A good... talk?​

Amegakure, in the centrum - a teahouse.

A collab that was written by Honorabru and Oetje.

Summary :
Mitsunari and Yone have a small meeting in which the former asks the latter on why she decided to desert her place among the team when the riots started. Yone give her answer and Mitsunari makes a decision.

[spoili]
Sitting down as he awaited the arrival of Yone, he would take a sip of the natural green tea he ordered while waiting. Some disliked the bland taste of the tea but to him it was perfect, hell made him wish he could replace one of his pupils for the tea maker just to always have this tea. Yet disregarding some of failure pupils he had, he was meeting with Yone today to discuss why she chose to run off. Normally he would keep to his word and throw her ass back to the academy but considering that was her first real crisis, he should see why she did what she did before making some big descions. After all he did have some belief that she could be a great shinobi one day, be a shame to throw her back to square one again.

She wasn't looking forward to it. Not at all. Luckily, the place wasn't a secluded one. There were likely people going to be nearby, which would hopefully make Mitsunari less prone to shout or raise his voice. Then again, what did she know of the man by just one interaction? A displeased expression flowed over Yone's face as she approached the teahouse where her sensei would be.
Opening the door Yone wandered her gaze over the visible interior. Spotting the jounin, the displeased expression had already make way for a blank one. Wouldn't really make things smoother if she would already give away that she wasn't feeling for a lecture.
"Good day, Mitsunari-sensei," Yone replied as she would approach the table where he sat, an apologising smile passing over her lips. Taking a seat, she would fold her hands on the table.
"Glad to see you made it out of the mayhem in one piece, heh?"

He didnt wait very long before his pupil would show up with a smile that said sorry. He returned it and motioned for her to sit. "Good day to you as well Yone." He replied with as she said she was glad he made it out in one piece. He took a sip of his tea and gave her a nod. "I'm glad you were able to find safety as well, so would you like anything to drink before we start our little chat? It's on me." Giving the offer he would fold his hand and place them on the table not showing any look of annoyance or anger. Just a calm expression for right now.

Was he treating her on a drink? If there weren't already enough reasons to suspect that this wouldn't go well, the man was now making it very mixed. The teen became warier than she already had been from the start.
"I suppose so. Some milk might do just fine," she told him. Leaning a bit back, Yone tried to subtly eye the man. Not seeing anything that made her wary that he would snap or shout at her.
"So what now?" She asked, not eager to just prolong the inevitable with just some chit chat.

Nodding he ordered her milk and she seemed quick to get to the point which caused him to sigh in relief and smile. "Okay glad you want to hurry this up as well. I'm more use to just screaming at you children whenever you do something stupid. So getting to the point is much easier. Just tell me why you ran. I promise as long as your reason isn't 'I didn't wanna' I won't yell. I can promise you this, despite the fact you ran, you still were probably more useful than Kona was." Mitsunari said now a more serious expression written on his face as her drink would arrive just as he finished speaking.

Crossing her arms out front of her chest Yone raised her eyebrows slightly while listening to Mitsunari. Briefly, she wondered if Kona had done something that had caused problems upon hearing she had been more useful than her team member.
"My reason? I guess it isn't that hard to guess if you look at who you asked me to be near with. In a violent situation," Yone started, raising her chin slightly to look more confident.
"One of them is noted down as a murderer. Somebody who has murdered a fellow kunoichi, while from what I heard is that there wasn't any questioning if the wounded kunoichi was an ally or enemy. Not really keen on entering any violent atmosphere with somebody being near me. Prefer not to be pelted by half a dozen kunai, thank you very much," the teen replied. She briefly thought about Sho, which made her slightly frown.
She held little to no real sympathy for the chuunin. He was rude and seemed to be just fixated on himself. But he had tried to help others, hadn't he? Remembering that he had barged in the post office when it had been attacked, Yone couldn't push herself to clarify that having an 'ally' such as Sho nearby wasn't motivating either.

"And I have no real experience in combat. I g-guess that I wasn't feeling up for it," Yone at first muttered softly, "What use could I have been? I barely know anything and then you expect me to flourish in combat? In a situation where every action can only make it worse during or afterwards? Yeah, no thanks man."

As he listened to her he would nod along and couldn't truly fault her for what transpired. They just got off a incident at the post office were the shinobi rep went down more then up, All beacuse of his one pupil brutally murdering someone. Yet he listened to her until she finished speaking, which he took time to think about what to say, not once showing any different expression besides his serious one. He took a sip of his tea before looking her dead in the eyes.
"If you had said anything else I would have called bullshit on you, but considering that was your first time meeting everyone else and such a situation was thrown upon you, I can't fault you for what happened. If I'm being honest this is my first time leading a team, I more so have been doing missions by myself. So I probably let things slide when I shouldn't. Can't blame you for not wanting to be near Kona, hell I thought it was a mistake letting her off with only my sister. As for combat well thats an easy fix, I can train you for combat situations."
Mitsunari would pause to take a drink and rub his forhead with a slight frown on his face.
"I'm not really good at this whole consoling thing, but how about this. I don't expect anything from you until you say you personally say you can do it. So a deal I propose. You stay with the team and try to get more use to them, and I will train you either with everyone or alone up to you, to be more ready for situations like last time. Hell you don't even have to meet Kona if you wish, I won't force you. As for Sho well think of him like boiling water. Hes fine at first and only boils if you cause him to."

It was a bit surprising that he was so 'direct'. Judging on her Academy teachers had been, this man wasn't anything of what she had expected. A quick glance was thrown in the direction of her the glass of milk, delivered to their table, for her.
Returning her attention back at Mitsunari, Yone remained silent as the man continued. The fact that he proposed a compromise while allowing her to stick with the team.
"Huh," picking up her glass Yone wasn't certain at the moment how she should respond now. For some unfound reason, the teen didn't want to seem pleased or content. There was the still sliver of doubt that the man would condemn her for fleeing and ignoring a command to join him and others into an uncertain fray.
"I suppose that is a deal I can't refuse. But that is all to it? Nothing more or less, right?" Yone asked, bringing the glass half up to her lips as if she was worried that the moment she would take a sip that she would be stuck with the deal.

"I'm not forcing you to accept nothing, you can decline and request a transfer if you so wish. You can also stay and try and improve yourself and the doubt you have about the others. I can't promise they will improve, but I'll sure as hell try to improve the teamwork. Again up to you Yone, I want you to stay on the team yet i won't force you. So what do you say?" He would ask the young woman as he finished the rest of his tea, and would once again fold his hands on the table as he patiently waited for her answer.

Taking a sip of her drink Yone weighted the possible options - at least, the ones she considered to be open and available. Putting down the glass Yone would cross her arms once more, before replying back to Mitsunari.
"Very well, I will stay in the team. Somebody has to teach me how to fight and cope with some... situations better," she started, flashing a small smile, though she did seem a bit nervous about her decision, "I will give it another shot then, seeing that you're willing to do the same. It is a deal."
Nodding to emphasise that she would agree Yone would pick up her glass again.

Hearing she would stay brought a smile to his face. "I'm glad to hear that, I'll try my hardest to make sure you are ready for anything else in the future. Glad I can still work with you, not gonna lie. Somedays I wanna smack Sho, boy has enough attitude to make me want to take up drinking. Need a pupil that won't always yell at me for telling you to do something." Mitsunari said as he proceeded to stand up.
"Well I have to do some business to do what with Eiji promoting me. Who knew how much paperwork would be increased with one simple promotion. Anyway whenever you want to start training just send me a message Yone."

Emptying her glass a faint smile flowed over the teenager's lips after hearing what Mitsunari stated. "Understandable," she just replied, not hiding the fact that the line regarding Sho was amusing her.
She was a bit surprised and unsure what kind of promotion Mitsunari meant but it wasn't of her concern she imagined. "Will do. Thanks," the last word followed, though it was clear that the teen wasn't certain if she should have voiced that. Getting up she would salute the man before taking her leave.
[/spoili]

[fieldbox=Rumors and tension, royalblue]

Mika Hayashi
Kirigakure Jounin | Team 14 | Kirigakure, city centre

Surprisingly she didn't need to wait that long for the team to arrive. The first to arrive was the newcomer. His profile didn't show much of curious development or features, in Mika's opinion. He didn't have it that great, with his home situation, had changed recently. Something about a fire, if her memory served her right. Nodding just to the genin, she gestured that he should wait. Hopefully, not too long. Ignoring his apology the woman watched the market once more. She knew that trying to spot any insurgent or confidante of the people who claimed to revive the Suzu clan. How they would resurrect a dead clan was beyond Mika, but she wasn't keen on letting them succeed.

Thinking about the matter Mika almost didn't hear Shin approaching. Twisting her head slightly, she caught sight of the other genin and heard his question, aimed at her. "Seems so," she responded in a short phrase. It wouldn't come off as a surprise for Shin that Mika wasn't interested or eager to engage in a light-hearted conversation.
Then Aya Oda arrived. Mika would eye the genin for a second, not appear more interested than she had been with the others - which wasn't really, but Mika was genuinely wondering how the genin was doing. Not because of their last conversation, but because she was different. Something Mika would keep to herself, wagering that nobody would like to hear or know her thoughts.

"Okay, listen up. I am going to say this once and thus won't repeat myself. Got that? Good," Mika started, on the usual cold tone, "We got a new member. Nami did well on the last mission, but she isn't a member of our team and just was an aid for one operation. So don't start bothering me why she isn't here. Just focus on what we're going to do and if you feel like you miss then you can search her up later for all I care," the woman stated. "Today we'll be heading out of the city. There are rumours that the dead are rising from the graves in the countryside. There have been various people who had no troubling background or much ground to suspect them to just feed the tension that is growing in the city. Yet a large search or action won't be held for various and reasonable reasons, cause it might be a lure from the insurgents to draw capable forces out of the city and start to pick them off. We're thus going instead, lucky us. Seeing that we can't count on any watch or other forces to have our back when a fight might conjure, I need each of you on your sharpest. That doesn't mean that we're looking to pick a fight, but that we are the only ones who can cover each other's back. Remember that well and follow me. The time is now that we're going to work and come back with some good results..."

A few hours later,
Countryside, just around ten ~ fifteen miles away from the walls of Kirigakure.

Leading the group out of the city at a good pace, Mika would allow the genin to have two breaks. Not because she decided to be nice, but pushing them to the limit on a mission wouldn't do her much good. Considering that they would have to cover a lot of ground to get the results and answers she wanted to find, the jounin wanted that the genin would be capable of moving some work. Eventually, they would reach a small gathering of houses. In the vale in which Kirigakure was found, there were various of these gatherings. The majority being of people who worked and lived in very small communities - compared to the national capital of the Republic - who worked on the land. Some didn't know better while others had taken up this 'simple' living to be away from the busy urban life that one would encounter in Kirigakure. There were a few homesteads that were the property of more wealthy families, but those weren't on Mika's list to visit for on this mission.

Thus arriving in such a small hamlet the team would meet up with a man, that seemed to be in the middle of his thirties. He would explain that various people had heard wailing before seeing people in the distance walk around. Most often during the evening when the dark of the night made it hard to see what was going on or at the occasional fog during the morning. During the talk of the man it became evident that he wasn't feeling too comfortable with the whole talk and even at the end requested them with an almost desperate tone to get rid of the walking dead.

Waiting for the man to return to his work Mika would turn to her team. "Well, guess this is going to be the start then. We can either start to question the people in this hamlet or start to investigate the nearby forest and site. Whatever is happening is bound to have some tracks or traces that we can use to gather to some answers. Shin and Aya, you two will start to ask some people here some questions. Be mindful that they won't be eager to talk about it. Try to thus to be somewhat tactful, cause if you're going to get punched then it is your own fault. In fact," Mika frowned slightly, "I will likely hang you upside down a tree to make you learn to be cautious with words if either of you two ends up making trouble. You," the woman turned her head to look at the newcomer, Taishiro, "You're coming with me. We will be searching for some tracks and evidence in the forest and sites nearby. Within two hours we will gather at the centre of the hamlet. If something does go wrong, light an explosive or flash tag up as high as you can. We will then try to move back to the place where we held our second break on the way. Might that not work, then just try to get back to the city as soon as you can. I will search for a day, but you all just need to follow this protocol. Now, get going."

[/fieldbox]

Reactions: zane620
[fieldbox=Shin Yuki]

Shin noticed Aya arrive, shrugging slightly before looking back towards Mika. It didn't seem like Aya to be later than him, and that made him think she might be down, which wouldn't help the village. He looked towards Mika, listening to what she had to say, silently 'ahh'ing upon hearing that Nami wasn't another replacement, but instead a temporary guest. He paled slightly at the rest of the speech, not overly fond of the idea of the dead walking around, especially if he had to deal with it. Of course, he knew they'd be easier to freeze than regular people, if they were actually dead, but it still put him a little bit on edge.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Through the travels, Shin had tried to think about other possibilities of why the dead were supposedly walking. He had heard a rumor or two before about it, but he'd paid it no mind, but with his team actually going to check on it now, it seemed a lot more truth was in the rumors than he had expected. For a while during the trip, Shin was still a bit worried about the thought of the dead walking again, figuring that if death couldn't keep them, they'd likely not be able to stop them, however he also began to use what he knew to try and think around the possibility and come to a different conclusion. His current thoughts on the matter were that if Aya had actually seen a dead body in that warehouse, then it was probably one of these 'walking dead,' which would mean that the warehouse was linked to these events, and that the dead weren't actually walking. He knew it was unlikely that the dead were walking, and he also knew that his conclusion was only his thought, but it still brought him comfort to have thought of a different option.

Shin scratched the back of his head as he listened to his orders. He gave a quick acknowledgement of his orders before looking to Aya. He would wait for her to be ready to go before starting to head off. "Aya, you swear you saw a body in that warehouse? Think it's connected to all of this?" He wasn't so much asking for her opinion as he was asking for confirmation from someone he trusted to help the village. He hoped to get just one confirmation that it might be connected so he could rule out the dead actually walking in his mind, and act like it's the least likely case.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Revelations - the sins of a daimyo?, lightsalmon]
Betrayed or lied to?
Is there a difference?

A collab between Aliceee and Gerontis,

Summary :
Satoshi Jun - the commander of the Lightning country's forces in the Wolf country - enters the medical tent where Asami Sanosuke - the Raikage Assistant - is resting after being brought into the camp. The young woman shares the story of how she ended up on the shore of the Wolf country and reveals who had attacked her.

[spoili]
Walking towards the area where the tents for the medical teams and camp followers were set, Satoshi was content upon seeing the extra guards that he had placed on duty. Perhaps some of them didn't enjoy the rather dull watch, there were reasons behind the commander's decision. It was still, after all, a mystery how the Red Devil herself had ended up on the beach. Certainly with the report stating that there was enough evidence to back up that it wasn't a decision made by the woman or the remaining crew. For not being certain what thus had happened Satoshi had decided to tighten the security as well assign some of his own retinue to guard the tent of Asami.

Nearing the tent the present guards would salute as one would hold open a flap so that Satoshi could enter the tent. "Good afternoon ma'am," Satoshi said as his eyes needed a moment to adjust to the darker lighting in the tent, "Hope that you're feeling well."

"Feel like shit."

Asami narrowed her eyes as she sat up right. Her right arm was wrapped in bandages as some band-aid was plastered against her right cheek and right side of her neck. The aching of passing pain didn't improve her already foul mood, but the woman hadn't made any demands or requests. In fact, she had remained rather calm and distant while she had been treated. "Commander Jun, correct?" Asami asked, frowning slightly, "Younger brother of Nariko Jun, right?"

Taking a few steps forward, Satoshi would nod. A glance was thrown around made it clear that he couldn't sit really anywhere. It was a fact, after all, that she wasn't under his command. For that, she was too high ranked. But he wasn't either obliged to obey any of her commands, which created a most interesting situation in his opinion. "Yes, ma'am," Satoshi would just kneel down on one knee, "Am indeed the younger sibling. Are you well known with the jounin commander?"

"Not really, no. My work is orientated on other... subjects." Asami said, pausing for a moment. "I do wonder. Have you informed anybody back at home that I am now here?" The woman asked, already thinking about what her next steps should be.

