My So Called Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jareth stood, stretching his legs, and setting the pad down on the bed. He moved to fix his IV, shrugging slightly. "Hey, it's okay. I'm not one to let people in, honestly. Plus... I knew you weren't a zombie girl. Your friends are.. You just choose to stay with them because you refuse to open yourself and branch out." He sat down in the chair that she had been sitting in hours earlier, looking around his room. "When I get out, I'm going to force you to branch out."

"Bossy much?" Cali laughed in a teasing tone. But it was true, she didn't branch out or take risks. "When you get out, would you go to the movies, or dinner with me and a few of my friends?" She asked quickly adding. "I promise not to let them eat any part of you." As a humorous comment at the end. Cali was usually a fifth wheel when it came to going out with them, simply because she never got along with the guys they set her up with. And Cali vowing to never go on a blind date again after the third failed attempt. She just wanted someone with more. A guy that had a brain and cared about more then how fast he could get in her pants.

"Uh... Sure. But, I don't talk about girly objects or feminine hygiene. You have been warned." He chuckled, running a hand through his hair and grabbing his laptop, looking down at his messages from Damien. "My friend said hello, by the way. He thinks you sound like a 'hot' girl. I'm not sure how to reply.."

[DamienSanti] Bro! Hurry up and tell me what happened!

[JustJareth] Dude, you have no life.. You know that? Ha ha. I'm on the phone with her now.

[DamienSanti] Damn! You got it bad.. Tell me what she looks like.

[JustJareth] Uh.. Okay.. She's slim, petite.. Bossy and loud mouthed... Very beautiful..

[DamienSanti] I'm talking about her ass, Jareth. What about that booty? Is it nice??

[JustJareth] You're a pig. But I still like you. :D Gotta go. Talk more in a bit.

Cali smiled at his comment. "That kind of talk is left for girl time. No boys aloud." She laughed a little. "Well hello to him. And I think you should answer with a honest opinion." She replied looking over at her alarm clock as a thought came to her. "So you have been telling people about me?" She said half statement half question, bitting her lower lip once again.

Jareth ran a hand through his hair, feeling his cheeks get hot. "Uh... Sure.. You know.. You talk about people in a conversation sometimes." He stood up, pacing around the room again and looking down at his arm. "I don't know what I would have done if I had broke my arm that I draw with. I'd probably cry. Drawing is.. Something I cannot live without."

When she asked of what he said about her, he chuckled, looking down at his hands. "Well.. He asked if you had a nice 'behind'... I said absolutely. I told him you were petite, bossy and loud mouthed at times.. Cute, adorable... The whole package."

Last edited by a moderator:
"I was teasing you silly boy. I don't mind if you talk about me." Cali laughed lightly. "And I hope you never break it then. I don't know if I could deal with a whining stubborn you. Then I'd really have to show you bossy and loud." She laughed once again, her cheeks turning a little rosy. No one had ever really called her cute, or adorable. But she like hearing him say them. But then again, she seemed to be pulled to him. Which was funny to her because before they had become partner, she never felt this before. Laying back down in her bed, cuddling under the covers, smiling a little as she listened to him breath. "So would you like me to bring you something to eat tomorrow?"

Jareth laughed, enjoying the sound of her voice.

Previous to their partnership, Jareth hadn't found her attractive at all. He usually tried to stay away from her and her 'group'. He had heard rumors that people like her were snobs and know-it-all's. He shrugged, laying back down in his bed. "Sure.. Only if you want to, that is. I'm kind of stuck here until the open heart surgery. I speak with the surgeon tomorrow, and then the day after will be the surgery. After that I'll be put on medicine and I'll be just fine!" He laughed slightly, noticing the shaking in his hand due to anxiety. "Can I tell you a secret? I'm.. I'm kind of scared about this surgery. This one seems like it's going to be hell, and no doubt I could die in the middle of the procedure. I don't think I've ever had the thought of death cross my mind until now.."

Cali felt bad for him, at that moment all she wanted was to be in the room so she could cuddle up and comfort him. She knew she couldn't say to much to make him feel better. "Very true."she said softly. "But you can't die on me. It's just not aloud. I mean you already asked me to dinner, told me I needed a better friend i, and besides, it's lujan unwritten rule somewhere that you can't have a boyfriend and him die like two days later. " she said softly. Hoping it would lighten his mood a little. "And lastly, I'm the princess, and you are not aloud to leave me for a very long time." She smiled a little, thinking he did call her a princess after all.

Jareth laughed, rolling his yes and slowly closing them. "Please.. Nothing can kill me just yet." He sighed, running a hand through his hair and looking over at his laptop. He closed it, sitting it on the table beside him and looking at the phone in his hand. "I'm so tired... I'm going to head to bed. You need sleep for school tomorrow." He smiled, looking at the picture he drew of her. "Dream of me. Goodnight, Cali."

"Sweet dreams, goodnight darlin." She said smiling before hanging up her phone, placing it back in the dock. Turning off her light and cuddling up under her blankets. Cali feel back into a deep sleep quickly. It was the first night in a while she had gotten a good night rest.

Jareth awoke to the nurse walking in, her eyes narrowed in frustration. "At least you're my easy patient, Jareth.. The others are too frustrating." Jareth shrugged, looking away. "Weren't you friends with my birth mother?" The nurse shook her head yes, smiling. "She was a good woman.. I mean.. Before the whole situation she is in." Jareth scowled, looking down at his laptop. "No. That's not a situation. She and my father tried to kill me." The nurse shook her head, looking deep into Jareth's eyes. "No.. To free you. There's a difference." She pulled out a scalpel, twisting it in her fingers. "I made a promise to kill you myself if I ever had a chance." Jareth pulled the alarm, kicking the nurse backwards and yelling for help. Guards came rushing in, looking around as the nurse got up, coming at Jareth with the scalpel. "Just die already! Don't you know I am the one who ran you over?!"

The guards took the nurse out a short time later. Jareth was placed in another ward due to another cardiac event. His body was red and pale, his eyes dull and his hair a mess. He didn't know that Mrs. Jefferson was waiting outside of the ICU. She was waiting to see him.

Status
Not open for further replies.