My Terrible Rival Saga [Signup/Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yvon seem kinda overpowered for level one. I mean, he has two rather powerful magic weapons, and I can see his Core ability getting out of hand in some fights (though maybe i'm misreading it). I'm fine if Yeon stays that way, but I just thought I'd put it out there.

While I appreciate your concern, this has already been discussed in private.

I'll tell you what the deal is.

Against bleeding or other similar DOT effects, there are saving rolls. For example, you'd be rolling (specifically, this example is dealing with Yvon's skill) a Vigor check against bleeding on your next turn. Each check of this nature will have a set difficulty, determined by myself, and you will have to beat said difficulty; for this particular instance it would be a difficulty of 4 on d6. However, as a rule, each skill of this nature inflicts its damage once before a save can be made. Against low level skills this Check will not consume an attack action. If successful, the bleeding or curse or spell effect is removed. This will be expanded on shortly, with a section being added into the OOC/Combat Mechanics section.

While I can understand how his core ability seems like it can get out of hand I really don't understand how his weapons are OP. He is a knight, knights generally use a sword and shield. His sword is magic but only in the sense it means attacks used with it are counted as magic and use his intel modifer instead of strength as well as can channel spells, not very OP in my opinion since... it's really just a regular sword. His shield, well, it's a shield and can only be effective against one type of damage per three turns. It looks very cool though being all magic.

While I can understand how his core ability seems like it can get out of hand I really don't understand how his weapons are OP. He is a knight, knights generally use a sword and shield. His sword is magic but only in the sense it means attacks used with it are counted as magic and use his intel modifer instead of strength as well as can channel spells, not very OP in my opinion since... it's really just a regular sword. His shield, well, it's a shield and can only be effective against one type of damage per three turns. It looks very cool though being all magic.

I think it was that they were magic weapons, and they seemed pretty ornate. I actually really like Yvon. He's going to pretty fun.

I admit that I skimmed the intro(it's late for me), but I have some questions. So, are Oracle and Aquinas gods or god like beings? How important are they to the story? How important are they at the current moment? Is that Dias stuff of critical importance, or just lore? What is the cult of Dies Irae relation to Roybi and to the F.S.N.?

0racle and Aquinas have a long and somewhat sordid history. Their importance will be explained through the course of the story. Dies Irae, for now, is just an odd cult that has appeared recently in Bridge City (over the last four months) they will be the subject of some important plot points later. At the current moment, as said, they're not much more than a novelty. Ryobi, I will go ahead and spoil this much, is not who he appears to be and has a rather direct connection to 0racle, Aquinas and Dies Irae as a whole.

The F.S.N's connection to all of this will be explained in due time.

Sounds good. Yeah, I could tell that Roybi had some special stuff/knowledge going on from the intro.

Yeah, I thought it'd be interesting to have him take up the first character spotlight after 0racle's 'letter' for the simple fact that he is going to be rather 'in the know' about things. Trying to introduce some of these concepts early on, because they'll probably be around for quite some time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I changed Hazard Star's class description as I said I would, Sleep. Will have Yvon's appearance up soon enough, gonna be a bitch to write kid got too fancy in the clothes department haha. Anyway, for everyone else Star's description just says how she's group oriented with her skills.

Making minor edits to the IC, because I kept mixing up Aquinas' name and need to flesh out Peace's and Ceridwen's sections. Also, where the bleeding hell is everyone? Let's get this on the road, already, hahaha. If anyone is stuck for ideas or anything, give me a holler and we'll get something worked out. I'll shoot a PM out to those involved and if they don't respond or get back in the game, we'll try recruiting some more folk.

Daze, alright. I'll check it over after I make the edits. M'sure everything is legit.

EDIT: Looks good, Daze ^^.

Since Diomedes was the only one who provided input, and it happened to be something I was leaning toward myself, the thread is beginning on the 13th of September; one week into the school year. The first round of F.S.N matches begins, for freshmen, in twenty minutes. For now, our characters can mingle and get some interactions going before we start deciding who fights who.

Im busy today, so ill get a post sometime tonight.

For a second I was really hoping you said SP(Spirit Points) I would have had Liara mention she actually had some, and tease him with it saying he'd only get it if he won in a fight with her. He'd get it either way really. but that works too.

Put up a short post for Ceridwen, will get something up for my other characters later in the day.

Collaborating with Daze on a few posts. We'll have some stuff up soon ^^

Sleep I sent you a PM concerning Kathrine's skills

Huge post coming up from Daze and myself. If there are any questions, feel free to ask about 'em.

Responded to you Possum.

Post up.

I may go pass out now, that formatting took bloody ages. Anyway, enjoy everyone! You got a lot to dig through, good luck.

Sigh.

Woke up hoping for a couple posts or somethin', ya'll are disappointing. Questions welcomed if anyone's confused or stuck.

'till then Daze is bored.

Status
Not open for further replies.