2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adept
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
I have some fully setup RP settings, and some settings that I am willing to create if people want to game them. If you could vote and respond with your prefs, I'd appreciate it!

Yugioh OCAU - Not truly a fandom RP, I would be using the cards as the monsters, the characters and storyline would be completely different. Think kinda pokemon

Halo OC - During the Covenant war, before the events of reach, a small team of Elite (even more so) Spartans operate deep in enemy lines, beyond the scope of either the UNSC or ONI... perhaps even unknown to Dr. Halsey

Mechwarrior/Battletech OC - Players are a team of a mercenary company, trying to prove themselves.

Video game mashup adventure (Wreck-it-Ralph esque) - Choose a Video game character, see where we go.

FULL SETTINGS

Ask questions if you want to know more, or are unsure about something

Premise: In the world of Deretor, there are four kingdoms, who have been living in uneasy peace:

Virnon - A kingdom which is known for its crafts, fortifications and war machines. Ruled by a high lord who distributes resources to the various guilds.

Kimel - The smallest kingdom, and yet one of the more dangerous. They are known for above-average weapons and warriors. Ruled by the Great One, the greatest warrior, found in tournament every five years from the various city rulers.

Theo - The greates mercentile force in Deretor. They have an abundance of all types of materials, and are ruled by a council.

Moraan - The “Kingdom” of mages, the collage of will, where all Willcasters are sent to harness their abilities. Large enough to have its own economy, and ruled by the three Greatest ‘casters.

You will be a mercenary group, sent contracts by various people. I am willing to try a player leader, and see how it goes, unless you don't want one. Your actions will affect how you are seen in the world, and thus the contracts you will get.

Things to Know:

Races

Humans - Are human. Not much to say. Age range: 19-45

Drakes - Humanoid dragon-esque beings with Large draconic wings, a scaled body, large reptilian tail, Slit pupiled eyes, claws, and Draconic horns on head. They have simple abilities as wilders as well as a breath weapon, the domain of which depends on scale color:

Red - Fire

Blue - Water

Silver-Cyan - Ice and Frost

Green - Air / Wind

Yellow - Lightning

Black - Shadows & Darkness

Purple - Acid & Poison

Orange - Animal / Plant

Beige / Light Brown - Earth / Stone

White - Body / Spirit [Healing]

Age Range: 25-125

Fey - Humanoid beings who are very close to nature, and live in tribes. They always have wilder abilities, albeit with a large range of strengths and aspects. Their looks depend on their type. Age Range: 19 - 45

Wood Fey

Tan - Brown skin tones ; Hair and Eyes - Greens and Vibrant colors ; Taller & Thinner Bodies ; Long Pointed Ears

Snow Fey

Pale - White Skin ; Color range of icy blues and light greys to white ; Closest to human proportions

Dune Fey

Color range of sandy-browns, sky blues and yellow-oranges ; Shorter than humans ; Ears flat on heads ; Long, wide fingers for tunneling

Spore Fey

Shorter than humans and Stocky ; Mottled skin ; color range of dark greys to earthly browns ; No hair ; Ear-Holes (Think Lizards) Long, clawed fingers that can secrete poisons

Reef Fey

Amphibious ; Blue skin and color scheme ; Translucent hair ; Webbed fingers / toes ; Fin-like ears.

Full-Blood --> Half-Breed

Fey-Children (Fey + Human)

Full Fey Body Appearance and Skin tone --> Fey Attribute and Color Scheme

Wilder Abilities --> 90% Chance with less strength / 10% with comparable

No Willcasting --> Potential Willcasting

Drake-Kin (Drake + Human)

Fully Scaled --> Scaled arms and legs

Large Reptilian Tail --> No tail

Fully Functional Wings --> Smaller Wings that can Glide

Elemental Breath / Abilities --> No Breath / Weaker Abilities

No Willcasting --> Potential Willcasting

Half-Fey Drakes

Fey Body-Type & Attributtes, Covered with scales

Scale color determined by Drake Parent, but can be influenced by species of Fey
(Reef Fey + Red Drake = Red or Blue)
(Spore Fey + Green Drake = Green or Purple)

Tail, Small vestigial wings

Breath Ability & Wilder Powers (Strengthened)

Classes

There are no “classes” as you may think of them from normal RPGs. Your class is a mixture of your station, how you fight or act, ETC. So, you can come up with something you know, or something new.

