FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Usually every day, but I often don't like posting every day.
Writing Levels
  1. Elementary
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adept
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
Genres
Fantasy, modern fantasy, high fantasy, romance, slice of life, sci-fi, grimdark, light fandoms (next gen, non canon chars, etc)
*trigger warning, mention of child harm/abuse in first paragraph*

Everything just keeps getting worse. I thought I'd be able to go back to normal after finals, but no, everything just keeps happening. I'm in an emotional whirlwind. I thought me beginning to hate my best friend now that I live with her was gonna be the worst of it. Now I find out she's also been going behind everybody's backs and sleeping with my other friend's ex. I also woke up to my fiance sobbing the other night. Turns out his cousin's baby didn't die from SIDS. She died from being thrown across a fucking room by her piece of shit father. 4 weeks old. My fiance couldn't fathom how anyone could do such a thing to their own child and just broke down when he read the article his mother sent him about the whole thing.

*end of trigger warning*

Other, more minor, bullshit has been happening, and I'm just tired of it all. We're moving next summer once our lease is up. I'm beginning to think my best friend shouldn't be my Maid of Honor anymore, now that I've seen how controlling she is. She already tried to convince me to not have a Renaissance Festival themed wedding because it was outlandish and stupid (RenFest is where we bought our rings, and it means a lot to both me and my fiance so fuck her). She even told me to my face that "you and him make me want to kill myself sometimes" when she saw a pan wasn't cleaned. Now, her new boy toy is staying for a week without even asking us if that was okay. But God forbid any of our friends stay the night without letting the delicate flower know or she just might have a panic attack.

And to those asking why we don't just sit down and tell her this shit isn't okay, trust me, we've tried. She won't have any of it. She freaks out and thinks we're attacking her. She tells us that we're lucky to live here, because it's her uncle's house, and he doesn't let people other than family members live here with roommates. She wants us to appreciate her (she still won't tell us what she means by that). She outright tells us she can't wait until we're gone. She's convinced we lie about cleaning our areas because they aren't up to her standards. She keeps telling us "you guys need to compromise" but she won't compromise for us. I'm just tired of her and I can't wait to move. I feel like I can't have privacy with her, and she judges us for our lifestyle of sitting around and doing nothing when we can, but she does the exact same thing. She claims we trigger her OCD by sitting around while she is on the couch on her phone.

And also, apparently I'm not depressed enough according to her. Me and my fiance are both depressed, but we have a handle on it. Well, that's just not enough for her. We aren't depressed enough! She's depressed, not us. We can still function, we're not depressed. How dare we think we're depressed when she has all of these mental illnesses that should make her an invalid doing nothing but she graces us with her cleaning abilities that are far superior to our own (they're not), when she should be the ones telling us to do everything to her standards. Like, I believe people when they say she has a mental illness. I believe her when she says she has depression, anxiety, OCD, 5 other different neurotic disorders, and asthma (especially asthma cuz it's hard to hide that one). I believe her because I don't disbelieve people who say they have stuff like this. BUT IT'S PERSONALLY OFFENSIVE THAT SHE USES THEM FOR AN EXCUSE. Like seriously. She has to one up us every time we start to complain about something that affects us in some way.

And for anyone wondering, yes, she is a privileged middle class woman who doesn't work and never had to work because her parents did all the chores for her and now her daddy pays for her college and her living expenses and gives her spending money while the rest of us are struggling to live on our own. And she hates her father (for good reason, he is a POS), but she also is constantly yelling and screaming profanity at her mother, who is the sweetest lady to ever live.

So yeah, life is confusing and emotional right now. I've been tired, physically and emotionally, and can't wait to go home for Christmas so I can be away from her for a while. I'm trying to do wedding stuff too. I want to rant to my real life friends over the phone, but my roommate never leaves the house, so I can't. I just want to spend Christmas away from crazy. Unfortunately, I'm also going to my fiance's mother's family's house for Christmas, and they are the definition of crazy. Thankfully, it's the least crazy sibling of them all, and Grandma Lee will be there. Their mother is the only one with sense it seems.

If you read this all, thanks for that. I really just needed to rant.

raw

That just sounds like a lot to deal with :( Honestly I think that SKANK needs a HUGE wake-up call. Just stand your ground, don't tolerate her bullshit, and take charge until you and your fiance move out. Be mean if that's what it takes to get your point across. People like her only act tough when their prey seems weak. Stand up one good time and she'll fall in line REAL quick! Cut her out of your life and KEEP her out. You don't need folks like that around you.

I wish you and your fiance the best of luck and you keep your wedding theme as is :D It sounds really sweet :)

giphy.gif

I'm assuming ex-best friend? xD I'm amazed you're able to call her that considering what she does, honestly.

But seriously, my condolences for your fiance's cousin's baby, and I hope summer comes and goes quickly so you can move out >_< Can't imagine what it's like to be bitched at by a hypocrite 24/7, even if she does have all the mental issues she seems to like pulling out. I also don't think you should give her the benefit of the doubt when she cites these, since she apparently doesn't give you two any when you say you're depressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.