My Little Assassin

"Get out here," Thane said sternly, forcing his face to remain straight, "and give me your clothes." Pushing the door opened wider, he finds that keeping a stoic expression is easier aid than done, and is nearly laughing again by the time he gestured March out of the bathroom. "Nice tattoo," he said, poking him in the middle of the yin-yang circle.

"Come on out, then. No use wasting time we could be spending training, right?" Seeing him still holding his boxers in front of him, he swiftly grabbed for them, yanking them out of his grip. "Right, then, let's get to it."

"No, not my boxers," March whimpered. "Are you seriously going to make me train like this?" he asked, gesturing to himself. He quickly put his hands back in front, hiding himself. He was pouting and blushing, which felt unnatural to him. Of course, the whole situation was unnatural to him, being naked in a stranger's house and all. "Please... Don't hit me... My skin is really... Sensitive," he admitted, his cheeks burning. ((sorry for the lack of spacing and stuff, my iPad's being a jerkface ><))

"Of course you're going to be training like this!" Thane announced, incredulous that his apprentice would assume otherwise. "I could've been worse; made the slightest wrong move and you'd lose a finger, or put ridiculously hot sauce in your food and not tell you about it. The kind of hot sauce that not only burns like hell going down, but is worse going out, yeah? No clothes for a week is a blessing, be thankful for this. Now, let's go train."

Without making sure he was following, Thane turned around, going to the dining room. "Just sit down," he said, moving into the kitchen. Opening a cupboard near the sink, he gets out zip-lock bags full of various herbs and such. Taking out five different ones, he goes back to the dining room. Setting each bag on the table, he sits down across from March. "Right. Choose any one of the bags. We'll both eat one leaf of the herb chosen." What Thane wasn't telling him was that he had built his own immunity to each of the herbs. Besides that, all only one of them would do was make him fall asleep or pass out.

"Go on," he stated, gesturing towards the bags.

March nodded to his mentor, looking down a little. When he put it that way, being naked wasn't the worst thing ever. He followed Thane, mumbling under his breath on occasion about feeling cold and exposed. He obeyed when he was told to sit and was grateful that the table was covering his lower body. While waiting for Thane, he wondered if he'd ever done this to an apprentice before. Or had he done the other things he mentioned?

When Thane threw the bags on the table, March looked at them curiously. Would Thane really try to poison him? He said he would eat one too, so he doubted it. Still, he looked concerned as he studied the bags. Usually... Darkly coloured plants are poisonous... Right? He asked himself. Finally he pointed to a bag with lighter green herbs.

"That one."

Opening the indicated bag, he takes out a leaf, popping it into his mouth before tossing it towards his apprentice. Almost immediately, he started feeling its effects. First, his eyelids felt slightly droopy, and he had a bit of trouble keeping them opened. Then, his limbs felt heavier than normal. For his apprentice, it would probably not only be much worse, and there was a possibility that he would pass out soon.

Swallowing heavily, Thane said, "We'll...train with poisons like these every day...build up your immunity, yeah?"

March took one too, chewing it slowly and carefully. He didn't notice what little effect it had on his mentor, because his vision got blurry as he felt drowsy. "Yeah..." he said, barely paying attention. Letting his head fall to the table, he let it rest there with his eyes closed. "What... Is that...?" he asked quietly. "I'm not... Sure... But I think I... Might be dying... Very slowly," March told him lightly. "I'm sleepy."

((So sorry about the short reply D:)

Thane watched with mild interest as the herb ran its course through his apprentice's body. It would be a long time before he would be able to move around properly, maybe not until morning. That's how it had been during his own training. The first time, he had passed out for three-fourths of a day, and when he woke up he had permanent marker on face, the design of vulgar symbols and words.

A soft smile coming to his face as he realized how out his apprentice was, he stood up, moving to his side. Poking him sharply in the side, he shouted, "You awake?" When he got no answer, he poked him again, seeing if the boy would stir.

March brought his arms up, cushioning his head comfortably. All else was forgotten as he felt himself slipping out of conciousness. For a just a second, his eyes opened as he was poked in the side. Almost immediately though, he was out, only answering Thane with an absent-minded groan.

He had no idea what had been in that bag, but that was the last time he went with his gut instinct. He'd have to research herbs and such, next time he'd be prepared to pick one that wouldn't kill him or, in this case, make him pass out while naked. March had never done that, not even the time he got blindedly drunk. This herb had knocked everything out of him though, and he was off into a land of unconscienceness.

Slinging him over a shoulder, not caring that he was still naked, he carried March to his apprentice's bedroom, setting him down on the bed. Sighing, he got the covers and placed them over his frame. "And now," he mumbled to himself, "I'll go finish my book." Returning to his living room, he started reading again, deciding that tomorrow he would see how his apprentice fared with hallucinogens. As he waited for March to wake up again, he busied himself by cleaning up some, not liking having a dirty house.

March woke up later that night. Or rather... morning, seeing as he woke up around 1 am. He rolled out of the bed, tangled in the bed sheets, and fell to the floor with a thud. He groaned and laid there for a few minutes, not sure of how to go on from there. Finally, as his senses returned, he wriggled free and sat up on the floor. "Now what?" he asked himself, wondering if Thane would be asleep.

