who were following Kensuke. Every now and then her eyes darted elsewhere but she would catch herself and try to focus again. Her left hand would wander to her bow in which she would brush it against the smooth surface reassuringly.

First, upon hearing no response, Meilin wasn't sure if she was only willing to do something about the unsettling atmosphere or if they just had chosen to ignore her.
"Okay then..."
Mumbling the two words to herself, Meilin wasn't sure what to think of the silence. Sure, they had a job to be on watch but to just remain silent in the current situation was anything but relaxing. Or were they perhaps feeling more at ease with this silent tension? Or perhaps it was that they didn't wish to interact with her? Her lips slightly curled down as she tried to remember that one evening with Team 6, while continue following Kensuke. She had imagined being on a team was different. Perhaps she had raised her standards too high?

Every so often Kensuke paused and took a look at the map he was carrying on him. He had learned in hard lessons from his sensei that keeping your nose buried in a map was a one-way ticket into an ambush. Instead he looked at the map for recognisable waypoints at regular intervals with a good estimate each time of how much ground they had covered. If he would travel off-course he would realise it as soon as he'd cross the next waypoint he'd set for himself and he could adjust quickly without losing much time, while at the same time keeping up the pace and without lowering his alertness too much.

The problem of the forest was that there were hardly any easily recognisable waypoints. Usually he would climb a tall tree and orient himself from there with his igurai. He tried this multiple times and each time he was greeted with the image of endless rolling hills covered in the same dense woods. It certainly didn't help that the map he was given was very vague in its description of the terrain, as if drawn for someone who already knew the general layout of this place, just as a reminder what signs to look for to orient himself. Kensuke thought to himself it'd be nice to know where to look too.

After missing a first waypoint and deviating off course until Kensuke didn't see the next one when he felt they should have encountered it Kensuke decided to take more time to identify each waypoint more thoroughly at the cost of decreasing their speed. Significantly. As they traced back their steps towards the previous correct waypoint Kensuke stiffened very suddenly.

"I made a mistake." He said and looked around. "I wasn't looking for an inscription of a bear or a large bear-shaped trunk like the previous waypoints." He said while he reached for his blade. "The next waypoint is the bear."

As he said this each and every one of them would feel the dreadful presence of the creature imposed upon them as if by naming it. What Kensuke picked up only moments earlier as killing intent now reached all of them as a wave of fear without direction. They noticed there no more birds singing or squirrels protesting their passage. The woods were starved of sound by the bear's presence.

Kensuke smiled. "Reminds me of my very first mission." He said light-heartedly to disguise his own fear. "Defensive formation girls. Here it comes"

Upon hearing that he had made a mistake the lips of Meilin curled down even more than they already were. The way how he took it was also anything but making her happy about it. So they were lost in a forest in which they could go easily for the image of being trespassers or not sure how to leave it? Tracing their steps back wasn't, after all, an easy task due to the atmosphere of the dreadful woods and the foliage.

As the uncomfortable sensation turned into something primal, the hair on Meilin's neck would rise. Gripping the handle of her sword tighter the teen would throw a glance at their team leader. The fact he was smiling and just didn't look serious made her approval of the jounin sink, lower than it already had been at the start of this mission. Her free hand would shove into the pouch, her fingers curling around a small object. Remaining silent while she would take up a position in the formation, the teen would turn her focus on their surrounding. Though she wanted to speak up, trying to not just remain in the already dreadful silence, Meilin remembered how she had been ignored before. Clenching her teeth on each other the raven-haired teen tried to calm herself with counting slowly in her mind.

As Kensuke spoke, Karma's eyes narrowed. A waypoint being a living animal? That sounded both deadly and really effective against people who are not meant to pass it. The exact same sensation as when Kensuke used his Killing Intent came over her, but this one felt a lot more primal, making her slightly shiver as she reached to grab her Naginata that she carried on her back for this mission. She started taking deep breaths, trying to calm herself down as she did before. The last thing she needed was to let the bear get close to her.

Sen's eyes would widen considerably at what he said and then look down for a second before she would start to feel something seriously intimidating. The intensity of the primal feeling that surrounded them was enough to make her stumble as she got into the defensive position. Pulling her bow from her back and grabbing an arrow quickly as she readied her bow. Sen tried to calm her breathing as it was getting a little eratic and she waited for something to happen or not to happen.

A loud bustle of branches announced the bear's presence moments before it was actually visible. It came bowling out of the undergrowth with dreadful silence. It was at that point that Kensuke unleashed his own killing intent, hoping that predatory intimidation would dissuade the bear from seeking prey here. The bear stopped dead in its tracks and rose on its hind legs, bellowing its pride after Kensuke's challenge. A new wave of bestial intimidation rolled over Team 7, buying them some more time if they had the mental strength to push through the beast's fear.

Kensuke glanced back at his team in this moment and noticed that both Meilin and Sen had moved into a defensive position, but that Karma has frozen in place. Having learned a great deal of how animals worked the last couple of times he faced a giant beast he turned his back to the bear and dragged Karma into position.

"It'll attack in just a moment. When it does, run. With any luck he isn't interested in eating us anymore." He said and turned to face the bear as it landed back on all fours, eyeing the four intruders closely as it did.

For a moment Meilin broke formation to be certain that while Kensuke had turned his back to the bear that she would be capable of trying to move in any way of attack or charge. Once the Nimatsu had dragged Karma into position, she would move back in her position.
"Sir, not to trouble you, but," Meilin spoke up as she kept her gaze locked on the bear while remaining ready to act when the situation would go south, "Perhaps it might be wiser to use a smoke bomb to distract it and breaking the use of smell?"

At first she felt both Kensuke's killing intent, which wasn't as bad considering she was already facing one killing intent, but then the bear had apparently retaliated with more bestial killing intent. Looking at the bear, Karma couldn't help but wonder if perhaps this was abusing an animal, making it into a defender of a village and having it possibly die each time someone wishes to come here. Unless they had a way of making the bear back away, or at least stop its aggression.

As she continued to ponder about that, she suddenly felt Kensuke's hands bring her into a defensive formation. She slightly readjusted and mouthed thanks to him while keeping her eyes locked on the bear. As long as they had no way of knowing how the Sarutobi branch would bypass the bear, they had to be ready for an attack "I'm against using smoke. While it can prevent it from smelling us, the moment we step out of the smoke's area, it will be capable of detecting us in an even stronger manner due to smoke's attachment to our clothes. If anything, we should aim to distract the bear in some manner, and we have to assume it is possible, as Blackroot branch members must be capable of passing through here for different purposes and I'm doubtful they fight the bear every single time." Karma said, not looking away from the bear.

Sen soon felt her sensei's own killing intent which was almost as frightening as the bears that was now eying them quite intently. Unfornuately, Kensuke-sensei's killing intent didn't seem to do much as the bear released a new primal sense of intimidation on them which was starting to her hands shake a little. Sen sook a few deep breaths, her heart rate was beginning to go up again and she needed a steady hand in case the bear decided to attack them. "I agree with Karma," Sen said. If the members of the Blackroot Sarutobi branch could get through without being attacked then it was very possible they could too or at least that is what she hoped.

"Or, the bear decides not to track down three very dangerous rivals over hundreds of miles of forest once he's chased them away." Kensuke said while his eyes remained glued on the bear who was prowling around them, awaiting any sort of response. When that didn't come, it charged without warning.

"Disperse!" He yelled and sent a gust of air at the bear resembling a giant wingbeat before he jumped straight up to end up suspended from a tree branch. The bear, expecting to meaningful resistance, stumbled and missed a stride. It quickly regained its footing however and tried to catch something in its claws.

For a moment Meilin couldn't feel the killing intent anymore. The idea that this random bear was related to the Blackroots or the thought that it wasn't just a wild animal was so random enough that it almost made her wonder what kind of information the chuunin had learned, if any.
"Indeed, they would kill it," Meilin mumbled, feeling already mentally tired.
With Kensuke's command, Meilin would dash to the right. Her hand travelled from the handle of her blade to her earphone communicator, switching it on. Running as fast as she could, while not obstructed by any obstacles as she would apply her experience and skill, the genin felt her heart skipping beats. Hoping that the bear wouldn't give chase after her.

Hearing what Kensuke said, Karma waited. She just barely caught what Meilin mumbled before hearing Kensuke's command and making a dash to the left, going fast, and as soon as she came across a small blockade of trees, she climbed up one of them in order to continue travelling, just through the tree branches instead of on the ground.

The genin focused on the giant bear as Kensuke-Sensei attacked it before she darted diagonally to the left. She sprinted at a steady speed in the same direction hoping the bear wouldn't go after her or any of her teammates. Sen wondered how her sensei would fair in the fight against the bear and for a moment she almost felt bad about the bear getting attacked. This was after all its home.

The bear saw the group of creatures that had dared enter its domain scatter and flee like a flock of birds and gave one last satisfied roar to let them know they shouldn't return.

Once he'd created roughly a kilometer as the bird flies in distance from where they encountered the bear, Kensuke stopped and dropped to the forest floor. Now he took a moment to pay attention to the signs he saw a tree with its bark stripped off by the bear, used for sharpening its claws. The waypoint was obvious enough now.

"That should be enough distance, gather on me." He said in the earcoms and reached for a paper tag in which a flare had been stored. He wrapped it around a stone and tossed it up in the air, through the dense foliage where it combusted in a bright red flame and smoke. While the dense woods might obstruct the flare from view, the loud sizzling noise following the small explosion was enough of a hint. Or should be.

As she kept on running Meilin didn't look behind her. Running in almost a straight line there wasn't anything that rang over the communicator, but that didn't mean she would just yet stop. Slowing down to a halt the teen glanced around her. Remaining silent, there wasn't any sign she could pick up or see that she was still in danger. But there was the problem in what dispersing had caused.

She wasn't with the group.

"Well, beats dying by other means, I guess," the teen sarcastically mumbled to herself.
Then a sound attracted her attention, causing Meilin to turn to the direction. From on the ground, she wasn't able to see anything, but there was a reason why she wavered to inspect it. If she had heard it, then who else could have heard it? Considering her options, she wondered why somebody would've opted for such an option to attract attention or regroup instead of using their communicators. It wasn't like they were already kilometres apart from one another, right? A soft sigh escaped Meilin as she wasn't sure what was more uncomfortable. The group or being alone in the woods of the Blackroots.
"Without any disrespect sir, but... can you give me any directions or other signals? Am kind of lost, here." She decided to try, waiting first for a reply. Then again, she doubted somebody would if she would consider how communication had occurred before. The trouble was mostly in the fact that she wasn't sure from which direction she had came from. Making her become more anxious than before.

Also gathering a bit of distance away from the bear, she came to a halt upon hearing a sound from the distance. The sizzling sound was off, unlike anything she would expect to hear from any kind inside a dense forest like this. While she did hear Kensuke's instruction, she felt like going directly to where the sound came from would be the equivalent of going to a large fire while knowing there are enemies all around that try to possibly find you. The Blackroot branch might not be hostile entirely, but they certainly did not leave an impression of people who would just accept anyone to come in. Letting the Naginata hang from her back once more, she decided to start slowly make her way towards the noise source, not intending to arrive at it, and giving herself time to hear if Kensuke would reply to Meilin or if Sen may say anything. As she begun walking, she also concentrated on surpressing her chakra, so that if the Blackroot faction members were using any sensors, then she would have a slightly better chance of not being found quickly, though something told her that would barely matter for people who know the forest well.

