My Little Pony: The Elements of Creativity

Hearing Thunder Spell's not-quite-so-adventurous plans Sapphire tiled her head slightly. Turns out the colt wasn't all up for adventures all the times. Inadvertedly Sapphire Aurora had ended up looking at him with a slightly inquisitive expression. Shaking her head she reverted to her usual routine. "Sure, I'd love to...?" Her attention was grabbed by a piece of paper that fell in front of the diner's door.
Instead of magicing the piece of paper to her, Sapphire got up, mystery enveloping her, and trotted over. "Thunder Spell, look. Where did this come from?" A second one seemed to blow more towards him.

Before Sapphire Aurora could chase that one as well, she heard a familiar voice calling her. "Sky." She replied and looked at the note that suddenly was up at her face. "Woah, calm down. Where did you say you got this?" Her eyes skimmed over the piece of paper as she took a step back to see it better.
"The land was leaning toward chaos of a different kind if the balance was not restored."
Looking over to her own newly found piece of paper that she was still holding up with her magic.
"When Harmony's bearers were found, Creativity's would follow shortly."
Wait Harmony's bearers, as in the six of the Elements of Harmony that Thunder Spell was talking about a moment ago?
"Thunder Spell! Could you come here for a moment with that piece of paper over there?" It was only a hunch... but... two pieces of paper that held text written obviously by the same pony and a third piece of paper floating in as well just couldn't be a coincidence.
The wheels in her head were turning. Balance. The elements of Harmony were bringing balance to the pony world whenever evil took a hold, but what was this Creativity that was talked about here. She started feeling that urge inside of her, that burning desire of solving the riddle. But there was an equally strong second feeling welling up in her. One that was dreading the possible outcome of what they had discovered.

Gizmo shook her head, "I have no idea. But maybe you're right. These two are from the same source, but their story is incomplete." Gizmo thought for a moment before looking at Arrow, "'Find the six.' Maybe it's referring to six pieces of paper like these? If that's so there must be four more, right?"

Arrow gestured with his head towards Gizmo's piece. "Here, look. 'Harmony's six.' I can't think of anything that could mean but the Elements of Harmony. But then what's this about Creativity...?" As far as Arrow could tell, the scraps told the story of a missing Element of Harmony called Creativity...but that didn't seem right. Why would there be a seventh Element that no one knew about until now? Maybe the story was bogus. But even then, there had to be more to it. Even if it was just some old mare's tale, Arrow couldn't wait to find the other pieces of the story.

"And one more thing," Arrow added after a few moments' thought. "Someone wanted you to find this. Why? Does it have something to do with you?"

Her eyes lit up with the passion of adventure, creativity and excitement. "This could all be something amazing, clearly they have to match in a way" she said her voice like a little bird.
With a swoop she grabbed Aurora's piece of paper along with her own and flew up in the air "Can you two just imagine how amazing this could turn out, what if they have something to do with The Elements of Harmony...something no one ever knew" she chirped "And we have it right here at hoof" she smiled.

"Come on" she said looking at Aurora "We must go to the library and seek the meaning of theses passionate words" she giggled her eyes determined "Or find similar papers" she said while finally landing on back on the floor.

"Calm your wings." Sapphire Aurora said. "If we rush to conclusions we'll be in big trouble. It could just as well have been from someone's book that has no historical value, except the relation to the elements of Harmony. Like... oh how the hoof's that called again... fan fiction or so." She'd rather first see if that third piece of paper was a correct hunch, before heading down to the library, or search for more of these pages.
"It seems the pages in and of itself aren't complete, even with the two we have it doesn't really make much of a story. There could be more that are blown about by the wind. Maybe you can spot them from the air." Looking back to the zebra she wondered what that third piece of paper might have in store.

Gizmo shook her head, "I don't know anything about it really. I've never heard of any elements of creativity, but maybe the local library could give us some insight?" Gizmo offered thoughtfully. She cast a glance to her workshop, sure the soot had settled into her gadgets by now. "Hold that thought?" Gizmo darted into her workshop, where a cacophony of banging and shuffling shortly sounded. The soot wisped out of the open windows as she mare frantically cleaned her work place.

