My New Parents Are Vampires [IC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paige Morelli

Paige felt her cheeks light up like rose-colored Christmas lights as Miranda leaned in and kissed her cheek. She reciprocated the gesture. Time seemed to suddenly slow when her lips brushed against Miranda's skin. Sure, the gravitation towards Miranda was obvious; a beaming smile, charismatic laugh, and a slight mystery in her eyes. But this was something else entirely, knowledge from her undiscovered empath side. The aura Paige felt flowing from Miranda was a combination that she had never felt before. It smelled of red roses and dust. It tasted of a bitter yet soothing absinthe laced in a distinct copper-y tone, almost akin to bl—

Paige felt an icy cold hand brush across her leg. She looked down and around in a hurried swipe, but didn't see a thing. The cool imprints of five small fingers still lingered on her leg. Her lips curled slightly as a jubilant feeling of reckless abandon swept up through her body; it instantly reminded her of the pure joy she felt when her father would come home from work and scoop her up into his arms.

"I'm glad you could come. Jenna needs a few familiar faces. Can you believe how shy the little thing is? I was sure we picked one that was a little more ambitious, but I suppose that is a teenager for you, always contrary to her parents." Miranda's comment brought Paige back to the here and now, and the small smile stayed across her lips.

"I'm sure she'll open up eventually. She's very lucky to have such great influences, such as you two, at this time of her life." Paige nodded towards Miranda in a polite yet adoring fashion. "I'll make sure I find her and say hello." Paige began to turn her body to retreat into the crowd. "And please, if she – or anybody in your family – ever need any help, or someone to talk to, you know where I am." She brushed her hand softly over Miranda's arm, feeling those intense emotions seep into her fingertips.

Paige scanned the crowded room, her eyes focusing on familiar faces; her brain trying to place names to each of her students.
Rayne… Nicole… Wasn't she new? Eros or Enki… Enki or Eros... hmmm, sometimes I get those two mixed up! Then her eyes fell on Jenna, piled in a heap on a patterned couch. Paige swayed her way through the crowd, setting herself politely on the front part of the sofa cushion. Her body language suggested that she was deliberately here to talk with Paige, yet ready to take flight if any students Jenna's age were to want the cushion.

"Hello Jenna," she paused, unsure if in the wake of all the traumatic events this young teen would remember who she was. After all, she had spoken to Jenna right after her parents died, but she understood that trauma had a way of scrambling memories or making them disappear completely. "Ms. Morelli, your school counselor?" she offered up in a sweet tone.

Nicole's response was good and it made Rayne smile. "Well I might just have to work on that then." She retorted quickly. "Sorry I couldn't provide what you prefer." Rayne giggled. "We deal with what we're given right?" The question was rhetorical as the two walked out. Rayne's eyes shifted to the blonde on occasion, she was finding it difficult to not study the girl's body, her movement, features, her eyes. She still didn't understand what it was about the girl that intrigued her so much.

Once outside Rayne relaxed a little bit, her ears weren't ringing as loudly, the music still more than audible to her. A warmth crept over her body. It was very familiar to her. Looking up at the sky she spotted the nearly full moon. Tomorrow would be the first night. Her body eager for the change, ready to run and hunt. Placing the cigarette between her lips she lit it, taking a deep inhale she exhaled shortly after. Holding the smoke between her lips she reached into her pocket. Grabbing her pack she handed one to Nicole and lit it for her. Another toke as she exhaled once again. Left hand hooked on her front pocket. Cigarette in her right. She studied the girl a few seconds more before speaking up. "So why here? Why this little, simple town?" She asked. What she really wanted to ask was 'what the hell are you and why do you make me feel this way?' The urges were intense and she was working her hardest on keeping them down.

She took another pull of her smoke, shifting her weight to her right leg.

The crowd was moving, jumping up and down to the beat while people were exchanging words or going for a drink. The usual one could say and Eros couldn't say he was greatly entertained or amused, standing inside of the crowd. Waiting for something interesting to join in or some sign to cross his eyes. He wasn't too sure, but for now the male was content with standing at the lines, being admired by eyes of shy girls who didn't dare to speak up against him. For now observing was the best thing to do before he decided to engage himself and give into the music. It was then that another presence made itself emerge from the crowd, joining the incubus's side;

"Oh, you're Eros, right?"

Turning his head a little to see who it was that had spoken Eros flashed a smile, just out of politeness, since everyone knew who he was. "Yes and you are?" he asked, checking the person out in front of him. He wasn't sure what to say about their appearance, wasn't sure whether they were a pretty male or a handsome female. Either one it was, but one thing was certain, this person here with him was just like Eros; special. Perhaps the person in front of him wasn't human as well, maybe only partly, but there was this air around him that all of the supernatural beings seemed to carry around. A light inside of their eyes that proved of the knowledge an average human didn't know off and the way they carried themselves, much wiser and for the simple human it was very attractive. Of course it wasn't as irresistible as Eros, but there was a fair share amount for him to recognize.