Equipment

Most medieval and fantasy type weapons. If you have an idea, run it by me or put it in your CS and I'll tell you if you must change it.

Magic

There are two types of magic: Willcasting and Wild Magic.

Wild Magics are the energies that permeate anything natural and all living beings. From fire to water to stone. From Plants to animals to Humans. Even Sound Waves, Light and everything the nature provides. Wilders are able to manipulate these energies:

A Wilder is able to use the wild magics to manipulate the world around them. Every wilder is born with different abilities and strengths. Wilders can have multiple abilities, however it requires more training to control all these abilities in order to prevent being ripped apart and becoming one with the nature.

A Wilder must live with his/her abilities for the rest of the life, as they cannot be removed or added to an individual.

Aspects of abilities:
Fire / Heat
Earth / Stone
Lightning
Air / Wind
Ice / Frost
Shadows / Darkness
Body / Spirt
Acid / Poison
Animal / Plant
Sound
Light
Gravitation / Telekinesis
Mind / Telepathy
Wood

Will Magic is Magic that is created through the Arcane strings of the universe and the user's imagination. Willcasters, or 'casters, are able to do this, and Only humans, or half-breeds up to the third generations

The user is born with the power of Will Magic and must learn how to control it. However it is much harder to learn and master than Wild magic, since it requires mostly the imagination and concentration of the user, whereas Wild Magic uses natural phenomenons.

Since Will magic uses the caster's own mental power, if too much or something too complex is attempted, it can damage, break or even destroy their mind.

ARTS
Invoking - The basic art which is creating a shape, such as an arrow or sphere or line, out of Pure arcana and controlling it mentally.

Evoking - Taking a creation and imbuing it with an element, such as stone, water, fire and properties, such as explosive, solid, etc.

Conjuration - Creating a physical object out of arcana, one that can be interacted with, such as a sword. or a wall

Alteration - Altering the state or properties of an object, such as making boots heavier or melting ice on a freezing day.

TIERS

Basic

Tier 1 - Novice - Tiny and Short; Invoking Spells Only (i.e. tennis-ball sized spectral energy)
Tier 2 - Amateur - Somewhat useful Spells; Invoking Spells Only (i.e. Soccer-Ball sized spectral energy)
Tier 3 - Trained - Useful Spells; Invoking & Alteration Spells Only (i.e. Chest-sized object; Increase Density of objects without affecting weight)
Tier 4 - Intermediate - Quite trained; Invoking, Alteration & Conjuration Spells Only (i.e. Body-sized object; Change Color and Shape of objects; Create basic weapons [arrows, swords, shields, etc.])

Advanced

Tier 5 - Expert - Very Talented; Invoking, Alteration, Conjuration & Evoking (i.e. hut-sized object; Change Appearance & Sensation of objects; Advanced Weapons & Armors [Polearms, Arcane Armors, etc.], Add Elements to existing Objects)
Tier 6 - Master - Extremely Talented; Invoking, Alteration, Conjuration & Evoking (i.e. house-sized object; Turn individuals and objects invisible, Multiple Weapons [multiple flying swords, rain of arrows, etc.] Add passive effects to multiple existing objects [emiting lightning bolts, inhibit sound, etc.])
Tier 7 - Grand-master - Ultimate Power; Your imagination is your limit.

Shape Examples

Sphere / Dome
Cube / Rectangle
Polygons (Hexagon, Pentagon, etc.)
Cone
Ray
Arrow
Sword
Spear
Hammer
Shield

Chorim - The Maker (M) - Father of the Gods. Dwells in the Throne room. Presides over all of Creation

Telaril - The Mother (F) - Mother of the Gods. Dwells in the garden. Presides over the seasons and Fertility

Venerim - The Justicar (F) - Guards the gates to Gorion Toth. Presides over Justice and laws. Often in conflict with Bilmont

Librom - The Mystic (M) - Can be found on Deretor, Reveling in nature. Presides over wild magic and nature.

