Naruto: A Second Chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rokki Uchiha​
And now after waiting ages for their slow poke of a teacher to arrive, the man then has the nerve to go ahead and ask such trival questions. That last one was way odd as this man totally was coming off as a pedophile vampire, but considering he's fucking his own student he wouldn't wager to be so far off with his assumption. The only current solace he had was thankfully the loudmouth decided to put herself out there first, so he wouldn't have much need to debase himself by speaking first. Sitting by he watched as she got overzealous as always when talking about that "flame of whatever" she called it.

Seeing that once she finished the other lad didn't look like he was speaking soon, so with a sigh he began to open his mouth. "Well as you probably already know my name is Rokki Uchiha. I could go on about my entire list of over qualifications, but I have none of the energy to do so today so there is that. I'm here because apparently my sensei viewed this to be a proper time to gather at this here training area. And that last question I view to be a creepy, pedophile, and just plain rapey question so I shall mark that as something I don't wanna answer. And that about sums it up I think." He crosses his arms as he looks over to the only other male presence, besides his own, he wasn't sick of yet. "Your turn."

Shunsui couldn't help but raise a brow at his sensei, due, of course, to his strange final question. When his allies answered, he paid them great attention, trying to gauge their personalities. The girl seemed overly enthusiastic, and apparently had no shortage of youthful vigor and adrenaline. She was cute and energetic. Good news. The other guy, however, while he was composed and able to take things seriously, both good qualities, he also seemed like something of the too serious type. That didn't bode well. This was going to prove to be an interesting team, to be sure.

"Well, I'm Shunsui Hyuuga, the last of my clan, and heir to their legacy. With that in mind, you can understand how valuable my skills are and will continue to be. I also happen to be on the fast track to being the most eligible bachelor in all of Konoha."

The young shinobi's voice was calm and smooth, his face one of serious determination, up until he got to the last part before he flashed a quick wink in Matsuri's direction. Shunsui knew full well that being serious was important, but, taking it too far was problematic and made life dull. Life in the monastery proved that to him. Discipline was pointless if you could never cut loose. He suddenly snapped back to his sensei and shook his head, seriousness returning.

"As for the last one, I have to agree with Rokki here. I'm not digging that line of questioning."

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Jessica and timv999
As his three students answered, or refused to answer his questions, the shark's tooth grin grew wider and more unnerving until his very presence was like that of a shark, waiting for something to bleed so he could tear it to shreds.

"Well you don't have to answer it now," he said, answering the two males. "I'm sure you'll both have plenty of opportunities to bleed. After all, being a ninja is bloody work. Some of us just like to get bloodier.

"But I am quite aware of you Rokki - someone had to subdue three-tails after all and who better but one of the foremost water-jutsu users in the village? You might have some natural talent thanks to three-tails, but we're going to refine it. Speaking of which, I need to pay you back for vandalizing the Hokage monument. With interest of course. In the meantime, don't get cocky about being 'overqualified.' You may be better than your classmates but here in the real world, you'll get your ass handed to you faster than you can blink.

"As for you Shunsui, I'm well versed in what you can offer and the legacy you've inherited. The last Hyuuga in name... Well, I'll enjoy seeing how far you can go. I imagine you and my son, Ketsu, would enjoy sparring; two heads are better than one after all."

The somewhat cryptic reply hung in the air for a moment before he continued.

"And I would imagine the flames of youth would mull the flavours quite well, if it were done slowly instead of a bright blaze that dies all too quickly. I like your energy and enthusiasm Matsuri, but you might have to use some of those Flames of Youth on that one's ass to get him to move."

He jerked his head slightly towards Rokki as the target of fire under his ass.

"Rokki does bring up a good point. Now that the three of you know who you're teamed up with, we'll move into showing and not telling. You're here because I intend to take an assessment of your skills under a combat situation and for you to demonstrate your skills to your team. As for why you're in this particular training field..."

His hands moved into the Tiger seal and from the river rose three Water Clones of himself. Then, he took out a small spiralbound notepad and a pen.

"It's much easier to devote my attention to three different combats and taking notes on them if I don't have to divide it also to maintaining water that isn't already here. Feel free to use whatever tactics you like and the terrain around you. You can tap out at any time. I'll be watching."

Flipping the cover of the notepad over, the veins under his eyes bulged slightly from activating both his Blood Moon and Byakugan.