"No. I figured it would be best to focus on making sure that you would get patched up and some other pressing matters," Satoshi answered. He was quite curious but had enough patience. "And, of course, learning on how you stranded on the shore. Am glad that my troops found you and not the hostiles that we have encountered before."

"Thanks." Asami mumbled, becoming silent for a moment. Then she started to talk. Telling Satoshi on how she had been on her way towards the Akinian Empire, planning to go to the Sea Keep. The fact that she had travelled over sea instead of on land was due to the fact she was supposed to travel to the capital of the Republic afterwards. Only to be ambushed on the open sea by hostile contact. A fierce fight had broken out between the few ships under her command and their assaulters. While they had managed to put up a fierce defence, the enemy was too numerous. The ship she had been on was rammed and just before the world had turned black she was sure of it. During the battle, there wasn't much time or chance to spot the flag that the enemy vessels carried. But the flag was of the personal crest of the Ranzaki Daimyo. "And then the next thing I know is that I woke up in a tent with two medic personnel patching me up. Learning that I am on the other continent than I should be,"

Hearing the tale on how she had ended up in the camp Satoshi was disturbed. A force of the daimyo had assaulted her convoy, but why? The rumours from home had reached the camp before, regarding the late feudal lord been assassinated and the oldest son on the run. But it was too far away for him to deal with it or worry too much about it. He had his own objectives in the Wolf country and doubted it would do much good to turn around and head back home. "Well, that makes this entire situation quite... inconvenient. If the daimyo forces are after you, then I might be a traitor if I offer you a place to stay at the camp. But with the mess going back home," Satoshi thought for a second and then shrugged lightly, "Can't say that I ever considered myself much of a loyalist for the feudal lord." The commander stated, saluting to emphasise his words.

She stared at the commander, already clenching her hands into fists. Not a stranger to betrayal Asami was already preparing for the moment that she would be deemed a traitor. Likely drawing her last breath but not without an attempt to fight and sell her hide expensive. With Satoshi's decision, however, her eyes widened for a moment. A soft smile crossed her lips as she shook her head. "Can't say that I am surprised, but very well. Makes two of us. Only what now then? I am supposed to be heading towards the capital of the Akinian Empire."

Thinking about that problem Satoshi already had a plan. "I just know who I can send. I shall make sure that you'll be guarded by the best troops I have at my order. Once you have rested, we will talk later." The commander told her as he would rise up.

"Thanks, commander," Asami replied back, nodding. As he left, a soft sigh would escape her. Closing her eyes she contemplated how things had gone for her. While certain that it was the crest of the Lightning daimyo that the hostile vessels carried with them Asami couldn't fathom a reason why she would be desired dead by either the young feudal lord or his regent.

[/spoili]

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=The hunter becomes hunted?, violet]

Team 8 Collab,
Amegakure - noon.

Summary :
Team 8 gathers and holds a debriefing where they receive afterwards a lecture from Aiko. Once done, the jounin passes on a training assignment. One where they must find and track a hidden target, in order to learn how to recognise and combat some tactics of insurgents. However, something else happens that disturbs the training.

[spoili]
With the chaos and strife in the city over Aiko's mood hadn't gotten any better. She wanted to leave it, head back home and be with her family and kin. For the past two days the woman had led the team with short commands, keeping the team collected and under firm control. Next to watching for any indication or hint of the Soru insurgents or Zealots Aiko made them also be on watch for any signal, information or hint to the lost members. The woman was quite disappointed by the sudden disappearance of both Sayuri Uchiha and Tatsuya Hon. The latter did give more cause for reason. With what she had learned from communicating over the Dragon Seal made it clear that the boy had something that they should recover. Fast.

As it was growing more evident that there wouldn't be any outburst of violence Aiko decided to make the team assemble on a rooftop, near point Delta. With the patrol that they did earlier this day they would arrive in a group. A silence would follow as Aiko had ordered that there wouldn't be any need for speaking unless a question or important matter could be brought up. Failing to do so would result in punishment. Something she wasn't keen on, but after the sloppy manner how the group had worked and that she was certain that they could use some more discipline - together with the absence of her patience - Aiko decided that being dreaded was a better alternative than risking missions.

Appearing out of the rain in front of the four remaining members Aiko's eyes glared at each of them from under the cover of her raincoat. "So, with things having calmed down by a bit, I figure that we have a moment to spare for a debriefing. I want each of you to speak up and state what you have experienced, done and would have done differently on the day of when the rioters started to kick some unrest up," Aiko instructed on a cold and harsh tone.

Waiting at the spot sensei told them all to wait at, Kazumo would sit by himself with the others while awaiting sensei's arrival. A lot of bizzare crap went down and two of them were still missing and one perished on the job. One of his fellow clan members, Shizu Sarutobi. Wasn't that Koike's wife? Yeah hes had about enough of Ame for one visit, hopefully the next time he came here it would be under better conditions with less riots. As he waited he looked at the few that did show up. Tomiko, Hiraku, and Neji one of which wasn't even around really. Well Sensei would decide if he needed to be punished later.

Just like she had been doing that day the riots started, she appeared out of the rain which caused him to faintly smile. She said they each had time to debrief on what they experienced, did, and would have done differently. Kazumo stood up and choose to be the first one to speak to get his debriefing out of the way.

"Well it was a bit of a surprise at how fast it happened but you gathered most of us together quickly. In which you split us into group and with you, we went to the next point subduing rioters along the way. I got nicked slightly from not being fast enough with my technique, so I probably should have engaged that one hand to hand instead of risking my head. We then arrived at our destination and regrouped with Hiraku and Tomiko. You told me to get patched up, and then meet you back here. Along the way I took care of a few more rioters. It was kind of hetic though to think such a situation could transpire so fast. If I could do anything differently I would have been a bit more careful as to not risk my life on simple rioters." Kazumo said concluding his report and sitting back down for the next member to answer.

Neji stood on the rooftop quiet as he awaited thier sensei to come to them. The events that happened in the hidden rain village were awful and Neji was ready to get home as soon as possible. They still had a job to do though and Neji knew that they had to see it out until the end. That was part of being a shinobi after all wasnt it? Doing things that you don't want to do doing things that you have to do. That all came with the job, a job that Neji so far In his short time since graduating th academy hadn't done very well. Neji knew he hadn't done very well on his missions and this upset him. He had talent he didn't graduate number one in his class for nothing. He knew he could be better , but so far he just wasn't, but that was something Neji was determined to change.

After Kazumo had spoken up Neji decided that he should go next. " I was late to meet up with the entire squad at the assigned point and I know that was a mistake, but the reason I was late was because I was helping a woman who was being attacks by a couple of the rioters. So that is why I was late to meet up with the squad and I do not apoligise for that. I should have alerted you Aiko sensei that I was in a situation and that I would not make it to the meeting point, for that reason I am sorry."

Hiraku glanced up as Aiko appeared from the rain, a little surprised, seeing as he hadn't had his Byakugan active, so he couldn't sense her approach. He nodded as she said to describe what they had each seen happen as well as what they thought they could have done better. He listened to the other two speak as he thought about the situation as well. When it came to his turn, he looked to Aiko, "Well, we met up, and you split us up. Tomiko and I found some rioters along the way that seemed particularly hostile, so we took some down. At one point there were a few rioters that were capable enough to give me some trouble, and... I might have gotten killed if Tomiko hadn't shot the one that was wielding a knife. If I could, I would do that again, but be more careful with my fighting so that no one would have to die. After that, Tomiko and I met up with you at point Lee where we were instructed to get communications up, and to make sure we could, we avoided fighting on the way, however the Amekage's assistant, Eiji, was not in his office."

"I gave his assistant my communicator so he could set up temporary communications and tasked Tomiko with keeping up communications with you, in case anything came up. An anbu that met us in the office brought us directly to Eiji, who was, at the time, talking down a group of rioters when Neji arrived. From where we were, I should have tried contacting you to see if you needed anyone somewhere else while communications were going to be set up, but beyond that, I should have done better at setting up communications. I probably caused a lot of unnecessary injury by not being quick enough." Hiraku bowed, trying to apologize for the pain he felt he could have prevented.

Tomiko described what happened from her point of view, saying she should have shot somewhere less lethal on the one she killed.

It stayed silent after the briefings were given. Without any answer or change in her facial exppression the woman listened to their reports. Her gaze briefly fixed on Tomiko. "That is unfortunate, but sometimes deaths can't be avoided," Aiko said, clearly to the Hyuuga siblings. "Wished that the communications were set up somewhat faster, but the orders were followed and you managed to do the job. So it is okay, both of you good work," Aiko stated. Her attention then moved on to Neji.

"You were late cause you were helping a woman, who was being attacked by a couple of rioters," the words were slowly uttered by the woman on a soft tone. A brief silence would occur after she repeated in short why Neji was late. Turning half around Aiko stated something in a different language. Only to switch back to the common spoken language.

"I suppose you should get a reward then, Neji Uchiha."

As he listened to the other reports by the others he couldn't help but frown. She shot someone to death? Why not shoot his hand with the weapon in it? Well wasn't his problem, he had to mentally resist sighing at Neji's excuse of being late. Yet all their reports were done and Aiko started speaking to them, when she then said something else in a language the others wouldn't know. Yet he, however, knew every word. As the focus was on Neji, Kazumo slowly stood up and snuck over while the boys attention was on sensei and as she said he deserved a reward. Kazumo would throw a right hook to the back of his head.

As Kazumo delivered the order she had given, the woman would have already clenched a fist and in a rapid movement also launched a punch to knock out some air of the Uchiha genin, the punch aimed at the boy's chest. "Suppose I am not sorry either," Aiko hissed, "You disobeyed the orders and we lost a chuunin. Don't know what happened to one of your kin and another genin, but two other genin have faced the prospect of death. Of either their one or that of another, but you're not sorry cause you decided that my order wasn't important enough? Let me ask you," though it was evident by the angry tone that it wasn't going to be a question she needed an answer on, "Did that woman help you afterwards? Have you gained anything from it? Or perhaps it didn't occur to you that if you had listened to my orders that you would have both the time to save that woman and your comrades?"

A glare was shot to the other present members of the group. "I want each and single one of you to remember that when an order is given that you follow it. Certainly when it is stated to focus on that damn instruction. We might already consider both Tatsuya and Sayuri dead, next to Shizu Sarutobi. And not even to mention those who perished during the violence because we didn't manage to reach the focused objects quick enough." Her glare would now fixate back on Neji.

"You think you saved one person and might disagree with me, but I hope you won't ever learn it the way some veterans learned it. There is a difference between being a hero and a risk for others. One knows when it is the time to do what they feel is right and the other isn't doing anything to help others, at all. Certainly on the battlefield. If that was the case you and probably those who tried to save you would have either been injured badly or dead. So might this be a lesson for all of you," Aiko firmly stated, placing her hands on her hips, "When I give an order, follow it up. Mistakes can be made, such as being panicked that your sibling is in trouble. But disobeying an order and then not feeling even sorry for it?" A silence once more followed the woman's words.

"Don't ever pull that on me again. Any of you. Next time I am going to make sure that somebody is going to swallow some teeth or worse. Am I being clear?"

Shaking his hand from hitting the back of the kids skull, he stepped back when Aiko threw her own at the kid, and then followed up with a very cruical lecture. One that should be taken seriously as like she said him following orders, could have saved some of their teams lives. Yet still he was late saving one person? Not like they were going to kill her, their intention wasn't to kill anyway, otherwise a lot more bodies would have littered the streets. While he wasn't a fan of punching people for no reason, this was a good reason to knock some sense into someone. As she finished her lecture she told all of them to follow up on the order she gave, or else the next time the punishment would be much worse. Kazumo would give his sensei a respectful bow to show he understood her words.

Neji stood and listned to Aiko sensei talk about the Hyuuga sibilings job while out during the riots. She wasn't happy that it took them so long to get it done but it did get done so she comended both of them. Then her attention turned to Neji, she quietly stated the same statemen that Neji had just made about why he was late. She then said something that he didnt understand and then said that he deserved a reward. Neji gave her a weird glance and as he was about to speak up again he was struck in the back of the head. Neji fell to the ground in pain as it was a pretty hard strike, anger started to build in him as he wanted to get up and fight back, he was then struck again and this time by Aiko sensei herself. This drove the anger right out of him as he contiuned to lay on the ground in the pouring rain.

Aiko sensei then made a long speech about all the things he did wrong. Neji thought it over and at the very least he should have apoligised for not following her orders, but Neji was not gonna let that woman fend for herself. Yes he felt awful about their comrades he wished he could have helped them, the difference was they all had training and knew what they signed up for. This woman had no training and was just minding her own busniess when she was attacked. Neji slowly picked himself up still in a good ammount of pain but was not going to show it. He could't show them that it hurt that would make him feel worse. Neji also decided to not contiune this before he said something he regretted. " Yes sensei understood."

Hiraku bowed, silently promising to do better next time. He listened to Aiko's promise of a reward, and looked to Neji, curious about what she had in mind, only to see Kazumo punch the back of his head. He reflexively went to activate his Byakugan and enter a combat stance, only to see Aiko also strike him. He followed through with activating his Byakugan, but lowered his stance slightly, not sure what exactly was going on... until Aiko spelled it out. He completely lowered his fighting stance, deactivating Byakugan, and looking to Neji. He understood that desire to help, and felt bad for Neji, but having gone through similar mistakes before, he had realized, probably through being taught, that following orders would end up saving more lives. Hiraku looked back towards Aiko as she told all of them to never disobey orders like Neji had, and bowed, before speaking up. "Sensei, I've done things like that in the past as well, and if it's alright, would like to explain to Neji what I realized to start following orders before helping people on the spot." He looked to Aiko, waiting for an allowance to speak, or a request not to.

"You can educate him later on that, Hiraku," Aiko replied, "For now I wanted to teach you lot something that might get in handy the next time that you get in a tricky situation as we had found ourselves in with the riots." The woman said, throwing a look to the direction east of them. There was nothing there to be spotted that stood out, yet Aiko kept her gaze focused on that direction. "Seeing the fact that we're facing insurgents and zealots, who don't wish to combat us on our terms. In order to know how to smoke them out, this first will be a test run," Aiko pointed to the direction she was staring at, "I have a shadow clone somewhere over there, in disguise. The objective," Aiko turned her head to look at her team, "Is to find and track the target clone within two hours. The rule is that none of you are allowed to use any sensory dojutsu or ninjutsu. The aim is to increase the expertise to recognise certain behaviour and how to react to it. Do know that---" Aiko continued as she slowly started to vanish from sight, as if the rain was washing the woman away from sight, "--- I am watching. Cheat and I will make the exercise much harder. Time is ticking."

He could see the anger on the kid's face which was to be expected, you did just get socked in the back of the head but damn. Must have punched him harder than he thought if he fell to the ground from it. He then looked over at Hiraku which caused his eyes to widen slightly but lower as well at seeing his combat stance and his Byakugan activated. Kazumo said nothing to the Hyuuga but just stared straight at him, staying at a calm composure until Hiraku lowered his stance and deactivated the dojutsu. He would hear what Hiraku said and mentally facepalm at the comment, which sensei seemed to agree with, telling him to do it later. Then she would proceed to give them a task to do. It was a task in the east with her clone in disguise pretending to be one of these zealots or insurgents. As she vanished she warned them not to cheat or the experience would be much worse. So basically hunt down this suspicious person, while the teammates remembered exactly what he did. Sensei you are a tricky woman. He looked at the other two and motioned for them to follow. "Lets get going now." Kazumo said as he would make his way from the roof to the ground below and start moving east. What defined for suspicious activity though? Would it be like that creep that both sensei and himself fought twice? If so that might be pretty obvious, yet she wouldn't make it that easy for them. Well this might be fun.

Neji just stayed silent there was nothing for him to say the kid was angry about getting suckered in the back of the head like that, and then getting hit by his sensei. So he just stayed silent before his anger got the best of him and he said or did something stupid. Then Aiko sensei started talking about the task that she wanted them to perform. Thier task was to find a clone of hers who would be acting as a insurgent. If they cheated then she would make it much more difficult for them, which meant that the sharingan and byakugan were both off limits for this exercise. That part even though it was annoying did make sense. Shinobi who were lucky enough to havr the sharingan and byakugan still needed to train themselves to not have to rely on those two powerful dojutsu all the time. Neji's attention turned to Kazumo who said they should get going. Neji didnt feel like starting anything right now, Kazumo was just following orders from Aiko, so not that Neji was really happy about it but he knew why Kazumo did what he did. "Yes lets get going, time is of the essence."