Speaking of humans, another voice had piped between them, this time clearly female as the new face introduced herself as Nicole, a new kid around town. Another handsome smile on the incubus's face, thinking of the fresh prey that was stalled in front of him. Nodding at her in acknowledgment the male chuckled at himself, amused as she was clearly checking the two of them out and feeling inferior. A perfectly normal reaction for a human, but it stroke his ego the more, blowing it up just a little. "Eros, it is nice meeting you Nicole." he introduced himself, voice smooth as he left the magic do its work as an incubus.

However it seemed that the human, Nicole was a little bit of a chatter, suddenly gasping into woo over how pretty the other was. The one from whom he hadn't caught a name yet and wasn't sure of their gender either. 'Pretty' she had called the other, feeling a little jealous how they got complimented on their looks and he not. Though, he figured, no girl was to tell a male straight up how hot they were. So he figured she was too shy to do so, his ego once again striking up a little. "Don't worry about it, Nicole." The male laughed, lightly, finding her antics cute, but he found all girls cute so that was nothing new. He could assure her and tell her that she needn't be nervous, however, that was too cliché and definitely a fail. After all, what young teenage female wouldn't be nervous around the incubus?

Again the anxiety of the girl was clear as she fell silent, perhaps embarrassed about her sudden outburst earlier. Not that he minded it, she should have kept talking and taken her compliments over to him. It was not like that his ego could get any bigger than it was already. Though before he could say anything the crowd moved again, somehow pushing the new girl into the arms of the incubus who caught her by the shoulders. "Eager aren't we?" he teased her, whispering the words inside of her ear as it was only meant for her to be heard. Teasing the human, making sure that she would remember him and perhaps if he had the time pay up a visit inside of her dreams. However, before the girl answered to him she had announced her departure, exclaiming that she found the girl who had brushed past her 'interesting'. Painful, since this could be sort of taken as a rejection, something that Eros wasn't used at as he let her go. "Er… sure." He mumbled, wondering whether she might be interested in girls.

Wilo.jpg

Little pitter patters promptly came to a halt as Miranda's attention feel somberly on Wilo. The child turned on her heels slowly and glided over to Miranda to kiss her forehead.

"I promise to be a good girl, Misses"

She shot up through the ceiling into the second floor into the master bedroom and shifted, her ghostly shape curled on the floor. Gaze shifting to Jenna's Bedroom door. Wilo slyly flickered to into the hall to turn the door knob and enter the new girls room.

Wilo was happy to see her old room looking like a girls chambers should. Four shades of princess like hues of curtains and sheets.

Hollow eyes fell on The journal Jenna had been writing in, ideas just swarming wilo. Waving her tiny hand the journal flung open, sifting pages to the death of the parents, to the adoption, Wilo read quickly. On the blank page beside today's entry, wilo took up the pen and began to write. Her letters were like any child's, crooked, misspelled, and obvious.

"HeLlo JeNnA I aM wIlO" she scribbled.

Knowing not what more to write, she stopped there, closed the journal and looked on the room once again before she sank through the floor into the kitchen. Just barely peeking over the counter into the living area, the music bumped and thumped. Wilo did not understand this music, not to say she disliked it, it was just a new experience. She moved through the hall into the room of people.

Passing Pablo as he pruned himself, Wilo fixed her sigh on Rando and Bethany. Something was off about them. Moving a little closer she rose from the ground looking back and forth from Miranda to Bethany.

"There's plenty of vampires here, at least one werewolf, some ghosts, a dragon, strangely enough, and a nephilim... who for some reason is talking to an Incubus, but there are other humans here as well"

Wilo was not showing herself to anyone, how did they know she was here?

"Dammit Rando, I told you no guns!" "I HAVE TO KEEP MY GUARD UP"

Recoiling back, she knew now they couldn't see her only sense, and now she knew something, and Wilo wasn't going to let anyone ruin Jenna's Day. If Jenna didn't like it here soon They would never become friends and this thought made Wilo angry. She was telling on them, in her childish ways she searched for an ear to tattle into. There! she smile wickedly and warped over beside the Empathic Paige's ear, she whispered.

"Tung has the gun"

"We deal with what we're given right?" Nicole nodded and half-shrugged in response even if the question was rhetorical. She did indeed agree, living in Cali had been amazing. Astrid and Ramona had been the ones to introduce her to all things Del Rey and Vampire Weekend before anyone else had even heard of them. Enter hipster Nicole. The four years she had lived there had been the best years of her hipster life. The under aged clubbing and drinking and spending hours listening to music on Fridays and Saturdays, it was all so amazingly glamorous and normal. Human normal. Nicole loved to party, she loved to be social, and her parents despised this. There had been hundreds of arguments about Nicole's choices. Especially after they found out that she smoked like a chimney? She had been forced to go through ten full Karate katas every night for a week.

After her 15th birthday, that had been spent with Astrid and Ramona, they sat her down and really told her what was in the world. Even though she had been raised on horror stories that were true. Who knew that Twilight could actually exist, the only thing was that vampires didn't sparkle. Real vampires looked exactly like normal humans, except they smelled a little more dead to the trained nose. Though Nicole hadn't made a habit of sniffing vampires, so she didn't understand what on earth her parents had been talking about. After the big supernatural hunters revelation, she was forced to train four times a week all year round. During her sophomore year in high school, she had been kicked from her honors classes because she had always been late or dismissed early. Why? Because her parents had her come with them to hunt down a poltergeist, or a rogue vampire, or the most wild thing she had ever killed: a pixie with an appetite for toddlers. Nicole was often drug along because of her uncanny instincts, she could sometimes almost sense a supernatural. If she really focused she could tell exactly what they were, but she never told her parents the latter. Mostly because it made her a freak, different from a normal daughter of the Gates. One of the five still breathing Hunter families.