Librem - The Scholar (M) - Found in the Library. Presides over Willcasting and Scholars.

Kha’as - The Reaper (M) - Collects the souls of the dead, to care for them until they return to the cycle.

Bilmont - The Schemer (M) - Can be anywhere, causing trouble for his siblings. Presides over Stealth, Trickery and Luck.

Vior - The Traveller (F) - Wanders the realms and roads. Presides over travellers and wanderers and roads.

Tilnor - The Craftsman (M) - Found in the workshop or smithy. Presides over craftsman of all kinds.

Doreem - The Warrior (M) - Presides over batle Mythical figure in the stories of the Nodorim Berzerkers.

OTHER THINGS:

Rewards will be given in the form of money, and possibly legendary items. You can use the money to buy new items. Those who use magic may also upgrade some facet of their skill, be it control, endurance, or more power. You can also pay for upgrades for your current equipment, including enchanting.

Money:
10 iron=1 bronze
10 bronze=1 silver
10 silver=1 gold

Mechanics

MECHANICS

During all direct combat scenarios and actions against the enemy will have overall structure from me but the details will be up to the players (i.e. I'll write something like "you can kill three guys, or two and strike at the mini boss" or the such, and allow the player to improvise how he kills them). If players would like to take some sort of direct action not offered, simply run it by me in I'll give you the possible results of that action.

Mooks (Untitled enemies) Are able to be killed to the number given. Titled enemies, {Elites ; Minibosses ; Bosses ; Megabosses} Are all enemies that you must post strikes for, rather than outright killing them. Your characters can also take wounds. Wounds will work with light, medium and heavy.

Light wounds are superficial, they won't affect a character's ability, but the player must acknowledge that they occur during the post. Players may also have the liberty of doing this on their own, though during some situations I will require this to happen to characters. Medium wounds will affect the combat capability of a character, either through a disability that prevents using certain equipment or just a decrease in effectiveness. Heavy wounds completely incapacitates the character; he becomes vulnerable to an execution move by an enemy if not aided by a comrade.

• LIGHT- Doesn't really affect you. From minor paint scratches to shallow cuts and bullet grazes, stuff like that make a Light wound. You can take these in your combat post if you wish. May or may not make later wounds easier to take/more severe. When I give them to you, you must emote (write them out) them in your post, and they must fit the situation that gave you the wound
  • MEDIUM- Affects your combat capabilities in some way. There are 3 terms I sometimes use. Given during my posts, and must be emoted in the same way as Lights.

1. Light-Medium means that it isn't really bad. Perhaps crushed chest armor (makes chest more vulnerable)
  2. Medium is the base. From crushed armor to a severed limb, most anything goes. Middle of the road may be a cut leg muscle that makes you slower to move.
  3. Medium-Heavy Are bad. Severed limbs are the topmost example.

• HEAVY- Wounds that severely damage your characterto the point that it hurts too much to move, or is just completely impossible. These are allocated and emoted by me, so you needn't worry about having to be fair with these. Executions can happen if you aren't rescued (either by all enemies around you getting killed or wrapped up in combat, someone dragging you to safety, or someone shielding you with their body.

Gambits are high-risk, high-reward maneuvers that can turn the tide of battle if successful, or seriously hinder you is they don't work.

POSTING

I will ask that people post at least once a day. I would personally prefer more, but I realize that RL and timezones prohibit that in plenty of cases. I will post a full moving update once a day, Approximately every 24 hours, or once everyone has posted. in addition, I will post more often during downtime (Probably once two or three people post) in order to allow some greater character development. In combat, unless it will cause problems at that time, I will post a combat group update once the entire group posts

Again, if you have any questions, comments or suggestions, let me know

THIS IS PLANNED TO BE A LONG-TERM ROLEPLAY, WITH GENERATIONS OF CHARACTERS (EITHER CHILDREN OR APPRENTICES) THIS ALSO MEANS THAT THERE WILL BE FAMILIES MADE.

