1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Modern Fantasy, Fantasy, Psychological, Action, Steampunk
Name Game

Six players. One victor.
Trix, the god of games, thought he had all the entertainment he could ever want. Boredom wasn't even considered a possibility for him. Or, so he thought. Yes, even for Trix, a god whose fun knew no parallel, the effect of all those distracting distractions finally wore off. Whatever was a god so plagued of boredom and starved for fun to do?

Of course!

He'd make a new game, one of his own design! The players, all those puny humans he so oft left for the other gods to deal with. As much as he'd ignored them in the past, he couldn't deny their charm now, in his time of need. So he created a game, a fun game, which he'd thus call the Name Game. The objective? Simple! All one had to do was locate the person whose initials were inscribed upon their wrist and kill them. What could be more entertaining to watch than that?

Certainly nothing!
His mind set and his game made up, he sent out his assistant, Papu, to meet the players and congratulate them on being chosen to participate. Compensation would, of course, be plentiful. To the victor would go whatever they desired! To the losers, well...the sweet release of death would be their prize. And what a better way to go than by providing entertainment befitting a god! Ahahaha!
Overview
Hello, players, and welcome. The Name Game is a three round survival game consisting of six players. As can be assumed from above, yes, there WILL be character death. If that ain't your shtick, get better tastes this roleplay isn't for you. I'll start by listing the rules of the game itself, and then go over how each round works.

Game Rules
  1. In order to advance to the next round, participants must kill the individual whose initials are inscribed upon their wrist.
  2. Any means of dispatching one's target may be used, and need not be direct in their means.
  3. Killing another player's target is prohibited, and will be punished with disqualification and death.
  4. All players are to remain within the city the game starts in. Leaving the starting city will result in disqualification and death.
  5. Removal of the initials from one's full body via any means will result in disqualification and death (this means no cutting your arm off).
  6. The initials inscribed will be those that appear on the target's official government transcripts.
  7. If a target is not killed within a week of the round's start, said target's location will be made apparent to the player that must kill them. If said target is not killed within 24 hours of this guidance, the two targets will be transported to a separate plane of existence for a one on one deathmatch (in the case of rounds one and three), or the player that is farthest away from their target will die (in the case of round two).
Round Structure

Round one will follow a simple one on one format. The player's target is also the person they're being targeted by. Match ups will be chosen at random.

Round two will follow more of what I call a 7-8-9 formula, in which 7 is supposed to kill 8, 8 is supposed to kill 9, and 9 is supposed to kill 7. The round ends when one player is killed. If the player that is killed by a player that isn't the one that's supposed to kill them, said killer will be disqualified and the remaining player deemed the winner.

Round three returns to the one on one format, with the two remaining players facing off against each other. At this point, faces are revealed to simplify the "seek" aspect of the game. Whoever wins this round is deemed the winner, their prize being whatever they may wish for.

Interest
So yeah, this is like my fourth attempt at rebooting this, but it's been a while since my last attempt, so I figured, hey, worth a shot. Some help on coming up with a fair combat system would also be appreciated, if anyone has any experience with that. I was going to go with for honor, but I know some people prefer a system less prone to bias. Looking for five people to play this, though I'd be willing to play as more of a backseat narrator type if six people are interested.

I'm looking for people capable of typing in good detail, with attention paid to proper grammar and punctuation, as will be required in order to make accurate and fair combat posts. Also looking for people capable of making one, preferably two posts per week. Goes without saying, but you'll also have to be okay with character death. That's about it as far as requirements go though. That's all from me then! I'll probably make a Discord server for this if it garners enough interest, followed shortly by an OOC.

• Love
Reactions: Iceydaze
This sounds like fun! Count me as interested as well.