Hiraku nodded, accepting the answer Aiko gave, but having to ask anyway, as he didn't want Neji to have to get punished any more than he had been. But he would have to wait until after this exercise to see if he could make Neji see why he would have to follow instructions to the letter. He looked toward Kazumo as he said they should get going, nodding in response. He glanced towards where Aiko had disappeared, a little deprived that he couldn't use his Byakugan to know his surroundings as well as he could any other time. "We don't know the area or people very well, so we should be careful." He thought about what the suspicious actions might include. Looking around frantically? Hiding behind a mask that isn't anbu, perhaps? Or maybe something as simple as not wearing the right clothing for this rainy place?

As he and the other two were making their way east, Kazumo would throw a quick look back at them. He heard Hiraku state they should be careful as they don't know the area or the people. "True but lets not act suspicious ourselves, just be yourselves while keeping your eyes out for anything too out of the ordinary. I suggest we keep our eyes out on the alleys, thats where a majority of this mess started." He stated while also knowing that the knife freak did a good bit of his killings in the alleys.

" Yes that sounds good to me, we should do a quick sweep of the alleyways and then make our way towards doing the main streets. We can split up as well to cover more ground." Neji stayed vigilant as he looked for anything that seemed to be supicious but so far he had not seen anything of the sort. Neji was on the right side of their three man squad so he looked down at the right side only as he conituned to search.

Hiraku thought for a second, keeping with his teammates. "Walking around in alleys is suspicious enough anyway... If we can avoid it, we should stay out of them. But splitting up might be a good idea. We can contact each other if we're in any actual danger." He glanced to Kazumo, "Agreed? Or do you have a suggestion?"

Neji decided that it sounded good but then proceeded to add to the plan, causing him to raise his eyebrow. While Hiraku said they should avoid them if they could."Doesn't take much to peer down an alley, so I wouldn't go entering any if I don't see anyone being suspicious in one.. Yet if you guys want to split up then by all means." he said as Hiraku looked to him for confirmation, or if he had another plan. "Already heard my suggestion, but in the end it's your call. After all you outrank me Hiraku." He said as he started trailing away. "Well if you want a suggestion I say we meet back at this flower shop in fifteen minutes if we find nothing." Kazumo said as he pointed at a shop called Happy Plants, a bit cheesy but got the point across. With that said he would walk away from the two, being covered up by the crowd.
[/spoili]
[/fieldbox]

Niji Yakei - Wolf Country
Working hard or hardly working?

The camp had begun it's preparations and most of the tents were already up, it was just a matter of setting up fortifications and other such essentials before things were truly ready. So Niji, having already pitched her tent and left her belongings in there, immediately moved on to help set up the exterior walls and would actually get herself sorted once all of that was done and out of the way.

At the perimeter of the camp where work had begun, Niji joined the ranks of those who were already hard at work with the fortifications and so she was directed to another end of the wall where they needed an extra hand. Soon she found herself working on the walls, helping drive tall tree trunks into the ground and hammering nails and boards into the trunks to give them some form of stability and reinforcement.

Time began to fly by as she worked up a sweat, hours felt like minutes whilst the walls were being set up because once she was done in one area she'd move onto the next, it was actually pretty relaxing too.​

[fieldbox="Sho Deshuga, lightblue"]
Team What? Chuunin | On the Streets

It seems the world had decided to calm down and as per usual do it by dispensing large qualities of rain over the streets. Sho for one was glad the whole mess was over. Sure it was his job partly to save people seeing at the job description of a shinobi did include protecting the city with its citizens, but that didn't mean he really felt like saving people from their own stupidity. Damn riots. In the end what had they really achieved except some great property damage? The Jounin Commander stepped down, that was something. Actually that was quite something when Sho thought about it as he walked down the street towards the Tea Shop where he was employed. He had never liked that woman, but he hadn't figured that she would actually step down when put under pressure.

Well good for the rioters. They achieved something at least.

Not that it mattered to him. As far as he had understood it there was already a new Jounin Commander and it was his own goddamn sensei. Of course it was. Surely now the man would have less time to actually spend with his team. Stupid Amekage's Assistant. Of all the potential Jounins out there he just had to pick his teacher. There must be at least ten other candidates, right? Sho honestly had no clue how many people there were actually employed as shinobi in the village and suddenly that lack of knowledge annoyed him. But he was sure that someone else could have been picked for the job of Jounin Commander.

He turned a corner and arrived in the street where the Tea House was located, but when he arrived before the building it was like he arrived before a building that was under some kind of crime investigation. The thing was locked off. Did the rioters break down the place? He inched closer to the door to find a piece of paper hanging there. Closed due to health dangers to the public.

"The fuck..." Sho mumbled as he stared at the words. Closed because of health dangers? What the fuck did that mean? Last time he had been inside the place had been perfectly fine. Everything was always neat inside. Honestly if this place was a health hazard then his room was too. And his mom room too. His whole house was. This, therefore, must be a joke and not a funny one. Was someone trying to stop him from getting that extra money?

He ripped the piece of paper down from the door and dropped it on the ground. Ridiculous. Without thinking about it further he pushed the door open and stepped inside. And immediately stopped. The place was a mess. Before him where before had been chairs and tables lay broken pieces of furniture. He recognized one of the chairs that he used to lounge in when Kuni wasn't looking and he didn't have anything to do. It lay in pieces in one of the corners. As he pushed through the mess he found himself not understanding. It must have been the rioters who did this for sure, but then why the health hazard message?

He made his way through the main room to the back areas of the place and pushed the door of the kitchen open. As he walked in he wrinkled his nose at the strange smell and found himself staring at the bugs that ran around his feet, trying to get away from a certain doom that now awaited them. Sho stomped on two for good measure and kicked another pair away when they dared to come to close. What the fuck? Not only did he dislike bugs like crazy, it just simply didn't make sense that the place looked like this? He might not be particulary fond of Kuni, but he knew that she cared about this place for some unknown reason that he really didn't care to find out. To let this happen made no freaking sense. Also what did this mean of his job? Now that this place was closed did that mean he was out of a job again?!

He kicked some more bugs and then left. He searched through the other rooms but found basically the same results. Broken stuff and bugs. It might possibly be a health hazard right now.

As he stepped outside again, after concluding there was nothing else to do inside, he found himself staring at the paper that now lay in the mud before the door. "Well great... now what.." He mumbled. He didn't know where Kuni lived, never bothered to figure that out, and thus couldn't visit her to ask for an explination. As far as he knew the job was gone and someone had forgotten to inform him. He grunted in annoyance and kicked the piece of paper. Stupid job. Stupid government. Stupid paper. He adjusted his scarf so that it covered most of his face, pushed his hands in his pockets and started walking. He didn't know where yet, but he would find a place to vent his frustrations somehow. There was always some way to do that.

[/fieldbox]

Reactions: Nim and Aliceee
[fieldbox="Gavin Otonari, plum"]
Kumogakuri ANBU | In Ranzaki

With careful movements Gavin scooped some of the shaved ice on his spoon and raised it to his mouth. As he swallowed the cold shavings with strawberry flavor he kept his eye on the guy standing on the opposite side of the road before one of the few market stands that still dared to brave the cold weather that they were having today. The target was buying groceries. He liked pineappel and had a tendency to buy more carrots than he needed. They would rot in his fridge and then he had to throw them out. It was such a waste honestly.

Gavin shoved another spoonful in his mouth. The pudding this time. It was a strange time to eat ice cream, but no one seemed to care and they were still selling it on the streets. Gavin had decided that he would allow himself one weakness in his life at this moment and that would be the shaved ice that they sold in one of the local shops nearby. There was just something about the combination of shaved ice, syrup and pudding that was surprising and strangely tasty.

The target he was following was walking away after buying his regular items from the stall. Gavin gave him a couple of seconds and then walked after him. He walked slowly and looked left and right at the stalls that he passed, feigning interest in the items. Though it was not completely fake. They did sell interesting items here and if he wanted to pretend like he had been living here for all his life like the man he was tailing then he needed to know all these items by heart. He needed to know who sold them, when, where and for how much. He needed to know how to get the deals and how to find backdoors into places. If he had grown up here as a boy, that would be what he would know after all.

He finished his ice and dropped the cup in one of the bins on the side of the street. His target was going home. It would take him about ten minutes to do so. He would walk the same way he had done every time he would go to the market at the same steady pace. Gavin licked his lips and shot the man one last look before disappearing into an alleyway to his left.

He knew a shortcut.

Eleven minutes later the door of his appartment opened and the man he had been tailing stepped inside. Gavin was sitting on the ground at the small table, leaving through a magazine. The target shot him a look and smiled. "You're off early, he said as he took off his shoes and stepped on the tatami mats that covered most of floor in the house. With his typical slow walk he moved to the kitchen and put the bags down that contained the vegetables and fruits that he had just bought.

"And I am glad for it. She is working me to the bone that lady," Gavin complained.

The target laughed. "Well you're the new guy. You can't be expected to get have an easy time right of the bat."

"I guess..." Gavin watched how the target put the groceries in the cupboard. He would always kneel and never bow over when he would put something away. He had a deliberate way of moving where every movement was sure and steady, never rushed. Gavin carefully flipped the page of his magazine and picked up the glass of water next to him just as the target picked up a jar from the counter. Gavin adjusted his fingers ever so slightly. "I am taking care of dinner tonight by the way," he said then.

"What ya making?" When in a comfortable environment the target had a tendency to slip up his words, forgetting the extreme polite way he had to speak when at work.

"Some teriyaki stuff."

"Beef?"

"Uhuh." Gavin carefully looked at the face of the man.

"Sweet! I love that stuff."

Gavin smiled. "I know."

---

The target's name was Hiyuri Takeda. He was one of the guards that worked for the current lady regent. Not exceptionally high on the ranks, but high enough that he got to work for her directly on several occassions. He had been living alone all his life after he had moved out of his parents house. Two lovely old people who were running an shop downtown that also sold ice cream. Recently he had to move because he had gotten appointed as guard for the Lady Regent and thus had to live closer to her quarters. But rooms were expensive and thus he had been searching for someone to share an appartment with. It just so happen that Gavin was having the same problem. He was also looking for someone to share an appartment with. And he just happened to meet Hiyuri one day in a bar where they got talking about the recent problems and jobs. It was a match made in heaven. The target enjoyed easy humor and quiet evenings. He liked a drink or two but didn't get drunk. They had coincidentaly shared a love for poetry and read the same magazines. So when Gavin had offered, Hiyuri had accepted.

Now Hiyuri thought that Gavin was working some labour intensive job in the business district after he had moved to Ranzaki recently to build a life. This was not totally untrue. The whole tailing business was rather labour intensive. Standing, watching, eating, potentially disguising himself to get closer and hearing the target talk. But the best way to get to know someone was to live with him and spend as much time together as was possible without it being suspicious. He needed to know every and each reaction that Hiyuri could give. He needed to know when he gave those reactions and how expressive he was. And not in a professional way. Everyone knew that working as a guard meant you have to be silent most of the time and be polite. There was not much to it except when something went wrong. And Gavin had heard many stories of how it went wrong. He had asked in detail how Hiyuri had reacted while loudly exclaiming that his own life was so much more boring. He needed Hiyuri's stories to have a little bit of excitement in his life. Of course the target was professional and never disclosed any major details, but it were the little things that mattered. The jokes he made with his coworkers, the things he brought for lunch, the time he arrived at his job and the time he left. The guard part would not be the problem. He doubted that the Regent would actively remember all the manerisms of her guards.

Unfortunately he didn't have as much time as he wanted to. The Raikage needed results and they didn't have months to get his cover to stick. So this would have to do. They had to be lucky that he had experience with this.

And thus after quite a few more days of rigorous observation and practice Gavin figured it was time. He knew Hiyuri had to work tomorrow, an easy day apparently if he had to believe the man so it would be a perfect way to ease into the job. From under his bed he retreived a kunai which he used that night to silence Hiyuri Takeda forever.

The next day Hiyuri Takeda put up a sign that he was looking for a roommate. He would make sure to send a notice to his fellow ANBU that was working in the city. Maybe she could use another place to stay. With slow steps he made his way through his apparment, moving his stuff to his room. At exactly ten to nine he left his house, locked the door and put the keys in his chest pocket. He made his way to the house of the Regent where he got himself authorized by presenting a password and a voice recognition before he was allowed inside.

Good thing that he had brushed up on that skill of his.

As he walked through the hall towards his job he remembered the map of the place that he had obtained earlier and steered himself towards the cantine where he had twenty minutes to hang out before he had to be present at his job.

It was time to hang out with some of his friends.

[/fieldbox]

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Gerontis
[fieldbox="Midori Sato, yellowgreen"]
Team 13 | At the Camp

Satoshi Jun had taken his leave and Midori had immediately gone back to her tent and had busied herself with finishing her sleeping place for the night. She did not want to think about Asami nor about the reasons why the woman might be here. She didn't care. She did not want to know. The only thing she wanted was that the woman would stay as far away as possible from her. For a moment she wished she was Reyna right now, sleeping peacefully and ignoring the world for a moment. But sleeping was not something that was as peaceful for her these days though eventually her mind would give in and would leave her alone.

When she finished the tent Midori wondered what she was supposed to do now. It was too early to actually go to bed and she had half a mind to actually approach Kaya and talk about stuff. Except that approaching was scary and she honestly wasn't sure what to say exactly because she wasn't sure what the problem was that Kaya was facing. She could ask that of course, but that meant approaching her first and that was the whole problem to begin with. As she was mulling over her own thoughts like this she was suddenly interupted by someone calling out her surname. Too quickly Midori spun around, almost afraid that Asami had come to find her. But that made no sense because Asami would probably not call her by her surname. She had never done so before after all.

And indeed this was not Asami. It was a girl. Slightly younger than she, but not that far off she figured. The girl was saluting and for a moment Midori just stared at her without replying. Was there someone to salute to? She had the urge to look around and see who was around that needed saluting when it dawned upon her that the girl was saluting to her. Captain Sato was what the girl had called her so this must be...

"Yumeji Hojo, reporting for duty, ma'am."

her new recruit. The person Satoshi had been talking about.

"Oh! Yes! Yumeji. You are the Slayer, or at least that was what Commander Jun talked about. But I won't talk about it if you don't want to. Hi. My name is Midori Sato. Welcome to the team. Don't call me ma'am, that confuses me. Just Midori is fine. Also those are Kaya Irozaki and Reyna Azuma, but she is sleeping right now so you can probably meet her later. Unless you want me to wake her up, I can do that too. You can put your tent around ours if you want to." She send the girl a smile when she finished, hoping to avoid most of the Savior talk if she just insisted that the girl should call her Midori. Besides she was not that much older than this Yumeji and Kaya and Reyna never called her captain anyway.

"If you have any questions then feel free to ask. And stuff..."

[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yone Tsuji
Genin of Ame Team 19,
Amegakure.

Not looking for trouble!

It was done. Staring up at the ceiling Yone couldn't help but feel a bit proud. Not that she would show it, cause she felt a bit bad. Bad that she hadn't been able to help when the attack on the Imazaki post-office had happened. At least the damage with the roof and ceiling was done. Not that it had been easy or cheap. Sighing Yone would rub her neck for a moment as she lowered her head.
After talking with mister Nomura she learned that there was still more things that were in need to be fixed. The scars of the whole event were, after all, still visible. And not just at the interior but Yone noticed that some people had decided to resign. Making the amount of work just higher and thus taxing on those who remained at the post office.