She guessed that she had put enough distance between them as she came to a stop and gave herself a moment. She heard Kensuke-Sensei over the earcom and was about to ask where he was when she heard a sizzling sound. "Aha," Sen said to herself. She started jogging in the direction that she had heard the sizzling and waited to see if Kensuke-Sensei replied to Meilin or if Karma would offer some help to their teammate. Sen waited another a second before she said into the earcome "Hmm, I'm sure everyone would like some directions in this forest. Hang in there."

It occured to him that spreading out might've been an effective way to defuse the situation but that it also exploded the pathfinding problem into new proportions entirely. Then again, they were shinobi. "Climb the trees and look over the sea of leaves. You should be able to find my position easily enough." He said through the intercom system, wondering why the other members of the team'd decided to stay on ground level.

"Or you just wait."

The voice would come to the right of Kensuke, speaking with a certain accent. Softly the jounin would hear a few sounds. As if the wood had spring them out of the thin air, there were a few cloaked and hooded men. Various of them wielding a bow, with the arrow nocked and at the ready. Their faces were masked and much like their garb coloured in the 'theme' of the surrounding. One of the men spoke up, nodding towards Kensuke, but the man who had spoken first shook his head as he would answer back in Chonobi. "Please, refrain from making sudden movements." Even though the tone seemed polite, there was a certain sliver of threatening undertone to the voice of the man. His right hand was leaning on the hilt of a short sword, sheathed for now in its scabbard.

This wouldn't just happen alone to the Nimatsu jounin. Just as Karma surpressed her chakra, she would feel something sharp in her back with voice sneering something in Chonobi before various figures would really become visible. The same would happen to Meilin as Sen would also be halted in a similiar fashion.

The tall man turned around casually, hands still in his pockets and faced the masked men. He raised both eyebrows and nodded at them. That was genuinely impressive. He'd been caught unaware by not just one or two, but an entire squad of them. That hadn't happened since ... well, a long time. He shrugged and leaned against the tree he'd been standing next to, chakra-coated hands still in his pockets.

"So you're the Blackroot. Not bad."

Coming instantly to a halt, Meilin raised her hands up. Understanding what was being said, she remained silent for a moment. Noticing that the forest seemed to move, the eyes of the teen recognised slowly but surely the camouflaged men. While she had been aware of the reputation, this was something she hadn't expected. How long had they been tailing her?
Speaking back in the same language, there was a subtle difference in stance from what she could spot from the masked and cloaked Blackroots. Requesting to allow to use her communicator, she would slowly lower her hand to activate it for speech once more as soon as permission was given.
"Sir, change of plans. The Blackroots have found me. Best if we regroup at your location, no?" The teen asked. There was a brief temptation to see if they understood what she just said, but even as the men around her had lowered their weapons she wasn't keen on testing their patience.

Feeling the sharp object against her back as she surpressed her chakra, Karma wanted to curse but kept quiet. Soon after a couple of men became visible in front of her, and she could only assume there were at least a few others behind her, but she didn't dare to check how many, nor did she stop surpressing her chakra. Something told her that right now doing so might be dangerous in case they had a sensor among them, who could instantly warn them. Hearing Meilin's voice in the earcom, Karma did not react. She would most likely never learn Chonobi, and something told her these men were not about to start talking in the language convenient for her, so she stayed still, waiting to see what will the men instruct her to do through their gestures and reactions.

The unsettling feeeling of something quite sharp being pushed into her back suddenly had her quite unsettled. Sen really didn't feel like turning around to see what or who was pushing something sharp into her back instead she stopped and allowed herself to be caught by the people she assumed were the Blackroot. She had learned that they shared the Chonobi language with the Cho but her common sense told her not to try to engage in conversation with them.

The 'speaker' of the group didn't react to Kensuke's statement or compliment. One of the men mumbled something as two others chuckled, but nobody would speak further up nor make a move. On hearing a certain bird sound the speaker turned his head to throw a look over his shoulder. Saying something in the same language as before, two of the men seemed to blend in with the woods as no sound was detected as they would leave out of sight. "You are lucky." The man stated, throwing a glance at Kensuke, but not giving much more detail for his cryptic comment. With the others being brought to the location the speaker seemed to eye the team of Kensuke, before speaking up again. "Is this everybody?" He asked, though the certain sound of before could be heard, causing the speaker to throw another look in the direction of the sound.

He heard Meilin's question but could not reply. He had the distinct feeling that even reaching up to activate his microphone for a response would earn him a few shafts up his guts. So he waited. Eventually the rest of his team was brought to him by more of the illustrious cloaked men. When their would-be leader finally said something in the common language he understood he nodded.

"Correct." He said, and pushed himself up and a step closer towards the leader, hands still in his pockets. "I assume by the size of the welcoming party and by howlong you've followed us that you know why we're here." He suggested, and looked around. "We should get moving."

Being brought to the group Meilin hoped that nobody would piss these guys off. There was no telling how many of them were around, but judging on how had caught her off guard made her wonder how they had surprised the likes of the most experienced members of the squad. There was the curiosity to spark a conversation with them. How often did one have the chance to talk to a Blackroot? Though she doubted that they were interested in exchanging pleasantries with her. A certain cool and serious attitude were held up.
Being brought to the others, she was partly relieved to see nobody was wounded or bonded. Or anything that made it clear that they had done something for the Blackroots to restrict their movements or actions.
As a man spoke up, asking Kensuke if they were all present, Meilin took the time to cautiously eyed them.
Meilin glanced sideways at her squad leader, hoping silently that the man would understand these men weren't keen on dealing with outsiders. Thus she lightly cringed as Kensuke made a suggestion to get moving, while there was something clearly happening.
"Sir, with all respect," Meilin whispered, "Might I suggest to be extra... careful?"

Soon enough she was lead back to the rest of the group, where she saw Meilin and Sen also being brought, Kensuke standing there but no one was visibly threatening him, though she assumed the Blackroot members still had a member or two hidden around just in case. Hearing what Kensuke said made Karma want to slap him for acting like himself at a time like this, and afterwards also distant herself when she heard him say they need to get moving, while still having several Blackroot members around them, and she highly doubted they would just about to let them go. When she heard Meilin's suggestion to their team leader, she nodded twice in agreement. Caution was most likely the best course of action currently.

The red headed genin was eventually led to her teammates with a very uncomfortable escort. Sen didn't as much as smile or lift a hand in greeting to her teammates in this situation. Picking up what Meilin said about being careful and finding that she quite agreed. While both Sen and the other Cho could understand the language she still found it best to not engage in pointless conversation with people who caught them despite being sent here to help them.

"Yes," was the sole word given as answer to Kensuke's question and comment, though he didn't make clear to what. One of the men spoke up, in a hushed voice, to which some others chuckled and one even briefly unleashed a laugh. In a protective formation the men would start to guide the team of Kensuke deeper into the woods. Slowly, but surely, however, the majority seemed to blend away with the surrounding. The only few who seemed to remain to be visible was the spokesman as a few others. Now and then, a member of the team would be able to see a shadow moving at their side or a pair of eyes looking around. There were the sounds of the woods, but no visible animal that they could detect.

Then silence seemed to dawn upon them as the spokesman raised his right fist up. Coming to a halt for a moment, the man spoke up in an irritated fashion. One of the other men would speak up. As the spokesmen sneered something, there was a brief pause before the group would start to get moving again. It was a long walk before there was a visible difference becoming appearant. "We camp here." The spokesman stated. Speaking once more Chonobi, he was clearly ordering members of his group before turning to Kensuke and his group. "You remain here," this time the man made it clear that it wasn't any request, but an order before he would start walking away.

Raising an eyebrow at the mysterious display he felt no need to argue. Given the nature of the map they'd been given he felt little inclination to press for information. He turned towards his team and pointed his thumb over his back.

"Well, you heard the man." He said and sat down on his backpack, reaching inside for some travelling rations, inviting the rest of his team to do the same. He waited until they were all seated and then looked at the oldest girl in ther team.

"Meilin, Can you tell me what they're saying?" He asked.

Her cheeks blushed for a moment as she overheard what was being said at first, to which a few of the Blackroots chuckled. Deciding to focus on where they were heading, the wood hadn't become less ominous even while they were now being guided and protected.
Wondering why they had come to a halt, Meilin would just listen to the conversation that sprang up between the leader of the group and the others. Frowning for a moment a bit of colour would vanish from Meilin's face. Her left hand would lower, lingering near the handle of her sword as her eyes would scan the area in front of her.
Then with the group being led further the leader of the Blackroot group made it clear that they would camp here. Seeing how Kensuke reacted made it evident for once and for all that the Nimatsu wasn't even aware of what was just being said. Realising how relaxing that could be, Meilin would just nod. Her hands shook a bit as she would crouch while putting her backpack on the ground. Following Kensuke's example, she didn't feel hungry. In fact, she didn't want to eat but keep moving.
Forcing herself to start eating something the teen wondered about something. Her train of thoughts was interrupted as Kensuke asked her something.
"Hmm? Oh, well," she thought for a moment, "It is a bit complicated to translate it, but roughly, we're now located in a zone that is being contested. They spoke of... a boggart. No clue what they meant with that. North of here, there has been a skirmish and the targets," Meilin spoke slowly as she thought about how to translate it all, "were on the run. Something that... pissed them off."

"A contested area huh?" He said and smiled at the girl's nervousness. "Maybe we're ought to offer our help?" He suggested. "We're sent here as allies after all." The jounin continued on the same light-hearted tone, only his eyes that kept scanning their surroundings betraying he took her words seriously.

She flashed an uneasy smile.
"I am not sure if they would accept that sir," she said while wondering if she should clarify on how their escort group thought of them, "Besides, the way I think is that they don't consider us yet as allies. I don't even know what a boggart is."
Thinking about it, she would take a bite. Chewing for a moment she would speak up after clearing her mouth.
"How much do you know of the Sarutobi clan, if I may ask that sir," Meilin asked, clearly pondering on something.

He nodded appreciatively. They didn't consider them allies at this point. He wondered if they considered them merely the container of the scroll they carried at this point. Her question caught him off-guard, lost in thoughts as he was.

"Not terribly much. They're big friends with the Hon." He replied. "If that was a problem they'd have sent someone else. I'm always eager to learn though, if you happen to be better aqcuainted with their customs."

Nodding slowly as he gave her an answer, Meilin thought for a moment. Leaning a bit closer before taking another bite, she would keep her voice hushed.
"Then might I advise you to not mention your surname or origin unless explicitly asked for?" Meilin asked, though she reckoned that he would be willing to know why.
"It is true that the Hon and Sarutobi are close, but the Blackroots are... different. I am not a true expert, but the Sarutobi have various..."
Thinking on how to explain this to him in a short version was harder when she actually thought about it. Deciding to just give him a rough shot of what it was, she hoped he would understand it.
"Various houses, so to say. They are similar, but there are differences among them. The Blackroots have been known to be only interested in venturing out and interacting when the Hons go to war or raid. Much other than that? Don't think many ever had the 'honour' of speaking with a Blackroot, let alone see one."

"Makes sense." He said. "Have you seen a Blackroot before then?"

Chewing on a bite Meilin threw a look around. She tried to spot one of those Blackroots, but it was clear that they wouldn't be seen in their woods unless they wanted to be seen. And it was just the question if that was comforting or more ominous.
"No sir," she answered, "I haven't ever even been to the homeland of my own clan," was Meilin's answer.
"I have heard enough stories. How they resemble... something old. Something menacing. That in the older days they would venture out of the Blackroot Vale to kidnap children and eat them alive. More than likely just rumours and stories to scare children. Also heard various stories about these woods."
Wanting to say something more, Meilin suddenly decided against that. "Though, a tip," she said, trying to sound more cheerful than before, "If you wish to start a conversation, try to... well, try to speak on their way. This is their home, so we can either be a guest or an intruder. With you not able to speak Chonobi, I won't mind trying to translate for you to make it sound more... appealing, for them, you know?"