"Whenever you're ready."

• Bucket of Rainbows
Shunsui's eyes widened when he observed his sensei preparing for their little test skirmish. His eyes, how had he not noticed before? The bulging veins and the lack of color, he had the Byakugan! But, how was that possible? This is something he would have to ask him about at a later time. He couldn't afford to be distracted. If he knew about the Byakugan and how it worked, did he also know about the Jyuuken? It seemed improbable, since it was a taught style passed down. Then again, the eye is directly inherited. With a scowl and no small measure of frustration, Shunsui charged at one of the clones, his stance low.

"Byakugan!"

The boy's eyes shifted, growing intense as the veins around his eyes protruded out. Details that were invisible mere moments before stood out like a torch in the black of night. He could see the outlines of his chakra network, as well as each of the individual chakra points within his body. Shunsui could also tell that they were clones, even if he hadn't already known. Even the sturdiest of clones could be dispersed with one good blow from the Gentle Fist. Of course, landing that blow could prove quite problematic. His sensei's level of skill and his experience alone puts him at a severe disadvantage. Still...nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Shunsui lunged toward his sensei, pivoting on his heel as he turned around in a spin, attempting to move around his opponent's left side. A cloud of dust kicked up from the sudden and forceful movement against the ground. With a roar of determination, the boy threw his arms at his opponent with a quick strike, his index and middle fingers outstretched in an attempt to strike two points at once. The plan was to make it more difficult to block or dodge due to the strikes on multiple spots.

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Love
With an excited grin on her face Matsuri watched as her sensei's Flames of Youth appeared full force with his nonchalant "Whenever you're ready." Quickly she jumped towards her respective clone and attempted a heel kick, but just before her kick hit she jumped off of the ground with her other foot, the awkward angle not working to her advantage as much as she'd like it to but with training she'd get better. With her now above the clone she swung her right leg back down and twisted her torso causing her to go into a corkscrew spin of unimaginable speeds before she lashed out with a high speed kick aimed straight down onto her sensei's head.

It would be dully noted that the entire time this happened she was excited and screaming "YOOOOUUUUTTTTHHHHH!!!"

• Bucket of Rainbows
Rokki unlike the others didn't feel up to moving from his spot immediately to face the challenge in front of him. Instead he sat back on his rock, and watched the others charge forward. "The clones of a kage eh? Wonder if he scaled them down to our level? If so they still retain his knowledge, so any technique can come out anytime. A difficult situation without the right set of info in front of me." Standing up he sighed as he looked on at the others instead of his clone opponent.

"Idiots. If only we had come together and focused down one after another then victory would be even more certain. After all being a kage he'll be cocky, and won't expect to much from us. Of course I would have loved to keep Isobu under wraps, but then again nothing matter my sensei they all would have known...although these are water clones after all." He began to piece together a strategy as he watched his "comrades" charge immediately into Taijutsu for their own reasons. He on the other hand wanted to play his own idea.

"I guess two can play this game." Making his own hand signs he weaved together his own jutsu. Taking advantage of the muddy surroundings offered to him, it was only natural that making a few clones of his own would be necessary. He pondered for a bit, and decided that 5 would be do perfectly for what he had planned. With that done he sent them their own individual knowledge on their missions.

2 quickly split off and rushed the other 2 water clones, and run interference for his potential squad mates. Then the remaining 3 got into a triangle formation around his water clone, and took up a defensive stance to prepare for what it might do. Finally, if anyone could see his eyes then they noticed them change from their usual sky blue, to a bright crimson with a tell-tale dot within his eye. "Now to watch the tide of battle unfold...in extreme detail."

Reactions: timv999
Hibiki's gaze narrowed slightly as he observed, writing down several initial notes. It made sense that Shunsui would activate his Byakugan in combat - the advantage it gave was great but it couldn't save against the unexpected. Hibiki had had his own long enough to know that it's utility came in the present and that only experience could guard against the future.

It was also of no surprise that Shunsui would be aiming to disperse the clone by targeting the chakra flow; a flaw that Hibiki was well acquainted with and one that would prove to have little impact on the exercise. In fact, Hibiki had been expecting that to be Shunsui's first move - it would be a decisive first strike and something that someone with something to prove would go for. Even at a diminished level of ability, the clones were still more than a match for the genin.