Premise
In the universe of StarRunner, the UTC (United Terran Council) has been running a type of utopia on earth and her colonies. Terra has been re-formed to it's natural glory, dotted by pristine, utopian Megatropolises that do not harm the environment. This was made possible due to the relocation of all dirty industry (Such as manufacturing) onto the mars Foundry-Planet. However, the recent pushes by activist groups to pust for equality for Off-Breed Humans (Anthromorphs and Technomancers) have caused plenty of systems to create the "Splinter" faction (Think North and South of the American Civil War). One would think that, given the might of Terra's Military, the war could not last long, but the Splinter has somehow been able to hold their own, and even push back the UTC forces.

The players will be riders of FRAMEs under the command of a Loyalist captain aboard the StarRuner super-carrier. (Eventually)

Things to Know:

Each FRAME has a SOUL, an AI that inhabits the FRAME and acts as a companion to the Rider, manifesting as digital projections when outside of the FRAME. They will essentially act as a second character. They have their own personalities and are completely loyal to their Rider. Basic summery. Ask questions if unsure.

The FRAME system would be similar to many other types of Mecha. You have a good amount of liberty in designing it.
Types are as follows:
Strykers - Mobility and fast-attack frames, Close Combat Oriented
Bulwarks - Slower, more durable Frames, Defense, support Oriented
Destroyers - Firepower-based Frames, Ranged Oriented

For weapons and technology, there are blades and shields of solid light. Laser weapons are a-go. Kinetic weapons and missiles are still valid weapons as well. Beyond that, you can create one signature weapon or system. Everything must be portable, however, such as carried rifles and swords or hardpoint mounted weapons. This is a really basic overview. Ask questions.

As for loot, that will be salvage, which will be consumed by the Ship's mechanics to give Player-Requested additions to their frames. (Be they weaponized or simply upgrades to statistical things. Speed, etc.)

For characters, there are different 'breeds' of huimans that you can choose from:
Humans- They're, well, human. They do get a bonus to their likability, due to less prejudice against them.
Anthromorphs- Ears and tail of base mammal (Or suitable replacements) and a personality quirk that coincides with base animal. This includes a boost in an ability, such as increased stealth, speed, stregnth, that will be imparted upon their FRAME.
Technomancers- Technomancers are born with the ability to see streams of data and influence them. With enough time and concentration, a Battle Technomancer can input code or cause a malfunction in equipment. For example, A Technomancer can grapple an enemy and input code to transmit the position of the FRAME to a receiver. Also can be used to take down shields for boarding actions, etc. Just remember that it takes time and concentration, and is thus used best when planned in advance and with good support, rather than trying to influence the tide of battle in a moment.

Also, each rider will have been scouted out by the captain of the ship for a reason that will be up to you. Distinguished service in battle, Prodigy Mechanic, Trouble-making delinquent, etc.

Other Details:

FRAMES are 50-75 feet Tall. Also, controlled by body movements and mental commands, not joysticks and other controls. (Think Pacific Rim, and you are basically there)

FRAMEs have a limited bio-feedback system. Damage taken by the FRAME is felt by the rider at a base rate or 10-25%. You will get sharp pains and such from wounds, the worst being complete limb numbness when the corresponding FRAME limb is detached.

Again, basic information. Ask questions

MECHANICS

During all direct combat scenarios and actions against the enemy will have overall structure from me but the details will be up to the players (i.e. I'll write something like "you can kill three guys, or two and strike at the mini boss" or the such, and allow the player to improvise how he kills them). If players would like to take some sort of direct action not offered, simply run it by me in I'll give you the possible results of that action.

Mooks (Untitled enemies) Are able to be killed to the number given. Titled enemies, {Elites ; Minibosses ; Bosses ; Megabosses} Are all enemies that you must post strikes for, rather than outright killing them. Your characters can also take wounds. Wounds will work with light, medium and heavy.

Light wounds are superficial, they won't affect a character's ability, but the player must acknowledge that they occur during the post. Players may also have the liberty of doing this on their own, though during some situations I will require this to happen to characters. Medium wounds will affect the combat capability of a character, either through a disability that prevents using certain equipment or just a decrease in effectiveness. Heavy wounds completely incapacitates the character; he becomes vulnerable to an execution move by an enemy if not aided by a comrade.

