My Other Half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MiNaGi

Original poster
It was early morning in the apartment in Tokyo, a Saturday morning in late April. The weather was sunny and nice and there was surprisingly no rain at all. The more specific location was uptown, at the 11th floor in a penthouse apartment in the better end of Tokyo. There were a whole wall with windows in the large bedroom and two people were lying on the bed together. They were both sleeping in identical white t-shirts and black shorts. There weren't much physical difference between them: same skin tone, same height and size, same face and even the exact same position(just mirrored so they were facing each other). The two boys were both sleeping peacefully, but the one of them that had light, blonde hair was slowly awakening. It was usually the still-sleeping black-haired boy that woke up first, but this time it was different. For some reason, the male with dark hair slept in, for one of the first times in his life. They had always been together; but they had not always been two people. One day, the blonde boy had fallen asleep after a long day, and weird dreams had enveloped him. Next thing he knew, a perfect copy of him was sleeping in the bed with him. Of course he had been freaked out. Who wouldn't be at such a sight? But he'd gotten used to this new person, a projection of himself as he was before he had dyed his hair and become more social. His clone would never leave him alone again, and they pretended that they were twin brothers, after all, what else could they do? No one would believe him if he told them, anyways.

Actually, "Valshe" was just his nickname. He was, of course, born to a family with a Japanese mother, but had ended up with a western name from his father. They had named him Valentine. And since everyone thought about the holiday(even if pronouncation of the name sounded different) he made up "Valshe" as his nickname, so that people wouldn't joke about his normal name. When his clone had showed up, they had had to figure out another name for him, as well, so in the end, he had taken back to being called "Valentine" and now his clone was "Valshe" until he figured out if he wanted another name. It was a bit confusing, but it worked in the end. So here they were, and Valentine had just woken up from his slumber. His fingers were combing through his own, blonde hair. It was dyed, obviously, and if he stopped dying it, it would be just as black as the hair of his still sleeping clone.

Tired, he got up from the bed and walked to the bathroom, showering quickly before he found his attire for the day; tight, black jeans and a white t-shirt. He didn't put on socks because he didn't have any plans of getting out, not soon anyways. He was the idiot at cooking of the two and he agreed with himself to wait for Valshe to wake up. Maybe he'd figure out what name he wanted today. That'd be really nice, so that he wouldn't have to call himself Valentine anymore. People still laughed at it and it annoyed him. When he had finished showering, he took a look at the clock. Okay, it was 8:30AM. It was fair enough to wake up Valshe. So he went over to the bed and sat down, shaking his other half with a smile on his face. "Hey, Valshe, get up, the house's on fire." He joked as he shook his perfect copy. It was so strange that they had adapted to a life together, just like that. It wasn't any day that you had to live with a perfect clone of yourself, after all. But Valentine had decided to get used to it and he hadn't regretted it. It changed his life that he suddenly had someone to spend every morning and night with. Of course, he had never thought about the fact of him maybe getting a girlfriend and then what would happen after that. But he didn't care about that now, because it was just him and his Valshe. There was no reason to worry about other things.

Valshe yawned in his sleep, rolling over as to avoid being bothered by Valentine. The other boys comment made its way into his dream, an odd one that didn't make much sense, but one of the character in it was saying something about the house being on fire. Bolting up out of bed, he looked around frantically before frowning as he realized no such thing was happening. He narrowed his eyes in Valshe's direction, giving him a rough shove as he moved out of bed. "Not funny." He mumbled, still rather tired of he emerged from bed, rubbing his eyes and stretching his arms up over his head. "Now when the house is really on fire, I won't believe you. And then what?" He chided, sitting on the floor and resting his chin on his palm as he sat criss-cross. "I suppose you want me to make breakfast?" He asked, tilting his head a bit. Valshe was usually a morning person, but today he seemed to be the opposite. But, he had no qualms with making his "twin" breakfast; he was a bit hungry himself.​

Valentine smirked as a dark color hazed over his eyes and he patted Valshe's head. "If the house's on fire and you won't wake up, I'll rescue you and then I'll be your hero." Valentine muttered with a smile on his face. "Yes, yes I want you to make breakfast. If I can't have your breakfast I'm going to die, I swear." He said as he rolled onto the floor, lying his head in Valshe's lap. It had been like this with them since Valentine first got used to Valshe's presence around the house. Valentine was a very physical person. He didn't like to be apart from people, and he needed a lot of physical contact to be satisfied with being with people. That included Valshe. Actually it included Valshe more than anything else because him and Valentine had such a... special, connection. "Y'know... you're kinda cute when you're tired." He said as he reached his hand up to stroke Valshe's straight, black hair. "I don't know why... I guess it's because you make this adorable pout when you're tired and pissed off. It's so adorable, I don't even know why." He muttered happily as he smiled.

Status
Not open for further replies.