For a moment Yone wondered if she shouldn't resign from the shinobi service. Mister Nomura could use more help and while he seemed still strong and alive for a man of his age, Yone worried that it was just a facade. Hopefully, he wouldn't end up in the hospital from a burn-out or whatever he could get from pushing himself. Deciding to head out as there wasn't anything that she could do to help with. Certainly not with how making people forget or cope with traumatic experiences and with mister Nomura telling her to enjoy her youth Yone was more or less forced to go. Just before she went the teen joked that she would go before the old man would tell how his youth was she had noticed that the man grinned.
But as she left the building Yone wasn't sure what she should do now. She thought about holding Mitsunari up to train her but was that feasible? He was the jounin commander. A position that would occupy him and meant that he couldn't really train her. Deciding to just walk the street Yone would lift up the hood of her raincoat. Walking down the street she decided to just go around and see if there was something interesting to do.

There was some talk about a Godai match that people chatted about. The only question that arose in her mind was: how was she going to afford that? She had to pay the rent, make sure that she was able to buy groceries and then try to save money for incidental circumstances - such as if something would break or would be in need to be fixed. Not to mention that she would need money for her goal. Just as her mood started to lower with thinking about her responsibilities Yone noticed somebody.
"Huh," she mumbled to herself softly. Watching Sho up ahead Yone wondered if she should tell him hello. Seemed better than to continue walking the streets and be bored or bothered by her own thoughts.
Just realising that she was so bored that the concept of approaching Sho Deshuga was better than wandering the streets of Amegakure alone. Confused for a second Yone frowned. Trying to think what she had to lose Yone sighed.

With a faster pace than before, she walked up to her team member while holding up her right hand.
"Hey Sho!" Yone greeted him with a friendly tone, "Hey, how are you doing?" She asked, trying to flash a smile that seemed genuine. Frankly, she wasn't sure how to continue. He didn't seem as the guy who enjoys small talk during the team's first meeting.
"Want to also thank you for trying to help when the Imazaki post-office was in trouble. I work there, you see," Yone casually stated - while she wasn't really sure if this was making a possible conversation between them even plausible.

Yumeji Hojo,
Chuunin and Vanguard member,
Member of Kumogakure Team 13.
At camp - Wolf country.

Glad that she was at the right address and person Yumeji stared at Midori. As the latter began to talk there seemed almost as if there was no stop to it. A bit confused Yumeji would just continue to listen. It wasn't that it wasn't incoherent, but it was just that Yumeji hadn't expected her current captain to be such a talker. Standing still for a moment, almost forgetting that she had a backpack with her Yumeji would shake her head.

"No, no. No questions captain," Yumeji answered back - slightly worried that the other would start to talk even more.
"Will just set up my tent, no need to wake anybody up for me, thanks," she further added before turning to start working on her tent. Having ignored the entire topic of her being referred as a Slayer, Yumeji just focused on putting up her tent. Wasn't really the most difficult of a task, but it allowed her to also think a bit while being busy.
This was going to be, after all, her new team. One who was asleep, who Midori referred as Reyna Azuma. Where was the other one, though? Kaya Irozaki, which meant that that person was in possession most likely of the Storm Release. What Yumeji considered both interesting as cool.
What kind of abilities would Reyna have, though, Yumeji wondered. Knowing that you couldn't judge a book by its cover Yumeji decided that she would just wait and see.

Finishing with setting up her tent Yumeji wavered what she should do now. Strike a conversation with Midori? Or perhaps just head out and see what she could do. Perhaps train a bit or join a drill? Not really in the mood for that Yumeji would sit down and glance at her tent. It seemed stable, so she decided to check her gear. Clean it a bit and what not.

Last edited:
[fieldbox=A long day - part I, wheat]

Koike Hon,
Specialized Jounin | Konoha Team 6 | Lieutenant-Captain | Konohagakure, at home.

The day had started early. There wasn't any choice, cause there was a lot on the program. Starting his day with a simple breakfast at his home, Koike went over once more on what he would be doing today. There was drill planned at Azumi that he would lead. Nothing really new or spectacular. The only new factor was that it wasn't now just routine, but also aimed at the fact that they were preparing to head out. And fair enough, every drill and training were aimed to make them ready and able to do their work. Yet it felt different. Perhaps now because they were certain that soon enough their skill and training would be put to the test? Probably.

Then there was also the fact that he had taken up the side-job of being an instructor. Not that he was really certain how he felt about it, but already two clients had so far approached him. The money that had been offered wasn't bad, but Koike wasn't certain how he should feel about it. If anything, he didn't consider it something he would expand upon. Though, it was perhaps safer work than to be in the field. Thinking about it Koike couldn't really imagine himself growing old and content with just teaching people how to fight instead of doing it himself. Shrugging the thoughts about it off the young man would continue his early morning rituals with the usual. It included to clean up and prepare to head outside, for a walk with Akumu. Due to the cold Koike decided to cloth himself a bit warmer, but not yet garb himself with the Guardian flak jacket. A casual jacket would just do fine, he wagered.
Once outside Koike pulled up his red scarf slightly up. The large, black dire wolf would already go ahead while Koike followed at a slower pace. While walking and watching the dire wolf heading towards the nearby park, Koike wondered how long that he would be away. Konohagakure was, sure enough, his home, but he hadn't really ever had suffered being homesick. Perhaps it was because he knew that he would be able to head home? Something that wasn't really possible when there was a whole sea separating him from what he considered home. While he didn't experience any nerves playing up, there were some worries.

Arriving at the park Koike noticed that Akumu was sniffing around, trying to find a suitable place to relieve himself. It had almost something adorable to it. A large, ferocious and dangerous creature trying to find a spot suitable to answer 'nature's call'. And while Koike didn't consider Akumu to be much of a troublesome companion, he was very picky on where he would relieve himself or not. Which could just end up making the large beast look confused as he would walk around a few times around a tree, only ending up sniffing and then walking away - looking more offended than anything else.
On the way back home Koike considered something. Throwing a look at the dire wolf that walked to his right, the young man spoke up. "Want to keep me company today?"
The question was met with silence, but Akumu didn't increase his pace.

"Good. Going to be a long day, boy."

The sound of three dozen pair of feet jogging rang through the air. With heavy backpacks, the group kept a steady jogging pace, all in in a linear formation. Jogging at the front Koike kept his eyes at the front, while Akumu kept up to his right. They were crossing the training fields in a large lap. The only sound that disturbed the morning silence at the training fields was just the boots that kept moving in the same jogging pace. Until Koike mumbled something. Causing the fellow at his left, that was around the same age of Koike, to chuckle.
"A-Where we gonna go when we get back, A-Where we gonna go when we get back!"
Right after the fellow just song out the line, the rest repeated him.
"I take the shower and hit the rack, I take the shower and hit the rack."
Once more the group repeated it, in a rather cheerful manner as they continued to jog. Koike would throw a look over his shoulder. So far, nobody had fallen behind or seemed to be in trouble.
"I love to double time."
While he would join in with the cadence, Koike was also wondering how the following training would go. Most, if not all, of the members of the Guardian unit, had earned their place with merit. They were, at least, experienced chuunin. Some who had seen quite a lot of missions or action while others had proven their mettle and skill in the field during tough operations. Surprisingly the age group wasn't too far apart, which did create a good cohesion.

"Pace, increase!" Koike shouted, which saw to that the jogging pace would increase. But not only the jogging would increase as the cadence would also be picked at a faster pace.
"Here we go, Here we go
On the Road, On the Road
Fired up, Fired up,
Fired up, Fired up,
I love to double time. I love to double time.
Feels good, Feels good,
Sounds good, Sounds good,
Fired up, Fired up,
Fired up, Fired up,
Fired up, Fired up,"

Arriving at the training field that was marked as the end Koike would throw a look over his shoulder before ordering the group to halt. The command was followed quickly and in a good, ordered fashion. As everybody stood still, Koike would turn around and inspect the ranks. All of them were in the same position in the formation as for how they had started, all of them having their gaze locked at the front. Content with the discipline that the group displayed Koike would start the next part of the drill. The place was just a normal field of grass, but there were several obstacles placed - set up by the protegé members of the Guardian unit this morning. A few hours of more drills and training followed. A break would occur only once and after it was considered done, many of the group would head back together to Azumi. Not just as comrades in arms, but as friends. Something that made Koike only feel more worried than before as he would watch many of them laugh and talk together on the walk back. Hopefully, he wouldn't disappoint any of them.
"Lieutenant-colonel, sir. A few of us were wondering if you were going to head out with us towards this new barbeque restaurant. It just at the edge of the centre and a few of us already has gone there," the same fellow who had been at the front asked, a grin present on his face.

"I would like to, but I have some other matters to attend to. I will see you and the others this evening at the feast, right?" Koike replied back, to which the other nodded. Exchanging a few more words Koike would pat the guy on his shoulder before heading towards another destination.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Rei Tsumetai | Kumogakure Genin , lightblue]

Rei stumbled across the camp, wobbling lightly to the sides with his back bent slightly backwards as he made great effort to keep the heavy crate filled with large, rusty, black nails from slipping from on his palms. He masterfully evaded the soldiers going about their jobs, walking back and forth between the fireplaces and caravans. He reached a small area lit with lanterns on wooden polest sticking out of the ground. There were empty crates everywhere with the odd hammer and nail lying about in the grass, only discovered when an unfortunate soul stubbed a toe. The young nin bent his knees, slowly touching one side of the crate he was carrying on the dirt before gently trying to get his fingers out from between the crate and the ground without dropping one side too rashly. As he did, he shut his eyes tight at the rattling of the nails in the box. He quickly picked up another box and started placing some of the nails there. Once the crate was half full, he straightened his back before leaning forward to grab it. He lifted with a grunt and held it at his hip.

Rei started walking around the area where there were some people waiting by the half-done tents. At each incomplete tent, he gave the soldiers a few nails from the crate. Before the nails in the crate were all given out, he returned to where he'd first gone. He turned the box upside down, dropping the nails onto the still half full crate. He picked it up and moved to another part of the camp to continue.

[/fieldbox]

Meilin Cho
Genin of Konoha Team 7/ Team Meilin,
Konohagakure, Hon compound.

A newfound purpose?

Two days before the present - with the feast happening at the Royal Palace.
Collab with Gerontis.

Summary :
Meilin and Koike have another session of training together. Afterwards the two engage in a conversation in which Meilin learns about the Guardians. It sparks her interest and curiousity as she then decides to try to learn more about them.

[spoili]
Heading towards the Hon compound Meilin wasn't really in the best of moods. The night before she had been up to the late hours. Which was sort of her own fault but her little sister couldn't catch any sleep. Demanding stories Meilin had read four stories, only figuring out that Hitomo already knew the stories by heart. It had confused Meilin why the small girl wanted to be read a story she already knew but hadn't argued against it.
Eventually, Meilin couldn't catch any sleep herself. Resulting in that she would practice the grip and moves that Koike had taught her during their first kendo training. It felt a bit silly to practice it on her own. Not that there was really anybody that would just enter in and see her practising. Not that it made her feel less silly. Continuing for hours Meilin eventually became tired and would head to bed.
The morning started out as any before. Waking up Hitomo and brushing teeth together with her sibling. Something that actually was what Meilin really enjoyed. It came up in the teen's mind that she hadn't really ever spend much time with her siblings when she had still lived with them and their parents. During moments as simple as brushing teeth together the siblings had some amusement in pulling weird faces towards one another. It would continue on to breakfast where Hitomo would ramble about everything while Meilin mostly just listened. And while Meilin wasn't really interested in the stories, it was something else that made her appreciate the enthusiasm that her little sister had. The again, it wasn't only joy and a smile that Hitomo managed to conjure with Meilin. Seeing how the girl was made me realise of what she wanted to achieve. That there were more to be saved and brought once more back together. The time came, however, where Meilin had to get going and Hitomo would wave her out, walking to the exit of the Cho compound to wave at Meilin and shout with her little voice that Meilin shouldn't be too late or else she wouldn't deserve dessert. A threat that just made Meilin shake her head and unable to resist a smile when waving back.

Heading towards the Hon compound Meilin was eager to receive another lesson from Koike. Picking up the pace the teen had no trouble to arrive at the place where they had met before. Entering the hall she noticed that there were some people. Either attending to their gear or in specific areas training together.

"Ah, good morning Meilin," Koike's voice sounded. He had been busy with taking gear of his swords and gear. With the arranged place he had found it a perfect combination to come a bit earlier and make use of the present tools and material to keep his own gear in top shape. "How are you doing today?" He asked her while gesturing her to follow him.

"Hey Koike!" Meilin answered, turning with a small smile on her lips towards the young man.
"I am doing fine, thanks. How are you?" The teen asked in return while following him. She felt still a bit out of place but wasn't yet certain why that was. Perhaps because most, if not all, people in this long hall were known with handling weapons. Both in combat as maintain and taking care of them.

Nearing a place where they could get started Koike would hand out a practice sword to Meilin. "I am doing fine," he answered, "So today I want to teach you about how to swing a sword. It sounds really odd, but there are various techniques and manners on how to wield a sword. It is all on personal preference, but I will try to pass on some techniques that I find quite useful," he explained, taking a pause so that she could speak up or ask any question. As she seemed to have none Koike would continue. "So, the idea is that the sword is an extension of your arm. In order to use it as such, you will need to practice a lot and know what is and isn't plausible..."

Breathing heavily Meilin couldn't feel her arms. Sinking onto her knees the teen tried to stay upright, but it wasn't that easy. There was some aching pain in her shoulders and her left forearm from the training. They had only one break and how long had they continued?
"Sorry," she said with cheeks red as tomatoes, this time from exhaustion than anything else, "I-I am done. For today."
Placing the blunt sword down Meilin briefly closed her eyes. The training had gone well in her opinion. It was even fun, but it was quite exhausting. Especially when Koike had decided that they should perform the swings and increase the pace.

"Hehe, good job. You're making progress," Koike replied as he would let the practice blade rest on his right shoulder. He had noticed that he was a bit winded as well, but was able to manage to stay standing. "Any questions that you still have regarding today's training?" He would ask, deciding to sit down next to her so that it wouldn't seem that she was the only one sitting down on the ground.

"No, no. No questions, haha," Meilin would answer. Managing to regulate her breathing once more she would let out a heavy sigh. Trying to get some more feeling into her arms with rolling with her shoulders the teen threw a sideways look at Koike. "So, am I like your only student or this the only place where you teach?" She decided to ask, trying to stir a conversation.

"I only have one more student. Guess that I also train and drill people at Azumi, but that isn't really the same as training a person one on one," was Koike's answer. Thinking about it, he was wondering if he had really taught other people before something or was considered to be a mentor. Probably not and he was more than okay with that. "Don't really think that I should get more people as pupils. Want to keep some time for myself."

Smiling a bit she wondered who this other person was. Was she better or worse than his other student? A question that wouldn't leave her, of course. It would be rude and awkward to ask. Instead, Meilin would ask about something else.
"Azumi? What is that?"

"Oh, you haven't heard of it yet? It is the headquarters of the Guardians organisation and unit," Koike answered back, slightly surprised. But she was just trying to settle down in the city, so it shouldn't be much of a surprise that some things and locations were still new to her. "You know, they are always on the look-out for capable people to join their ranks."

"The Guardians?" Meilin repeated. Surprised for a moment when he brought up that they were on the look-out for more members Meilin frowned slightly.
"I doubt that I will be of any good to join any organisation. I am not really any kind of material that fits the name of Guardian. I mean, it sounds kind of cool. The Guardians, but for me? No, I doubt that I would be able to fit into such an organisation. Other than the name, I don't even know anything about them yet."

She started to ramble, but he would let her. Taking a moment to consider what he could tell her about the Guardians Koike decided to not tell everything. Just that he was a member of the unit and had his own workshop at Azumi. "So yeah, I spend some time there. On tinkering and making bombs that people of the organisation order. Not for a heavy price, but just a reasonable cheap price so that I can also continue it without needing to invest too much money it myself," Koike concluded his answer.

"Huh, that is actually pretty cool," Meilin answered. She thought about it and felt tempted now to ask him to show her where it was. How she could apply, but she also deduced that he was probably a busy person. And it could serve as an excuse to get to know Konoha a bit better herself.
"So what about a deal? If I manage to get in, will you then show you how you make bombs? I use firecrackers but the idea of bombs is... alluring."