Both of Shunsui's strike hit, causing the clone to vanish only be replaced by the clone's katana, drops of blood scattering across the blade and the ground from where Shunsui had been cut. Hibiki's clone reappeared at the Hyuuga's side, striking the genin's left bracchial artery with a single blow. Though this didn't hit any chakra points, it echoed along the veins and vessels of Shunsui's arm, pulsing each of the chakra points to cut them off as well as numb his entire arm.

"A strong first attempt. Loud, but if you hit, it's effective. Question is... can you only hit four?"

His eyes darted to see Rokki's clone coming in from the side. As lazy as he seemed to be, he did have a fair amount of skill; if only he would apply himself. Grabbing the katana in hand as he backed off, his hands went through the seals of Great Breakthrough in rapid fashion before the gale force wind headed straight for Rokki with Shunsui in the way to be carried into the clone.

Matsuri on the other hand dived straight in, going for pure taijutsu from the lack of chakra flow there. Like Shunsui, she seemed to enjoy yelling as she attacked, showing that both would need work if they ever wanted to do stealth missions.

"The flaw to pure taijutsu," he said, this clone's hands moving in a different formation of seals, "is that it is mostly close combat. I hope you have some range techniques available."

A forceful torrent of water gushed from the clone's mouth intent on sweeping Matsuri away and probably filling her still yelling mouth with a deluge of water.

Meanwhile, Rokki was taking a more strategic route, not just creating clones for himself but to assist his teammates. No doubt a gift from Three-tails, he had a strategic, if lazy, mindset. The three clones circled around Hibiki's clone and the Sharingan was evident.

"Strategic. Looks like you think despite being lazy. At least someone isn't charging in headfirst. And since you did that..."

A second later, Rokki might feel his nose leaking, a second after, he would find it difficult to miss the blood that was running from it and now flying towards Hibiki in a stream, the sensei's hands in the tiger seal. The blood pooled in front of Hibiki, gathering and solidifying into a katana which he took in hand.

"I wonder, can you copy a kekkai genkai kenjutsu?"

"Aah!"

Shunsui cried out as he somehow managed to strike the bladed edge of a Katana, causing a stream of blood to trail down his arm. Fortunately, the wound wasn't really fatal at all, but the strange sensation that almost immediately overtook him was unsettling. His arm went numb, and he could feel the now closed Chakra pathways in his arm. The young shinobi clutched his now useless arm and took a step back, gritting his teeth. The clone reappeared, prompting a furious glare from the now wounded genin.

"You...that's not possible. Not only did you predict the exact points I targeted, but you were able to substitute and place your weapon just the way you needed to in order for me to strike it without having a chance to stop myself."

Rage seethed from the genin's person, Shunsui taking another step back as his gaze met his sensei's. Those eyes. The attack on his chakra network. This made no sense. How?!

"Even as a Kage, this shouldn't be possible...I must know...How do you have the Byakugan?! How did you close my Chakra points without even touching me?!"

His fists clenched and his heels dug slightly into the dirt, his chakra boiling within him as he took a few more steps back, drawing a kunai from his right leg. Shunsui held the weapon out in front of him, preparing to either attack or defend himself.

Matsuri took all of this in as her initial assault failed. She backed off in return, jumping back before looking at her fellow graduates. Matsuri knew they couldn't win but they at least needed a plan, unfortunately Matsuri isn't the plan making type but seeing Shunsui's anger grow and Rokki's lazy but smart approach Matsuri then made a decision.

"Of course sensei, but unfortunately all i can use is Taijutsu, i was born with a defect in my chakra network that gives me just enough chakra to live but not enough to cast jutsu other then something i have hidden at the moment. That being said... DYNAMIC ENTRY!" With a shout Matsuri launched into a highspeed kick that was aimed not at their prospective Sensei but instead at Shunsui, landing squarely into his forehead and launching him into the forest, Matsuri made sure not to put all of her strength into it so that he wouldn't get as hurt as it was more of just a way to 'throw' him where she wanted him to go. Quickly and with urgency Matsuri turned to where Rokki was lazing at.

"Rokki-san! Quickly! Into the forest and towards Shunsui-sans location! We need to make a plan and I am not that type of person, but you are!" With a smile Matsuri darted into the forest and towards the location Shunsui was launched.

