1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genre: Romance, drama, romcom, comedy, parody.
Expectations: Adept, flexible posting speed.
Size: Not too big. Six or so. If there is a huge interest new roles may be considered.
Other: Art style pictures. (Pinterest is a goldmine for Korean celebrities fanart, for example)

When a group of friends joke around and an actual role play idea is born...
My Life as a Kdrama

It was just a chat program like any other. So how did she end up with the heir of company X suddenly declaring his hunt for her? It is kind of exciting, however, he is looking for her who is so close by. How clueless! That until…

Premise
Always in demand and popular are the romantic comedies. They include an innocent girl with a fierce personality, usually from a poor background and a selection of handsome boys that all fall for her. One male is the lucky one, the one she will fall for. In a historic setting that boy would be a prince. In a modern setting he would be the heir of an extremely successful and big company. Of course it isn't complete with a set of rivals, a beautiful and equally as rich girl comes in the picture, elegant, but arrogant, and a much better match than the innocent doe and a the nice charmer that becomes our mains best friend. Throw in the cliches, obligatory hospital scene, some tears, dramatic break up and back together again, the evil mother-in-law and we are complete. Tie in a happy ending and the fans are sold.

Love messenger is one of the many romantic comedies that are hyped and set to release. With its star studded cast confirmed many fans are anticipating its debut on television and the press are trying to get a glimpse of the first scenes of the undoubtedly popular series.

However, behind the screens much more is happening. Between the cliche lines and the overdone tropes the staff have their own lives and schedules. Some wear a glazed mask while others are just discovering this new unknown world for themselves. Will they manage to find a happy ending like their beloved series does?
Characters
Lead Actress - a totally doe eyed and innocent looking idol turned actress. Through her much beloved 'innocent' image as an idol she has been chosen to take up the role of the clueless girl that wins the boy. This isn't the first time she gotten this part, but there is still a lot at stake. She apparently didn't do too well in her last project, leading to harsh criticism. However, the company is willing/pushing her into another chance. After all, she has the perfect image, right?

Lead Actor - a sexy bad boy that has many hearts beat faster. He is a veteran within his field, having played the role of the stoic heir that falls for innocence many times. Some accuse him of being type-casted, or that he can't play any other role besides from the rich heir whose heart turned into ice. Perhaps this time he can show them otherwise? [Claimed by FieryCold]

Second lead Actor - a model turned actor with a prince-like charm to him and a stunning smile. The one everyone would want as a big brother. He has had some experience in the filming industry, but hasn't managed much beyond the role of the second lead that always misses out by a hair. It doesn't matter, however, many fangirls still sympathise with him, loving him even if he goes bad.

Second lead Actress - if one role requires thick skin it is the second female lead. This poor girl often has to act as the evil counterpart of innocent. Charming, alluring, seductive and graceful but at the same time manipulative, cunning and very, very shrewd. Her ultimate goal is to stir up the relationship of the lead and be hated by the audience. Good thing she can make up her act through her public image.

Clueless scriptwriter - an avid fan of rom coms and finally allowed to write out their own and see it brought to life! What a chance, what an experience. The scriptwriter certainly hit the jackpot with the incredible cast that was cast for their story, but now comes the real problem. Will they be able to bring a story to the table that will catch the attention of the audience? [Claimed by Nemopedia]

Director - all these series were similar to each other. Clueless girl got involved with hot shot, insert the drama and a hospital. The director has seen it all and is growing bored of them. However, it brings in money and with the cast this series was sure to attract many viewers. If only the story wasn't so bland. [Claimed by darkflames13]

Last edited:
Is 2nd Lead Actor still open?

Interested in 2nd Lead Actress!! :D

• Thank You
Reactions: Nemopedia and Crow
IT'S REALLY HAPPENING. YAASSSSS !! Much excite ❤

• Thank You
Reactions: Nemopedia
I AM DYING XD

I'M SO STALKING THIS WHAT IS THIS GUYS XD

• Bucket of Rainbows
Yo, 2nd Lead Actor please :D

• Thank You
Is Lead Actress still open??

Is 2nd Lead Actor still open?

Is Lead Actress still open??

If the spot hasn't been claimed yet according to the list, it is open. I don't work with reserving spots for others. Gotta earn it, finish that skeleton, impress and you will get it.

Yes, this can mean competition. c:

I AM DYING XD

I'M SO STALKING THIS WHAT IS THIS GUYS XD

HEY NOC KNOCK. WHY NOT JOIN US TO MAKE STALKING A LITTLE EASIER? HMMMM? XD

It's gunna be great. Believe me. c:

@rissa, since you loved the post, can I assume you had interest in this as well? :D

And seems like I got plenty of interest. I will try to get the S/U open this weekend so that we can start working.

• Love
Reactions: darkflames13

Of course it's going to be great xD I just don't watch K Dramas so I'd be a little lost :'D That and I kind of got seven roleplay threads going on between three sites. I think I'm good for now ^.^;

If the spot hasn't been claimed yet according to the list, it is open. I don't work with reserving spots for others. Gotta earn it, finish that skeleton, impress and you will get it.

Yes, this can mean competition. c:

@rissa, since you loved the post, can I assume you had interest in this as well? :D

And seems like I got plenty of interest. I will try to get the S/U open this weekend so that we can start working.
Well I'm always ready to compete so sign me up for 2nd Lead Actor competition already got a genius idea for the good boy trying to turn bad XD.

*sobs* If only I knew more about kdrama

@rissa & @Noctis the Devious, you don't really need a lot of Kdrama knowledge. The premise already lays down the bare foundations of what Kdrama exists out of and you can find some super funny videos online as well that take a jab at Kdrama (which are also hilariously true). It is like telenovella, or shoujo manga. xD

Well, I know I'm a bit late but I think I'll try for a role :) Although it seems that any role I pick I'll end up sparring with someone...oh well