Chuckling Koike nodded. "Sure. It is something I enjoy and won't mind sharing a bit of the technique and information with anybody else. I have even a few notes of my own experience and what I find really useful and working in the field. Perhaps you can even help me with the workshop, if you manage to join."
[/spoili]

Collab with Chromehound

Summary :
This is a day ago in the present - before the current day with the feast at the Royal palace. After learning a bit more Meilin decides to sign up and is allowed to have an entry-test in the morning with a certain Hayate Hyuzu. Nervous and excited Meilin heads towards Azumi, hoping that she will be allowed to enter the ranks of the Guardians.

[spoili]
It had been planned for a various days now. Not that she had expected a reply to come back quickly or being allowed to meet up at the site this early, Meilin made sure she looked dandy today. Checking her gear, tools and weaponry the teen wanted to pass a good first impression. The Guardians weren't just a club or organisation that one could hope to enter with writing a letter to sign up. They were part of the elite corps, after all. A soft sigh escaped Meilin's lips as she thought everything through one more time. Somehow she wished that she could request more time to prepare. What if there would be some test and she wouldn't be able to answer a question or answer it in a way right but still not given the answer that was required to pass through.
Realising that she was letting her nerves taking over. Closing her eyes and taking a deep breath. It was just going to be a meeting, nothing else. Calming herself with that fact the teen would head out.
The walk towards the headquarters of the Guardians Meilin took the time to remember everything she knew and had been taught about Konohagakure. There wasn't much that she could have gathered from the Guardians than what she had heard on the street, but hopefully, she could land the first impression.

Nearing the place that was called Azumi, Meilin wondered for a moment as she kept walking. It had a certain calming effect, the gardens and surrounding. There were a few seniors present, heading somewhere. Deciding that it could be a good idea to follow them Meilin approached a place that seemed to be a teahouse. Not that she had been often to one, making her wonder if she was even at the right place. The Guardians were a military organisation or unit so far she knew, making this teahouse a surprise.

Glancing towards the clock on his wall, Hayate realized he was running out of time. He had grown distracted going over the book on strategies and tactics and had almost forgotten about the meeting that was coming up. Cursing himself for losing track of time, the young Hyuzu slipped his bookmark into his current page and closed the book. Placing it into the drawer of his desk, Hayate closed it and started to make his way out of the room. Stopping himself before he got to the door, he turned and spotted the file he had left on his desk. Shaking his head, Hayate walked back over and picked it up. Leaving his office, the young Hyuzu began leafing through the file once more, hoping to gain as much information as possible.

Making his way through the halls, Hayate finished reading through the file and stowed it away in the inside pocket of his jacket. Reaching the entrance of the building, Hayate stood patiently, waiting for Meilin to arrive. Glancing up at the clock in the entryway, he was pleased to see that he was not yet late for the meeting. Looking around, he had not seen anyone yet who matched the description from his file and so he continued to wait.

Entering the teahouse Meilin was expecting to see here and there members of the militant organisation. Battle hardened and experienced shinobi that served in the corps that was part of the royal guard. Instead, she saw seniority filling the majority of patrons inside. The doubt that she had somehow managed to screw up ending at a place that wasn't where she was supposed to head became bigger. Perhaps she should've asked the way? Pondering on what she should do, Meilin glanced a few times around. Hoping to spot a person or sign that she wasn't at the wrong place.
A waiter came to ask her if she wanted something to drink. Answering that she was fine, but wanting to be certain that this was the teahouse next to Azumi, the waiter confirmed that she was at the right place. Thanking the young man as well flashing a smile Meilin's left hand was raised. Rubbing her neck, she wondered what she should do now. Perhaps take a seat somewhere and wait for a bit?

Standing patiently, Hayate chewed his lower lip, pondering. Glancing up at the clock once again, he saw that it was now the time when they were supposed to be meeting. Seeing one of the staff members, he stopped them and offered a polite smile. "Hi Cheng, you haven't happened to see a girl walk through here in the past few minutes have you?"

Cocking his head to the side, Cheng stared at Hayate blankly for a moment. "That... that was probably an incredibly vague question... sorry. Here, one sec." Reaching into his pocket, Hayate pulled out Meilin's picture from the file and showed it to Cheng. "This girl. Have you seen her?"

Shaking his head, Cheng shrugged apologetically. "Sorry boss, haven't seen her. You could try the gardens or the teahouse maybe. Not sure. Where were you supposed to be meeting her?"

Frowning slightly, Hayate nodded. "Thanks, sorry. Well, I had thought we were going to meet at the entrance here. But you might be right... I'll go take a look. If you see her, can you please ask her to stay here? I will be back in a few minutes."

"Will do."

Bowing his head slightly in thanks, Hayate headed off through the doors. Making his way through the gardens, he did not notice anyone that matched Meilin's appearance. Most of the visitors were the usual elderly folks who perused the gardens throughout the day. Smiling and waving politely to them as he passed, Hayate headed for the tea house.

Entering the building, he glanced around, briefly scanning the faces of the patrons. Pulling out the picture once again, he glanced at it before looking back up and smiling. Approaching Meilin, Hayate bowed his head. "I apologize tremendously if I have the wrong person here but might you be Meilin Cho by any chance?" Smiling somewhat sheepishly, Hayate hoped he had found the right girl.

Having taken a seat Meilin looked around. The place certainly had a peaceful atmosphere, that was for sure. Now and then she subtly eyed anybody that she could suspect being a member of the Guardian organisation. But most people were too old, or so she assumed, to be in active military service.
Raising her left hand the teen brushed a few strands of hair behind her left ear, wondering already what they would ask or want to know of her. And if she was allowed to ask questions back or if that would come later. Her thoughts were interrupted though as somebody approached her. Even bowing to her, which gave rise to a surprised expression from Meilin.
"That I am, yes," Meilin answered, getting up. The person didn't look much like a veteran or somebody that appeared as an officer, which made her wonder what this person's role in the Guardians was. Returning the bow back with one of her own, her right hand clenched in a fist and held against the open palm of her left hand.

Thank the Dragon, Hayate thought to himself, relieved that he had managed to find her. Offering his hand, the young Hyuzu eyed her for a moment, curious as to what had caused her surprised expression. he had a few ideas, most leaning towards his own, admittedly disheveled, appearance. Shaking the thought from his head, he offered a warm, genuine smile before continuing. "It is a pleasure to meet you Meilin. My name is Hayate Hyuzu, Captain Commander of the Guardians."

"I would like to apologize as it looks like there may have been a tiny miscommunication as to where we would be meeting and it looks like I am now a little late."

Extending her own hand to shake his Meilin flashed a smile back. While she looked calm Meilin felt a certain pressure. She had expected that she would meet up with a captain or some officer, not the captain-commander of the organisation.
"It is a pleasure to be here as well meet you, commander, sir," the teen replied back. On the comment of the slight miscommunication, Meilin flashed an apologising smile.
"I apologise as well. Was a bit too eager and might have forgotten to double check where the meeting would be held."

Chuckling, Hayate shook his head. "No need to apologize. This place can be quite large and confusing, especially for someone who is not used to it. Heck, even I get lost around here sometimes." Scratching the back of his neck, Hayate glanced around the tea shop. "Also, no need to call me sir as I am not yet your CO, Hayate is fine." Smiling again, he looked back to Meilin.

"Perhaps we can go somewhere a little quieter?" he asked. While the tea shop was typically a more quiet area due to the majority of the patrons being elderly, there was still a lot of people inside and it wasn't the best place to perform an interview.

Flashing a smile, Meilin wondered. It was rude to deny one's request such as his to call him sir, but to call the captain-commander of the Guardians just by his personal name? She hardly considered herself an acquaintance of him. Was it thus proper to be informal? Even if it was his own request?
"I understand, but may I perhaps then call you Hayate-sama?" was her first reply, "And, of course, I wouldn't mind that."

Biting the inside of his cheek as he thought for a moment, Hayate finally nodded, sighing internally. Though he preferred not to be referred to in a formal manner, he understood that his position somewhat required it and that it was a show of respect. "That will be fine, yes." he said, smiling.

"I believe the training fields should be open and it will give us plenty of space to talk privately." Turning he began to exit the teahouse, looking over his shoulder to make sure that Meilin was following him. Waiting until they had both exited the small building, Hayate continued speaking as he walked. "So, I am told that you wish to join the Guardians. I am always happy to see people take an interest." Turning his head to make eye contact as he spoke, Hayate continued. "May I ask why you would like to join us?"

Glad that she could still hold him up to an honorific that also made her feel more at ease Meilin would walk with him. During this walk, she once again wondered how much difference in skill was between them. Probably a lot, considering that he wasn't a captain-commander for nothing. Even if she wagered that their age couldn't be that much far apart. The mentioning of the training fields caught her by surprise, making the teen wary of what would happen. Unless he was just in the mood to have a talk outside instead of inside, which was fine with her.
Flashing a smile Meilin raised her right hand to rub her neck, for a moment. "Of course," she didn't need to think for an answer, "I guess it is somewhat selfish. Am not the best or most capable, but I am eager to learn. And heard a thing or two about the Guardians, hoping that I could join in order to receive more training and guidance. Then there is the fact that the Guardians have a certain... prestige, no? That certainly is alluring, I reckon, for most people of my rank."

Nodding, Hayate smiled. "I suppose that is quite true." Turning to look ahead once more, he waited a few moments before continuing. "Training and guidance is certainly something that you can find within the Guardians and it is a noble desire." Her response had made Hayate think about a few things and the boy grew silent once more.

The training fields were not far ahead and, as he had hoped, they appeared to be empty. "Prestige however? Well, I suppose you can also find that within the Guardians. However, it is not something that we tend to strive for." Glancing back at Meilin, Hayate tilted his head. "Though... speaking of prestige. You are a member of a fairly prestigious group already are you not? The Cho Guard is quite an impressive organization I must say." Stopping as they reached the fields, Hayate turned to Meilin fully and smiled. "What can you tell me about them?"

So far so good, Meilin thought to herself. But as Hayate turned silent Meilin wondered what would come next. She was still not certain why they were going to the training field, but decided against voicing the question. She didn't want to appear impatient, but what if she would come over meek? Realising that she was letting her nerves get to her, Meilin would push her doubts and questions in the back of her mind, deciding to just see what would follow.
When Hayate began, Meilin raised her left hand to scratch her left cheek for a second. A smile was portrayed on her thin lips, but her eyes closed by a bit when he brought up the Cho Guard. For a moment she remained silent. Considering her options, Meilin lowered her hand and folded it with her other, right, hand behind her back.
"Not much, I am afraid, Hayate-sama. The name says it more or less, doesn't it?" Meilin asked back in a polite tone.

His smile widening, Hayate slowly nodded. "Good." he said, happy with her answer. While he would have been more than happy to learn more information about the Cho Guard, that had not been the purpose of his question and it seemed so far that Meilin was proving to be a good candidate. "That it does." Walking a short ways onto the field, Hayate paused and turned back. "Tell me Meilin. What do you know of the Guardians and our purpose?"

Good? For a moment Meilin wasn't certain why that was good. It was good that he didn't inquire more about the organisation of her clan, but wasn't he curious about them? While she wouldn't indulge further on the response because it could always turn to more questions she wasn't so sure what the response entitled.
Walking with him Meilin thought for a second. "Already figured out that the Guardians are part of the royal guard, so the purpose is to protect the empress. But also heard from here and there that the organisation was founded to protect Konoha, which I must confess I find a little bit strange," making a short hand gesture Meilin frowned, "I am not really well know so what I heard is probably wrong. Am not that quite known with some things in Konoha, sir."

Raising an eyebrow as she mentioned that she found it strange, Hayate was curious. "Well perhaps I can try to help clear a few things up, if that would help?" Scratching his chin for a moment, Hayate pondered how to begin. "You are correct in stating that the Guardians are a part of the Royal Guard but there is in fact more to it than that."

Glancing back towards Azumi, Hayate continued, "The Guardians were originally formed by the Empress, a long time before the Empire was formed and before she was so well known. Kiyomi founded the Guardians to act as protectors of Konoha and to provide a place for people to come and learn and to seek guidance. While she is no longer the leader of the Guardians, we still hold true to her ideals. The only thing that has changed is that now we serve the Empire more so than just the village. That, and we have been granted the honour of serving as protectors of the Empress herself." Looking back at Meilin, Hayate wondered if he had explained himself properly. Deciding to give her a chance to digest the information, Hayate remained silent.

Listening first to what Hayate said, Meilin nodded as she would consider what he just told her. Thinking about what she had heard, the teen would speak a moment later again.
"My confusion mostly came from that I heard that the Guardians protect the capital. While I understand the necessity to defend the imperial capital from danger, there is so much more to the Empire than just the capital. I was wondering if the Guardians are only stationed here in Konohagakure or if there are other bases and places where they are located or will be."
Wondering for a moment on what his reply would be, Meilin couldn't imagine herself to be a guard of the Empress of Akino. Which probably wouldn't happen right after being allowed into the organisation. She assumed that it was probably only a task for the high ranked members.

When she explained where her confusion stemmed from, Hayate nodded. "That indeed makes sense. Currently, there is only one location for the Guardians and that is Azumi." Chewing his lower lip for a moment, the Hyuzu took a moment to choose his next words. "The problem is two-fold. While I most certainly agree that there is more to the Empire than this village, we do not yet have the manpower to open up secondary locations. Though there is perhaps an abundance of people who might be interested in joining an organization such as the Guardians, we have to be... careful in how we select our candidates." Locking eyes with Meilin, he continued. "For us, loyalty is an incredibly important thing. We are entrusted to keep the Empress safe, to keep the Empire safe. This includes both external and internal threats. As such, we have a duty to ensure that our members are chosen wisely." Scratching behind one of his ears, Hayate let out a quiet sigh. "This unfortunately means that we cannot expand quite as quickly and can thus not afford to open a new branch or location until we are certain we have the right people to maintain it."

Taking a breath, Hayate smiled somewhat sheepishly and tilted his head to the side. "So, with all that being said, do you have any more questions about The Guardians and our purpose?" Awaiting her reply, Hayate hoped that he had explained things a little better for her. He knew that he had a tendency to ramble when explaining topics that he was passionate about and this was one of those topics. He only hoped that he had not rambled on so much that he had confused her.

Listening to Hayate's explanation, Meilin would try to memorise what he just said. If anything, though, it did make her more interested in joining the organisation other than what it could benefit her. Even while the idea that she would be trained and try to become a member of a unit that was part of the Royal guard was quite unreal, because she couldn't imagine herself being able. Yet, there was nothing to lose from trying it she suspected - which was a good thing.
As he asked her if she had any questions Meilin shook her head.
"Not really, no," the teen answered.
She had the question at the tip of her tongue on what they would do. The fact that they were on a training field made her wonder if there was any test regarding her ability or if it was just going to be a kind of interview. Considering everything, Meilin did prefer if it would remain at an interview. Talking was so much easier.

"Excellent. We can move forward then." Folding his arms across his chest, Hayate took a moment to study Meilin. Thinking back to the brief training he had done with Saki, along with the research he had done himself, Hayate wondered if he had learned enough to make it work. "I am going to ask you a few questions now and I would like you to be honest with me." pausing for a moment, Hayate pondered something for a brief moment before continuing, "What do you consider to be your greatest strength, your greatest weakness and your greatest flaw?"

Move forward? Meilin instantly felt the need to be wary now, trying not to display any stress or that she felt a bit uncomfortable. The words made her already wonder in a rapid pace in her mind what he could conjure. As Hayate continued and wanted her to be honest Meilin regarding answering his questions she felt the need to state she hadn't been anything but honest. But could she blame him? No, not really.
But the question made her slightly waver on how to answer it. Raising her right hand to brush aside some strands of hair Meilin needed a moment before she would answer him. Remembering the mission she had done with Team 7, Meilin couldn't resist but release a sigh and lower her eyes.
"My biggest weakness, strength and flaw? Well, heh," she blushed a bit as her right hand scratched her cheek now, "I think my biggest weakness is the fact that I'm not the strongest in terms of psychological strength. I know how to throw and take a punch, learned that quite early. Or well, had to with my behaviour and attitude. When it comes down to a fight I don't really do well if I can't bring my opponent down quickly. Know some techniques and tricks to distract and lower guards, but yeah. I guess that is at the moment my biggest weakness."
Her biggest strength? Meilin instantly thought about answering that it was her laugh. She liked her own laugh, though she hadn't ever admitted that to anybody else. But she decided on to answer something that she considered right and was more serious.

