My So Called Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jareth was startled to see Cali enter his room. He cleared his throat, noticing Mrs. Jefferson near the door. She walked in, hugging Jareth tightly and looking him over. "The doctors say you need to get a heart catheter done. Is it serious?" Jareth waved his free hand, rolling his eyes. "They found a problem and they want to see what's wrong. I'll be alright." Mrs. Jefferson nodded, smiling over at Cali. "Have fun you two. I'll come back to take you home later, Cali." She left, and Jareth eyed Cali, rolling his eyes. "You really don't need to be here. I'll be fine. I told you what to write, so just do the assignment." A police officer entered, looking over at Cali before pulling a small notepad out of his pocket. He scribbled notes down with a pen, looking over at Jareth with a frown. "So far, I have no leads, Jareth. Tell me.. Who would want to hurt you?" Jareth scowled, looking over at Cali before replying. "Probably my mother. Maybe my father." The police officer nodded, looking down at him. "I thought they were still in prison." Jareth shook his head, his scowl deepening. "Nope. They just got released." The officer nodded, waving to Cali. "I'll see what I can do. Both of you have a nice day."

Cali smiled, waving bye at the officer. "You know what?" Cali said as she looked over at him. "I get you don't want to do this stupid assignment. I get that you don't want to let anyone in this world close to you for whatever reason. And most of all I get you have a really screwed up life that you don't want anyone to know about. But what I don't get is how blind you are. You know as well as I do, she's not going to let us out of it. As a matter of fact you'll see me everyday after school while you are in here." She told him as her temper started to flare. "So here have it your way. I'll sit over here and read, work on homework, or do whatever else I can come up with to do and act as if on one else is in the room with me." She couldn't help but feel hurt by his rejection. Letting out a soft sigh, Cali looked out the window. The next week would be a long endless one and she knew it.

Jareth scowled, folding his good arm over himself. "Fine." He sat there for a few moments, sneaking glances at her every so often. "Look, I'm sorry. You're right. She won't let me get out of this. I mean, she's my adopted mother. She wants me to have friends. But I'm fine by myself. You're a really great girl, Cali.. Don't get me wrong. But we are in two totally different cliques. You're popular. I'm a loser." He pushed the nurse button, who quickly ran in and asked if he needed anything. Jareth asked for some more pain medicine and something for his anxiety, and soon he was hooked up with a morphine tablet and a Xanax. He grinned, starting to feel the medicine working. He looked towards Cali, a frown forming on his lips. "I'm sorry.. My mom and dad tried to kill me when I was younger. They claimed I wasn't the child they wanted. If you were to find out.. I didn't think you'd like me."

"Your far from a loser. Girls want to date you and guys want to be you. If you would embrace it rather then reject it, things would be a lot different." She said not bothering to look back at the boy. "And if you are going to say we can't get along because of what groups we are in... Well then love you are way more shallow the any other person I have ever known in my life." She said honesty, so airing feeling wasn't something she cared about at the moment. "I just wish you would stop looking at me as if I were one of them. You know she had a good reason for sticking us together. Do you really think everyone got to pick partners, and none of the girls treys to hook you?" She asked with a small grin. "I mean come on you even made a comment about how some of my friends come on a bit strong, yourself."

Jareth rolled his eyes, nodding. "Yeah, but you're different from that. That's why I don't see how you can hang out with them. They're not like you. I had a few other people who wanted to be partners, but I stick to myself. I always have." He looked around the room, trying to find something to occupy his time. "Would you like to have dinner with me sometime? They are thinking of letting me out tomorrow, and all I'll have to do is go to weekly exams at the hospital for my heart. So, how about it?" He smiled over at her, his while hair falling into his eyes. "You don't have to say yes. But if you don't want to, let me down easy."

She couldn't help but let out a soft giggle. "Are you asking me out on a date?" He asked as she finally really looked over at him. "Because if you are, you better not cancel on me." A small smile moving to her lips as she teased him.

Bitting her lower lip a little. " I don't like to be alone. That's why I hang out with most of them. I'll always have someone around then." She told him simply. Cali had always hated being alone and yet that was how her mom left her. Something was always a little more important then Cali. A guy, girls night, work... And well Cali hated the emptiness she felt inside more then anything.

Jareth rolled his eyes, leaning back on the bed. "Something like that." He listened as she spoke of her friends, nodding. "Maybe you should find better friends. You know, like me." He grinned, coughing slightly and then groaning in pain. "When I find whoever made me like this.. I'll throw them in front of a car!" He chuckled, looking away from Cali. "When I was younger, my mom and dad decided they didn't want a boy. They tried to drown me. Well, I was adopted by Jennifer, who you know as Mrs. Jefferson. She took me in while my mother and father went to prison. They had killed my younger brother too. Ever since then.. I've been alone. And I love being alone. No one can hurt you if you're alone, Cali. Then again, the emptiness hurts too."