• LIGHT- Doesn't really affect your/your FRAME. From minor paint scratches to shallow cuts and bullet grazes, stuff like that make a Light wound. You can take these in your combat post if you wish. May or may not make later wounds easier to take/more severe. When I give them to you, you must emote (write them out) them in your post, and they must fit the situation that gave you the wound
  • MEDIUM- Affects your combat capabilities in some way. There are 3 terms I sometimes use. Given during my posts, and must be emoted in the same way as Lights.

1. Light-Medium means that it isn't really bad. Perhaps crushed chest armor plating (makes chest more vulnerable, can flake off during combat)
  2. Medium is the base. From crushed plating to a severed limb, most anything goes. Middle of the road may be a smashed arm servo that makes it slower to move.
  3. Medium-Heavy Are bad. Severed limbs are the topmost example, although destroyed weapon systems are also a thing that happens here.

• HEAVY- Wounds that severely damage your character/FRAME to the point that it hurts too much to move, or is just completely impossible. These are allocated and emoted by me, so you needn't worry about having to be fair with these. Executions can happen if you aren't rescued (either by all enemies around you getting killed or wrapped up in combat, someone dragging you to safety, or someone shielding you with their body.

Gambits
are high-risk, high-reward maneuvers that can turn the tide of battle if successful, or seriously hinder you is they don't work.

Combat will occur both in and out of your FRAME.

POSTING

I will ask that people post at least once a day. I would personally prefer more, but I realize that RL and timezones prohibit that in plenty of cases. I will post a full moving update once a day, Approximately every 24 hours, or once everyone has posted. in addition, I will post more often during downtime (Probably once two or three people post) in order to allow some greater character development. In combat, unless it will cause problems at that time, I will post a combat group update once the entire group posts

As this is anime, and for the direction I am hoping for this to go, there will be love interests. Couples and families will be formed.

THIS IS PLANNED TO BE A LONG-TERM RP

Agents Temporalis: A genre-bending VRMMORPG where the players are part of a special group of soldier. The Agents Temporalis, a taskforce created to protect the timeline from the time-travelling Temporals, an alien race hoping to colonize Aurastia for themselves. The Temporals travel into the past to change history to weaken the Aurans in the war that is happening in the current time.

The Players will be a small group of friends who play the game together, knowing each other in RL. Even though it is an MMO, each player or group has their own instance of each would, with the Nexus being the place to meet, group, and trade.

I want to limit this to 5-6 people, as a smaller group works better in this concept

Bronze Age (Ancient Rome )
Feudal Age (Medieval Europe)
Powder Age (Colonial America)
Steam Age (Industrial Revolution)
Network Age (Modern Times)
Cyber Age (Cyberpunk [Matrix/Robocop Tech])
Ascension Age (Medium-tech Sci Fi)
Nexus (High-tech Sci Fi)

Mooks (Untitled enemies) Are able to be killed to the number given. Titled enemies, {Elites ; Minibosses ; Bosses ;Megabosses} Are all enemies that you must post strikes for, rather than outright killing them. Your characters can also take wounds. Wounds will work with light, medium and heavy.

LIGHT- Doesn't really affect you. From minor paint scratches to shallow cuts and bullet grazes, stuff like that make a Light wound. You can take these in your combat post if you wish. May or may not make later wounds easier to take/more severe. When I give them to you, you must emote (write them out) them in your post, and they must fit the situation that gave you the wound
MEDIUM
- Affects your combat capabilities in some way. There are 3 terms I sometimes use. Given during my posts, and must be emoted in the same way as Lights.

Light-Medium
means that it isn't really bad. Perhaps crushed chest armor (makes chest more vulnerable)
Medium
is the base. From crushed armor to a severed limb, most anything goes. Middle of the road may be a cut leg muscle that makes you slower to move.
Medium-Heavy
Are bad. Severed limbs are the topmost example.