Sighing, he stood up and poked his head out of the bedroom door. Great, March thought, Just great. Barely my first day and I've already passed out.

Thane had been asleep when he was awoke by a loud thump. Instantly opening his eyes, he crept out of his own bed in nothing but his boxers. Reaching over to his bedside table for a small dagger he always kept nearby, he held it in his hand, thinking that someone who wasn't supposed to be there was in his house. Moving to the door, he slowly opens it, looking at his alarm clock to check the time. Sliding out into the hallway, he quickly spots a figure in the doorway of his apprentice's bedroom.

Not wasting any time, he rushes the figure, forcing him to the ground and sitting on top of him, the dagger pressed to his throat. "Thought you could get at my apprentice?" he asked, his voice a dangerous whisper.

He was about to go back to bed when he was attacked. March went down easily, groaning as he hit the ground. Dear god, that hurt, he thought.

"Don't kill me! It's me!" he said quickly, covering his head. "Please don't stab me," March whimpered. "I'll go back to bed." He lay there on the ground, not struggling at all. He could feel that his mentor's clothes were a little too thin and guessed he was wearing boxers or some thin pajama bottoms. Either way, March was feeling awkward.

Sighing heavily when he realized it was his apprentice and not an intruder, Thane set the knife down, getting off of March. Standing up, he flipped a nearby light switch, looking down at his apprentice. "Still haven't gotten used to having another person in my house. Poison got out of your system?" he asks, sticking out a hand to help him up.

Once March was back on his feet, Thane said, "Get back to sleep...in a few hours, I'll get you back up for training. Get sleep while you can, yeah?" Spinning him around, he doesn't wait to see if he actually goes into his room before disappearing into his own, not happy at being awoken in the middle of the night.

"Most of it. The last bit just got scared out of me." March replied, taking Thane's hand and getting up. He nodded, rubbing his arm and waving to his mentor as he left for his own room. "Sorry for waking you up," he apologized before turning into his room and shutting the door.

Yawning, March picked up the sheets and set them back on the bed before crawling in and cuddling up. Despite having slept for most of the day, he was glad to finally get some non-poison induced sleep. Besides, he would need the rest if he was to survive tomorrow. He knew, after today, he shouldn't expect Thane to go easy on him because he was new.

Practically collapsing into bed, Thane doesn't bother with the cushions, falling asleep almost immediately. When he woke up in the morning, it was still dark outside. Pulling on a pair of pajama pants, he was about to go to check his email for any contracts before remembering that he had been barred from any until March was properly trained. Sighing, he walks out of his room, yawning and scratching himself indecently.

In the kitchen, he prepares toast for himself, spreading grape jam over the two slices, figuring out how he would train March that day. Smiling evilly to himself as he decided upon a good base to start at, he sets a pan over the stove, cracking eggs into it and throwing away the shells.

Later, the sun coming in through the window woke him up. For a few seconds, he panicked, seeing as he was naked and in a place that wasn't his apartment. March remembered where he was and what he was doing then, and he sat up yawning. On the bright side, he didn't have to get ready because he was already set to go.

He walked out slowly, worried that if his mentor was still sleeping, he might wake him up again. Hearing the rustling in the kitchen, he sighed with relief and walked casually to the doorway. "What will we be doing today?" he asked, hiding his lower body as best he could.

"If I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise," he answered, setting down a single plate of scrambled eggs on the table next to silverware. "You have to eat first. I promise I don't have any weapons on me, and you can check if you want," he gestured towards his pajama bottoms, "but I wouldn't advise it." Pushing himself onto an empty counter, he waits for March to begin eating. He had, while his apprentice had been asleep, mixed in an incredibly-hot hot sauce, which he masked the initial tastes and smells with salt. It would be another pain test for his apprentice, and he decided that if March performed well in it, he'd reward him later. "And there's no need to try to cover yourself," he added, grinning, "we're both men here...unless you've got something to be embarrassed about?"

March reddened, "Uh... Uh... No!" He quickly walked to the table and sat down, feeling really embarassed. It's not like he was ashamed of anything down there, but that didn't mean he wasn't shy. "I don't see you eager to take your clothes off," he grumbled, picking up a fork to start eating.

He ate happily, except for the slight stinging in his throat, though it only lasted for a moment. He had to admit though, his stomach was feeling a little odd. March tried to ignore it, seeing as he'd already passed out the day before.

Chuckling at his apprentice's embarrassment, he sat down across from him, watching him eat with a bemused expression he hoped could be mistaken for still laughing at his discomfort. Glancing away, he saw that the hot sauce bottle was still on the counter, he carefully slid off of the counter, not wanting to alert March to anything. Slowly moving to the bottle, he watched his apprentice carefully. Finally reaching it, he played it off as simply cleaning, and stored the bottle in the cupboard above it. Turning back around, he waited for his apprentice to finish eating.

March's throat was burning now, and his stomach was getting upset. He coughed a little and cleared his throat, his cheeks starting to turn red. "Can't I eat without it being some kind of test?" he asked, looking up at his mentor, "What'd you put it in it?" These were not normal sensations for just eggs.

That is the last time I eat some of his food, March thought, biting his lip. He would have to muscle his way through it, how bad could it possibly be? Well... That was a question he didn't want to be answered. He decided though, that to make himself feel better, he'd tell himself that all would be rewarded later, he just had to accept it.