My Little Cuddle Thing [Alternet History with Nekos]

Status
Not open for further replies.
6237f33092b37fb5715a6b856d1d5258.jpg

Claude strolled down the street casually. Claude was a man who loved learning things, but he did so in cruel and unusual ways. He loved learning about human nature and their reactions to situations. And his favorite species to experiment on happened to be the Eared. Given his money and his status he could often get away with cruelly treating the Eared under one condition, they happen to work for him. And he did have many Eared under his employment as maids and house keepers. His absolute favorite Eared to bother was named Ever, who walked behind him. He was given her as a child by his parents and she stayed under his employment ever since. Outside of his home, he worked as an enforcer, keeping the Eared separated from higher class society. "Tell me, Ever, what is it you Eared folks do when we aren't watching?"

tumblr_lrc8cei0yD1r33crwo1_500_large.jpg

(Ever but with one tail.)
Ever looked up when Claude spoke. Ever was a shy Eared. She was always polite and kind, and offered to help anyone no matter what their species is. She had been at Claude's side doing as he wanted for as long as she can remember. The last memory she had of her parents was when she was taken away in exchange for money. She didn't hold it against them. Her family had no money at the time and she was greatful she could have ended up being of some use to them. Ever is aware that Claude and be cruel and often lets his anger out on her, but she doesn't mind either. She is happy it's her rather than some of the other teenage Eared that work for him. Evers ears twitched to him and she offered a small smile. She decided to say what she knew he wanted to hear. "Nothing, Claude. We live perfectly normal lives and when the humans aren't watching we do nothing." At that Claude laughed and Ever smiled kindly, looking to a building. She knew it was a housing building for the Eared that weren't fortunate enough to live in homes. In there, they lived in cells.

The man smiled, and hearing the girl fall, spoke in a loud voice, "if you are planning on being stealthy, try not to trip over yourself as much." He held the back door of the jail open for them and donned a brown cloak. About this time the warden awoke and ,flailing around, swore revenge. "Try to hide your face as much as you can. Bad enough to have those ears. My brother's place isn't far from here. He works as a butler for a rich woman that's out of town. By the way, I'm Salvo, the 2nd greatest thief ever." Salvo bowed graciously and, covering his face in the shadows of his hood, set off.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net...ts_nest.png/revision/latest?cb=20130512151037

Marellio was one of the people the Eared tended to try and forget existed. He was mainly whispered about in the random homes or hiding places of the neko who refused to go to the camps or simply refused to acknowledge that they were not like the rest of them. Young and old eared alike feared what he would do if he found them for the stories surrounding him were not only terrifying, but malicious. It was rumored that he took you and skinned you alive, keeping your fur as a trophy. Others tell that he enslaves those he takes and uses them for all kinds of devious deeds like slavery and beatings. Whatever the truth, most neko tried to be inside hiding when the sun left and the darkness came out.
That was when he did his main hunting. He tracked and hunted down nekos almost every night. He rarely hunted in the daylight, but there were the times when he changed his mind. Sometimes, families could hear the screams of those he caught. He became a terror of the eared, a being that stalked them and could not be seen or heard...except when it was too late. He became known as the collector of the eared.

Tonight would be like any other night. He would track down a family of neko who had been swiping remnants of the bakers bread. Not a grand crime, but it was theft all the same. He technically cared little if the ones he hunted were human or neko, it made little difference in the end. All that mattered was the capture of the targets. Nothing more...
As he stood on the building gazing around the streets of the town, he was glad no-one really knew too much about him. Few knew his true name and even less knew of his as the collector. His body and face were constantly hidden by his cloak and his weapons were concealed within as well.
He always had to be ready for whatever, or whoever, might come along. It's how he stayed alive so long.

Cuddles covered her face with the blanket barely enough to see her face. She saw the girl with the cross bow and saw the guard behind them. Cuddled dashed and grabbed the cross bow. This was her chance to ran for it. He couldn't trust anyone there. The creepy black haired eared, the strange and thief. She was sort of hoping to see them again.

Salvo saw the little eared running but made no attempt to stop her. "Suit yourself. If you ever need anything, give me a shout, I'll probably hear you." He stated, load enough for her to hear. The thieve was completely serious in what he said, he was always moving so there was a high chance they would meet again. He turned to the black eared. "You have somewhere to be? That girl seems to want you." He pointed at the little girl that appeared to be calling her name.

