Name-In-Progress Video Game Crossover RP (based off "There will be Brawl. See inside for details!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting exited! This'll be fun!

What/which games are going to be in this? I know this is a big question, so I'm asking before more people start getting in on this and claim weird characters/obscure characters. (Dirk the Daring from Dragon's Lair, for example. Someone actually did this on a similar roleplay on another community. He was not happy that we said no.)

• Useful
Reactions: 1 person
This seems like a mighty fine idea, if I may say. Would love to join, and I wonder if it would be possible to reserve characters from 2 different game dimensions. My characters in question are Sam from the Sam and Max video games (Large dog in a suit, and a little hat, but no shoes), and The one, the only....

TINY TINA FROM BORDERLANDS 2! BOOYAH!

I am definitely interested in this idea!

I'll be lurking like I have been doing~

Also @Nim I was totally first. Just saying.

Yeah Sam and Tina sound good!

I am definitely interested in this idea!

I'll be lurking like I have been doing~

Any ideas on who you want to play?

And is everyone cool with the corrupting code story we got plotting for?

I was thinking someone along the lines of Lon'qu from Fire Emblem Awakening. Or anyone from that cast really. Vaike should be fun too. Someone from FE: Awakening at least.

And yeah the plot seems fun. I like @Zachary Ennigma 's idea a lot. Subspace Emissary was always one of my favorite parts of Brawl and I feel like with the idea that characters can change sides you can get really interesting dynamics.

Alright, so here's a question for you all:

Should we have a hub world? Like, for example, the Mushroom Kingdom? You know, a central world where everyone lives and where we could all meet up. And if we do, then should that hub world be an original area made by us or an existing game world (using the Mushroom Kingdom as an example here since everybody knows it)

I prefer an original hub world.

I think a unique hub will be better. That way, we have a neutral area to branch the different game areas off of.

My characters in question are Sam from the Sam and Max video games
I can't believe people still remember the awesomeness that is Sam and Max. Bosco and Bluster Blaster are my favorite characters.

• Love
Reactions: Nim
I can't believe people still remember the awesomeness that is Sam and Max. Bosco and Bluster Blaster are my favorite characters.

Been following Sam and Max from even before that. Hit the Road. The cartoon series.

Also, I'm in favour of an original hub as well.

Alright cool, I'll get to work on the hub-world (perhaps it could be something like Haven City from Jak & Dexter?) and report back.

If there's still room, I am kinda interested in joining (don't know if I will yet, but consider me interested at least)

I sound really mainstream here, but I would probably play as Mario (only his personality would be more based on the Nintendo Power comic, which is really, really freaking good. Peach is a freaking bad ass in that comic and has much more of a character and Mario is more of a leader no nonsense type (although he has plenty of time for jokes) rather than happy go lucky)

If such big main characters aren't allowed, then I would choose Geno (Super Mario RPG, Legend of the Seven Stars)

And if we have to play a second character (or need to, or if I need to be a second character when mine is defeated) I would probably be either Phoenix Wright (cause why the fuck not) or Bomberman. Or someone else, haven't really decided on my back up character(s) as of yet.

Playing Mario would be fine with me (I remember those, it was probably the best portrayal of the Mario universe outside of the games)

Good news guys: I've finished the character sheet and I'll be providing a sample for you guys to work off of!

Appearence: (an image is preferred. Can be official or fan-art)

Name:
(make something up if you're not sure about a last name)

Age: (Again, choose something that would fit based on the game/backstory you've given the character)

Character History/Description: (Describe what your character has been through in their life. Can be copied from the games with inclusions of original content, or borrowed from a spin-off (ex. manga series). 2-3 paragraphs minimum.)

Recent Bio: (How has the crash affected your character? Maybe you can re-tell the story of how they survived the crash or how life has been afterwards? 2-3 paragraphs minimum.)

Abilities/Weapons: (Maximum of 3-4 Weapons/Abilities unless otherwise stated).

Additional Specific Slot: (Use this if you need a specific section for something your character uses/has. For example, if you're a Pokémon Trainer, list your party here. Only use this if you need to, otherwise don't include it in your sheet).

Other: (Include any additional information about your character you think we'd like to know. Perhaps a brief description of a job they have now, or their mental state. Whatever you want to include).

My Sample Sheet

Theme Song

Dan_Kirby_by_John_Hamptonshire.jpg

"Poyo."

Name:

Kirby. J. Puffball

Unknown (doesn't actually age, his mind matures based on experience)

Character History/Description:
Long ago, there was a child born amongst the stars. This child was destined to be the defender of the Galaxy: a "Star Warror". It was said that the Star Warrior would be brave, intelligent, and able to adapt to any situation so they could emerge victorious. The Star Warrior has taken many forms throughout the ages, but in it's most recent incarnation it took the form of a small Puffball named Kirby.