"Thanks." Nicole said sweetly as she took the cigarette from Rayne, lifting it to her lips. Taking a small drag, she tasted the heavier more potent nicotine and ash. Folding her right arm under the arm that held her cigarette she took a deeper drag and exhaled, a slight cough going with the cloud of grayish smoke. Smiling sheepishly she glanced at Rayne, feeling the need to explain her coughing. "This is heavier than what I am used to, has more burn." Nicole flicked the ashes from the cigarette and turned to face her. "So why here? Why this little, simple town?" A bit thrown off by the question Nicole looked away from Rayne's inquisitive eyes, floundering a bit. "Oh, ah w-well... We lived in LA for three years or so, I got in with the wrong crowd, partied too much. My mom got worried so we ended up here." It wasn't a complete lie, it was part of the reason they were here. In actuality, her parents were reassigned when a local vampire couple had adopted a human girl. That didn't happen, ever, so they were put here to make sure there was no foul play. "I find it super ironic that the first thing that happens when we move is a party. I was actually almost not allowed to come." Nicole mentally slapped herself, Stop ranting. She doesn't care if you have overprotective parents. Be cool. Pushing a rogue strand of hair from her eyes she shrugged for the second time. Good job Nick, real nice.

Rando eventually found some scotch and poured himself a glass. He rejoined the party but couldn't find Beth in the crowd. He decided to slip outside to get some fresh air only to find two girls puffing it up, he immediately sneered and whispered to himself, "Well, no fresh air out here, women shouldn't smoke, especially young ones, immediate turnoff" sure he was married but that doesn't mean he couldn't speak for the rest of the modern males. Rando immediately thought of old rotten women coughing their lungs out due to smoking for so long. He looked up and saw the shadow of Squissy flying through the clouds "stupid bird" he said. He went back inside and snuck upstairs. Through deductive reasoning he discovered Jenna's bedroom. He needed to make this quick before he felt creepy. He reached in his coat pocket for a small gift box he left it on her nightstand and left the room, it's contents were an ornate silver dagger and a note scrawled on a napkin reading "just in case"

Rando cannot seem to remember his name

By the time Paige sat down next to her, Jenna had pulled her hair over one shoulder and was fussing through it nervously with her fingers. The couch was a nice secluded spot, or so she had thought. At least she didn't feel prying stares anymore.

Paige received a weak, but genuine smile from Jenna as she shifted over in her seat, allowing the woman room to sit. "Yeah, I remember you. You're the counselor." The funny thing was that before the accident, Jenna probably hadn't seen Miss Morelli more than once or twice the entire time she was in High School. It's not like she ever needed a counselor for anything, life was pretty awesome then. Now every time she walked down the school halls, she knew even the teachers were glancing her way and shaking their heads. Just chock full of pity for the poor orphan kid.

Jenna realized she was sitting there lost in morose thought, probably just oozing awkward silence. "Um...!" she frantically shoved her thoughts around trying to grasp for a good, safe chit chat topic. Brooding silently was all kinds of rude. "This is an... interesting party, right? I think I am the youngest person here..."

Fidgeting with the ends of her hair again, she turn in her seat to take another peek around the room. She was completely unaware of the ghost invisibly hovering at Paige's shoulder.

"L.A? That's pretty awesome." Rayne chuckled. She had always wanted to visit the city of angels. "I've always wanted to go...Maybe for summer break...If my parents let me take the car for like a month..." She chuckled at her own words. "So have you signed up at school yet?" She asked. The raven haired girl was trying to keep conversation going. The last thing she wanted was awkward silence between the two. In truth, she just wanted to figure out why this girl made her feel the way she did. Butterflies in her stomach and the sudden urge to pin her against the closest wall or vehicle. Her thoughts made her blush as she took another drag from her cigarette. "So what do your parents do?" Another question to avoid the awkward silence that could easily happen at any moment.

She raised an eyebrow with a smirk as she watched her. Unwillingly studying her. She felt like she needed to know this girl's weaknesses and strenghts.

Nicole watched the smoke curl from her cancer stick, it was soothing. Something about cigarettes had always calmed Nicole down, they were a way for her to escape the harsh reality of the world. Even for hipster Nicole, the real world of supernatural creature was overwhelming and extremely annoying. She never had the chance to be just a normal teenager, until she had enough and fought with her parents endless times to be a normal girl. Not that girl who had a knife in her boot or a pure silver thin whip as an accessory. When things started to crowd her mind, she could easily say it was time for a smoke break.

"L.A? That's pretty awesome. I've always wanted to go...Maybe for summer break...If my parents let me take the car for like a month..."