"My biggest strength is probably that I don't back down easily. Not that I am a stubborn mule or anything. Well, depends on, on some occasions, I can be pretty stubborn but everybody is like that, right?" Starting to become a tad more nervous Meilin tried to not end up speaking in a fast pace that would make everything seem incoherent.
"I have been in some tough situations and spots but managed to pull myself through. Am not easily demoralised, so to say. That is probably now my biggest strength."
But now her flaw? She had a feeling that she had quite a lot. How easy was it to think of flaws when it comes to yourself, but picking one out was quite hard. At least, to pick one out and state: "This is my biggest flaw guys. Yes, it isn't being ugly or smelly, but being sadly stupid. I am stupid.".
"My biggest flaw is that I can be... insecure." The teen stated, with her voice lowering on volume as she answered the last question.

Listening as Meilin spoke, Hayate carefully considered her words. She had gone in depth in explaining her answers, something he appreciated greatly. When he had asked this question to some others before, they had either tried to focus more on their strengths or had offered simple one word responses. Meilin's responses however, gave him something to work with, allowed him to understand better.

Her weakness something that was very trainable and Hayate had definitely seen many people overcome their lack of physical strength. It didn't always mean they had to focus on building their strength, many times it simply meant they had to focus on using their minds as their main strength instead. Her strength was a very good sign. While stubbornness could occasionally be detrimental, Hayate did not see it as a bad thing. Her full determination was yet to be proven, but it was certainly a good start. As Meilin spoke of her flaw, Hayate felt a slight clench in the pit of his stomach. It was a flaw that struck close to home with him, something he knew of all too well.

Nodding slowly as she finished, Hayate offered a slight smile. "All of those are traits that I think would be a good fit here, so thank you for sharing them with me. As you mentioned before, the Guardians can also help with training your skills and building confidence in yourself." Looking away for a moment, Hayate chewed the inside of his cheek. "I, myself used to suffer through a lot of insecurity. I did not have confidence in myself and, while I trusted my abilities, I never considered myself to be worthy of anyone's effort or attention..."

Turning back to look at Meilin, Hayate continued."While there are still times where it comes back, the Guardians helped immensely in breaking me away from that insecurity. I feel like they could help you in that same way."

"Of the following, which do you consider the most important? Your life, your duty or your love?"
It was not exactly an easy question, nor a truly fair one. While there were not exactly any wrong answers, Hayate found it important to find out where she placed her values.

Upon seeing the smile Meilin wasn't certain how to take it. Perhaps he pitied her? Or the opposite? Without knowing enough about the captain-commander the teen was in the dark in trying to read and understand him right away, which was only made worse as her nerves made her only trying to understand everything right away become much more present.
But hearing that all the traits would be a fit caused Meilin at first to look surprised, only for a smile to dawn upon her lips a split second afterwards. Realising that she was basically happy that he considered her answer good, which wasn't in theory herself stating that she wasn't really some great material made the smile vanish. But he probably didn't mean anything bad with it, those blasted nerves.
When he continued, revealing something personal Meilin felt both out of place as great. Only because she was unsure how to reply to that revelation the teen would just nod, trying to make it apparent that she understood what he meant. All too well.

"I would really, really appreciate that. Truly," Meilin spoke as he stated that the Guardians could help her in the same manner. Perhaps it was a bit too soon but so far her experience told her that Team 7 wouldn't really be beneficial in strengthing her against her insecurity.
The following question, however, caused a longer silence than before to occur. Licking her lips Meilin forgot to keep up a calm expression, really feeling stressed out for a moment. Her life? Was of paramount importance. She liked to live. Death meant going to the hall of Akumu, the lord of death. Something she wasn't yet ready for. Not without her own personal quest done. So that also meant that her duty, to protect her family and friends was of paramount importance. Considering if she had the chance Meilin was confident that she would give her own life without a second thought to be certain that her relatives would be together. Safe and happy.
Love? For a moment she wasn't entirely sure if he meant if she loved somebody, as a guy or person. The thought alone made her frown as she hadn't met really anybody that she felt already super attached to. There was one face that came to mind that she felt a certain attraction for, but love? That wasn't really present. Unless, of course, he meant her family. Trying to not get confused Meilin decided to speak up.

"I actually don't know. I consider all of them important, but I would forsake my place and duty to make it happen to see... or know that my family have a shot to be back together. Even my life," realising now how edgy that could sound Meilin sighed as she felt slightly uncomfortable, "I mean, I value my life. It isn't bad, you know? I love to live, but both duty and the love for my kin... I am not sure, what I value more. Sorry."

Taking a moment after Meilin finished speaking, Hayate could tell that his question had caused her some difficulty. While he felt bad that he may have stressed her out, it was also the point of the question and Hayate tried instead to focus on that. Thinking about her answer for a moment, the young Hyuzu scratched his chin. "You have no need to apologize Meilin. That question is... well a little unfair." Giving her an apologetic smile, Hayate shrugged his shoulders. "Truth is, we are all people. That is going to make things difficult to choose between, especially considering every single person is going to be different. There is no right answer, nor is any truly better than the other." Locking eyes with Meilin, he continued. "Everyone is going to value things differently and our organization is not one that frowns upon that. The important thing is that you took time to answer the question rather than simply trying to say what you thought I considered to be the 'right' answer."

So far, he was impressed with the girl. While she had made it clear that she suffered from some insecurity and he could tell she was stressed, Meilin had not shied away from answering any of his questions. From what he could tell as well, she had not tried to hide answers from him. Those were good signs, and Hayate was happy that things appeared to be going well. "Where do you see yourself in the future?" he asked, wanting to clarify. Truth be told it was a question that he personally disliked as it was not something everyone could answer with certainty. It did, however, provide a little insight into what the person might want, their goals, etc. "Do you want to become a leader? A sensei for a team of young genin? Or do you have any other aspirations?"

Listening to what he said Meilin felt slightly better, but it wouldn't take away that she hadn't been able to answer his question. Even if there was no right one, she felt the desire to be able to convince him that he wouldn't make a mistake with allowing her into the organisation. Yet, how could she do such a thing if she wasn't even able to answer his questions properly? A faint smile was allowed on her lips as she would listen further to his reply.
As he explained it further she did agree with him but agreeing didn't mean that she felt great about it. The next question made her almost snicker. In the future? Hopefully wealthy beyond measure, skilled as the revered ancestors of her people and as happy as one could be. The idea of her being a leader? That was interesting but Meilin didn't know what kind of people would follow her leadership.

"Honestly, I haven't given it much thought. I suppose that I haven't ever given it much thought," she answered back, this time quicker than the previous time, "I used to want to become a guard in Keishi. My father used... well, he still is," Meilin said, rephrasing it because of a simple reason. "I guess that I am a bit astray from that goal now, aren't I?" The thought of going back to Keishi came briefly up but she wouldn't likely ever do that. Too much had happened and her current path and goal of finding her family couldn't be achieved with becoming a member of the city guard in Keishi.
"I doubt that I will be able to teach and have the patience to deal with genin. Might change later, but if anything I think my only ambition is to see my lost family be... well, found again. Safe and happy. Other than that," shrugging lightly as a soft laughter escaped her, "Guess that I am interested in too many things. Am trying to study all kind of matters and indulge into---" realising that she was half-rambling Meilin cleared her throat.
"Simply and shortly put, Hayate-sama, I have no clear aspiration other than to do what I hope will do some good."

Listening as she spoke, Hayate was not entirely surprised at first that she had not thought too much about it. After all, he had never been one to give it too much thought either. He had always been one to focus on the present and working on making that as best as possible. Now, however, he had other reasons to think about the future. Things to look forward to and things to complete. When Meilin mentioned her ambition so have her family found again, Hayate froze. it felt as if he had been kicked in the stomach and a wave of guilt washed over him. His own family... he had been the cause of it tearing apart. Not something he was proud of, nor would the shame or guilt ever truly vanish. Aside from Jora and his baby sister, Hayate had a new family now though, one he could trust and a far better one in his opinion.

Realizing that he had become lost in his own thoughts, Hayate snapped back to the present, catching the last bit of what Meilin said. "Wanting to do some good is perhaps the best that any of us can really hope for." Smiling again, the Hyuzu thought back to what she had said about being interested in too many things and another person came to mind, one who had a tendency to bury herself in all sorts of strange books. Looking towards Meilin, he nodded slowly. "I must say that I am impressed Meilin. Most of the time we perform these interviews, there is a skill performance that we evaluate. I have found, however, that it tends to get... well let's say that many times people focus more on proving their combat abilities than showing who they are as a person." Scratching behind one of his ears, Hayate grinned. "Kind of hard to judge that based off how hard someone can punch."

Looking back at the training fields, Hayate stayed silent for a moment. "I will be honest with you. Being a Guardian is not an easy task. While there is less responsibility put on new members, there is still an expectation that they will put effort into training and helping where they can." Turning back to Meilin, he continued, "In times of need, we can be assembled as a military force. Right now we are facing one of those times." Clasping his hands, Hayate locked eyes with Meilin. "So I ask you. Knowing everything that you do now, are you still interested in joining us?"

Shifting her weight on her left leg Meilin was once more caught by surprise by his words. Had she impressed the captain-commander of the Guardians? Unsure for a second how to response to his words Meilin allowed herself to fully smile now. Lowering her head a tad bit while rubbing her neck, her cheeks gained a faint reddish tint.
For a moment, however, Meilin wondered if she had been able to give a good enough impression to be allowed just with an interview into the Guardians. His words about that others usually tend to prove their combat abilities to speak for them, Meilin wondered how that was like. To watch people try to show off their skills and you needing to judge them. Every single one of them. Didn't really sound much like a fun occupation, she thought.
"Well, I know a way how to test how hard a person can punch," the teen stated in an amused manner. But he wasn't probably a fan of being hit as she hadn't ever met anybody who really fancied with being punched.

"Yes, I do," Meilin replied as well nodding, "I suppose it isn't much different from enlisting into the imperial military, regardless it is the shinobi corps or any other military branch. If I wouldn't be up for the task then I fear that my training and service wouldn't mean anything, right?"

Chuckling as she mentioned testing how hard someone could punch, Hayate shook his head. "I must say, I am not too fond of that part. Being punched all day can certainly put a damper on my mood." Smiling warmly, Hayate let her finish, happy with her answer.

Reaching out a hand, he spoke. "Then welcome to the Guardians."

Staring down at the hand for a moment that was stretched out towards her Meilin wasn't sure if this was still part of some test. A broad smile crossed her lips as she would reach out her own hand and shook his.
"Thanks, you won't regret this sir-- I mean, Hayate-sama. Really, promised."
Overjoyed Meilin already thought of what this could mean. It was perhaps a small step, but she could consider herself now a member of the Guardians. Trying to not keep smiling like a complete idiot Meilin wasn't sure what else to say or to do for a moment.
"Are you certain though that I don't need to show how well I can spit a fireball or throw a kunai? Or perhaps swing my sword? I guarantee you that it creates the best swoosh you ever have heard," Meilin thus joked, still half unsure if she was really being allowed into the organisation.

Laughing as Meilin discussed her swords 'swoosh' Hayate shook his head emphatically. "I shall take your word for it. Perhaps at a later time we shall have an opportunity to train and you can show me the swoosh then. Grinning, Hayate folded his arms across his chest. "I will say that I do not usually approve membership on the spot but you have proven to be a person rather than a walking punch machine. Something that I sincerely appreciate. I do not feel like you are the type to make me regret this decision either."

Genuinely happy at how the interview had gone, Hayate had found himself surprised. There had been too many times before where he had not been able to approve people as they had not shown him their capability of listening or having any level of maturity. Meilin had been a happy surprise. Not to mention he was happy to not have to get into a spar to see what she was capable of.

"Being a member of the Guardians does come with several things. Some of them are responsibilites, but others are more so beneficial. One of those things is housing within Azumi. While you are in no way required to take the offer, there will be a room set aside for you that you may stay in whenever you would like. There are several people within Azumi who can also be reached to assist with training or anything else that you might wish to learn." Scratching his chin once again, Hayate continued. "We have a library as well so you can feel free to visit that, though it is not necessarily as grand as the library within the palace or the village. There are still many interesting books and scrolls that we have gathered over time. So, do you have any questions?"

"I would like that, Hayate-sama," Meilin answered in return. Her day couldn't go bad now, of that she was certain. Meilin Cho the Guardian member. Perhaps she should imagine that member away? Then it had something inspiring to it. Meilin Cho of the Nayami Lineage, the Guardian. That sounded nice, at least in her head.
Snickering as he said she had proven herself to be a person Meilin was really glad about the compliment. "Thanks, really."

As Hayate started to explain some more Meilin nodded. When he menioned the benefits more than the responsibilities. "Thanks, I would really love that. For at the moment," she thought for a moment, "I have no questions. I... Well, thanks, really!" The broad smile reappeared back on her lips as she was at a lose of words to show her gratitude.

"You are very welcome, and thank you as well. This has been a somewhat more pleasant interview than some of the others I have encountered. It has been nice speaking with you Meilin." Thinking for a moment, he decided to add something else. "Whenever you would like, you may drop by Azumi and I can show you some of the different areas as well as introduce you to a few of the trainers. If you prefer, I can show you around today though you do not have to if you have other things to attend to." Looking back in the direction of Azumi, Hayate wondered when he was going to have to leave for the Eastern Continent. From what it sounded like, they would be heading out soon. If that were the case he would likely not get the opportunity to show Meilin around the place, though he could arrange for one of the other trainers who was staying to give her the tour.

One of the more pleasant interviews he had experienced? It was really hard now to get rid of the big grin that seemed to be stuck on her face. The offering of being guided around by the captain-commander himself made her just unable to react for a moment. She was becoming more certain that she would wake up, just managing to throw the shackles of sleep and realising that she had fallen asleep in the tea house. Likely missing out on the chance to join the Guardians. Yet the teen didn't pinch herself or try anything to test out if this was the reality. If it was a dream, then she would love it to continue on.
"You would honour me, Hayate-sama, but I think that I need to... euhm, a moment of myself." She said, unsure how to explain herself without losing face. If she hadn't already with still grinning as a silly child.
"But if you have some time soon, I would like to uphold you to that offer," she answered back, "Thanks again for your time and this chance, Hayate-sama. Really."

Nodding, Hayate had to keep himself from chuckling again as he saw Meilin's reaction. It was clear that she was quite excited and it was hard not to share in her excitement. "Then I shall leave you be for now. I do hope you have a good day Meilin. And please, do visit Azumi when you are ready and I will be happy to show you around." Turning to head back towards the building, he paused. Looking back over his shoulder he added, "I may be headed for the Eastern front sometime over the next few days. I do apologize in advance if I am sent out before you have a chance to come by, but I will ensure that someone will be there to help out." Smiling once more, he bowed his head and turned back. Placing his hands in his pockets he began the walk back to Azumi, happy with the results of his latest interview.
[/spoili]

[fieldbox=The hunter becomes hunted? - part II, violet]

Team 8 Collab,
Amegakure - noon.

Summary :
Team 8 gathers and holds a debriefing where they receive afterwards a lecture from Aiko. Once done, the jounin passes on a training assignment. One where they must find and track a hidden target, in order to learn how to recognise and combat some tactics of insurgents. However, something else happens that disturbs the training.

Previous post.

[spoili]

Neji listened to his two squadmates talk and took everything in consideration "Well looks like its settled then we will meet back here in fifteen minutes if anyone finds anything let the others know." With that Neji took off in the opposite direction of Kazumo as he too blended into the crowd. He took a walk around as he looked out for anything suspicous. So far everything seemed normal. People were in the streets going into the shops, resturants and bars just living their lives, nothing out of the ordinary. Neji sighed as he thought about this mission. What would be something supscious enough to get their attention?