"That's an idea we'll come back to later on." He said, not adding that right now he didn't think they'd appreciate if they suddenly began communicating with them in their closely-preserved language amidst their secretive and guarded forest. "The stories don't surprise me as much though. If you listen carefully you'll hear those stories of every clan. I'm willing to bet that they have stories about how the Nimatsu cut your wrists and hang you from some mountaintop for fun too." He finished the last bite of the riceball and shrugged.

"Is their chonobi different from yours in any way?" He then asked abruptly.

Meilin listened and she thought for a moment. Thinking back on what was said earlier, the teen wondered if that was true. Judging from what she had heard and so far had seen, she would answer back.
"If you say so, sir."
Finishing her ration the teen felt the need to get up and going. Sitting here felt weird. It was clear that they didn't belong here and even as they were ordered to camp or at least remain here, Meilin didn't want to. The question of Kensuke caused her to look surprised, clearly not expecting him to be either this interested or talkative. Raising her left hand to brush aside some strands of hair, she sighed softly.
"In a way, yes," she said, "It is really small, but it is the manner of how things are said. You could state it as accents in a way, really. It is hard for those who aren't familiar with the language to catch the differences, but I am certain that they will catch on that I am a Cho. At least, I assume that. Can't tell with seeing I doubt that most of them would leave this woods for my clan's homelands."

"Nice to know." He said and rubbed his lazy beard. After a long pause where the thought about this he spoke again. "Would someone who probably never heard chonobi before notice the difference, you think?'

Thinking about the question for a moment, Meilin shrugged lightly.
"Chances are that one could. It is just that you need to know what to look out for. Think that if you listen well between me and them that you might pick up some differences. Then again," she was now more thinking out loud as she was getting interested in figuring how different it could be between her and the Blackroots, "I am not certain how different it will be. Already noticed some small phrasings and emphasis that I say in a different fashion."
Throwing a sideways glance at him, there was a frown appearing on her brow.
"Have you mastered any other language by any chance than the we one speak now, sir?"

"No, I didn't." He said, laughing softly. "Language never really interested me. Same for politics." He replied and spread his hands. "And look where we are now." A plan was forming somewhere in the back of his mind as he spoke. "How do you think we should approach these people once inside?"

"Aha," Meilin uttered softly as she threw a glance once more to see if she could spot a Blackroot. While she couldn't say that she cared much for politics the teen couldn't argue that was at times intriguing. Seeing how it was played by a faction, but unlike him, she wasn't even remotely close to any political play. All she knew was what she had heard, read and could imagine. The idea of being allowed to enter large halls and complexes where political meetings were held had something, in her opinion.
"In a region where there are more organisms that desire us dead than alive?" Meilin asked, briefly forgetting that she was talking to her squad leader as she hadn't held back a mocking tone about their situation.
"Sorry, sir, just being a bit tense now. I don't like this situation," she said though she wagered that nobody felt truly comfortable at the given moment. With Kensuke asking another question, Meilin decided to focus on that.

"Calm and collected. But," Meilin said as she tried to seek the correct words to phrase how she felt it could be best approached, "Imaging them to be comparable to the Sarutobi isn't going to work well. I have some personal experience with Hons, but can't yet be certain if they are more similar to the latter." The teen said, thinking more out loud for a moment.
"I guess that the best approach once we're brought inside their home that it would be best to not ask a lot. They are keen on their homes and judging by the history of the Sarutobi people, they might be a bit quick... to dislike somebody who is in their home and can make it uncomfortable, so to say," a brief pause followed her words, "I am sorry if I am a bit vague, but think that it is best to let them lead in a way. And try to make certain that nobody is acting out of line or do something that will piss them off."
Briefly, Meilin wondered how much Sen was acquainted with this all, but she didn't feel like asking the other Cho to help. There were some personal reasons why Meilin hadn't decided to try start anything with the other girl. Certainly not how both Karma and Sen had both acted so far.

"I agree." He said. Politeness and caution would be the best course of action at this point. For a momeny he looked as if he wanted to say something and then decided against it. "Let's not overdo that though."

Upon hearing that they shouldn't overdo it, Meilin released a soft chuckle.
"Think that is the best. Think it just takes some time for the Blackroots to accept us. Can't blame them, though," she said, thinking about what she would do or feel when people would enter what she called home. Even if it was a sort of invitation, but that could be viewed in various manners she reckoned.

The night would pass as the team of Kensuke would take their watches and camp at the location, where they had parted with the Blackroot patrol. Howling of wolves sounded in the distance, breaking the eerie silence of the dark wood that the team was in. Those on watch, regardless of their skill, would sometimes see movement in the shadow, but nothing came out to attack or bother them during the night. As the night was almost passing by, a faint light at the sky in the horizon - heralding the arrival of dawn - a bloodcurling sound would move through the air. Its origins weren't clearly human or the wolves of before. The brief disturbing brought a certain silence down that was even more eerie than before. As the light of dawn tried to pierce through the thick foliage, the team would be able to enjoy a moment of reprieve as well some rations for breakfast.

Then without a warning the Blackroot that had ordered them appeared in the line of sight. No sound or scent had warned any of the shinobi. Standing at the edge of the team's camp, the man spoke up. Not more friendly than the day before. "You need to come with us." He told them, waiting for the team to break up their camp. There weren't any signs or indication that the other Blackroots of the day before were around, but an observant person could notice some dried up blood on the right arm and bracer of the man.

Once the team was ready to move the Blackroot would turn around on his heels, starting to walk in a quick pace. Not once did he look to see if they could keep up with them. So did a hour pass as the group would be led to a place that started to have less foliage. A more open area that held various stone columns and rubble, given away that there was once a construction in place. Only to be overgrown and collapsed by the surrounding folliage. Leading the group further into the ruins the Blackroot came to a halt. From their right a sharp whistle would resonate, only to followed by another one from their back and front. None of this disturbed the leading Blackroot, who seemed to be quite relaxed by the sudden, sharp whistles. From the directions came various cloaked and hooded men. The majority holding a longbow, but having a sheathed sword or axe resting against their hip. The Blackroot who had guided Team 7 made a clear signal that the team had to wait as the man would approach the others. Most of the cloaked and armed men took up a position, wary and alert. Once more there was dried up blood on some of the men's clothing or even the blade of their visible axes. A conversation sparked between what were likely the leaders of each group. A few times one of the 'newcomer' leaders pointed at Team 7 and shook his head, clearly disagreeing with the others. The one who had guided Team 7 before spoke up and so did the conversation continue.

Certainly no stranger to camping outside in various places, many of them ominous or uncomfortable, Kensuke felt almost at home laying down inside his sleeping bag with the familiar presence of disease making his hairs stand upright. As his mind categorized the different sounds he heard from harmless to dangerous he sank into a light sleep, disturbed every time a new sound peopped up. It would have been exhausting if he wasn't so used to it.

Kensuke observed the commotion with the appreciative eye of a leader who liked to see well-ordered men. Despite that he failed to understand but a word of what was being said or done, he recognised the watch-signals, the spread out combat patrol in a loose formation that would catch anything coming their way. It was all very admirable, up until the officers of the respective groups of warriors began arguing, with many wild gestures being made in their direction. It became clear that not all of the Blackroot unanimously had agreed with the decision to involve Konoha in this. After the conversation had been going on for a few awkward moments he turned to his team and gave them a reassuring nod.

"So far so good. Keep looking reliable and trustworthy while we sort this out. Meilin, on me." He said and turned towards the conflicted group of men with a confident stride, as if he belonged to this officer's meeting. "Translate for me please."

The genin had remained silent. There wasn't much talk and Meilin started to wonder if there would be any talk. It made her consider some decisions, but for now, she would just have to put up with the silence and awkward interaction. Funny enough, only so far Kensuke seemed to be willing to talk or interact. Though the last conversation had been sparked because he was in need of her. It could have very well been Sen who he could've asked to translate what had been said. So she sat at 'breakfast', being silent. There was also another reason why she was silent. That ominous screech that had ruptured through the silence of the night had made her clear awake. At first, Meilin had expected that a fight was going on. But it seemed that they weren't bothered or being attacked, causing her to feel on edge.
With the man of the day before appearing again, Meilin felt somewhat relieved. It was somewhat ironic. The sight of a Blackroot being a relief.
Packing up her belongings and ready herself, Meilin wanted to talk. This silent was so annoying, but she doubted that there would be much interaction back. Instead, she focused on observing the Blackroot that led them. Then her attention shifted as they were being led into some ruins. Causing her to wonder what had been build. Who had to build this and what or who had caused it to become a ruin? Her curiosity was growing and she decided to approach one of the columns. Having expected some Chonobi being engraved on the column, Meilin was confused by the sight of a foreign language. Wanting to understand or at least try to read more of it the teen quickly turned around as sharp whistles resonated around them. Her right hand shot to the handle of her sword, turning to the direction of the last whistle. Seeing more Blackroots Meilin would release a soft sigh. Once more at ease, she would just lean her right hand on her left wrist - with her left hand resting on the pommel of her sword.
As the leaders of the groups started to converse, Meilin frowned when Kensuke spoke up. "Hm? Wait!"
Reaching out the teen would grab the young man by his right wrist. "Just hold it there for a second," she told him in a hushed tone, eyeing quickly if the Blackroot had noticed what he almost had done, "Remember what we are? Guests. We can't just barge into what they consider their own affair."
The teen would cast another glance, this time to spot if the other members of the team weren't deciding to bother any of the other Blackroot.

"Okay, I will try, but can't speak much louder," Meilin said, still holding on to the hushed tone, "Not sure if they will like that or not, but let's see..."
Becoming silent she would listen to the conversation, starting to softly translate what was being said by the men. "The nearby skirmish went fine. No casualties on their side, but 'they' managed to get away in the... tomb," the teen frowned, but wouldn't stop, "They were considering to move to the northern post of the area to find any traces of activity before going back. The man who pointed at us before is disagreeing with bringing... well, let's state that it was outsiders," Meilin said, sounding not comfortable as she continued, "We don't even belong here according to the man. That and they spotted two more boggarts entering the... southern entrance..."

Staying silent as everything occured, Karma kept observing the area around her. Ever since the first encounter with the Blackroot, she has been quite intrigued by them, or if to be more specific, by the technique they used to ambush them. It was very possible they used the exact same technique Kensuke uses, but something told her that wasn't the case. That it was something more suitable for the woods they lived in. She knew very well that asking them about it was out of the question, so she could only ponder it with herself or the others once they were done with the mission. Upon seeing Kensuke and Meilin walk towards the two Blackroots that were discussing, she made sure she was ready for movement at a moment's notice.

Sen listened to men talking and then nodded as she agreed with what Meilin said. She was by no means the best at Chonobi but she could hold her own in a decent conversation and she glanced at Karma with a smile. "Have you been in team 7 long?" Sen asked as she was also ready to move at a moments notice if the need be. She then caught up to Kensuke and Meilin as she had an idea. "Perhaps, if we showed that we do respect their culture and aren't completely clueless then they might feel more comfortable with us?"

The team leader turned on Meilin when she grabbed his hand. She had a point, he had to admit. But it wasn't entirely correct. "No. We are envoys, carrying important information, representing the Konoha shinobi force and the Empress." He said after hearing out her translation. Which was exactly the reason they had to be careful. They were representatives, and in this far-off corner of the realm that meant they were now the face of the entire empire. And then Sen spoke.

She had been so silent during the entire mission so far he missed an exchange in the conversation going on behind, not that he understood it anyways. He turned on the youngest member of Team 7 with something of a smile on his lips. "So, how would we let them know we respect their culture while also suggesting we are not stupid? I'd love to hear that, it'd fix a lot of our problems right now."

