My Little Cuddle Thing [Alternet History with Nekos]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Alright you dolts. We have a Eared escaping from prison and two possibly three people who broke her out." The duo narrowed their eyes, the old head never called them dolts. "Don't look at me like that. We know you need the money so get out of my face, get these people, and get them in prison." The Mechromancer carelessly tossed them the pictures of the suspects and waved them out. They both exited and once they were a good distance from the head's office the younger one looked up to his companion and asked ",who was that Scratch?" "A *beep* Dingbat." The foul-mouthed man replied. "And get that dang bird off your head."

"Yeah," Calendula said, pointing at her own wagon and preparing for the crowd of little boys coming in three, two, one.
http://img2.blog.zdn.vn/47180984.jpg
"Calendula and Minami are back!"
"With another Eared!"
"Did you bring any sweets?"
"Did you kill anyone?"
"No and definitely not," Calendula chuckled at the Grey Brothers, Ano and Mano. What a couple of goofballs….
http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/265px-Dorren_8097.JPG
"Calendula!" Old Theresa, the leader of the caravan, shouted. "Did you really break into the prison again?"
"Yes'm."
"Well, you'd better be more careful. And who is this?" she added, peering at Poppy curiously.
"One of the escapees. Her name is Poppy."
"Oh, bless you, Calendula. But you'd best be a bit more sneaky. Okay?"
"Right."
"And now," Old Theresa looked Poppy over. "Let's get you in some nice, new clothes. Minami, can you gather up your kimonos? I think they might fit Poppy."
"On it!" Minami snapped her fingers and a large trunk appeared, filled with a large assortment of kimonos. "Take your pick. I have more than I will ever need."

Farica pulled Alina' s wrist once more, then gave up. She reached into the bag she brought and poured some water on the eared one's head. The eared jumped up, grabbing onto one of the roof' s rafters, clinging on for dear life
"Don't *gasp* do that!" Alina wailed. Almost immediately, the sound of footsteps pounded through the halls. Farica growled.
"Look at what you did! Now we... no you are getting caught!" She yelled, sprinting off the same way she entered.
"Oh no, you aren't going without me!" The neko said, climbing quickly upside down on the rafters. They were both moving at the same pace.

Scratch and Dingbat, headed down the steps to the prison underneath the police department, when they heard noise. They rushed down the steps to see a girl and a eared running away. "Hey! Stop right there!" Scratch yelled before running after them. The duo both slipped on a puddle of water and landed on their faces.

"Hahaha!" Farica laughed as the guards slipped. "I bet I can beat you out!" She yelled at Alina.
"Bet I will!" Alina responded
"Nah!"
"I bet you I will. If I do, you buy me food! I haven't eaten in weeks!"
"You're on!" Said Farica, quickening her pace. But as she said that, she saw Alina speed over her head and hop up onto the ledge above the exit. Farica grumbled, then jumped out of the opening, hopping into a tree nearby. Alina was waiting for her, signaling that there were more guards and to be silent. They both held completely Still. They needed to cross the ground to the fence and slide under it where there was a hole.

"Oh thank you, do you have something I can cover my ears with, so I can---" Poppy started to say "Maybe it isn't a good idea, after all the guard are probably looking for me" Poppy looked at the assortment of kimonos, she picked a green one with flowers on it. It seemed to be her size. "Mam is there somewhere I can change in to this" she asked unfolding the kimonos back up.
http://image.rakuten.co.jp/k-bridal/cabinet/furiz/208.jpg

Scratch and Dingbat pulled themselves up. "That dang crow finally chose to be useful." The crow in question, had launched off of Dingbat's head and glided after the two young lawbreakers. It exited the prison and landed on the fence outside. The smart but lazy creature looked around for the eared and her partner.

"Split! There is a hole under the fence on the east side of the building." Farica said, loud enough that anyone other than the eared one could barely, or not at all heard.
Alina nodded and backtracked into the shadows of the building. Farica did something similar, but lingered longer, making it easier for her to be seen as weaker.

