Mythical Reincarnation (OOC & CS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alexa Ray

Original poster
Welcome! This is where you will be uploading your character sheets! The rules are down below.

1.) All Iwaku roleplaying rules apply. Some I will reinforce separately on here.

2.) Use proper grammar, punctuation, and capitalization. I don't like seeing a jumble of words.

3.) No one-liners. I require at least a paragraph of five sentences with varying structure, lots of details and imagery, but would love if you could do more than just that. Quality over quantity!

4.) No meta-gaming, god-modding, or any "perfect" characters.

5.) I don't have very high expectations of how often a person should post since I'm busy myself. At least one post a day to a week are my expectations. If you won't be able to post within the week, let us know with a brief explanation here in the OOC comments!

6.) Have fun!

CAST LIST

Athena: PinkArrow
Persephone: Seraph's Embrace
Khione: Cicatrix
Ares: F L Y
Hypnos: MaladaptiveDaydreamer
Pan: NoobCW

To those who want to join, we are already full. Sorry for the inconvenience.

MECHANICS

Each character would have powers based on what their the god of. For example, Poseidon is the god of the sea. If someone were to have their character reincarnated as Poseidon, they could do a limited number of water-based abilities.

Each character is "reborn" meaning they have no past memories of their life as a god. They're like babies, starting a new life with new memories like any other human being.

Powers do not manifest until adolescence, but in this roleplay, we will be portraying our characters as young adults, so they would already have their powers intact and be able to control them to an extent, depending solely on emotions, willpower, and whether the power itself can be made active or inactive.

Olympus is a parallel world that has gone under an apocalypse, possibly taken over by some evil god. Either way, later on, characters will be placed into situations that lead them to this parallel world.

The main setting will be in Venice, Italy.

Name:

Ancestor: (Which Greek God are you reincarnated from?)

Powers/Abilities: (Make sure these are themed around what your God portrays. For example, if I had a character reincarnated from Poseidon, since Poseidon is the God of the sea, my character's powers would be water-based.)

Appearance: (At least a paragraph of detailed description. No images please.)

Personality: (You have the option of adding this in or not. If yes, please put down negative and positive traits in at least a paragraph. If you plan to reveal throughout the roleplay, put down TBA.)

History: (Remember to state what age they got their powers, which must be sometime during adolescence.)

More: (Any extra information you want to share? If not, put down N/A.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Will we be able to create a secondary character as well by chance? :bsmile:

@F L Y Secondary as in a second primary character or a second character who is minor to the plot?

Most likely a minor secondary character. I was just curious in case I found another deity I wished to play. So far though I am completely engulfed in making Ares.

Where is the RP going to be held? Have we established that information?

@F L Y Please don't double post- there's a reason we have the edit button; Well, if you want to play another deity, they'd most likely become major because each primary character is going through the same thing. If you want to play a minor character you doesn't reoccur in the roleplay countless times, you don't need to make a character sheet for them. Have you put your vote and/or suggestion in?

@PinkArrow That was my bad; I fixed it. And yes I have. I voted for Florence, Italy since it gave inspiration for my character.

@F L Y Okay, we just need votes from the others and then it'll be decided where this is taking place according to the poll.

I am going to post my CS up, but I will be tweaking it (mostly adding more History and such) according to what the poll says.

UNDER CONSTRUCTION
PLEASE NOTE THAT I WILL CHANGE ANY INFORMATION DEPENDING ON THE FINAL VOTES-- THANKYOU

Adamo Gagliardi
(Zesty Italian)

Occupation: Private Investigator/Detective MONDAY THROUGH SUNDAY 4AM TO 12AM
He skipped college and went straight into the Marines when he turned eighteen. Unfortunately, he was booted after lying about his criminal record as well as an incident pertaining friendly fire on the field. Now, he is a simple PI inside the cities Police Station. HOO-RAH