"That's the point sir," Meilin said, wanting to continue but then Sen joined the conversation. Waiting for a moment to let the others speak, Meilin threw a look at the discussing Blackroot leaders.
"Sir, I mean no disrespect, but," raising her left thumb to point at herself Meilin's right eyebrow perked up slightly, "I can't consider myself somebody from Konoha. I am sure you mean that we're in the imperial service, but the capital means little to me other than where I am starting to settle down." Having said that Meilin lowered her hand, placing it on her hip as she would continue.
"These men don't regard us as anything else than guests in their home. Even if we have important, it is up to them to decide if it is important or not. Until we are directed to the person that is in charge of the region, I suggest we keep it cool and calm. I suspect that they will want to get rid of us as quickly and without as little consequences with it. So please," the teen paused for a second. There were already certain words laid out on her tongue, but those were phrased in a certain disrespectful manner.
"Just consider ourselves as guests now. Not sure how it would work in your clan, but doubt that your kin wouldn't fancy if we would consider ourselves important cause we carry a scroll with information that might or might not yet be known to them. Give it a bit of time and first, try to get a better timing. Cause right now, they are dealing with matters we don't even know about. Unless somebody can state what a boggart is?" There was almost a challenging tone in her voice as she glanced at the team, waiting for a second to make a point before continue on.
"As for my suggestion on respecting their culture, that means we have to know their culture. And doubt any of us is really acquainted with the traditions and manner of the Blackroot. All I have are rumours and what I can get from stories I read and was told."

With Sen going up to Kensuke and Meilin and joining them, Karma didnt see much reason to respond to her question. After taking a few more seconds, she decided she didn't want to stand around on her own, feeling like it could be seen off for the Blackroot branch members, and went to join the rest. She arrived in time to hear Kensuke finish saying something about fixing their problems, and then upon listening to Meilin, she understood a bit better what they were discussing "Going on rumours and stories isn't something we ought to go on when it comes to other people. We could try to do something to understand the them, but the way they behave and choose to not communicate in our tongue makes me think we shouldn't test our luck in how far we can get on hunches." She whispered to them, moving her gaze between her team members.

"I'm not entirely sure how accuracte I'll be but from a few books I've read a boggart is something with ill intent that can change its shape. Most of the time it's mentioned is in folklore and myths as something of a bad spirit. I would think in this situation they could have a few people using perhaps a form of the transformation jutsu and such. As far as their culture, I do have to agree that going off rumors and stories isn't wise. Rumors sometimes are exaggerated truths but without a way of knowing deciding truth from fiction we might need a more open approach. Perhaps if we show them respect despite our mission and act as Meilin said like guest then they might feel more inclined to share what they know. Important scroll or not, if we can't get them to see us as friends who are here to help then this mission will be more difficult," Sen said. The genin would then look to Karma before turning her attention back to Kensuke-Sensei.

He looked at the three girls who'd just chastised him in order of age and scoffed at the humour of the situation. He looked at each of them and considered the arguments they had all gathered and made a decision. "I think that the easiest way to show that we respect them is by doing a good job. They look like professionals. Let's just act our part and in time we'll have a chance to show them why we're here." He said. "Now let's get into travelling formation. No better way to show we're ready." He said and added deed to word by lifting his backpack and securing it for the undoubtedly dangerous way ahead.

Just as Kensuke replied back, a voice spoke up. In a rather harsh and stern manner. "You lot," the man who spoke was the same as who had led them to the ruins before, "Seems you're coming with us." Though the man made that statement, it was clear he was anything but happy about it. As the other leaders rallied their groups, it was clear that they were splitting off. In the distance a weird howling sound was made, causing the Blackroot to grow silent for a moment. The speaker turned to Team 7 again. "And seems we are growing out of time," grumbling some more commands in Chonobi, various members of his group would approach Kensuke's team. Pieces of cloth were held up by the few, making it clear what their intention was. "You're going to be blindfolded. No reason for you lot to know the road, anyways. Don't try anything funny, unless you want to be left alone."

That being said, the majority of the present Blackroot started to move away from the site. In the fashion that they did with a few and short phrases uttered in Chonobi, it would be clear to all that something nearby was happening. Not that the shinobi were given much chance to investigate or learn more as the blindfolds were applied. Guided by the same group as before the team would be escorted from the site. A firm hand on their shoulder, pushing and guiding them from behind, would lead them further away. Faint sounds of battle cries and the same howling as before rang through the air, but would soon fade away as the group kept moving.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Sho Deshuga, lightblue"]
Team What? Chuunin | On the Streets

Sho had to give it to Yone. It was kind of fucked up that Kona actually killed that kunoichi she had been facing. He didn't know what it felt like to actually kill someone and he didn't really care what Kona felt at that point, but regardless of all of that it was just messed up. Then again he didn't understand why Yone would care at all if Kona would mess up again. He was pretty sure the girl couldn't really do anything of note so Yone would probably have been fine. As for no combat experience... That was just a stupid argument. You went into battle to gain combat experience. How else were you going to get it?

"I don't know," he said to her when she finished her little speech with the famous 'you know' words. "You are not going to get any experience by running away, I know that."

The words didn't matter now though, not since the Uchiha had apparently decided that he was going to ignore him. He didn't have time for him? The what now? Since when was that ever an issue? It didn't matter if people didn't have time for Sho, he made sure they made time for him. How else was he ever going to get anything done anyway? He would just be waiting endlessly for people to make time for him and in that way he would never achieve a thing.

The Uchiha's friend was equally displeasing, but strangely enough Yone was ahead of him. The words she yelled at his stupid Hyuuga head (what was up with that friendship anyway, an Uchiha and a Hyuuga, it was almost too cheesy) where things he could have said himself and he wasn't sure if he liked that she said them first. Somewhere in all of this there had been a strange unwritten rule that he did the yelling.

Whatever.

The Hyuuga and the Uchiha were turning away from them and Sho wasn't going to let them leave. He was still angry about his job and about the whole situation here in general and now he was angry at the fact that this Uchiha was ignoring him and that the Hyuuga was agreeing with that. "We'll see about that," he mumbled. He made two signs. He hadn't actively tried out this technique yet, but it was as a good a time as any. Besides he had realized he learned things much faster if he needed them right now and he was frustrated. Also he had seen countless people use the technique during the matches. He brought his hand to his mouth. Surely it was just like the other water techniques he knew.

With that thought he released Water Style: Light Water Ball towards Neji's head just like he had seen people do in Godai matches, except that in those things their opponents were not running away from them. "Make time," he said as he lowered his hand again somewhat impressed by himself that he actually pulled it off.

[/fieldbox]

A new (best~) team formed?
New Sensei from the block!

A collab made by team 22 - which consist out of :

- @zane620
- @Aliceee
- @Oetje

Summary :
Both Kitana and Rini are transfered from their previous teams to become members of a new team. They meet and learn who their new jounin-leader is. But the question that remains at the end is : Who learned the most today?~

[spoili]
A certain rhythm was disturbing the peace and silence that hang around in the interior of the establishment Etsu was residing in. The woman held a cup with warm tea in it. Her favourite, imported from the west, produced by the Cho clan. Not cheap but she could afford it without much problem. The only problem was that she had to be cautious with the amount she drank. If anything Etsu was fond of the tea, wanting to drink it every day. But that wasn't possible. It would cost too much and it wasn't really easy to get her hands on the Cho tea this far west in the Empire.
Raising the cup up Etsu gently blew on the surface while waiting. The interior of the teahouse was empty of patrons, save it for her. Taking a small sip of the tea Etsu felt at peace.

Closing her eyes she didn't think about the upcoming responsibilities that would walk literally through the door. Wouldn't wonder about the problems that stalked the world. At least, at this moment. Opening her eyes halfway Etsu stared down at her tea. She had done what she considered what each jounin would do. Read and study the profiles of their future students. Try to learn about them even if they were just names with a story to them. Names with no real face or embodiment of emotion or opinion attached yet to them.
Soon enough, though, they would be more than just names with a story. For her, they would become people with a background that would be assigned to her care. Taking another little sip Etsu would close her eyes once more.

A sigh followed as she lowered the cup. Soon.

It would be a new day for the Chuunin as she made her way to this teahouse where her new sensei would be awaiting. A good bit of events have happened in the time since the riot happened, the previous jounin commander would step down and her spot would quickly be taken by her very own brother! Which only time would tell if that would be for the best, she didn't know the previous jounin commander, yet she knew just how strict her brother was. The least they would have to worry about is a riot lasting longer than several hours. Yet the first thing he did was get his own sister off his team and into a new one, something about not wanting favoritism even being mentioned. Not that it mattered to her she just knew she had to do her duty, not cause trouble or shame the Riojin name and everything would be grand.

Took a few minutes but she would arrive at the teahouse where only one customer sat. This made it rather easy to tell who her new sensei would be, yet who her new teammates would be would soon be found out. Giving her sensei a smile, she would walk over to the table offering the jounin a bow of respect before sitting at the table. "Hello, my name is Kitana Riojin. I look forward to learning from you sensei!" she said with a smile that beamed happiness, in fact how happy she looked might even be labeled as too happy.

A new team? If anything Rini wanted to just go to the meeting and say that she wasn't interested. She understood that there were reasons why her previous teams hadn't worked. Why Ryoku hadn't been able to mentor her as long as she had wanted him. Why perhaps Itsuo hadn't been able to continue to train and educate her. Why she perhaps was now switched to another team of another jounin. If anything Rini was done with committing herself to a mentor figure or team. It hadn't ever helped her before. Only had managed to give her a brief amount of time of happiness and then only to make her only more frustrated. Frustrated and somehow angry but unsure who she should be angry on. On Ryoku? On Itsuo? On whoever kept deciding that she should be switching teams?

Walking towards the meeting spot, which was a teahouse, Rini frowned for a second. Coming to a halt in front of the establishment she wondered what this new team and jounin were like. Her pessimistic mood and experience did already 'warn' her that it wouldn't be anything she should count on. Best to just assume that it wasn't going to be great or what she had hoped before. Hope seemed more and more these days to be a faint thing of the past. Entering the teahouse the genin noticed that there were only two people present, sitting together. Slightly confused why it was so empty Rini decided that she hadn't anything to lose. Heading towards the two Rini was just in time to overhear the last sentence of the younger of the pair. "Rini Yoto, hope I am not too late," the girl said with a calm tone as well saluting before taking a seat of her own.

Ah, the first had arrived. Flashing a warm smile towards the teen who introduced herself Etsu already caught sight of the second participant of the meeting, entering the establishment. There were a bit of a few years between her students but that wasn't of any concern for Etsu. What mattered were other factors than just age.
If she was correct then Kitana was the chuunin and Rini was the genin. The first seemed quite happy and the latter was harder to read but Etsu decided that it would be bad if she would be caught just observing them in silence.

"Great that you both managed to come and in time, very good start if I may say so," the woman started on a friendly tone, "My name is Etsu Yabut. Am assigned as your jounin but I figure it would be a bit too soon to consider myself yet as your sensei. It is something that you need to accept, after all. I do wish that you both will follow my orders. As long that happens I don't fear that we will end up in too much trouble."
With that having said the woman would lean a bit forward, placing her elbows on the table as well folding her hands together.
"Anyways, I understand if there are any questions regarding me. Sadly I can't answer everything as I imagine that you two also wish to keep some privacy. I have quite some experience as a kunoichi, as my rank already betrays that. Am most suited for intelligence operations for... my various skills and abilities. I know that you both aren't really aimed for that but I can help with that. Just a few basic skills that aren't too hard if you put your back into it," Etsu explained as she seemed to enjoy talking this much to the students, evidently not even wondering if they were or weren't paying attention.
"I am not fond of many things but I suppose that before you two will fall asleep that it is fair to say something about yourself and if you feel the need," making a gesture as well flashing another warm smile, "Then by all means, ask a question. I might or might not provide an answer,~" Etsu further added with a wink.