"Well, that was weird." The sudden feeling of losing blood from your head was odd, yet more interesting than terrifying to Rokki at the moment. He felt more than saw the rather swift defeat of his other clones and was sad to see them so short lived, but what can ya do when the gap is that vast. "Damn. And here I was hoping those two were gonna put up a bit more of a fight. Do I really have to think up everything for them?" He hadn't been paying much attention to his sensei until he was spoken to again. Of course, he had to list off their faults one by one like a good mentor, but really he had no faults by simply mistakes born of enabling himself. His mind strayed to the words of his companions more after their failed attempts of striking first and began thinking of ways to take them to heart and possibly fix their mistakes in a second.

Turning back after being addressed for the second time made him think a bit. It's not as if he didn't ponder the question himself before, but then again he never really cared to stress test the answer. "To be honest. I could care less for copying your techniques. I have my own style and flair to think about after all. Why muck up a good thing with a completely unknown element? Besides the blood thing is a bit too creepy for my taste thanks."

He was then alerted to turn back towards the others by the sound of a solid hit. He then saw Matsuri in the aftermath of kicking the hell out of Shunsui, and boy did he not envy that man in the slightest. "Well, I guess this is what happens when ya flirt with crazy huh? Can't wait to hear that conversation." His earliest query was now answered as it seems he has been dictated the brains of the group, and sighed as he now had to think up a plan for this horrible situation. He could have gone without her screaming their exact target location, but what was a guy to do with someone like her in the mix. Scratching his head he simply looked back to his combatant in front of him.

"Sorry looks like we're gonna have to take an intermission from this bout. Just give us a second to work things over." Weaving the hand sign for release, the mud clones dropped back down into their base form. Picking himself up from his rock he made his way over towards the location he was suggested to advance towards. All the while thanking them for at least granting them a grace period to get some info together. He paused in his step and gazed out into the woods behind Hibiki, and wondered for a brief moment if Kiseki was having the same problems with his group. Shaking his head he convinced himself that everything would be fine given his sensei, but focusing upon his own was far more important in this frame and time. "This exam is actually beginning to get interesting. Let's hope it doesn't burn out on me before my flame gets going."

The clone facing Shunsui had a smile that grew wider the angrier that he got, taunting the genin with every exposed tooth. As Shunsui asked Hibiki how he could do such things, the grin was almost malicious.

"The same way I do this."

His hands flashed into the Ram symbol for a brief second before he pointed at the Hyuuga with one finger. He swiped it to the side slowly and Shunsui would get to watch as the index finger around the kunai uncurled and extended fully, unable to move any further. The second swipe was quicker and the genin's middle finger left the kunai. It was followed in quick succession now by Shunsui's remaining fingers as Hibiki controlled the genin's very blood, forcing him to drop the kunai. While not as powerful or as extensive from a clone it would be enough to spook Shunsui.

Hibiki raised his other hand into the air and waved it at Shunsui admonishingly.

"Spoilers...." he said, the impossible grin stretching wider.

It was the last thing he would get from Hibiki before Matsuri's Dynamic Entry knocked Shunsui into the forest.

"But if you can copy mine, you can copy another when you need to. It looks like you need to learn to think more than just three steps ahead. After all - that's what your enemies will expect of you. But run off; I'll still be here, watching and waiting."

The clone facing Rokki made a shooing motion towards the genin.

Last edited:
Shunsui could only watch as his new sensei mocked him cruelly. Though the handsigns were quick, he was able to make them out, and he took another step back to try and prepare himself for whatever was coming. Unfortunately for him, it didn't matter. Pain wracked his hand as the blood seemed to pull at his fingers, groaning as they each opened one by one until the kunai dropped to the ground. Just what the hell was he? This kind of jutsu was something he'd never heard of. Was everyone here in the Leaf this crazy with their abilities?

The young shinobi looked down at his weapon, then back to his sensei with the same fervent glare. It didn't matter what he could do, he had to answer his question about the eye. This was an abomination! His mind was suddenly interrupted however in a flash of pain as he was stricken with a fierce kick to his face. The force was enough to knock him off his feet and back into the brush of the wooded area behind them. With a thud, he hit the ground, rolling a big before catching himself on his right hand to flip himself over onto his feet, sliding to a halt. Shunsui grimaced as he rubbed his jaw, a small trickle of blood escaping the corner of his mouth.

"Ah, damn it! What was that?"