Rayne chuckled, making Nicole giggle a bit as well. Rayne would fit right into the LA scene, Astrid would have absolutely loved the edgy girl. "It was pretty awesome, there are so many lounges and clubs there that you can just lose yourself in for hours." Nicole was feeling bold tonight when she spoke up again. "Well you could always come with me when I visit this spring break. My grandparents are up there and my mother expects me to visit them or something..." She trailed off realizing how bad that idea was. Biting her lip she looked away and took another drag of her cigarette, she really was socially inadept.

"So have you signed up at school yet?"

At the mention of school Nicole piped back up, forgetting her moment of social awkwardness. "Oh! Yeah actually, I am a junior this year and my parents have stuck me in a bunch of stick-up-ass honors classes that I will probably get kicked out of within a week. Max." Realizing she cursed in front of a stranger she blushed and murmured an apology. Gosh what was going on with her? It was as if she had lost all her nerve and was stripped bare of all her clothes and sent out in front of a crowd or something. It was just a mysterious, edgy, hot, girl she had never met before. Blushing even brighter she took a sudden deep pull of the cigarette. Her lungs burned, and her eyes watered as she fought the need to cough. Or breathe.

"So what do your parents do?"

This question forced her to cough. Clutching her throat she started coughing hysterically for a few seconds before she regained her compsure. Nicole's parents had taught her the answer to this question, as it was half the truth. "Well my dad has this traveling business thing that in all honesty I am still unsure of." Smiling apologetically she continued. "My mom is actually a certified substitute teacher, and there is always a need for those you know?" The cover story was fool proof, and total "gold" as her father put it. But how was that supposed to explain the home they lived in or the car that her father drove around. Sighing softly she dropped her half done cigarette, crushing it with the toe of her shiny tan pumps that she admired for a moment. They were so adorable.

2404656.jpg

Lilura Coventry
Town Oddity; Rumored Witch

Lilura had arrived not long ago, having been let into the Jones' household at most ten minutes prior to that very moment. She'd been allowed entrance, which had actually surprised her, the girl had been invited of course, but she (and her grandparents) had thought it was probably by mistake. Even so they'd bought her a dress (much to her horror) and forced her to come and now she sat in the crowded living room nearest the window, laughing and joking with... no one... She looked as if she was talking with herself. Earlier a new kid had begun to approach her soon after she'd arrived, after all, a pretty sandy blonde enters the party why the hell not right? The girl would have happily conversed but he'd been stopped by a handful of other males around his age... a friendship would bud from that. He would be grateful to them for 'saving his skin' and stopping the destruction of his fresh reputation from the odd girl and her imaginary friends. She could see it, probably envision it clearly in her mind if she really wanted to.

Lily was actually tempted, just for something to do, normally she didn't try to do things such as that but when one is truly bored they'll do anything to pass the time, even drain away their energy on petty things like watching the near future of some trivial human. At this party there were, of course, humans all about, but what seemed to be far more common were supernatural creatures that lingered here. Now that would make sense considering this was a party thrown by a vampire couple in order to welcome their adopted daughter into the family but still! Lura had seen the girl, glanced at her and then passed by... she hadn't caught her attention, not just yet at least. Sure this whole 'invite the entire bloody school' thing was weird but that was her parents acting oddly. Lilura wanted to see just how much attention people gave Jenna after her big debut. Would she suddenly take the school by storm? Go on to date the quarterback like every normal girl dreamed of?

Would she Ace every exam while still having time to be america's sweetheart and feed the homeless on her free weekends? (Naturally this was the girl's own mental sarcasm) Or would she fade into the background and become just another teenage girl who didn't matter in the big picture. In the end it didn't matter, all Lura wanted was some fun and if this girl and her weirdness could provide it, then by all means she would have a go. That was for later however, after she had survived this horrible party and the tasteless music, couldn't they put on something tolerable, like Lily's style so that she could actually try to dance and maybe enjoy herself instead of wanting to tear out her eardrums and slam her face against the wall continuously. She sighed and then turned to her side to looked at the chair tht could be considered both occupied and unoccupied at the same moment
"This is getting boring already"

She said with a sigh to the boy beside her, though many in the room couldn't see him I suppose now would be a good time to mention that the girl could talk to and see ghosts, and so the supernaturals just wrote her off as one of those human freaks. The weirdos with extra senses and what not. Because actual witches were myths, even to them. The sole reason Lura was even talking to him was because initially he'd been funny. He'd joked about how her complexion could have matched his if people could see straight through her too and so she'd laughed and allowed him to stay. Now they were both bored and Lilura was ready to cause some sort of mischief. From here she could see the kitchen and a small ghostly figure caught her attention. She glanced at her spirit companion, he peered over at her. The two grinned, nodded, then rose and followed her. As she moved she could feel people glancing at her as she walked by with a superior and rather odd air, they moved out of the way because bad things happened when you bumped into her.