Cali laughed a little. "In order for us to be friends, you would have to stop pushing me away." She said smiling up at him. "Sorry. Not much I can really do to help take the pain away. But if I had some kind of crazy healing power. Well then I would take them away super fast." She added as she watched him. Even tho he was a little beat up, Cali still found him kinda cute. She liked when he opened up more. As well as really listened to her. Cali found herself hoping he would come around and and they would actually become friends.

Jareth scowled, looking away. "Yeah. Thanks." Mrs. Jefferson appeared at the door, motioning for Cali to come along. "I'll see you tomorrow, Jareth." Jareth nodded, glancing away as he tried to wave. He laid back on his bed, flipping channels on the TV and shaking his head. "Yeah, right. Can't help you, but sorry. Whatever." He was so mad; It wasn't the first time someone had basically told him 'tough luck'. He pressed the nurse button, holding his chest and sighing. "Nurse, my chest hurts. Please, make it stop." The nurse ran in with the doctor, strapping him up to a chest monitor. "You'll be staying for a while. Your heart problem is genetic." Jareth groaned, waving to the doctor and instructing the nurse to call Mrs. Jefferson.

"I'll be back for another torucher session tomorrow." She said as she stopped at the door, trading in her signature wave for a wink (stupid crutches) a soft smile present on her lips. Cali made her way down the hall slowly with Mrs Jefferson. Smiling at the soft hopping sound of her shoe as she went down the hall. She didn't say much to Mrs Jefferson on the ride home, giving her a small wave before she made her way in the house.

A soft sigh escaping her lips once she noticed her mother wasn't home yet again. She pulled out some leftovers for dinner and made her way up to her room. Smiling at the picture he had drawn of her. Cali have put it in the middle of her cork board that hung infront of her desk. She sat down in the pink and white chevron chair, pulling out her journal for its hidding place once more.

Ello loves,
This boy is so frustrating. Hot then cold. Even asked to go get dinner. He's had a ruff life. But yet I'm still ready to learn more about him. I must ask some questions. Maybe about life goals, music. Gosh I don't know. I'm so bad at this stuff. This boy is unlike anyone I have ever known. Who knows maybe we will become friends. He did mention something about that today. :). Well it's time for bed. Soo until we meet again.

Cali smiled as she hide the book once more, got ready for bed, and laid there looking at the ceiling until she fell asleep.

Jareth awoke suddenly, grabbing his chest and looking around. He was in his hospital room; Safe and sound. He laid back, reaching for the glass of water and pushing the call button to alert the nurse. The nurse rushed in with a small cup of pills, looking down on him with a smile. "Sorry about that. You passed out when we put some pain medication in your IV. I'm surprised you're actually awake right now." Jareth smirked, taking the cup full of pills with a grimace. "What are all these medicines?" The nurse looked down at her notepad, clucking her tongue and looking over at Jareth above her glasses. "Two are for your heart. One for pain. One for anxiety.. Two more for the concussion and to reduce headaches.. And one to thin your blood. Just in case there are blood clots." Jareth nodded, taking another drink of water and waving. "I'm fine. Just going to get work done." The nurse nodded, stepping away from Jareth and throwing some blankets over him. "Get some rest. If you need anything, just ring the buzzer."

Jareth resumed typing on his laptop, looking over his online blog with a frown. It was incomplete; The pages seemed sloppy and showed how little he lived life.

Hello, all. It's Jareth here with another entry...

I was admitted into the hospital again. This was a bad one, though. I'm still here. My partner for school came to see me, though she's not being too supportive. I'm honestly about to call it quits with this 'project'. Sure, I'm wanted by many girls. But I wanted to get to know her, and she's pulling away. Why? What does she think that will accomplish? I'm done, though. When I see her next, I'll let her know it's ridiculous to try and be nice to me. She doesn't need to try to keep a smile just for me. I can be alone. I have for a long time. Except for Mrs. Jefferson, of course. My mother and father never wanted me, and that's okay. But finding out that you have a genetic heart condition makes it worse. It's like telling someone who loves sweets that they're diabetic and can't eat sweets anymore. It's stupid. Please, tell me how it isn't. If you can successfully argue the statement, I'll give you a big 'ol kiss on the lips.

Heh. Just kidding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sleep didn't come well for Cali last night. She kept having some crazy nightmare, that she couldn't remember this morning. Letting out a soft sigh, she looked at herself in the mirror. Today would be a makeup day for sure. Covering up the dark circles was at the top of her list. Now counting her blessing that her mother had sent her to that movie camp last summer. She had learned how to apply stage makeup and loved it.

She walked over to her closet, finding a pair of jeans and old hoodie from her trip to disney a few years back. Dress to impress wasn't the goal today. Besides she would be going in late. With any luck the doctor would let her use the air cast today. She had been more then following his rules.

Jareth woke up in a daze; His head was pounding and he adjusted himself in the hospital bed. As he looked beside him, he noticed Mrs. Jefferson reading a book. "Good morning, sleepy head. How are you feeling?" Jareth ran a hand through his shaggy white hair, looking down at his lap. "I feel like death, honestly." Mrs. Jefferson nodded clasping her hands together and looking down at the clipboard in her lap. "Why haven't you and Cali started working on the project?" Jareth shrugged, looking away. "She's pointless to work with. It's stupid."