A cold sensation would be noticed by the group, though only familiar for Kazumo, even while not being at the same place. It was very brief, but it was familiar to what Kazumo had encountered not too long ago. The streets were at this time of the day occupied with people who went to either shop or pick up some groceries. Some likely had a free day of work, going to family or friends. Then there were others who spoke of a Godai match that was being held within a few hours. A pair of local favorites would battle it out in the Training Facility, where since recently the Godai matches could be held as the facility could wipe up various fields to make it more interesting. As the split up group would scout ahead, there wasn't much signs of trouble or panic going on. There were, of course, people who still talked about the events that had recently transpired. Street heralds who spread the word and made it clear that the peace should not only be kept by the police corps or the troops, but also by the civilians themselves. Any sign or knowledge of those who started the riots were to be reported right away in order to ensure and keep the safety of the citizens.

Then suddenly, a voice spoke through the earphone communicator. "Is this thing on? Oh, think so. So, good day, good people of the Fire province. I say, Fire province, cause I haven't yet got a real clue where you all are from. But I have some hints on that the group exists out of a few Hyuuga and just some.. kids, right? Right," the cracking sound of snickering would ring over the communicator of the team. "Anyhow, I have somebody here who lend me her earphone communicator. Wouldn't have been able to succeed without some help. Is there by any chance that boy listening? Would have need to blow my cover if it weren't for that young, noble hero.~"

Another voice spoke up, in a foreign language - different from the one that Kazumo and Aiko were familiar and used with - causing the female voice to become silent for a moment. "Aha, well, don't want to interrupt you all anymore than I already have. Just know that we're watching.

And we know where you are."

As Kazumo would move away from the group, he suddenly halted in place as his body tensed up. A familiar cold feeling hit him which caused him to go on alert looking around. "Another one?! Is this sensei's doing?" Kazumo would think to himself walking very carefully now, ignoring the civilians saying that Shinobi shouldn't be the ones to keep them safe. As he continued onwards he would stop when a voice sounded through the communicator, one that didn't belong to sensei or Hiraku and Neji. The voice started off on a seemingly friendly note, although it annoyed him a bit that she labeled him a a kid, its what was said afterwards that posed a shock. Someone lent her their ear communicator and then she spoke about how she wouldn't have been able to succeed with some help. the help of a young boy, a young hero. Neji.....

Then a language not Chonobi was spoken which caused confusion before she said she would let them go, but to just know they are watching and know where they are. After that not much was said. Kazumo remained silent as well. If what this voice said, the woman who lent her communicator must be Sayuri, the one who has been missing, and the noble hero had to be Neji. Which now posed a lot of unanswered questions. Turning around Kazumo would head back the way he came. Heading for a different objective.

Hiraku nodded to the others, watching each one walk away. It was true that he out-ranked the others, but that didn't mean that he was always right and he certainly knew that, and wanted suggestions from the others when they could afford to suggest. As the two others disappeared into their own respective crowds, he sighed slightly, knowing he wouldn't be quite as good at it due to his eyes. This was a time he couldn't help but wish he had at least brought sunglasses with him... a note for the future, then.

As Hiraku began walking through the crowd, attempting to disappear, essentially, like his teammates did, a voice came through his communicator. He would frown at the unfamiliar voice if he weren't trying to go unnoticed. As the voice began speaking, Hiraku shivered a bit, had it always been this cold? Hiraku did frown as he heard the end of that, and turned his head towards where he had come from. He spoke through his own communicator now, "Change of plans, we need to group up, communicators aren't safe anymore." He turned around, heading back towards the plant shop they had agreed to meet at, hoping Aiko still had her own communicator and would be able to judge whether the training mission should proceed as normal.

Neji contiuned to walk the streets of the rain village, there was really nothing strange going on. People were just living their lives after the events that took place. There were people in the streets who said that Shinobi and the police force should't be the ones to keep the public safe. That was not strange enough though for Neji to alert the other two. It had been about ten minutes since they departed from each other he had five minutes to make it back to the flower shop. Neji tunred a corner and started to head back when all of a sudden he felt a shiver go down his spine and a cold feeling in the air that was not there before. All of a sudden a voice came on the communicator.

A female voice that didnt belong to their sensei. He listned very carefully the lady talked about how she had gotten this communicator from someone. Neji thought for a moment that must be Sayuri she was talking about. He knew that she had gone missing and that she was no where to be found. Then she mentioned a young noble hero. Neji's eyes widened she was talking about him. He saved her from blowing her cover? What was this what was going on. Neji was starting to get angry, who exacly had he saved? She was so helpless at the time. Blow her cover? What did that mean? All these thoughts ran through his head as he quickly made his way back to the flower shop. She then spoke in a foreign language which Neji could not understand. She said they were watching and that they knew where they were. Neji quickly made his way back to the flower shop to wait for the others. Neji's face showed deep concern as he thought about the incident in his head going over it again and again and again. Neji starting to relaize what he may have possibly done.

He heard Hiraku's voice but he tuned it out as he continued his brisk walk back. Spotting said meet up spot, with Hiraku not there but a certain someone was. Kazumo put on a worried expression as he walked up to Neji. "Neji! We will worry about what that lady said over the communicator in a moment, yet currently I saw Hiraku engaging someone on his way back. You are needed come on!" Kazumo said and to make it a bit more believeable, took off running back the way he came.

Neji stood waiting for the other two to make it back. Neji continuing to replay the whole scene over and over in his head. Neji looked up as he heard his name being called. Neji shot a look up as he saw Kazumo walk towards him. He heard what Kazumo said and then saw him run off in the direction he came from. Neji ran after him, he thought it was well a little odd? If Kazumo saw Hiraku enganging with someone why would he not stay and help him? Thye could always contact Neji on the communicator even though that woman might be listening. Neji followed Kazumo " So what is thr sitaution then?"

As he was running he didn't look back at Neji to answer. "I was passing by this alley to regroup when I saw Hiraku being grabbed by this woman. I would have contacted you, but if they have our communicator it's not safe to discuss anything. Even Hiraku said such!" Kazumo would then halt at the alley not too far from the regroup position, where down in the alley "Hiraku" would be located facedown on the ground. "Shit!" he said as he rused over to "Hiraku" checking for a pulse. "Neji who was that woman exactly? You need to explain why shes attacking us." Kazumo asked as he lifted a still breathing "Hiraku" who if Neji looked at would see did indeed look like Hiraku.

"Can you hold him? I'm going to try and give him some water, see if there is any poison in him that I can wash away with it."

Neji followed Kazumo and heard his explanation. It made sense but still something felt off. Neji followed Kazumo down the alley where he saw Hiraku laying down on the ground face down. Neji's eyes widened and he ran towards Hiraku. " I um, I um I dont know who she was. She was defenseless, I thought she was just a civilian. These three men were going to do who knows what to her. I would have no idea why she would be doing this, I thought she was a civilian."

Neji looked down at Hiraku as he bent down next to him and then held him for Kazumo "yes of course."

"Is that all? Nothing off about her that you can remember? You just saw danger and rushed in? Damnit Neji you can't be doing that!" Kazumo said handing Hiraku over gently to Neji, taking out his canteen of water. He first inspected Hiraku for any bleeding, when none were spotted besides some minor cuts. He would hold the water to Hiraku's mouth and pour a little in. They would see "Hiraku" swallow it and a few moments later open his eyes and coughing a bit would look around at Neji and kazumo before clutching Neji by the arms as Kazumo placed his left hand on Neji's shoulder with a knife in his right hand. "Perfect example of not rushing into danger. So now that we can pretty much confirm that Sayuri is dead because of this woman you saved. I need to know right now anything. Anything! You might be leaving out Neji. Information now is vital in making sure we all live."

Neji held onto Hiraku as Kazumo started to clean him off and give him some water to drink. Neji kept his gaze off of Kazumo as he scolded him just jumping into action. Neji looked down at Hiraku and saw him drink the water which made Neji relax a little bit. Hiraku opened his eyes and looked at Neji and Kazumo. As Neji was about to open his mouth to speak, Hiraku grabbed both of his arms. Kazumo placed a hand on his shoulder and put a knife to his back. "What the? What the hell are you two doing?" Neji looked at Hiraku as he started to fell angry and didnt know exacfly what to do. " I told you already that there was not much too her. She was wearing plain clothes had brown hair brown eyes, stood at about 5'5 and seemed to be in distress. She was getting attacked by three men and looked in no way able to defend herself."

He listened to Neji growing a bit more frustrated at his words. "So you just rush in? What's the worse that happened? She got a little banged up, maybe tied up? They weren't out for blood Neji but to make a point! We are shinobi Neji, not heroes! We do our mission not follow our morals." Kazumo lectured him sighing as he let go of Neji and stood up rubbing his forehead. "Brown hair, brown eyes, at five feet and five inches. Great. A description of a typical looking woman." Kazumo mumbled putting his knife away. "Fucking idiot.... you can come out now Sensei.... I'm sorry." Kazumo spoke in Chonobi, as "Hiraku" who was holding Neji poofed into smoke.

"Calm down," Aiko stated in a calm tone, replying back in Chonobi towards Kazumo. Slowly the woman seemed to appear from the pouring rainfall, a bit away from the two genin. Leaning against the wall, she was looking out from the direction that they had came from, not really looking worried or even interested in what the two genin had been doing. "Regroup with Hiraku. I will be on your two's six," slightly she turned her head to throw a sideways look at the two before starting to vanish once more in the rain.

Neji wanted to speak up and say something but he did not, as much as Neji hated admiting it Kazumo was right. Neji jumped in without knowing the full situation and now Sayuri being taken may have been all of his fault. Neji sighed as he mentally just felt awful right now. All of a sudden Hiraky poofed away anf their sensei came out of the shawdows. She told them to meet up with the real Hiraku. Neji didnt know what was going on and he wasnt sure if he liked it.

Kazumo just nodded to his sensei and started making his way back to the plant shop, not bothering to help Neji up or even if he was following. This whole day turned into a shit show, and it was only getting worse. So in silence with not a single word he would make his way back to the meet up spot wher Hiraku was most likely waiting, probably confused on where they were.

Hiraku, having gone back to the meeting point and finding no one, frowned and looked about, crossing his arms and deciding to wait a minute before checking back in on communicators. It wasn't too long before he got worried and got ready to check if they were okay via his communicator, but then he saw Kazumo approaching and he focused on him. "Kazumo, have you seen Neji? If he's still not here soon, we may have to contact sensei and focus more on finding out what happened to whoever went missing..."

Neji followed behind Kazumo, not directly behind there was a decent ammount of distance between them. Neji heard the last words that Hiraku spoke as they reached the flower shop." I am here so lets just keep going." Neji not even looking up to speak, just keeping his head down. Neji had messed up and it looks like he messed up bad. Maybe he was not meant to be a shinobi? Maybe he should be just a regular person like some others in his clan and the innocent civilans in the village. Neji just continued to play the scene out over and over in his head. Trying to see if he could remeber anything else about the woman he helped in the alley.

"No."

The word was spoken as Aiko would slowly come into sight, once more appearing from the thin air and rain. From under the cover of the hood of her raincoat she looked at her team. Or what was left from the group that had been assigned to this operation. "We won't continue this with a training. Clearly the Zealots have an edge over us now, having cut down the communication edge that we held in the field," Aiko said, her tone cold and stern. "Which means that the roles have somewhat turned. Due to that we are going to handle this differently. I will need to contact some people. Use the earphone communicator only when needed."

For a moment the woman wanted to instruct them to get incognito, but that would be somewhat impossible. If the enemy was aware of them and had a track of their chakra, then that meant that they had to turn to more obscure methods to 'vanish'. Which they weren't taught yet, certainly not in an urban situation. A plan did, however, come up to mind. "You are all excused for just today. Try to win information, go back to the barracks or whatever you see fit. Don't use the earphone communicator unless it is in dire need. I will be at the Amekage office, so not too far away if you guys will head back to the barracks." Turning already half around, the woman seemed to consider something. Giving Neji a sideways look Aiko frowned for a moment.

"Everybody makes mistakes as a genin. Learn from it and use that to grow. We will talk later, once I am done." That having said Aiko would start to walk away, heading towards the Amekage office.

Kazumo would fold his arm as he moved towards Hiraku whos first question was about Neji. He didn't have to answer as the boy showed up a moment later and said they should keep going, which caused every fiber of Kazumo's being to not show any signs of annoyance. Did he forget their sensei was literally watching them? Who would tell him no and appear before them, giving them the new rundown on what was going to happen. The training was scrapped for obvious reasons and that she would contact some people, telling them the communicators were dire need only.

She would then excuse them for today, to do whatever they see fit. Telling them she would be at the Amekage's office. Kazumo would give her a bow prepared to walk away as she began speaking again, yet once it was directed towards Neji he continued to walk away and back to the barracks.

Neji heard what Aiko sensei said about scrapping the trraining and giving everyone the rest of the day off. The zealots now held most of the cards and had the advatage. It made sense to rest, the rest of the day until a plan could be formed. Aiko then spoke to Neji saying that all genin make mistakes and that he should learn from it and grown, she also said that they would talk later. " Yes sensei." With that Neji turned on his heels and headed back to the barracks. He was going to use some of this time to train, he wanted to make up for this awful blunder somehow. He hoped doing some training would clear his mind and allow him to think.

Hiraku frowned, this time at the return and lack of answers. He saw Aiko appear, hoping she would cancel the training in favor of a better time. When she did, he was relieved, he knew none of them would be able to focus on learning as easily knowing that them and their teammates were at risk. He glanced to the others for a moment before nodding as Aiko essentially gave them free reign while also suggesting going to the barracks slightly more over anything else. As he saw Neji heading off on his own for the barracks, Hiraku rushed to catch up to him. "Neji, hold on... I want to talk to you, if that's alright."
[/spoili][/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox="Sho Deshuga, lightblue"]
Team What? Chuunin | On the Streets

As he was wandering, trying to figure out what to do next Sho found himself stopped as a voice called out his name. A girl's voice. For a moment Sho thought that it might be Kuni who was here with a profound apology and a new job, but it was not. It didn't sound like Kuni's voice. So he turned, annoyed at the fact that someone was stopping his sulking.

It was his teammate.

What was her name again? Yore? Yone? He wasn't quite sure, but that seemed to be somewhat right. Something with Yo at least. She had been somewhat interesting because of the way she talked back at him and Kona, but then she had sort of disappeared so Sho had already given up on her. Why waste time with someone who wasn't going to be around for long. He gave her a look over and wondered what she had been up to. Hadn't she been booted off the team when she didn't follow Mitsunari? Why was she talking to him? He had nothing really to say to her honestly. But she was raising her hand at him and even flashed a smile. She stated that she was thankful that he helped her. Sho stared at her.

The Imazaki post office. Such lovely memories. First time in a long while that he had been trying to do something for the greater good and it had turned out wonderfully. Not. But honestly this was the first person to say thanks for it and that felt... slightly nice. He was pretty sure he had done something good that day even though it ended shitty. "No problem..." he said, suddenly slightly unsure what to say. People never thanked him because he generally avoided doing things that people would thank him for. "Did Mitsunari kick you off the team?" he asked after a short pause because she was still standing there. As he asked it he turned back to the road and kept walking sort of expecting that Yone would either follow or not. Most likely not. Either way he wouldn't care.

They were getting close to the barracks. Sho wasn't quite sure why his feet had dragged him this way, but he had half a mind to keep going an perhaps get some training done. There was some Godai stuff that he needed to practice after all. Might as well do it now, now that he was out of a job. Maybe playing some Godai matches could actually earn him some money.

Suddenly Sho halted as he saw a figure cross the road somewhat before him, followed by a second figure. A smirk appeared on his face. Perfect. Just the guy he needed to blow off some steam. Ignoring Yone all of a sudden Sho quickly walked in the direction of Neji who was walking towards the barracks apparently followed by someone who maybe was his teammember or friend?

"Oi!" he called out. "Uchiha! What are you doing in my city? Have you come to see how much better Amegakure is compared to your shitty village with your shitty compound? Here to challenge me again?"

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=A long day - part II, wheat]
A sensei of the sword and bombs?
Acknowledgement?!

A collab made between Oetje and Gerontis.

Summary:
Koike and Meilin have yet another training. At the end of the training, the two decide to head towards the HQ of the Guardians, with Meilin now being a member of the organisation. There Koike shows his workshop as the two talk about the activity that Koike commits in the workshop as well a promise between the two. This occurs in the morning of the present - with the feast thus at the evening.