The boy cursed out loud as he dropped back onto his rear end. His left arm was still numb, and his mind was racing. His breathing was beginning to return to normal as his mind cleared. By the time he looked up again his two comrades were by him. Both looked calm, even Matsuri with her usual hyperactivity. Wait...

"Matsuri. Did you just kick me in the face?"

With a low growl, he shook his head before adding;

"Aah, you're lucky you're hot. Anyway..."

Shunsui's words faded a she looked at his two teammates, then back to his arm.

"Damn it all. We're so outmatched it isn't even funny. He has clones so he's protected from multiple attacks, he's got us outclassed in every way possible, so a frontal assault is fruitless, he also has the Byakugan so he can see in nearly 360 degrees, so, surprise attacks from behind are impossible and from above are improbable. Plus, I can't use my left arm, so I couldn't use my bow even if he couldn't see my attack coming. Any bright ideas?"

Three Genin, two boys one girl. All of them with very.. distinct and unique personalities. One of them matching the eyes of his son, another boy who was a Jinchuuriki, and a girl who could be heard from across Konoha. Hibiki had a lot going for him this year.

Akihiko sat within one of the tallest trees in the training grounds on one of the lower branches, using the shrubbery to disguise himself as he watched the little Genins try to take on the Hokage. Next to him was a large basket, filled with muffins wrapped in various baking cup colors. A couple red ones were kept in their own containers while the other colors were organized accordingly, to keep them from breaking apart or mixing with the ones specifically for Hibiki and Ketsu. He reached into the basket and pulled out a delicious muffin within a brown baking cup, taking a bite as he watched the show.

Rokki was a shit, as far as he could tell. But he was a Jinchuuriki just like his daughter. More specifically, for the three-tails. How much control did he have over that demon? Probably none, but then again, looks could be deceiving. He was also an Uchiha it seemed; he recognized those red eyes anywhere. If Hibiki's words were true, and Rokki was the best one out of the trio, then he was interested on how his progress would go up until the Chuunin exams. If he made it that far.

Matsuri, though loud and full of Youth, seemed very promising in her own way. A student that couldn't use Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, or any type of jutsu other than Taijutsu? That was interesting. It certainly was a disadvantage not being able to use anything but one specific category of Jutsu, but Akihiko had faith she wouldn't die during her first real mission. She also was completely unfazed by Shunsui's flirtatious advancements towards her... Was she pretending or was she just not the sharpest shuriken in the weapon pouch? He hoped it wasn't the latter.

Shunsui.. had a way with the ladies, he guessed. But his eyes... It was the same ones Ketsu had been born with, so Hibiki must have mutated his Blood Moon from something of Shunsui's clan. The question he angrily asked Hibiki answered Akihiko's. Considering he never really looked into the Byakugan, he never asked questions about where it came from or the history behind it. His research had only consisted of "what does it do" and "how does it work" so that Ketsu could get the knowledge he needed. The Hyuuga student definitely deserved some answers from his sensei, at least in the near future. For now, those three needed to work as a team or get their asses kicked.

He leaned over his branch, taking another bite of his muffin as he looked over the three heads of the Genin. Akihiko wasn't trying to be stealthy, as he was just an audience, not the threat. The trio were directly under him forging their plan, and it had him wondering if these three were going to notice that someone was directly above, or watching them any time soon.

Last edited:
It was with jubilation that Matsuri arrived to meet Shunsui with a smile on her face. With a quickness she appeared in front of him and gripped his face with her hands, her face no uncomfortably close to his, before she gave an apologetic smile and wiped the blood from his lips. "Oh gods, i'm so sorry Shunsu-san! I didn't mean to hit you that hard!" She then drew back as Rokki appeared from the treeline.

"Alright Rokki-san, we need you to come up with a-" suddenly Matsuri stopped talking, as she looked around before she turned back to Rokki and Shunsui and put her finger to her lips signaling them to be quiet. Suddenly with a shout she launched herself towards a tree and kicked it, breaking the tree in half and causing it to topple over. However, when no-one appeared she calmed down, not knowing that she had just taken down the tree that was next to Akihiko and not the one he was actually in.