Ancestor: Ares; God of war, bloodshed, and violence.
MAIN ABILITY Enhanced Strength: Ares is superhumanly strong, though far more so than the majority of his race. Adamo also has the incredible ability to defy weight limitations, but not completely break them. Dense, lengthy, or overweight items are easy to move and simple to use in nearly any manner. Adamo can crush, lift, throw, or catch items of great weight.
SUB ABILITY Enhanced Durability: Ares' body and metabolism generates almost no fatigue toxins during physical activity, granting him virtually inexhaustible superhuman stamina in all physical activities. Ares' body is also highly resistant to physical injury. He can withstand great impact forces, energy discharges, temperature extremes, and falls from great heights without being injured. Adamo's physical durability (ability to endure/resist damage) is extremely high like his ancestor, allowing him to take numerous blows of internal or external assaults before succumbing to the effects. This also makes his bones and joints stronger so it is easier to lift objects of great mass.
SECONDARY ABILITY Blood Regeneration: Adamo is able to heal any wounds by simply touching the blood of the dead. There is a catch though, for his regeneration ability to actually aid him the dead must have been killed by his own hands. This ability was not introduced until Adamo was in his late teens and it has only been used that one time so far.
IN ALL Ares is a formidable hand-to-hand combatant, possessing fighting skills superior to that of even his father Zeus and his sister Athena. Adamo inherits these skills and puts them to good use during his day job. While not as accomplished at magic as many of his fellow Olympians, and lacking the ability to fly, or to project energy, as an Olympian god Ares has the potential to use magic. Unfortunately, Adamo does not inherit this ability (later on when told he could learn magic he deems it: "Unnecessarily ladylike and boring), but he can sense the presence of other gods, demons, and the use of magic, as well as call onto other gods. This ability is not available until later on in the role-play though when the secret is let out.
Appearance Logistics
Height: 6ft. 1in.
Weight: 180lbs.
Eyes: Green
Hair: Brown
Adamo is built like Ares himself. The Marine Corps and his own personal training has bulked up his muscles tremendously. His abilities have also aided him in his physical training routine. His skin is a dark olive tone (thanks to his Italian genes) and does not really darken even when he is outside for a long period of time. His brown hair is always kept short and it is never really styled in any way. Adamo believes that putting frilly products in his hair will only shorten it's lifespan and make him prematurely bald. The top half of his face is almost square shape and then it morphs town into an upside down triangle. He has a strong jaw, which usually twitches when his anger is too much to bear. Lines on his forehead show when his facial expressions shift and his lips are always formed into a conniving grin. He is viewed as a masculine soldier: his resilience, physical strength, and military intelligence are unrivaled.
(+) Deceitful; Deception, beguilement, deceit, bluff, mystification and subterfuge are acts to propagate beliefs of things that are not true, or not the whole truth (as in half-truths or omission). Adamo uses this trait on a near daily basis. His decisiveness can involve dissimulation, propaganda, and sleight of hand, as well as distraction, camouflage, or concealment. He uses this to camouflage himself into a charming young detective and not the dark, bloodthirsty man he really is.
(+) Determination; Adamo has a firmness of purpose or resoluteness and will not back down until he has won.
(+) Fearlessness; Adamo's lack of fear gets him into the most dangerous situations, but with the aid of his other personalities he can usually get out of anything.
(+) Guilt & Regret; Living this long with these ruthless feelings and powers, Adamo has always been torn with his ancestor's life and his own. He's carried this feeling of having done wrong or failed in an obligation ever since he was old enough to realize his power and the danger it brings. He is no longer in contact with his dear mamma and younger sister for fear of hurting them in a physical or mental way. But this pushes him to do the things that will ultimately protect them further from himself.
(-) Impulsive; Adamo acts and does without forethought, which gets him into the situations where fearlessness and determination aid him. Looking at the big picture though, Adamo could have avoided any means of conflict if his impulsiveness had not taken over.
(-) Bloodthirsty; Since he matured fully at at the age of eighteen, Adamo is always eager to shed blood or create a scene, which will allow him to feed off the adrenaline that comes with the danger and fear he invokes. He is full of violence and it is not easily containable.
(-) Disregard of consequences; Adamo pays no attention to what the outcomes may be when he creates a scene or gets impulsive. It is unknown if he blatantly ignores the dangers and consequences or if he honestly unaware of the outcome of his actions. This usually gets him into more trouble than is worth.
(-) Incitation; Adamo loves to encourage or stir up violent or unlawful behavior. He feeds off of others hatred and fear. He urges or persuade people to act in a violent or unlawful way when he is simply bored or itching to watch blood fly. In the past he has in fact incited loyal friends to do illicit deeds.
Like his ancestor, Adamo is generally moody and unreliable, but the essence of Ares rings true in his counterpart. Adamo has grown to enjoy the inner itching that points him towards danger and violence. He feeds off of the feelings of self-hatred, disgust, fear, and regret whenever he can. He is incredibly cunning and charming with a hint of mystery. Plus, he is a great cook.
HE IS CHAOTIC NEUTRAL/EVIL
Adamo was born in Florence, Italy to Zeuli Gagliardi and Horatia Gagliardi. He is eight years older than his sister Evila. His powers did not manifest until he was seven years old. Adamo was playing with a group of friends out on the streets when he suddenly became very ill, but before he could rush home to tell his parents the feeling subsided and he continued to play like any normal kid. That would be the last day he was depicted as "normal" though for his supernatural strength had manifested at Level I and he kicked the ball so hard it was sent into the next city over. All the kids became scared of him and tormented him beyond belief due to this fear. For the next few years Adamo would manifest a subtle hatred and bitterness towards his aggressors, but the feelings were too small to play off of. His family moved several times due to these incidents and not once had his parents decided it was time for Adamo to be checked out. At eleven years old Zeuli Gagliardi (his father) had a heart attacked and passed away immediately. This created the rebellious need in Adamo that grew into his impulsiveness and fearlessness.
When Adamo was becoming a man another incident officially proclaimed him as a danger to himself and his family. This incident pushed him to run far away from home and enlist himself into a military school that would help him get into the Marines at eighteen. This incident was the one which brought forth his regenerating abilities and Level II of his Enhanced Strength abilities. This is the only incident on his criminal record that booted him out of the Marines after four years. Nobody, but him and the police know about what happened that night, but after so many years the case was closed officially.
Now, Adamo lives in Italy by himself and is unaware of his ancestor. All he knows of is his damned powers and the dark feelings that grow inside of him day by day.
More: N/A

