My So Called Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You missed a lot of the party, sadly." He looked around, grabbing the remote and flipping to a talk show channel, his eyes showing a hint of nervousness. "Why'd you come here? You could have went to school, you know. I'm fine by myself." He grabbed his laptop, signing on and looking down at his messages. Jennifer had sent another love note. He knew this was a game for her, so he deleted the message, shaking his head and clicking to Damien's messages.

[JustJareth] She's here.. I'm tempted to ask why she is even bothering, but for now I'm being nice, like you said.

"I had a to go to the doctors for my ankle. I only have to wear the air cast for now." Her eyes lighting up a little. "And going back to gym just didn't seem fun. Beside I thought we were making progress last night. But here you go again with the wall. You know you can be really hot and cold at times." Adding the end as a matter o fact kinda statement.

Cali pulled out a note book and orange pen. "So. Life goals? Do you have any?" She asked not giving him a chance to reply to her previous comment.

Jareth didn't reply. Instead, he scowled and shook his head. "Look. I've been trying to be as nice as possible, but you're making this hard. I'm not putting any wall up. It's not like you're trying to help, either. You're assuming I'm alright and fine with everything. Well, I'm not. Things aren't okay, alright? Grow up in my damn shoes before you think they are." He looked away, anger stinging his eyes and his head throbbing.

"I'm not pretending anything. And I'm not a mind reader. Look if you want someone to talk to about all that... Well then I'm all ears, and it won't go any farther then us." She replied putting her book on the table along with her pen. "At one point you made it a point that you didn't want to talk about it. So I was trying to respect that. I'm sorry if I made it feel like I didn't care." Her eyes full of sorrow.

Taking in a deep breath. Cali got up and moved to the side of his bed. "You my dear are the most fustrating boy I have ever known. And yet here I am, wanting to know more. I just wish you would stop this hot then cold thing and let me in." She said standing by his bed now. She let her fingers lightly trail down his arm to his hand.

Jareth closed his eyes, nodding and instructing her to sit back down.

"When I was a baby, my mother and father didn't want me. I was a 'sin'. So, they tried to kill me. Now, I was too young to know what that meant. My father beat me daily, and my mother would stab me to try to 'sacrifice' me to get a better child... Both of them had black hair. I had white hair. I was totally different from them. I was found near death in a dumpster. My mother and father were arrested, and Mrs. Jefferson, otherwise known as Susan, adopted me. Her husband died when I was very young, but we stuck through together. I got into bad things a couple of years ago, and I was held back a year. Susan couldn't understand how I could resent everyone, even though a lot of girls want me. But I don't want some random girl to be with. I want to be loved by someone I know, Cali. Not someone that wants me for my looks."

Cali smiled up at him, wishing she could take away his pain. "Thank you" she said simply. Biting her lower lip for a moment as she thought. "I can't say or do anything to change the past. I have no control over that." She said honestly. " if I could I wouldn't. But what I can offer is an amazing friend. Someone you can trust, look out for the greater good, be a support system. I can help you try and move on from the demons that hold you back." She offered, only hoping he would take her word in the right context. "Who knows where this crazy path could take us. But if you would be will to see, so would I."

Jareth smiled, nodding and grabbing her hand. "Thanks, Cali. That means a lot." He grabbed his chest, his eyes widening as he felt a throb of pain. He rang the nurse, speaking into the intercom. "These medicines really aren't working." He smiled at Cali, looking over at his hamburger and eating more of it. "I need to destroy evidence before they get here!" He laughed, frantically shoving the food into his mouth and groaning in pleasure. "I love this stuff."

Cali smiled for the few moments their fingers were intertwined. Her eyes widening once she saw him grab his chest. "I'm not bring you anything that greasy again." She said before the nurse came in. Not moving from his side until she had to.

Thoughts raced through her mind, worry, fear, and anger because she could take the pain away. Sure the boy had a ton of baggage. But who doesn't now a day. Once you broke through the hard outer shell, he was caring and nice.

The nurse swiftly walked in, grabbing Jareth's chart and looking to Cali. "I'm guessing you're the girlfriend?" Jareth spoke up first, nodding and squeezing Cali's hand. "Yes ma'am! Isn't she goregeous? I'm the luckiest man in the world!" The nurse put more medications in his IV, clucking her tongue and walking out.

Jareth quickly let go of Cali's hand, laughing softly before eating some more of the food. "Sorry... That nurse flirted with me all day today. I needed some ammo against her."

"I better be getting a amazing Christmas gift." She teased a little, blowing him a kiss. That's usually how you knew you were in good with her. Maybe she had it backwards, but that's just how she was. "Don't worry I'll play the part well. It's what I'm here for. Bestest boyfriend ever. " she laughed lightly. Moving the chair right next to the bed now. "I have a gift for you." Cali added as she looked over at him. Handing him the bag with a drawling book in it. "Thought it would help past sometime. I got the call you would be in longer then expected."

Jareth smiled down at the drawing book, gently hugging Cali and laughing. "Thanks! It's been years since I had an actual drawing pad.." He opened it, enjoying the scent of new paper. "Smells like heaven." He grabbed her hand, looking to her with wide eyes. "Honestly.. I'm hating being here. They won't let me leave yet, and they're talking about possible surgeries for my heart. Creepy crap." He shivered slightly, looking over at his door and leaning in, whispering. "Don't forget to come back tomorrow." He smiled, hugging her and looking up at the TV. "Tonight will be a long night."