After her, arrived a woman maybe a couple years younger than herself, who didn't seem thrilled nor upset to be here at the moment. Was she also switched from a team like herself? Rini Yoto was her new teammate though huh? Kitana couldn't help but wonder what she would be like, hopefully nothing like that one girl she worked with. Makes it a bit hard to do work if everyone fears the genin. Yet with both their greetings done, it was now time for their sensei who was known as Etsu Yabut. She went about things differently than her brother, she was more tame and nice about their meeting.

She would then proceed to tell them a little about herself and the skills she had, not too much but enough to make it clear she could be a dangerous woman if need be. She seemed like she would be an interesting person to learn from to say the least, yet then came their own turn to tell more about themselves. Kitana would tap her chin as she gazed as Rini in case she was going to speak first, yet when that wasn't the case she would speak up.
"Well nothing that interesting about myself, more of the importance is my brother Mitsunari Riojin. I'm just a simple Chuunin, who can utilize paper release more so than others. I also know water release as well. I prefer long range fighting than up close, although I can. Just don't expect good results. I dislike.... very little but that can be told later. Oh! I love chocolate. Just leaving that out there." Kitana would finish giving her sensei a wink as if saying she could always reward her good deeds with chocolate.

Okay, this was indeed a different kind of jounin. She talked more but neither in an unpleasant or harsh manner. It was clear that she wasn't just here cause she liked to be here. So far every jounin or higher ranked person Rini had met had a skill or few up their sleeve that made them quite fearsome. The idea that this woman was skilled and able to perform intelligence missions made Rini a bit nervous. Certainly now it was their turn to talk. But what information could she hold back without being caught on spot? Deciding that it wouldn't really matter anyways Rini would speak after Kitana. "I don't really know what I can bring up as interesting. Euhm, I have no siblings so that is one thing. Am a genin for some time, served in various teams."

Realising that the woman could have studied their profiles Rini wasn't certain with what she would find interesting. "Am able to do one sensor technique and... euhm, well can fight a bit. Not really well but guess that is why I am still a genin, heh." Rubbing her neck Rini felt a bit nervous. "I also like chocolate. Not that I had much but well, I use to buy it from time to time. I also like reading, a lot. Preferably stories..." Rini's voice started to trail off as she wasn't sure if she was either being annoying with these random facts or not.

As they started to talk Etsu just listened and wouldn't look away from them. No, looking away would be bad for what she was doing. While they wouldn't really notice the woman was already extracting information from them. It was a simple but yet ingenious trick that hadn't failed so far. All she needed was to buy some time and distract their attention and pin it down on something, such as the ongoing conversation.
Searching quickly Etsu tried to dig up more information about Kitana. The chuunin didn't lie and not that Etsu was expecting that but it was certainly interesting when one would consider her origin.
"Quite interesting! Thanks for sharing this all with me. I believe that being open with comrades as we are going to be from this point on will be a necissity in the field."
The woman turned her attention towards Kitana as the jounin seemed to consider something.

"You know, I don't like to suffocate either. Can't say that I do like bugs either. Am quite scared for them as well but fear is an emotion that can be useful once you know how to use it to your own advantage, Kitana," the woman said, nodding towards the chuunin. Her attention would now turn towards Rini.
"As for you, Rini. I am not too well known with this Itsuo but I will try to not disappoint or give you the feeling of abandonment. I understand that this might not sound genuine but I can understand the pain of losing people or feeling that they left you behind. I truly do. I will do my best to not end up of you think of me as some kind of traitor."
A pause followed to let the two realise what just had happened. Leaning back Etsu would grin slightly. Balancing the chair she was sitting on while leaning back the woman spoke up again.

"I suppose you both are wondering how I caught this up. There is little to nothing that betrays the information I just spoke out loud. This is because like I said, I have my tricks and abilities to learn from people. A golden rule of an intelligence operative is that in order to learn, you need to listen. Observe and study. Just as I did a moment ago. This is also what I want to pass on to you two. Simple tricks to recognise dangers and how to gain information without blowing up your cover as some rabid dog."
The woman paused as she would let the words once more sink in.
"Now that we have this all established let's lay out some ground rules. Rules that I live and go by and don't wish you two to break unless it is in order to save something or someone important. Got that? Good! First rule," Etsu would raise her right hand while placing her feet on the table in a nonchalant manner. Raising her index finger the woman continued, "Listen to what I say. I like to talk, yes, I really do. But when I give an order I expect you two to listen to it. I have experience and knowledge on how to deal with a lot of situations or people. Seeing that you both don't have the same rank or higher I will expect that you thus trust me on my judgements. Then there is two," raising her middle finger next to her index finger Etsu would continue in her casual briefing about the ground rules.
"I don't like anybody to hold information back. As you two now just noticed I can get it myself. But that doesn't mean that I have or feel the need to do that every time. If I do notice that you're holding back information that the team or I could use then consequences will follow. Usually, painful ones, remember that well."
Raising another finger Etsu wouldn't right away continue on the whole briefing she was giving them.
"Third, I don't want to hear any complaints on a mission. We send out to do our work and if you feel too good about something then I will make sure that you're capable of eating mud. While I am not going to give out my leadership, we are all equals. Social standards or origins?" Making a dismissive gesture with her other hand Etsu scoffed lightly.
"I don't really care for it. You are my team and unless you're the damn governor of a province or some other hot shot then you're going to do exactly what I am saying. I tell you to clean something up? You do that and we won't have a problem. You don't do that? And I might refer back to the same consequence that rule two can bring on those who won't follow my orders."
Frowning the woman would turn silent for a moment before, once more, continuing in a casual manner and pace.
"Last, for now, is that I expect you to do your best. That is all I ask. Not asking you to make me or somebody else proud. I just want you to put your backs into the tasks and orders given so that we can try to go home all in one piece. Cause at the end of the day, I consider that quite important. Agreed? Any questions?"

As they both finished speaking, something seemed odd. Her being too happy was to see what new fun might await her in this team, yet her sensei being really proud about being open with each other would be a grand thing in the field. "Uhhh yeah, I agree as well." Kitana would reply a bit nervous now at what might be going on. Then the creepy part happened, she first spoke up to Kitana and stated suffocatin wasn't something she was fond of andd she disliked bugs as well. This wiped her smile right off her face and now replaced it with a worried and slightly confused expression. "Ha.... Is that right?" Kitana said making it clear that she was confused on how her sensei who sh never talked to before, nor should the reports on her have listed, would know about her fears.

She would proceed to do the same thing to Rini but not with fears. She went off who she was disappointed in, which those reports on them shouldn't have in them as well. Kitana looked at Rini too see if she was just as confused and a tad scared, when their sensei started speaking. She got all this information from observing and listening to them? Her confusion was only growing stronger, she could have sworn that nothing she did stated what she feared. This feels like they had been played, that happy sensei suddenly became more confident in her approach towards them. Her posture said it all as she placed her feet on the table at a public establishment none the less. So now they were probably confused, scared, and now they were sitting there listening to her state off her rules. Rule two pretty much stated that they knew she was in control and disobeying her would result in pain. She mentally cursed at what kind of person her brother assigned her too.... Brother why did you make my new sensei a dictator?

She would finally finish and never before has someone talking for so long, been so damn terrifying as well. When she asked if there were any questions she would raise her hand. Even if her hand was now slightly shaking. "Umm... about that information you got from us." She would start but the more she spoke the less willing she was to go through with it. "Never mind not important." she said backing down, as she was worried that if she did ask how the literal hell her fears were extracted from her by a happy go lucky introduction. That she might get hurt.

It went great the start but as the jounin continued Rini just stared at the woman. The fact that she was able to deduce Kitana's fear made the genin blink rapidly. She wasn't at first sure where it came from and a quick glance at the other made it clear that the jounin wasn't making things up. How did she manage to learn and deduce that? Then the woman started about her, already making Rini feel the cold sweat beads running down her spine. Was this in her profile? She was certain of not. Nobody knew of her frustrations on her past sensei. She hadn't complain about it or ever made it more than just thoughts and opinions in her mind. Did the woman pull off a genjutsu? Underneath the table Rini would quickly form the Rat handsignal but much to both her surprise and fear she noticed something. As her eyes widened a bit she couldn't notice any fluxation that indicated that either she or Kitana were under a genjutsu or any kind of technique. What kind of skill was the woman pulling off? It was terrifying and amazing.

The woman then started about the rules. Rini wouldn't take her eyes off the woman, both out of newfound fear and respect. Questions ran through her mind but she kept her focus on what the woman said. Memorising the rules so that she wouldn't learn or experience what it meant to be punished by this jounin. Somehow she didn't seem as intimidating as Itsuo had been with a sword drawn or having a powerful vibe as Ryoku and yet that made Etsu only more scarier. There wasn't any indication of what they could expect of their new mentor, causing Rini to wonder if it was okay to think at all. What if she thought about something wrong and the woman would pick it up?

Kitana's voice made Rini look sideways, slightly surprised that the chuunin was about to inquire how the jounin had managed to learn the information. While eager to know how Rini was also fearing that the woman would just show them through the use of whatever she did, in a worse fashion. "U-Understood, sensei," Rini just said, feeling quite timid - even to the point she just lowered her eyes and hoped that their sensei wouldn't pick up anything that would cause anger.

It was evident to Etsu that her team had a little 'scare' upon the revelation of the information. Though Etsu knew that without any tricks or skills that they would be curious how she was able to do that, the jounin wouldn't begin about it. It was clear that she had made clear who was in charge and that there was no room to doubt the established leadership now. The start was thus in Etsu's opinion quite good. Without any trouble, they had introduced themselves, shared a bit of information and there weren't any objections or questions regarding either her being in charge or her rules. What more could she wish for? Perhaps continue to silently pull out information but that would be overdoing it. There was no need to do that now, anyways.

"Good. I am starting to feel that this will just work out for all of us. Just follow the rules and my command. Little to no trouble will come from that," the woman told the two with a wink and a grin appearing on her lips.

"Just a little bit of trouble, maybe.~"
[/spoili]

Neji Uchiha
Konohagakure Genin

To Neji the conversation was done and over with. He heard Hiraku and then some other voice start talking but to Neji this was over and he was going back to the barracks. He wasn't in the mood nor did he have time to deal with this kid right now. Neji activated his sharingan though as he walked away in case the kid whose name was Sho tried something. And of course this kid did. For some reason he hated the Uchiha so he was going to take it out on Neji

The waterball hit Neji but then a poof of smoked appeared and a log appeared where Neji had been. Neji poofed back in not too far away but farther away then he had been before. The red of the sharingan glistening through the smoke and the rain. "Do you want to fight me again is that it?" Neji not being able to control his anger anymore just stared down Sho. Neji's red sharingan eyes staring into Sho's regular eyes. Neji had messed up so many times since he had become a full fledged genin and this time here in the Hidden Rain Village. He really messed up bad. The anger the guilt the sadness it all boiled over and he couldn't control it anymore. He was ready to fight Sho and if that what he wanted then that was what he was going to get. "Fine this is what you want then lets go fight me" Neji continued to stare at Sho.