Kirby comes from a called Dream Land, which is located on the planet of Pop Star. He lives in a small dome-shaped cottage by a lake with a large Apple tree out front. Kirby lived a quaint little life, free from any troubles or worries. But his peaceful lifestyle was interrupted one fateful day when the self-proclaimed king of planet Pop Star, King Dedede, made a heinous decree: all of Dream Land's food was to be brought to his castle and only he was allowed to consume it. The people of Dream Land weren't too bright and rather then fight the so called King, they instead obeyed his demands. But Kirby knew that Dedede was taking advantage of the helpless creatures and decided to stand up to him. During his journey, Kirby learned that he was the Star Warrior and gained the ability to wild the almighty Warp Star. When King Dedede got wind of the Star Warrior trying to stop him, he sent his army to kill the Puffball. But Kirby proved too much to handle and made it to Castle Dedede, where he fought the tyrant in hand to hand combat (with hammers). Emerging victorious, Kirby used the power of the Warp Star to inflate his body like a balloon, lifting the castle from it's foundations and releasing the stolen food back into Dream Land.

But that was only the beginning of Kirby's adventures. Soon he would quell Dyna Blade's fury, fight with the Dark Matter, meet the brave Meta Knight, defeat the meddlesome jokester Marx, enter a world of Yarn, undo Drawica Sorceresses' Canvas Curse, defeat the evil forces of 02, and fight his way through many more adventures.

Recent Bio:

Shortly after the battle with 02, Kirby returned to Dream Land for a victory celebration. Then, the crash happened. First it was subtle. Everyone could feel a disturbance in the atmosphere of Pop Star, but only Kirby and Meta Knight determined something was seriously wrong. They instructed everyone to prepare for a serious disaster, despite King Dedede's claims that it was just a trick. Then, the stars began disappearing one by one. Finally, the crash hit Pop Star. The entire planet was covered in a tidal wave of pixels and each portion of land that the wave covered disappearing into oblivion. It consumed everything: woodland creatures, the Whispy Woods, then Castle Dedede, and even the Green Greens. Luckily, Meta Knight and Kirby managed to safely secure thousands of Pop Star's residents (including King Dedede himself) aboard the Halberd and by using the last remaining powers of the Warp Star, escaped the cataclysm that consumed their home.

With nowhere to go, Kirby guided his people like a shepherd across the stars in search of a new home. Finally, they came across the refugee camps that would eventually become Nexus City. King DeDeDe, having reformed after witnessing the carnage the Crash had brought, helped the people of Dream Land to find new life in the city, a decision which earned him two years as mayor. Kirby, however, remained vigilant. While he and his people had survived the crash, he knew that many others did as well. Some were his friends, and some were his enemies. He needed to take precaution in this new world, so he decided that his role as protector would not change.

So, he took to the streets, acting as a silent force of Justice. To earn a living, Kirby found himself acting as an undercover police officer. After all; who suspects that the Pink round guy is working with the cops? Utilizing his Copy Ability, Kirby manages to blend in with almost any crowd and easily busts the criminals. That being said, most of Nexus City's underground knows of his tricks and has developed ways of telling wether or not he's among them. But at the same time, they're not completely stupid and most of the higher ups can tell the difference between a Koopa and a Puffball with a shell on his head.

Abilities/Weapons:

Kirby's main attack is inhaling enemies (both his mouth and body expand to allow him to inhale things much larger than himself) and swallowing them. He can also attack others by spitting enemies out as star-projectiles. Certain enemies, when swallowed, grant Kirby new powers called Copy Abilities

He also had learned how to use guns and advanced weaponry, which has greatly enhanced his combat techniques outside of copying a foes ability.

Other:

Years of living with the people of the Virtual World (before and after the Crash) has given Kirby the ability to speak plain and complete English, as supposed to his regular "Puyo" and "Hi". He also gained the ability to grow hair after he swallowed a drug dealer and never fully managed to spit him out.

Reactions: Fieryfly
Also, I'm dropping Link as my character so he's up for grabs if anyone wants him.

Will have sheets for my chars ready either later today or tomorrow.

Alright, don't post them here just yet. I'll have the OoC up either tonight or tomorrow

slippy-toad-o.gif

"Can't wait to see how this one pans out, fox!"

Also, any suggestions for a title?

Well, don't wish to sound too simplistic, but perhaps the title could be...

"V.G.A" (Which stands for Video Game Annhilation)?

Am bad with names, sorry.

CODE: DECODE

Status
Not open for further replies.