Naruto (AU) - A good story can be told twice

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Halvtand

What if the main cast of an anime and manga that we all know (and maybe love) was a bit different. what if the main cast didn't consist of an idiot, an emo and a crybaby? What if Konoha was not the stage? Would the story evolve differently? Would it be pretty much the same? What if we couldn't rely on the amazing coincidence of being born in a legendary family, or one with especially potent ocular powers, or one… Without any real impact until halfway through the story...
Here, we will find out.

I am looking for 2-3 devoted players to play an AU-version of the infamous team 7 (if I get three one of us will play our jounin commander). Our task is to play through the canon story (as closely as our characters allow us) of the series and hopefully explore new and exciting differences in how the story unfolds, how obstacles are overcome... or if we cannot. My plan is to stick to the canon(-ish) events until the end of the chuunin exam, at which point we'll have to choose whether or not we still want to stick to the canon or go our own way.

I'll go with a tentative interest so don't count on me right away. If we're starting in the leaf village I do have two characters I can use, one being an Uchiha, the other being my preferred character in the form of a wood style Senju.

Well, that is one of the points, we can play in Konoha if we want to, or we can explore another village. It's all up to the group to decide.

Well I'll leave that for other people to decide as I'm still tentative as started before hand. I'm also a stickler for lengthy posts so depending on the requirements for this rp or the expected length that may also be a deal breaker for me personally. I can do a few different villages however some of them may also not be up my alley.

Hello, as a Naruto fan, I am interested in this. I'd personally vote for the action happening in Konoha.

There are of course plenty of things to address regarding the premise - it's interesting but as written out it feels weird.... (Putting in spoilers mostly for formality's sake)
Have you decided the divergence point for the AU?
How come Naruto/Sasuke/Sakura are not around - did Sasuke get killed by Itachi, Naruto die during the sealing or got killed by Tobito, Sakura had a random accident or never became a ninja?
Is the great scope plan from Zetsu to erase all traces and knowledge of Kaguya while planning to revive her still on?
What about real-deal Madara's moon's eye plan and manipulation of Tobito?
Even though he's not the focus, is Kakashi still around?
What about the Akatsuki?
Orochimaru and his vying for immortality?

Those are really good questions, I'll answer them one at a time.

Have you decided the divergence point for the AU?
By divergence point I assume you mean the point where the canon as we know it ended and the AU started. It's pretty hard to say, because as we know many of the things that happens in the manga are rooted sometimes several generations prior. In a way I want to say that all of it is AU, but the history of events are still similar enough that it would lead to the same things, just for our characters instead of those from the canon.
The plan is to start the game at the Zabuza arc, it is a small thing after all. The bridge builder either went to another village, or the mission was given to someone else. From there we go along with the canon storyline until we deem it unfitting and go with our own logic about how it should go instead.

How come Naruto/Sasuke/Sakura are not around - did Sasuke get killed by Itachi, Naruto die during the sealing or got killed by Tobito, Sakura had a random accident or never became a ninja?
To be frank, they may still be around, but their actions have nothing to do with our story. One easy way to explain it would be that Itachi killed Sasuke, since his rivalry and competition over Sakura never happened Naruto never rose to be someone and Sakura, being mostly there to spur her boys on, never really made anything great of herself either.

Is the great scope plan from Zetsu to erase all traces and knowledge of Kaguya while planning to revive her still on?
Technically yes, if we want that to be the end-plan of the whole thing that Akatsuki started.

What about real-deal Madara's moon's eye plan and manipulation of Tobito?
Same as above.

Even though he's not the focus, is Kakashi still around?
Same deal as with the team. Before team 7 he never passed anyone, so he'd probably be a simple nameless/faceless ANBU operative.

What about the Akatsuki?
The Akatsuki plays a big role in the story, so yes, they are around. We might switch one member to fit with our characters (similar to Sasuke/Itachi), but we will most definitely keep them as a whole.

Orochimaru and his vying for immortality?
Yup, he's still here, doing his thing... That s why I wrote that we'll go along with the canon until the end of the chuunin exam. Because that is where one team member leaves to hang out with a creepy old man in a cave for three years and if our AU-team have evolved differently at that point it would make very little sense for that guy to leave.

Just an end-note. This is my second go at this game (first one on another site) and it was an incredible way to rewatch the series, just to make sure nothing was forgotten.

• Thank You
Reactions: Blighted_Agent
All the same I've done a similar roleplay more than five times over and failed before hitting the end of the second mission.

Ehhhhh. I wouldn't mind seeing it in Konaha, just to give it to where this roleplay actually starts.

My ideas are based in Kiri, but can easily be transfered over to Konaha

Status
Not open for further replies.