Cali smiled up at her doctor, "You really mean it. I don't have to use them anymore as long as I don't try and do anything crazy." She asked excitedly as he put the aircast on her. Showing her how she would need to wear it. "The piecing and all still needs to be done and still light duty. And I mean it Cali." He told her in a stern voice. Nodding her head, as if she were five Cali giggled. "I more then promise. Thoes thing were driving me crazy. Not to mention uncomfortable and making like way to difficult." Her doctor only laughed as he helped her off the table.

She walked out to the waiting room, where her best friend waited. "Way to go Cal. You listened and see what happened." He laughed as she gave him a eye roll. "Yeah, yeah I know. Think you could drop me off at the hospital. I only have a hour of school left and it's gym. I won't be missing anything anyway. Besides I'd like to try and see if I can break Jareth down a little." Looking up at him and batting her eyes. Jesse just laughed a little, messing up her hair. "Come on kid." He instructed resting a lazy arm over her shoulder.

Mrs. Jefferson stood, waving to Jareth and sighing. "Please, get better. No bad mood today, alright?" Jareth nodded, waving and looking down at his arm. It was sore and broken, the cast a light blue color that showed how pale he had gotten since the summer had came. He pulled out his laptop, quickly logging into his blog and reading the comments.

[JenniCup!] You're so cute, Jareth. Get feeling better! xoxoxo

[DamienSanti] Seriously, bro? Get your head on straight! This girl sounds HOT! Get better.

[Sidney1122] You're so naive, Jareth. Maybe she just doesn't know you. Not everyone wants you.

[JenniferLove] You're a great guy, Jareth.. But you're insisting it's stupid for someone to try to understand. True, she could have been nicer. But you're probably just overreacting. Take care, love. Get feeling better and post more!

Jareth rolled his eyes at the numerous comments, though the four top comments were his favorite. Sidney was a girl who was a pessimistic person, and Jenni.... She was obsessive.

Jareth decided to write Damien, who had been his friend for years. He left his messages from Jennifer alone, shaking his head and deciding to not dive back into that failed relationship. They had dated for years, though they broke up due to stress and school.

[JustJareth] Hey, Damien. What's up?

[DamienSanti] Long time no see, buddy! How's you and the hot chick?

[JustJareth] Don't start that crap.

[DamienSanti] I'm just saying that maybe you'd like to tap that. Ha ha. Okay. I'm just kidding. But honestly why the long face?

[JustJareth] I'm sitting in the hospital and she tells me 'tough luck', basically. I mean, how can you say that damn crap? Ugh.

[DamienSanti] I understand. Girls are crazy, man. I mean, she doesn't sound like she's honestly going to give you any sympathy. Continue on with the assignment, I'd say.. And if she's still mean at the end, then you know you two aren't meant to be.

[JustJareth] You're right. I'll write you in a bit, bro. Stay safe.

[DamienSanti] K, brother. Be nice and get better.

California knocked lightly on the trim around the door to let him know she was here. "Hey, I brought you some food. And nope none of its from the cafe downstairs." She said smiling as she slowly made her way to his bed, placing the bag on the table. "Plus I didn't know what you liked, so I got a few different things from the menu."

Cali moved the chair closer to his bed, before taking her seat. "Feeling any better?"

Jareth smiled, faking happiness. "Thanks." He pulled out a hamburger, shaking his head and looking over at Cali. "I had a minor cardiac even last night. But I'm okay." He took a bite, pulling out some fries and smiling. "Their food is all heart healthy here. It makes me want to break out." He laughed, looking over at Cali wryly. "How'd you sleep?"

"Well in that case, give me your order every night before I leave and I'll come with a yummy gift." She lauged lightly. "Shoot and I thought I had everyone fooled." A half hearted smile moving to her lips. "Not well. I was home alone. Tossed and turned all night." A soft sigh escaping her lips as she leaned on her hand.

Jareth nodded, taking another bite of his hamburger and sighing. "I'm sorry. I didn't either, actually. With that heart problem and this hospital.. I'm likely never to get sleep here." He stretched, his shirt showing his stomach and the scar that accompanied it. "It's days like this when I wish my life were different. At least then I'd be able to be warm and happy with my family. Not in a hospital being poked and prodded."

"I bet. Must suck big time." Cali replied with a little nod as she looked at his scar, feeling sorry for him. "Can I bring in anything to help you feel a little better, or maybe something to do, to pass time?" She asked. She couldn't say a thing to make him feel better, even tho she wished she could take it all away. She didn't want to draw a lot of attention to his heart problem and though is best to stay away form it.

She looked around the room a little then to her phone. "Sooo... I'm like miss some epic party. But I'm liking the company I have right now much better." She said smiling up at him. Moving up a little to steal one of his fries.

Status
Not open for further replies.