[spoili]
After having refreshed himself and wearing clean clothes Koike made his way towards the Hon compound. Once more Akumu accompanied him. It did cause that more people in the compound recognised him but Koike would this time nod or greet back. Even if it still felt a bit 'wrong'. There was still a small piece of him that made it clear that he was only the White Blade because his father and sibling had died, which didn't really feel good. But nobody meant to remember him of that or so he hoped. Arriving at the place Koike was, however, relieved to see that there weren't many who were making use of the hall. There were a few people who were practising taijutsu or being trained in handling a weapon as well some people attending to their gear - judging by the sound of grind wheels and hammers.

As he had to wait, being a bit earlier than he should've been Koike watched how a pair trained together in using shield and sword. Recognising several techniques and manners Koike crossed his arms out front of his chest.

Opening the door Meilin hadn't been able to resist to come earlier. She had practised the lessons that Koike had taught her the previous time. Hoping that she would be able to learn more today the teen was a bit uncertain if she could just enter the building where they had met last time. Certainly, now that she noticed that there were other people around. Closing the door behind her, leaving the cold outside, Meilin saw the young man. And a large canine near him, fur being dark that made it look quite menacing. It was certainly not looking a dog, making her wonder if this was a dire wolf. Catching herself staring at the animal Meilin would recompose herself before approaching Koike.
"Hello Koike, hope I didn't make you wait for too long," she said, flashing a smile while making sure she wasn't too close to his canine companion.

Focused on watching the training Koike frowned for a moment upon hearing somebody close greet him. Turning his head he noticed Meilin. "Ah, no not at all. Come, we will begin right away. Unless you have any questions regarding the last training?" He replied, gesturing her to come with him. Finding their own spot to talk and train Koike would pick up two blunted training swords.

"No, no questions at all. Everything was clear and tried to practice it myself. Went okay. At least, that is what I thought. That it went okay, heh."
Realising that she was being more talkative Meilin rubbed her neck for a second as she followed him. Throwing a look at the large black canine that walked at Koike's side, she felt the need to ask a few questions about his companion. All she knew about dire wolves was that they were the 'mascot' of the Hon clan and that if one managed to grip a good bite on you that it could cost you a limb or your life.
Deciding that it was perhaps better to ask and try to strike a conversation about the dire wolf after the training Meilin would remain silent.

"Glad to hear," Koike said. Wondering for a moment if he should really see her now as an apprentice. The old man had paid him to train her, so in theory, she was now his sword-apprentice. Was that a thing? A sword-apprentice? Had a nice ring to it, he thought. "Today we are going to work on parry and blocks. Here," holding one of the two practice blades towards her Koike continued, "It is, after all, important to stay alive and knowing how to defend yourself. So we will work on that today."

"Sounds good to me," Meilin answered in an eager fashion while taking the blade he offered in her hands. Weighing the practice blade for a moment Meilin would look back at Koike, ready to start the training.

"Good. As I said, we are going to work on parries and blocks. As you might or might not know by now there are various ways to parry an incoming strike. I will teach you the basics with also some theory that goes along with it. One of them is that parrying with the flat side of the blade," Koike began as he would pat the flat side of the practice sword, "Is something that some people either like or don't like. There are various arguments for it, but I will just teach one flat parry that I don't quite mind. Take up the hanging sword stance I taught you before."

Slightly puzzled as he began Meilin wasn't sure how a parry on the flat side would work. Doing as he told her so the teen would take the stance and wait for further instruction.

"Okay," walking up close he would tap gently on the place just above the cross guard, "This here is where I want you to direct the force. Keep in mind that it isn't going to be a hard parry, which means that you don't need to block it firmly. I will come in with a high slash with the goal that you don't just fight against the force but use it. Here, I will show you," the young man would take a few steps back and take the stance, nodding towards Meilin, "Come in with a high attack. For the sake of learning, just make the movement slow so that you can follow what I will do as the reaction."

Listening to Koike, Meilin wondered for a moment how he would parry it. Waiting for him to take the stance Meilin would step forward as the blunt blade was raised. Making sure to keep her movement at a slow pace she tried to both focus on executing the high attack in a proper fashion as well eyeing his movement.
Waiting for her blade to contact his Koike already was slightly moving. Slightly raising his blade with the flat side towards the incoming strike Koike wouldn't press back or block it as he called it 'hard'. Instead, he would step forward in a diagonal manner while letting his blade 'roll' as Meilins blade moved downwards. Just as he finished his step the blade was already moving around, this time the edge turning towards Meilin.

"It is simple but takes some practice. In this way, you can quickly end a fight without really any hard effort as you first don't fight your opponent's strike. You need to see it as moving with them and ending the 'dance'. As you see my blade could have hit you in the neck or head which often isn't really healthy for any opponent. Okay," taking a step back he would nod towards Meilin, "Now it is your turn. I will move slowly and just try to mimic what I did. Keep your movements slow and focus on seeing how the blades move."

Slightly surprised she stared at the blunt edge of Koike's sword. If it had been a real fight it would've, of course, been much faster and with his blade indeed at her neck. Impressed and eager she would take the stance and nod that she was ready. Focusing, she hoped that she wouldn't mess it up.
Taking step forwards as he would execute a high attack Koike watched her movements closely, on the look-out for any flaws.

As he had done before Meilin would attempt to slightly raise her blade as if she was about to block the incoming strike. Instead, she would let the incoming strike hit the flat side while she would step aside. Only for her blade to fall out of her hands as she tried to manoeuvre it as Koike had done.
"Oh, sorry. May I..." her voice trailed off as she threw a look at Koike.

Who nodded as he would take a step back. "Remember your grip. It is okay to have your sword drop now but I doubt you want to have that happen in a fight," he told her, trying to encourage her with an enthusiastic tone.

"I-Is it ever going to be easier?" Meilin asked.
Leaning forward with her hands on her knees the teen was exhausted. The training had taken a few hours with only two breaks taken. She felt that it was going better but doubted that she would be confident enough to attempt anything. Groaning softly she would straighten her back. Seeing that Koike was doing much better than her the teen wondered how much training and expertise the young man had with this all. Evidently much more than her.
"Sorry that I am not that quick with learning," she told him as she started to realise that was taking hours every time when he was trying to teach her something.

"In a way, it does. But it is good that you put an effort in it!" He replied back at first. Letting the blunt blade rest against his shoulder the young man flashed a grin. Only for that grin to fade as he was surprised by her words. For a moment he wasn't sure how to react back as in his opinion Meilin wasn't doing that bad. Quite the opposite. In fact, he had to admit that he even started to enjoy teaching her how to handle a sword. Perhaps there was something fun to teaching another person? "No need to apologise. You're trying to learn it so don't be too hard on yourself." Pausing for a moment he would frown for a second. "Do you enjoy the training?"

His words caused her to faintly smile. Straightening her back she tried to keep holding on to the practice sword even while she just felt like laying down and doing nothing anymore for today.
"Thanks and euhm," she was a bit surprised by his question if she enjoyed the training.
"Yes, I do. I really enjoy being taught by you. Though, does that mean I can call you sensei?" Meilin asked in a friendly tone as her head slightly tilted to the right.

Thinking about it Koike wasn't sure what to say. A soft sigh escaped him as he would half turn around. "If you think that is fitting then, by all means, go ahead," the young man replied, "Koike would just do fine, but if you feel more comfortable with calling by sensei, I can't really do anything to stop you." Reaching out a hand towards Meilin, gesturing to the practice blade he would think on when they could pick up the training. "I will be busy the coming days, but maybe in two days at the same time I can arrange some time to train with you again."

Giving him the practice blade Meilin would blow gently some hairs aside before replying back to Koike.
"Oh, that is okay. Shall I perhaps visit you at Azumi? Seeing that I am now allowed to stay there, after all,~" there was a certain hint in her voice that was seeking out what he thought of her now being a member of the Guardians, "If that is easier for you. The Captain-commander told me that most of you are making ready and setting up preparations to head out east."

"Hm? Ah," a smile dawned on his lips as he gestured her to walk with him. "I would be okay with that. And congratulations. Am certain that you will find your spot in the Guardians in time." Placing the practice swords where they belonged Koike thought of something. Once more he beckoned her to follow him. "Now that you're a member perhaps now I can show you my workshop. "

Instantly Meilin found back some energy, nodding as he made the suggestion, following him quickly. "I would love that, 'sensei'!"
A certain cheerful emphasis was placed upon the last word as if Meilin was testing out the word. Eyeing the long hall she hoped that they could train a few more times before he had to go. It would be certainly a pity that she would then have to proceed on her own. Then again, it could be perfect to show him that she was serious and memorised his training.

"This is it," he stated as he unlocked the door. Stepping aside so that she could enter first the room was always clean and the materials were organised in a tidy manner. If there was anything worse than a mess it was a mess with products and matters that shouldn't be just mixed or lay around. "As you might remember, I don't make bombs for anybody outside the Guardians. The subsidies that go towards the Guardians also find their way to this workshop. Most goods I buy from the Merchant district or need to order," he informed her, gesturing that she could take a look around while he would take a seat near his workbench. His workshop wasn't the most spacious as he often worked just alone for hours - enjoying the peace and quiet, his mind cleared out as he was focused on crafting the bombs.

Taking in the room Meilin would walk more into the room after noticing that it was okay. In a slow and cautious manner, she would walk around, observing the organised material. There were labels that described what they were and a few made her wonder why he was using the oil of a skunk.
"Okay, I get that you can use some stuff to create but," pointing at the skunk oil Meilin couldn't help but smile a bit, "Skunk oil?"

Noticing that she was intrigued Koike remained silent. When she, however, brought up the skunk oil Koike chuckled. "Doesn't sound that dangerous. But I have found the use of skunk oil bombs quite... effective. The stench sticks to a person and can cause them to become either dizzy or feeling nauseous. Excellent to use it to create an opening to escape or make it impossible for the enemy to just hide away. Cause while you can wash it off, it is really stubborn to get the oil out of clothing."

Huh, that was smart Meilin thought to herself. Throwing another look at the skunk oil she wasn't sure if she would be happy if somebody would throw a bomb containing that material at her. The idea that she would reek for some time didn't sound that comfortable.
"And coal dust? Doesn't sound that dangerous, at all," Meilin asked as she leant a bit closer to take a good look at the contained material.

"Coal dust? Ah, that is particular nasty one. It serves as a loud bomb. The explosion isn't really dangerous in a substantial manner as that will not tear up anything but your hearing and balance for some short time," Koike explained, slightly amused by her curiosity. Rubbing his chin for a second he would continue to explain why that coal dust was a particular nasty addition to a bomb. "Coal dust suspended in the air has an explosive reaction. That is why empty mines can be more dangerous than full ones. The tactical use of the bomb is to destabilise a target or more victims to either allow an escape or an opening. What I also have uncovered is that you have to be careful to not be too close to the ignition. A reason why I often use a metal casing so that it won't explode on contact when using a Terracotta casing."

Growing ever more curious Meilin would walk around for a few minutes, taking in the workshop and the tools he used to craft his own bombs. There were more questions coming up in mind but she didn't want to irk him with an endless amount of questions.
"Will you be willing to teach me how to craft a bomb?" Meilin asked in a shy manner already with an apologising smile on her lips.

"Hmmm, well, I could use somebody who is interested and willing to help now and then with incoming orders. If you want to then I suppose it would be fair that you can also use the workshop and keep an eye on it when I am not around." Koike replied in return. He would gesture her to come to the workbench as he would grab various tools as well a metal casting. "Grab a bit of the coal dust and then I will show you how to make a thunder bomb."

Happy that he was willing to teach her as well taking her in as his apprentice in the crafting of bombs Meilin did as he asked. Walking towards him she tried to look over his shoulder what kind of tools he was using. As Koike would explain in detail how it worked and what was vital Meilin would just listen. A smile adorning her lips while holding her hands at her back.
[/spoili]
[/fieldbox]

Neji Uchiha
Konohagakure Genin
Neji continued to walk towards the barracks in Amegakure. His squads training was done for the day as Aiko sensei canceled the training as it looks like the lady Neji helped during the riots has turned out to be one of the zealots. Neji had messed up, because he helped this woman she didn't have to unveil herself and show who she truly was and because of that she was able to kidnap one of their squad mates who happened to be from the Uchiha clan as well. Neji had messed up and he had messed up bad it looked like. Neji continued to play out the whole event in his head. He desperately wanted to see if their was Anything else he could remember that would help them right now, but it wasn't working. He had gone through the event so many times and it looked like he had remembered everything but he was still going to try. Neji heard Hiraku say he wanted to talk and Neji wasn't sure what he was going to say. For now though he was just going to keep walking to the Barracks Hiraku could talk to him there if he wanted. As he continued to walk he heard his last name. Neji picked his head up and stopped in his tracks, he turned around and looked at the kid who called out his name.

It was Sho the kid he fought at the seafort back during the chunin exams. The kid that embarrassed him in front of a lot of people. Neji grinded his teeth, but calmed himself down. Usually Neji would be raring to go and would want to fight this kid again. Right now though he just didn't care about him. He had too much on his mind. "
I don't have time for you." With that being said Neji turned around and stared to walk towards the barracks again.

[fieldbox=Hiraku Hyuuga]
Hiraku frowned slightly at the fact that Neji seemed to be ignoring him. He tried to catch up, but suddenly heard someone shouting. He didn't want to get into someone else's business, but seeing as Neji had already been punished for a mistake today, likely caused some serious trouble overall, and clearly wasn't in the mood based on his reply, he decided it'd be better to help Neji out if he could. Alongside that, he wasn't sure this new voice had very good intentions, considering how he spoke, and getting into a fight with someone from the village would definitely not help their current situation. He stopped, turning towards the voice that shouted about their 'shitty' village, and began moving to intercept him so he couldn't bother Neji any more. He gave a quick smile and nod to Sho before speaking up, "Actually, we have our reasons to be here. We're busy, and I apologize about that, but if you'd like to speak to him, you can visit our village as you please. For now though, we have business we're required to attend." He gave a quick smile and bow, attempting to continue following Neji to the barracks, still hoping he could talk with him.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=SilenceI, green]
Harumi Uchiha,

| ANBU | Akinian Empire | Konohagakure, at home. |

Pouring the warm water into the mug Harumi would start to make some mint tea with honey. It had been somewhat peaceful once she had returned from her mission in Keishi and delivering the catches that she and the other ANBU had made to the Intelligence Division. In the time that she had been back Harumi had mostly stayed at home. Doing some small chores and making herself scarce. Something she was good at. Not that she was afraid that she would have much interaction with Hisoka. They lived in the same house but still managed to live separately. Living in silence.

Only the silence was different the past two or so weeks. Somehow the silence between her and Hisoka had altered and at first, Harumi wasn't sure why. Not that he spoke more or less against her. Not there was anything really different but it was just in the atmosphere. It was even more uncomfortable than it had been at first. For the first few days, Harumi had been even more cautious to not cross Hisoka's path or being heard or seen. One could remark that her skill and experience as an ANBU came in handy but Harumi found it only tedious that she had turned towards the abilities she had learned to perform her work to try to escape the uncomfortable silence.

But it didn't work.

Unable to understand it Harumi had tried various solutions. Doing some small things in order to make certain that Hisoka wouldn't need to stick long around. Making him some dinner at points so that he had something to eat when coming home from work - while she would already be 'scarce'. It then became clear that the origin was the death of a Senju who had nothing to Harumi but was a known friend of Hisoka. Guessing that it was the death of this Senju, Harumi would try to keep her distance while enduring the silence.

But it didn't work.

As the days past the woman wondered at several moments how it was for him. She had always loathed him and his family for the fact that she had been coerced into an arranged marriage. Blamed him for various things that weren't his faults. But ever since that they lived together he hadn't made any demands. Hadn't said anything that was really upsetting. He kept his distance and seemed respectful if anything else. And how hard could his work be on him? Being the governor of the largest province in the Empire, heir of the Uchiha clan and then a renowned nin.

Perhaps he deserved a second chance?

"Perhaps..."

[/fieldbox]