"Huh, guess I was wrong! Sorry about that guys! I thought I could sense someone! Anyways, Rokki-san we need a plan and you're the one I believe we can depend on for such a thing! Oh, and Shunsui-san, please calm down! He is using your anger against you and like my sensei used to say, "Anger leads to Hate, Hate leads to Desperation and Desperation leads to death for all involved", so don't get so angry!" With a bright smile Matsuri hugged Shunsui's head to her chest innocently, his head fitting snuggly between her bandage wrapped breasts, as she patted him on the head to calm him down.

Looking at the two in front of him all Rokki could do was sigh. It's not like he could be purely mad at them, but their way of doing things was certainly not helping. "Look you two are idiots to be totally honest. And yet, I'm going to be stuck with you two so I guess getting along is a must. Now I gotta think up a plan huh?" Rubbing the bridge of his nose he began to go through some ideas.

"Matsuri is clearly only a one-to-one fighter, and due to the loss of that hand your quite hobbled in the ranged category too Shunsui. Rushing right in could be a foolish move because of his ability to control our blood streams on command." His situation was starting to feel a bit helpless...that was at least until something triggered his memory. It was a long shot but just the fact of it almost being true would be helpful.

"Shunsui. I know you said that this technique of yours has 360 degrees of vision right? But if that were true then you wouldn't be surprised on getting struck from the back like you were. I may not be the brightest man, but the fact of being able to see all around you means that pure surprise of being struck should be impossible." He then looked over towards him as his mind seemed to be running to its conclusion. "Which means that just like all dojutsu it has its weakness, and your's can be found in a blind spot. After all the weakness of my bloodline is that we don't exactly see the future like everyone assumes, but rather we have time slow down for us thanks to our new enhanced senses." His mind was racing now at the possibility of finding his one ticket to having a chance.

"Look for all I know maybe he's discovered this and has tried to improve upon it already, but him not being a natural heir it seems...," as he looks towards Shunsui, "..might place him at just enough of a disadvantage with the knowledge your naturally born with." Now with that train of thought done he got serious once more as he brought up his next topic. "His other bloodline is gonna be a problem because of its versatility. But I think I can already find some way to distract should he get ideas of draining us again." He then puller out a smoke bombs and a flash bomb from his pouch to show the other two. "Can't drain what ya can't see am I right? Even if he could do such a thing well that's why some clones are gonna be within the smoke as well." Stashing his little presents back into his pouch he looked back towards the other two. This was a plan he all made up on the spot, but he had to think of something to not let the other two down and make sure that all of them were moving on today. Rokki Uchiha can't very well have anyone soon to be called his comrades slip and fail under his watch right?

"Alright Matsuri your gonna be leading the frontal assault with a few clones of mine. He may be expecting this, or we'll probably catch him off guard because he won't expect us to do the same thing twice. Now Shunsui your gonna be feeding her info from the sidelines on his movements just in case the smoke goes up. And if you can read Chakra networks then use that to your advantage. Read his chakra points, see which of those bitches are lighting up, and make and educated guess of the types of jutsu he's about to perform. If not the actual name then at the very least give an element." He gave them a slight smile after giving them their assignments before continuing on to his own. "As for me I'm gonna distract the real one, and try to draw his attention. Clones receive info from the main source and act accordingly to whatever is transfered to them, so if I can break that train of supply then they won't be able to adapt as easily to the tactics seen from an outside point of view."

Standing up he began to stretch, and get his limbs all good to go. His mind had finally woken up and was now ready to kick it into gear. He knew his plan had quite a few holes in it, yet as a ninja all he could do was try what he could with the information presented. This was gonna be rough, but who loved doing things the easy way anyway? "Well guys this may be incredibly stupid, or the best damn plan we've come up with in awhile. Either or its all about showcasing our skills so let's get out there and have fun with it right? Of course I am, so no worries no matter the outcome." Giving a thumbs up he signaled he was ready to get it rolling, but was ready to hear any problems the others might have with is plan.

The real Hibiki had crouched down after the genin had engaged, his crimson hair swirling around him like a cloak, his pen scratching notes the entire time. When the three had left/been kicked into the forest, he stopped writing, chewing on his thumb in thought for just a second. It was a completely natural inclination for most anyone else. However, for someone with Hibiki's connections....

His sharp teeth bit easily into the skin, blood welling up. Nonchalantly, he placed that hand to the ground, concealed from the genin by himself and his hair. The seals went out along the ground for a short while and a small puff of smoke appeared, the barest wafts going up beyond his form. As it cleared, a small bat hung from one of the kunai woven in his hair. It was a small brown bat that had a pair of dark tinted goggles over its eyes.

