Mysteries of Membuka (a unique fantasy RPG idea)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrincessLala95

Edgesquire
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. One post per day
  4. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
  3. Douche
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Romance, Magical, Fictitious, Mystical, Dark & Light
The Story

This would not be a story-based RPG. It would allow for an unlimited number of people and they could all create their own stories. It would take place in a very unique fantasy world where the only way to explore is by unlocking new locations, features, and other things.

The Basics:

You would begin in a small village. To start, you would be permitted to create 1 human character; nothing more, nothing different. You will have access to two locations within the town (your home and the streets of town) and that is all.

During the RPG, you would have different tasks (called quests) to complete in order to unlock new features. Some might be simple (for example, "Visit the streets of town to unlock a new location") while some might be a bit harder ("Complete at least five posts each of dialogue between yourself and another player"). They will all be unique, though there may be variations on similar quests.

The quests would allow you to unlock more than just locations, however; you could unlock additional characters, new species you are permitted to create, and maybe even new worlds to explore. You would be permitted to create a new character with every 20 items (species, locations, etc.) you unlock, which would leave you with a LOT of freedom to create as many characters as you'd like.

You would have to verify that you have completed the quest by sending me a PM with a hyperlink to that particular post, unless I happen to be online and see it. If you know that I'm online (eg. I'm actively posting or we're involved in a PM conversation already) then just wait for your stats on the front page to be updated, and PM me if they aren't.

These quests would keep the RPG fresh and new for everyone. You would constantly have goals to work towards. It would be interesting and fun, and I hope to hear that you guys would be interested in this!!

Reactions: Yurihana
oooohh.. this looks really unique and interesting, Lala! :] so.. tempted.. to..join.. *twitches*

Reactions: PrincessLala95
I'm glad to hear that, you guys :D I'm still working on it, it's going to be a lot of work to get started, but if there's a lot of interest I'll definitely have to do it :D I had the idea last night and spent some time this morning fleshing it out before posting it... I'm very happy with it xD

The freaky thing is that I logged back on for an idea similar yet not as well. I really do hope we get enough to start this increasingly Fantastical adventure off!

Hi would you be willing to rp, im new to this so i need to find a few people thats all, i have 5 characters already and would like to discuss the rp.

Hi would you be willing to rp, im new to this so i need to find a few people thats all, i have 5 characters already and would like to discuss the rp.
Unfortunately this RPG isn't ready yet, but there are plenty of other RPGs you could go sign up for. If fantasy is what you're interested in then you could try joining my main RPG, the Kingdom of Astaeron :)

Given he posted the same message in seven different threads, I doubt he even read the idea... :c

Ahhh gonna play the detective now? I just cant be bothered want to start an rp quick... and this site is confusng because im new.

Yay! I guess this means I have to hurry up and get it ready for posting, haha :)

Status
Not open for further replies.