Ever tilted her head curiously when she saw the back door to the building open. A man seemed to be standing inside with some Eared. Is he helping them escape? Her eyes widened and she looked to her master. She couldn't let him see or he would report then immediately. Ever walked a little faster and pointed to a small cafe. "Claude, look. They have half off on the scones you like." Claude seemed interested. He walked to the cafe and Ever was about to follow until she saw a sign that read "No Eared Allowed". She paused and looked around Before walking towards the alley where the opened door was. "Um.. hello?"

Farica's breath caught as the one person addressed her. she clung to the wall of the hallway. she decided to find another eared to break out. She ran down the hallway and made a right, then another left. She was in an even darker hallway. She came across another one.
http://s641.photobucket.com/user/RecycledWhales/media/anime-manga/neko_3.jpg.html
She skidded to a halt when she reached her cell. though Farica couldn't see her, she could sense there was something there. In the corner, Alina, another eared one was getting really sickly and tired of being in the prison. Farica walked to the cell door.
"Hello?" she said, and Alina responded by jumping up and sprinting to the door, so she was inches from Farica's face. Farica responded by falling backwards, started. All Alina did was stare.
"I'll get you out." Farica said. she ran down a hallway and snuck into the office of another guard. He sat there snoring, and Farica quickly retrieved the keys. she returned and unlocked the door. By the time she returned, Alina was sleeping on the floor. Farica pulled on her arm and started dragging her. "C'mon! wake up!" Farica whisper-yelled. She wasn't able to drag her far very fast. but she was determined to drag her out.
((i may be out for a while. i am going on a school trip to Atlanta until sunday, and i won't have my kindle along XP pardon me if i don't respond, but i hope to find a computer there... i hope...))

Minami stared impatiently at the prison, then heard the sound of a man speaking. "W-witch hunters!" she exclaimed. "Come on, Calendula, I need your help....come on, come on!"

Calendula heard the sound of her friend and groaned. "I have to go," she muttered, and ran, top-speed, out of the prison. "MINAMI!!!"
"There you are! How'd it go? How'd it go?"
"Aw, man. You scared me."
"Come on, let's go over there." She indicated a cafe up ahead. Calendula squinted.
"It says, 'No Eared Allowed'. Let's go."
"But if it says-"
"I am your teacher, aren't I?"
"Yes."
"And you know what that means. We're going."
"But your ears-"
Calendula snapped her fingers and a hat materialized. She grabbed it and put it on her head. "Am I a witch or not?"
"Oh. Right."
Calendula smirked. "Let's do this. And if anybody asks about my hat, it's the latest trend for ladies to wear a hat over their heads."
"It is?"
"No. Also-"
"Calendula..."
"No, listen. If anybody in there sees my ears, be prepared to cast a memory spell."
"Right."

"Good evening miss. I'm afraid you missed out if you were planning on helping that girl. She has left." Salvo stated to the female eared that had arrived. He hoped his friendly tone would make up for the suspicious cloak he wore. He gave the black eared a small wave goodbye that died early as she ignored him.
"So how are you?" He asked, he had noticed that she was traveling with a rich-looking man of whom he would need to pay a little visit to, maybe make his pockets a little lighter.

At the police station, two extremely cheap detectives sat on a bench. They weren't cheap as in they refused to use any of their money, it's just that they didn't (and really couldn't) charge much for their services.
image.jpgimage.jpg
(From left to right) Dingbat/the crow and Scratch.
The older of the two of them was performing his usual routine of reading the newspaper and smoking. The younger one was performing his usual routine of trying to get his lazy crow off his head. The crow was performing his usual routine of stubbornly refusing to detach himself from his owner's head.

Ever paused when she saw them run and looked to the man. Her hands clutched together nervously, her ear and tail twitching. She wasn't that use to male humans, since her only experience with them would be her owner. And he wasn't the kindest. She offered a small, soft smile. "I was hoping to help, but I suppose they didn't need it. Just let them know the town increased their patrol on the Eared. And, um, I am fine. You?" She said, glancing back at the cafe.

Claude had ordered his scones and a cup of coffee, walking to a small table. He sat down and happily began eating his little treat as well as taking a few sips of his drink. He glanced to a nearby newspaper and grabbed it, skimming through the pages. He looked up when he saw two females walk in and raised an eyebrow at them. Odd, it wasn't sunny enough outside for a hat nor was it cool enough to need one. Why wear a hat?