[fieldbox="Those who stay silent, green, solid"]
Niota Miyoko
ANBU of Kumogakure

Carrying a couple of trays with food and drinks fully on each one required great balance and a good bit of strength to weave around tables and people to deliver them to the rightful people. These people who happen to be regulars of hers, some guards both male and female who were off duty at the moment. As she approached the table, she would give them a smile which was returned back by the group. Setting their food down on the table, and placing the food and drinks in front of the correct person. She would listen in on their chats, well more so she would get dragged in a bit. She of course would always listen in but gave a look around to see if everything would be fine to talk for a bit. So when it was, she would sit down at the empty seat and would chat with the group a bit.

"So Azula since you are a waitress and all, you ever hear anything odd while at work? Like maybe something about a Maker?" The young male soldier would ask her, almost with curious intention, which was pretty odd considering he was more laid back when off duty. None of his friends seemed to be confused on why he was asking either. Almost as they knew what he was going to ask and wanted to know the answer as well.

Niota would raise an eyebrow and would proceed to shake her head. "A maker? No can't say I heard anything along those lines, I've heard about various affairs, skipping work, conspiracy theories and all the typical gossip. Yet heard nothing about a maker, sounds like they would make something though." Niota said shrugging as she would help herself to one of the young man's fry, which after several times just let it happen. She could tell by the look on his face that she was far off on her simple guess, not that she was really trying. She came to find out even if you knew the answer or not, they would still tell you no matter what. Which was fine for her after all she needed information and if this "Maker" helped then she would listen.

The young male would shake his head at her guess. "If only it were that simple, apparently it's a religion of sorts. A really creepy one too."

This time one of the women guards would speak up, the oldest out of the group and happily married as well with two children. "We thought you might have heard about it, since some of the guards are reciting verses from it like everyone followed this belief. It really is ominous some of these verses. That and the fact they have memorized them like nothing is strange." She would say also helping herself to the male's fries

"Right? No one was saying a peep of this for weeks even months. Yet now you can't do your job without hearing at least one verse a day." Another male guard said as he clasped his hands together. "Oh maker, please pardon my sins and blah blah blah." He would mock making his friends chuckle as he would join the fry snatching game. "Who knows maybe those conspiracy theories you keep hearing are right Azula." This comment proceeded to earned him an elbow to his side from the veteran of the group, along with a glare.

"You know better than to speak about this aloud Sun." She told him still glaring a bit.

"Ow." He said rubbing his side a bit shooting a glare back. "Like us talking about it will really cause an uproar. Everyone talks about it as if they know everything that happened. Yet come on you have to agree, its odd. Sure it's horrible Keitaro did what he did. Yet as soon as he vanished. Everything around here has become a bit strange wouldn't you agree? He leaves and now we have that naggy woman on our ass all the time, the guards are one by one accepting this maker freak. That Monk shows up out of nowhere and even has these freaky masked guards. I tried talking to one you know, no matter what I said they never responded back." Sun said which caused a silence to follow.

The other young male spoke up breaking the silence. "Yeah if were being honest. I just can't see Keitaro doing what everyone thinks. Sure he was a massive male whore, but really that should be his only crime. Anyway sorry about taking you for so long Azula. You sh- Wait! Where did all my fries go! Did you guys eat them all? You jerks!" He stated with a sincere expression which turned to anger at his fries having been eaten. This caused all his friends to start laughing, as Niota gave him a pat on the cheek and would stand up, and resume working.

Her shift would continue for a couple more hours as she began planning in her mind on what to do. She would continue hearing theories on Keitaro. yet nothing besides what she did hear from the guards on a maker. This might be something to discuss with Gavin. Considering what she wanted to do next might require his assistance. Well in this case her roommate Mr Takeda, it was good to know he was getting progress, so when her shift ended she would head on home. Being the first one back she decided to be nice and would make some dinner. Something beef, after all it was his favorite.

Yet how they were going to go about this next would weigh heavily. The sudden appearance of Kata could provide to be useful if they could figure it out, yet at the same time it would be incredibly difficult as well. Nothing was know about the man, besides he believed in this Maker and had his own guard that never spoke. They were constantly draped in grey and even their faces were covered. This would provide a perfect disguise for herself, since if you are constantly covered you don't need to fear anyone blowing your cover. They apparently train, pray, and meditate. They seemed like a boring bunch really, but had to do something important, or hear something important guarding that man everyday.

Yet dinner was ready and just in time too. Gavin should be getting home any second now.[/fieldbox]

A Temporary Departure
Eiji Emiya and Hoshi Miwa

A Collab between Fieryfly and Nim

Summary:
Hoshi comes to request something Eiji. He complies.​

[spoili]

Walking with her head down, Hoshi felt rather ashamed of herself as she walked into the building. She could feel the stares of people that used to work for her, now with slight disbelief, sadness and she could swear she also spotted some slight spite towards her. And she would just accept all of the gazes at her as she made her way towards Eiji's office. Upon arriving the door, she readjusted her posture to be somewhat more confident, though she still had her eyes focus on the floor beneath her. Knocking on the door four times, Hoshi wondered if she could even look at Eiji without feeling really ashamed, as by now she realized her actions most likely only made things more difficult for the man she respected as a higher up.

Somehow his office had not become a mess yet. It was slightly surprised with all the things he had to take care off, but he desk was neat and the drawers of the cabinets lining the wall could still close normally. As the knock echoed through his room Eiji placed down the report that he had been reading about several shops that had to be closed because of the damage. He stretched out and yawned once then his eyes locked on the door, half way trying to guess who was behind the wood. No doubt it would be someone to bring him more papers, there was always someone like that around. "Enter!" he called out.

Opening the door, She took a couple of steps in and shut the door behind her as quietly as possible. Another step forward and then Hoshi gave Eiji a deep bow "Thank you for agreeing to see me, Amekage Assistant Emiya-sama. If you can spare a few minutes, I only have one request to ask of you." She said, staying in the bow. She felt that she had to look at his eyes eventually, but she tried to delay that moment.

It was not someone who brought papers. With a frown Eiji looked at the cast down face of Hoshi who apparently didn't really want to face him, but did nevertheless. "Just because you stepped down as Jounin Commander does not mean that we need to go back to full politeness. Eiji is fine. Emiya-sama, if you really need to," he said slowly. He understood Hoshi's desire to be polite, but at the same time the whole thing was kind of void. They knew each other well, they worked together. He did not wish to go back to being a complete stranger for her. "Sit down." He gestured to the chair before his desk.

Hearing his response only stung her more. He was trying to keep things the way they were, but after what she had done, she felt like she did not deserve things to stay as they were. But if that was how he wanted things to be, she will respect that. Sitting down in the chair across from Eiji, she made sure to look him in the eyes, to show that despite what she had done, she was not going to look away and that she is more than aware of her actions. Eiji would also be able to see her eyes were very red "Thank you Eiji. Ever since what I have done, I was griefing and thinking about my action. There is no going back now, I understand that. Even if you were to reinstate me as Jounin Commander, I would not gain back the respect of everyone else, and it might also cause an uproar among the people who caused the riots before." She said.

Taking out a paper from her pocket, Eiji would be able to see it is an official request for an extended leave from the Shinobi force. Briefly looking at it, she knew those were rarely accepted, unless under special circumstances. Bringing her sight back onto him, she handed him the paper "I wish to take an extended leave to visit my remaining family in the River Province. They do not yet know of what happened to my sister, and I also wish to spend time with them, for I haven't properly done so ever since I stepped up to the role of Jounin Commander. However, I give you this request with the term that if you ever need me, no matter what the reason will be, you can call out to me and I will come straight away." Hoshi said, hoping he would understand that she still felt the need to redeem her actions, but at the same time, she felt that being sent straight into active duty may not be the best choice. People may not wish to get help from someone who steps down as soon as little trouble occurs. They needed to let a bit of time pass, to let things settle a tad more.

He listened quietly to Hoshi's words and accepted the form she was offering to him. There were the papers after all. There were always papers. As Hoshi finished Eiji kept silent for a moment. "Even if I wanted to reinstate you, I wouldn't," he said, his eyes lifting up from the form to meet hers. "By resigning from this position you have stepped away from it entirely and you cannot go back regardless of who wished for that to happen and who didn't. And in your absence I have already appointed someone else for the job." He placed the form down on the table and tapped his index finger on the paper a couple of times. "While I understand the basic reasoning behind the way you stepped down, there is no easy way of coming back from this, Hoshi. You fell away when you were needed. Despite what happened to you personally, that should not have happened. But I know it is not that easy. I let a lot of things fall away when my wife passed away."

He paused for a second time. "I will allow the extended leave, but know that by leaving now will not solve your problems later. I cannot guarantee a highly ranked job for you when you come back. I cannot guarantee anything for you at this moment and I hope you understand that."

He was right, of course. Nodding, she gave him a small smile "I never expected to go back to any high ranking roles. I wouldn't mind going back to just tutoring genin or academy students when I come back. Let them learn from my mistakes so they would not do them, that is part of what we aim to do, right? Teach the younger generation to be better than us. As for the leave, I may just go and be there for a week and then return. Most I'll be gone will be a month. But like I said, if you need my assistance for anything, at all, send a message and I will come here as soon as possible." Hoshi said. Standing up and giving him another bow, Hoshi let a single tear drop "Thank you. I will always be there to support you." She said in a more quiet tone.

Honestly Eiji couldn't really picture Hoshi in front of a classroom, but then again maybe she would be really good at it. "If I need anything, I'll give you a heads-up," he said as she stood up and bowed. The tear did not escape his sight, but he didn't comment on it. There was nothing more for him to say. She had messed up and left him there to deal with the whole situation by himself. Luckily it had somehow turned out to be okay. "I hope your visit to your family will go well," he said after she finished talking. He put the paper with the information of her extended leave on one of the piles on his desk. At least this whole deal was settled now.

Getting up from the bow, Hoshi nodded "I hope so too. I'll see you in between a week and a month then, Eiji. And thank you being an incredible person to work alongside with." She said before turning around and opening the door "Good bye." Were her final words to him before she went outside, closing the door behind her. She really did feel lucky to have worked alongside him, and hoped that even if they won't work together on a regular basis, that they will still have a chance of seeing each other from time to time. He was a good person to have as a friend.

[/spoili]

[fieldbox="Ino Namikaze, #FFF370"]
"No One was Found"
Near the River and Fire Province border, Early Morning

As everyone woke up, "Yuno" looked at a couple who seemingly slept across from her, and they both returned a rather tense stare. Fuki, noticing this, got up and raised his voice "Alright everyone, I know this wasn't the best of rests, but seeing how we dont want to delay miss Yuno longer than needed, we oughta get ready to move as quickly as possible. Daylight is precious!" He said, to which everyone nodded except the two kids, who appeared to be still half sleeping. Giro and Fuki both went to properly wake them up, and the others started packing their sleeping bags and cleaning up the area.

Barely moments after they were all prepared, the man from the couple approached Yuno and attempted to grab her right arm. Upon giving him a slip with quick movements, she recieved a sharp, suspicious look from him "Mind coming with me for a second, Yuno?" He asked, and she turned to look at him "I'm slightly busy. Roshi needs his breakfast before we starting moving."

Catching a glimpse in his eyes towards her arm, she quickly managed to slip away from his grasp "You know, it is impolite to try and grab a woman without her permission, just like it is impolite to kiss a person out of the blue, or use civilians as cover. But seeing as you only did one of those, I suppose I could let it slip, unless you want to try ag-" But before she could finish her sentence, he placed his right hand against his mouth and his left hand against her neck, revealing he has a kunai hidden under his sleeve "Let me suggest to you again. How about you come with me for a second, Yuno?" He asked as he slowly started to escort her away, and a woman who was watching moved away from the group at the same time.

