1. Adept
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Modern, Magical, Horror, and Romance
I have returned with an old rp. It's time to have fun with myths and legends again~

Links:
Lore
Main

• "Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong

What if you woke up one day and found out you weren't normal anymore? What would you do if you found out one day you were one of the most important figures in human history? That would make you feel pretty special, wouldn't it? But what would happen if it came true?

The year is 2032, the world is in turmoil. The Unemployment Rate has risen from 30 to 50% within the past year and has slowly been getting worse, the environment has taken its toll, and the people are no longer happy. The world, at one point, used to be the happiest place until something happened. Not a lot of people know what, but that was when things starting going downhill. To make things worse, the rich have made the lives of the poor difficult, forcing them into doing things no human being should do. While some places of work were able to avoid them, many small businesses haven't been able to get out of their greedy hands.

The governments are in disrepair, but they are trying their best to protect the people, however, they can only do so much. The only reason people haven't completely given up completely is for the stories of the old days.

Myths, legends, mysteries, stories, curses. Humans have always been drawn to them. They have fueled the minds of many children for a long, long time. Even as they reached their adult years, they never gave up believing their heroes will come to life and save them from their existence. Many children wished they would still be around and maybe the world wouldn't be a terrible place. While some myths were told to bring awe, there are other stories meant to scare others. Curses are the main reason people both love and fear mysteries, many have tried to find one of these fabled places but would fail in the end. It appeared as if many of these legends didn't want to be found...at least, not yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It's pretty scary to know how quickly time flies." - James Wan

There are humans out there...very bad humans who don't want to share the mysteries of the world but to plunder them. While there are secret agendas for each individual, the main goal is clear. Find these places and steal everything they have by using the one thing they need the most, the Vessels.

The Wonders, the legends all have heard about, are making a come back. It's time for the past to help the present in order to save the future. Children will never know pain as long as there is still hope and a little bit of imagination.

• List of the Mythos/Wonders and Curses
    Aokigahara Forest - reserved - chaosheart13
    The Pyramids of Giza
    Curse of Oak Island
    The Hanging Gardens of Babylon
    Gate of Hell - reserved - kookyboy9
    The First Temple of Kings
    Noah's Ark
    Eden - Alexander - Happydeath
    Atlantis - Rosangela - Cheshire Grin

Bermuda Triangle
    Dragon's Triangle
    Camelot - reserved - chaosheart13
    Lighthouse of Alexandria
    Library of Alexandria
    Curse of King Tut
    Mount Olympus
    Stonehenge
    Nexus
    Yomi - reserved - Monbon
    Fountain of Youth
    Pandora's Box
    Sherwood Forest - reserved - chaosheart13
    Mount Fuji
    Muramasa
    Masamune
    Shangri-La
    The Tower of Babel
    The Ferryman's Boat

Last edited:
I might be interested depending on how the roleplay works

Really confusing, but I've been in something similar so I hope maybe this could kick off, if I understood it better...

What are the mechanics of this rp? Have you considered having the characters from just one era instead of many (which is what the roles look like)? I'm not sure how roles from many different eras would work and my own personal experience with more than one era has not been easy either. Furthermore, why "places" for roles? Aren't we playing characters/people? What exactly am I looking for in regards to roles?

It sounds like... rereading... We are people from the past... coming to save people from 2032 from some "bad people" (clearing up who the antagonist is would be awesome...) and we are vessels of those people from the past (are we cursed individuals who are in present time?)... but why would people from the past save people from the future? What's the group's motive for going out and being like "We have to save these people in the future from these bad people!"??

We have the roles as places... we are people from those places... and if the bad guys want to steal everything we have from those places... what exactly does that mean for others? The bad guys just stole everything... now what? Are the people from the legends going to disappear and there will be no more myths/folklore/etc.?

Any clarification is appreciated... The idea as a whole sounds fantastic, but the mechanics and processes just sounds super confusing.

To shorten this up, who are we? Are we cursed? Are we vessels? What is our goal? Why is that our goal? Who are the bad guys? What are their goals and why are those their goals? How do we get from point A (realizing the bad guys must be stopped) to point b (stopping the bad guys)? What happens if the bad guys win? What happens if the good guys win?

@kookyboy9 @Esmeralda Blackheart
I will be more than happy to answer any questions you have if you are lost and/or confused.