Noise. Lots of it coming from across the way. What could be going on? He started jumping from building to building, rolling as he landed to avoid tripping on his cloak or hurting himself upon landing if it was a larger leap. As he cleared the third building, he noticed the commotion was mainly coming from the neko camp. A breakout? Was there anyone foolish enough to even try something so imbecilic? He decided to get closer, investigate what was happening. As he closed the gap, several nekos rushed from the prison either fleeing for the trees or somepleace they could possibly hide.

He sighed. Suppose that job would have to wait. I'll have to try and contain these escapees. He rushed into the woods, chasing down two of the eared. One with slight orange fur and the other completely covered in black fur with the ears to match. It would take him over two hours to hunt and capture both of the people.

Calendula noticed a man raise his eyebrow at her and she returned it with a rather cold, sarcastic look. "It's the latest trend," she said coolly.
"Mm-hm." Minami supported her, then her ears perked up at a conversation not far away.
"...that's as ridiculous as a human being raised by an Eared..."
Well, then, it's not ridiculous at all, Minami chuckled. She looked at Calendula, who looked close to lunging at the people and scratching their eyes out.
"Calendula...control yourself..." she murmured through her teeth.
"I am."
"Well, you look like you're about to..." She checked to see if anyone was listening. "C-U-R-S-E them."
"I don't know what you're talking about. My niece," she explained to the man. "Such a wild imagination."

Cuddles was in a damp alley. She saw the black haired eared and the so called witch go in to th cafe .Cuddles knew they wouldn't hurt her. So puting her blanket over her head she came up to then. "Hi, sorry about before. It was just instinct I guess, my name is well...," she said not wanting to tell her humiliating name.

Last edited:
Calendula jumped, startled when she noticed the Eared from before. "Hm? Your name is.....?" She tapped her chin. "You look like a Poppy, perhaps...or a Wendy!"
"Should I read her mind and find out?" Minami asked.
"Knock yourself out."
"Okay...her name is...Cuddles?"
There was an awkward silence between the two of them.
"Are you sure you performed the spell properly?"
"Yes."
Calendula looked at Cuddles interestedly. "Well, it's a cute name...not exactly what I think somebody would want to be called, though...."

"Please, I don't like to be called that. Back in the prison that what they called me," Cuddles explained with a bit of a frustrated look "Why don't you call me Poppy, ya at least it's not humiliating like before" Some people gave her odd looks, with her jail clothes on and her blanket over her head. "Maybe I should get out before someone sees I'm here, will go to the ally out back," Poppy said looking towards the door.

"Okay, Poppy. I don't think I should be here, either, I'm getting weird looks. Would you like to stay at our caravan for the night?" Calendula asked politely. "It may not be much, but it's better than nothing," she added as she stepped out of the cafe.
"Calendula….is there enough room?"
"I think so," Calendula replied.

"I'll be sure to mention that if I see them again. I am well." Salvo noticed the eared was looking at the nearby cafe and saw the girl, the black eared, and the young one were all there, when the sign said No Eared. "Ah, I don't think you should worry too much about them dear. That one," he pointed at the black eared that was now waring a large hat, "she is rather powerful. I would worry more for your fellow there if he tries something." He gestured to he rich man with a little humor in his voice. Salvo got tired of the hood and flipped it off, exposing his blue hat and friendly face. "Where are my manners? I am Salvo." He gave a short bow. "Do you have a name dear? Does your fellow have one or shall I simply refer to him as 'Four Eyes?'"

A gruff, gravely voice broke the silence that dominated the hall. "Come in." The older man put down his paper, if he had flipped just one more page it would tell him the startling news of a very dangerous person escaping from the asylum. The younger one gave up and entered the office after his partner. Nether of them had ever seen the new head of the guard, so it was a surprise to find his office cluttered with gears, parts, and the like. The man himself looked like he had survived a bombing, but never changed his clothes.
image.jpg
Metal wings were behind his back, folded inward as to not take up room. "Take a seat you two." And the two sat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Poppy followed the black haired eared outside. "By the way what's your name you never told me your name," she said looking at her face, it was more visible know in the light of the street light.

"Calendula." Calendula said quietly. "And this is my student, Minami."
Minami gave a shy little wave. "She taught me everything I know and is really nice."
"I am?"
"Yes, you are."
"We'd better get back to the caravan," Calendula said, and made her way to a forest where several covered wagons were gathered.

Poppy followed Calendula into the forest. She saw the wagons and said to Calendula "So this is your caravan," Poppy yawned "This there somewhere I can sleep? I have been up all night," she asked. "Maybe a change of clothes will do me good to," Poppy finished putting her hand on the splintery wood that made up the wagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.