My kids ganged up against me...

Well, apparently she wasn't trained not to bite, sadly. Now that she's starting to adjust, we've noticed it. Looks like I'll have to start giving her time outs the same way I do my kids. lol

I tried scruffing her, and it only makes it worse. I pinch her for a few seconds, and tell her no, and the second I put her back down she attacks me. @_@ So I've got her carrier all set up once it's playtime again to see if that works.

I'm also starting to realize she wasn't socialized with people the way she should have been, or had many toys either. I got her some little balls with bells in them, a mouse that squeaks each time she touches it, and one of those treat trays where she had to move the cover in order to get the treat. It took her a full day to even acknowledge any of the toys, although she did like it when I put one of the balls in a butterfly net and jingled it around. She chased it for a few minutes, then got bored and decided biting my toes was more interesting.

Well, apparently she wasn't trained not to bite, sadly. Now that she's starting to adjust, we've noticed it. Looks like I'll have to start giving her time outs the same way I do my kids. lol

I tried scruffing her, and it only makes it worse. I pinch her for a few seconds, and tell her no, and the second I put her back down she attacks me. @_@ So I've got her carrier all set up once it's playtime again to see if that works.

I'm also starting to realize she wasn't socialized with people the way she should have been, or had many toys either. I got her some little balls with bells in them, a mouse that squeaks each time she touches it, and one of those treat trays where she had to move the cover in order to get the treat. It took her a full day to even acknowledge any of the toys, although she did like it when I put one of the balls in a butterfly net and jingled it around. She chased it for a few minutes, then got bored and decided biting my toes was more interesting.

seee? we must eat them beforethey eat us

Yep, as I said, don't associate your hand with discipline and punishment. The ferret will respond accordingly.

Good luck with the carrier! It's a good choice.

Also, didn't acknowledge toys for a whole day?... Sounds like this ferret might not have gotten the attention she needed before. Might take a while to acclimate her to a healthier environment.

Yeah, she's finally warming up to them, but they don't hold her interest for too long. I've been searching for a tunnel for her, but nearly all of the pet stores around here are empty of everything, so I'm going to have to wait till after Christmas to order her something online. She's also not a big fan of treats either. I've tried some of the more expensive cat treats, and ferret treats, but she doesn't bother with either. Poor thing. I definitely think that she didn't get all the attention she needed, so I've been trying to work with her as much as I can while she has the patience.

I definitely think that she didn't get all the attention she needed, so I've been trying to work with her as much as I can while she has the patience.
Just be sure to give her some space too. It's a new environment so she'll need a couple weeks to adjust and realize "this is home now".

On that end she's doing great. She's already claimed my pillow whenever she decides it's nap time outside of her cage. She's already made a friend with my cat, who is surprisingly patient with her, even after getting her ear bitten (Which earned a time out. It feels so weird to be putting an animal in time out. lol) The hardest part about training her as been my kids who don't seem to understand that they can't give her attention when she's in time out.

Reactions: Brovo