HEAVY-
Wounds that severely damage your character to the point that it hurts too much to move, or is just completely impossible. These are allocated and emoted by me, so you needn't worry about having to be fair with these.
Executions
can happen if you aren't rescued (either by all enemies around you getting killed or wrapped up in combat, someone dragging you to safety, or someone shielding you with their body.

Gambits
are high-risk, high-reward maneuvers that can turn the tide of battle if successful, or seriously hinder you is they don't work.

There are missions that you can accept from the nexus to gain rewards and experience. The party would be allowed 3 deaths a mission/hunting trip before being kicked out and penalised with the fourth.

Most types of weapons, including swords, axes, bows, guns, polearms, etc.
Armors From fastest to Strongest: Speed Armor, Flight Armor (short jumps and glides), Fight Armor, Tank Armor

The look of the equipment will be chosen by the player {For swords: [Feudal Style (European Longsword)" "Feudal Style (Asian Katana)" "Sci-Fi Style (Plasma Blade)" Etc.]} in order to personalize the character, the skin being the same no matter what time they go into. The weapon and armor stats would be influenced by which materials are used to create it.

2 weapon sets of 2 hands each, the second set is unlocked at level ten. There is also a secondary weapon, a weak weapon that allows melee classes to have some ranged, and visa-versa

You build new weapons and armor and the stats are based on what items you craft them with, the skin can stay the same if you wish.

When you Level (Generated purely by narrative, sooner for Iron-Man characters) You gain 1 point. For the first 10 levels you only have the base class tree, unlocking the sub-class trees at Level 10.

You can spend your single point on any of the talents (Active Skills) or traits (Passive Bonuses) that I come up with. The trees will evolve based on your actions and skills, So two ranged will not get the same trees, even though they are both Ranged classes.

Also, the more you spend on a tree, the better the choices will be for that tree.

Rez spell, or recovering the spirit stone out of battle, or reincarnating at the nearest portal

The spirit stone emerges out of a dead body, and can be interacted with after battle to rez without using items.

Iron Man characters don't get a spirit stone, so they have to be rezzed in battle or die permanently

Iron Man

You do lose progress, but not all of it. Imagine after you had an Iron Man character and he dies, you get 'points' that you can re-invest into a new char.

Imagine in generic MMOs, max. level being 99. You are level 50, iron-man mode. You die. Instant of starting at 1, you get enough points to make a new character to start a new one at like 25 to 35.

So you lose a good chunk of process but not all. And obviously you still in this case got your IRL character, so you still can go and play on, so even if characters die or new characters are made, the relationships remain

IG body Damage: The virtual body feels it, but no damage or pain gets transferred IRL
IG Severed limbs and such: What happens is the divegear locks down any waves going to that arm, and doesn't transfer them. Therfore, no moving a non-existant arm
IRL body Damage: The game comes up with a warning stating that your body is compromised, and gives you an emergency logout option, saving what loot you got from the mission and getting you out quick

Frontline (Causes most damage) [Fight Armor]
Tank (Can take most damage) [Tank Armor]
Ranged (Causes most precisely damage & best crit. hitter) [Flight Armor]
Supporter (Healing & Buffs) [Speed Armor]

And each class will branch in 2 talent trees.

Frontline into Charger (dual-wield or two-handed) or Cavalry (gets a battle-mount)
Tank into Mobile Fortress (1H weapon + Tower Shield; or Tower Shield two-handed) or Balanced (1H weapon + Shield)
Ranged into Gunner (Bow & Arrow, automatic weapons, etc.) or Destroyer (Crossbow, Missiles, Sniper Rifles, etc.)
Supporter into Bio-Engineer (heals ppl, also has poison stuff and stim-packs) or Robotics (set up automated turrets, other traps and use other technologies such as mobile stealth fields, shield generators, etc.)

To keep grinding and crafting from being problematic, every enemy drops items. Each single item is replicated at the end of the mission, so that every member gets the same loot. They can then trade so as to craft items more suited to them. The less common items are not replicated, and are given to a member by vote, or by a GM die. Or may be given by me randomly to ensure fairness, and they can then be traded.

Example

Loot = 1 claw (dmg rank 1) 1 eye (acc rank 1) 1 soul of rage (RARE - more melee damage with less HP)

So each member gets = 1 claw & 1 eye
The party gains = 1 soul of rage to distribute

The items can now be traded.