Marellio sighed, holding the two ropes in his hand as he approached the prison. Those two...orange and black..keeping him from his actual hunt was quite the hassle. Not only had it taken him off the regular schedule, but now the prison was in an uproar. Sirens going off every now and then, guards running around and in and out of the main building and even a few eared scrambling for cover or for the outer fence. Lucky for them he didn't feel like pursuing right now. Turn these ones in to mech, negotiate for pay and go to the next assignment. Tugging on the rope, he urged the two to follow. Both cats sighed sadly as they were led inside. Once Marellio entered the prison, he made his way straight to the Mechromancers office, kicking the door so that it swung open casually and he could enter.

"Two escapees..a two hour hunt. They kept me from my actual job so I'll expect some kind of pay for this Mech." He knew the Mechromancer...not very well but he'd done the odd job now and again. He knew he'd settle up and maybe even get a job if he was lucky enough.

which_one_is_better__by_nichigothecat-d8qr8xf.jpg
A HUman girl walked through the town, she was not afriad of anything, and did not fear the Eared people. in fact, she had a best friend who was one. She wondered if anyone in town could point her to the nearest hotel so she could have a place to stay for the Night. The Girl seemed to have been on the streets for many years now, abandoned by her parents when she was just 13.

In about 5 minutes, both Alina and Farica were out, both exhausted but laughing. They were on the edge of a park on a bench, far from the prison.
"I still owe you some food." Farica said to Alina. "We'd better go then. Most stores are closed now, but I think I may know one that is opened." She winked. They walked along, Alina still looking pretty messy. They walked along and saw a girl walking along, looking lost.
"Hi! Do you need help?" Farica asked the stranger, making Alina look at her odd.
"Uhm, FOOD?" Alina said. Farica shushed her.

"Sure, you can use my wagon," Calendula said. "Just...try to avoid the shelf on the back wall."
"Yeah..." Minami said nervously. That was where they stored all of the dangerous magical stuff, like baby dragons and poison. They had never felt the need to use them yet, but if anyone attacked, some of that stuff would come in handy.
Ano looked curiously at them. "Bad idea," he said. "Why don't you use the wagon I share with Mano?"
"Do you want the Gray Touch to be spread?" Theresa demanded. "It's a lot like the Midas Touch," she explained to Poppy. "Except with the color grey. Why don't you use mine, it's the safest...."
"If guns are your idea of 'safe'," Calendula snorted.
"Stop...STOP!" Minami shouted. "She can change in one of the unused wagons, okay?"
"Okay..."

The Mechromancer was deep in conversation with two men in lab coats bearing the asylum symbol. He seemed irritated but when Marellio burst in he smiled, which was both odd and extremely dangerous. "Ah, here's your hunter gentlemen. I'll have him on it in a moment. Thank you for coming." Both of the men nodded and left without a word. They were replaced by guards who took the two eared away to solitary confinement. "Marellio, you have impeccable timing." He gestured to a chair with a large stack of bucks.

The prison was in chaos as Scratch and Dingbat left. They picked up the crow and asked which way they went, to which the crow lazily pointed its beak where Alina and Facica had gone. So the duo snuck through some alleys until they saw the lawbreakers. They walked silently to a bench just close enough so they could hear the convicts conversation and hid their faces in unfolded newspapers.

A skinny something hid in the trees near the caravan group, watching them with interest and hope.

"Ya I guess I will.. go now," Poppy went to the back one which seemed to have no one in it and changed. She took her clothes off and saw her scars. When she used to be owned by a man down in Rome he would whip her for disobeying. Poppy rubbed them then put on her kimono with little trouble. She looked at her clothes and smiled it looked good on her now she just needed something to cover her ears.

Poppy walked out to everyone outside and said "Well I got changed, also I do think I need something to cover my head," she looked at the witch "Didn't you say you had some magic stuff, do you have anything that can help me stay out of sight?" Poppy asked.