"Well I'm glad you like it." Cali laughed hugging him back. Thinking for a moment, she pulled out her pencil case. "I didn't think about the pencil part. So here. I hope they will do." She said handing him a few regular pencils and sharpener. "I'll be at my aunts tonight. You know how the cell service sucks at her house. So here is the house number." Jotting down the number, giving him a wink only he could see. She hoped he wouldn't understand it was her number, being careful to keep his girlfriend trick up. "So if you need anything and I don't answer my phone, call that number." Bending down to give him a hug and placing a peck on his check. "Until tomorrow love." She waved, blowing him a kiss as she walke out of his room, feeling a lot better now.

Jareth looked towards the door as she walked out, a goofy smile plastered on his face. "Women."

He opened his laptop, messaging Damien with shaky hands.

[JustJareth] OH MY GOD! SHE JUST KISSED MY CHEEK DUDE!

[DamienSanti] No way!!! You're scoring big with her, eh?

[JustJareth] No way, bro. I'm playing it cool. I really like her. She bought me food and a drawing pad.

[DamienSanti] Oooh. Don't let this one get away! A couple of questions.. One: Does she have a nice a**? Two: Any available friends?

[JustJareth] Heh. Wouldn't you like to know. One: Yes, not that I've been looking O.O
Two: They're not friends you'd like.

[DamienSanti] Dammit. And here I thought I'd score a girl myself.. UGH. At least one of us is getting a girl. :D By the way.. Jennifer wanted me to talk to you for her.

[JustJareth] Your ridiculous.. Oh? What the hell does the barbie want?

[DamienSanti] You're so cruel. Oh, the usual. She wanted me to tell you: Jareth.. OH I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! I HOPE YOU'RE OKAY AND I NEED YOUR BODY ON MINE RIGHT THIS MINUTE! .... Heheheheheh.

[JustJareth] I knew you'd over dramatize that.. Well, I'm not interested in her. Cali is a nicer girl anyways.

Cali had a goofy little grin on her face the whole ride home. Jesse only laughed as he watched her out of the corner of his eye. "Would my crazy adopted little sis have a crush?" He teased.

"I don't know. I'm glad I finally broke the ice with him. Like it was nice to just get along. And thanks for stopping by the store before dropping me off." She added quickly before getting out of the car and walking up to the house. She was glad to see her mom home for the night. They cooked dinner together and had time to really talk before Cali escaped to her room. Once again sitting at the desk, pulling out the journal.

I think he is finally coming around!! I got a hug out of giving him the drawing pad. Mission accomplished on making him feel a little better. Myself I still feel helpless. Kinda sucks I can't take his pain away. I didn't get my questions answered. But I did et him to see I wants a self absorbed snotty little brat. So hey I'll take what I can get. Bed time for me. So until I write again. Goodnight love.

Cali couldn't help but carefully bounce around her room while getting ready for bed. She place a pillow under the injured ankle, as instructed by the doctor. Looking at her phone she turned the ringer off silent. Just incase she got a text or call in the middle of the night. Pulling the covers up and turning off her light Cali tried to get the best sleep she could.

Jareth picked up the phone, deciding to call Cali. "Hey.. Uh.. I just wanted to say thanks again. You're a great girl. To help you, I'll tell you my life goals so you can get the assignment done. I want to become a writer and an artist, but I also want to do some sort of accounting job.. I want a girlfriend someday.. Uh.. I want a life free of all the hell I've had. I want to take long walks with someone in the park.. I want to be free." He smiled, chuckling and huffing out a breath. "I-I get nervous around others. So that's why I didn't answer the questions. But I figured I'm sitting alone in this bed, and you're at home.. So maybe we could talk."

"Hello." Cali answered the slight sound of sleepiness filling her voice. Smiling once she heard his and quickly making a note of all the things he had listed. "How are you feeling?" She asked as she pushed the pen and paper aside in case she needed it again. Jareth need a friend at the moment, not a reporter trying to get a ton of info for a class project. And a friend was what she was going to be.

Jareth looked down at the phone, his eyes narrowed. "Sorry I woke you... These beds are uncomfortable. I can't sleep."

He shifted in his bed, sketching out a picture of a waterfall. "I really like this pad. It's old fashioned but somewhat new." He chuckled, shrugging and looking up at his TV. "You okay?"

"It's fine. If I don't want to be bugged I put my phone on silent." She said softly. "Yeah I didn't know what to buy. So I just kinda grabbed the first one I saw." She smiled. It was the first time she had ever really bought someone a just because gift.

Sitting up in her bed a little as she turned on the light. "Yeah I'm good. It's nice to hear your voice." Cali admitted, bitting her lower lip a little. Playing with the pen she had now picked up.

Jareth laughed, looking down at the pad and adding dense trees and a brook. "You don't sound enthusiastic, Cali." He turned the page, drawing another picture of Cali. This time, she was sitting down in a chair, her cast gone and her hair flowing over her shoulders slowly. "I'm actually drawing a picture of you. You'll have to see it when it's finished." He added flowers behind her, as well as a tiara on her head and a smirk on her face. "You know.. Since you're the princess and everything." He hoped she realized he was kidding, though he shrugged and closed his eyes, trying to picture her laying down. "It's nice to hear yours, too. You sound different on the phone. Not bad.. Just different."

"Can't get me off your mind, I see. " she laughed as he talked about drawing another picture of her. "You learn so quickly." She laughed a little at his princess comment. But she couldn't say he wasn't telling the truth. She had been know to go into full princess mode more then once with her mother. Her smile growing at his simple comment about hearing her voice. "Thanks for letting me in and not thinking I'm another brain dead zombie popular girl." Cali blurted out with out thinking about it. But her words were true. He was one of the few people starting to break open her shell. And well, she had to admit it felt nice. But then again he wasn't like most of the so called friends she talked to. She didn't have to play pretend with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.