Within a few minutes she reemerged, wearing a new coating of soot. She dragged out three saddle bags, two of them looked like they were about to overflow with all sorts of shiny things while the other lay limp upon the ground. Gizmo placed the saddle bags into large black crates outside her shop. She dug around in them for a moment longer, pulling out a few pieces she wanted to take with her. They were simply things; a tool kit, bits and pieces of various metals for repair work, but the most unusual piece was about a foot in length and was folded up. The metal parts were attached to a harness of sorts with lots of little levers. Gizmo tucked the equipment carefully into her saddlebag and placed it on her back. "Ah, much better. I didn't want this awful soot to settle into my mechanisms." Gizmo smiled at Arrow, "So, shall we go to the library then? Maybe there will be a book about the tales of creativity or at least the elements of harmony to get started with."

All this mystery was making the young pony's passion for solving riddles rise, she could already see all the adventures this could bring.
Taking a breath she flitted up in the air "The sky its is, what better then to be able to see everything" she smiled. "If I find more papers I'll bring them straight back" she flew out of the door, only to shortly pop her head back in "Or send you a note" she giggled at her own silly joke as she flew off.

Arrow opened his mouth to say something about how much he loved the library when Gizmo cut him off. He watched the mare as she rushed into her workshop, curious as to what could be so much more important than solving this mystery, and nearly leaped into the air at the discordant noise that seemed to shake the windows. Some of the soot flew into Arrow's face, causing him to cough and step back. When Gizmo finally came out of her house, her coat was absolutely caked with soot, but Arrow was more interested in the saddlebags she was dragging along. Were those her projects? Or her tools? Or both?

"Wait, what's that?" Arrow asked, ignoring Gizmo's question and pointing to the folded contraption. "What does it do?"

Gizmo couldn't help but to grin, she absolutely loved it when somepony wanted to see what she could do. "Well," She began, obviously not minding the momentary distraction from the task at hand, "Would you like to see?" She began to pull to contraption back out, sure the curious pony would agree.

Gizmo beamed as she carefully but smoothly slid one foreleg into the harness and then the other. She wiggled a little as she settled the harness over her chest. After she had adjusted the harness to comfortable position, she pressed a button on the center of the harness. The metal rods sprung outwards, stretching to a total length of four feet all the way across. Gizmo demonstrated the gadgets ability to flex in numerous ways by pressing different buttons and levers along the harness. Gizmo excitedly explained what each switch did and how everything worked, "And there are magnets in the tip of the left side to help pick up small metal objects. And the right side has a retractable claw that's helpful for picking things up that I can't reach or pick up with my mouth." Gizmo smiled enthusiastically, "I'm working on a modification to help me with my smaller projects. But that's neither here nor there. We've got a mystery to solve, Arrow!" Gizmo practically pranced in place as she waited for the stallion to join in her excitement.

Gizmo frowned slightly but only for a moment, "Ah, you're right, Arrow. We should be focusing on the task at hand." The mare tucked the equipment back into her saddlebag. She smiled, sure she'd have the opportunity later on, and simply explained what it did, "This machine helps me with my work. It has magnets and claws and other useful modifications. I have to show you some other time." Gizmo looked at the stallion, "But right now we've got a mystery to solve. To the library!" The mare giggled and galloped off, expecting Arrow to follow suit.

_wip__harness_by_tomatogoatee-d8191xd.png
That's the basic form of it (the harness) Of course it would have a lot more buttons and switches and such. And the metal arms, duh. <.< But yeah. Cuz I suck at describing and I'm not too sure about the design just yet myself.

I did this post really weird because I might not be able to get online again today and since my post would have been three lines long and left waiting for a reply, I wanted you guys to be able to know what it looked like. (Kinda) But I did the spoilers so it wouldn't take a ton of space. :)

Arrow nodded eagerly, taking a step back to let the device unfold to its full size. There really was never a dull moment in Arrow's life, as long as other ponies actually responded to his questions! The space he gave Gizmo turned out not to be enough, and he jumped back in alarm as the metal rods of her harness sprang out. "Whoa..." Arrow said, watching Gizmo manipulate her giant mechanical arms. "That's so cool! You have to show me how you made that sometime!" He had to admit, it was pretty difficult to get his mind back on track. He'd never met a mare with such a talent, much less someone his age. "But, uh, yeah, the pages." He gave a wide, reassuring grin. "Lead the way!"

Gizmo beamed and pressed the button on the harness once more as the metal bars retracted to their original state. Opting to keep the harness on she nodded at Arrow, "Sure thing! Just remind me when we have the time." Gizmo promised the stallion as she began to trot excitedly towards the library, her piece of parchment tucked safely away in her saddle bag. "I hope we find some answers," Gizmo commented as they made their way to the library.

