My Terrible Rival Saga [Signup/Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any Physical Melee users want to fight Enoch when the IC gets posted?

I guess I could, perhaps a sparring match, or a barfight.

Or, we can fight in an F.S.N sponsored match.... I believe that's how most of the fighting is supposed to occur. Plus, our characters are to young to be in a bar.

I guess. My character isn't really, he just looks that way.

Gonna try to get the thread up later today.

Possum, you need to give yourself a skill.

I made that skill. If it's over powered please say something.

So i might make another character... We shall see how that goes.

I did indeed add a new character. I will finish him tomorrow

Sent you a PM, Possum.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it terribly amusing that everyone's copied my idea of having two themes, especially you Sleep who probably inspired the others.

I'm not complaining, just quietly snickering to myself.

As a heads up to everyone, I'm going through and checking to make sure rolls are legit. You'll get word from me if I find something that indicates cheating; as I am very much against this sort of thing. One warning, then removal...that's how it's gonna go.

In other news, m'gonna start working on the IC in just a few minutes. Glad everyone's here. ^^

Also! Daze! Yeah, I totally copied your idea about themes. ^^ But mine says 'overworld' and 'battle' themes. Completely original. Completely. ;)

EDIT: Going to add one more character before I get started on the IC. He or she will be up in a short bit.

Name: Ceridwen Auttenberg

Alias: Ceri

Class: "Stained Glass Saint" An array of buffs and other useful skills benefit the SGS, making it a balanced ranged character capable of supporting allies and picking away at enemies from afar. While the damage output for this class is expectedly low, it is made up for by the sheer utility and survivability of their acquired skills. Relies heavily on reducing enemy ability scores at higher levels, coupled with Energy based damage dampening.
Level: 1

Combat Mode: Energy Ranged

Core Ability: "Decalogue Auspice" Grants Ceridwen an additional skill at level one and an additional skill every third level thereafter. (1, 4, 7, 10, etc) Supposedly, this divine gift comes at the cost of her morality; locking her into a decidedly 'white' realm of magic and attitude.

Weapon: "Blessed Crook" A simple cane of polished, red wood; topped with a golden sphere. It has a short reach and offers little in the way of physical damage, but is a potent focus for her magic and a suitable ward against Dark Element attacks of all types. Ceridwen was given this as a gift by her late grandfather and, as such, cherishes it greatly.

Appearance:
Noel.Vermillion-military-outfit.jpg

History: Daughter of the prestigious Auttenberg family, Ceridwen has always enjoyed a certain amount of prestige in her life. However, it seems that the female twin has always abstained from indulging too deeply in her family's wealth and disposition toward opulence. Throughout her life she has been constantly humble and modest, doing her best to help anyone she can with a compassion that borders on outright holy. She has entered the F.S.N tournament this year in hopes of proving herself a worthy champion. Ceridwen has said she plans to use her wish to end suffering in Bridge city, though she wasn't exactly clear on how.

Catch Phrase: "Y-you'll be fine, don't worry! I know what I'm doing!"

Overworld Theme: Video

Battle Theme: Video

Character Statistics:

Stat Roll

HP Roll
Hit Points: 15

Strength: 8 (-1)

Agility: 12 (+1)

Intelligence: 14 (+2)

Willpower: 14 (+2)

Vigor: 8 (-1)

Skills:

Skill Name: Curatio
Level Obtained: 1
Healing Type: Ranged Instant
Element Type: Light.
Effect: A small cluster of luminous blue orbs hover around Ceridwen. These orbs can be used to cure herself, an ally, or even a foe. 1d4 for healing effect and a cooldown of two posts. Orbs fade after contact with the intended target.

Skill Name: Blessed Ward
Level Obtained: 1
Defense Type: Physical
Element Type: Light.
Effect: Creates a wall of light in front of Ceridwen that can absorb 1d6 of damage and lasts for two turns. If the wall is not broken, it will disperse after being active for two rounds. While behind the wall, Ceridwen must remain in place. The wall only absorbs physical type damage and does not dampen nor deter magic or energy type attacks. Cooldown of three turns.

Alright, gonna go ahead and get started on the IC. I might pose a few questions to you guys, later in the day; to gauge what kind of way you'd like the thread to start...after I toy around with some ideas for it, first.