"Did you really think we wouldn't catch what you were trying to do here, Yuno? Or should I call you Namikaze? I always get confused with names." He said as they kept walking away from the group, and soon the woman joined them "My friend also spotted someone on his foot, disguised as a beetle, listening in. The only reason we didnt mind was because he instantly knew who it was. Shame really, if you hadn't done that we might've just let you live. But now we can not only get to Konohagakure as refugees, but even ones who caught the elusive Ino Namikaze! How long has it been since you were last there? 15 years? Must be touching. I'm sure they will put you right next to your traitor father's grave. Trying to betray both Konoha and-"

"Enough. Lets get rid of her and get back before it takes us too long." He said and stopped on the spot, driving the kunai blade a bit too deep into Ino's skin and making her slightly bleed. As the woman went and stood in front of her, she noticed her expression has not changed. No fear, no worry, no expression at all "Looks like even being caught won't make the infamous Ino Namikaze sweat. Perhaps the actual touch of death will." The woman said as she took out of her pocket a small piece of paper which was soon revealed to be none other than an explosive tag. She placed it by Ino's legs while the man removed the kunai from Ino's neck and started tying her up instead, while also touching the tag for a brief moment to ensure he can activate it.

Make slow and steady movements with her legs, she managed to get the tag to become stuck to the sole of her shoe which she slowly made loose. Upon it becoming fully loose, Ino waited for the right moment. Her arms were now tied up in a manner which made it impossible for her to form seals, but that did not mean she could not use any techniques, being glad she had a couple she did not need seals to use. As the man stepped back and the woman formed three shadow clones, Ino started counting down from ten.

The woman and her clones were forming the same seals from different corner around Ino. She had to get this right, or she will still get blown up. Upon getting to one, she turned around to face the man, who formed the activation seal and mouthed "goodbye" to Ino. Doing a high kick towards one of the clones, she managed to get it to hit the clone before the barrier could begin to form and quickly turned around to have her back to the clone which soon exploded with the tag and her shoe. The explosion also caught the man by surprise and tossed him against a tree, while the woman managed to dodge it by having a clone cover her. She now had one clone left, and her partner was temporary knocked out.

"You bastard Konoha missing-nin." The woman said as she made her way to Ino, who was slightly on fire due to the close proximity to the explosion and had a few burns on the back side of her body. Upon hearing the footsteps of her come close, she let out a stream of wind from her mouth, bringing her quickly to her feet and also making the woman stop and block the wind from getting to her eyes for a brief moment. As soon as she moved her hand, she just barely managed to block an incoming kick, but then quickly let go upon seeing Ino form a few seals.

While the woman jumped away, her clone came and started to focus on waking her partner up. But before the clone could get a proper response from the unconscious man, a sudden smoke cloud that appeared where Ino just were caught her attention instead, and the growl and killing intent that came from the cloud would catch the clone by surprise, making it freeze while it got jumped at by a rather small looking panther, who used its opportunity to bite the clone in the neck, making it vanish, and then quickly turn to take care of the man by placing its claws on the man's neck and soon enough, the man's neck had four long, new holes in it that ensured he would never wake up.

The killing intent that came from the cloud also caught the real woman by surprise, as it was never mentioned in the files that Ino ever knew how to use killing intent. While frozen in the spot, the woman could just barely see Ino forming a few seals, and then what could only be described as an incredibly dense dust came right at her, slowly tearing through her skin and eventually through her flesh too. What remained of the woman collapsed to the ground, shaking for a brief moment before stopping.

Dropping on her knee, she looked at the two bodies and then at Kakashi, who came to her "I don't suppose you want to get rid of the bodies right away?" He asked, and Ino shook her head "I don't, but take them with you. Make sure there are no signs of blood in the ground either. Make it look like a dog disturbed the ground while looking for something that was buried here. I'll summon you to me in a bit again, I'll have more bodies with me to dispose of." She told him, and he nodded. Getting up and looking at herself, she sighed. Now she still had to get rid of the remainder of the people, according to the orders she received.

Riding on Roshi, Ino was wearing fresh clothes. It was nearly dusk by then, and she still had another day of travel before arriving back in Konohagakure. Eliminating the remainder of the people in that group was more simplistic that she thought it would be, as after getting rid of the two men that did have experience in fighting, it took her little effort. The remaining woman and man tried protecting the children, and once the man failed, the woman told the two children to run. Kakashi ensured the children would not get far. Then all of the bodies went with Kakashi to the land of the panthers, and alongside the bodies any blood soaked earth, while ensuring the earth would look like an animal dug through it.

She burned all of the belongings of the people, including her blood soaked clothes. No evidence that these people ever arrived in Akino. While it did not go exactly as she initially planned, her plan did deliver the results she wished to see. By using an old alias of hers, from her time as a missing-nin, she managed to lure out the exact people she was looking for, being those who knew to look for her. Members of the Sunagakure military forces, or at least, ones who were more careful, making the two people who found out about her most likely be ANBU that let their guards down. Sunagakure needed to learn how to pick better operatives, she thought to herself.

Upon returning to the Sworn Swords, Ino would report that her mission, to see if there are any refugees from Sunagakure and to find out if they are spies or not, has resulted in her finding no one at all, and there was no evidence of anyone ever entering Akino from that direction.[/fieldbox]

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: FrostedCaramel
[fieldbox= Hiraku Hyuuga]

Hiraku frowned slightly, stopping and bowing a bit towards the girl that threatened to kick him. "Our reason is a direct order. I-" He saw water fly past him towards Neji, and he stopped speaking. He frowned outright, now, and activated his Byakugan. "As head of the Hyuuga clan, I say that this ends now before it begins. I don't have any power over you two, but my position might hold some weight with your highers. Neji, I'm going to ask you to ignore these two. You two, I'm going to ask you to leave us be unless you don't care that fighting us might make more fear and anger for the citizens of your own village." He hoped that pulling some form of rank here would slow this down, but he was more or less about ready to contact anyone who would listen over the communicators for help in ending this without much violence.

[/fieldbox]

Yone Tsuji
Genin of Ame Team 19,
Amegakure.

Bugger off, this isn't your city nor province!

Watching how Sho shot a ball of water at the Uchiha, Yone wasn't certain if she was right but she noticed that it was a similar move she had seen at a Godai match. Was Sho somebody who played in a team? That was cool.
Realising that she had allowed herself to be distracted the teen would watch how the Uchiha would react. He had probably anticipated that Sho would do such a thing or just been paranoid - or better: scared - and thus prepared somehow or whenever the Body Replacement technique. Causing Yone to scoff lightly. The teen would wait as her problem wasn't with either Sho or the Uchiha. It was with the Hyuuga who acted as if this was someplace he was owning and had more reason to be in than they had. Where did he even get the idea from? Arrogant...

Hearing the words of the Uchiha, who seemed now more ready to fight Sho, Yone couldn't help but snicker for a second. She wasn't a fan of violence but also not a stranger. What did made her snicker were the words of the Uchiha. He first asked Sho if he wanted a fight as if that hadn't been cleared out. While the Uchiha tried to seem more intimidating and what not Yone would turn her attention towards the Hyuuga.

And then she couldn't believe her ears.

This guy proclaimed himself as the leader of the Hyuuga? Was he for real? Staring at the 'leader' Yone couldn't help but to stare for a second and then erupt in laughter. What was up with that 'threat'? One, what evidence did he have that he was in charge of the renowned Hyuuga clan?
Two, why would they need to fear that he would hold some heavier influence with the local authorities? Everybody in the Academy learned that the Hyuuga were settled in the Imperial capital and even then what. What would he do? Cry and whine to the higher ups that his leadership position wasn't recognised? Or perhaps that he wasn't being worshipped as his clan did at home? What a joke.
"Well, well, a noble eh? Don't sport that much fancy about you."
Spitting on the ground the amusement would flow off Yone's face as she shot Hiraku a glare.
"Not sure how they can endure a flat-faced jerk that parades around as if he owns the entire empire back in the capital but doubt that you hold much influence here, 'oh grand leader'. What a joke. What are you going to do? Run off and complain that I didn't kiss your ass or lick your boots? Come on, humour me. Are you going to send me away cause I refuse to acknowledge your greatness? Perhaps know what?" The teen would smirk as she lifted her chin a bit up towards Hiraku's direction.

"You can start making up with apologising and bow lower so that you can kiss my boots. How does that sound, eh? Or..."

Spreading her arms Yone would take two steps forward while locking a challenging look on Hiraku.
"Or do you feel that you should now strike me down. I mean, if you feel like then go ahead. Show how brave the leader of the Hyuuga is to a mere citizen of the Rain province and the empire. Come on piss-bug! Or just run off and cry to anybody who can endure that foul air that emits from your mouth before somebody teaches you how teeth taste like!"
With raising her volume Yone was certain that more people would be attracted to the location. She didn't care that much. It was even better for her. He had proclaimed himself as the leader of the Hyuuga, thus becoming the visual representation of his clan and people in front of all these people. If he would strike at her then it wouldn't just justify that she was allowed to fight back but it would drag both his claim and his clan through the mud. Just to the level he probably considered them being at.

Apologies but I found it quite amusing to write this and fitting to use. No personal intent or feelings were used while writing this post!

[fieldbox="Sho Deshuga, lightblue"]
Team Some Number Chuunin | On the Streets

There it was. The reaction. And a good reaction at that. The red eyes and everything, appearing right before his nose and glaring. Sho smirked. Of course the Uchiha was clearly stupid because he asked Sho if he wanted a fight. Duh! If he didn't want a fight he wouldn't have attacked the guy. So Sho stared back in the red eyes, grin on his face. This was honestly what he needed right now. Some guy who thought he was quite a lot because of his stupid Uchiha name. "Look at your sudden confid-"

Sho was interrupted by the Uchiha's Hyuuga friend who out of nowhere tried to break of the fight by proclaiming loudly that he was the Hyuuga clan leader. Sho turned his eyes away from the Sharingan for a moment to stare with the most unimpressed look at the boy. This was the Hyuuga clan head. Yeah right. The Hyuuga clan head was a sixteen year old kid that just strolled through Amegakure because he felt like it. That made no fucking sense. Not to mention, what did that even help him at this point? Hyuuga weren't an Amegakure clan. They weren't big and strong anywhere really. They only thing they had going for them were their weird as fuck eyes. And no one liked those. They were probably even worse than the freaking Sharingan of the Uchiha before him. He opened his mouth to yell all that at the guy's face when... Yone beat him to the punch again. Now he was staring at the girl. What was up with this person? She was taunting the guy just as much as he would have done after those ridiculous words. Pretty good insults even. Sho's eyebrow twitched.

In frustration he turned back to Neji. What did it matter anyway. He was not here to fight the weird ass Hyuuga. Clan leader or not (though he still seriously doubted that, and didn't care of it at the same time). He was here to beat up an Uchiha he had met before. A wimp Uchiha. Like they all were. Yone might have the brains and restrains to think about the implications of the Hyuuga hitting her, for Sho there was only the idea that he really needed a fight. And he wanted to beat up this Neji guy.

"Ignorning that guy," he said, turning back to Neji with his red eyes. "let's get this started." And with that Sho send a right uppercut towards Neji's chin followed up by a kick with his left foot towards the boy's abdomen.

[/fieldbox]

A talk between friends,
Amegakure - The office of the Amekage's assistant.

A collab between Fieryfly and Lesli.

Summary :
Aiko and Eiji have a meeting in which the former has debriefed the latter about some new developments. Together they formulate the start of a new approach to the entire threat that the Zealots pose in the province of the Rain with also sharing some information, in hope that they will be able to corner their foes and take them down.