Starry walked slowly from the Mareston Tribune. The whole interview had been a total mess. Of course she would end up day dreaming in the middle of it. The green unicorn used a bit of her magic to search for her few bits, hoping to cheer herself up a little bit before going back to job searching. She found a parchment in her saddlebag different from her usual writing paper. Curious, the young mare pulled it out of her bag and looked it over. "What would this be?" She looked closely at the words before reading them aloud. "Harmony's power had grown too strong, and the balance was not quite yet restored... What does that mean? Why is this in my saddlebag in the first place?!" Pacing, what ifs and ideas flooded her mind.

Ignoring the people around her, Starry started to talk to herself. "What if this was part of a prophecy... Maybe I'm one of the chosen ones! There could be a whole theory that harmony couldn't balance itself out so Princess Celestia is looking for ponies to restore the balance! She must be choosing me! This could be my chance!" She yelled, blushing when ponies started to stare at her little outburst. Trotting away, Starry started heading toward the library. She needed more information before she went dashing off to the Princess herself. The mare kept the paper floating in front of her in a sea green magic, humming as she imagined herself and a few other unknown ponies saving Equestria. If only she knew...

"Where to start" she asked herself as she flew just below the clouds, she had to either find information on these small papers or find more papers. "Mmmhh" she wondered out loud as she picked up a little speed, only to stop and almost fling herself at the ground, she fluttered on one spot as she looked at the ponies below "Gizmo" she said softly, "She always has tons of stuff, she is bound to know something" Sky said almost to excited. Swooping down she sin-songed "Oh Gizmo" she liked Gizmo she was really fun "Hiya" she chirped and let the notes fly.

Arrow's ears perked up as a sing-song voice reached them. A white pegasus swooped down from the clouds, landing next to Arrow and Gizmo and causing the stallion to jump back a bit in surprise. "Oh, ah, hello," he said, his voice low suddenly. Though he was certainly happy to meet new people, it always bothered him a bit when others came to him so readily. He couldn't help but wonder if they had ulterior motives. "Is this a friend of yours, Gizmo?"

Gizmo looked up to see a white pegasus land in front of them,"Oh! It's.. uh.. Sky, right?" Gizmo inquired, trying to recall. "I think I've fixed instruments for you before." Gizmo smiled, "What brings you down out of the clouds today? Needing a repair, Sky?" Gizmo laughed softly, the white pegasus was always happy-go-lucky and it made Gizmo smile.

"You remember me" Sky brightened her eyes glimmering. "But no, no repairs today" she shook her head and then looking at the stallion "And hello to you to" she gave him a smile then turned her head back to Gizmo "I kinda need something else, these tiny pages or pieces of a page, dunno, has been flying around all over." She was going to show Gizmo the paper but realized she had left it with Sapphire "I wish I could show you, but I left mine with Sapphire" she blushed a bit, she must sound silly. "So I was a wondering..if you saw any or know something about it" she recovered from her blush with her normal chirpy self.

"Oh? You found a paper too?" Gizmo asked, casting a hopeful look at Arrow, "Maybe it's more to the puzzle. Arrow and I both have one." Gizmo stated, pulling her piece out of her saddlebag and showing it to the mare, "Does this look like the one you found? And this Sapphire you mentioned, did she have one too?" Gizmo guessed, hoping Sky could lead them to more clues.

Arrow returns the look and produces the other sheet, the one that hit him in the face. (Not that he had to mention that to this new mare.) "Yeah, I, uh, I found this." He holds it up for Sky to see. "What did yours say?"

If Sky also found one of these pages, that might mean that Arrow and Gizmo were going to be seeing a lot more of her, and he wasn't sure how he felt about that. He'd been enjoying his time with Gizmo more than anything. Bringing another mare into the mix didn't sound particularly nice. He hoped things would turn out okay.

"Yep! That's what it looks like" she smiled happily "and oh! Yes she had one too oh and this thunder pony too, don't really know him" she shrugged a bit then looked at Arrow to answer him "Mine said;The land was leaning toward chaos of a different kind if the balance was not restored...or something like that" giggling a bit. "Hey Gizmo, do you want me to take you to Sapphire or should I call her here?" She asked tilting her in an innocent way.

Gizmo smiled apologetically at Arrow, he was so shy and here she was putting him on the spot. Gizmo thought for a moment, "Well, Arrow and I are headed to the library to do some research. Why don't you go get her and the other stallion you mentioned and meet us there?" She suggested after a moment. She tucked her piece of parchment away while she waited for Sky's response.