EDIT: Ok, so, here are those questions I said I'd ask.

1) Would you all prefer to start out with character interaction or combat?

2) During the first day of school or a week into the school year?

3) Teams? If so, teams of 2 or 3?

4) How would you prefer your characters achieve their ranking jewel? Through combat with one another, or through exhibition matches with assorted monsters? Or that they got them during their registration and already have them?

Once I get a general feel of what you guys wanna do, I'll get back to the IC.

I think that we should start out a week into the school year. The F.S.N. has finished processing our applications, and they hand out the ranking jewels to the students. They announce that the first battles will be taking place in twenty minutes. This way, the characters will have a little interaction, chose who to fight, and then start fighting.

If we do have teams, they should be a later thing.

A week in sounds lovely, I'd prefer interaction before combat. As for teams, yes please. I have no big deal with teams of two or three though teams of two may be easier to work with.

Name:
Yvon Auttenberg

Alias: Heretic

Class: Shattered Veil Knight - A former saint who has abandoned God and the pacifistic road to become a fighter, a knight who answers to no power but their own. The Shattered Veil Knight relies on their knowledge of the arcane to deal heavy damage, cast elemental spells and to inflict bleed and curses onto their opponents. The Shattered Veil Knight however does not sport heavy armor, relying on magic once again to create devices to shield them.

Level: One

Combat Mode: Magic Melee + Devices

Core Ability: Ophidian Avarice – For every bleeding wound Yvon inflicts he gains a bonus (+1) to any modifier of his choice. This bonus can only be allocated to one stat per battle. If an opponent's wound ceases bleeding, he loses this bonus.

Weapon:
Causa Mortis– Unlike the traditional knight Yvon does not wield a broad sword; instead he wields a light rapier of his own making. He fights in a rather unorthodox way for a knight and a fencer though still focusses on stabbing his opponents. All normal attacks made with it count as magic and use the intelligence modifier instead of strength. Additionally, Causa Mortis counts as a magic item and can be used like a staff or wand to channel spells.

Triad Aegis – What appears to be a silver watch upon his wrist with the face that is more akin to a star chart than a clock is in fact a magic shield of Yvon's design. When activated, a glowing circle inscribed with words expands outward to protect him. Upon activation Yvon must choose what mode of defense the shield takes on, whether physical, magic or energy. Every three turns Yvon may change the defense type.

Appearance:
iPfBxsx.jpg

History: The Auttenberg family has a rich history of religious tradition. Yvon, only son of the family, has long resisted that tradition, outright denouncing the idea of God and all such superstitious nonsense that his family seems to hold dear.
Now, Yvon has entered the F.S.N for reasons unknown. Whether it's to fulfill a wish for some unspoken goal or to just protect his sister Ceridwen.

Catch Phrase: "Get back! Let me do my work"

Overworld Theme

Battle Theme

Character Statistics:

HP: 13

Strength: 12 (+1)

Agility: 15 (+2)

Intelligence: 17 (+3)

Willpower: 10

Vigor: 7 (-2)

Skill Name: Exsanguination Lash [Sanguinare]

Level Obtained: One

Damage Type: Bleeding

Element Type: N/A

Effect: Dealing a precise strike, Yvon causes a bleeding laceration on his foe. While this attack isn't immediately felt, it isn't long before the blood begins to flow. Causes one fourth of his attack damage over three turns. A Vigor check can be made to stop the bleeding, with a difficulty of 4, after one round of bleeding damage is suffered.

Skill Name: Ward Of The Wounded
Level Obtained: 3
Defense Type: Damage Reduction [Passive]
Element Type: Light
Effect:

Skill Name: Blood Favor
Level Obtained: 5
Healing Type: Instant
Element Type: ???
Effect: ???

Skill Name: Venom Strike
Level Obtained: Locked
Attack Type: Poison

Skill Name: Rose Storm
Attack Type: Magic melee

Skill Name: Bloody Thorns

Attack Type: Magic ranged

Skill Name: Side Step
Level Obtained: 3
Attack Type: ???
Effect: Instead of leaping or running out of the way of incoming attacks, this skill allows the user a more elegant escape with a phase in any direction. Adds 1+ to dodge or attack rolls. Three post cool down.

Status
Not open for further replies.