"Watchu want Hibi?" the bat whispered, it's voice so low as to be drowned out by even the scratching of Hibiki's pen; all the more to be said that this was the bat's normal speaking voice.

"Hey Fang," the hokage whispered back, his own voice matching the bat's. "I've got a few genin who think they can get away with being sneaky. Mind doing a bit of reconnaissance?"

"Fresh blood?" Fang replied, a soft sound like wind rustling leaves left the bat; it was laughing. "They hate you yet?"

"Maybe a little."

"Can't wait," Fang said, before she gave a small salute with a wing-claw and took flight.

She flew low over the trees, about to alight on the one Matsuri kicked over. Of course, that made it obvious where they were. Dropping down, she hung from one of the upper branches in the tree beside the one that Matsuri had knocked over. As she peered down and listened in to the genin, she caught sight of Akihiko and gave him a small nod of recognition.

Meanwhile, Hibiki continued scratching notes on the pad.

Shunsui sighed as the girl arrived, taking his face in his hands briefly as she apologized for kicking him so had. A faint red tint took to his cheeks, a soft sigh escaping his lips as he shook his head, taking a half-step back.

"It's no trouble, really. I needed that, Matsuri. Though, please refrain from touching me in such a violent and aggressive way a habit."

As he spoke his voice managed to soften back to it's usual tone, a smooth and composed sound. Another soft sigh sounded as he stood upright, sparing a glance at his left arm. The feeling was very slowly returning, and the bleeding he had suffered earlier had already stopped. In fact, even with the strange numb sensation, he could still move the arm somewhat. It was certainly going to hinder him, but maybe he could still use it some. The boy reached back with his undamaged arm and pulled the longbow from his back, putting it into his left hand while holding it forward, standing with his left side towards the area their sensei was standing in, or, at least, one of the clones. With a stern expression, effort visible, he pushed his left arm forward as he gripped the drawstring and pulled it back. He was plenty strong enough, but the lack of feeling in his arm was making it difficult to hold steady. If we were fortunate, he'd be able to fire with at least half of his usual accuracy, which was fairly considerable. Nonetheless, it didn't look like he'd be able to do it quite yet.

Shunsui returned the bow to his back, glancing at Matsuri just as she grabbed him, pulling his head directly into her chest. His face flushed, turned red as the bosom of is new teammate cushioned his head. The pillow-like softness welcomed him, even through the surprisingly thick wraps were uncomfortable, yet, it was still worth it. The boy had to restrain himself from burying his head in and throwing his arms around her. Ah, but cruel fate wouldn't allow it, as this simply wasn't the time. Plus, he could tell how unfortunately oblivious this girl was. She had no idea the heaven he had just so cruelly teased him with. Oh well. He pulled back again, clearing his throat as he averted his gaze, the rend tint still brightening his cheeks.

"We should really focus on our comrade's plan, and try to prove to our new sensei that we're skilled and ready to be full fledged shinobi. Moreover, that we aren't the children he no doubt sees us as. But, uh, feel free to touch me more like that later. It's what I would much rather be doing than fighting the Hokage."

As he spoke, Shunsui smiled slightly, a smirk crossing his lips as he looked over to her. A flutter of movement caught his eye as he turned his head just slightly enough to make out the shape that landed on the branch above their heads. He silently looked to Rokki, tilting his head upward toward the bat creature that had been sent to spy on them. Shunsui wanted to wait a little longer to show his opponent that he could work through the handicap he had put on him. Thanks to his opponent having the Byakugan, a surprise attack was going to be far more difficult than otherwise, but, that didn't mean they couldn't still have the element of surprise. With a quick movement and a flick of the wrist, Shunsui pulled out a few shuriken, turning as he threw the throwing knives at the bat now perched above them.

"I don't appreciate being spied on!"

With a massive grin on her face Matsuri nodded her head so enthusiastically it looked as if her head would plop right off of her shoulders. With a good girl pose, thumbs up and oppressively bright smile in all, Matsuri approved of the plan.

"That sounds like a great plan Rokki-san!" However at the sudden shout of Shunsui's and his throwing of kunai, Matsuri reacted both quickly and overly so with a shout of "Dynamic Entry!" And split the tree Shunsui threw the kunai at with a single kick, watching as the tree fell to the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.