Name: Nikolina Rossi

Ancestor: Athena, Greek Goddess of Wisdom, Warfare, Reason, and Crafts

Powers/Abilities: Intuitive Aptitude, Precognitive Artistry, Weapon Proficiency, Tactical Analysis

Appearance: Nikolina is a young adult with fine, choppy dark auburn hair stopping shoulder length. As for her bangs, they are choppy and sweep to the left. Her eyes are roundish-almond shaped and the irises are a honey color. They are close set, which goes along with her thick, high-arched eyebrows. She has high receding cheekbones with a heart-shaped face. Nikolina's lips are natural and rose-colored. She has a small and short nose, her chin is pointed, and her ears are rounded. She has four piercings on her ears, two on her earlobes, one on her right helix, and one on her right tragus, like so. Her hands are small and smooth, although minor calluses are present on different areas, specifically a few patches at the bottom and upper part of her palms. Her feet are small but rough on the underside, mostly at the heel and outer balls. Her chest is a small A-cup and her hips are an hourglass shape. She stands at 5'5" tall and weighs around 130 lbs. She has a warm light complexion with a fair skin tone. Her skin is smooth and luscious, and her arms, along with her legs are long and slim. She has the ideal posture, no distinguishing features, and some intriguing things about her body would be her tattoos, especially the lower back tattoo and upper shoulder tattoo. Nikolina has a small café au lait birthmark on the right side of her abdomen in the middle near her waist. She has no scars.

Personality: TBA

History: TBA

More: N/A

(In progress)

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.