THIS IS TO BE A DETAILED, LONG-RUNNING RP

PREMISE

(Heavily inspired by Harry Potter, it seems)

The Players are all part of a school that trains those gifted in either the lost magic arts or able to utilize lost technologies to be guardians of the human race. This school is isolated from the rest of the world due to the Xenophobic nature of humans.

However, this school is necessary, as the Technomatic invasion that happened centuries ago has left mars on the world, some creatures still surfacing to wreak havoc on the humans who cannot combat them.

And things are dire, as there is a prophecy that the Technomancers will return in time, and destroy the planet. This time is soon.

The players will just be beginning their first year at the school, and will go to classes, and be sent on missions to destroy creatures and gather relics and information that will help.

As times go on, the players will grow in power, and so will the enemy, as the invasion gets closer.

MECHANICS

If it happens, it will be treated like both players were fighting an elite or above. You will each write a strike, and I will determine what happens. This is to prevent godmoding. Also, these scenes will be quicker than most combats, as they are usually more tiring, and also less fun.

Those who can harness magic are able to manipulate arcane or natural energies to create a multitude of different effects. From lightning bolts and fireballs to using slabs of earth as walls or piercing steel walls with solid arcane spears

The two types of Magic Students are: Arcanist and Elementalist. One uses arcane power (An energy that, when manifested, looks like mercury/quicksilver), the other uses elemental power. If you wish, you can specialize in one facet to decrease flexibility, but up your power in that one area.

Arcanist Specialties
-Weapon Creation
-Shielding
-Projectiles
-Free-Form (The magic acts as a type of malleable matter similar to water, unable to keep solid form)
-Summoning

Elementalist Specialties
-Fire
-Earth
-Water
-Wind
-Ice
-Plant
-Lightning

Magic Students gain power by increasing their mental endurance and researching new spells. The new spells are rewards, and will need to be run by me for approval.

Those who are instead able to utilize lost technologies can follow in two different paths. Weaponsmithing, or Mechromancy.

Weaponsmiths build weapons that utilize lost tech, such as plasma or morphing parts, to create weapons that can be much more effective than conventional bullet weaponry. They may (but do not have to) specialize in ranged or melee weapons.

Mechromancers are able to create machines (Player Pet NPCs) that will fight for them, or battlesuits to fight in themselves. Each of these may be taken as a specialization.

Rewards are either upgrades to existing weapons/mechs, or completely new ones. Again to be run by me.

That Halo OC plot, sign me up.

Deretor sounds like a nice idea, and I like the idea of having entire generations and whatnot, but if you're aiming for that then I think it needs to be something on the scale of one of the universe RPs like Iluim, with multiple groups and multiple intertwining plotlines. I also don't think having attack mechanics and reward systems is a particularly good idea either in such a situation. It sounds like you're trying to make it much more like a video game than the RP format can allow. If people are constantly waiting for the GM to confirm whether or not they're allowed to attack, whether or not their attack works, whether or not they're using the right amount of power for their weapons/spells, it can die very quickly. If I was GMing such a large scale project, I'd let people take all the liberties they want so that the RP keeps moving, and adapt the plotline to suit those liberties. Of course, I'd still raise an issue if someone was outright powergaming or godmodding though. Also, it sounds like there would be a heavy focus on combat what with the rewards part, which does make sense for mercenaries, but I find that the more combat there is in a roleplay, the faster people get bored, so I usually limit combat scenarios to the minimum and have most of the RP be plot and character development.

The VRMMO one sounds quite interesting, but it sounds again like you're trying to make it into much more of a video game than RP format allows.

Same with the magic/tech school. Nice premises, but more suited to game format. Not many people enjoy making a bunch of short posts and having to wait for the GM to decide whether or not their action works. That's fine in D&D where it's real time and responses are every minute or so, but it feels like this system is punishing the 99% just because one in a hundred might godmod.