For example, as she made her way through the kitchen a guy was getting a drink of water from the tap, as Lura passed by they accidentally grazed each other and the faucet exploded for a moment, letting out a random spray that soaked him and three other people in the vicinity. Lura, though it had been an accident, tried to suppress a laugh anyway, as she left she heard a familiar voice say 'Miss Fortune strikes again'. She ignored it and continued onward trying to catch up with the little ghost. Eventually she was in their sights yet again.
"What a cutie"
She murmured, ignoring who ever might have been around as she appraised the poltergeist near the lady of the hour. The ghost boy who had kept Lura company up until this point waved at the young spirit, Lura smiled slightly. She muttered something to her spirit companion who then leaned closer to her
"We want to liven up the party"
He said ironically with an impish grin.
"You want to have some fun with us?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sailor Arti
The offer to L.A didn't go unheard and it did cause Rayne to smile. Nicole continued on, answering the questions that were thrown at her. "True, well why would they stick you in shitty classes if that's not what you wanna do? I hate it when parents force shit upon you, it's the worst. I'm pretty grateful that my parents let me do what I want and prefer. I mean don't get me wrong. They still do their jobs as parents. They're just more...understanding I guess." Rayne shrugged as she took anothe pull from her cigarette, which was almost done. "Oh, Wicked, so your mom is gonna be teaching at the school sometimes?" Simple question as hazel eyes met grey blue ones. "Or is she like a substitute teacher for like elementary school?" She asked.

Taking her final drag Rayne flicked her cigarette aside. Exhaling the last bit of smoke she smirked sadly. She spoke about her parents. They were still alive, she hadn't caused any harm to them, something that Rayne was insanely grateful for but things weren't the same. They looked at her differently and with every right. They were scared of her, something that deeply pained her heart. She clenched her jaw tightly and glanced to the side. She remembered the first time she had told them, tried to explain to them. They thought her crazy, who wouldn't? They had arranged for her to see specialists and every type of psychiatrist and psychologist. Rayne wasn't crazy and she was the only one who knew that. She had been thrown into this world of unknown and her family had been dragged along with her. Her brother, Maxx, had throught it was a joke and he continued to joke around with her even after Rayne physically showed her family that what was wrong with her was real. He threw dog puns and jokes at her all the time. On one side it made her happy, for the simple fact that he seemed to have accepted it without any worries, on the other side it was pretty annoying but she would rather be annoyed than feared, it made things normal. Siblings were annoying and her brother was doing his part. Parents were supposed to be annoying too but hers were still afraid.

Sighing she looked back towards the blonde. "So what kind of stuff are you into?" She asked. Rayne felt like things were starting to get just a tad awkward. Her questions were running out. "Like music...movies? I dunno." She chuckled nervously. "Are you into art, do you play music? Sports?" She shrugged, it was almost starting to feel like a first date.

The press of the party, the noise of the people talking... the whole atmosphere was as overwhelming and suffocating to Enki as it was vital and exciting. He was at war with his emotions, whether she wanted to run away and find a quiet place to observe from afar or press himself into the mix of bodies and words to better learn their way of thinking. This was her first time at a party such as this, though she'd seen a great many watching from the rooftops of buildings and observing from behind closed doors. He hadn't realized what exactly it felt like to be in the throng of bodies, though. Definitely something to keep in mind.

There was a girl that approached them and she called Enki 'Pretty'. He had indulged her with a smile, but she had flittered away before either of the two present could say so much as a word. Patiently, Enki blinked and returned his gaze to Eros as though nothing had happened. The flash of disappointment and hurt on the other boy's face caused Enki to smile a little wider. Rejection. That was a common emotion among humans, one of the many reasons why he had to wonder at their trying. They kept working, sometimes, even when rejection was all they faced and sometimes, the reject seemed to make them more stalwart. Curious things, humans.

But, belatedly, Enki looked into the eyes of the boy near him and felt a little unsettled, a chill in his stomach. Perhaps not such a normal human after all. He couldn't place what, exactly, but so long watching the humans had given him a good feel for this sort of thing. Not what she would say anything, of course. That was terribly out of place, to make any comment on it. It was Enki's desire to blend in. Instead she extended her hand with a more open smile.

"My name is Enki. I think I've seen you around before, haven't I?"

tumblr_mzqkumC9TA1rqh2hwo1_500.jpg

Naomi Chevalier || Your neighborhood-friendly Ghost

The sensation of something going through you was quite an odd feeling indeed. Hard to describe, but it felt weird none the less. The clouds had darkened outside and a quick shower was passing through. Of course Naomi would chose this time to head over to the party. It was just a small thing though. A minor uh oh. The perks of being a ghost, you could adjust the way your body works. Which is why the rain was going through her and not landing on her. Besides, what girl would want to look like a wet dog and show up at a party? Naomi had taken the time to do her hair, put on some lip gloss and eye liner ,(because that was all the make up you would catch her wearing) and pick out the cute outfit. She wouldn't let it go to waste now.

Naomi found herself on the front door step to the house. She knew these people well enough even though they might not know her well. Naomi just slipped past, through the door and into the party. The music was loud, playing some sort of popular pop song. Naomi looked around getting a look at her surroundings first before she altered her body's exterior (basically solidifying her body). Now people could see her. She wouldn't be surprised if people did a double take. It did look like she just appeared out of thin air after all.

The party looked pretty basic to her. Nothing exciting going on which meant it was dull. It needed some life. But Naomi couldn't do it alone. She needed people to talk to. To have fun with. Otherwise it was a waste in coming all the way here.