((OK I got 2 announcements. 1st I'm make Alice co-gm, congrats. 2nd since I haven't really motioned the setting at all, I think it would be good if it was in a sort of lightly fantasized earth. So Neko, magic, maybe alternate country. I'm thinking we are in a Venice-ish nation instead of having roads of canals having floating islands. Sorry for the long OOC))

Marellio shrugged as he sat glancing through the money, glancing through the scarf that hid his face. "If you say so. My original assignment is still out there and my employer won't be happy if the baker is still getting stolen from. Those two were a unwelcome distraction and now I assume you want me to hunt down those that got away from you. Bring them back alive, mostly unharmed, back to here for whoever those lab coat high ranks are working for. Did I get close?"
He knew how prison politics worked. Subjects needed alive for whatever the reason. High extort price, fights, experiments, test subjects for drugs or serums or whatever else people could think of...and why not the eared? Most saw them as less than people anyway. Just like lab rats...just another subject.

"If I hit that nail on the head, or at least got close, I'll need names. Pictures, possible hideaways, family, friends, you know how I work Mechromancer and I know you'll not shy me on what I ask. Going rate per eared depends on reason and liability." He was always a professional, especially dealing with this guy. Never goof off, always be direct and serious and your customers will be too. Most of them liked that attitude about him..and were much more willing to deal.

The girl looked confused, "Oh yeah sort of.Ive been on the streets for 5 years.." she said. "I wish i could just go to the Yugioh world forever, and escape the hell that i live every day- my parents couldn't accept that my friends were mostly eared."

Farica looked at Alina. Alina leaned forward and leaned forward and whispered into her ear
"I think this is a dimension traveler who may not know her powers. I've met two before. They may also be called crossovers." Farica, who was still completely confused, turned back to the girl. She shook the thought from her head.
"Anyway, we were going in the same direction as the hotel also. It's a few islands away, but it's not too far." She motioned for her to follow and walked away from the park to a bridge to the next island.

The girl looked confused, "So i could scat if i wanted too?" She asked confused, following the two people who she had met. They seemed nice enough, and trustworthy.

((aww….thanks :)….I was thinking that Calendula and Minami could come from something like Japan….hence the Japanese clothing, names, and Calendula coming from somewhere far from here.))
Calendula smiled slightly when Poppy walked off to get changed.
"You know," Theresa said cheerily. "Poppy reminds me a lot of you when you first came to the caravan."
"Is that so?" Calendula replied. "Hm….I never really thought of it that way…." When Poppy returned, Calendula sighed. "That can be solved with maybe…." She twiddled her fingers lazily and a hat appeared. ( http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/m4A31MvK9MMUMJpWmZbWf-w.jpg) "This?"
Minami, Ano, and Mano said nothing. They were too busy looking at the trees where somebody was hiding.
"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Ano said with a smirk.
"Probably," Mano replied. "Let's play 'Who the Heck is Spying on us This Time?'" He made the last part really loud, in the hopes of the person coming out of the shadows.

The Mechromancer said something surprising. "No. Dead wrong. I already have people working on that. Something has... Escaped from the asylum. A strange experiment, I almost didn't believe them when they told me..."

Silence answered the Grey Brothers. Some bushes shook. A scary something pulled itself out of them.

"...A half-breed, so to speak. Part human part eared. The experiment failed however, with terrible results. The man who had been ah, chosen suffered serious brain deterioration, not to mention other mutations." The Mechromancer placed two pictures on the desk as the strange something came into view.

image.jpg
image.jpg
Yes, same dude.

The something was very tall and looked down at the two boys. He looked at them for a while and said ",hi."

"As you can see, the only thing remotely eared about it is it's pointed ears. It's escaped, and the doctors are paying good money to get it back. Find it, bring it back to the asylum alive, it was last seen heading for the forrest."

Status
Not open for further replies.