@Karakui

I've used this combat system before with positive feedback from my players. I have also found that if there isn't combat, I lose people as much as I lose people if there is too much combat. And I have also seen that if you let the players take liberties in how/what they attack with complete freedom, even if they don't godmode then the action can just get straight up confusing. It is not to punish anyone, it is to keep the combat manageable, and also to help with giving the players the right feeling of power.

I see. I also see you're pretty new here. Different forums have different groups of people, so what works on one may not necessarily work on another. Finding what does and doesn't is very much trial and error though. I can understand your points, so all that's left now is to wait and see if they can apply to this forum. While I myself won't join anything that has a moderated combat system, I'm interested to see how this goes so I'll follow the RPs as a reader.

Thought the StarRunner thing might be interesting, however I am not a big fan of anime or romance, so i may be 'out' for that one...

Also, I'm not a huge HALO fan, so my knowledge on that universe is slim to none- but could certainly be interesting, as I do like the universe the game takes place in more than i enjoyed the games [except REACH and ODST ;)] I'll throw a tentative interest into both.

@Karakui

If I may ask, wouldn't you still need to wait for a GM post after everyone has taken a turn in a non-moderated combat system? So the enemies can have a turn as well? What is the point of having any combat without a risk of getting hurt or killed? I could trim my system down some, perhaps, but in order for combat to make sense and work then it is necessary to order it in some fashion.

From my experience, people here prefer to describe their entire battle scenario, so they'll describe the actions of the NPC enemies as well, which means that as a GM all I have to do is supply plenty of monsters for them to fight. I make sure any "boss" characters are dealt with through non-combat means. People here are good at balancing how many hits they give and take and how effective they are. A lot of people actually make their character lose on purpose, for the RP value.

As for PVP, that never really works. I've seen one situation where PVP has actually worked. Every other situation, it's killed the RP. Thus, I try very hard both as a GM and a player to avoid PVP situations that can't be resolved through conversation.

Yeah see, my idea of "Works" is that it DOESN'T limit the player. The "Format" may be the same, but the groups of people on different websites are very different, and there's no guarantee that directly transferring an item from one thing to another will still have it function the same way. So, since as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't work, I will always be ready to critique it should the situation call for it. And besides, what's wrong with criticism? If something can't hold up to criticism then it's evidence that it's not a good thing in the first place. If we never critiqued something because it "worked", we'd still be walking around bashing things with clubs and dressing ourselves in loincloths. Criticism of what "works" is how humanity improves itself.

@Crystallized_Light @Karakui

Okay, for the record:

1. Both of you stop being so damn toxic
  2. This system has been used to good criticism on TWO websites before this. (One with a different format)
  3. She never said criticism is bad
  4. Everyone is allowed their own opinion.
  5. If it works or doesn't work for you, that doesn't mean that is does or doesn't for everyone.
  6. The point of my system is to REASONABLY limit the player, which makes sure NO ONE can go over the top.
  7. I have tried how you run combat, it always devolves into a mess
  8. I have seen that if there isn't combat in an RP that requires combat, players get bored just as much if there's too much
  9. AND, as was said, if it doesn't work for you, that's fine. BUT it doesn't mean it doesn't work at all, which is what your words said.
  10. If the two of you keep arguing, I will request that this thread be deleted, because I RP to get away from stupid shit like this. I come here to get away from all-or-nothing judgements and non-sensical arguing. I come here to have fun, and if how I run combat WON'T be fun for you, DON'T join, but PLEASE don't say it doesn't work. Because it has worked. Multiple times. So please just respect each other's opinions, respect me, and stop arguing. If you BOTH could apologize that'd be great.

Reactions: Karakui
I'd like to say that your Mercenary of Derator RP seems interesting. Though I am not sure about the long term part, where the Roleplay spans across generations of Mercs...Not very many Mercs are fond to the idea of starting families from what I understand. I do have a few ideas and characters in mind, provided that you are okay with pregnancy in your roleplays.

I've always wanted to do a YuGiOh type of RP. There are so many cards and most of them rely on other types of cards/archetypes that I think it'd be difficult. I am open to the idea though.

@GlassTrinity

Well, it'd be somewhat like pokemon, but the monsters would be the pokemon, and such ike that.

Status
Not open for further replies.