[spoili]
"And then that happened," Aiko told Eiji, rounding up her briefing. She wasn't really happy but there was no reason to be happy about the current situation. The enemy had managed to get their hands on a communicator, thus ending a cutting edge she and her team could have. It further had demoralized the team and frustrated Aiko as she wasn't sure who the Zealots had managed to capture. Either Sayuri or Tatsuya had been captured and possibly had already met a grim end. The jounin hoped that the remainder of the team would take it as a serious lesson that they should listen to her orders instead of just going off on what they considered best.

"I almost forgot, sorry," producing a sealed envelop from a pocket Aiko would place it on Eiji's desk. There was an image of a snarling wolf inprinted on the red wax, the crest and symbol of the Hon clan and heralding thus a letter from Zakito Hon. She hadn't been able to read what had been written down but through the Dragon Seal she had already been informed of what Zakito thought of the situation of Amegakure. It was anything but pleasant, that was certain.

"Eiji Emiya, Assistant of the Amekage and current regent of the imperial province, the Rain, of the Akinian Empire.

I write this letter from Konohagakure as it hopefully will arrive you from my more secretive network. The last bits of news that I have caught and received from the province and certainly the provincial capital of the Rain hasn't been very pleasing. I am sure that you can agree with me on that.
That being one of the reasons, I will not allow her royal grace travel towards Amegakure to participate in the event of picking out a new Amekage. This can be tedious for you and the other officials in the province, I am certain that might become the case but the health and security of her royal grace are of paramount importance. Certainly, with the ongoing threats, it would just be asking for a disaster that could result in more ugly scenarios.

The news of miss Hoshi Miwa stepping down has already reached me. I will state that this is both grim and absolutely unacceptable. While I can understand her loss her occupation isn't just to her family. If that was the case then sooner or later the realm would be facing with constant retirements of people losing loved ones during their tenure. While there is a certain autonomy accepted within the imperial provinces is what miss Miwa did in conflict with the laws of the realm. Where it not for her grief I would have taken a sanction against both miss Miwa and letting an inspection happen at how capable the officials in the Rain are with knowing how far their provincial autonomy stretches.
Regarding the unrest, I would have to send a legion to march in and re-establish order in a more harsh fashion, the advice of my wife has led me to believe that you're a competent man. I will hold off on taking measurements out of respect and knowing that it might not help as much as I hope it would but do know that the Zealots need to be subdued in. And soon if you and your officials don't wish for any solutions I would have.
Note that while this letter might be anything but positive on your mood as I am certain you're dealing with the problems that I will be following as good as I can from the capital how the situation is developing. If you wish to write a letter back then make certain that it is delivered to miss Cho-Hon. She will know how to make it reach me without much chance for the Zealots to intercept it.

Strength and honour in this time of need,

Written by,
Zakito Hon, leader of the Hon clan, First Division Major General and Imperial confidante of her royal grace."

That was quite a bit to take in. Eiji went over Aiko's words in his thoughts as he accepted the letter with the wolf seal. The news that two people of Aiko's team had been taken was worrying, but more so that the enemy now had a communicator to work with. Yes, it was sad to lose recruits, but if that would stop him everytime he would never get anything done. He let his eyes glide over the words of the Jounin Commander of Akino. Most of it was to be expected. Eiji wouldn't even have accepted a visit from the Empress at this point. He could not guarantee the safety of his city, even though it pained him to think that. He wanted Amegakure to be safe, to be great, to be peaceful, but the truth was that it wasn't and he wasn't going to lie about it.

The second remark was also to be expected. Hoshi stepping down caused issues though he was glad that there wasn't going to be an inspection. Not because he had anything to hide, but rather, it would just take so much time. And he didn't have time this moment. Besides he was glad that the Jounin Commander could see that grief sometimes did cloud the mind eventhough it was entirely unacceptable from a shinobi.

It was also nice to know that Aiko was vouching for him though he was beginning to wonder if that confidence was just. So far during his reign over this city since Ryoku had disappeared many horrible things had happened. And sure that wasn't all his fault, but it was his responsibility. He didn't feel like he had done a good job with it honestly, but maybe it was the best he could do.

He looked up to Aiko when he finished reading. "Thank you," he said. "For the confidence that is. And for the letter too." He pulled an empty sheet of paper towards him. "If you give me a moment I will send him a reply. While I write, are you planning on returning to Konoha now that things have somewhat settled down here or do you intent to stay and look for your students. I can lend you some resources or keep an eye out if you don't have time for it?"

Waiting in silence so that Eiji could read the letter Aiko was thinking about what she should do. It was clear that she had to form and make sure that the remainder of her group was capable of operating further. Not to mention that she had to discuss one little detail about one of the missing genin but first things first. "Hm? No problem," she said, flashing a smile after her first reply. "I would love going back home. I realise that you want all the help to take care of the Zealots and my team is half strength from what we started with. Not really looking great but there is another problem that kind of prevents me from leaving."

Producing another envelop from her pocket she would place it on his desk. "This is the profile of one of the missing genin. I want both to be found, of course. The Uchiha is a relative of the clan leader so I rather want to have proof that I did everything I could here to either save or recover her body. The boy," tapping the envelop she had placed down his desk with her index finger, "Is.. special in his own way," straightening her back a worried expression moved on Aiko's face, "Not only is he a pupil of the Empress but there is a reason for that. The kid is the host of the Kyuubi. It is one of the best guarded secrets of the realm as the public believes and only has been informed that the Nine Tails has been sealed in another person, who serves as decoy but if the enemy has managed to capture Tatsuya... I imagine that I don't need to explain how grim this can be regarding the safety of this city or even the realm."

Eiji's expression grew serious. A relative of the Uchiha clan leader and on top of that the Jinchuuriki of the Kyuubi. That were two problematic genin to lose. Of all the people... Somehow that couldn't be a coincidence, or if it was, it was a creepy one. Eiji placed his pen down and shot a look over his letter before grabbing the envelop that Aiko was offering him. He scanned through the content really quick. "No, you don't need to explain that..." he said as he leaved through the papers. "I can and will lend you people to find..." he looked for the name again, "Tatsuya Hon." He placed the file down and turned back to his letter, folding the thing up and searching for an envelop in one of his drawers.

"I am aware of the risk that a Bijuu can bring. I have a Jinchuuriki in my own team, as you know. He has to be found." He found the envelop and put the letter inside before handing it over to Aiko. "What do you need?"

"Good. Could use any help I can get with it. Without, of course, people knowing of the fact what Tatsuya really is," she said while already assuming that Eiji would know how to direct his people into be of aid without breaking the trust that was placed on him. She wasn't really pleased when she had learned of the fact that the genin was the jinchuriki and not Koike. It meant that the latter had known of the risks and Aiko wasn't sure if she should be proud of him carrying such a burden or worried about his safety. Pushing the worries about the young man away she focused on the conversation she was having with Eiji now.

"I will need a clear sweep of the city. It will be trying to find a needle in a hay bale but waiting for the enemy to reveal who they have isn't an option. The Zealots already declared that they know who and where my team is. This doesn't mean that we can't use it in our own advantage but I fear that the current composition of my team is too inexperienced in dealing with operations that are aimed at counter-intelligence or executing complicated tactics to lure out the Zealots. I was planning to pay a few people a visit to see if they have any connection to the Zealots but as you now know, I am a bit short on hands. Not sure if you have any teams or people to spare to also conduct such assignments to perhaps make this more of a joint-operation?"

No one could know about Tatsuya, that was very clear. If the whole thing had been secret from the start then it was even more a priority that it remained that. He nodded along with Aiko's words. "I can definitely give you some ANBU to work with. They should be the best at sweeping quickly and relatively undetected. That is their job in a way after all. I think I also have a free team for you to work with. As for those people you wish to talk to, I could either tell your their location, if I know them, or I can have them called to the office for you to save you some time." As he talked he swirled around in his chair towards one of his cabinets. He searched through some of the files to see who was around and relatively free.

"Great, much appreciated," she replied back. The idea that ANBU would be helping them was a relief. They really could use some professional aid seeing that both Koike and Katsu were already back at Konohagakure. Realising only now that the two could very well soon be on their way to the eastern continent Aiko felt a painful sting. She had hoped that her job in Amegakure wouldn't take this long but she wasn't so certain anymore. Which meant that she wouldn't be back on time in Konohagakure to wish the two a good journey and having a talk. Though she wasn't so sure what she would say other than that they had to come back if they didn't want to be lectured or something.

"Hmm, I would have rather surprised some people. Give them no chance to prepare anything for when being questioned. Then again if the Zealots are already aware of my team's presence in the city then doubt that I still hold the element of surprise on them," Aiko thought out loud, briefly pondering on what she would decide, "I need to have a word with all the candidates for the position of the Amekage, that is for certain. Think it is best to first have them come to the office without knowing that they will have an interview with me. Then there is the fact that I heard some rumours that Soru Deshuga had something to do with all the problems and that his son got involved into some conflict at a post-office? I want to see and speak with him but didn't have any time. Hmm, think it is best to just know where I can find him cause think that having an interview with a teen inside this building wouldn't really give much comfort for an open talk," thinking further Aiko decided that would do for now.

"By the way," she started, "Talking about Jinchuriki. If you might want to then I could also set up a transfer for Kuni to be at Konohagakure for the time being. Not that I doubt your capability of keeping her safe but just in case."

Eiji pulled out a file from the cabinet and when he heard what Aiko said he pulled out a second one before closing the drawer and turning back to the desk. "I can have the candidates called to this office for any kind of matter. They a Jounin under my command in a way so I can just tell them that it is for a job I have for them. As for Soru and his son..." He pushed one of the files towards Aiko. "Sho Deshuga is... a good kid," he said. He flipped the file open and pointed to a couple of lines on them. "Bit rough around the edges though. Not very... good at being nice. Regardless, this is his current address. You can read the file if you want, but I am going to want to get it back. As for a team," he pushed the second file towards Aiko, "I think this might work for what you need. Etsu Yabut is a very capable Jounin."

He paused for a moment when Aiko offered him to take away Kuni from the danger zone. He knew that it was probably the right thing to do because Konoha was no doubt safer, but at the same time... He didn't want to see her go. "I understand the concern for Kuni and I appreciate it. I would like to put the idea before Kuni before I am going to consent with that, if that is okay?"

Nodding as she listened to Eiji, Aiko would briefly read through the given profiles quickly. She was interested in reading about them and learning how she could use these people to acomplish her objectives but she would study them back at the barracks. Piling the files in a small pile Aiko would lift them up and hold them with her left hand. "Thanks, this will hopefully allow me to make some progress," she told him as she visibly pondered on his answer about her suggestion, "Yes. I haven't had any chance to see how she is but while I know that you care for her, much more and better than I ever could, we shouldn't forget what she carries. I will leave it up to you but I wouldn't care much for her consent if it were up to me," Aiko told him. It wasn't perhaps the most encouraging thing to say but she was certain that he was able to understand where she was coming from.

"I understand that," was all Eiji said. He understood that it honestly didn't matter what Kuni thought, but if anything he wanted to suggested it to her instead of just shipping her away without another word. Personal connections made everything more difficult. "Keep me posted on how the search is going. The ANBU that are stationed outside my office, I'll leave them in your care." he gave her a serious look. "I hope you find him soon. As well as the girl."

"Thanks. I will let you be notified as soon as I have discovered something," Aiko replied making a short bow. Not just only out of respect but also serving another purpose. Turning around on her heels with the files given Aiko already started to form a plan in her mind. With ANBU enlisted to her command, it would be of no doubt a possiblity that she could try to establish a counter-intelligence tactic or two against the Zealots. Maybe even giving her some breathing space to try to make sure that her team was ready for what would likely follow. Yet she didn't dare to hope that would happen given with what had happened before.
[/spoili]