Last edited:
Outside of the Jones household, a scream ripped into the air. It was a perfectly, pitched, girly scream that a ten-year-old schoolgirl would let out when she was confronted by a pile of worms that some rude boy shoved into her face. The only problem with it was that it was moving. No, scratch that. There was a far bigger problem with the girly scream, namely that it came from the mouth of one of the resident tough guys of the district who just landed in a tree. He even left behind himself a trail of wind that lead to one certain woman that everyone knew. Clad in a simple dress that had a knee-length skirt with an open cut on the sides so as to allow a greater freedom of movement, this clothing also let people see that this woman was in a combat stance. Her right arm was clenched in a fist and her knuckles were... sizzling and steaming? That could not be right.

"You jackass!" shouted Argona Fleischer and suddenly, everyone in an about fifty-metre radius felt a dreadful chill descend upon them. The words of the resident 'insane girl who could not solve her problems without violence' tended to have such a power behind them, after all. Even more so when this person clearly just demonstrated something that should have been supernatural in origin, namely punching a person several metres down the street. Except there was nothing supernatural about this. The people who saw Argona move her hands were certain of that, so save for the fact that she was a professional martial artist of several martial arts at such a young age, there was nothing wrong with her.

Patting her skirt down to erase even the faintest mark of the still-burning touch on her bottom, Argona took a deep breath and calmed herself, then she continued on her way towards the door as if nothing happened. She did not even notice people staring at her, even though they made no obvious attempts to conceal it, then she knocked on the door. Or rather, she would have knocked on the door if she had not accidentally ripped it from its place with her knocking.

At that, Argona blinked, then she sighed. She really had to stop knocking as if she was knocking on the old doors of the people who took her in, but she always forgot that she was not dealing with iron doors that could be barely moved with some force. Instead of dwelling on her mistake, though, Argona lifted the door back in place, placed it on its hinges, then she took in the party before her. There were so many people in here! That was her first thought, and her second one was that she should challenge someone to a fight and make friends with them. That was a good plan. A few lost teeth and a broken nose always brought people together.

Nicole listened attentively, she had always been one to make intense eye contact, something she learned from her father who was passionate, dark, and extremely intense. "True, well why would they stick you in shitty classes if that's not what you wanna do? I hate it when parents force shit upon you, it's the worst. I'm pretty grateful that my parents let me do what I want and prefer. I mean don't get me wrong. They still do their jobs as parents. They're just more...understanding I guess." Nicole shrugged, her hands slapping against her legs in a completely clueless gesture. "Well consider yourself super lucky, my parents have a plan on exactly how my life should play out." And it was true, her mother wanted her to go to college and learn something in law while her father planned to have Nicole take over the Gates name and possibly take a head position in New York with the League. Nicole just wanted to travel, she wanted to eat all the different foods and smoke a joint with a bunch of strangers.

Nicole watched as the girl seemed to be stuck in a memory, or wrapped up in her thoughts. Nicole admired her fine facial structures, equally strong but feminine. Rayne looked like some sort of warrior princess, Nicole laughed softly behind her hand and rubbed her arm. Maybe this new town wasn't going to be so bad, its not like this girl was a werewolf or something. In fact other than the slight other-worldliness about her, Rayne seemed absolutely and undeniably normal.

"So what kind of stuff are you into? Like music...movies? I dunno. Are you into art, do you play music? Sports?" Nicole blinked at the sudden in flow of questions. Rayne was either really curious or onto Nicole's tiny little family secret. Nicole was guessing it was the former, but then again maybe for once there wasn't some sort of hidden agenda. Maybe Rayne just wanted to get to know her. Smiling brightly Nicole replied, "Well I really love music, but none of that mainstream bullshit. I know some artists you probably have never heard of." Screwing up her face she tried to think of what else to tell her without revealing too much. "I am a blue belt in Karate, I was also on the Gymnastics team at my old school in LA. I like to stay active, but no organized sports." Nicole clicked her heel on the brick, "I love art movies, like Blue Velvet or A Clockwork Orange." Nicole looked up and pushed her hair over her shoulder, she really could sound like a normal teenage girl. So long as she didn't tell Rayne that she was fluent in five different languages (two of them being dead), on a pro level in seven different fighting styles and owned more weapons than an adult military man. Nope, she definitely couldn't say anything about that. "What about you Miss. Tall dark and mysterious?" Nicole seriously hoped that Rayne wouldn't hear the almost slightly flirtatious tone in her question, her face was already partly red from the entire encounter.