@Kat
All questions you have shall be answered
  1. You are normal people who were born in a time where the earth is in utter turmoil. Whether you make your character come from a rich family or not is completely up to you.
  2. You are not necessarily cursed, but you have been chosen to carry an ancient being simply known as a Wonder/Warrior Wonder/Curse.
  3. Yes, you are considered a vessel, but that is if you have a Wonder/Warrior Wonder/Curse within you.
    1. Wonder, Warrior Wonder, or Curse are another name of the Creator Gods.
  4. The goal for the good guys is to repair the world, restoring the faith of the people and returning them to what they were used to be, happy.
  5. The world is very miserable, the pain of those who live on earth have gotten to the Wonders and they want to repair the damage that had been done. Fix the problems that should never have happened.
  6. The Judas Research of Medical Advancement Institute and their Head Director.
  7. While the desires of the people can vary, the main villain wants to claim the power of the Wonders, Warriors, and Curses. He wants to recreate the world in his image with no Gods.
  8. This one is a bit tricky, this could be a conjoint effort by everyone in the group or we can go with the generic route. The original idea is the Head Director making himself known to the Vessels and sometimes destroying all the work they put in to save the others.
    1. While the main plot is in my head, I just need to put it into words properly.
  9. Bad Guy Route: The Head Director succeeds in absorbing the powers of the Wonders and Curses, from there he would destroy the world(literally) and create a new one in his image, removing the Wonders and Curses from existence.
  10. Good Guy Route: The Judas Research Institute is destroyed completely, completely killing off Head Director's bloodline. This allows the Wonders and Curses to continue fixing the Earth to a healthier state.

I hope this answers the questions you have. There is a lore section for the RP that is being revised.

Reactions: junebug
In addition to the questions from above, would our characters have anything that aids them coming from hosting the wonders, or are they on their own to deal with the bad guys?

Reactions: junebug
I'm stuck between Aokigahara and Camelot shoot. But this is interesting, I do want to learn more!

so, would I have to follow the list? What if I know of some others?

And these Wonders/Warrior Wonders/Curses are historical/Mythological creatures? Like Abraham Lincoln, for example? Or Zeus? Because I do not understand the list much

I second this. Still uncertain about what the list is for, now that it's been cleared up we are playing normal people who are cursed and considered a vessel.

And these Wonders/Warrior Wonders/Curses are historical/Mythological creatures? Like Abraham Lincoln, for example? Or Zeus? Because I do not understand the list much

I second this. Still uncertain about what the list is for, now that it's been cleared up we are playing normal people who are cursed and considered a vessel.
The Wonders are actually Gods from a different plane of existence. The list above is actually the first location they created that is considered their home(one location per Wonder). The name of the locations were technically names given by humans.

In addition to the questions from above, would our characters have anything that aids them coming from hosting the wonders, or are they on their own to deal with the bad guys?
Yes, your character actually develops powers once you awaken.

I'm stuck between Aokigahara and Camelot shoot. But this is interesting, I do want to learn more!
I don't mind if you want to play both xD there is a lore section being revised so I can post that for people

So, to clarify, we are normal people who have been cursed. Because we are cursed, we've become a vessel for these wonders... and these wonders have those homes...? So we are trying to defend our homes AND humanity or? xD

I know it was asked earlier, but I didn't see it answered. Are we restricted to the currently existing roles, or can we pitch our own wonders/curses?

Also, could we get a link to the lore thread?

...I CAN PLAY BOTH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA SWEET

This honestly looks really fun. Could I reserve Yomi? ♡

I feel like this is gonna be something like God of Highschool
Kind of, just minus highschool xD Don't worry, the lore section will have a lot more information ^^

So, to clarify, we are normal people who have been cursed. Because we are cursed, we've become a vessel for these wonders... and these wonders have those homes...? So we are trying to defend our homes AND humanity or? xD
Yes, you would be considered cursed, the locations are just the homes they created for themselves. I do hope that makes sense o.o

I know it was asked earlier, but I didn't see it answered. Are we restricted to the currently existing roles, or can we pitch our own wonders/curses?

Also, could we get a link to the lore thread?
You can, just pitch the idea to me and I will let you know if it is ok to use. I don't, however, want the list to be too long for obvious reasons. Also, the like to the lore will be posted very soon ^^

...I CAN PLAY BOTH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA SWEET
I shall reserve them for you ^^

This honestly looks really fun. Could I reserve Yomi? ♡
Sure ^^

Dragon's Triangle please!! :D

Reactions: Cheshire Grin
Here is the Lore Thread for all who want to know more about the roleplay and more ^^
The Last Flicker Lore

Reactions: Monbon
Is this anime or real life?

@Kat
Whatever you are comfortable with, I don't really like limiting people on characters ^^

@Kat
Whatever you are comfortable with, I don't really like limiting people on characters ^^

I just noticed that there were anime pictures in the lore thread, so I thought it was an anime style rp.

Trying to decide between asking to reserve Hell's Gate and Pandora's Box. Is anyone else eyeing either of them?

Reactions: Monbon