Katherine looked up with annoyance as the front door was knocked off its hinges. Alright she couldn't say that she was perfect and she had had more than her share of moments where she had pounded in doors and smashed everything within reach. But, damn, she at least waited until she was out of sight from those who did not know about supernaturals. This kind of pointless display was dangerous for those who would much rather keep a low profile.
"I'll go take care of that." Katherine said giving Casey a rough pat on the shoulder. She did not know Argona as a person all that well, however she had seen her around enough and had heard enough to know that her being at the party could only be a recipe for disaster, or pain, or a massacre, maybe a combination? With powerful strides she cut a path through the party. One of the upsides of being a werewolf, humans automatically avoided you, at least until they looked at you. Then they were usually able t convince themselves that you were perfectly normal.
"Argona!" She called cheerfully once she was close enough switching her wine glass and present into her left hand so that she could wave. In all appearances she looked as though she had spotted and good friend in the crowd. But if you looked you could see a slight narrowing in her eyes that told of her annoyance. She only spoke again when she was close enough to Argona that she did not have to worry about others over hearing them.
"What do you think you are doing, there are humans here that don't know of our existence! You could very well bring a whole colony of hunters down on our heads." Her voice was hardly more than a whisper, but her words were said with a powerful venom. However as her eyes flickered off of the girl they spotted something through one of the front windows. The girl that she had identified earlier as a hunter was standing outside having a smoke with that other girl that smelled like a werewolf. From the looks of it they were getting pretty chummy something that Katherine would have to address. Perhaps after having a word with Argona she would pull the huntling aside for a moment and see if they were planning anything, or at the very least a reason for their presence.

Rayne couldn't help but chuckle. The moment she opened her mouth to respond a girlish scream pierced her sensitive ears. It cause her to almost jump as she quickly looked over her shoulder in irritation with a low growl. She was able to quickly spot what happened and raise a brow. Watching the woman basically knock the door of it's hinges Rayne shook her head. She was fairly new to the whole supernatural thing but she wouldn't just showcase what she was capable of. She knew it wouldn't end well for anyone if she were to do that, so why did this woman— someone she has seen around before —just decide to not give a shit. "...right..." Rayne muttered before turning back to Nicole. "I'm not really sure what that was all about but...it was kinda weird." She met blue eyes.

She shook her head in apology. "It doesn't matter, this town is weird...it has always been weird" Rayne chuckled. "Back to what we were talking about." She smiled. What had they been talking about? Her ears were still ringing from that scream. Right! Rayne had asked Nicole what she was into, the blonde had responded and had also sent a rather flirtatious question her way. "Well...me...uhh...I, I'm into all sorts of things. When it comes to sports I've always loved soccer and volleyball, I play on both teams at school. Tennis is fun too and archery is cool." She smirked. "I also play music and I do some art stuff every now and then. Sports and music are definitely my thing though." Rayne explained.

Rayne was intrigued by the fact that Nicole had such a high skill level in martial arts. "How long have you been doing Karate for?" The tall girl was interested. She had always wanted to get into martial arts or some sort of self defence. Kickboxing had always been something that caught her attention. She didn't trust herself in a dojo or a gym, not now. She was terrified of what could happen in a room filled with so much challenge and competition. Her primal side was very vulnerable to certain emotions and feelings, fighting others wouldn't end well. That's not even considering the fact that she could easily throw someone across a room or punch through a solid concrete wall. She shook her head. There was no point in thinking about it. It just wasted her time.

Paige Morelli
Paige smiled sweetly at Jenna's small talk. She felt a strong sense of wonder from the young teen. As if her world had just been thrown upside down, inside out and then doused with inverted colors. Then again, she had experienced a tragedy she would not simply forget about, but rather, it would be a defining turn of events. But Paige couldn't help but feel like there was a something more to that feeling.

"This is an... interesting party, right? I think I am the youngest person here..." Jenna mused.

Paige cleared her throat, "Quite interesting, do you have any friends from school here to see you? Or do you actually know any of these adults..." Her words trailed off instantly as she felt a tingle on the back of her neck.

"Tung has the gun."
She heard it, but more or less didn't hear it. She felt it, but how do you feel words? She had an overwhelming sense that Tung, whoever he or she was, had a gun, but she could not explain her feeling. It was something she felt deep in her gut, as if on a molecular level.

"Any of them named Tung?" she added casually, though the quizzical puzzlement on her face surely gave away the urgency in her question. "Oh! Don't mind me! Always the questioner." She smiled comfortingly at Jenna, though the sides of her mouth tugged down slightly, still concerned with her previous question.

• Love
Reactions: IceChateau777

The 1971 Pontiac GTO tears into the cemetery parking lot like something hell just shat out, rolled down windows booming out The Prodigy's Smack My Bitch Up at a volume designed to do permanent damage to someone's hearing.

Once upon a time this might well have been a beautiful car; it's got the right cut and shape, the right engine growl, the sort of middle-age virility assertion guys at car conventions would be clustering around to examine. But any beauty this vehicle might once have held has been stripped by it's current owner. The paintwork is shot, beyond scraped and now into the territory of a serious mauling. The engine splutters and groans, the gasping chokes of a beaten beast of burden. An unhealthy rattling has accompanied it as it has made it's way towards this place.

"Change my pitch up​

Smack my bitch up"​

It's interior fares even worse. Genuine leather seats ripped into and torn, a switchblade embedded in the top of the passenger seat. The smell of cigarettes, cheap beer and blood filling every available space, choking the life out of the air until only the stench remains. The back seats are partly burnt in places, a vast pile of junk and debris piled atop them. Dirt and filth smear the windows and dashboard, a thick layer of sticky, viscus crap.

This is the sort of car that should be sold for scrap.

Or burnt in a cleansing fire.

This is, on a related note, just the way the driver likes it.

"Change my pitch up​

Smack my bitch up"​

The man at the wheel of this débâcle on wheels looks entirely at home in amidst the confined chaos of it all. He's a tall, lean figure, gangly and emaciated, pale skin stretched thin over his bones like god just slapped the flesh on and declared "fuck it" on the muscles and sinew front. Dark attire, skinny plaid trousers showing the world just how thin his legs are and a black sleeveless T-shirt emblazoned with the words 'DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM?'

But it's the ink that really catches your eye.

From head to foot he seems to be coated in a cacophony of tattoos. Styles and themes spin schizophrenically the further up you look. Japanese-style back piece poking out under the shirt, the face of a mighty tiger seemingly leering out from under the fabric. Biomechanical right sleeve, all skin tear with the illusion of steel piercing out from beneath. Maori right sleeve, running all the way down to the hand, weaving and intricate patterns whose beauty and design seem utterly out of place amidst the ruin. Even his shaved head is covered in thick black arrangements of ink, the jet black colouring standing in stark contrast to the pasty skin it has been etched into.

With several kicks to get the stiff piece of metal to finally budge, the driver batters the door open and steps out. All the shit piled up in the footwell surges out to join him; old McDonald's wrappers, half of a laptop, a broken piece of 2x4. With the engine's death throes finally in neutral the graveyard's parking lot begins to echo with another sound: a muffled crashing that's coming from the Pontiac's trunk. Skirting around the side of the car to the source of the noise, the tattooed man reaches down and grasps the handle that will open it.

"Right, my pedigree chum," he intones in a drawling South London accent, "I'mma open the boot now, so I am. An' in the name of that 'oly cunt you lot nailed to a cross a while back, if you start 'ollering I'll pull your fackin' tongue out." It's a threat made so casually you could almost dismiss it as a joke, but the vicious barb to it's conclusion suggests that might not be wise. The silence that follows it is taken as agreement; the trunk is pulled open to reveal the small, battered figure of a man stuffed in and amongst the debris. He's gasping for fresh air, and even the muffled light of the early evening seems to be too much for his eyes.
"Goddammit, Flint, where the hell even are we?!" the man in the trunk complains, though he wisely keeps the volume down.

In response Flint just grins, the smile splitting across his face.

As though the Cheshire Cat hate-fucked a hyena, and this smile was the result.
"Questions questions, Bones," he chastises, "you jus' do as your bloody told and nobody you know gets 'urt. Now get the fack outta there, you lazy prick." Reaching in, Flint grips Bones by the front of his grubby parka jacket and hauls him out. The tattooed man's skeletal frame belies a brutal strength, for he sets his unwilling cohort on the ground as though he was just carrying a bag of shopping.

Staring around nervously, Bones swallows before looking up at his disturbing captor. Something about that incessant smile is setting off a panicked little voice in the back of his head, a very old and instinctive voice that remembers the time when mankind wasn't the dominant species on the planet.
"...wwwwhat are we doing here, exactly?" he asks in a worried tone. Flint is reaching into the back seat of the Pontiac and retrieving an old but solid-looking shovel.
"Like I told you 'fore we got in the car, we're off to a party. But you gotta wake some mates up for me first, eh?" He turns to look at Bones again, who would swear that grin's only getting larger.

"Lazy bastards 'ave been laying about way too long, it's about time they got a little exercise."

"Change my pitch up​

Smack my bitch up"​

There was a lot going on in the Jones House. Even though Jenna's little hiding spot safe on an obscure sofa was out of the way, the party consumed the entire household and then some. People were still arriving every few minutes, to mingle and merge in to the crowd. Jenna vaguely wondered if her new parents really did invite every single person in town. Would they all fit in the house? Was she now going to be the most famous person in town? Just thinking about the repercussions this was going to have on her school social life was enough to make her swallow a groan.

"I've seen one of my friends, um, I've kinda just been hiding." Jenna admitted with an almost-grin and a quick shrug of her shoulder. Her eyebrows furrowed as she watched Ms Morelli gain a peculiar expression. Jenna glanced around trying to spot what caused it, but found nothing that really stood out. Her imagination was coming up with all sorts of ideas, though. Her parents were vampires. What other kind of strange things could be lurking around, right that moment, that Jenna wasn't aware of?

"Uh, no? I don't know anyone named Tung... or any of the adults for that matter. It's not like I go to PTA meetings and stuff and hang out with old people, that would be totally weird." Jenna rolled her eyes, and her thoughts went to wondering who in the house were supernatural to who in the house might be one of those creeper adults that like hanging around with kids twenty years their Junior. None of the scenarios she came up with sounded like a good idea.

There was an odd gurgle noise, which left Jenna wide-eyed and embarrassed as she slapped a hand over her stomach. "Ooookay, sorry, that was me! I think I need a snack or something. I hope Mr and Mrs Jones laid out something... normal." Having not been involved in the party planning and firmly against it from the start, she really had no idea what sort of food and drinks might be available. Bloodbags and straws? Couldn't be! Not with a house full of humans. Maybe all the people are the buffet. Ew...

• Love
Reactions: IceChateau777
Status
Not open for further replies.